Node 10 cable to ramp stepper 4 pin (resized).jpg
20220810_175940 (resized).jpg
20220810_175915 (resized).jpg
IMG_1250 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
ticket (resized).jpg
ticket close (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

22 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8,893 posts in this topic. You are on page 81 of 178.
#4001 4 months ago

Yeah it's only 10gb. I'm completely computer illiterate but I've done this before.
I got it unpacked but it's saying the file is empty...
Downloading code again. Frustrating but at least Miami is hanging in there lol.
THANK YOU for your responses.
I guess I'll go buy a new 16gb USB

#4002 4 months ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Yeah it's only 10gb. I'm completely computer illiterate but I've done this before.
I got it unpacked but it's saying the file is empty...
Downloading code again. Frustrating but at least Miami is hanging in there lol.
THANK YOU for your responses.
I guess I'll go buy a new 16gb USB

No need - extract the zip file on your computer drive first.. then copy the resulting files to the USB

#4003 4 months ago

Flynnibus just saw your post. Trying this...
THANK YOU!

#4004 4 months ago

Oh yeah, first time doing an update in a long while. Yup yup, they split the files into 2GB to fit the fat32 format.

Also, Gryszzz. Took another look at your screenshot. Its an SPK file, which is the update file, but the files out of the zip file you download should come out split. See screenshot. is has the extra .000 through .005 in order to have the whole thing be compatible with the flash drives. If yours doesnt have that and its a single spk file at 10gb, curious where you grabbed that file? The download from stern website comes in as .zip, not .spk, which unpacks into the 6 smaller files

Screen Shot 2022-03-27 at 2.12.23 PM (resized).png

#4005 4 months ago

I didn't really understand that Chinese algebra you were explaining but I did get "extract zip file" outta all of it. So I Googled that and opened file with Windiws Explorer and dropped it in F drive.
Seems to be working which tells me that the shifty fuckin "Crafty File Viewer " is my hang up.
Not sure of that but it's always been problematic for me.
Anyhow thank you Flynn, appreciate it buddy.

#4006 4 months ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

I didn't really understand that Chinese algebra you were explaining but I did get "extract zip file" outta all of it. So I Googled that and opened file with Windiws Explorer and dropped it in F drive.
Seems to be working which tells me that the shifty fuckin "Crafty File Viewer " is my hang up.
Not sure of that but it's always been problematic for me.
Anyhow thank you Flynn, appreciate it buddy.

Oh! would be interesting if your "Crafty File Viewer" combined all the files into one large file instead of keeping it split as it should be

#4007 4 months ago

Hey THANK YOU Sleal!
I think it's working, but does that I mean I need to drag all the files to usb?
Sorry for the shitty pic,

20220327_151820 (resized).jpg
#4008 4 months ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Hey THANK YOU Sleal!
[quoted image]

Yup! all of them. and make sure to copy the individual files directly and not the folder thats holding them.

#4009 4 months ago

THANK YOU GUYS!!!

#4010 4 months ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Hey THANK YOU Sleal!
[quoted image]

Will say this though, not sure why its different on your computer than mine, but you're missing .001. think one got renamed to the one without the number in the end. Might cause an issue.

#4011 4 months ago

Because 001 just got moved to usb (I think)
I have 5 total, moving them all.
I also have a 000. Move that one too?

#4012 4 months ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Because 001 just got moved to usb (I think)
I have 5 total, moving them all.
I also have a 000. Move that one too?

oh! ok that makes sense then. yeah move all of them. 000-005, you should have 6 total

#4013 4 months ago

Here's what I have

20220327_152731 (resized).jpg
#4014 4 months ago

Man THANKS again Austin and Flynn. I hate computers but this is obviously imperative to know. Beers on me!
Austin is my favorite city in the US. Love love love it

#4015 4 months ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Man THANKS again Austin and Flynn. I hate computers but this is obviously imperative to know. Beers on me!
Austin is my favorite city in the US. Love love love it

Fun place! but yeah, from the photo you provided it looks to be the full contents of the downloaded zip file. Dragging all of them over to the USB drive SHOULD be all you need. I'm going to assume that the .001 that I cant see there is just the way "File Explorer" displays it.

