20240319_194137 (resized).jpg
20240319_194051 (resized).jpg
IMG_5172 (resized).jpeg
20240313_124509 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240313_232015126 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240313_230406999 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240313_230353824 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,843 posts in this topic. You are on page 71 of 357.
#3501 2 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Lighting up the entire playfield as you describe, is going to ruin Fly By Night multiball, FYI.

Actually, that's probably not true. Pinstadium connects to the GI lighting I believe. Houdini has perhaps one of the best modes in pinball... Escape from Beyond. When you start the mode, Houdini goes completely dark and starts a "search light" and strobing effects that is meant to disorient the player. The Pinstadium goes dark with the rest of the machine because it's connected to the GI. And... as I mentioned a few minutes ago in another, the UV flasher channel on the Pinstadium also interacts with that mode.

#3502 2 years ago
Quoted from konjurer:

Pinstadium is a nice product and it IS interactive. You can hook up one channel to a circuit on the playfield. For example, I connected the UV channel to a pop bumper and it's a nice effect. If you just want your dark playfield lit up better then Pinstadium is a good choice.
For a music pin... EL is looks to be a far better choice and I've already put myself on a waitlist.

Depends on your definition of "interactive." Maybe at the most basic level with the loosest definition pinstadiums are interactive, but nothing comparable to the animations of the expression lighting system. EL is still less than what GnR offers, but that's down to programming, and Stern could close that gap if they wanted to spend the time/money for the man-hours.

Pinstadiums will always be basic lighting with some simple trigger effects. EL and Hotrails both are light years ahead of pinstadiums in interactivity. There's just no comparison, nor should there be. They're different product categories.

#3503 2 years ago
Quoted from gandamack:

s the EL working fairly well on the LE games? Any bugs? It would be cool to see the lights sync with the tunes.

In the early streams I watched, the light show seemed random and not well synced with the music. For example, it should occasionally sync to Peart's iconic drum fills (example, those ripping tom fills in Temples Of Syrinx) or the guitar or bass riffs.

#3504 2 years ago
Quoted from konjurer:

In the early streams I watched, the light show seemed random and not well synced with the music. For example, it should occasionally sync to Peart's iconic drum fills (example, those ripping tom fills in Temples Of Syrinx) or the guitar or bass riffs.

They're almost like mood lights and nowhere near as tightly synced to the actual music as GnR hotrails are. Still, nice effects, but GnR is still best-in-class for light rail song integration.

#3505 2 years ago

LIMITED AMOUNT.Neil peart “Time machine kit”
Build or use how you like. Make a full kit , scatter drums throughout your pinball machine.
Stands open up and cymbals pop on just like a real drum kit ! I know because I’m a drummer of 40 years myself
Even comes with sticks!!
THE ULTIMATE Rush pinball toy!!!!
*** fully built drum kit set up will not fit inside***
Build the ultimate topper!!!

Also check my other geddy Lee bass and Alex lifeson white double neck guitar
I have a very limited amount and will be sold on first come first serve basis.
Email me to put yourself on list
SHIPPING IS 1394B45CCE-D830-488B-B03D-41284664DD58 (resized).jpeg94B45CCE-D830-488B-B03D-41284664DD58 (resized).jpeg.99 US
ask about international
ONLY 4 IN STOCK NOW!!!
More on the way
if you have questions….

This ad is for DRUMS ONLY in sale

1716BA86-41ED-461F-9083-C5BCF0DE7B78 (resized).jpeg1716BA86-41ED-461F-9083-C5BCF0DE7B78 (resized).jpeg798A251C-8D65-446A-9B97-D6B05CBC8187 (resized).jpeg798A251C-8D65-446A-9B97-D6B05CBC8187 (resized).jpeg
#3506 2 years ago
Quoted from konjurer:

I talked to the Stern guy doing the light shows at LAX. You can expect improvements as new code comes out. He just refined all of the light shows for LZ, and they’re awesome.

#3507 2 years ago

Build or use how you like. Make a full kit , scatter drums throughout your pinball machine.
Stands open up and cymbals pop on just like a real drum kit ! I know because I’m a drummer of 40 years myself
Even comes with sticks!!

