IMG_3100 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240411_225620072.MP (resized).jpg
20240410_181338 (resized).jpg
IMG_1438 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240407_184826850.MP.jpg
IMG_5558 (resized).jpeg
PNG image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,892 posts in this topic. You are on page 66 of 358.
#3251 2 years ago
Quoted from gouveia:

It’s supposed to be a ball lock for more than one ball. You can see it working on the Pre/LE trailer but it’s not programmed for that right now. I don’t know why, but I think it’s a virtual lock until it’s coded correctly.

Quoted from J-drum11:

You can turn it on but , it’s not recommended and really out of sync with things. Was told to keep off for now

The physical lock is coded and works perfectly fine if you have a working upper ball lock switch. Some games work out of the box, others do not. This is why they disabled physical ball lock as the default.

When your switch isn’t working reliably and you enable physical locks, it may lock the ball in the scoop but lose track of it and go into ball search and eject the ball from the scoop which feels like the game getting out of sync.

Stern is aware and working on a solution

#3252 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

following up to my previous post on a possible overload issue - was just playing tonight and during a single ball game, the lower playfield all went dim and the flippers stopped working again. Turned off the game and let it sit a bit. Turned back on and everything lights up except the bottom 3rd of the playfield. Didn’t bother trying to play another game in case it could damage things further.
I’m Not well versed at all in this area, but went into the diagnostics menu and I have 4 node boards that are out if I’m reading it correctly. I recorded a video of it going out this time and Sent it to Stern tech support (who asked to see a video of it before we proceed), but I’m sure it may be a little while before I’m back up and running. Shit happens, but I know Stern will take care of me.

Mine shit the bed once tonight as well. Only happened the one time and it didn’t happen again

#3253 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Officially joined the Rush club!
Rarehero and I have been listing Rush as theme that we've wanted for years. There was never any doubt that I would own this pin pretty much based on theme alone. To have such a killer layout is icing on the cake!

[quoted image]

At least yours came with the correct backglass. My premium came with a pro backglass

#3254 2 years ago
Quoted from MooButt:

At least yours came with the correct backglass. My premium came with a pro backglass

Easily fixed, hit up up your distributor.

#3255 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

When RobT joins the club, you know it’s good, welcome old friend. Do you still have TWD or did it kick your ass?

Long gone my friend. But only after getting to LMS a couple times.

#3256 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

But only after getting to LMS a couple times.

Welp. Maybe in 4-5 years for me

#3257 2 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

The inside of my LE cabinet with glue and paint slopped on the bottom. Again, not like it's going to be seen, but just showing the attention to detail Stern has with 5 figure games.
[quoted image]

Quoted from upsfeedr:

how hard is that to put on.. looks like it would be hard and a lot of work

This Rush playfield protector is a must have imo. No need to remove time machine. The only mistake I made was putting the protector under the factory scoop protectors. It caused binding. It goes on top of the protectors. I removed the fork as its not needed. Put some hard as nails nail polish on inside of scoops and VUK area.

Took me a full day to do it. It plays amazing now!

I made a video I need to post.

#3258 2 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

Looking forward to your video. Any fitment issues (did you have to trim anything on the protector)? Did you remove the playfield from the machine to install?

#3259 2 years ago
Quoted from sudsy7:

Looking forward to your video. Any fitment issues (did you have to trim anything on the protector)? Did you remove the playfield from the machine to install?

NO TRIMMING. I was really impressed. Just layover the factory scoop protectors. Just take your time and bag/label everything.
20220317_122208 (resized).jpg20220317_122208 (resized).jpg20220317_151450 (resized).jpg20220317_151450 (resized).jpg20220319_075211 (resized).jpg20220319_075211 (resized).jpg

20220319_081226 (resized).jpg20220319_081226 (resized).jpg
#3260 2 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

NO TRIMMING. I was really impressed. Just layover the factory scoop protectors. Just take your time and bag/label everything.

Cool. Did you remove the playfield? Seems like it would be easier on one's back to install on a rotisserie.

Edit: Looks like it also provides protection for the scoop protectors which is a big plus as well.

#3261 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I talked to Mike Vinikour at the Louisville show. Super nice guy. He’s doing the light shows for the new side lighting, and it just gets better all the time. I upgraded my LZ when I got home, and it’s awesome with the latest. I can’t wait to get the lighting for my Rush Premium.

Did you get an email? I want to tap into the data channel on those and create some mods for my machine, but I'm not sure the sequence or the type of LED they are using.

#3262 2 years ago
Quoted from jpc211245:

Contact your distributor for the scoop protector kit. Once it’s fully vetted and released stern will ship it to your distributor. My distributor told me today that they do not know when it will be shipped out yet.

