20240410_181338 (resized).jpg
IMG_1438 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240407_184826850.MP.jpg
IMG_5558 (resized).jpeg
PNG image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6461 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,890 posts in this topic. You are on page 70 of 358.
#3451 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Think the $200 one might be the one for me. Once it's adjusted, it's adjusted. So that won't be a problem.
We'll see.

You can usually find an amplified sub on craigslist or FB marketplace for $50 or cheaper, alligator clip or soldier speaker wires off of cabinet speaker to sub.

#3452 2 years ago
Quoted from J-drum11:

Personally I don’t get it either.
How loud do you make the machine
To play a game of pinball?
I don’t put mine above 25
To each their own I guess

I don't think it's as much about the loudness as the quality of the sound.

#3454 2 years ago

I just replaced my 5.25" Kenwood speakers with KICKER CS Series CSC5 5.25-Inch speakers on my Rush LE. I like the sound a lot better. It is cleaner with better bass. Thanks for all the tips. No separate amp for now. They were $80 for the pair.

#3455 2 years ago
Quoted from gripwhip:

I just replaced my 5.25" Kenwood speakers with KICKER CS Series CSC5 5.25-Inch speakers on my Rush LE. I like the sound a lot better. It is cleaner with better bass. Thanks for all the tips. No separate amp for now. They were $80 for the pair.

I went from stock 4” on my pro to some kicker 4” DS’s I had laying around (better) to the 5.25 Kicker CS’s (best). Already had a Polk 10” sub. The 5.25’s + sub are awesome. I also changed the back box ohms to 4 from 8. Sounds sooooo much better on this Pro! I would highly recommend the upgrade. And I 3D printed the mounting brackets (on Thingiverse but from a forum member) and they were perfect!

#3456 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Just trying to figure out how I'm gonna tell my wife that the 11k pin we just bought needs $400 worth of speaker upgrades....

I don’t tell my wife, but then she doesn’t tell me about what she buys… …could be why I’m still working.

#3457 2 years ago

After many games on my LE, I finally played a Pro for the first time today. A few observations:

1) It definitely felt like something was totally missing, and not just the extra toys habitrail. I realized after a few games that I was missing the Expression Lighting. It's a completely different experience with the Expression Lighting! E.L. takes things to an absolute next level. If you can afford to add it to your game when it's available, absolutely DO IT. Granted, if you've never played one with E.L., you won't really know what you're missing, but I can assure you E.L. takes it up 5 notches.

2) The time machine ramp definitely seems tighter on the Pro.

3) I had to adjust my gameplay a little bit on the Pro due to the dead-end shot. On the Prem/LE (as you know) that shot has a VUK that sends it back to the right flipper. I will often use this my advantage during multiball: when things are chaotic, and since it's an easy shot, I'll pop one or two balls up thataway to 'stall' them long enough (via VUK/habitrail) to locate the other balls and figure out what to do next. I couldn't do that on the Pro (since they just bounce back into play) so it kept things chaotic.

All said the Pro is still awesome so it's still a win. Anyway, just a few thoughts to share with the group. Rock on!

#3458 2 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

I don't think it's the ramp itself, but the two black posts the Pro has on each side of the ramp that take away about 1/8"-1/4" width from the entrance. The Prem/LE don't have thick black posts there, because they just have the thin blue square rubber on the end of the moving ramp instead and that makes it a bit more open.

#3459 2 years ago
Quoted from PinWoofer:

This might explain it:

Thanks. I have a power sub that shakes the glass. I also use Flipper fidelity speakers for 150.00 with great results. Amp would seem like overkill, but maybe Im missing something.

#3460 2 years ago
Quoted from gripwhip:

These 4 ohm 5.25 kickers? https://amzn.to/3N54SRg

#3462 2 years ago
Quoted from Cudaman:

Yes this is happening on my game to. Did u do anything to fix it?

Just noticed mine is doing it too

#3463 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Here’s a better picture of my Premium with the scoop fix. I really don’t mind it.
[quoted image]

How did you get the scoop upgrade? How do you like it?

#3464 2 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

Those are the ones I went with!