$211.00
SHIPPING IS 13.99 US
ask about international
ONLY 4 IN STOCK NOW!!!
More on the way
if you have questions….

2B807432-6F64-40BE-9066-50F0DCEA2CAE (resized).jpeg2B807432-6F64-40BE-9066-50F0DCEA2CAE (resized).jpeg2E33E918-79D5-40A2-8131-8A71255DF744 (resized).jpeg2E33E918-79D5-40A2-8131-8A71255DF744 (resized).jpegB0F717DF-5AD4-41A8-9610-7F20BDF3758B (resized).jpegB0F717DF-5AD4-41A8-9610-7F20BDF3758B (resized).jpeg
#3508 2 years ago

First NIB Stern.. Should I b!tch about little bumps on the PF or is this the norm with Stern? Like crap was on the PF before art and clear, I can feel it/them.. and a bigger one HAS to be right where the light reflects when playing.

Hopefully these quick pics show it well enough.

Thanks

R1 (resized).jpgR1 (resized).jpgR2 (resized).jpgR2 (resized).jpgR3 (resized).jpgR3 (resized).jpg
#3509 2 years ago

@j-drum11
That kit is pretty cool!

#3510 2 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

New in my Pinside shop:
From the (not-so) brilliant mind of Slobovich, Music Agent for RASH, comes the world's greatest musical invention: The GeFilter!!! A wondrous Time Machine to transport your musicians across the spectrum of Time!!!
The GeFilter plate is multi-color 3D printed and backed with magnetic strips for easy mounting and removal.
Two versions are available: Standard and LE.
The Standard version features the GeFilter logo on a black backing plate.
The LE version can be personalized to match the number for your RUSH LE pinball. Once your order for an LE version is placed I will reach out and contact you to get your desired number. Then your LE version will be custom made. Due to the custom versions being made to order please allow a few days for these to ship.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1227-willipinball-mods/06609-rush-gefilter-plate-standard-or-le
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Sorry, Are these an inside joke to rush fans? What is the purpose of this? It looks homemade on a 3D printer and not sure of it's intentions.
*edit .. rush fans! Amirite! (Rush definitely have some of the most loyal fans.. seems like this game is gonna sell to many first time pin owners as well!)

#3511 2 years ago
Quoted from J-drum11:

Even comes with sticks!!
$211.00
SHIPPING IS 13.99 US
ask about international
ONLY 4 IN STOCK NOW!!!
More on the way
if you have questions….
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

This is cool but I just don’t know where to put it in my Rush dollhouse. Plus it looks like the ball might smack the crap out of it. And then it would be in pieces.

Love the idea though. Maybe outside the machine (people do that?!?)

#3512 2 years ago
Quoted from jid:

This is cool but I just don’t know where to put it in my Rush dollhouse. Plus it looks like the ball might smack the crap out of it. And then it would be in pieces.

Yeah I tried putting some lil zombies on my TWD playfield, in places where I never thought they’d be vulnerable, they were all smacked down after 200 plays. Same with GOTLE, John Snow was decapitated almost immediately. Lol.

#3513 2 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Sorry, Are these an inside joke to rush fans? What is the purpose of this? It looks very homemade on a 3D printer and not sure of it's intentions.

Rush put out a video detailing the possible foundation of the band, including the Time Machine (the main feature of our pin) via the "Gefilter" as humor to start the concert. It's awesome! There are multiple versions of hand-held shaky concert video of this, but I found this Portuguese You Tube version with foreign subtitles (turn off closed captioning via the CC button to dismiss this if you see captions). I had to buy the mod, and love it. Thanks WilliPinball! Pic attached. Enjoy.

Gefilter (resized).jpgGefilter (resized).jpg

#3514 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Careful with Amazon and Ebay. LOTS of Sandisk fakes. It's the reason I'll only buy SD cards from a B&M store like Best Buy.

Even if shipped and sold by Amazon?