My distributor told me to contact Stern for parts.

#3263 2 years ago
Quoted from sudsy7:

Cool. Did you remove the playfield? Seems like it would be easier on one's back to install on a rotisserie.

No need. Only need to disconnect 4 light connectors, remove flippers and the metal right ramp nuts. Drum stayed on. Just romved 1 screw on the mount so as to slide under it.

#3264 2 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

Put some hard as nails nail polish on inside of scoops and VUK area.

#3265 2 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

No need. Only need to disconnect 4 light connectors, remove flippers and the metal right ramp nuts. Drum stayed on. Just romved 1 screw on the mount so as to slide under it.

No removal of the drum - that surprises me a bit, but great. Looks good, thanks for the tips, and post that video when you get a chance.

#3266 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Honestly, I’ve learned some basic shit from pinside, but I’ll fully admit this is probably out of my league. Popped the hood and didn’t see any damaged wires off the bat and can’t really test the lights since 1/3 are out.
Plus I don’t want my new LE looking like Homer Simpson’s Spice Rack!

One starting point is to unplug the C15 connector from the node board. That will turn off the red, blue and white LEDs in the lower playfield. If your machine plays okay without that connector plugged in, you know it's one of the lights. Keep in mind this picture is with the board facing up and it will be facing down under the playfield, so the connecter is in the back.

An easier test, if your problem is like mine, a nicked wire going under the flipper mechs, you could try slipping a business card or something non-conductive between the wires and the edge of the bracket. More than likely if you have a short it's going to be right at the edge of the bracket. If that solves your problem then you know that one of your wires probably got nicked during the install. Keep in mind, the nick on mine was tiny so it doesn't take much to cause a short.

IMG_20220319_084920513~2 (resized).jpgIMG_20220319_084920513~2 (resized).jpg
#3267 2 years ago
Quoted from Photopin:

Keep in mind, the nick on mine was tiny so it doesn't take much to cause a short.

Yep, the little metal flake in the socket of my JP was tiny too. It was on location, so it could have been anything. The overcurrent circuit did its job.

#3268 2 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

This Rush playfield protector is a must have imo. No need to remove time machine. The only mistake I made was putting the protector under the factory scoop protectors. It caused binding. It goes on top of the protectors. I removed the fork as its not needed. Put some hard as nails nail polish on inside of scoops and VUK area.

Plays like a full mylar I hate them

616X9S-goKL._AC_SL1200_ (resized).jpg616X9S-goKL._AC_SL1200_ (resized).jpg
#3269 2 years ago

Playfield Protector install on Rush LE. Part 1. Disassembly. Hope this helps. Now I can put 1000's of plays on it and never wax it. Also no need for ball drop protectors on the inlanes. I show my Avengers IQ w/ 2200 plays with a protector as an example.

#3270 2 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Plays like a full mylar I hate them

I’ve never noticed a full mylar playing any different. Biggest mistake of my pinball career was pulling the mylar from a NOS Space Station playfield. I should have left it alone!

#3271 2 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Plays like a full mylar I hate them [quoted image]

You obviously haven't played a new stern with one on it. How can you choose a beat up dimpled pf over a shiny smooth one? I have played GZ, AIQ and now RUSH and they all play superior.

#3272 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I’ve never noticed a full mylar playing any different. Biggest mistake of my pinball career was pulling the mylar from a NOS Space Station playfield. I should have left it alone!

Ball doesn't act the same as on wood, tough to explain, it slips or something. Game with hardtop

#3273 2 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

You obviously haven't played a new stern with one on it. How can you choose a beat up dimpled pf over a shiny smooth one? I have played GZ, AIQ and now RUSH and they all play superior.

I've had people have me remove them because they hate them. I'm not into playing on a plastic pf

#3274 2 years ago
Quoted from Photopin:

One starting point is to unplug the C15 connector from the node board. That will turn off the red, blue and white LEDs in the lower playfield. If your machine plays okay without that connector plugged in, you know it's one of the lights. Keep in mind this picture is with the board facing up and it will be facing down under the playfield, so the connecter is in the back.
An easier test, if your problem is like mine, a nicked wire going under the flipper mechs, you could try slipping a business card or something non-conductive between the wires and the edge of the bracket. More than likely if you have a short it's going to be right at the edge of the bracket. If that solves your problem then you know that one of your wires probably got nicked during the install. Keep in mind, the nick on mine was tiny so it doesn't take much to cause a short. [quoted image]

Thank you for this info! Gonna do some investigation this morning. I’ve already reached out to Stern and my distributor as well.

#3275 2 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

Playfield Protector install on Rush LE. Part 1. Disassembly. Hope this helps. Now I can put 1000's of plays on it and never wax it. Also no need for ball drop protectors on the inlanes. I show my Avengers IQ w/ 2200 plays with a protector as an example.

