IMG_6410 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2562 (resized).jpg
IMG_2578 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2574 (resized).jpeg
20240322_163542 (resized).jpg
20240322_163631 (resized).jpg
20240319_194137 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,884 posts in this topic. You are on page 80 of 358.
#3951 2 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

Spoke to Mike Vinikour at TPF this morning and complimented him on the excellent Expression Lighting programming on Rush. Such a nice guy.
A few tidbits of info:
1) The DJ Mixer EL integration is not likely to change to be song specific (like in Led Zeppelin). This is because the songs used during gameplay are often edited somehow - like skipping slow parts at the beginning. The song specific light shows would need to be reworked to match the full length songs in DJ Mixer, and there likely isn’t time to do that.
2) He wasn’t sure when the EL kits will be available, or if they will come with the same side art as is on the LE.
3) Says there are still a lot more improvements to come for the EL light show in future code updates.
4) Each pill shaped light has two separately addressable RGB LEDs. These are generally set to the same color, but at least one song has some effects where the top half and bottom half cycle differently.

Awesome intel. Thank you.

I'm so jealous you are there.

#3952 2 years ago

My awesome wife knows how excited I am about this pin, how much of a RUSH fan I am (Red Barchetta MAY have been lightly playing in the background when I proposed to her - pure coincidence, I promise), and knows how shitty of a work week I just had. Of course we can't easily get Henderson Brewing's RUSH ale here in STL, but she surprised me today with one of the cans in really good shape. It is an empty - I'm trying to decide if I want to fill it with something like sand to give it some weight and to help keep the shape, or if I should just leave it empty. I'll have plenty of time to put together a good knick-knack shelf with this and my other RUSH goodies while I wait on my Premium!

Small things like this, y'all

IMG_4787 (resized).JPGIMG_4787 (resized).JPG

#3953 2 years ago

I hear my son may have been involved in a couple of these getting installed today - I wonder if Flynnibus may be available later to give us an after-action report from the floor...

#3954 2 years ago

Dumb question...do the 1, 2, and 3 inserts correspond to the 3 shots you need to hit before collecting an album? I know if you hold the flipper for info it tells you which shots to hit but what are the numbered inserts for?
Time to read the ruleset I reckon. Thanks for posting that and keypost marking it.
Can't stop playing this!!

#3955 2 years ago

Still running .087 code. Currently downloading. 091 but it's been hovering at 48-50 minutes for over ten minutes now.
Nm...while I was typing this it fell down to 36 minutes. Normal? Don't recall a download taking this long. Guess I should get used to it?!?

#3956 2 years ago

I'm still finding the rules/gameplay really chaotic. There are SO many things you can layer simultaneously that I never really know what I'm shooting for. Often the game gets behind the events. Get into Tom Sawyer mode, aim for the 2 side loop blue arrows but then accidentally shoot the time machine and get multi ball with a completely different song and new arrows lit up in red. Suddenly I'm being yelled at to Shoot the Right Ramp! or Lock a Ball In the Top Scoop! I shoot the right ramp (good) but then a minute later I get the "Too Bad" message for Bastille Day - didn't realize I was on a timer! Where am I? Still shooting for Tom Sawyer? Far Cry?

I love all of the options but it really makes it hard for me to figure out what is going on during the game.

#3957 2 years ago
Quoted from PsychoPsonic:

I hear my son may have been involved in a couple of these getting installed today - I wonder if Flynnibus may be available later to give us an after-action report from the floor...

Maybe at mustang sally. We’ve kept with rev2 here so far

#3958 2 years ago

Think if I bought a set of Led Zeppelin expression lights they would work in Rush?

#3959 2 years ago
Quoted from Boslaw:

I'm still finding the rules/gameplay really chaotic. There are SO many things you can layer simultaneously that I never really know what I'm shooting for. Often the game gets behind the events. Get into Tom Sawyer mode, aim for the 2 side loop blue arrows but then accidentally shoot the time machine and get multi ball with a completely different song and new arrows lit up in red. Suddenly I'm being yelled at to Shoot the Right Ramp! or Lock a Ball In the Top Scoop! I shoot the right ramp (good) but then a minute later I get the "Too Bad" message for Bastille Day - didn't realize I was on a timer! Where am I? Still shooting for Tom Sawyer? Far Cry?
I love all of the options but it really makes it hard for me to figure out what is going on during the game.

This. All chaos here too, but as long as Rush is playing loud, I've yet to care. I will soon though lol
Didn't realize you could lock a ball behind the drops. Not sure how I did that, but it was fucking awesome.