#3515 2 years ago
Quoted from Tortfesor:

Rush put out a video detailing the possible foundation of the band, including the Time Machine (the main feature of our pin) via the "Gefilter" as humor to start the concert. It's awesome! There are multiple versions of hand-held shaky concert video of this, but I found this Portuguese You Tube version with foreign subtitles (turn off closed captioning via the CC button to dismiss this if you see captions). I had to buy the mod, and love it. Thanks WilliPinball! Pic attached. Enjoy.

[quoted image]

lol, that video was really good. I only saw them in concert on their signals tour (first concert I went to) and their videos were not that elaborate… of course my view was the tops of their heads and the light show reflecting off the floor of the stage while I watched from the nosebleed seats

#3517 2 years ago
Quoted from jonboy71:

Even if shipped and sold by Amazon?

Yes, it can happen because Amazon has been known to mix stock in the warehouses of the same kind, which mixes in counterfeits with "safe" stock. Read up on the frozen doll fiasco from a few years ago. Plenty of fake Sandisk horror stories out there, too, even from Amazon.

#3518 2 years ago
Quoted from Tortfesor:

[quoted image]

I just ordered today.

Love the Gefilter mod.. Great idea.

#3519 2 years ago
Quoted from Harvs:

First NIB Stern.. Should I b!tch about little bumps on the PF or is this the norm with Stern? Like crap was on the PF before art and clear, I can feel it/them.. and a bigger one HAS to be right where the light reflects when playing.
Hopefully these quick pics show it well enough.
Thanks
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

These almost look to me like screws that have been over tightened and slightly poked through the playfield. Check for that, and if so, maybe back them off a quarter turn and try to smooth the surface after? That's all I've got...

#3520 2 years ago

Fun little conversation starter here. I would say one thing I friggin’ love about Rush is that even on their lowest-rated albums here, you can find at least one song that totally awesome. Their track record is better than any of the 50’s-60’s jazz musicians I used to follow. I own a few some Charlie “Bird” Parker CDs that I’ll never listen to again, or only once a decade to go “oh yeah”. But Rush has such great musicianship, even the the stuff that’s poorly produced somehow comes through as amazing anyway. And they don’t shoot heroin or do drugs or drink excessively like a lot of talented musicians. So yeah, they’ve got that going for them.

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/rush-albums-ranked/

#3521 2 years ago
Quoted from Kez11:

These almost look to me like screws that have been over tightened and slightly poked through the playfield. Check for that, and if so, maybe back them off a quarter turn and try to smooth the surface after? That's all I've got...

Yeah I’ve had that before, and if you’re lucky a ball will crater that in a few hundred plays. But def check for a too-long screw there.

#3522 2 years ago
Quoted from Kez11:

I think you're right! Will check asap tomorrow. - I had to walk away from it after 8 plays and the post here..., 'The Sterrrrrrrrrn Experience' got to me I guess...

#3523 2 years ago

This is why Pinside needs a “love” button. C’mon robin we can handle it responsibly.

Love these guys so much, and a big reason is that they’ve never taken themselves too seriously. Great video, thanks for sharing!!

Quoted from Tortfesor:

Rush put out a video detailing the possible foundation of the band, including the Time Machine (the main feature of our pin) via the "Gefilter" as humor to start the concert.

And somehow, this is even more amazing, and now I know what the Rush topper must be!

[edit: my quote abilities are weak, scroll up to History of Rush part I and II]

#3524 2 years ago

Since there was a lot of discussion on the value / appearance of the Expression Lighting, I just took my phone and hung it from my ceiling fan (lol) to record a game. Waiting for the HD quality to finish processing and then I'll post it here. I did achieve a few things in the game that we'd discussed here today -- e.g., the rainbow "washover" effect when you hit skills shots (did this at least 3 times including right off the first shot), a Far Cry multiball on ball two which demonstrates a lot of the 'lightshows' when you achieve jackpots, the Fly By Night multiball on the third ball (the darkness effect which is noticeable in the video but doesn't nearly approach how dark it actually looks in real life), and several different songs playing throughout to show the unique lightshow from the E.L.

The SD video quality is potato, so I'll wait to post the link until the HD version is ready. Hurry up, YouTube!

