20240322_163631 (resized).jpg
20240319_194137 (resized).jpg
20240319_194051 (resized).jpg
IMG_5172 (resized).jpeg
20240313_124509 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240313_232015126 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240313_230406999 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,847 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 357.
#401 2 years ago
Quoted from kool1:

Thanks.
Never bought new before. I guess I shouldn't assume it's all working and tested out of the box.

even on old games.. things get loose, move, etc. Just part of owning games But yes, having to 'dial in' a new game, or any game that was freshly assembled is par for the course. Tweaks, or things that worked at first, but fail quickly.. all par for the course. Don't be afraid to open it up

#402 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

even on old games.. things get loose, move, etc. Just part of owning games But yes, having to 'dial in' a new game, or any game that was freshly assembled is par for the course. Tweaks, or things that worked at first, but fail quickly.. all par for the course. Don't be afraid to open it up

I'm definitely not afraid, I guess my past machines were always "pre tweaked" . In my brain I kind of assumed NIB was ready to go too. Long day yesterday lol.

#404 2 years ago

need to move that decimal over a couple spots to the left

#405 2 years ago

Question, only pros that have been shipped is the small first batch to locations right? The real first run of pros is after the LEs, prob in early March? Correct?

#406 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Question, only pros that have been shipped is the small first batch to locations right? The real first run of pros is after the LEs, prob in early March? Correct?

The Pros so far have been earmarked only to be sold to operators. They can be sold after Launch party as used. After the Les are supposed to be the Pros & Premiums for the home user.

#407 2 years ago

#408 2 years ago
Quoted from kool1:

In my brain I kind of assumed NIB was ready to go too. Long day yesterday lol.

Only HEP games

#409 2 years ago

I bought mine from someone else.Nice too.

#410 2 years ago

Finally here and set up!

Customers digging it already today.

Put a sub on with the pinsound speaker out harness, but can still use some upgrades.

337950B4-3E98-4A1F-B248-5DA759B05521 (resized).jpeg337950B4-3E98-4A1F-B248-5DA759B05521 (resized).jpeg
#411 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

6 strings, 3 tuning keys and 4 string nuts. [quoted image]

That's what makes Geddy a genius!

#412 2 years ago
Quoted from JeepSnob:

Any suggestions on where to get the mylar folks are talking about as a temp fix? Does it come off cleanly later once a final fix is provided or is it stuck forever?

I used to use the pre cut sheet of circles, squares and inlanes they are 10$ a sheet or so. Now i just buy "Letter Size Laminating Sheets" from Office Max or any office store, much cheaper and just cut the size and shape you need. 10 pack of 9" x 12" sheets for maybe $9. It is light tack and can usually be taken off easily with no damage.

#413 2 years ago

Just a warning to not remove your protectors. My playfield chipped and Stern is saying I need to bend back the damaged protector because removing it voids the warranty. Unfortunately I can't drive to do constant service calls when the protector blocks the scoop. Hoping mylar prevents it from getting worse.

IMG_20220208_190134.jpgIMG_20220208_190134.jpg
#414 2 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Just a warning to not remove your protectors. My playfield chipped and Stern is saying I need to bend back the damaged protector because removing it voids the warranty. Unfortunately I can't drive to do constant service calls when the protector blocks the scoop. Hoping mylar prevents it from getting worse.
[quoted image]

This sucks! It’s a shame they didn’t catch this prior. How did they not catch this?

#415 2 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

[quoted image]

What a shame. The games that Stern sent out with those crappy protectors is an absolute disgrace. They should send proper protectors as replacements under warranty to everyone who ordered a pro machine. I am praying that the crappy protectors are not on the limited edition or premium games. Does anybody know if they have corrected this matter with newer produced Le machines?

#416 2 years ago
Quoted from calprog:

What a shame. The games that Stern sent out with those crappy protectors is an absolute disgrace. They should send proper protectors as replacements under warranty to everyone who ordered a pro machine. I am praying that the crappy protectors are not on the limited edition or premium games. Does anybody know if they have corrected this matter with newer produced Le machines?

Not sure how they could've they told me "engineering is working on it." What's really shitty about it is where it's chipped is so thin its almost like it just rubbed away. The art and clear are so thin they're hard to even see.

#417 2 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

[quoted image]

I had a hunch that might happen....

#418 2 years ago

I've played 2 on location so far and both of the scoop protectors were mangled. It's embarrassing that Stern let this crap out the door and it wasn't caught from testing...this is happening within 20 games, surely it would have for them

#419 2 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Not sure how they could've they told me "engineering is working on it." What's really shitty about it is where it's chipped is so thin its almost like it just rubbed away. The art and clear are so thin they're hard to even see.

