IMG_6410 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2562 (resized).jpg
IMG_2578 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2574 (resized).jpeg
20240322_163542 (resized).jpg
20240322_163631 (resized).jpg
20240319_194137 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,881 posts in this topic. You are on page 65 of 358.
#3201 2 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

Seems to be a ton of Stern bashing once again; and in a Rush owners thread to boot.
It’s a shame as it seems to have over-taken the excitement which once dominated this thread.
I haven’t received my LE yet but remain really psyched to have this beauty land in my pad.
Would love to see more owners reviews on the gameplay, the immersive music & lighting, etc. I think the pin looks to be a blast to shoot.

And you have every reason to be psyched. It’s an awesome pin. I feel bad for those with issues - but it happens with almost every production run. Some tweaks are usually needed. The scoop protector has options for upgrading, so all is ok. Lessons learned I hope. It’s better to concentrate on the hundreds of positive things rather than the couple negative. It’s a great fucking game and love my LE.

#3202 2 years ago

@ Swampfire @ John-Floyd: That’s great- the few owners I know who’ve landed a Rush have loved the pin. The term they used- was, it’s just so cool.
Was just hoping we could move away for a bit from the constant negativity & hear some more thoughts on the gameplay.

#3203 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

It’s better to concentrate on the hundreds of positive things rather than the couple negative. It’s a great fucking game and love my LE.

Yep. Look at the club thread for any mature Stern (Metallica, GOTG, doesn’t matter). You’ll see tons of bitching and LE #s in the first 6 months, and giddy new owners and useful info in the last 6 months. Never fails.

Oh man, the GOTLE thread is a great example. Endless bitching about the fact that the left orbit ends at the pops. People who couldn’t get over it bought a mod. I just enjoyed the game from start to finish, still in my top 5.

#3204 2 years ago

Meanwhile the rest of us are too busy just playing our games Rush is SO GOOD!

#3205 2 years ago

After 175 games, Rush is unquestionably the greatest pin experience of my life. Below are a few specifics.

Rush - no other music comes close anywhere IMO. The underlying theme!

The flow and number of shots just keep me saying “one more game”.

The expression lights have really gone to another level in .90. Spirit of Radio and La villa are marvelous.

Very deep early code that appears to just be getting started.

The speed layout with the height differentials in ramps and wires.

The artwork and “crystalized” look that comes off the back glass and cabinet.

The callouts are laced with Rushisms, very entertaining!

Huge amount of HD video content integrated into the pin currently.

Dynamite combo of classic pinball targets and latest mechanical endeavors. (Marcos interview yesterday)

Passion for this project - Borg, Ed Robertson, Alex & Geddy just to name the obvious.

Lastly, it sounds like there will be a pretty dynamic topper to come.

#3206 2 years ago

Do most people recommend pin blade protectors? Especially with expression lights on Rush.

6F26AF10-A212-4054-8F37-83761FD5714F (resized).jpeg6F26AF10-A212-4054-8F37-83761FD5714F (resized).jpeg
#3207 2 years ago
Quoted from jpc211245:

Do most people recommend pin blade protectors? Especially with expression lights on Rush.
[quoted image]

I recommend them for all pins. I do not lift a play field without them!

#3208 2 years ago

I just opened my LE tonight - first NIB for me and so far I'm loving it. A few questions though:

1. How do I get the blue ears? Just email Stern? Not sure if I'll install them but I'd like the option if my scoop gets beat up.

2. I get a ball saved extra ball randomly when my ball goes into one of the side lanes (not outlane) so I end up with many multiballs that aren't really earned. Is this a switch issue or a code issue?

3. How the hell do I register my game in Stern Insider?! When I scan the QR code, it brings me to the Stern website. I log in with my insider name/password, and I get my profile with the little QR button on the bottom. When I click the QR button though, all I get is a message telling me to scan my QR code, but no scanner appears. If I exit the website and open the camera on my phone, I go back through the same process - I can never actually register my game.

#3209 2 years ago
Quoted from Boslaw:

2. I get a ball saved extra ball randomly when my ball goes into one of the side lanes (not outlane) so I end up with many multiballs that aren't really earned. Is this a switch issue or a code issue?