#3525 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I like the final fix; opinions may differ [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I wonder where it attached? Under the playfield? Looks like it will work perfectly with my playfield protector. Would like to see some video of the gameplay.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#3526 2 years ago
Quoted from Av8:I wonder where it attached? Under the playfield? Looks like it will work perfectly with my playfield protector. Would like to see some video of the gameplay.

Dude, you won’t need it. The playfield protector will protect the protector just fine. But it mounts to the 2 posts on either side of the scoop.

#3527 2 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Since there was a lot of discussion on the value / appearance of the Expression Lighting, I just took my phone and hung it from my ceiling fan (lol) to record a game. Waiting for the HD quality to finish processing and then I'll post it here. I did achieve a few things in the game that we'd discussed here today -- e.g., the rainbow "washover" effect when you hit skills shots (did this at least 3 times including right off the first shot), a Far Cry multiball on ball two which demonstrates a lot of the 'lightshows' when you achieve jackpots, the Fly By Night multiball on the third ball (the darkness effect which is noticeable in the video but doesn't nearly approach how dark it actually looks in real life), and several different songs playing throughout to show the unique lightshow from the E.L.
The SD video quality is potato, so I'll wait to post the link until the HD version is ready. Hurry up, YouTube!

Ok the video is up! See quoted comment here for some of the stuff to watch for.

#3528 2 years ago

Loved this spirited review..“create your own theme”..

You tell em’ Nstone4425 !!

C2A09E37-4B9F-4CB2-968E-18AFBAB0FAF8 (resized).jpegC2A09E37-4B9F-4CB2-968E-18AFBAB0FAF8 (resized).jpeg

#3529 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Dude, you won’t need it. The playfield protector will protect the protector just fine. But it mounts to the 2 posts on either side of the scoop.

I think you are right. Mine plays great as is. Just added blue Titan flipper rubbers and I love them.

#3530 2 years ago

Finally got legs on her. First thing that blew me away was the amazing ass backglass...WOW. Not sure if it's an "actual" mirrored BG but there's an actual fucking mirror in it that is just gorgeous.
The second thing I noticed was where the tabs on the protectors bend down, there's a sharp point on each edge on mine.
Third thing I noticed is the mylar I bought a couple years ago seems to be circular magnet mylar for my MET.
I'm about to cut that up and use that lol. Not gonna press play till I put mylar down. Can I get that at a craft store?
FUCKIN CHEERS!

#3531 2 years ago
20220322_001907_HDR (resized).jpg20220322_001907_HDR (resized).jpg
#3532 2 years ago

Is there a way to turn on attract mode tunes?

#3533 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Attract Jukebox not coded in just yet
Game room looks great!

#3534 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Ya, select a song, start a game, dont plunge and sit back in your chair for an hour and enjoy. I have many times already. Of course , it will sound like sh$%t until you get them pinwoofers installed

#3535 2 years ago

So early on in this game’s release for lights and code, and it already promises to be Stern’s best rock pin ever. I couldn’t be happier. I got MET in 2013, I remember waiting a year for the Crank It Up modes. I think this generation of Stern coders is on fire, and they’ll make Rush their tribute to Lyman, maybe even surpass him.

#3536 2 years ago

Ok, part two of the flipper coil temp testing for RUSH is done - Tibetan Breeze active cooling fans installed on each of the three flipper coils. The results are predictably in line with other pins I've tested before/after, a large improvement and no more fade.

For the most part the coils were around 95F-105F for the majority of the 2 hour play test with just a ~15 minute segment in the middle where the left flipper got to 110F because of what seemed like endless multiball triggers that I think were stacked during part of it. I was seeing victory lap messages without even knowing what multiball I was lapping for. Comparing cooled temps to stock/uncooled, there's about a 40F-50F decrease in temps, and the cooled flippers never got anywhere close to the onset of fade.

I guess the bonus is I ended up with a 1.3Billion game that was the main chunk of the test - my new high score.

Temp readings were noted every 5 minutes, and the graph includes all data points from the 2 hours, but in the interests of being able to read the chart, I deleted the cluttered temp labels for every 5 minute mark on the graph and just kept high-low temp label points along the graph.
rush-temp-2022-03-21.jpgrush-temp-2022-03-21.jpg

#3537 2 years ago

Is Stern working on a Topper for Rush?

