IMG_6410 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2562 (resized).jpg
IMG_2578 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2574 (resized).jpeg
20240322_163542 (resized).jpg
20240322_163631 (resized).jpg
20240319_194137 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,884 posts in this topic. You are on page 85 of 358.
#4201 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

If I've ever hung out/smoked out with ya at a show, you know I love it loud. Like, really loud.
I've got a fairly nice 300 watt sub on mine but...it's still not loud enough. I'm not one to sacrifice clarity for volume cause I want both.
I know there's some audiophiles in here so how can I make this louder?
1000 watt sub?
Pinwoofers?
Both?
Plan on getting the Pinwoofers soon, but
I need it LOUD.

BOTH

#4202 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

That one is a newer upgraded version which I’m sure is outstanding. Here is the one I use for my pins - I have 3 of them and I’m very happy with them - they sure went up in price lately - hell I got mine for around $125-$150ish a year or so ago on sale.
Klipsch R-12SW Subwoofer amazon.com link »

Reading up on the reviews of this sub, it looks like the post 2020 ones are having some amp and build quality issues.
The ones prior to 202o have happy customers. Is yours a 2020+ one?

#4203 2 years ago

I can imagine playing to Subdivisions with this sub under the game shaking pictures off the nearby wall:

https://www.amazon.com/Polk-Audio-12-Inch-Powered-Subwoofer/dp/B000092TT0

#4204 2 years ago

I read this Thread Daily, Seldom Chime In. Thanks to everyone for sharing fixes here!
I was Very Frustrated with the inner loop shot not registering.
I installed the Magnetic Reed Switch (MRS-RUSH). That still DId not fix it. I was still getting fast balls not registering. Still had a fail rate of about 40%
Frustrated I did NOT play the game for a couple of weeks.

donjagra was right! "there is no way the magnetic switch will fix the issue"
I took his advice and used the felt pad fix!

IT WORKED!
I had my best game ever!
15 plus Billion!

The felt pad helps keep the ball low to register properly!

I like the concept of the REED switch. But It doesnt solve the issue
Save yourself some money and get some felt pads!

20220329_205826 (resized).jpg20220329_205826 (resized).jpg20220329_205834 (resized).jpg20220329_205834 (resized).jpg
#4205 2 years ago

I ended up not playing ball 3 because I pretty much finished everything in the game that is coded so far!
Here is a few of my Major accomplishments!

I pushed spirit of radio to the limits! (624,139,000)
Scored a Super combo jackpot 627,200,000

Game ended up at 15 Billion and some change!
A lot of this has to do with my inner loop switch now registering!

20220329_223308 (resized).jpg20220329_223308 (resized).jpg20220329_230850 (resized).jpg20220329_230850 (resized).jpg20220329_230909 (resized).jpg20220329_230909 (resized).jpg
#4206 2 years ago

Premium cab looks great in Prismatic Powders Illusion Red! Not quite happy with the T-molding color I bought though, "Bright Red" - going to try again with regular red which is a bit darker and should match the powder coat better.

rush-red.jpgrush-red.jpg
#4207 2 years ago

I Installed the Pinwoofer and Speaker Light kit!
The video Does NOT do the Sound Justice. Its a whole different game with Pinwoofer installed! I am also amazed with the Speaker Light kit with the sound activated controller!
Getting this game ready for sale!
Its a Beauty!

TIP
When setting up the Pinwoofer, go to the Blog section on their website for the recomended settings for RUSH. They have it all figured out!
Sounds AMAZING

#4208 2 years ago
Quoted from DRDAVE:

Reading up on the reviews of this sub, it looks like the post 2020 ones are having some amp and build quality issues.
The ones prior to 202o have happy customers. Is yours a 2020+ one?

I have a 3 of them for my pins and another for my home theater - all purchased throughout 2017-2021 and none of them have had any issues.

#4209 2 years ago
Quoted from Motorcitypinball:

I read this Thread Daily, Seldom Chime In. Thanks to everyone for sharing fixes here!
I installed the Magnetic Reed Switch (MRS-RUSH). That still DId not fix it. I was still getting fast balls not registering. Still had a fail rate of about 40%
IT WORKED!
I had my best game ever!
15 plus Billion!
Save yourself some money and get some felt pads![quoted image][quoted image]

Thank you for this post. I thought I had some felt pads but I can’t find them. Gonna buy some today to see if it does the trick for me before I start swapping out switches and whatnot.