Are you saying the clearcoat practically doesn't exist?

#420 2 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Are you saying the clearcoat practically doesn't exist?

Yeah - where it chipped away it's smooth like it just rubbed off like there isn't a transition like you'd expect to have a layer of clear and art chipped off. It's more like it's just rubbed away.

#421 2 years ago
Quoted from ghostbc:

I used to use the pre cut sheet of circles, squares and inlanes they are 10$ a sheet or so. Now i just buy "Letter Size Laminating Sheets" from Office Max or any office store, much cheaper and just cut the size and shape you need. 10 pack of 9" x 12" sheets for maybe $9. It is light tack and can usually be taken off easily with no damage.

Seems like a good idea as long as I can remove

Quoted from nicoy3k:

My understanding is if a disro has extra after the operator orders are filled they can sell to customers. I know there are a few others in my area with pros in their homes now.

#422 2 years ago

My Pro is being delivered next week, I asked my distributor about the protector and about getting a new replacement, he’s ordered new units and is going to send me a new one when available. Recommended to bend the tabs back if the ball gets hung up, I guess I could get lucky and my machine is fine but wouldn’t mind a replacement just incase.

#423 2 years ago
Quoted from kool1:

My understanding is if a disro has extra after the operator orders are filled they can sell to customers. I know there are a few others in my area with pros in their homes now.

That's how I got mine.

#424 2 years ago

If anyone around the GTA may be interested in these side blades for their pro/premium, shoot me a PM. We can discuss doing a group order. Cost is around $120CDN. Thanks.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#425 2 years ago
Quoted from calprog:

I am praying that the crappy protectors are not on the limited edition or premium games. Does anybody know if they have corrected this matter with newer produced Le machines?

I was told It is now fixed with a new version starting with the LE Run

#426 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Let’s hope so! The video they posted appeared to show the old protectors. I guess we will find out. For 11K I just don’t want issues out of the box. It’s getting old. They need to do some basic testing prior to boxing!

#427 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Stern told me they haven't found a solution and the engineers are currently working on it. This is directly from Stern tech support.

#428 2 years ago

The Pro at league is doing the same thing and we've been bending it back when it happens. Terrible design. I can't image they didn't figure this one out during testing? Ours lasted about 2 days before it was all screwed up.

#429 2 years ago

So far my favorite thing on my playfield.. Glowing Rush logo on the right ramp.. Just makes me smile every time I see it.

20220209_221652 (resized).jpg20220209_221652 (resized).jpg

#430 2 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Stern told me they haven't found a solution and the engineers are currently working on it. This is directly from Stern tech support.

Well damn…. I may be waiting a little bit longer for my LE then… no worries, would rather have it done right.

#431 2 years ago
Quoted from kool1:

So far my favorite thing on the playfield.. Glowing Rush logo on the right ramp..
[quoted image]

In case you didn’t know, it also serves a purpose. It flashes when Bastille Day is ready to be collected on the ramp, which starts the progressive hurry ups on the RUSH targets.

#432 2 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

In case you didn’t know, it also serves a purpose. It flashes when Bastille Day is ready to be collected on the ramp, which starts the progressive hurry ups on the RUSH targets.

I knew it did something. I'm slowly going through the rule set.. Always a long process for me lol.

#433 2 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

I might just be ignorant but isn’t very similar if not the same as the scoop on Godzilla? Wondering why the scoop on Rush such a pain

#434 2 years ago

I’m no engineer, Cary hardy said something about the beveled edges or something on Rush that make the original protector not sufficient

#435 2 years ago
Quoted from Padrino:

I might just be ignorant but isn’t very similar if not the same as the scoop on Godzilla? Wondering why the scoop on Rush such a pain

May be the location.. Shots going in very hard and direct from short range.

As soon as I fired up the machine and played a couple of games I thought to myself that scoop is taking some massive hits!

#436 2 years ago
Quoted from Padrino:

its not the same scoop

Different mech and different hole size.

Godzilla, mando, etc use a pf cutout with vuk directly attached to playfield. Ball never goes below.

Rush is a hole with a scoop and subway underneath with the eject coil down at the bottom of the scoop mech

This protector was too soft, the hole size, and that the ball has to pass through entirely up and down... is why it’s different

#437 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

I’m no engineer, Cary hardy said something about the beveled edges or something on Rush that make the original protector not sufficient

And cary hadn’t touched one when he made that video… it was armchair guesswork. Debunked before

#438 2 years ago

For the Song Mode, does the first record you collect determine the song mode you collect or is it based on the most collected before you enter the time machine? I seem to always get Tom Sawyer or Working Man for some reason. I think the first song mode will start after two records are collected of the same color. Maybe my game is set to the easiest level so it only takes two records before achieving Song Mode? Thanks for the help.

