IMG_3100 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240411_225620072.MP (resized).jpg
20240410_181338 (resized).jpg
IMG_1438 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240407_184826850.MP.jpg
IMG_5558 (resized).jpeg
PNG image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,895 posts in this topic. You are on page 63 of 358.
#3101 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I see rush debuted at #2, wonder how long before the 2 and 3 point reviews come in. Way too early to be rated so highly, but it is damn good so far.

Pro got trashed by people because of the scoop.

LE has definitely tilted it a bit high most likely.

#3102 2 years ago
Quoted from jid:

I can’t think of anything in 3D printing post processing that is patentable. You print TPU and then you post process it. If your post-processing includes sanding, or even animal sacrifice, it is still just post processing the print. I’m starting to lose credibility in your idea when you call it an evolutionarily manufacturing technique. Designing and printing takes time. And the rolls of ninjaflex cost something. But at the end of the day, it sounds like you printed a model you designed and then you did something to it. That’s great! It doesn’t mean that it is any harder than anything else to print and post process.

You may be right...but then again, you may be wrong . I say let me worry about what is defensible and what isn't.

#3103 2 years ago

I cannot say this loud enough...your interest in the TPU Scoop Protector has been amazing. Thank you all for reaching out and saying such cool things.

Sorry for going dark for a few...but I do have a day job (believe it or not). I was able to get everything listed on my Pinside store this evening. You should start seeing the lovely adds at the bottom of the page, or you can click one of the following product links to place your order. We're already behind (big surprise) but we're cranking this out rapidly. Additional shipping supplies are on the way and we're getting geared up! If you're ready to order now, rest assured it will be in your hands as soon as we can possible get it done. All orders will be filled in the order in which they are received.

Here are the product pages:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1326-ninjacamp-mods/06616-rush-tpu-scoop-protector-full-protection
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1326-ninjacamp-mods/06618-rush-tpu-scoop-protector-partial-protection

Hopefully I covered everything in those. I recorded some stupid videos today just to better illustrate what we're working with. I'm sorry I didn't have a routed piece of plywood, but trust me, the 2x4 is softer.

#3104 2 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Aniraf i think it is great that you are trying a new approach to solve this problem. I for one would love to try it. It is people like you that continue to amaze me with the talent pool in this community. Thanks for trying to pave the way for us.

Super nice of you to say! I cannot say this enough, I am in this for all of us. I want to advance the hobby and figure out better and less expensive ways to make pinball machines.

#3105 2 years ago

My LE has issues with both Stern and Pinballlife headphone/volume assemblies. When connected game will not boot up. When unplugged game boots up fine. Tried with several different flashed SD cards. Same issue. I know of others with this problem as well. Are there people who have the headphone front assembly installed that can successfully boot their game up?

#3106 2 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

You may be right...but then again, you may be wrong . I say let me worry about what is defensible and what isn't.

I don’t actually care about the patent process. But I do care if the protector works. And there is only one way to find out.

Order placed. Looking forward to getting this installed!

#3107 2 years ago
Quoted from BeeGee6533:

My LE has issues with both Stern and Pinballlife headphone/volume assemblies. When connected game will not boot up. When unplugged game boots up fine. Tried with several different flashed SD cards. Same issue. I know of others with this problem as well. Are there people who have the headphone front assembly installed that can successfully boot their game up?

Had the same problem. I ended up working with Scott Danesi at Pinballlife to figure out the issue. There is a bug in Stern's code that doesn't recognize the volume knob correctly if it is in between the detents/notches as the knob is turned into position. Stern is aware and a code fix is coming. The issue is only found with RUSH pins.

Temporary workaround: gently turn the knob until you can feel it resting in one of the notches before you turn on the pin.

#3108 2 years ago

New fix and design for scoop.

PinTech LIVE presents Stern Pinball's Rush Premium
Let's dive into Rush Premium pinball with Lead Engineer Elliot Eismin! Jump to 29 minute mark to see the blue rubbers discussion.

https://www.facebook.com/marcospec/videos/2199684096879413

Capture (resized).PNGCapture (resized).PNG
#3109 2 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Super nice of you to say! I cannot say this enough, I am in this for all of us. I want to advance the hobby and figure out better and less expensive ways to make pinball machines.

Just ordered, thx for making this.

#3110 2 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Had the same problem. I ended up working with Scott Danesi at Pinballlife to figure out the issue. There is a bug in Stern's code that doesn't recognize the volume knob correctly if it is in between the detents/notches as the knob is turned into position. Stern is aware and a code fix is coming. The issue is only found with RUSH pins.
Temporary workaround: gently turn the knob until you can feel it resting in one of the notches before you turn on the pin.

