IMG_6410 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2562 (resized).jpg
IMG_2578 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2574 (resized).jpeg
20240322_163542 (resized).jpg
20240322_163631 (resized).jpg
20240319_194137 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,881 posts in this topic. You are on page 62 of 358.
#3051 2 years ago
Quoted from sudsy7:

Aniraf's non-metal solution may be the game changer when all is said and done.

I couldn’t agree more! My premium will be equipped with this TPU protector! Metal is strong and has been used for years around scoop holes. Metal is also malleable and will conform as it’s being hit and retain its new shape, but plastic, if it can withstand the hits, will also move , but has the ability to go back to its original shape. Too soon to tell, but I like it! Thank you for your efforts!

#3052 2 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

...As for the patent, the process is potentially unique. I cannot tell you if it will stick or not, but it is in progress...

My patent supposedly cost between 50K-70K and took about 5 years to get. I doubt you'd make any money from it, plus there's ways to skirt around it (I'm not an attorney, your mileage may vary).

My last one was decided to be dropped during the investigation process, so money spent with no return.

But a patent plaque hanging on the wall looks really cool and is fun bragging rights!

#3053 2 years ago

Anyone hear from a distributor or Stern.. on when the expression lighting will be available for PREMIUM/PROS?

#3055 2 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

Does anyone know how to remove the time machine? I'm trying to add a play field protector. The manual shows that it screwed from underneath. But there are no screws under there that I see.

From a quick glance a few weeks ago I believe the plastics around the TM must be removed to expose the TM mounting screws....

#3056 2 years ago

Curious question to long time pinball owners.
Has anyone ever put a thin coat of water based polyurethane or tried a thin coat of clear flex seal (liquid rubber)
On the inner non painted wood parts of a scoop?

#3057 2 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

From a quick glance a few weeks ago I believe the plastics around the TM must be removed to expose the TM mounting screws....

My problem is getting the Time Machine Plastic off. Page 52 of the manual. https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/Rush_LE_Pre_web.pdf

#3058 2 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

Rayday also mentioned during that stream that they are doing something in a future code update to address the long ball times.

killing power to the flippers after a 3 minute long ball?

#3059 2 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

My problem is getting the Time Machine Plastic off. Page 52 of the manual. https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/Rush_LE_Pre_web.pdf

Av8 the (4) #6 x3/8" T25 screws (listed in the BOM as part no. 2) are not accessible from the underside of the playfield?

#3060 2 years ago
Quoted from J-drum11:

Has anyone ever put a thin coat of water based polyurethane or tried a thin coat of clear flex seal (liquid rubber)

I have a friend who swears by this stuff:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0046MLZLG

#3061 2 years ago

Was having a look at the new Cliffy protectors and noticed how out of alignment the auto plunge looked with the lane.

I've attached a similar pic of a Godzilla plunge to compare ( bottom ).

Given that quite a few people seem to be having problems with the shooter lane etc, was wondering if this is the issue and is it possible to re-align it ?

( I'll apologise now for lifting the photos straight off Cliff's site, they were just good examples to reference ).

Screenshot 2022-03-17 at 17.06.18 (resized).pngScreenshot 2022-03-17 at 17.06.18 (resized).pngScreenshot 2022-03-17 at 17.07.18 (resized).pngScreenshot 2022-03-17 at 17.07.18 (resized).png
#3062 2 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

I didn't clarify enough: the playfield plastics around the Time Machine looked like they need to be removed to access the TM, not the plastic covering on the TM itself.....

#3063 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I have a friend who swears by this stuff:
amazon.com link »

I’ve heard of it
Never tried it but was also wondering about the other products.
I was trying to come up with a better scoop protection product while in Home Depot.
I’m going to try some sample pieces of wood for a week or two

#3064 2 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

New in my Pinside shop:
From the (not-so) brilliant mind of Slobovich, Music Agent for RASH, comes the world's greatest musical invention: The GeFilter!!! A wondrous Time Machine to transport your musicians across the spectrum of Time!!!
The GeFilter plate is multi-color 3D printed and backed with magnetic strips for easy mounting and removal.
Two versions are available: Standard and LE.
The Standard version features the GeFilter logo on a black backing plate.
The LE version can be personalized to match the number for your RUSH LE pinball. Once your order for an LE version is placed I will reach out and contact you to get your desired number. Then your LE version will be custom made. Due to the custom versions being made to order please allow a few days for these to ship.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1227-willipinball-mods/06609-rush-gefilter-plate-standard-or-le
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Very cool.. $25 to Canada though ouch

#3065 2 years ago
Quoted from J-drum11:

Just use mylar

#3066 2 years ago

Have to say, this is one of the nicest mods I have purchased previously. The Dalmatian looks like it was hand painted, very nice quality! Looks great on the playfield with the clock on the left side to offset it. Highly recommended!