#3960 2 years ago

Picked this up for tonights pinball .. Just one for the collection. $14 is a little crazy.
20220326_122330 (resized).jpg20220326_122330 (resized).jpg

#3961 2 years ago

Seconded.

They’re so lucky i love all the songs and Borg crushed it on this design.
So many satisfying combos & shots. It’s fantastic.
Lock shots and MBs agalore.

Seriously tho, Seconded.
You Described it to a “T”

Quoted from Boslaw:

#3962 2 years ago

Have a premium on order will be here in April, I have the chance to get an LE is the juice worth the squeeze or just sit tight

#3963 2 years ago
Quoted from Sluggo39:

Have a premium on order will be here in April, I have the chance to get an LE is the juice worth the squeeze or just sit tight

LE!!!

#3964 2 years ago

Impressed all to hell that a band as long in the tooth as Rush still (somewhat) recently put out such bangers as One Little Victory and Headlong Flight.
Both tracks are gd AMAZING

#3965 2 years ago

I hadn’t had a chance to play much .91 until today. I installed PinMonk’s quiet fan and the directions say to test/confirm the install by playing until the fan comes on. Challenge accepted.

OH MAN, the improvement on the EL alone was amazing. The event horizon time machine tracking is super cool! The new callouts really add to the game. Still trying to parse the time machine light show and the ramp lights. I know it’s trying to tell me something, I just can’t follow….yet.

It did seem like I was having way more outlane drains. Wonder if flipper power and sling power adjustments contributed? (Or, just as likely, was it just terrible ball management?)

#3966 2 years ago

My ninja scoop came today. Anyone install theirs yet on LE? I was planning on waiting until I see any signs of problems on the current scoop before doing so. So far its been fine

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#3968 2 years ago
Quoted from Sluggo39:

If you can POSSIBLY afford it, the LE is SOOOOOO worth it.....holy crap it's beautiful. And so much fun to play.

#3969 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Dumb question...do the 1, 2, and 3 inserts correspond to the 3 shots you need to hit before collecting an album? I know if you hold the flipper for info it tells you which shots to hit but what are the numbered inserts for?
Time to read the ruleset I reckon. Thanks for posting that and keypost marking it.
Can't stop playing this!!

Yes; different 1-2-3 combos correspond to one of 10 Albums.

After you read the rules a few times the rules will not feel that confusing

https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/Rush-Rulesheet.pdf

#3970 2 years ago

If I wasn't a huge Rush nerd, I would say premium.
It's all there gameplay wise.

#3971 2 years ago
Quoted from DrDQ:

Yes; different 1-2-3 combos correspond to one of 10 Albums.
After you read the rules a few times the rules will not feel that confusing
https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/Rush-Rulesheet.pdf

THANK YOU DR!

#3972 2 years ago
Quoted from Sluggo39:

I think the LE is stunning and definitely worth the extra cash. The expression lights are amazing. The mirrored back glass and crystalized cab are title specific, and loaded with an incredible sheen. Add the side amour and shaker, and it completes the package. Even down to the gold bolts really makes it functional artwork.

#3973 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Impressed all to hell that a band as long in the tooth as Rush still (somewhat) recently put out such bangers as One Little Victory and Headlong Flight.
Both tracks are gd AMAZING

Yeah, Headlong Flight quickly became my go-to song to start the game. REALLY like it.

#3974 2 years ago

Wife: DO YOU KNOW HOW TIRED I AM OF HEARING RUSH SONGS???
Me: I would also like to listen to some Watain. You're welcome.

#3975 2 years ago
Quoted from Craiger:

I hadn’t had a chance to play much .91 until today. I installed pinmonk’s quiet fan and the directions say to test/confirm the install by playing until the fan comes on. Challenge accepted.
OH MAN, the improvement on the EL alone was amazing. The event horizon time machine tracking is super cool! The new callouts really add to the game. Still trying to parse the time machine light show and the ramp lights. I know it’s trying to tell me something, I just can’t follow….yet.
It did seem like I was having way more outlane drains. Wonder if flipper power and sling power adjustments contributed? (Or, just as likely, was it just terrible ball management?)

I had the opposite experience when I updated the code. The first game after it was updated, I installed the Tibetan Breeze fans to test flipper temps I had a 1.3B game. Couldn't lose a ball out the stock, still factory outlanes, it felt like. Wasn't even TRYING, just trying to keep the ball moving and give the flippers a workout. I put it on the high score board on Pinside, but I realized I probably should have mentioned the flippers were cooled, since that is an advantage.

Of course, couldn't touch that score again when I wasn't "testing." Most were in the 300 million range after that. It's a mental game.