Switch issue. Take a close-up picture and I’ll see if I can help. I had a similar issue on Metallica when I got it, and it turned out to be a reversed diode.

#3210 2 years ago

Not as creative as some of you guys, but it drove me nuts.

D49C3AFB-0F00-4F49-B8B6-3C070053733D (resized).jpegD49C3AFB-0F00-4F49-B8B6-3C070053733D (resized).jpeg
#3211 2 years ago

Hold your fire” mod
A must have for any true Rush fan.
Very easy to install.
The mod gives the illusion that the 3 red balls are floating above the playfield.
Just like front of album cover
Looks incredible when installed and does
Not block game play
$23 plus shipping
Shipping won’t be expensive
inbox me if interested?

2072F00C-99E8-4FCA-BFC9-01B35CF56B16 (resized).jpeg2072F00C-99E8-4FCA-BFC9-01B35CF56B16 (resized).jpegAFB55E7A-9783-4642-B094-B8C2A28469C0 (resized).jpegAFB55E7A-9783-4642-B094-B8C2A28469C0 (resized).jpegC628F06B-3C9A-453A-90DC-735B27002F1E (resized).jpegC628F06B-3C9A-453A-90DC-735B27002F1E (resized).jpeg
#3212 2 years ago
Quoted from Boslaw:

I just opened my LE tonight - first NIB for me and so far I'm loving it. A few questions though:
1. How do I get the blue ears? Just email Stern? Not sure if I'll install them but I'd like the option if my scoop gets beat up.

Contact your distributor for the scoop protector kit. Once it’s fully vetted and released stern will ship it to your distributor. My distributor told me today that they do not know when it will be shipped out yet.

#3213 2 years ago

Boslaw Can you screenshot a picture of your QR code then use the screenshot over the scanner on the game? I think I had a similar issue.

#3214 2 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

hear some more thoughts on the gameplay.

Rush is my 4th Stern rock pin, after Metallica, Aerosmith and Led Zeppelin Premium. I’m still on my Rush honeymoon, so I don’t know if it will dethrone Led Zeppelin. Some quick thoughts:

Shots through the pops and the right ramp, while very similar to Aerosmith, are easier and more satisfying. John Borg did a good job tweaking these.

The Time Machine shot is much better and more reliable than the ring shot on LOTR. Occasionally I’ll get a ball hang between the ramp and the ring, but the ball search clears it. Love the fact that it can throw forward or reverse, or just let the ball pass through. Great mechanism, Elliot.

The upper flipper has 4 useful shots - scoop, ramp, inner orbit and VUK. It’s my favorite upper flipper, but I’m comparing it to LZ and Congo. I love LZ, but the the upper flipper isn’t very good, even on the Pre/LE.

I haven’t seen the prong-lock-shot since I sold my Avatar, and I love that it’s back in Rush, behind the drops. It was the main feature that pushed me from Pro to Premium.

For all the complaining about the lower scoop, it’s the least important shot in the game. I scored over 1B at LAX on factory settings, and I made that shot over and over again. It’s a complete non-issue unless you hate blue.

Shooting behind the upper flipper, ala Star Trek, is pretty satisfying. I don’t have that on any other game.

I have no idea about the rules. I just shoot flashing shots and I rack up points.

#3215 2 years ago

jpc211245 & @swampfire: Great to hear some of the constructive and positive attributes of the pin. Thanks for sharing!
Nice to move things in in a more positive direction for the owners thread.
Only big negative from my perspective is waiting for the pin to arrive lol.

#3216 2 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

Seems to be a ton of Stern bashing once again; and in a Rush owners thread to boot.
It’s a shame as it seems to have over-taken the excitement which once dominated this thread.
I haven’t received my LE yet but remain really psyched to have this beauty land in my pad.
Would love to see more owners reviews on the gameplay, the immersive music & lighting, etc. I think the pin looks to be a blast to shoot.

You'll enjoy the pin just fine. The only REAL ACTUAL HARD issue is the abysmal protector situation, but that will get worked out over time. The rest is just grousing about the usual Stern build quality and QA issues after another price hike. Game is still very enjoyable, and I find myself looking forward to Geddy losing his mind vocally when Bastille Day comes up.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#3217 2 years ago

Yeah, I get it Vic- just seemed liked the thread was laden with some negative vibes.
More fun & enjoyable to also hear some of the positivity & a few passionate fans thoughts.