Man, thx for this response/solution! Glad to know it’s not something wrong with my node board, etc.

#3111 2 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Thanks very much for posting this! I can't take credit for the dogs themselves, they're pre-manufactured (as described in the listing) but you're right -- they are VERY nice, and I assessed a couple different pre-mfd dalmatian variants before selecting this one based on quality and pose/position.
Thanks also for the pre-approval-via-PM-to-post this critique (so it doesn't look like I'm "calling you out" per se, lol) -- as this will help others who have purchased or will purchase this mod -- the installation shown in those pics needs some adjustment. The hydrant should face the other way (with the large outlet/cap facing the player), and I designed the mount with clearance for the lobe to go UNDER it. This will hide the lobe itself, and also eliminates that gap below the hydrant (since it will sit "in" the mount, below the top surface).
For those who intend to install this mod, here are the installation instructions:

Received mine the other day (along with the Presto mod) -- going to install this weekend. They look awesome!

#3112 2 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

Let's dive into Rush Premium pinball with Lead Engineer Elliot Eismin! Jump to 29 minute mark to see the blue rubbers discussion.
https://www.facebook.com/marcospec/videos/2199684096879413[quoted image]

stern guy said they posted videos on how to install new scoop. Where can i find these?

#3113 2 years ago

My replacement left side Expression lighting arrived from Stern via UPS. Lol! At least I was able to bend it back into shape by hand.

PXL_20220318_033042762 (resized).jpgPXL_20220318_033042762 (resized).jpgPXL_20220318_033328918 (resized).jpgPXL_20220318_033328918 (resized).jpgPXL_20220318_040806708 (resized).jpgPXL_20220318_040806708 (resized).jpg
#3114 2 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

Is that the final resolution of the scoop? Blue rubber pads? What about the side scoop? I didn’t watch the full 2 hour video. Those blue pads look terrible. I honestly can’t believe stern cant get the scoop protection right, pinball machines have only had scoops for what 30+ years? Godzilla, mando don’t seem to have scoop issues, why should rush be different? If it’s final, I will be purchasing the aftermarket dual scoop protection, but am pretty pissed I have to do this.

#3115 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Is that the final resolution of the scoop? Blue rubber pads? What about the side scoop? I didn’t watch the full 2 hour video. Those blue pads look terrible. I honestly can’t believe stern cant get the scoop protection right, pinball machines have only had scoops for what 30+ years? Godzilla, mando don’t seem to have scoop issues, why should rush be different? If it’s final, I will be purchasing the aftermarket dual scoop protection, but am pretty pissed I have to do this.

Yes, the horse blinders are the final fix, from what I've heard. I don't think Stern is adding any other protection to the side scoop.

#3116 2 years ago

Well then, curious what fellow owners are going to do:

A. Stern blue rubber fix
B. Ninja guys 3D scoop protector
C. Cliffy/Mantis
D. Take them all off mylar (other solution etc.)

#3117 2 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

A. Stern blue rubber fix
C. Cliffy/Mantis

Probably a combo of B, C, and D. Either way I go I will get them all, including the Stern fix, and experiment to what works best.

#3118 2 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

A. Stern blue rubber fix
C. Cliffy/Mantis

If there was black rubber, instead of blue, or even grey, that wold look better. Other than that, I think it will be trial and error with b and c. Happy to share my results in time.

#3119 2 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Probably a combo of B, C, and D. Either way I go I will get them all, including the Stern fix, and experiment to what works best.

Thank you!
Yeah the challenge with Sterns final fix is the fact that some existing games with v2 protectors are holding but getting beat up fast. Hoping their fix will fit over a cliffy or another protector long term.

#3120 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

If they'd known about this issue up front I'm sure they could have designed the playfield+mech differently to help, but as is they need to come up with a fix that works with the existing hardware already out there

#3121 2 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

I highly recommend everyone watch this. Elliot seems like a really nice dude, and he explains what went wrong with the supplier. The one thing I didn’t hear him talk about was the new scoop protector with better steel and the 3 “wings” on each scoop that seem to wrap around the bottom of the playfield. I wonder if the update kits will include that, or just the new guard.

#3122 2 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

A. Stern blue rubber fix
C. Cliffy/Mantis

I'm going with NinjaCamp first, then the Mantis, then the Cliffys. in that order until problem alleviated.

I've lived through some mylar nightmares on older playfields. I know it's a viable solution, but I'm man enough to admit that mylar still scares the bejeesus out of me.

#3123 2 years ago

Ordered the ninja full protection kit and im on sterns list. Also on cliffys list. So well see what works best! I havent had any issues yet but I dont have too many plays

#3124 2 years ago

While I’m pretty happy with mylar now, think of it this way… people will drop 65 bucks on a magnet, 100 on bulb covers, and who knows how much more on a topper. I’ll drop 50 bucks to try a scoop fix (ninjadude). I’ve wasted more money on stupider things. So why not give it a try.