#4016 4 months ago
Quoted from manadams:

Got my NinjaCamp protector installed and after three games here are my thoughts:
*Color was a bit darker than I expected in person but still prefer it over black.
*It still bunches up in-between scoops a tad and I followed instructions to not over tighten posts, no big deal but maybe make the material a little thicker in that area going forward.
*The front scoop is a little harder to hit with it installed, this game probably needs it anyway just because it's a long player in nature.
*Great protection so far and will see how it holds up putting more games on it
Thanks to NinjaCamp for giving Rush owners options because Stern has not offered a permanent solution as of yet in my mind.
[quoted image]

Thank you for the feedback!! I would love to know where you see it bunching up. I haven’t had that experience, but every game is different.

#4017 4 months ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Thank you for the feedback!! I would love to know where you see it bunching up. I haven’t had that experience, but every game is different.

A small plastic disc between the post and the TPU might prevent that bunching as the post is tightened. The post will turn, but the disc can act as a "buffer" between the post and the TPU that doesn't transfer the torque, just the pressure. Worth trying.

#4018 4 months ago
Quoted from usafstars:

Mine came today too. Put it on and have 6 games on it. Love how flexible it is, balls roll over it so smoothly. I’m definitely getting the ball in the center scoop way better, a lot less bounce out. So far it has a lot of promise…time will tell

I felt the same, but I couldn’t tell if I was just more focused on it or if it was literally better. I absolutely did not want to advertise that it “plays better” because that is really subjective.

#4019 4 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

A small plastic disc between the post and the TPU might prevent that bunching as the post is tightened. The post will turn, but the disc can act as a "buffer" between the post and the TPU that doesn't transfer the torque, just the pressure. Worth trying.

Yeah, I was thinking the same. Also I could kind of build a “washer” into the model and just get some additional stability there. I didn’t have any issue on the ones I was testing, but every game probably has minor differences in the position of the playfield parts.

#4020 4 months ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Yeah, I was thinking the same. Also I could kind of build a “washer” into the model and just get some additional stability there. I didn’t have any issue on the ones I was testing, but every game probably has minor differences in the position of the playfield parts.

If mine shows tmrw, I have some 3/4 acrylic washers, I'll put one in to try

#4021 4 months ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Between the upper scoop and the right post of the front scoop.

#4022 4 months ago

Anyone has this happen?
And/or have a solution.

When I hit a hard Clean shot around the left orbit though the bumpers, the ball sometimes gets stuck at the 12oclock position on the PF around the orbit, raised UP and Stuck Between the orbit plastics.
Can’t shake loose.
Having to remove glass and physically push the ball down/loose

I’m hesitant to try and “nudge” the orbit or plastics “wider”

Anyone else seen this happen on Rush
Or perhaps another pin?
Solutions ?

#4023 4 months ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

oh! ok that makes sense then. yeah move all of them. 000-005, you should have 6 total

Look at the image again. By default, Windows hides "known" file extensions, and for whatever reason, his Windows recognizes 001 as a "known" extension. If you look at the second column, Type, you'll see that the first file is a '001' file. For example, if there was a file in that directory called Example.exe, all you would see is "Example" and the Type column would say "Application".

Make sense?

#4024 4 months ago
Quoted from benime:

Look at the image again. By default, Windows hides "known" file extensions, and for whatever reason, his Windows recognizes 001 as a "known" extension. If you look at the second column, Type, you'll see that the first file is a '001' file. For example, if there was a file in that directory called Example.exe, all you would see is "Example" and the Type column would say "Application".
Make sense?

Thats right. I missed that part. Been about a decade since I used windows and forgot about some of the extension views. Thanks!

#4025 4 months ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

Anyone has this happen?
And/or have a solution.
When I hit a hard Clean shot around the left orbit though the bumpers, the ball sometimes gets stuck at the 12oclock position on the PF around the orbit, raised UP and Stuck Between the orbit plastics.
Can’t shake loose.
Or perhaps another pin?
Solutions ?

My very first game on my premium did this. Thought it was a bad sign given what was already being discussed with the scoop. I took the glass off and pushed the ball down like you said. If you look at the lower side of the orbit you’ll see there are two separate metal rails. On my machine those two rails are not aligned where they go into the wood. Seems the ball was traveling along one then hit the other and popped up where it wedged between the plastics. Didn’t see any good way to fix it other than to try bending the rails so that they were better aligned, but I didn’t want to start disassembling the game having just got it. So I’ve played it a couple hundred times since then, and it has never happened again. Hoping it was some weird cosmic radiation that never happens again

#4026 4 months ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

Thats right. I missed that part. Been about a decade since I used windows and forgot about some of the extension views. Thanks!