#3465 2 years ago

Is anyone else seeing a bug where you score a skill shot in the upper left lane between the super skill shot ramp and the dead end/vuk? The backglass screen says skill shot 750,000 but Alex's callout says skill shot 500,000.

Gotta give some kudos to Stern - I have reported at least 6 different issues to them since Friday and their tech support rep has been emailing me throughout the weekend about them, including today. I never expected a response over the weekend.

#3466 2 years ago
Quoted from Boslaw:

Is anyone else seeing a bug where you score a skill shot in the upper left lane between the super skill shot ramp and the dead end/vuk? The backglass screen says skill shot 750,000 but Alex's callout says skill shot 500,000.
Gotta give some kudos to Stern - I have reported at least 6 different issues to them since Friday and their tech support rep has been emailing me throughout the weekend about them, including today. I never expected a response over the weekend.

I emailed them today as well on a few issues and was surprised to hear back on a Sunday.

#3467 2 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

How did you get the scoop upgrade? How do you like it?

My Premium was built March 2, and the upgraded metal for the scoop (and the blue ears) were already installed. The scoop metal is fine after 500 plays. I’m going to install a playfield protector on mine while I wait for one that has clearcoat. I’m guessing from looking at your install that I won’t need the blue ears at all with the playfield protector.

#3468 2 years ago

btw, for the "splash" page for the Rush machine here on pinside, please put Alex's and Geddy's names first...as they are, you know, in Rush.

#3470 2 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

Yes. They also have a nice gold color inner ring that matches well.

#3471 2 years ago

The Pinwoofer KO system looks interesting. The LE has upgraded Kenwood 5.25" speakers that are light in color and look great with a speaker light kit. Pinwoofer comes with blue cone Pyle 5.25" speakers with a large tweeter, which I don't think will look as good with the light kit. Did anyone not use the Pyle speakers, or get a discount on the Pinwoofer system without the 5.25" speakers? I can't speak to the quality of either pair of speakers, but did see online that the Kenwoods are generally more expensive - not that that's an indicator of quality.

#3472 2 years ago
Quoted from jpc211245:

Do you have any pictures of the bare wood after removing the scoop protector with the test plays?

The one with the most plays was a pro which got completely chewed up. I am giving my other pro one more week so I can grab a picture. I want to make sure it is a fair example.

#3473 2 years ago
Quoted from Tortfesor:

The Pinwoofer KO system looks interesting. The LE has upgraded Kenwood 5.25" speakers that are light in color and look great with a speaker light kit. Pinwoofer comes with blue cone Pyle 5.25" speakers with a large tweeter, which I don't think will look as good with the light kit. Did anyone not use the Pyle speakers, or get a discount on the Pinwoofer system without the 5.25" speakers? I can't speak to the quality of either pair of speakers, but did see online that the Kenwoods are generally more expensive - not that that's an indicator of quality.

I used the Pinside DIY testing to make my decision on what to buy.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/improving-sound-quality-the-diy-route

#3474 2 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

After many games on my LE, I finally played a Pro for the first time today. A few observations:
1) It definitely felt like something was totally missing, and not just the extra toys habitrail. I realized after a few games that I was missing the Expression Lighting. It's a completely different experience with the Expression Lighting! E.L. takes things to an absolute next level. If you can afford to add it to your game when it's available, absolutely DO IT. Granted, if you've never played one with E.L., you won't really know what you're missing, but I can assure you E.L. takes it up 5 notches.
3) I had to adjust my gameplay a little bit on the Pro due to the dead-end shot. On the Prem/LE (as you know) that shot has a VUK that sends it back to the right flipper. I will often use this my advantage during multiball: when things are chaotic, and since it's an easy shot, I'll pop one or two balls up thataway to 'stall' them long enough (via VUK/habitrail) to locate the other balls and figure out what to do next. I couldn't do that on the Pro (since they just bounce back into play) so it kept things chaotic.
All said the Pro is still awesome so it's still a win. Anyway, just a few thoughts to share with the group. Rock on!

Pro is definitely a faster game because of that dead end shot.

I am going to try and grab an EL kit when they come out. Knowing it was coming for all Rush games was one of the reasons I went with the Pro.

