IMG_3100 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240411_225620072.MP (resized).jpg
20240410_181338 (resized).jpg
IMG_1438 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240407_184826850.MP.jpg
IMG_5558 (resized).jpeg
PNG image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,892 posts in this topic. You are on page 82 of 358.
#4051 2 years ago

After about 225 plays I noticed one of the Blue Time machine ramp bumpers is about to fail. I’m sure it’s normal wear accelerated by my constant bricking.

2DB8D26D-8E39-4870-A69C-E5288F6D3745 (resized).png2DB8D26D-8E39-4870-A69C-E5288F6D3745 (resized).pngF3CD5732-57A0-4E14-B302-A4539307F58C (resized).jpegF3CD5732-57A0-4E14-B302-A4539307F58C (resized).jpeg
#4052 2 years ago
Quoted from jpc211245:

After about 225 plays I noticed one of the Blue Time machine ramp bumpers is about to fail. I’m sure it’s normal wear accelerated by my constant bricking. [quoted image][quoted image]

They should’ve had post there

#4053 2 years ago
Quoted from J-drum11:

They should’ve had post there

Nah, that would have made both of those shots harder. It’s fine as it is. Hopefully the pads will be easy to replace.

#4054 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Nah, that would have made both of those shots harder. It’s fine as it is. Hopefully the pads will be easy to replace.

Why would posts make it harder? The pro has them.

#4055 2 years ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

Why would posts make it harder? The pro has them.

[EDITED] I’ve heard people say that the ramp shot is tighter on the Pro, but they look about the same comparing the pics here:

08AE98F6-763A-4A6E-8D3E-10FE5250E5E3 (resized).jpeg08AE98F6-763A-4A6E-8D3E-10FE5250E5E3 (resized).jpegB48639A6-C049-4914-8332-41DA8BA0A796 (resized).jpegB48639A6-C049-4914-8332-41DA8BA0A796 (resized).jpeg
#4056 2 years ago

Tighter would not be bad, but no way I'm drilling holes to put in posts

#4057 2 years ago

Pro ramp shoot is very easy, not sure a millimeter or two makes any difference.

I wondered about the BNOD for the ramp, they are very narrow not like the regular ones. Are they used on any other games?

#4058 2 years ago
Quoted from RexPins:

Has anyone had success calming the inner loop shot? The ball exits the loop somewhat violently and is rattling so much when it feeds to the upper flipper. I've also had shots get air and end up going back into the shooter lane. I've reduced the upper flipper power and am testing a cover on the entry part of the loop where the hairpin turn is...but I'm not getting smooth exits from that loop. Interested in what others have done.

Small strip of furniture felt. Invisible from the players perspective, registers evey time. Feeds perfectly.

IMG_20220328_093638289.jpgIMG_20220328_093638289.jpg

#4059 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

[EDITED] I’ve heard people say that the ramp shot is tighter on the Pro, but they look about the same comparing the pics here:[quoted image][quoted image]

Pro ramp posts definitely more durable than on the Premium/LE

#4060 2 years ago
Quoted from kool1:

Pro ramp posts definitely more durable than on the Premium/LE

Pros are more durable for locations in general, less things to go wrong.

#4061 2 years ago

Has anyone figured out the top of the shooter lane thing?
Is it the silver ramp that’s causing it not to run around smooth sometimes?
I make adjustments with the legs and level things out but I’m still not getting every ball to shoot perfectly around without banging something on the way up

#4062 2 years ago
Quoted from J-drum11:

Has anyone figured out the top of the shooter lane thing?
Is it the silver ramp that’s causing it not to run around smooth sometimes?
I make adjustments with the legs and level things out but I’m still not getting every ball to shoot perfectly around without banging something on the way up

I'm running into issues with this as well. Whether I hand plunge or use the auto plunger, it's just not a smooth transition up the lane into the corner. I did adjust my shooter rod to center it in the groove, but that hasn't made a difference. Not sure whats causing the "bobble".

#4063 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Yep I called stern with the part number and they got right back to me and are sending them out.

#4064 2 years ago

The pro time machine shot is definitely harder than the premium. Less of a random return feed though

Quoted from Black_Knight:

Pro ramp shoot is very easy, not sure a millimeter or two makes any difference.
I wondered about the BNOD for the ramp, they are very narrow not like the regular ones. Are they used on any other games?

Many games use the thinner ones, yeah. Check out Spiderman

#4065 2 years ago
Quoted from donjagra:

Small strip of furniture felt. Invisible from the players perspective, registers evey time. Feeds perfectly.
[quoted image]

Genius!

#4066 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Pros are more durable for locations in general, less things to go wrong.

Hmmm.... 1200 plays on location and it already needed a marker treatment.