I'm still on Windows 7 lol. I only use this computer as my music library. Impossible to find a laptop that still has a cd drive. Got this at a pawn shop specifically for music.
But thanks again for all your help bub.

#4027 4 months ago

Haven't updated code yet (fingers crossed) cause basketball, but I did finally hook up my sub...
HOLY FUCKIN SCHNIKIES
Literally night and day difference. Great day for the wife to go drink with her friends..bye lol
TURN IT UP!!!

#4028 4 months ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

I'm still on Windows 7 lol. I only use this computer as my music library. Impossible to find a laptop that still has a cd drive. Got this at a pawn shop specifically for music.
But thanks again for all your help bub.

I have 4 Dell m1730 laptops that are running windows 7. I run my MasterCam software from them. MasterCam cost me $30k+ back in 2005. I got tired of paying over $2k maintenance every year....so I'm stuck running version X3. It does everything I need and then some. I bought the 3 additional M1730 laptops as back-ups. Even though they're considered "dinosaurs"...they are kick @ss laptops. I cloned my original hard drives....now, if something goes wrong, I can just grab another laptop and keep going.

#4029 4 months ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Haven't updated code yet (fingers crossed) cause basketball, but I did finally hook up my sub...
HOLY FUCKIN SCHNIKIES
Literally night and day difference. Great day for the wife to go drink with her friends..bye lol
TURN IT THE FUCK UP!!!

Did you go with the pinwoofer KO upgrade kit?

#4030 4 months ago
Quoted from manadams:

Between the upper scoop and the right post of the front scoop.

Same thing happened to me too. I just loosened all posts, held the piece down from underneath and tightened each by going back and forth like doing lug nuts on a car, tightening each one more and more until I got them nice and tight. That got everything nice and flat for me. Having a washer on top of each one would have eliminated the bunching as others have suggested.

#4031 4 months ago

Wow
Same here. Happened 4th game
Then maybe 30th or so
Have played another 30 since and nothing yet.

Thanks for replying. I’ll take a look at the rails, see if same issue on mine.
And like you, I’ll leave it be for now. Hoping never happens again

Quoted from JeepSnob:

My very first game on my premium did this. Thought it was a bad sign given what was already being discussed with the scoop. I took the glass off and pushed the ball down like you said. If you look at the lower side of the orbit you’ll see there are two separate metal rails. On my machine those two rails are not aligned where they go into the wood. Seems the ball was traveling along one then hit the other and popped up where it wedged between the plastics. Didn’t see any good way to fix it other than to try bending the rails so that they were better aligned, but I didn’t want to start disassembling the game having just got it. So I’ve played it a couple hundred times since then, and it has never happened again. Hoping it was some weird cosmic radiation that never happens again

#4032 4 months ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Here's what I have [quoted image]

Just unzip the file to the USB. Then you don't have to copy the files to it. Much easier.

#4033 4 months ago

Burning an SD card image with Etcher is so much easier than dealing with all that .SPK crap. It does wipe out scores and settings, but at this point it doesn’t matter that much.

#4034 4 months ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Did you go with the pinwoofer KO upgrade kit?

Just can't afford right now. Soon though! Gotta sell Breakshit first.
Right now running an Orb Audio Uber Ten 300 watt sub. It came with the house in 2013 lol.
Sounds INCREDIBLE

#4035 4 months ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Just can't afford right now. Soon though! Gotta sell Breakshit first.
Right now running an Orb Audio Uber Ten 300 watt sub. It came with the house in 2013 lol.
Sounds INCREDIBLE

My pinwoofer kit arrived a couple days ago. Wish I could provide an opinion, but I'm still waiting for my premium to arrive.

#4036 4 months ago

I honestly don't think I've read a bad review on Pinwoofer. Unanimous love so far. Which tells me I gotta get one, or four lol.
Congrats Tim! I'm sure you're gonna love the pin and the upgraded sound. Anxious for you to get yours so I can stop by to hear it. Any date from your distro yet?

#4037 4 months ago

C'MON PEACOCKS!

#4038 4 months ago

Man, they are gettin spanked, would of loved to see them and duke,,,, now that the zags are gone .