#3218 2 years ago
Quoted from jpc211245:

Boslaw Can you screenshot a picture of your QR code then use the screenshot over the scanner on the game? I think I had a similar issue.

I realized my stupid mistake. In the packet of instructions there was a square sticker with a qr code. I thought I was supposed to stick that in the space where the scanner is (that I didn't realize was a scanner!). Generally speaking, I don't think the various instructions that came with this game were very well done. I have a used DialedIn LE and I think their setup materials and manual are MUCH better.

Speaking of stickers, who's idea was it to stick the Certificate of Authenticity to the translite with what seems to be packing tape. I gently peeled mine off but a chunk of the tape got left behind and it's stuck there pretty good. I'm going to be pissed if anything gets damaged in the process of trying to get that tape and residue off.

Quoted from swampfire:

Switch issue. Take a close-up picture and I’ll see if I can help. I had a similar issue on Metallica when I got it, and it turned out to be a reversed diode.

Thank you. I'll open it up and take some pics tomorrow.

BTW - I thought all modern pins had ball locks that prevent balls from pouring out when you tilt the playfield. Even my Revenge from Mars Pin2k has one. This one doesn't. Ask me how I know!

Last question -- what's the point of the see through window on the playfield next to the scoop. It doesn't seem to serve any purpose. Is there something below that I should be seeing at some point in the game?

#3219 2 years ago

Haven’t been in the thread for a bit and just thought I’d stop by and say I love my Rush pin and have nothing but pincredible fun playing it! Carry on fellow Rush fans!

8EB37E1D-98ED-4DDB-94AF-86CB9E6C22D7 (resized).jpeg8EB37E1D-98ED-4DDB-94AF-86CB9E6C22D7 (resized).jpegB34D21AD-79D9-4E5A-A1C7-9AEEA37DAE66 (resized).jpegB34D21AD-79D9-4E5A-A1C7-9AEEA37DAE66 (resized).jpegFB316717-2AF3-4C3E-AFD8-4EEDCAB81E23 (resized).jpegFB316717-2AF3-4C3E-AFD8-4EEDCAB81E23 (resized).jpeg
#3220 2 years ago

Got my Premium Monday and finally opened and set it up this afternoon. What a great game! Has a March 1 build date, but it didn’t come with the blue bumpers. It did come with a Pro backglass in it instead of the Premium LOL

#3221 2 years ago

Killer game. May have blown my speakers in the first few games. Sounds great with a sub. The music, gameplay, theme, music, animations and art on the Le make this game awesome. It’s the first pin where the songs will keep going even after a drain and for that reason alone adds a ton more fun factor. I agree with the other person in saying it’s the best pin experience ever to date. Well done

#3222 2 years ago

Okay. It is because I miss them and do not have enough talent to do them myself, but I do miss the Hitler videos and the mystery scoopgate would seem like a perfect candidate.

#3223 2 years ago
Quoted from Boslaw:

Speaking of stickers, who's idea was it to stick the Certificate of Authenticity to the translite with what seems to be packing tape. I gently peeled mine off but a chunk of the tape got left behind and it's stuck there pretty good. I'm going to be pissed if anything gets damaged in the process of trying to get that tape and residue off.

Razor blade and goo gone followed by glass cleaner will fix it right up. It's just a pane of glass on the front. Nothing to pull up or damage (unless you drop the translite).

#3224 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Razor blade and goo gone followed by glass cleaner will fix it right up. It's just a pane of glass on the front. Nothing to pull up or damage (unless you drop the translite).

Just rub off gently with finger
Came right off

#3225 2 years ago
Quoted from Boslaw:

Last question -- what's the point of the see through window on the playfield next to the scoop. It doesn't seem to serve any purpose. Is there something below that I should be seeing at some point in the game?

Yeah it really needs some kind of solution to make that area useful. Complete waste of a window into the playfield.

#3226 2 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

I’m new to this forum and got my LE, which is my first pin, two weeks ago. My first few weeks on the forum I was amazed how much info was being shared and how positive everyone was while we were all waiting for our deliveries. That soon changed when they arrived, and while everyone has been great in helping out with problems there’s been a definite increase in the negativity. I still really appreciate the info sharing and help, and I have learned an incredible amount in an short time. I guess the negative is just part of the deal. Thanks to all for sharing your experience and knowledge. I’m really loving the pin and plan to stay in the forum.