I wish I had one but it’s a pass for me going through that install process. I don’t have the patience
I’d pay someone to do it for me if anyone is in phila area

#3276 2 years ago

Seconded

Quoted from WeirPinball:

Ball doesn't act the same as on wood, tough to explain, it slips or something. Game with hardtop

#3277 2 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

I prefer dimpling. Previous owner of my HUO Hobbit had one installed and after a month of ownership I ripped it off and played way better.

#3278 2 years ago

Just got this when I turned it on just now

54271D2C-1303-4214-A309-45DF8255028E (resized).jpeg54271D2C-1303-4214-A309-45DF8255028E (resized).jpeg
#3279 2 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

I think the factory scoop protector will still have issues bunching up / binding up the ball over time even with the protector over it as the ball will be bashing the inside of the scoop numerous times per game. Thus lifting up the playfield protector that's covering it.

When my playfield protector arives, I'm going to take out the factory scoop protector, install the playfield protector then install Aniraf's 3D printed protector on top of the playfield protector since Aniraf's scoop protector is pliable and shouldn't cause binding like stock metal ones would.

#3280 2 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

They are a pain to install, but I think they are well worth it. Only way to keep a new playfield in pristine condition with all the airballs involved in modern machines - nobody can argue with that fact. I also use them a lot on old EMs with sunken inserts - instant playfield leveling, protection of paint touch-ups, and beautiful shine. Also, they are really easy to uninstall if you ever want to remove them to sell your machine with a truly immaculate playfield in the description.

Quoted from adamross:

I prefer dimpling.

As far as playability goes, no discernable difference to me. I've played games on location that I didn't even realize a playfield protector was installed until someone pointed it out to me. Of course, the debate will go on, but "I prefer dimpling" will never be a good argument for your camp, LOL!

#3281 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Just got this when I turned it on just now
[quoted image]

That is the node board where your short issue is probably occurring. Have you tried opening then closing the coin door or restarting the machine?

If neither of those work, you may want to unplug that CN15 connector to see if the message goes away.

#3282 2 years ago

Read Rush Le ratings comments if you want a good laugh,the haters are trying to tank it.Nobody cares but i Laughed.

#3283 2 years ago
Quoted from DRDAVE:

I think the factory scoop protector will still have issues bunching up / binding up the ball over time even with the protector over it as the ball will be bashing the inside of the scoop numerous times per game. Thus lifting up the playfield protector that's covering it.

When my playfield protector arives, I'm going to take out the factory scoop protector, install the playfield protector then install Aniraf's 3D printed protector on top of the playfield protector since Aniraf's scoop protector is pliable and shouldn't cause binding like stock metal ones would.

I tend to agree with you, but I am surprised how close (almost perfectly), at least in this case, the playfield protector comes to the edge of the scoop holes. So if the ball can't hit the sharp edge of the metal protector, it can't deform it. But I like your plan (it's my plan as well), except I am going to install the Aniraf under the playfield protector.

#3284 2 years ago

I also greatly dislike plastic playfield covers. Game plays like garbage with them on. Tried one once and removed it after maybe like 50-100 games. In the trash it went.

#3285 2 years ago

How long before Stern decides their "fix" is to never put scoops on a game?

#3286 2 years ago
Quoted from J-drum11:

I wish I had one but it’s a pass for me going through that install process. I don’t have the patience
I’d pay someone to do it for me if anyone is in phila area

In a home environment, it just isn't necessary. I love to have my machines looking and playing amazingly. A little novus 1 cleaner, followed by waxing is all you need.

#3287 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Read Rush Le ratings comments if you want a good laugh,the haters are trying to tank it.Nobody cares but i Laughed.

A few are funny but as expected with this title.
Many don’t get Rush enough to give it a shot.
If they heard Geddy call them a “HOSER” more often perhaps opinions may change.

#3288 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Switch issue. Take a close-up picture and I’ll see if I can help. I had a similar issue on Metallica when I got it, and it turned out to be a reversed diode.

Here's a pic of my switch. No diode and it looks to be wired correctly but I'm a total noob.

Again, this is my first NIB and my first Stern and I understand problems happen, but if I compare to buying a new car (price is close!) - can you imagine if 10-20 out of every 1000 cars rolled off the line with shorts that caused your blinkers to work backwards or computer issues that caused your electronics and steering wheel to completely shut off in the middle of a drive?

Back to my problem - let's assume I can't find a short or don't want to spend hours looking for one. Is this something Stern will send someone out to repair? I'm not about to start soldering new diodes onto a brand new $13k pin.

