IMG_6410 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2562 (resized).jpg
IMG_2578 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2574 (resized).jpeg
20240322_163542 (resized).jpg
20240322_163631 (resized).jpg
20240319_194137 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,881 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 358.
#251 2 years ago
Quoted from dozer1:

So it looks like they should not have chamfered the hole so much. Then add a little better quality protector and have no problem. Quite a few ways to fix this, but maybe not at this point in production. The PF's are all made I imagine. Specially bent protector that follows the chamfer better?

Thats the thing… its not a smooth bevel. I doubt cary has touched a rush. I’ll take closer photos to show it better tomorrow. They used this cheap stepped edge cut instead of a true chamfer edge.

This is the only view i had on my phone… but look at the edge. No chamfer. Its like a step cut by a milling bit. I can get some better photos tomorrow

C063DC91-D486-44C1-A545-7A3D35E35026 (resized).pngC063DC91-D486-44C1-A545-7A3D35E35026 (resized).png
#252 2 years ago

The scoop is very small, the protector on our was mangled 6 plays in. I removed both and it plays great. I did Mylar at both scoops for now.

#253 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

They used this cheap stepped edge cut instead of a true chamfer edge.

I see what you mean. Someone would have to explain to me why they went that route and not a true chamfer. Almost looks like they had the wrong bit in the machine and cut a step instead of chamfering it. That gives you an even bigger cavity under the thin, flimsy protector. The result would be exactly what you see.

#254 2 years ago
Quoted from kool1:

Cary on the scoop issues

"The scoop issues aren't good, guys." <end of video>

#255 2 years ago
Quoted from dozer1:

I see what you mean. Someone would have to explain to me why they went that route and not a true chamfer.

Speculative… they knew it would be covered so they reduced cutting time by doing it this way.

Stream reveal didn’t have the protector on it… but every public game did (that i saw).

#256 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Speculative… they knew it would be covered so they reduced cutting time by doing it this way.
Stream reveal didn’t have the protector on it… but every public game did (that i saw).

My protector looked like crap 6 games in. HOW ON EARTH did this get by stern qa.....

#257 2 years ago

If anyone wants to see the current code, I got basically all the way through the game (all modes completed, etc) on my stream yesterday https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1283953671

#258 2 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

If anyone wants to see the current code, I got basically all the way through the game (all modes completed, etc) on my stream yesterday https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1283953671

Wow. Congrats!
Hope it was fun as well?
This mortal may wait to be surprised.

#259 2 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Wow. Congrats!
Hope it was fun as well?
This mortal may wait to be surprised.

We are actually avoiding watching streams to let us discover the game ourselves.

#260 2 years ago

So when should a day one orderer of a Premium expect to get theirs? Any new updates or guesses?

#261 2 years ago
Quoted from freakandgeek:

So when should a day one orderer of a Premium expect to get theirs? Any new updates or guesses?

My distro told me "April-summer" for my day one Premium order. No clue how accurate that will wind up being, but seems in line with production run schedules I've seen in other threads.

#262 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Thats the thing… its not a smooth bevel. I doubt cary has touched a rush. I’ll take closer photos to show it better tomorrow. They used this cheap stepped edge cut instead of a true chamfer edge.
This is the only view i had on my phone… but look at the edge. No chamfer. Its like a step cut by a milling bit. I can get some better photos tomorrow [quoted image]

Compared with another example tonight. This game has about 560 balls played on it.

This one has a better front edge… not as stepped, but you can see it a bit in the other edges. I didn’t look close enough when setup to know if it’s rounding with use… or just a better cut.

A8C21506-1373-4F35-8A51-9629DAC52F70 (resized).jpegA8C21506-1373-4F35-8A51-9629DAC52F70 (resized).jpeg
FABF593D-961E-449D-9FD3-72C94AC637F5 (resized).jpegFABF593D-961E-449D-9FD3-72C94AC637F5 (resized).jpeg
4033E4A7-8B57-47C6-86F7-DF5753CA5440 (resized).jpeg4033E4A7-8B57-47C6-86F7-DF5753CA5440 (resized).jpeg

The side scoop has just a tad of lifting on one side… but isn’t impacting play at all
56955927-89A9-408F-B214-B5D4C27B661E (resized).jpeg56955927-89A9-408F-B214-B5D4C27B661E (resized).jpeg

#263 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Compared with another example tonight. This game has about 560 balls played on it.
This one has a better front edge… not as stepped, but you can see it a bit in the other edges. I didn’t look close enough when setup to know if it’s rounding with use… or just a better cut.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
The side scoop has just a tad of lifting on one side… but isn’t impacting play at all
[quoted image]

This looks like hell. And it looks like hell where the ball would never touch.

#264 2 years ago

Anyone else surprised they didnt get a key fob or anything? I got a qr code sticker..that was all

#265 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

This looks like hell. And it looks like hell where the ball would never touch.

Yeah it's what I've been trying to explain.. the edge cut isn't this night tight chamfer. The other game has a more pronounced two step edge. This one looks like it had a chamfer, but the through cut of the hole isn't all the way to the edge of the chamfer. It just didn't look like it was intended to be exposed to me.