#3227 2 years ago
Quoted from Boslaw:

It’s supposed to be a ball lock for more than one ball. You can see it working on the Pre/LE trailer but it’s not programmed for that right now. I don’t know why, but I think it’s a virtual lock until it’s coded correctly.

#3228 2 years ago
Quoted from gouveia:

It’s supposed to be a ball lock for more than one ball. You can see it working on the Pre/LE trailer but it’s not programmed for that right now. I don’t know why, but I think it’s a virtual lock until it’s coded correctly.

You can turn it on but , it’s not recommended and really out of sync with things. Was told to keep off for now

#3229 2 years ago

What he said.

#3230 2 years ago
Quoted from gouveia:

The problem is the trailer is shooting that window straight down from overhead where 1 or 2 balls held are visible, but from the player's perspective you cannot see one ball physically locked, and only just may be able to catch the top of the second stacked ball in the lock IF you're tall enough. Seems like it's too short or too far up the playfield to work like Metallica's lock visibility. Oops.

#3231 2 years ago

I agree with that as well. It took me awhile to figure out what was going on.

#3232 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah it really needs some kind of solution to make that area useful. Complete waste of a window into the playfield.

The first time I saw the window on the reveal I knew it needed something. This Counterparts artwork is my personal solution. Can go on top of playfield or under. For me, too lazy to take off the subway so for now it sits on top.

I am not super happy with the clear material that this is printed on and would like to find a better material if I were to sell. I took my first decal off and needed to put another on right away.

4ECF3DD9-60D6-416E-A708-5D77219133E3 (resized).jpeg4ECF3DD9-60D6-416E-A708-5D77219133E3 (resized).jpeg

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#3233 2 years ago
Quoted from hawknole:

The first time I saw the window on the reveal I knew it needed something. This Counterparts artwork is my personal solution. Can go on top of playfield or under. For me, too lazy to take off the subway so for now it sits on top.
I am not super happy with the clear material that this is printed on and would like to find a better material if I were to sell.
[quoted image]

I like that decal.
That’s a good idea plus it gets counter parts in the game. You could also make one with dice since the scoop area has the dice on it

#3234 2 years ago

I see it now..

4891CCCC-AEC6-4670-9A2C-8BAD4ED6F0AB (resized).jpeg4891CCCC-AEC6-4670-9A2C-8BAD4ED6F0AB (resized).jpeg

#3235 2 years ago

I have a question….
The Roll the bones lights in the flipper lanes.
Or the outlane ball save lights…..
Does anyone feel these should change with your flipper buttons?

#3236 2 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

I see it now..
[quoted image]

Just hang a mirror on the ceiling

#3237 2 years ago
Quoted from Boslaw:

BTW - I thought all modern pins had ball locks that prevent balls from pouring out when you tilt the playfield. Even my Revenge from Mars Pin2k has one. This one doesn't. Ask me how I know!

Don’t feel bad, I did the same thing twice on my Rush! And I have an RFM too, it does kind of spoil you. I use a rag to block the balls on my other games.

#3238 2 years ago
Quoted from hawknole:

The first time I saw the window on the reveal I knew it needed something. This Counterparts artwork is my personal solution

I love that! I listened to Counterparts twice tonight for the first time, might be my favorite post-80’s Rush album. I even heard some Modest Mouse influences on it, tho that could be the rum.

#3239 2 years ago
Quoted from hawknole:

I am not super happy with the clear material that this is printed on and would like to find a better material if I were to sell. I took my first decal off and needed to put another on right away.
[quoted image]

I think it's the right direction, but if I were doing it I would make it kinetic with some kind of themed gears or something that moved when a ball entered the lock.

#3240 2 years ago
Quoted from J-drum11:

The Roll the bones lights in the flipper lanes.
Or the outlane ball save lights…..
Does anyone feel these should change with your flipper buttons?

The flipper buttons do change the outlane ballsave, unless I’m mistaken. I like that you can’t lane-change the inlane lights, it adds some randomness to “Roll the Bones”. But don’t forget you can lane change with the apron button too.