#3475 2 years ago
Quoted from kool1:

Pro is definitely a faster game because of that dead end shot.
I am going to try and grab an EL kit when they come out. Knowing it was coming for all Rush games was one of the reasons I went with the Pro.

I think it is an ok accessory but not sure it is worth the $500US plus it will likely sell for. Pinstadium is probably a better investment IMO.

#3476 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

I think it is an ok accessory but not sure it is worth the $500US plus it will likely sell for. Pinstadium is probably a better investment IMO.

The code integration is what makes the Stern version great, especially the songs. I’m not sure Pinstadium can do what ELS does.

#3477 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

My Premium was built March 2, and the upgraded metal for the scoop (and the blue ears) were already installed. The scoop metal is fine after 500 plays. I’m going to install a playfield protector on mine while I wait for one that has clearcoat. I’m guessing from looking at your install that I won’t need the blue ears at all with the playfield protector.

Can you post a side picture of factory scoop? Where is it mounted? The 2 posts? Would even like to see some gameplay video.

#3478 2 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

Can you post a side picture of factory scoop? Where is it mounted? The 2 posts? Would even like to see some gameplay video.

Yes, the 2 posts:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1/page/51#post-6823391

#3479 2 years ago
Quoted from Tortfesor:

I got the pinwoofer kit and use the pyles also bought a speaker light kit from Doug and I could not be happier.
I do a lot of my own work actually all of it but not feeling comfortable with any experimental cost cutting add ons
to tie in to my 12,000 dollar machine.Pinwoofer is tried and tested by hundreds or more and I only hear positive
reviews.It costs more but I like the products and customer service.I dont have the confidence to gamble on my machines.

#3480 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Quoted from swampfire:

The code integration is what makes the Stern version great, especially the songs. I’m not sure Pinstadium can do what ELS does.

People who have seen both on LZ say EL blows Pinstadium away.

#3481 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Pinstadium isn't remotely comparable. I'm usually not one to upgrade my games at all, but the expression lights have me tempted after playing an LE

#3482 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Yeah...I thought my music games sounded good. Then I got Pinwoofer and never looked back. (I still use a Klipsch sub on my games as well just because I'm OCD about my sound.)
YOU'RE WELCOME, ASSHOLE!

for a second there, I thought that bryan kelly got a rush pinball and was here in our thread

#3483 2 years ago

So there are times in this game when the time machine throws the ball directly down the middle of your flippers, usually when all three lights are flashing. At least on games that have a magnet on the playfield there is enough variety in throwing the ball at you it's not straight down the middle every time. EDIT: My game was off level and shouldn't do this anymore after leveling.

#3484 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

So there are times in this game when the time machine throws the ball directly down the middle of your flippers

Are you talking about the kickout from the scoop(s), or something else? You can tune the scoop to fix that.

#3485 2 years ago

There are several magnet controls I settings, but i have no clue on what any do. I've never had the time machine drop it down the middle on me, still on all factory settings except scoop, upper flipper and trough eject.

#3486 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Are you talking about the kickout from the scoop(s), or something else? You can tune the scoop to fix that.

The time machine will catch the ball with the magnet and instead of throwing it to the back of the game it throws it directly down the middle of your flippers.

#3487 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

No way. Pinstadium just sits there. The expression lighting, while not as nicely programmed as Guns n Roses, adds A LOT to the game experience. No comparison.

#3488 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

The time machine will catch the ball with the magnet and instead of throwing it to the back of the game it throws it directly down the middle of your flippers.

Mine doesn’t launch the ball SDTM either. Wonder if there is an adjustment for that.

#3489 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I've never had the time machine drop it down the middle on me

I'm on latest code and it happens every time the time machine has all three lights flashing, still learning the rules so not clear what I'm collecting when all three lights are flashing.

#3490 2 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

Mine doesn’t launch the ball SDTM either. Wonder if there is an adjustment for that.

I'll try to get this on video here soon, maybe it's only my game for some strange reason.

#3491 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

I'm on latest code and it happens every time the time machine has all three lights flashing, still learning the rules so not clear what I'm collecting when all three lights are flashing.