#3538 2 years ago
Quoted from Animal:

Yes. Borg confirmed it on a podcast and hinted it was going to be pretty special.

#3539 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

[quoted image]

I want to come to your arcade

Quoted from Animal:

Yes confirmed but who knows when though ... still no Godzilla topper.

#3540 2 years ago
Quoted from kool1:

I want to come to your arcade

Yes confirmed but who knows when though ... still no Godzilla topper.

Hell, no Mando topper either.

#3541 2 years ago

Save me the search please. Is the scoop fix from stern the one or his the ninja mod protector the one?
My LE has the extra metal on it already.
Thanks!

#3542 2 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Ok the video is up! See quoted comment here for some of the stuff to watch for.

Wow!!! I was sold on the Expression Lighting before, but I can't wait! Also, DUDE, that was an awesome ball!!!!! Ha ha. Thanks for posting.

#3543 2 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

Save me the search please. Is the scoop fix from stern the one or his the ninja mod protector the one?
My LE has the extra metal on it already.
Thanks!

I ordered the Ninja protector. The Stern unit is ugly AF and they have not let owners know when it will be shipped. The whole scoop issue has been a disaster for this game and would have been better left off. The balls on my game with 275 plays are all scratched to hell and have to replace them as well.

#3544 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Ok, part two of the flipper coil temp testing for RUSH is done - Tibetan Breeze active cooling fans installed on each
[quoted image]

Fwiw, I ordered before reading this! After a long day of work, I've been playing at least an hour of Rush, and these will come in handy. Thanks!

#3545 2 years ago

Can someone please report back on the ninja protector once installed?
Appreciate it

#3546 2 years ago

The stern fix is being shipped very soon I was told by stern.

#3547 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Finally got legs on her. First thing that blew me away was the amazing ass backglass...WOW. Not sure if it's an "actual" mirrored BG but there's an actual fucking mirror in it that is just gorgeous.
The second thing I noticed was where the tabs on the protectors bend down, there's a sharp point on each edge on mine.
Third thing I noticed is the mylar I bought a couple years ago seems to be circular magnet mylar for my MET.
Can I cut that up and use that? Cause I'm about to. Not gonna press play till I put mylar down. Can I get that at a craft store?
FUCKIN CHEERS!

Doubt you will find actual Mylar locally but this stuff works in a pinch. I would use a couple layers or more in impact areas like the trough.

https://www.officedepot.com/a/products/1449694/Scotch-Laminating-Sheets-8-12-x/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&mediacampaignid=71700000091288319_16478243932&gclid=Cj0KCQjw5-WRBhCKARIsAAId9Fml6wwRl4xJrj45rP1MO5wrbWeHg5CVYhWXKVHvywGgRjDZucAusPYaAtXDEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

#3548 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

No jukebox mode yet like some other games. Just start a game and pick a song. It will start the next song when it is done.

#3549 2 years ago
Quoted from CrashJT:

Wow!!! I was sold on the Expression Lighting before, but I can't wait! Also, DUDE, that was an awesome ball!!!!! Ha ha. Thanks for posting.

Happy to post, because it meant I got to go play some pinball! And thanks! Hope it was convincing for some other folks -- the EL is simply beautiful and totally worth it IMO.

#3550 2 years ago

Wooo, LE finally shipping from Stern this week. Since it shipped after Premiums, curious if they implemented the current fix or if its been packed up since last month and still has the original fix with the prongs.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Rehoboth Beach, DE
Lighting - Led
Gameroom Mods
Led
$ 70.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Electronics
Space Coast Pinball
Electronics
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball
Other
$ 15.00
Rubber/Silicone
NinjaCamp Mods
Rubber/Silicone
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 35.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Pyramid Pinball & Arcade
Other
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 20.00
Electronics
Gameroom Mods
Electronics
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 300.00
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
There are 17,843 posts in this topic. You are on page 71 of 357.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1/page/71?hl=pinwoofer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.