IMG_20220328_111140414.jpgIMG_20220328_111140414.jpg

#4067 2 years ago
Quoted from donjagra:

[quoted image]

Apologies in advance for the dumb question - but what exactly is furniture felt ( I’ve only seen felt pads for the legs) and Is it just a self adhesive folded over? Mine only register’s 20% of the shots so this is next on my list to tackle. Either going this route or I’m buying a new magnetic switch. Thanks!

#4068 2 years ago

Mantis scoop protector now available:

https://mantispinball.com/product/rush-scoop-protector/

#4069 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Apologies in advance for the dumb question - but how exactly did you attach this? Is it just a self adhesive folder over? Mine only register’s 20% of the shots so this is next on my list to tackle. Either going this route or I’m buying a new magnetic switch. Thanks!

IMHO, there is no way the magnetic switch will fix the issue. They didn't work well on NGG and Williams abandoned them in subsequent games. Any dead drop foam will work, it just needs to stop the upward motion of the ball. I bought this package 15 years ago, I have used them in tons of games with good success.

IMG_20220328_112138481.jpgIMG_20220328_112138481.jpg
#4070 2 years ago
Quoted from donjagra:

IMHO, there is no way the magnetic switch will fix the issue. They didn't work well on NGG and Williams abandoned them in subsequent games. Any dead drop foam will work, it just needs to stop the upward motion of the ball. I bought this package 15 years ago, I have used them in tons of games with good success.
[quoted image]

Are modern ones comparable to stuff from the 90s though? Seems like everyone who has one is reporting improvements

#4071 2 years ago

Other members swear by the M&M magnetic switch and says it works 100%…. I Think I have felt pads at home, but wouldn’t the thickness impede the ball? Def Worth a shot as the current switch sucks.

#4072 2 years ago

Noticing some wear here under the time machine. Any ideas how to fix it

PXL_20220328_173617762 (resized).jpgPXL_20220328_173617762 (resized).jpg
#4073 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Other members swear by the M&M magnetic switch and says it works 100%…. I Think I have felt pads at home, but wouldn’t the thickness impede the ball? Def Worth a shot as the current switch sucks.

I cut mine to size with scissors and it is only on the top portion of the rail.

Do us all a favor, throw a pad on there tonight and report back.

#4074 2 years ago
Quoted from donjagra:

[quoted image]

Oh I see now, the ball doesn’t touch the felt when it’s rolling normally, only when it’s off the playfield. Very clever fix.

#4075 2 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Are modern ones comparable to stuff from the 90s though? Seems like everyone who has one is reporting improvements

They would have to be. The magnetic reed swithes in NGG are the worst. NGG has the most felt of any of my games to make those POS switches even bearable.

#4076 2 years ago
Quoted from donjagra:

I cut mine to size with scissors and it is only on the top portion of the rail.
Do us all a favor, throw a pad on there tonight and report back.

Will do

#4078 2 years ago

Anyone having switch rejection from the right loop? The switch does not depress and the ball come back at you versus going around the orbit. This happens to me on some flipper hits and auto-launching from the shooter. Worked with Stern and replaced the switch, but same issue.

#4079 2 years ago

yes Definitely need Photos of this item

#4080 2 years ago

Haha my mistake - at first I thought he pull the felt on the switch itself. Clearly he has it on the upper portion of the rail. My bad.

#4081 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:Haha my mistake - at first I thought he pull the felt on the switch itself. Clearly he has it on the upper portion of the rail. My bad.

Hahahaha. Here is a little better ball perspective shot.

IMG_20220328_120033676.jpgIMG_20220328_120033676.jpg

#4082 2 years ago
Quoted from donjagra:

Hmmm.... 1200 plays on location and it already needed a marker treatment.
[quoted image]

Is it my eyes or is the scoop bent also ?

Screenshot 2022-03-28 at 19.10.57 (resized).pngScreenshot 2022-03-28 at 19.10.57 (resized).png
#4083 2 years ago

Front scoop? Upper scoop? Both scoops?

#4084 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

[EDITED] I’ve heard people say that the ramp shot is tighter on the Pro, but they look about the same comparing the pics here:[quoted image][quoted image]

It's definitely feels tighter on a Pro. Also, just look at the "TIME MACHINE" insert for reference. The blue bumpers line up almost exactly with the left and right edge. The posts on the pro are inside the left and right of that insert below.

#4085 2 years ago
Quoted from McIntyre905:

[quoted image]

You mean the stainless steel plate? Take it out and polish it on a buffing wheel. It'll look better than new. I wouldn't worry about it myself.

#4086 2 years ago
Quoted from epeabs:

I'm running into issues with this as well. Whether I hand plunge or use the auto plunger, it's just not a smooth transition up the lane into the corner. I did adjust my shooter rod to center it in the groove, but that hasn't made a difference. Not sure whats causing the "bobble".

