20240410_181338 (resized).jpg
IMG_1438 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240407_184826850.MP.jpg
IMG_5558 (resized).jpeg
PNG image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6461 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,890 posts in this topic. You are on page 64 of 358.
#3151 2 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

It's an under-playfield scoop, not a vuk. Completely different mech. Who knows if they could have used a deeper vuk with a subway to it instead given the spacing of things and the upper scoop, idk. I never really had any side shots on mine. If anything I expect the nubs will improve it by making front shots reject less

Are you saying it’s like Metallica? This is the pic I am looking from the gallery, which is the same as mando and gz.

F430191E-3175-4039-9732-3C30A67DDFE3 (resized).jpegF430191E-3175-4039-9732-3C30A67DDFE3 (resized).jpeg
#3152 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

how much is time and labor to replace since you'll have to take the whole guide out and they use loctite

It took me less than a minute to remove the guide. Screws came right out, no loctite on these.

Quoted from northvibe:

And this is closer to the flippers in a high shot area.

Same distance, 18” from flipper tip to blue rubber.

#3153 2 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

If anything I expect the nubs will improve it by making front shots reject less

This has been my experience. Maybe someone “neutral” who played these at LAX could weigh in. The scoop shot for me is much much easier than the upper ramp shot (and much less important).

#3154 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

how much is time and labor to replace since you'll have to take the whole guide out and they use loctite so you have to fiddle with breaking the screws loose without stripping them. changing them is a pita. And this is closer to the flippers in a high shot area. I dont think they meant for the scoop to be walled in....but they are just doing what they can as cheap as they can.

those screws they use are a b!tch to remove as well

#3155 2 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

those screws they use are a b!tch to remove as well

Not this time.

AF5E5829-4968-47BB-98ED-05E6FC1F35D1 (resized).jpegAF5E5829-4968-47BB-98ED-05E6FC1F35D1 (resized).jpeg
#3156 2 years ago

Stern's fix can be debated but it's still leaves out protection for the side scoop which the mod shops are addressing.

#3157 2 years ago

I was told by Stern technical support that the one with blue rubber sides is the one they are working with and is close to the final version.

#3158 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Not this time.[quoted image]

glad to hear they made it easily changable.

#3159 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Stern's fix can be debated but it's still leaves out protection for the side scoop which the mod shops are addressing.

Ask for the new metal protector.

A88BEF7B-24C4-4F2B-9E8D-9FB5E85BB731 (resized).jpegA88BEF7B-24C4-4F2B-9E8D-9FB5E85BB731 (resized).jpegB0DC4E39-F325-4143-87F4-5C4FB45FE959 (resized).jpegB0DC4E39-F325-4143-87F4-5C4FB45FE959 (resized).jpeg
#3160 2 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Well then, curious what fellow owners are going to do:
A. Stern blue rubber fix
B. Ninja guys 3D scoop protector
C. Cliffy/Mantis
D. Take them all off mylar (other solution etc.)

I'll take B for the win!

#3161 2 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

glad to hear they made it easily changable.

it isn't production just wait until they ship, then they'll loctite the f out of them hahahah.

#3162 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Are you saying it’s like Metallica? This is the pic I am looking from the gallery, which is the same as mando and gz.
[quoted image]

No. The ball there is suspended by the protector that is bent to shit and won't let it through.

It is supposed to go all the way through and into the 'subway' mech below the pf.

#3163 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Ask for the new metal protector.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I don't see anything different about that one from the one on my LE. Maybe the ones shipped with the premiums are better, still it took them until the third run of games to get there.

#3164 2 years ago

I’m going to play the Stern Blue Marge fix and see how it goes. Just happy Stern got a “fix” that for the time being allows play without PF damage.

Already in on Cliffy’s waitlist and will soon be receiving those in good time.

And will take it from there. time & pinside reviews will tell which solution is best

For now, Combination of A & C

Quoted from Vino:

A. Stern blue rubber fix
C. Cliffy/Mantis

#3165 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

I don't see anything different about that one from the one on my LE. Maybe the ones shipped with the premiums are better, still it took them until the third run of games to get there.

Suit yourself.

#3166 2 years ago

Does anyone have pics of translucent and/or purple titan rubbers on the game? I can't decide which I want to have on hand when my premium arrives...

