IMG_1835 (resized).jpg
E30FFB34-8AF2-40ED-9585-9525D00E729D (resized).jpeg
A45D6092-976D-4CB0-9989-5E88FA631CB1 (resized).jpeg
DA94CC89-A7D5-4B31-A9C0-23854E5B18E8 (resized).jpeg
98B1DFA4-3C0F-4397-931A-710FE4C91E96 (resized).png
E89C27AB-18CE-4664-B89B-8C0968E9A3FE (resized).jpeg
440D15FD-532A-43F1-A632-0D5C7717682F (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

22 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8,958 posts in this topic. You are on page 61 of 180.
#3001 5 months ago

At this time
I’m just excited once I get my Rush, it will
Be playable.

As for the scoop
I’d like to first get a few dozen games in on the current Stern fix (tho I keep hearing Marge “hm”)
Then receive Cliffy’s fix which I expect will be clean and permanent.

Great to see ideas and alternatives/solutions all around. The community is really stepping up with mods, protectors and new innovations

For now, I shall wait for my Rush Prem and Marge
8EA8DD3A-E27E-4556-8A12-5CFA5B658FEC (resized).jpeg

#3002 5 months ago

I think I finally resolved my issue with the lights going out and the flippers dying.

At PinMonk's suggestion, I unplugged the CN15 connector on Node board 8, which is the lower playfield lights. By disconnecting wires to the plug and only running one color of lights at a time I narrowed it down to the red lights. I then inspected all of the sockets and red bulbs on the lower playfield. That turned up nothing. But to get to the last two I had to remove the flipper mechs. When I did, I noticed this tiny nick in the insulation of the wire leading to the red bulb under the right flipper mech. It was from where it had been pinched the metal edge of the mech being installed. My eyes aren't good enough to see if the cover was cut all the way through, but it looked like it could be enough to be causing the short, so I covered the wire and put a strip of duct tape along the metal edge of the flipper mech.

I then played a quick game with no issues.
My next game was epic (for me) and went about 30 minutes. Like someone else noted on here, it seemed to happen a lot during multi-balls. For me, Headlong Flight was always a killer (I guess because there's a lot of red lights). On this game I got every multi-ball and Headlong Flight twice with no issues. No dead flippers. No loss of lights. New high score.

Of course, two games isn't a solid test, but its the longest I've been able to keep the machine running since I unboxed it three weeks ago.

IMG_20220315_191748712~2 (resized).jpg
#3003 5 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

This is hilariously naive.

You sound like a real wanker

#3004 5 months ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

nice will it come in purple ?

Yeah, actually as part of this whole concept I loved the fact that we could get custom colors for all of our protective needs. Nobody was making colored scoop protectors or glow in the dark shit. I thought it could be really fun. In order to measure interest I capped it to the two colors for right now but I don't see that being a hard cap.

#3005 5 months ago
Quoted from sudsy7:

...and that's TPU? It looks like brushed steel.

This one was printed on a smooth sheet and it is actually that same black material as the production one I pictured. Ultimately the textured sheet seemed to produce a better feel so we went with that. The texture is 100% aesthetic so there is no impact to the way it played, the part itself just looked better I thought.

#3006 5 months ago

Would love to see one in play and fully installed.
Videos and pics.
Before and after pics at the location.

Interesting idea, with potential

Quoted from Aniraf:

Yeah, actually as part of this whole concept I loved the fact that we could get custom colors for all of our protective needs. Nobody was making colored scoop protectors or glow in the dark shit. I thought it could be really fun. In order to measure interest I capped it to the two colors for right now but I don't see that being a hard cap.

#3007 5 months ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

Would love to see one in play and fully installed.
Videos and pics.
Before and after pics at the location.
Interesting idea, with potential

The installation is pretty easy...I don't know if it will need a video, but I'll think about it . I usually like to write things up.

Video and pictures of play would be good...I'll grab some of those. Well, I guess videos...I don't know how to take pictures of play .