#439 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

For the Song Mode, does the first record you collect determine the song mode you collect or is it based on the most collected before you enter the time machine? I seem to always get Tom Sawyer or Working Man for some reason. I think the first song mode will start after two records are collected of the same color. Maybe my game is set to the easiest level so it only takes two records before achieving Song Mode? Thanks for the help.

From what Ray said on a stream, the song is selected from the most colors collected. so if i get 2 red shots, or 3 red shots, and that is the most colors locked in, that corresponding mode is selected. If you collect more, those shots are 2x when you start the mode. If only one color is active for every album on the playfield, the left most color selects the mode.

#440 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

determined by which color you have the most of.. in case of tie it is something like left to right.

Song is qualified by hitting enough records (of any color), which song is played is determined by your # of colors. Hit shots more before starting mode to boost values in the mode.

#441 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

And cary hadn’t touched one when he made that video… it was armchair guesswork. Debunked before

My bad. It’s just a theory I saw. I’m sure it will get fixed as soon as they can.

#442 2 years ago
Quoted from McIntyre905:

Alright so very new to pinball and I'm stressed about this damn scoop breaking or getting mangled in mine. when it arrives can I just cut a piece of mylar and put it on top of the scoop to help it maybe not get mangled? How hard would it be for me to remove the scoop before we use it? Or should I just keep it as it until we have the issue happen?

Don’t sweat it! First it’s not the scoop but fear of playfield chipping. You won’t ever need to remove the scoop. Ive had two new machines in the last couple years and never had playfield chipping around the scoop. But some do. Stern choose to provide a protector commonly called a “Cliffy” but don’t call it a cliffy or the Pinside mob will attack you because Cliffy is another brand. You’ve been warned.

These Cliffys can be a pain in the butt because they alter the hole significantly; making it harder to get the ball into the scoop. Then they can alter the ejection path of the ball. I have to imagine that a bit of Mylar placed on the playfield will prevent or minimize chipping with less impact to game play.

#443 2 years ago

Mine arrived this morning. It’s worth the wait! So many great shots and it’s really a great game! Going to be a classic for sure.

60361E27-AEFC-4660-ADAB-AFCF1578667E (resized).jpeg60361E27-AEFC-4660-ADAB-AFCF1578667E (resized).jpegC14AC141-C761-494A-9468-0B7CE07B68F9 (resized).jpegC14AC141-C761-494A-9468-0B7CE07B68F9 (resized).jpegE54349D2-F29A-40B8-B812-5597CFB6C7AE (resized).jpegE54349D2-F29A-40B8-B812-5597CFB6C7AE (resized).jpeg
#444 2 years ago

Scoop info from the always reliable mnpinball.

Quoted from mnpinball:

LE has the upgraded scoop protector, all games going forward also. The early Pros will have to get the retrofit kit from Distributor or Stern. Contact your selling dealer for info. Or submit a warranty claim with your serial number and info etc....

#445 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinplayer1967:

Mine arrived this morning. It’s worth the wait! So many great shots and it’s really a great game! Going to be a classic for sure.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Hey congrats. Glad you like!

More I play mine the more I love it. It will never leave my basement.

#446 2 years ago
Quoted from kool1:

It will never leave my basement.

We will hold you to that.

#447 2 years ago
Quoted from kool1:

Hey congrats. Glad you like!
More I play mine the more I love it. It will never leave my basement.

Definitely a keeper!

#448 2 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

We will hold you to that.

Please do!

#449 2 years ago

Does this video align with the song? I think some of the videos are swapped in some of the song selections all of a sudden. Guitar picking and lip
syncing seems to be off in video. Sorry for the shitty quality. Thoughts?

#450 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Does this video align with the song? I think some of the videos are swapped in some of the song selections all of a sudden. Guitar picking and lip
syncing seems to be off in video. Sorry for the shitty quality. Thoughts?

The tracks are the studio versions and the video is live. There really isn't a way to sync the audio and video sequences in this case.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 35.00
Rubber/Silicone
NinjaCamp Mods
Rubber/Silicone
$ 50.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
NinjaCamp Mods
Other
$ 70.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 35.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 300.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods
Plastics
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball
Pinball Machine
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Rehoboth Beach, DE
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Interactive
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Interactive
NinjaCamp Mods
Interactive
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 8.00
Apparel - Unisex
arcade-cabinets.com
Unisex
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Pyramid Pinball & Arcade
Other
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
NinjaCamp Mods
Protection
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz
Decals
There are 17,847 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 357.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1/page/9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.