IMG_3100 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240411_225620072.MP (resized).jpg
20240410_181338 (resized).jpg
IMG_1438 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240407_184826850.MP.jpg
IMG_5558 (resized).jpeg
PNG image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,892 posts in this topic. You are on page 69 of 358.
#3401 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

All these Pinwoofer accolades might finally get me to hop that fence. Mostly interested in the amp ""booster?"
Who has that installed again? I really liked what I read about it.

The bbu, bass boost unit. I have it on rush, gnr and gz. And whatever I buy next!

#3402 2 years ago

Not sure if it was that or not. I thought it was a power amplifier for the internal amp in the backbox. Is that the same thing? I'll just pm him, but thanks man.

#3403 2 years ago

Herp de derp ...I just scrolled down to the ads and VOILA....there it is. Is this the same thing?

Screenshot_20220320-152942 (resized).pngScreenshot_20220320-152942 (resized).png
#3404 2 years ago
Quoted from CrashJT:

Being Rush fans, when we heard they were filming the Time Machine tour in nearby Cleveland, we attempted to get tickets. The scalpers had them at insane prices eg $1200 each. I suggested we see them in Hershey PA which we did in the front for $200. It was about a week or less till Cleveland. We were pulling out of the lot after the show, and my wife is working feverishly on her phone. I'm like what are you doing? She says, I just bought us tickets to Cleveland. She claims the prices dropped, because the show was soon, but still won't tell me what they cost. (When I mentioned Rush was coming out with a pinball last December, she said let's use the house fund!) She's a real fan.
Anyway, on the drive to Cleveland, I probably didn't need to, but just in case, I made my final plea. It may sound stupid, but it's a lifelong dream to be in a concert video, especially Rush! So tonight, I don't care if you have a migraine, you'll sing every word to every song and pump your fist the whole time! We can't control where the cameras are, but if a camera happens to pass by, I don't want to end up on the cutting room floor because we aren't into it. Luckily, we ended up in a lot of it. Some of it is in the game. I may be in Spirit Of The Radio, but have yet to see it for myself. I first confirmed our appearance in Jack Danger's twitch live stream during Limelight Multiball. Discovery (pun intended) is here Most of our shots are here

Very cool!
Saw Rush 25x
The last 10 x in rows 2-8 center
Also met Geddy. Didn’t even know what to say.
The fact that you’re in a video is forever great
Experience and story to tell

#3405 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

All these Pinwoofer accolades might finally get me to hop that fence. Mostly interested in the amp ""booster?"

That was me. Here is the pic again for reference. PinWoofer was great to work with and this couldn’t have been easier to install.

F5E57F5E-9A68-4A66-94F4-F14D89B88E5D (resized).jpegF5E57F5E-9A68-4A66-94F4-F14D89B88E5D (resized).jpeg
#3406 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Herp de derp ...I just scrolled down to the ads and VOILA....there it is. Is this the same thing?[quoted image]

worth it

#3407 2 years ago

Hello everyone! Lifelong Rush fan and first-time buyer of a Rush Pro. Still waiting on it from the dealer though; I put in the deposit for it last January at Spokane Pinball.

#3408 2 years ago

Just received my premium yesterday. I played a pro in the arcades with no sound and a few of the shots were smh. I was scared that I wouldn't love the pin. I am a giant Rush fan. I was hopeful the premium would address the items I disliked about the pro and YEP it did. This pin an absolute blast. Lots of great shots and the difficulty is fun. I changed settings to make multiballs harder to achieve. After 10 games I added the Pinwoofer setup. I was skeptical to purchase the kit at first and wow what a game changer. Install was very easy and straightforward. He's also been very pleasant to work with and really cares that you're happy with his product. The sounds is crisp and clean. If loud is your thing well it can do that too. For me I really enjoy how clear the sound is.

Borg and Stern and all involved with this pin did an amazing job.