#3976 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I had the opposite experience when I updated the code. The first game after it was updated, I installed the Tibetan Breeze fans to test flipper temps I had a 1.3B game. Couldn't lose a ball out the stock, still factory outlanes, it felt like. Wasn't even TRYING, just trying to keep the ball moving and give the flippers a workout. I put it on the high score board on Pinside, but I realized I probably should have mentioned the flippers were cooled, since that is an advantage.
Of course, couldn't touch that score again when I wasn't "testing." Most were in the 300 million range after that. It's a mental game.

1.3b. Respect. I finished more than one song in a single game for the first time today (Working Man and Limelight.) That’s pretty much my own personal wizard mode right there. Lol.

#3977 2 years ago
Quoted from Sluggo39:

get the LE if it’s not too overpriced

#3978 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

My ninja scoop came today. Anyone install theirs yet on LE? I was planning on waiting until I see any signs of problems on the current scoop before doing so. So far its been fine

Mine came today too. Put it on and have 6 games on it. Love how flexible it is, balls roll over it so smoothly. I’m definitely getting the ball in the center scoop way better, a lot less bounce out. So far it has a lot of promise…time will tell

#3979 2 years ago

Got my NinjaCamp protector installed and after three games here are my thoughts:

*Color was a bit darker than I expected in person but still prefer it over black.
*It still bunches up in-between scoops a tad and I followed instructions to not over tighten posts, no big deal but maybe make the material a little thicker in that area going forward.
*The front scoop is a little harder to hit with it installed, this game probably needs it anyway just because it's a long player in nature.
*Great protection so far and will see how it holds up putting more games on it

Thanks to NinjaCamp for giving Rush owners options because Stern has not offered a permanent solution as of yet in my mind.
20220326_220829 (resized).jpg20220326_220829 (resized).jpg

#3980 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

If I wasn't a huge Rush nerd, I would say premium.
It's all there gameplay wise.

Premium is good because you can’t be tempted to sell for crazy LE money in 2 years.

#3981 2 years ago
Quoted from Boslaw:

I shoot the right ramp (good) but then a minute later I get the "Too Bad" message for Bastille Day - didn't realize I was on a timer!

First rule of Bastille Day is to wait until you’re in a multiball to start it (via the right ramp), so the random chaos hits the RUSH targets for big points.

#3982 2 years ago

For me, Rush was one of the games that stole the show. We’ll done Mr. Borg and the Stern team!!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#3983 2 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

4) Each pill shaped light has two separately addressable RGB LEDs. These are generally set to the same color, but at least one song has some effects where the top half and bottom half cycle differently.

I'd like to find out more about the types of LED's they are using. I want to tap the data line and add LED's to the bottom of the machine that mimic the Expression lighting system.

Do you have his contact information?

#3984 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Got my NinjaCamp protector installed and after three games here are my thoughts:
*Color was a bit darker than I expected in person but still prefer it over black.
*It still bunches up in-between scoops a tad and I followed instructions to not over tighten posts, no big deal but maybe make the material a little thicker in that area going forward.
*The front scoop is a little harder to hit with it installed, this game probably needs it anyway just because it's a long player in nature.
Thanks to NinjaCamp for giving Rush owners options because Stern has not offered a permanent solution as of yet in my mind.
[quoted image]

Great info. Did you have to remove the bottom of the scoop(s) to install the protector?

#3985 2 years ago
Quoted from jarozi:

For me, Rush was one of the games that stole the show. We’ll done Mr. Borg and the Stern team!!

I have to agree. I spent a bunch of time around the Marco booth late last night and everybody seems to love Rush. They dimmed the convention center lights, had a disco ball spinning above, and the music on the machines was loud enough to hear. I do NOT like the blue sandwich protector though. I don’t like the way it affects that shot, and I had at least one drain from a ball rolling back from the lowered time machine ramp towards the left flipper that clipped the right blue pad and went SDTM.

I do have to admit that Cactus Canyon is a gorgeous and fun game, and Weird Al was a lot of fun too with some interesting shots.

#3986 2 years ago
Quoted from PKingRoch:

I'd like to find out more about the types of LED's they are using. I want to tap the data line and add LED's to the bottom of the machine that mimic the Expression lighting system.
Do you have his contact information?

I doubt that Stern will share that information - and Mike wouldn’t be the right guy anyway as he is just using a tool that creates the light show and wasn’t involved in designing or building the hardware. If I see him today I’ll ask though.

That does sound like an interesting project. I’m not a fan of cabinet lighting but I was also never a fan of side playfield lighting but the interactivity of EL has changed that. Synced lighting could look really awesome.