#266 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Yeah it's what I've been trying to explain.. the edge cut isn't this night tight chamfer. The other game has a more pronounced two step edge. This one looks like it had a chamfer, but the through cut of the hole isn't all the way to the edge of the chamfer. It just didn't look like it was intended to be exposed to me.

Yeah, it was a very odd/non normal cut for the scoop. Like half the width and twice as steep of a bevel.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#267 2 years ago
Quoted from Coyohtay:

We are actually avoiding watching streams to let us discover the game ourselves.

I'm happy to see that I'm not the only one who does this ... I like to learn it as I go, discover fun new modes, etc. I watched just enough of the initial gameplay reveal to confirm that I liked how it played, and then shut it off and haven't watched any streams since.

There's so few surprises in anything anymore, with everything being available out there on the internet.

#268 2 years ago

Well said. Agreed

#269 2 years ago

Yep. Why on earth would you pay this much money for a new game just to watch someone else play it first on a stream?

I've never understood it.

#270 2 years ago

The scoop news is a mild bummer. Things happen and I’m glad that Stern will initiate a fix. So enjoy this film and think about the fun you will have when you get to play this pin.

“Time Stands Still” - Doumentary of the R 40 tour

#271 2 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

The scoop news is a mild bummer. Things happen and I’m glad that Stern will initiate a fix. So enjoy this film and think about the fun you will have when you get to play this pin.

Did they say they would?

Man I think I’m gonna get a headphone Jack. Hard to hear on route and the game is hard but has some good flow and shots. Need to spend more time trying to complete things in it!

#272 2 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

Bought this when it first came out, watched it once, shut it off.....never will watch it again.

Don't get me wrong, it's well done great documentary. However emotionally the finality of it....just can't watch it again.....

#273 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Did they say they would?

Pretty obvious that they have to fix this problem when it happens on every machine in a handful of games. Rayday unofficially confirmed it on his discord yesterday:

Screen Shot 2022-02-03 at 10.01.56 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-02-03 at 10.01.56 AM (resized).png
#274 2 years ago

Hey gang. This is my first post! Longtime Rush fan (long time pinball fan). just ordered a premium. This is a fabulous place to get tips and info on games!!!

#275 2 years ago
Quoted from Fussa71:

Hey gang. This is my first post! Longtime Rush fan (long time pinball fan). just ordered a premium. This is a fabulous place to get tips and info on games!!!

STL has always had a ton of RUSH love, I love how many of these machines are being brought to this area! I'm avoiding playing the two Pros that are currently known in the area - I want my first play to be on my Premium!

#276 2 years ago

Ordered my first NIB machine! Getting a Rush premium. At first I was bummed that the first round of premiums are built after the Pro's and LE's, but after seeing the issues with the scoop protector, I'm glad I have to wait! I'm counting on Stern to fix the problem before my machine gets built.

#277 2 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

I'm happy to see that I'm not the only one who does this ... I like to learn it as I go, discover fun new modes, etc. I watched just enough of the initial gameplay reveal to confirm that I liked how it played, and then shut it off and haven't watched any streams since.
There's so few surprises in anything anymore, with everything being available out there on the internet.

Yeah, part of the entertainment for us and our viewers is us learning the game and getting better and better scores over time

#278 2 years ago

They know what they’re doing.
There is reason behind all this madness. LOL

I’m in the same boat as you.
I wouldn’t worry

Quoted from Minnpin65:

Ordered my first NIB machine! Getting a Rush premium. At first I was bummed that the first round of premiums are built after the Pro's and LE's, but after seeing the issues with the scoop protector, I'm glad I have to wait! I'm counting on Stern to fix the problem before my machine gets built.

#279 2 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

Pretty obvious that they have to fix this problem when it happens on every machine in a handful of games. Rayday unofficially confirmed it on his discord yesterday:[quoted image]

Nice! well coil stops weren't fixed yet, that I heard? But it is nice to see them fixing this I hope.

#280 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Nice! well coil stops weren't fixed yet, that I heard? But it is nice to see them fixing this I hope.

The Coil stops situation has improved. A year or so ago it had been an everyday occurrence for a new Stern pin to need coil stops within 200 plays. There is still some hit and miss, i.e. an old bad one gets grabbed out of the coil stop stockpile during assembly, but I haven't seen it being an regular issue since before TMNT...

#281 2 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

The Coil stops situation has improved. A year or so ago it had been an everyday occurrence for a new Stern pin to need coil stops within 200 plays. There is still some hit and miss, i.e. an old bad one gets grabbed out of the coil stop stockpile during assembly, but I haven't seen it being an regular issue since before TMNT...

Good to hear. Munsters and JP blew through those

#282 2 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Well, GZ lost both stops here at 200 to 250 plays. I replaced with pinball life , now nearing 700 plays, and right one is showing a bit of filings.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#283 2 years ago

got notification - hits the distro today at 5. Problem is we are in the middle of an ice/snow storm so can't go get it.