#4039 4 months ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

I honestly don't think I've read a bad review on Pinwoofer. Unanimous love so far. Which tells me I gotta get one, or four lol.
Congrats Tim! I'm sure you're gonna love the pin and the upgraded sound. Anxious for you to get yours so I can stop by to hear it. Any date from your distro yet?

No word on delivery yet....

As for upgraded sound, I've updated a lot of my pins w/ Flipper Fidelity. That improved the sound on those pins. This is my 1st complete sound upgrade kit. I hear nothing but good about pinwoofer...that's why I decided to make the purchase.

#4040 4 months ago

Anyone having issues with the one way gate below the right ramp? My shots get sent back down about 50% of the time now.

#4041 4 months ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

Anyone has this happen?
And/or have a solution.
Can’t shake loose.
Or perhaps another pin?
Solutions ?

I just had this happen today for the first time. I have no idea how it even got there, but there it was. Also had to slide glass out far enough to dislodge the ball...very odd.

#4042 4 months ago
Quoted from Kez11:

I just had this happen today for the first time. I have no idea how it even got there, but there it was. Also had to slide glass out far enough to dislodge the ball...very odd.

I've had a ball stuck on the left side of the right ramp by the hex standoff support, and also between the corner plastic and the clear plastic trim at the triangular corner piece at the end of the playfield where the ball curves when shot. Ball went airborne and jammed itself between the plastic and the clear plastic above. Not a lot of stuck balls, but when they happen, they're weird ones...

#4043 4 months ago

Anybody else just watch Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla on Comet? Great background movies on today...
Rush still at 11.

#4044 4 months ago

I played rush pro at tpf and am strongly considering an LE. what's the experience been with the LE scoop. has anyone installed the second party scoop protectors? The premium and pros at the show had the blue material fix which limits the scoop shot and I saw some with the whole scoop apparatus rotating several degrees with shots to the lower scoop. I'm a fan of rush and liked the flow of this game. Thanks in advance.

#4045 4 months ago
FB_IMG_1648439073945 (resized).jpg
#4046 4 months ago

Playing pinball to La Villa Strangiato is the
GREATEST SHIT EVER
TURN IT UP

#4047 4 months ago
Quoted from Rjbdmdmd:

I played rush pro at tpf and am strongly considering an LE. what's the experience been with the LE scoop. has anyone installed the second party scoop protectors? The premium and pros at the show had the blue material fix which limits the scoop shot and I saw some with the whole scoop apparatus rotating several degrees with shots to the lower scoop. I'm a fan of rush and liked the flow of this game. Thanks in advance.

I have the LE with the 2nd gen. scoop protector. I'm under 100 games, and the protector is slightly lifted at the corners, both upper and lower. Not enough to keep me from playing the game, though. I'm waiting on Stern's final fix, and also waiting for feedback from the aftermarket protectors before I decide how I'm going to tackle the issue. I don't regret the purchase in the slightest. If you can get your hands on an LE and can afford it, I would highly recommend you go for it.

#4048 4 months ago
Quoted from Rjbdmdmd:

This is the only second party scoop so far - just being delivered now. So far it sounds pretty promising.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1326-ninjacamp-mods/06616-rush-tpu-scoop-protector-full-protection

The LE scoops out of box are pretty decent but longer term, not sure. I don't think the blue padded fix is the one they are sending..

#4049 4 months ago
Quoted from kool1:

This is the only second party scoop so far - just being delivered now. So far it sounds pretty promising.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1326-ninjacamp-mods/06616-rush-tpu-scoop-protector-full-protection
The LE scoops out of box are pretty decent but longer term, not sure. I don't think the blue padded fix is the one they are sending..

I'm loving my LE with the TPU protector. Having my best games ever since installing, highly doubt I'll go with the Stern fix as long as the TPU continues to keep my playfield and scoop area protected.

#4050 4 months ago
Quoted from Rjbdmdmd:

The premium and pros at the show had the blue material fix which limits the scoop shot and I saw some with the whole scoop apparatus rotating several degrees

This is easy to fix, mine was loose after the LAX show too. I just tightened up the screws (bolts) holding it in place.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 133.00
Lighting - Interactive
ArcadeMade
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
NinjaCamp Mods
$ 6,699.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
There are 8,893 posts in this topic. You are on page 81 of 178.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!