#3987 2 years ago

Has anyone had success calming the inner loop shot? The ball exits the loop somewhat violently and is rattling so much when it feeds to the upper flipper. I've also had shots get air and end up going back into the shooter lane. I've reduced the upper flipper power and am testing a cover on the entry part of the loop where the hairpin turn is...but I'm not getting smooth exits from that loop. Interested in what others have done.

#3988 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

[quoted image]

Anything special need to be done to get the original scoop out or put this one in? Is there anything inside the original scoop like glue holding it in? Or just the screws?

#3989 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

[quoted image]

Thanks for this. Please keep us posted on how it holds up. I'm curious how interesting or difficult it was to install as well. Thanks again for the updates.

#3990 2 years ago
Quoted from jpc211245:

Great info. Did you have to remove the bottom of the scoop(s) to install the protector?

You have to remove or loosen some scoop hardware underneath the playfield but not remove them totally.

#3991 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Anything special need to be done to get the original scoop out or put this one in? Is there anything inside the original scoop like glue holding it in? Or just the screws?

Just a matter of loosening hardware on the scoops, no glue involved.

#3992 2 years ago
Quoted from Lateralus:

Thanks for this. Please keep us posted on how it holds up. I'm curious how interesting or difficult it was to install as well. Thanks again for the updates.

It's not difficult and there are step by step instructions, probably took me 30-40 minutes. Will update on how it's holding up for sure.

#3993 2 years ago

TY. I also got pinmonks pre cut mylar to put down under it.

#3994 2 years ago

Here are my scoop temporary fixes. First 2 pics are mylar in place. Last pic are my templates that show the flaps that go into the scoop in an attemptto keep the protector flat. The cut out edge between the flap and mylar that lays on the scoop is so there is no pulling pressure. Never made one, but seems to make sense.

I had read that its a good idea to wax the area you are about the lay the mylar down on to make it easier to remove if necessary. Will be interesting to see if this holds up....

20220327_133450 (resized).jpg20220327_133450 (resized).jpg20220327_133500 (resized).jpg20220327_133500 (resized).jpg20220327_133708 (resized).jpg20220327_133708 (resized).jpg

My build is Feb 17 and I like the forks...

#3995 2 years ago

Last night I was getting "File too large for destination system" and I just write it off as a crappy USB.
Today I have a 64gb SanDisk and it's saying the same thing. There's nothing on this USB.
Do I need a brand new USB? Doesn't make sense...
Can someone please help?

20220327_143632 (resized).jpg20220327_143632 (resized).jpg
#3996 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Last night I was getting "File too large for destination system" and I just write it off as a crappy USB.
Today I have a 64gb SanDisk and it's saying the same thing. There's nothing on this USB.
Can someone please help?[quoted image]

Need to format the drive to maybe extended fat if you have that option (on mac so forgot what windows options you have). If its fat32, theres a file size limite

#3997 2 years ago

I use 16gb sticks, never had an issue, never had to alter format

#3998 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I use 16gb sticks, never had an issue, never had to alter format

Depends on the manufacturer probably. But fat32 has a single max file size of 4GB. With these newer updates getting bigger and bigger, more people will have to change the format type if they've been using fat32 for previous update purposes

#3999 2 years ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

Depends on the manufacturer probably. But fat32 has a single max file size of 4GB. With these newer updates getting bigger and bigger, more people will have to change the format type if they've been using fat32 for previous update purposes

The last rush update was 10gb? I'm not a computer guy at all, pretty confusing to me, but that's the biggest update I've ever seen or done. Took 30 minutes to load,

#4000 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Can someone please help?[quoted image]

It's not formatted right. ETA: OR you are trying to copy the whole zip file. Extract the zip file and then copy the individual files to the USB drive. Do not copy the ZIPPED FILE!

Use Disk Management - named differently depending on your Windows Version.. but on Win10 you can find it in Start Menu as 'Create and format hard disk partitions'

With your USB plugged in, find it in the list of disks at the bottom of the window. It will be labeled 'removable' and you should be able to locate it by noting the disk letter assigned. MAKE SURE YOU ARE LOOKING AT THE RIGHT DISK!
Right click on the Volume shown, and select Delete Partition
1 (resized).png1 (resized).png
Then it will show again as 'unallocated space'. Right click on it again and click 'New Simple Partition'
2 (resized).png2 (resized).png
Go through the Wizard, specify the disk size. You should use a 16gig partition size for compatibility. So when prompted for how big, put in 16384 MB
Then on the screen where it asks for a name and format, make sure FAT32 is selected and give it a name ('Code') in my example.
3 (resized).png3 (resized).png

That's it

it will remount the disk, and copy your files to it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Virginia Beach, VA
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

10,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tatamy, PA
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 17,884 posts in this topic. You are on page 80 of 358.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1/page/80?hl=sluggo39 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.