#4210 2 years ago

I Installed the Pinwoofer and Speaker Light kit!
Getting this game ready for sale!

Um...what?

#4211 2 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

Anyone else getting the ball stuck on the ramp here at the top of the flap? The V notch catches a slow ball whether the ramp is up or down and you have to shake it hard enough to tilt to get it off. I have no idea why there's a V there because a straight across cut on that flap wouldn't hit the ramp when it goes up or down. Ball search moving the ramp does nothing to knock it loose.
[quoted image][quoted image]

My balls perch on top of the raised ramp about once every ten games or so. I believe I saw “ramp bias” settings. Has anyone parsed how these settings work? Don’t know if that would help the lower perch, though.

#4212 2 years ago

I’m still trying to get the music balanced. Game flow is good with possibly the worst call outs in pinball history since the original X-men.

#4213 2 years ago

IT WORKED!
I had my best game ever!
15 plus Billion!

So im just reading up on this. I havent noticed this being an issue but then again i dont have a ton of games on my LE since i was waiting for new scoop. So what does the felt pad do? Just slow down the ball?
I had a tmnt le and was incredibly frustrated that the middle loop shot only registered like 50% of the time for me.

#4214 2 years ago

SVS subs will reproduce notes not possible by Klipsch or many other subs.

They go down to below 20hz

You are missing the first octave of music with Klipsch or most other brand subwoofers.

First octave of music you can hear is around 19hz-38hz (do ray me fa so la ti do)

We humans only hear around 8 octaves

JL Audio (Fathom/Gotham subs), SVS, and a few others can hit that first octave.

Klipsch.....no.

https://www.svsound.com/pages/2022-subwoofer-deal

#4215 2 years ago

Eh???

I love the call outs!

#4216 2 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

I’m still trying to get the music balanced. Game flow is good with possibly the worst call outs in pinball history since the original X-men.

Eh???

I love the call outs!

#4217 2 years ago
Quoted from sudsy7:

The Mantis. I'll say one thing - it ain't going anywhere once you bolt her down. Would have liked to see both scoops protected. Leaning toward Ninja.[quoted image]

not to knock Kerry (I've used many of his past products), but I don't understand why this was designed in the manner that it was.

wouldn't it have been easier (and cheaper) to just modify the existing (metallica) protector, adding 2 "ears" where the existing screw holes were rather than design a large plate? (and why does it appear that the protector portion is only welded on one edge?).

something like this?
mantis v2 (resized).jpgmantis v2 (resized).jpg

#4218 2 years ago

In terms of sound, I have head-phone jacks on all my modern pins. I originally did it to give my wife a break on the noise since my pins can be heard in the main area of the house. What I found is the sound is amazing. I actually prefer playing with . It cuts down the ambient ball sound, which I don't mind, but is nice when playing music pins. I have headphones for all pins and subs... Best of both worlds...

#4219 2 years ago

Call outs are great….it’s their style and it fits the game perfectly!

#4220 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Monopoly money makes me cringe. It’s also the inflection like they are just reading lines.

I love the band Rush up until Presto. This callouts make me cringe.

#4221 2 years ago

IT WORKED!
I had my best game ever!
15 plus Billion!

Thanks for this post - very helpful and appreciated.

I think my inner loops are registering but I'm going to try the felt pad and see what happens. Maybe I am missing points.

I ended up not playing ball 3 because I pretty much finished everything in the game that is coded so far!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That's a crazy score, damn! Well done.

#4222 2 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

not to knock Kerry (I've used many of his past products), but I don't understand why this was designed in the manner that it was.
wouldn't it have been easier (and cheaper) to just modify the existing (metallica) protector, adding 2 "ears" where the existing screw holes were rather than design a large plate? (and why does it appear that the protector portion is only welded on one edge?).
something like this?
[quoted image]

Simple: that large plate is standard on the Premium/LE and makes this a direct swap. It also matches the holes on the Pro. if Kerry had just done the ears all the other holes would have had to be replaced with washers to get the height spacing correct for the upper and lower scoop mechanisms.

#4223 2 years ago
Quoted from kool1:

Thanks for this post - very helpful and appreciated.
I think my inner loops are registering but I'm going to try the felt pad and see what happens. Maybe I am missing points.

I think if your hearing: "that's two!" "that's three!" then I would think that your shots are registering.