#3241 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

The flipper buttons do change the outlane ballsave, unless I’m mistaken. I like that you can’t lane-change the inlane lights, it adds some randomness to “Roll the Bones”. But don’t forget you can lane change with the apron button too.

Ok , just feel it’s missing something
I’ll pay more attention to the ball save light

#3242 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I think it's the right direction, but if I were doing it I would make it kinetic with some kind of themed gears or something that moved when a ball entered the lock.

What about a better lighting effect?
One color for one ball a different when two are locked or a strobe ?
Just throwing stuff out there

#3243 2 years ago

following up to my previous post on a possible overload issue - was just playing tonight and during a single ball game, the lower playfield all went dim and the flippers stopped working again. Turned off the game and let it sit a bit. Turned back on and everything lights up except the bottom 3rd of the playfield. Didn’t bother trying to play another game in case it could damage things further.
I’m Not well versed at all in this area, but went into the diagnostics menu and I have 4 node boards that are out if I’m reading it correctly. I recorded a video of it going out this time and Sent it to Stern tech support (who asked to see a video of it before we proceed), but I’m sure it may be a little while before I’m back up and running. Shit happens, but I know Stern will take care of me.

#3244 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

following up to my previous post on a possible overload issue - was just playing tonight and during a single ball game, the lower playfield all went dim and the flippers stopped working again. Turned off the game and let it sit a bit. Turned back on and everything lights up except the bottom 3rd of the playfield. Didn’t bother trying to play another game in case it could damage things further.
I’m Not well versed at all in this area, but went into the diagnostics menu and I have 4 node boards that are out if I’m reading it correctly. I recorded a video of it going out this time and Sent it to Stern tech support (who asked to see a video of it before we proceed), but I’m sure it may be a little while before I’m back up and running. Shit happens, but I know Stern will take care of me.

Look back a few pages. This has happened to a couple people including me. It's probably a bad bulb, bad socket or nicked wire causing a short

#3245 2 years ago
Quoted from Photopin:

Look back a few pages. This has happened to a couple people including me. It's probably a bad bulb, bad socket or nicked wire causing a short

Honestly, I’ve learned some basic shit from pinside, but I’ll fully admit this is probably out of my league. Popped the hood and didn’t see any damaged wires off the bat and can’t really test the lights since 1/3 are out.
Plus I don’t want my new LE looking like Homer Simpson’s Spice Rack!

#3246 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

I had a very similar problem on my JP Pro. Take the plastics off of anything with GI that are out. Take a close-up picture of every single socket. With luck you’ll see a small bit of metal that’s shorting a socket. The really nice nice thing about Spike is that it doesn’t blow a fuse, and once you fix the short everything will be work. I’ve never had to swap a fuse on a Spike pin, one thing I love about the new system.

[edit: hit me up via PM if that doesn’t fix it]

#3247 2 years ago

Words with friends

048F537D-5165-445B-A636-323D5D155801 (resized).jpeg048F537D-5165-445B-A636-323D5D155801 (resized).jpeg
#3248 2 years ago

Officially joined the Rush club!

Rarehero and I have been listing Rush as theme that we've wanted for years. There was never any doubt that I would own this pin pretty much based on theme alone. To have such a killer layout is icing on the cake!

66925865183__B623566E-C839-41A4-897D-A228E5894A84 (resized).jpeg66925865183__B623566E-C839-41A4-897D-A228E5894A84 (resized).jpeg
#3249 2 years ago

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alex_Lifeson

Very very cool Wikipedia about Alex, and it rings so many bells for me. I played ‘cello until I was 12, when I switched to classical guitar. I was really good, and I was planning a life of music performance until my dad turned me on to Georgia Tech and I turned my life over to the corporate machine. No ragrets though, I’ve had a great life and I’ll pick up my classical guitar again in a few years.

#3250 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Officially joined the Rush club!

When RobT joins the club, you know it’s good, welcome old friend. Do you still have TWD or did it kick your ass?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Blaine, WASHINGTON
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 17.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
10,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tatamy, PA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 27.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

There are 17,881 posts in this topic. You are on page 65 of 358.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1/page/65?hl=hoteldrummer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.