#3167 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Why is the scoop different on rush? Is there a reason it had to be different than gz and mando?

Been covered before countless times. Mando and GZ are bigger, and the ball sits right on the eject mech (like a saucer) instead of passing through the PF into a chute with the eject.. so the ball has to pass both up and down through the PF unsupported.

Rush scoop is likely narrower due to the shot lines to both the pops and time machine and side scoop.

#3168 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Why is the scoop different on rush? Is there a reason it had to be different than gz and mando? Not remotely similar, that’s a bit of a stretch, look pretty similar.
We’re side shots into the scoop possible in the stock setup? Certainly not going to happen now.

It's most similar to KISS (even in PF position). BUT KISS had a much better playfield and clearcoat. We're ~7 years down the road on cost reductions of materials and processes since KISS though, leading to a RUSH with poor art adhesion and almost no clearcoat at all compared to KISS. So where KISS was fine with just a little factory mylar on the front because it had good ink adhesion and thick strong clear, RUSH is a mess, both with and without a protector.

This is all down to cost reduction gone too far in many areas. It's splitting cabinets all over again, manifest in a different place (the scoop) and Stern will have to back off a bit to reduce the complaints.

#3169 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

[quoted image]

It's only like that because that's what it looks like WHEN THE BALL IS STUCK due to the protector hanging it up there

#3170 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Ordered the ninja, am on cliffy list, and emailed stern, so hopefully covered as best as I can be.

I'm going try this in a different order
I'm on cliff's list to get a solution from hims, I need to contact stern or my distributor to get my limited idiot sandwich fix (to hang on the wall in shame), and I've ordered the ninja TPU solution
I want to support all those that create a good, working solution

#3171 2 years ago

My last message from Stern was to work with my distro on the new protector, and as of Wednesday the distro said there was no part number for this yet, and no way to yet receive it. Has anyone yet been able to order it ?

#3172 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It's most similar to KISS (even in PF position). BUT KISS had a much better playfield and clearcoat. We're ~7 years down the road on cost reductions of materials and processes since KISS though, leading to a RUSH with poor art adhesion and almost no clearcoat at all compared to KISS. So where KISS was fine with just a little factory mylar on the front because it had good ink adhesion and thick strong clear, RUSH is a mess, both with and without a protector.
This is all down to cost reduction gone too far in many areas. It's splitting cabinets all over again, manifest in a different place (the scoop) and Stern will have to back off a bit to reduce the complaints.

it's sad that it takes cutbacks of this magnitude and replacement costs that are through the roof for companies to reconsider some of their "cost savings"

#3173 2 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

it's sad that it takes cutbacks of this magnitude and replacement costs that are through the roof for companies to reconsider some of their "cost savings"

The only thing that's for sure is Stern will relentlessly pursue cost-cutting until it breaks something, then they'll back off in that area just to before the point of breakage and look for savings elsewhere.

This was the bottom of the RUSH LE I got. First thing I saw when I took the side off to unpack it. Glop of unsanded wood filler on the cab bottom. Will people normally see it? No. But it's the FIRST THING I was greeted with when unpacking. You can see in the pic, the cabinet strap is still on it. Just SMH.

RUSH-LE-WOOD-FILL-UNSANDED.jpgRUSH-LE-WOOD-FILL-UNSANDED.jpg
#3174 2 years ago

The good news is owners have multiple choices now, just feel bad for the pro owners that got the first edition and have playfield damage.

#3175 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Glop of unsanded wood filler on the cab bottom.

Yeah, that’s huge and pretty ugly. My only issue is the clearcoat, but I’m reserving my comments on that until I see how Stern handles it for me.

#3176 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Yeah, that’s huge and pretty ugly. My only issue is the clearcoat, but I’m reserving my comments on that until I see how Stern handles it for me.

Looks like it's filling part of a knot. I get it that wood is imperfect, especially when you're cost reducing to crappier quality as Stern has continued to do, but the fact that they couldn't be bothered to sand it flat was the part that irritated me.

#3177 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Looks like it's filling part of a knot. I get it that wood is imperfect, especially when you're cost reducing to crappier quality as Stern has continued to do, but the fact that they couldn't be bothered to sand it flat was the part that irritated me.