4A35A836-48C0-4A21-A865-18A32743C009 (resized).jpeg4A35A836-48C0-4A21-A865-18A32743C009 (resized).jpeg4A4D89F9-6645-4C85-A775-A2A04BE47B06 (resized).jpeg4A4D89F9-6645-4C85-A775-A2A04BE47B06 (resized).jpeg

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#3067 2 years ago

I do. I never used a metal protector on any of my scoops and never had an issue.
Was just looking for new options

#3068 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Have to say, this is one of the nicest mods I have purchased previously. The Dalmatian looks like it was hand painted, very nice quality! Looks great on the playfield with the clock on the left side to offset it. Highly recommended!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks very much for posting this! I can't take credit for the dogs themselves, they're pre-manufactured (as described in the listing) but you're right -- they are VERY nice, and I assessed a couple different pre-mfd dalmatian variants before selecting this one based on quality and pose/position.

Thanks also for the pre-approval-via-PM-to-post this critique (so it doesn't look like I'm "calling you out" per se, lol) -- as this will help others who have purchased or will purchase this mod -- the installation shown in those pics needs some adjustment. The hydrant should face the other way (with the large outlet/cap facing the player), and I designed the mount with clearance for the lobe to go UNDER it. This will hide the lobe itself, and also eliminates that gap below the hydrant (since it will sit "in" the mount, below the top surface).

For those who intend to install this mod, here are the installation instructions:

#3069 2 years ago
Quoted from kool1:

Oops!! Pinside used my shop defaults!! It's been corrected, $16 to International including Canada. The last small 1st class package I shipped to Canada was just under that.

I've also refunded the overage to existing orders!!

Sorry about that!!

#3070 2 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Ball times are really too long. Farcry MB is activated too much. Bastille Day too much. Mystery too much. I've kind of chilled out on playing until code is flushed out.
[quoted image]

I second this. Absolutely loving it, but obscenely long ball times and I'm a crappy player. Will be increasing the difficulty settings on my LE.

#3071 2 years ago
Quoted from kool1:

Just use Shippsy, a lot cheaper! Will be brought to Mississauga for $7CDN.

#3072 2 years ago
Quoted from ian866:

Was having a look at the new Cliffy protectors and noticed how out of alignment the auto plunge looked with the lane.
Given that quite a few people seem to be having problems with the shooter lane etc, was wondering if this is the issue and is it possible to re-align it ?
( I'll apologise now for lifting the photos straight off Cliff's site, they were just good examples to reference ).

Cliffy has a shooter lane protector out already?

#3073 2 years ago
Quoted from ian866:

The playfields have some wiggle room left abd right. Can u just bump it over a bit?

#3074 2 years ago

It’s hard to get mylar to stick to end grain. It might work once you make it less porous.

#3075 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Cliffy has a shooter lane protector out already?

Not quite, it's probably available very soon ( hopefully ), contact him and ask to be put on the list.

#3076 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

The playfields have some wiggle room left abd right. Can u just bump it over a bit?

Not my game, was just referencing it as it looked to be so mis-aligned and wondered if it was the reason behind a few issues people seem to be having. Looks like it needs to be rotated rather than moved over ?

#3077 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

It’s hard to get mylar to stick to end grain. It might work once you make it less porous.

You just wrap it around -- outlined a method a couple of times if you look at my earlier posts.

#3078 2 years ago
Quoted from J-drum11:

I have used clear 2 part epoxy on exposed bare wood. I have not done this to Rush but I used it on the Hobbit where the wood started to get eaten up.

#3079 2 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

I didn't clarify enough: the playfield plastics around the Time Machine looked like they need to be removed to access the TM, not the plastic covering on the TM itself.....

So I did not have remove TM. I was able to slide the Playfield protector underneath the trough reflector in the back.
20220317_151450 (resized).jpg20220317_151450 (resized).jpg

20220317_151503 (resized).jpg20220317_151503 (resized).jpg20220317_160032 (resized).jpg20220317_160032 (resized).jpg20220317_160044 (resized).jpg20220317_160044 (resized).jpg

They last shot is with the Playfield Protector installed. Now to install the ramps.