PXL_20220319_235440258 (resized).jpgPXL_20220319_235440258 (resized).jpgPXL_20220320_034716137 (resized).jpgPXL_20220320_034716137 (resized).jpgPXL_20220320_034728694 (resized).jpgPXL_20220320_034728694 (resized).jpg

#3409 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Check under the playfield to see if any wires are interfering with the mech. It’s a long shot, but a definite possibility.

Thanks for the info. I checked underneath but did not see anything obvious. Could it be due to overheating if the scoop ejects getting a lot of action? Attached is a short video as it happens on the third eject. Thanks for any input.

#3410 2 years ago
Quoted from jpc211245:

Thanks for the info. I checked underneath but did not see anything obvious. Could it be due to overheating if the scoop ejects getting a lot of action? Attached is a short video as it happens on the third eject. Thanks for any input.

What's your scoop eject power? Too low scoop eject power made the ejects inconsistent for me.

#3411 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

What's your scoop eject power? Too low scoop eject power made the ejects inconsistent for me.

It’s set to the default now (175?). It was a bit lower but I changed it in hopes of correcting the problem. It did not.

#3412 2 years ago

I have pinwoofer in my MET and it’s great. I haven’t heard it yet, but how are the speakers in the LE?

Also wanted to ask, are the insert lights for the songs white only? Was curious if a software update could change them so they show the proper color.

#3413 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Let us know how it goes - I've been on the fence myself

#3414 2 years ago
Quoted from jpc211245:

It’s set to the default now (175?). It was a bit lower but I changed it in hopes of correcting the problem. It did not.

185 is the default on mine. I tried 175 and got the kind of inconsistent results you're seeing. Whatever yours is at now, set it to 185 and see if that helps. If not, bump it up 2 at a time and test until you get to 195 and see if any of those 5 steps gives you better results.

#3415 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Just got home from a 20 hr drive from Miami and a great 4 days on Royal Caribbean's Independence.
My wife was such a trooper, handling 3 hours of driving...
But guess what? It's MOTHERFUCKING CHRISTMAS here boys! [quoted image]

Congrats!

The whole day from pick up at the distro to setting it up at home was like the bestChristmas day ever to me too.

#3416 2 years ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

...PinWoofer was great to work with and this couldn’t have been easier to install...

Quoted from Nstone4425:

...After 10 games I added the Pinwoofer setup. I was skeptical to purchase the kit at first and wow what a game changer. Install was very easy and straightforward. He's also been very pleasant to work with and really cares that you're happy with his product...

Greetings!

We offer the backbox DIY amp and power board if you are wanting to strike out and custom design / accessorize your own setup. (The amp and power solution being the most challenging items to get right.) One of the downsides is that the controls are in the backbox so there is a bit of extra effort needed if you want to change settings and it will consume your time to get everything installed and working. The DIY listing is here:

https://pinwoofer.com/pinwoofer-diy/

Our turnkey "Knockout" kit includes detailed installation instructions and videos, the enclosed amp and controls at the coin door location, speakers and all required electronics. Here is that listing:

https://pinwoofer.com/pinwoofer-spike-super-kit/

Have a great day!

Logo (resized).jpgLogo (resized).jpg
#3417 2 years ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:That was me. Here is the pic again for reference. PinWoofer was great to work with and this couldn’t have been easier to install.
[quoted image]

I’m wondering how pinwoofer compares to using pinSub cards and a mixer to connect all your machines to a home amp/speakers…. Has anyone tried both?

#3418 2 years ago

Dan has already pm'd me with some different options, what a great guy. I'm really liking his customer service already and I'm not even a customer yet lol.
Gonna comb through his options the next couple days and get on board with you happy campers.
I have mostly music pins so this is been a long time coming...

#3419 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Dan has already pm'd me with some different options, what a great guy. I'm really liking his customer service already and I'm not even a customer yet lol.
Gonna comb through his options the next couple days and get on board with you happy campers.
I have mostly music pins so this is been a long time coming...

Might as well buy four...you're gonna need one for met, iron maiden and Ac/Dc as well.