I agree that is annoying and sloppy. If applied right it wouldn't have needed sanding.

#3178 2 years ago
Quoted from H3XAG0N:

Does anyone have pics of translucent and/or purple titan rubbers on the game? I can't decide which I want to have on hand when my premium arrives...

I did translucent rubbers and purple posts. Hope these help. Have fun changing those rubbers!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1/page/8#post-6768789

#3179 2 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

A. Stern blue rubber fix
C. Cliffy/Mantis

We have gone with (B) for our LE.

Of course, being 1/2 of the Outpost Kodelia mentioned in the original announcement, I *may* have some personal bias, and access to an early prototype

#3180 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The only thing that's for sure is Stern will relentlessly pursue cost-cutting until it breaks something, then they'll back off in that area just to before the point of breakage and look for savings elsewhere.
This was the bottom of the RUSH LE I got. First thing I saw when I took the side off to unpack it. Glop of unsanded wood filler on the cab bottom. Will people normally see it? No. But it's the FIRST THING I was greeted with when unpacking. You can see in the pic, the cabinet strap is still on it. Just SMH.
[quoted image]

Is that worse that B/W using recycled cab wood? Cost cutting has been around a long time.

This is a QA problem not a cost issue.

#3181 2 years ago

The inside of my LE cabinet with glue and paint slopped on the bottom. Again, not like it's going to be seen, but just showing the attention to detail Stern has with 5 figure games.

PXL_20220317_141711228 (resized).jpgPXL_20220317_141711228 (resized).jpg
#3182 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

I did translucent rubbers and purple posts. Hope these help. Have fun changing those rubbers!
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1/page/8#post-6768789

I have some Purple translucent superband flippers arriving today for my Beatles. I heard they are a nightmare to put on, but some guy posted a video and it looked easy as pie. Start at the thin end, press down and stretch over the fat end. We'll see...

#3183 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Thanks, that looks awesome...I might steal your setup idea!

#3184 2 years ago

[Never mind - I see those aren’t nails, but metal connectors]

#3185 2 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

The inside of my LE cabinet with glue and paint slopped on the bottom. Again, not like it's going to be seen, but just showing the attention to detail Stern has with 5 figure games.
[quoted image]

Hate to break it to you but Stern still doesn't give a damn about collectors - they think the ops rule the market.

#3186 2 years ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

Is that worse that B/W using recycled cab wood? Cost cutting has been around a long time.
This is a QA problem not a cost issue.

I'd take that recycled B/W cab wood over what Stern is putting out. Much better quality wood.

The POINT is Stern is cutting past the point of failure in many cases, including wood, where they had to dial it back and include better corner braces because the crappier cheaper, lighter wood was splitting at the seams.

#3187 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinplayer1967:

Ordered the Ninja protector. Getting tired of waiting on Stern and removing the glass every few games to free the stuck ball. Stern crapped the bed on this deal and offered a ugly fix with the blue horse blinders

If you're Technical and have the tools I highly recommend getting the full Playfield protector. From Playfieldprotectors.com

It overlays the whole play field and goes on top of the factory Stern protectors. You can also remove the fork. Say goodbye to dimples.
20220317_122208 (resized).jpg20220317_122208 (resized).jpg20220318_162856 (resized).jpg20220318_162856 (resized).jpg

#3188 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I'd take that recycled B/W cab wood over what Stern is putting out. Much better quality wood.
The POINT is Stern is cutting past the point of failure in many cases, including wood, where they had to dial it back and include better corner braces because the crappier cheaper, lighter wood was splitting at the seams.

Have you guys tried to buy a straight 2x4 lately? Quality is not a good word for much these days. Hell last wood I bought from lowes I could have wrung out about a quart of water it was so green.

And I'll take a plywood bottom any day over the particle board shit that was used for so long.

#3189 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Agree with you but you should complain about their QA not $. Your issues are sloppy but I’ve never seen them in my games. They aren’t due to cutting costs.

#3190 2 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Have you guys tried to buy a straight 2x4 lately? Quality is not a good word for much these days. Hell last wood I bought from lowes I could have wrung out about a quart of water it was so green.
And I'll take a plywood bottom any day over the particle board shit that was used for so long.

If you're willing to pay, you can get good wood, even 2x4s and 4x4s.