IMG_0567 (resized).jpegIMG_0567 (resized).jpeg
#3289 2 years ago
Quoted from Boslaw:

Here's a pic of my switch. No diode and it looks to be wired correctly but I'm a total noob.

My bad, there are no diodes on any of my switches either - good to know. Go into the switch test in Diags, trigger each switch on the game and write down the ones that are wrong.

#3290 2 years ago

I think I see the problem @boslaw. On my game, the right outlane switch wires are black/orange on the top lug, and blue/green on the middle lug. My inlane switch has black/orange on top and green/yellow on the middle.

2DA11F93-8755-4EA1-B23E-3A0F3DC0CB87 (resized).jpeg2DA11F93-8755-4EA1-B23E-3A0F3DC0CB87 (resized).jpeg
#3291 2 years ago
Quoted from Photopin:

That is the node board where your short issue is probably occurring. Have you tried opening then closing the coin door or restarting the machine?
If neither of those work, you may want to unplug that CN15 connector to see if the message goes away.

I unplugged the Cn15 connector and the game will start up and I was able to play a game. Plugged it back in and Now all the lights appear to be working in attract mode.
Thank you for the guidance- seems like some progress is being made here but it is still shorting out every so often. So Still have some work to do…
8067AC8B-F189-4755-9F6E-F34413E0F8B7 (resized).jpeg8067AC8B-F189-4755-9F6E-F34413E0F8B7 (resized).jpeg

#3292 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I think I see the problem Boslaw. On my game, the right outlane switch wires are black/orange on the top lug, and blue/green on the middle lug. My inlane switch has black/orange on top and green/yellow on the middle.[quoted image]

Yep, that’s the problem. If you’re not handy with a soldering iron, maybe someone local on Pinside can help?

9943A6BD-FBF8-4283-93F9-65E1E77D64BA (resized).jpeg9943A6BD-FBF8-4283-93F9-65E1E77D64BA (resized).jpeg

Quoted from Boslaw:

I understand problems happen, but if I compare to buying a new car (price is close!) - can you imagine if 10-20 out of every 1000 cars rolled off the line with shorts

I can easily imagine that if only 2000-5000 cars of that model were made. But congratulations, if this is your first cargument you just became an official Pinsider

#3293 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I think I see the problem Boslaw. On my game, the right outlane switch wires are black/orange on the top lug, and blue/green on the middle lug. My inlane switch has black/orange on top and green/yellow on the middle.[quoted image]

Check out that heat shrink - I don't think it was ever heated...

#3294 2 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Check out that heat shrink - I don't think it was ever heated...

Not heated nor "shrinked". Whoops.

#3295 2 years ago

Stern sent me new optos for both sides of the instrument lock. Installed and problem is fixed.

Quoted from Cudaman:

Guess I have to call Stern support tomorrow. When the lower pop bumper fires, sometimes it registers the opto behind the instrument targets. And sometimes that instrument opto locks on until another solenoid fires. I have taken everything apart, adjusted optos, reflowed solder and nothing makes a difference. Frustrated for sure!

#3296 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

it is still shorting out every so often.

Definitely take some macro pics of the affected lamp sockets. One of them has a strand of metal in it, and it can be impossible to see it with just your eyes.

#3297 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Definitely take some macro pics of the affected lamp sockets. One of them has a strand of metal in it, and it can be impossible to see it with just your eyes.

Ok that will be my next move…thank you

#3298 2 years ago

Mine looked like this, so it was easier to spot.

BF202FE5-AB12-4D19-B382-1805AC0B77A3 (resized).jpegBF202FE5-AB12-4D19-B382-1805AC0B77A3 (resized).jpeg
#3299 2 years ago
Quoted from Animal:

In a home environment, it just isn't necessary.

You probably missed the meeting, but that's completely opposite of the normal Ample Dimpling Gang logic. Their contention is that dimpling will diminish and eventually disappear with more play. It's unofficially called "Pulverize to Perfection" to some of the playfield theorists. What actually happens, of course, is you eventually end up playing on an orange peel texture, but that's an inconvenient fact that must be overlooked to keep the theory intact. Anyway, point is "Home Use" is just going to accentuate every dimple per the theory.

Spoiler alert - nobody ever wins this debate, but I can assure you there will be many more passionate arguments to come on this thread in an effort to find that "Aha!" moment.

Your vote has been registered. Thank you for participating.

#3300 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Mine looked like this, so it was easier to spot.
[quoted image]

Damn that is a tiny sliver - I’ll keep an eye out for something similar

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

Lighting - Led
Gameroom Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 42.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
WilliPinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

10,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tatamy, PA
6,799 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sellersburg, IN
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 210.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 27.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 8.00
Apparel - Unisex
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
There are 17,892 posts in this topic. You are on page 66 of 358.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1/page/66 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.