#284 2 years ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

Check with Jason at Classic Game Rooms. I have bought several from him for prices that are far below the typical Ebay ones. He just posted on his facebook page the other day that he had gotten in a shipment of the Rush banners, too (but he has many others to choose from as well).

Thank you for this recommendation, within an hour’s time(through email even), confirmed availability, price, and paid, deal done. Two days later, it’s here. Great service from Jason, I’ll second this recommendation.

#285 2 years ago
Quoted from SterlingRush:

Thank you for this recommendation, within an hour’s time(through email even), confirmed availability, price, and paid, deal done. Two days later, it’s here. Great service from Jason, I’ll second this recommendation.

Jason at Classic Game Rooms in GA is one of the best distributors around!

#286 2 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

got notification - hits the distro today at 5. Problem is we are in the middle of an ice/snow storm so can't go get it.

excuses excuses.mine is not here and im camping at my distros parking lot.

#287 2 years ago

my Dad says its 7 degrees outside

#288 2 years ago

I stopped watching streams and listening to podcasts. I appreciate what they are trying to do. However, when they either don’t know or don’t like Rush then it absolutely dampens the excitement or the chance to get a true review. The biggest part of this theme for me is the music and it’s not even close. If you don’t love Rush then just about anything said about the pin loses credibility IMO.

#289 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

my Dad says its 7 degrees outside

Alright, since you left the door open.....

“Your mom just rolled over, and told me it was 69 degrees in the house.”

Couldn’t let a “mom joke” opportunity go to waste, lol.

#290 2 years ago
Quoted from SterlingRush:

Alright, since you left the door open.....
“Your mom just rolled over, and told me it was 69 degrees in the house.”
Couldn’t let a “mom joke” opportunity go to waste, lol.

Full disclosure my Dad lives in a different State.

#291 2 years ago

Just got mine from good 'ol AYCE Gogi in West Hills, plays really well, I'm happy
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#292 2 years ago

Hi All. First Pinside post for me. Glad to be here. I ordered the Premium with an April build date just before the "Official" release. It's my first NIB. I really wanted a Limited Edition, but it seemed like Unobtanium. Rush is my favorite band so I was just over the moon when I saw the teaser! Hopefully Stern can make a decent fix for the scoop. For now, I guess I'll order some mylar. Why wouldn't Stern be adding a custom cut mylar to that area since it seems to be high wear anyway? Seems that a decent mylar and a HQ Cliffy might work?

Thanks for all the great insight you have all been posting!

#293 2 years ago

Hi peoples,

I just ordered an LE i am not a huge rush fan but do like the music. In Australia only 6 are coming into the country and still took time to sell so this will be pretty rare here. Ordered that and a Godzilla premium missed on an LE. I do like Borg games love Metallica this looks pretty nice. I cant wait. Not watching any streaming as i like to work it out for myself. I hope the code on this goes deep. Arriving in Australia late March i am told. I cant wait to see peoples thoughts on the LE when they arrive.

#294 2 years ago
Quoted from Reality_Studio:

Just got mine from good 'ol AYCE Gogi in West Hills, plays really well, I'm happy
[quoted image]

Congrats! Any damage on the scoop so far?

#295 2 years ago

[quoted image]

Looks GREAT!

#296 2 years ago

Removed our scoop protector this morning and cut a piece of mylar to protect the playfield around it for now. At least without it now the scoop reliably feeds the right flipper instead of insta-drains or random hits to the slings.

IMG_2633 (resized).jpegIMG_2633 (resized).jpegIMG_2634 (resized).jpegIMG_2634 (resized).jpegIMG_2635 (resized).jpegIMG_2635 (resized).jpeg
#297 2 years ago
Quoted from kool1:

Congrats! Any damage on the scoop so far?

I actually didn't even know about the scoop issue as I don't tend to follow such things too closely, had to search around to see what you meant. But yeah looks like the metal cover on the lower scoop is starting to take a beating. The perils of being an early adopter I guess.

#298 2 years ago

Think the translites turned out nice, vibrant colors. Just have to shrink the LE translite so the dog isn’t cut off etc. Just waiting for the Premium to get shipped. Think these will look great beside the game.

4264CE29-6409-4B44-BEA8-7326A3108E69 (resized).jpeg4264CE29-6409-4B44-BEA8-7326A3108E69 (resized).jpeg

#299 2 years ago

I set up my game so it would be a little more challenging, Pitch wise. It moves pretty fast!
After about a Dozen crappy games with a few not crappy.
I finally found the groove!
Game is a Lot of fun and excited to see where they go with the future code!

high score (resized).jpghigh score (resized).jpg
#300 2 years ago

I actually didn't even know about the scoop issue as I don't tend to follow such things too closely, had to search around to see what you meant. But yeah looks like the metal cover on the lower scoop is starting to take a beating. The perils of being an early adopter I guess.

Looks good!

I may have to do the same if there is no fix on mine out of the box.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 275.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 210.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 17.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Blaine, WASHINGTON
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Pyramid Pinball & Arcade

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lermods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

There are 17,881 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 358.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1/page/6?hl=parsonsaj and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.