#4224 2 years ago
Quoted from Lateralus:

Cool, thank you. I can buy one from Pinballlife. Do you still get clunkers to the side of the shooter lane at all? Did you do a combination of realigning the red screws and replacing the spring, etc.? Thanks for the tip.

I tried re-aligning it. You remove the lower wood screws and then loosen the other 3 and move it around. It is somewhat hard to try and get aligned. Once you think you have it aligned, you tighten the 3 silver ones and put the 2 lower wood screws back in. They did not go in very straight. I made it better, but it still is not perfect. Yes, I still get clunking, but the orange spring is stronger so it does not matter as much.

#4225 2 years ago
Quoted from Craiger:

My balls perch on top of the raised ramp about once every ten games or so. I believe I saw “ramp bias” settings. Has anyone parsed how these settings work? Don’t know if that would help the lower perch, though.

I happens to me occasionally, I was told to move the time machine closer but since it was infrequent and looked like a pain, I did nothing and wait for ball search to drop it.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#4226 2 years ago
Quoted from Animal:

I think if your hearing: "that's two!" "that's three!" then I would think that your shots are registering.

That shot also makes a distinctive sound, which I think it makes every time, regardless of modes/combos.

#4227 2 years ago

There are a couple of corny callouts, but on the whole I love them. Alex saying “They’re shaking the game, Geddy” is my favorite.

#4228 2 years ago
Quoted from kool1:

For home use a playfield protector seems like overkill.

Asked and answered. Next.

#4229 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

So im just reading up on this. I havent noticed this being an issue but then again i dont have a ton of games on my LE since i was waiting for new scoop. So what does the felt pad do? Just slow down the ball?
I had a tmnt le and was incredibly frustrated that the middle loop shot only registered like 50% of the time for me.

The felt pad pushes the ball down and keeps it from going airborne!
I was amazed it actually does NOT slow it down.
TIP
I did cut my felt strip in half. If too long, it will not stick as good and was coming off. I found shortening it, made it perfect!

#4230 2 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Monopoly money makes me cringe. It’s also the inflection like they are just reading lines.
I love the band Rush up until Presto. This callouts make me cringe.

Have you seen the video for The Big Money? It's a monopoly board.

#4231 2 years ago

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

You sir, are an amazing pinball player! I thought breaking 1 billion was good.

#4232 2 years ago

TIP
I did cut my felt strip in half. If too long, it will not stick as good and was coming off. I found shortening it, made it perfect!

What was the length, width, and thickness of the felt that you used?

#4233 2 years ago

Been on vacation, about to download .91 code now. Does it reset the high scores? If not, do the changes warrant resetting the high scores anyway? Seems like starting multiballs with 2 instead of 3 could be a factor that would inherently reduce scores, so that seems like it'd invalidate the prior games...

#4234 2 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Does it reset the high scores? If not, do the changes warrant resetting the high scores anyway?

from 0.90 to 0.91 does not reset high scores. My scores have appeared to be lower since updating to 0.91. Not sure if it's the update or me trying to concentrate on particular shots more.

#4235 2 years ago

TIP

Thanks. Ill try to take
More notice and see if its an issue for me

#4236 2 years ago
Quoted from Animal:I think if your hearing: "that's two!" "that's three!" then I would think that your shots are registering.

You are correct - I'm probably ok

#4237 2 years ago

Absolutely
Definitely have to set the Humor to High!

Love it.

Quoted from John-Floyd:

#4238 2 years ago

I ended up using the Pinsound adapter and unplugging the factory speakers. Then ran my output to my home receiver,amp. I have sub volume and tone adjustments right there. The receiver runs 2 satellite speakers up high, and the sub under the Machine. I figured out to crank the machine's volume, and adjust volume at the amp. A lot less noise.

#4239 2 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

I love the band Rush up until Presto. This callouts make me cringe

I used to think like that as well. But, I ventured out of my Rush comfort zone and discovered some real gems. The song, Ceiling Unlimited, from Vapor Trails is really good and to be honeset I consider Clockwork Angels to be one of the band's top three albums.

#4240 2 years ago
Quoted from cataylox:

from 0.90 to 0.91 does not reset high scores. My scores have appeared to be lower since updating to 0.91. Not sure if it's the update or me trying to concentrate on particular shots more.

Yeah, I'll probably reset them then. Anything that makes the game more challenging makes prior scores invalid, IMO. (When made easier, existing scores stand.)