#3420 2 years ago
Quoted from mstang01:

I’m wondering how pinwoofer compares to using pinSub cards and a mixer to connect all your machines to a home amp/speakers…. Has anyone tried both?

I have not tried both, but I am very happy with the pinwoofer setup.

#3421 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

185 is the default on mine. I tried 175 and got the kind of inconsistent results you're seeing. Whatever yours is at now, set it to 185 and see if that helps. If not, bump it up 2 at a time and test until you get to 195 and see if any of those 5 steps gives you better results.

Thank you. My correction - the main scoop was set at 185 (default) and my side scoop is set to 175 (default).

I upped the main scoop power to 189 and so far it’s performing much better. Do you keep your side scoop at 175?

Thanks again for all the help. I appreciate the veteran pinball community assistance to those of us are new because of Rush.

#3422 2 years ago
Quoted from tripp:

Might as well buy four...you're gonna need one for met, iron maiden and Ac/Dc as well.

I have the (Pin sound?) massive 12" cab bass and speaker upgrade in ACDC. It sounds REALLY good. My Maiden LE took some tweaking but it's dialed in too since it came with the upgraded speakers.
MET has just a sub but is loud AF.
But yeah you're right lol...
Gettin excited about this Pinwoofer shit THANKS ASSHOLES

#3423 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

I have the (Pin sound?) massive 12" cab bass and speaker upgrade in ACDC. It sounds REALLY good. My Maiden LE took some tweaking but it's dialed in too since it came with the upgraded speakers.
MET has just a sub but is loud AF.
But yeah you're right lol...

Yeah...I thought my music games sounded good. Then I got Pinwoofer and never looked back. (I still use a Klipsch sub on my games as well just because I'm OCD about my sound.)

YOU'RE WELCOME, ASSHOLE!

#3424 2 years ago
Quoted from jpc211245:

Thank you. My correction - the main scoop was set at 185 (default) and my side scoop is set to 175 (default).
I upped the main scoop power to 189 and so far it’s performing much better. Do you keep your side scoop at 175?
Thanks again for all the help. I appreciate the veteran pinball community assistance to those of us are new because of Rush.

I don't think I changed my side scoop, but don't remember offhand. Even if you get the front scoop eject consistent, it will still occasionally shoot a dud, and I think that's why the "Shoot Again" lights up for a few seconds to catch SDTM launches from the scoop (and you can increase the time that safety comes on in the settings).

#3425 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Yeah...I thought my music games sounded good. Then I got Pinwoofer and never looked back. (I still use a Klipsch sub on my games as well just because I'm OCD about my sound.)
YOU'RE WELCOME, ASSHOLE!

Just ordered the KO kit for my Rush premium.

#3426 2 years ago
Quoted from CrashJT:

It needs to be Class 10 or higher (speed) but 8GB is the current size needed. I bought a 16GB SanDisk as was shown as it was under $7 on Amazon. When you image it, it will show 8gb format.

RUSH is the first release to require a 16GB Class 10 SD card. Image is too large for a 8GB card.

#3427 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

I think this is important on the card as well.[quoted image]

Yeah I made sure to order class 10 cards. Thank you for looking out.

#3428 2 years ago
Quoted from CrashJT:

My experience so far with Rush Premium has been awesome. My wife and I are huge fans of the band. (We're fortunate enough to appear in the game singing "conform or be cast out" in Subdivisions, and "kindness that can kill" in Freewill.) I've owned arcade games since the mid 90's, and this is my first NIB experience. So far it's been fantastic. I think the artwork is sublime. I like and respect all eras of the band and live that Michael has tried to incorporate as much as he was able to, without it looking like some sort of hodge podge scrapbook. I love the Test For Echo touches on the Premium. I know a lot have discussed issues with the cartoonish portrait in the center of the playfield. I've read every post, and I do agree to some extent with some of the criticism,. Maybe it's because of my Red Lenses, but It harkens back to the dreaded (but beloved) kimono era. The cartoonishness, to me, adds to the campiness of both that Rush era AS WELL AS that campy era of Pinball art in general. And for this reason,
I love it! The default sound was honestly "fine" for a pinball machine, but the addition of the Pinwoofer system definitely allows you to hear a lot more. Treble of Neil's varied cymbals, bells and whatnot, as well as the intricate bass lines of Grddy's. It's not a must have, but you likely have already spent 8K to 12K, what's $370 more to make it sound fantastic (for home ). Friends who WEREN'T Rush fans say playing makes them want to listen to more Rush, which is great. I love it, because when your favorite song moments cross with the adrenaline Rush of blowing up the game and seeing all of this glorious lights, it burns that euphoria into your cortex! My wife on the other hand, isn't a huge arcade/ pin person and so is hearing the repetitive music from afar and it is making her less interested in hearing Rush. I get that too. I've had on the Far Cry ball lock since the beginning. I love it. Super cool! I haven't seen any glitches in .90. I've seen people complain that they can't see the ball locked from the player position. I'm 6'1" I can't either, but it's pretty obvious. Unless you're in the middle of another multiball, the whole game pauses for a second or two for your to enjoy the fruits of your labor! A red light appears in the window, the lightning strike video showing the concert footage baby carriage on the pier and the words "Far Cry Ball Locked" also appears. A white flashing light in the window washed out the red during the lightning! Cool effect. If you need to see it, stand on one for foot, put one leg behind and bend at the torso and you'll be able to see it sitting there. Maybe the window is more for onlookers, but that red glow means something! Trust me, it's there! When you finally lock the second ball with the side scoop flashing green, "Far Cry" is shown and both scoops eject balls simultaneously! It's badass!! The Clockwork Angels Drum Clock is also very cool. It has 12 "hour" leds and a minute hand. It's in memory of Neil Peart, which I think is cool. When not playing, it shows the actual time. When playing, it has two functions. During "Working Man" mode, it regulates the length of the mode as you use the drum bumpers to move it from 9AM to 5PM to complete your work day. It also starts The "Headlong Flight" multiball when you make it it strike midnight. I also like the ball lock behind the drop targets. If you hit the captured ball it releases, but eventually it just returns it into game play. Not exactly sure what causes the variation, but it's fun. I've added a bunch of cool mods like the Signals Dog and Fire Hydrant as well as the Presto rabbit in the hat (thanks Rocket City). Also the Roll The Bones dice (thanks WilliPinball mods) on the slingshots and two Clockwork drums on the left back two flashers. Also PinMonk's color mode light mod. Lermods ice blue trough lighting really makes my owl pop! Looking forward to a Red Barchetta, some Cliffys and a Wizard Mod Test For Echo action button magnet. Maybe a gefilter! With regard to the scoop, I have rev 2. 150 + games in, zero ball scaring, bottom scoop looks fine, slight wear on side. I would be pissed if the playfield were damaged, but mine seems fine. Would rather have an intensely fun game with one of a kind features, than a perfectly boring game delivered late. To me these are all hand built, unique and one-of-a-kind pieces of industrial art. That's part of what makes them unique and special.
I really wanted a LE, but didn't have enough clout, this being my first NIB. I'm jealous and hope you all are loving your babies! I'm very happy with the art of the Premium, Moving Pictures being my favorite album. I will be getting the Expression Lighting, probably the Side Armor and the topper.
I hope any issues are resolved quickly for everyone and that you enjoy yours as much as I love mine.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Did you change the Humor setting to Frequent?. 90 code is hilarious.

#3429 2 years ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

I have not tried both, but I am very happy with the pinwoofer setup.

I have been out of the loop on pinwoofer. Can't you just use 2 alligator clips on the cab sub and speaker wire to any external sub? Why is it 300?

#3430 2 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

How do I calibrate the clock hand? Mine is out of sync.

Go into settings, SPI settings and adjust clock bias.