The ball on mine tends to hit the post on the left side when plunging by hand for the skill shot. I used to be able to try several times but now the skill shot shuts off after the first try. I would have thought there would have been at least a one way gate there to let the ball ride up against during the plunge but still let the ball in the shooter lane from under the flipper from the playfield. I may play around with a few things and see what I can do for adjustmants.

#4087 2 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

The ball on mine tends to hit the post on the left side when plunging by hand for the skill shot. I used to be able to try several times but now the skill shot shuts off after the first try.

That switch halfway up the shooter lane is literally called the skill shot switch. Trigger that and no more tries. The new code pays attention when that's triggered and doesn't let you try again. The old code did not care.

#4088 2 years ago
Quoted from McIntyre905:

[quoted image]

mr-chow.gifmr-chow.gif

What are you looking at?

The wear on the stainless where the ball hits? That's normal and will always be there unless you clean/regrain.. after which it will return again. Metal wears.

#4089 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

[quoted image]
What are you looking at?
The wear on the stainless where the ball hits? That's normal and will always be there unless you clean/regrain.. after which it will return again. Metal wears.

If you don't regrain it will look great longer. If it bothers him, he can mirror polish it and it will hold up much better.

#4090 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

That switch halfway up the shooter lane is literally called the skill shot switch. Trigger that and no more tries. The new code pays attention when that's triggered and doesn't let you try again. The old code did not care.

Yeah I know. I used to be able to do multiple tries to get the perfect shot but now if it rattles, no more skill shot. That's why I need to figure something out as far as an adjustment goes with the manual plunger.

#4091 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You mean the stainless steel plate? Take it out and polish it on a buffing wheel. It'll look better than new. I wouldn't worry about it myself.

Not entirely sure, but I think he's is referring to the bottom side of the time machine possibly rubbing on the plate.

Is it possible that plate could be installed the wrong way ? ( can it go on the wrong way ? )

Screenshot 2022-03-28 at 19.24.54 (resized).pngScreenshot 2022-03-28 at 19.24.54 (resized).png
#4092 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If you don't regrain it will look great longer. If it bothers him, he can mirror polish it and it will hold up much better.

And still get a wear line... polished just takes longer to see because the wear marks will not have the contrast to the rest of the surface unless reflecting something bright/light colored.

#4093 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

And still get a wear line... polished just takes longer to see because the wear marks will not have the contrast to the rest of the surface unless reflecting something bright/light colored.

And there's not tiny little weaker valleys in the metal for the ball to compress. I've mirror polished hundreds of lane guides on B/W games and never had ball trails show up that couldn't be wiped off. You have to play a LOT longer to make a grove in them. They look much better, too. No idea why making ball guides look like cheap metal again is important when mirror looks better and lasts longer before needing maintenance.

#4094 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It's definitely feels tighter on a Pro. Also, just look at the "TIME MACHINE" insert for reference. The blue bumpers line up almost exactly with the left and right edge. The posts on the pro are inside the left and right of that insert below.

Yeah, I’m a fan of lining ramps with blue nubs, like on LZ. I wish they’s done that for the right ramp on Aerosmith, the posts definitely make it a tighter shot.

#4095 2 years ago
Quoted from ian866:

Is it my eyes or is the scoop bent also ?
[quoted image]

It's not supposed to be like that?

I have to admit that I really enjoy this game. I put almost 300 plays on it this week. I have also decided that I don't give a crap if it gets banged up. It's pinball, every machine has issues.

I wish the scoop didn't take so much abuse, but it does. At some point, someone will make a protector that can hold up. The one Stern sent us only lasted a few days on route.

#4096 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

The MRS (Magnetic Read Switches) work exceptionally. I replaced a similar shot in my Rick and Morty and now it registers 100% of the time.

#4097 2 years ago

The lack of play testing is evident in this game! WTH. To much Rushing! Haha

#4098 2 years ago
Quoted from calprog:

The lack of play testing is evident in this game! WTH. To much Rushing! Haha

Well, I have played the crap out of it and rush to play one more time! I can't wait for the code to mature. I am still on .90 but I might wait to update because I'm sure there will be a few more revisions.

#4099 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

No looks like the bottom of the time machine plastic is getting hit

#4100 2 years ago
Quoted from donjagra:

Well, I have played the crap out of it and rush to play one more time! I can't wait for the code to mature. I am still on .90 but I might wait to update because I'm sure there will be a few more revisions.

The code is already pretty deep and wide. It’ll take me a year to get to Cygnus, so it’s okay if that’s delayed a while.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 229.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 27.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

10,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tatamy, PA
$ 210.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.00
$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 17.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Led
Gameroom Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 17,892 posts in this topic. You are on page 82 of 358.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1/page/82?hl=aniraf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.