Buying from big box for wood is the first mistake. You're not getting quality wood there. We just re-did our 20 year-old fence with over 500' of fenceline and the wood was fine. We had a few rejects of 2x4 supports and 6x10x1 inch planks, but overall it was very good. We paid a little more with a local business, but the quality was much higher that what you'd find at a Lowes or Home Depot. Buying cheaper wood is absolutely cost-cutting.

#3191 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If you're willing to pay, you can get good wood, even 2x4s and 4x4s.
Buying from big box for wood is the first mistake. You're not getting quality wood there. We just re-did our 20 year-old fence with over 500' of fenceline and the wood was fine. We had a few rejects of 2x4 supports and 6x10x1 inch planks, but overall it was very good. We paid a little more with a local business, but the quality was much higher that what you'd find at a Lowes or Home Depot. Buying cheaper wood is absolutely cost-cutting.

Agree, but they don't make the cabs - their QA would have to reject something and send it back. And like I said, they are not catering to collectors - just ops

#3192 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

[quoted image]

Unbelievable. Crappy QC. Dam!!

#3193 2 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Sorry for going dark for a few...but I do have a day job (believe it or not). I was able to get everything listed on my Pinside store this evening. You should start seeing the lovely adds at the bottom of the page, or you can click one of the following product links to place your order. We're already behind (big surprise) but we're cranking this out rapidly. Additional shipping supplies are on the way and we're getting geared up! If you're ready to order now, rest assured it will be in your hands as soon as we can possible get it done. All orders will be filled in the order in which they are received.
Here are the product pages:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1326-ninjacamp-mods/06616-rush-tpu-scoop-protector-full-protection
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1326-ninjacamp-mods/06618-rush-tpu-scoop-protector-partial-protection
Hopefully I covered everything in those. I recorded some stupid videos today just to better illustrate what we're working with. I'm sorry I didn't have a routed piece of plywood, but trust me, the 2x4 is softer.

Do you have any pictures of the bare wood after removing the scoop protector with the test plays?

#3194 2 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Agree, but they don't make the cabs - their QA would have to reject something and send it back. And like I said, they are not catering to collectors - just ops

Which is crazy since collectors have to be over half their business now.

#3195 2 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Yeah, every time I move my Abra Ca Dabra, it disintegrates a little more. Talk about a shitty cab.

#3196 2 years ago

Seems to be a ton of Stern bashing once again; and in a Rush owners thread to boot.
It’s a shame as it seems to have over-taken the excitement which once dominated this thread.
I haven’t received my LE yet but remain really psyched to have this beauty land in my pad.
Would love to see more owners reviews on the gameplay, the immersive music & lighting, etc. I think the pin looks to be a blast to shoot.

#3197 2 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

If you're Technical and have the tools I highly recommend getting the full Playfield protector. From Playfieldprotectors.com
It overlays the whole play field and goes on top of the factory Stern protectors. You can also remove the fork. Say goodbye to dimples.
[quoted image][quoted image]

how hard is that to put on.. looks like it would be hard and a lot of work

#3198 2 years ago

I was thinking about that today too.This Game is great you will be very happy
My game seems to have no issues and plays and sounds awesome.On the other
hand its not the same feeling when you have problems.Its great when its our turn
to share and discuss problems and solutions so its productive and informative.
But your right some can be too much .

#3199 2 years ago
Quoted from upsfeedr:

how hard is that to put on.. looks like it would be hard and a lot of work

I tear down pins all the time to wax them. You just have to be organized and take it slowly. The key thing is to have a bunch of labeled baggies for keeping the hardware with each part that you’re removing. Take pics of things you might forget.

#3200 2 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

Would love to see more owners reviews on the gameplay, the immersive music & lighting, etc.

I talked to Mike Vinikour at the Louisville show. Super nice guy. He’s doing the light shows for the new side lighting, and it just gets better all the time. I upgraded my LZ when I got home, and it’s awesome with the latest. I can’t wait to get the lighting for my Rush Premium.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

6,799 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sellersburg, IN
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 27.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 42.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Virginia Beach, VA
$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 275.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

10,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tatamy, PA
$ 35.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Pyramid Pinball & Arcade

$ 16.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
There are 17,890 posts in this topic. You are on page 64 of 358.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1/page/64 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.