#3080 2 years ago

I know most of us are all talking about, mods, and scoop protection but, I have to say, this game is incredibly fun!
I have a 130 games on my LE now and enjoying it the more I play it.
The multi balls with music and lights are some of the best I’ve ever played from any pinball machine.
Extremely happy with my purchase.
Still holding out to actually review.
I know stern will tweak the code a couple more times.

#3081 2 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

I second this. Absolutely loving it, but obscenely long ball times and I'm a crappy player. Will be increasing the difficulty settings on my LE.

Just start by opening the outlane posts (just like how the initial Pro's were shipped)...

As my pro can be an outlane drain monster (especially on the left side), I was thinking of closing the posts, but after seeing your comments, I guess I'll just need to improve with the current settings.

I find that with the 0.90 code, other than far cry and the 1st time machine MB, the other MB's are not that easy to get. In addition, it takes way more shots to finish Working Man.

As soon as Scoop-gate is fixed, and that the code hits 1.x, this game will get so much more love and appreciation...

#3082 2 years ago
Quoted from J-drum11:

I've done a bit of scoop hole damage repair. If the damage is bad the inside of the hole can be somewhat soft and powdery. Use a Dremel to remove the pulpy wood. Then paint the exposed wood inside the hole with several coats of very thin CA glue before continuing the repair. This really helps harden that soft, exposed bare wood. With little or no damage to the hole, you can skip the sanding and just apply the CA glue.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#3084 2 years ago

or :-

#3085 2 years ago

It's a shame that the blue "horse blinders" is the final fix for the scoop.

#3086 2 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Maybe Stern considers it their final one but there are at least three other options from mod makers in the works.

#3087 2 years ago

I watched the interview with the lead mechanical engineer on MarcoTV. I kind of agree with him - I’m finding that shot easier to hit with the blue pads. I’m sure the mod makers will come up with something to make it look better. But like I said, I don’t mind the look.

#3088 2 years ago

Here’s my ball launch issue. Maybe it’s yours too. The left guide bows out into the shooter lane throwing the ball off path immediately. There’s no real way to adjust this due to it butting up again at the hex posts. WTH Stern?

02729817-6222-4DDF-84AE-37A4416F67F0 (resized).jpeg02729817-6222-4DDF-84AE-37A4416F67F0 (resized).jpeg
#3089 2 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

the blue "horse blinders" is the final fix for the scoop.

You almost made me spill my St Pattys beer!!
Enjoy a game or three tonight!
AC548FE8-53C1-42B4-9F02-C99F9D2F02EC (resized).jpegAC548FE8-53C1-42B4-9F02-C99F9D2F02EC (resized).jpeg

#3090 2 years ago

Where can I obtain a Stern headphone adapter? Seems they are out of stock at the Stern store.

#3091 2 years ago
Quoted from jonboy71:

Where can I obtain a Stern headphone adapter? Seems they are out of stock at the Stern store.

Marco has them.
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/502-7008-00

Non brand Spike 2 at Pinball Life works too.
https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-spike-2-headphone-jack-assembly.html

#3094 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Mine should be here tmrw along with presto. With the barchetta in the upper left, this game will look great!

#3095 2 years ago

Any tips for shooting the RUSH targets? What’s folks preferred approach? Very difficult from a trap. Anyone find a good safe rebound shot instead to make them maybe?

#3096 2 years ago

This is a fantastic solution! Just bought one. Hookup was simple and the sound is amazing. Love the mute button, and the ease of volume control. Also hooked up a subwoofer off this setup and it has changed the experience!

#3097 2 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

It's a joke that this is this is called the final fix, because it really isn't a fix at all. I felt like Baghdad Bob was telling me that everything is great, meanwhile bombs were exploding right behind him. Everyone knows that this is a cover story.

Fortunately, we won't have to live with this kluge job thanks to the ingenuity of Aniraf and others. Maybe Blue Ears can be incorporated into a future Stern release of Blue Man Group or The Smurfs.

#3098 2 years ago
Quoted from jonboy71:

Pinsound has one also. Mine showed up today so I’ll test it out this weekend!

#3099 2 years ago

I see rush debuted at #2, wonder how long before the 2 and 3 point reviews come in. Way too early to be rated so highly, but it is damn good so far.

#3100 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I see rush debuted at #2, wonder how long before the 2 and 3 point reviews come in. Way too early to be rated so highly, but it is damn good so far.

Technically the Pro debuted at like 117 or something so figure it has a good chance to settle somewhere in between

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
WilliPinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 194.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Pyramid Pinball & Arcade

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 16.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lermods

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Blaine, WASHINGTON
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

There are 17,881 posts in this topic. You are on page 62 of 358.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1/page/62?hl=hawknole and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.