I have had it put the ball out the front before but dont remember why or if it went sdtm.

#3492 2 years ago

At the 20:24 mark, JD shoots the time machine and it shoots the ball back at him. His machine shot it more towards his right flipper so maybe it's a pitch or leveling issue with mine

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1420737689

#3493 2 years ago
Quoted from kool1:

People who have seen both on LZ say EL blows Pinstadium away.

I also have a LZ Premium, its a nice mod but not sure worth the extra money. I rather buy the Pinstadium that lights up the entire playfield, can control the colors and can be moved between games. Lets see what people think once they make it available for the pros.

#3494 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Lets see what people think once they make it available for the pros.

…and Premiums

#3495 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

At the 20:24 mark, JD shoots the time machine and it shoots the ball back at him. His machine shot it more towards his right flipper so maybe it's a pitch or leveling issue with mine
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1420737689

Yeah I have never had it throw it down the middle. I play quite a bit and have had a lot thrown back at me and never felt in danger. I am interested to hear what you find in case mine does start to hate me.

#3496 2 years ago

My game was heavily leaning left so issue should be solved now.

#3497 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

I also have a LZ Premium, its a nice mod but not sure worth the extra money. I rather buy the Pinstadium that lights up the entire playfield, can control the colors and can be moved between games.

Lighting up the entire playfield as you describe, is going to ruin Fly By Night multiball, FYI. During FBN multiball, the playfield lighting gets darker and darker (deeper into the night) the more shots you hit, until it's completely dark and the only shot left to hit is the Time Machine to collect FBN super jackpot. The expression lighting uses mostly red and blue lighting during this mode, so as to not brighten it too much, and games without expression lighting will be even darker. (Which is the point.) It's my favorite mode in the game so far!

In general, the fact that the Expression Lighting is in sync with the music -- and is unique to every song -- is what takes it to the next level. In addition, it also syncs with various light effects within the game -- e.g., when you hit the skill shot, all the lighting (including EL) cycles through rainbow colors, washing your entire field of view through those colors. It's absolutely beautiful.

#3498 2 years ago

Well described.
I am awaiting my Premium to arrive any day now.

This adds to the excitement and the wait.wasnt planning on adding the ELS but SkyKing really said it well. I’ll be taking a closer look and would consider it now.

Can’t wait to try that flybynight mode tho! Sounds like fun!!

Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Lighting up the entire playfield as you describe, is going to ruin Fly By Night multiball, FYI. During FBN multiball, the playfield lighting gets darker and darker (deeper into the night) the more shots you hit, until it's completely dark and the only shot left to hit is the Time Machine to collect FBN super jackpot. The expression lighting uses mostly red and blue lighting during this mode, so as to not brighten it too much, and games without expression lighting will be even darker. (Which is the point.) It's my favorite mode in the game so far!
In general, the fact that the Expression Lighting is in sync with the music -- and is unique to every song -- is what takes it to the next level. In addition, it also syncs with various light effects within the game -- e.g., when you hit the skill shot, all the lighting (including EL) cycles through rainbow colors, washing your entire field of view through those colors. It's absolutely beautiful.

#3499 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

No way. Pinstadium just sits there. The expression lighting, while not as nicely programmed as Guns n Roses, adds A LOT to the game experience. No comparison.

Pinstadium is a nice product and it IS interactive. You can hook up one channel to a circuit on the playfield. For example, I connected the UV channel to a pop bumper and it's a nice effect. If you just want your dark playfield lit up better then Pinstadium is a good choice.

For a music pin... EL is looks to be a far better choice and I've already put myself on a waitlist.

#3500 2 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

In general, the fact that the Expression Lighting is in sync with the music -- and is unique to every song -- is what takes it to the next level

I am possibly interested in getting the EL kit when it is on the market, even though I think it should have come with the Premium to begin with. Oh well.
Is the EL working fairly well on the LE games? Any bugs? It would be cool to see the lights sync with the tunes.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
WilliPinball Mods

$ 210.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 42.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 194.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

10,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tatamy, PA
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 16.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lermods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oxford, GA
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 17,890 posts in this topic. You are on page 70 of 358.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1/page/70?hl=geddy2112 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.