I’ll definitely buy whatever Cliffy comes up with also. Trusted source right there.

But it isn’t like the game is rotting in its own urine right now. I’m playing the heck out of it!

#3125 2 years ago

Ordered the ninja, am on cliffy list, and emailed stern, so hopefully covered as best as I can be.

#3126 2 years ago

I just bought the Ninjacamp protector. It looks like it fits like a glove and it is made of a flexible rubber-like material. Definitely more elegant looking than Stern's that looks like it was cobbled together in someone's garage!

#3127 2 years ago

My hopes is that Cliff & Kerry can work together on the protector solution. A "double wammy" of sorts, that will use both of their products.

I really admire the 3D printed solution. I'm going to wait before ordering to see how that version holds up to game play.

#3128 2 years ago

Ordered the Ninja protector. Getting tired of waiting on Stern and removing the glass every few games to free the stuck ball. Stern crapped the bed on this deal and offered a ugly fix with the blue horse blinders

#3129 2 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

If they'd known about this issue up front I'm sure they could have designed the playfield+mech differently to help, but as is they need to come up with a fix that works with the existing hardware already out there

You mean in the design phase? Again, mando and GZ have similar scoops, many other games do too, what's different here besides the associated side scoop? I don't have a Rush game to see what's different, but the protector really should not be failing after 10-20 games and then causing the wood to chip out nearly immediately when it is removed. This game was not properly "play" tested and should not have been released until it was. The blue rubber blocks look awful, it's a half ass solution to an unnecessary problem. Fix the underlying issue rather than put a bandaid on it. GnR has those blue blocks on the center scoop, but they are set back and much smaller, you dont really notice them.

#3130 2 years ago

Upon further thought - I'm going to use the new Stern one as a last resort. Those blue pads are going to get ripped to shreds, the ball will slam the steel in back of it, and it also reduces the ball path so that is not a good fix, IMO. Luckily my current rev 2 is working like a charm and still looks great after 100's of plays.

#3131 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Those blue pads are going to get ripped to shreds,

Just because one guy posted a picture doesn’t mean that will happen. 5 games at Louisville had this fix, and none of them failed. Just needed a little cleanup with Novus 2 to make the pads look new again.

Quoted from Lermods:

Fix the underlying issue

I think they actually did. The new protector is a noticeably better grade of steel, and it has the 3 U-shaped tabs to secure it. I’m going to leave off the guard for a while and see how the new protector holds up by itself.

#3132 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Just because one guy posted a picture doesn’t mean that will happen. 5 games at Louisville had this fix, and none of them failed. Just needed a little cleanup with Novus 2 to make the pads look new again.

I think they actually did. The new protector is a noticeably better grade of steel, and it has the 3 U-shaped tabs to secure it. I’m going to leave off the guard for a while and see how the new protector holds up by itself.

that's good to know, but why are the blue blocks needed if that's the case? I ordered the ninjacamp protector and will probably buy what cliffy comes up with too.

#3133 2 years ago

I havn't seen pictures posted of the blue pads ripped to shreds, but the below post seems to indicate that has happened. It would seem to be too soon for a rev 3 fix to amass damage to the blinders, although they ARE going to take a beating! Did I just miss it, or am I misreading this post? (or did Swamp have as much difficulty with the quote function as I am now having!)

#3134 2 years ago

Stern has their fix. If you don't like it, just buy the Ninja protector or use some mylar and wait for Cliffy. Seems like a pretty simple decision tree...

#3135 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

that's good to know, but why are the blue blocks needed if that's the case?

I don’t know, belt and suspenders? Or maybe they realize that replacing a large protector might be too big a job for some owners.

#3136 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

that's good to know, but why are the blue blocks needed if that's the case?

I've already explained it to him once, but it bounced right off him like a steel ball off of a blue eraser. Again, the fugly blue blocks serve as a protector to the protector because Stern knows the protector will get peened to shit without it.

Quoted from swampfire:

I don’t know,

See above.

#3137 2 years ago

I’ll stop interrupting the Cassandras. Ya’ll have fun beating up good Stern engineers on Pinside, I’m going to go play my game.

Quoted from sudsy7:

I've already explained it to him once, but it bounced right off him like a steel ball off of a blue eraser

Sudsy, you’re all washed up. Add that to your arsenal of dumb metaphors and analogies.

#3138 2 years ago

I love stern, but engineering is gotta take their knocks with the blinders.