#3431 2 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

I have been out of the loop on pinwoofer. Can't you just use 2 alligator clips on the cab sub and speaker wire to any external sub? Why is it 300?

It's a complete amp and speaker upgrade...a subwoofer is nice but nothing compared to a pinwoofer system with a sub. (Or without.) And I wouldn't use alligator clips on much inside a pin; you risk it coming loose and causing a short somewhere.

#3432 2 years ago
Quoted from tripp:

Yeah that’s my fear, with my MET, LZ, AS and Rush. I could see myself getting “addicted”.

#3433 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Let me know how this goes ass mulch.
I’ll probably be jumping on board too.

#3434 2 years ago

What is with all you guys and your fancy fucking connecters? Ha. I literally just use electrical tape on the Stern sub. It works just fine.

#3435 2 years ago

Sure soldering is superior, but a tight connection is the goal, right? Right.

#3436 2 years ago

Honestly speaker upgrades aren't that hard to do . There's multiple threads about it.
But amplifying the Stern amp....that's the money shot. That's what interests me the most.

#3437 2 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

Did you change the Humor setting to Frequent?. 90 code is hilarious.

26E0A990-6E9C-4E2B-8E08-261E015635E1 (resized).jpeg26E0A990-6E9C-4E2B-8E08-261E015635E1 (resized).jpeg
#3438 2 years ago

Just trying to figure out how I'm gonna tell my wife that the 11k pin we just bought needs $400 worth of speaker upgrades....

#3439 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Just trying to figure out how I'm gonna tell my wife that the 11k pin we just bought needs $400 worth of speaker upgrades....

No shit.

2FDDFB0B-F16A-44EB-AE63-5EA374D35010 (resized).jpeg2FDDFB0B-F16A-44EB-AE63-5EA374D35010 (resized).jpeg
#3440 2 years ago

Think the $200 one might be the one for me. Once it's adjusted, it's adjusted. So that won't be a problem.
We'll see.

#3441 2 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

Quoted from beelzeboob:

It's a complete amp and speaker upgrade...a subwoofer is nice but nothing compared to a pinwoofer system with a sub. (Or without.)...

Quoted from Gryszzz:

...amplifying the Stern amp....that's the money shot. That's what interests me the most.

This might explain it:

#3442 2 years ago

I’m doing pinwoofer as well just have to order it I’m waiting to get my pin also doing the speaker light kit from

http://www.speakerlightkits.com/Type-13.html

#3443 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

When she hears it, she will ask you why you took so long to order

#3444 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:Just trying to figure out how I'm gonna tell my wife that the 11k pin we just bought needs $400 worth of speaker upgrades....

Don’t tell her.

#3445 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Personally I don’t get it either.
How loud do you make the machine
To play a game of pinball?
I don’t put mine above 25
To each their own I guess

#3446 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

YOU'RE WELCOME, ASSHOLE!

Screw you guys for making me want something I don't need.

#3447 2 years ago
Quoted from avspin:

Screw you guys for making me want something I don't need.

Do more pinball machines count??

#3448 2 years ago
Quoted from jid:

Do more pinball machines count??

What do you mean? Of course I need more pinball machines. Can't live without them. Wife would divorce me if I sold "her" games.

#3449 2 years ago

I'm just waiting to start my own pinball adventure: waiting for my Rush pro. I concur with Hayfarmer: how long is the delay going to last? Lol

#3450 2 years ago
Quoted from J-drum11:

Personally I don’t get it either.
How loud do you make the machine
To play a game of pinball?
I don’t put mine above 25
To each their own I guess

Hearing is believing, the clarity is more important to me than the volume. ( I do play it cranked tho, it's Rush man)!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 194.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 8.00
Apparel - Unisex
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

6,799 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sellersburg, IN
$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 16.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lermods

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 275.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Pyramid Pinball & Arcade

Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 35.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

There are 17,892 posts in this topic. You are on page 69 of 358.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1/page/69 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.