The kids will be happy since they'll have a few days to achieve some game/mode high scores before I come in and take them all.

#4241 2 years ago
Quoted from Animal:

That is true. Thats why I knew mine was not registering!
I discovered something new since the felt pad also!
As you know, the inner loop shot advances 100,000 for each consecutive loop before timing out.
I have gotten to 600k or 700k before.
with the felt pad I was able to get to 1 Million.
Consecutive shots before timeout will advance 1 Million each before time out.
So it turns into a Million Plus shot Until timeout!
I was able to get to 3 Million before missing!

#4242 2 years ago

I have another Rush LE that I sent out for Copper penny Powder coat. I am keeping that one and selling this one!

#4243 2 years ago

I have another Rush LE that I sent out for Copper penny Powder coat. I am keeping that one and selling this one!

Nice recovery, lol

#4244 2 years ago

IT WORKED!
I had my best game ever!
15 plus Billion!

Interesting - this is the only feedback we've received that the MRS didn't help in Rush....it certainly has in similar shots like R&M, AMFr, and many others - but it is possible the Rush shot is getting quite a bit of air - the felt pad would eliminate that happening...the MRS is set for 7mm detection - we can certainly go to 8mm (the detection field isn't linear - so 1mm is a big change)....speed does not effect the MRS registration - only distance...so looking at the install - which looks correct, and knowing speed is of no effect - it would have to be a distance thing...I'd love to see a high speed video of that ball going through that shot...

Matt
M&M Creations

#4245 2 years ago

We will need pics asap!!!

#4246 2 years ago
Quoted from Sonic:

Interesting - this is the only feedback we've received that the MRS didn't help in Rush....it certainly has in similar shots like R&M, AMFr, and many others - but it is possible the Rush shot is getting quite a bit of air - the felt pad would eliminate that happening...the MRS is set for 7mm detection - we can certainly go to 8mm (the detection field isn't linear - so 1mm is a big change)....speed does not effect the MRS registration - only distance...so looking at the install - which looks correct, and knowing speed is of no effect - it would have to be a distance thing...I'd love to see a high speed video of that ball going through that shot...
Matt
M&M Creations

Like I said, I like your concept. But I feel you are correct. The Ball Is getting TOO much AIR. Once you start ripping that shot and are dialed in you get a lot of momentum with the ball whipping around. With that being said. I did leave the MRS switch on as I was not going to remove it, if it along with the felt pad was working.
So on my machine the MRS switch and the felt pad is what I am currently running with great success!

#4247 2 years ago
Quoted from Sonic:

Matt
M&M Creations

From what I was seeing on my game, the ball was getting air and bouncing over the switch. It would take an extremely sensitive reed switch to register the bounce 100% of the time. It also seems that not every game is having the issue, so it could be the steepness and flipper strength being factors.

#4248 2 years ago
Quoted from donjagra:

From what I was seeing on my game, the ball was getting air and bouncing over the switch. It would take an extremely sensitive reed switch to register the bounce 100% of the time. It also seems that not every game is having the issue, so it could be the steepness and flipper strength being a factor.

Right...our MRS' can be made more sensitive - we start conservative - as is always best practice - the original testers got 6mm - but we upped that to 7mm....which again, magnetic fields are not linear - they are kind of egg shaped ...so you up the detection to 8mm and it expands the sensing field quite a bit - I'll do 8mm going forward...it doesn't hurt to do it....R&M (our MRS' are in 500+ pins) as an example are 6mm.....

Matt
M&M Creations

#4249 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

We will need pics asap!!!

"Oh what tangled webs we weave....."

#4250 2 years ago

Here are the Pics. Notice the Copper powder coated wireforms!

20220330_113640 (resized).jpg20220330_113640 (resized).jpg20220330_113751 (resized).jpg20220330_113751 (resized).jpg20220330_113628 (resized).jpg20220330_113628 (resized).jpg20220330_113651 (resized).jpg20220330_113651 (resized).jpg20220330_113657 (resized).jpg20220330_113657 (resized).jpg20220330_113704 (resized).jpg20220330_113704 (resized).jpg20220330_113731 (resized).jpg20220330_113731 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 27.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
6,799 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sellersburg, IN
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Gameroom Mods

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 17,884 posts in this topic. You are on page 85 of 358.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1/page/85?hl=motorcitypinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.