Just leaked, the moment the protector was dreamed up by the design team...

blinders.gifblinders.gif
#3139 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Sudsy, you’re all washed up. Add that to your arsenal of dumb metaphors and analogies

I like it when you downvote me. It's like a read receipt that I'm in your head.

#3140 2 years ago
Quoted from sudsy7:

I like it when you downvote me. It's like a read receipt that I'm in your head.

Glad I could make you happy, I didn’t think that was possible.

#3141 2 years ago

I don't mind Stern's fix, but that left pop bumper will be hurtling the ball right into that exposed metal plate and screws regularly, is that really ok or is that something to worry about?

STERN (resized).jpgSTERN (resized).jpg
#3142 2 years ago
Quoted from Reality_Studio:

I don't mind Stern's fix, but that left pop bumper will be hurtling the ball right into that exposed metal plate and screws regularly, is that really ok or is that something to worry about?
[quoted image]

Exactly one of my points. It’s not the greatest fix.

#3143 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Exactly one of my points. It’s not the greatest fix.

I don't think that specific thing will be a problem

#3144 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Again, mando and GZ have similar scoops

No, they don't. You'd know that if you owned the game or had looked at any pictures at all. They're not even remotely similar.

Quoted from Lermods:

This game was not properly "play" tested and should not have been released until it was.

Agreed. But since it wasn't, they obviously didn't "know about the issue up front", which is exactly what I said.

Quoted from Lermods:

Fix the underlying issue rather than put a bandaid on it

Which is... what? I'm not sure, all we have is conjecture. I'm sure Stern has a better understanding of the specifics of the metal, clear, wood, etc than we do

#3145 2 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Thank you!
Yeah the challenge with Sterns final fix is the fact that some existing games with v2 protectors are holding but getting beat up fast. Hoping their fix will fit over a cliffy or another protector long term.

And here's a pic of my pro scoop with roughly 375 home plays. Had to re-try to straighten it and re-apply tape so that the ball wouldn't get stuck again. I personally don't like the "1d10t sandwich" fix, but it's gotta be better than what I have right now, so hoping it's gonna get shipped soon. Also contemplating the ninja and cliffy fixes, hoping that some will be available in Allentown so I don't need to pay insane shipping costs to Canada...

rushscoop (resized).jpgrushscoop (resized).jpg
#3146 2 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

No, they don't. You'd know that if you owned the game or had looked at any pictures at all. They're not even remotely similar.

Agreed. But since it wasn't, they obviously didn't "know about the issue up front", which is exactly what I said.

Which is... what? I'm not sure, all we have is conjecture. I'm sure Stern has a better understanding of the specifics of the metal, clear, wood, etc than we do

Why is the scoop different on rush? Is there a reason it had to be different than gz and mando? Not remotely similar, that’s a bit of a stretch, look pretty similar.

We’re side shots into the scoop possible in the stock setup? Certainly not going to happen now.

#3147 2 years ago

LZ vs. Rush. I think the pads will hold up fine, but new ones are just $2 (+shipping).

31EB9923-8466-4B4B-86CB-96D9D46762A2 (resized).jpeg31EB9923-8466-4B4B-86CB-96D9D46762A2 (resized).jpeg
26113A05-517F-4FFA-A3D9-79FDDD99B6E6 (resized).jpeg26113A05-517F-4FFA-A3D9-79FDDD99B6E6 (resized).jpeg

#3148 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

LZ vs. Rush. I think the pads will hold up fine, but new ones are just $2 (+shipping).
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

how much is time and labor to replace since you'll have to take the whole guide out and they use loctite so you have to fiddle with breaking the screws loose without stripping them. changing them is a pita. And this is closer to the flippers in a high shot area. I dont think they meant for the scoop to be walled in....but they are just doing what they can as cheap as they can.

#3149 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Why is the scoop different on rush? Is there a reason it had to be different than gz and mando?
We’re side shots into the scoop possible in the stock setup? Certainly not going to happen now.

It's an under-playfield scoop, not a vuk. Completely different mech. Who knows if they could have used a deeper vuk with a subway to it instead given the spacing of things and the upper scoop, idk. I never really had any side shots on mine. If anything I expect the nubs will improve it by making front shots reject less

#3150 2 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

It's an under-playfield scoop, not a vuk. Completely different mech. Who knows if they could have used a deeper vuk with a subway to it instead given the spacing of things and the upper scoop, idk. I never really had any side shots on mine. If anything I expect the nubs will improve it by making front shots reject less

I mean...you'll get less roll ins so you'll get bounce rejected a lot

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

10,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tatamy, PA
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Lighting - Led
Gameroom Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 229.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

6,799 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sellersburg, IN
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
WilliPinball Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Pyramid Pinball & Arcade

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 17,895 posts in this topic. You are on page 63 of 358.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1/page/63?hl=aniraf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.