Before and after...are you thinking take it off and show what the wood looked like before and after? If so, I could totally do that but the only machine we have in public without a destroyed scoop hole is mine, and it gets like ~10 plays a day. I grabbed pictures before I installed it, so potentially I could wait another week or so then take it off and show you that one. I did investigate it just the other day and it is still perfect. Also I've sat there and just bashed that shot over and over which is a little different than "standard play".

#3008 5 months ago
Quoted from gandamack:

The visual doesn't disappoint, either. I'm full package.

#3009 5 months ago
Quoted from Photopin:

I think I finally resolved my issue with the lights going out and the flippers dying.

This is great news. Glad you seem to be up and running again.

Now that you've been made an accidental expert on tracking down this particular issue, I'm deputizing you to help others that come along with the same problem. It's frustrating the first time when you don't know how to diagnose and find the problem, but once you've got it, you got it.
deputy-badge-pinside.png

#3010 5 months ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Same! Especially when the move puts the wheels over the edge to bottom out the hand truck so it won't move. I was almost ready to catch it.

This is too funny.... as mine hit the ground, it tipped about 35 degrees to the dark side..... Not us

Quoted from PinMonk:

Stern does their versions, which are essentially worse than anything of his they're copying, but yeah, if you run into him or talk on the phone and have a half hour, ask Cliff about it. He has a right to be pissed. It wasn't and isn't cool.

It makes me so happy that even though this happened, that Stern still can't get it right, and we all can still rely on Cliff to get it right. Been buying/using/recommending his products for many years, can't think of a single thing I am not thrilled with. My Rush LE is staying in the box until I receive his protectors.

#3011 5 months ago
Quoted from Photopin:

At PinMonk's suggestion, I unplugged the CN15 connector on Node board 8, which is the lower playfield lights. By disconnecting wires to the plug and only running one color of lights at a time I narrowed it down to the red lights. I then inspected all of the sockets and red bulbs on the lower playfield. That turned up nothing. But to get to the last two I had to remove the flipper mechs. When I did, I noticed this tiny nick in the insulation of the wire leading to the red bulb under the right flipper mech. It was from where it had been pinched the metal edge of the mech being installed. My eyes aren't good enough to see if the cover was cut all the way through, but it looked like it could be enough to be causing the short, so I covered the wire and put a strip of duct tape along the metal edge of the flipper mech.
My next game was epic (for me) and went about 30 minutes. Like someone else noted on here, it seemed to happen a lot during multi-balls. For me, Headlong Flight was always a killer (I guess because there's a lot of red lights). On this game I got every multi-ball and Headlong Flight twice with no issues. No dead flippers. No loss of lights. New high score.
Of course, two games isn't a solid test, but its the longest I've been able to keep the machine running since I unboxed it three weeks ago.
[quoted image]

Had the EXACT same thing on my jp pro!

#3012 5 months ago
Quoted from gandamack:

And you sound like someone who enjoys stirring up shit.

#3013 5 months ago

555D6303-3019-4BC3-B3B1-1C4B3E6EDD02.gif
#3014 5 months ago
Quoted from Vino:

[quoted image]

I mean, for all I know PinMonk is a wanker, but he’s OUR wanker. And besides, what’s wrong with wanking?

#3015 5 months ago
Quoted from swampfire:

And besides, what’s wrong with wanking?

I agree!
9CFF8210-8696-4500-B343-63EAA9175EC1 (resized).jpeg

#3016 5 months ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Our engineering team has has also discovered that premium/LE versions of the game may have an additional metal bracket on the underside. We've developed this solution for both configurations, however we would prefer to know as we can slightly tweak the part to
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I posted in the wrong thread earlier. Wondering about the additional bracket on the underside of my LE scoop? Not sure if this is it?

B6E65BDA-6511-4C89-9AA4-7A3CE0C1E261 (resized).jpeg
#3017 5 months ago
Quoted from jpc211245:

I posted in the wrong thread earlier. Wondering about the additional bracket on the underside of my LE scoop? Not sure if this is it?
[quoted image]

I’ll get a picture later tonight and I’ll post asap!

#3018 5 months ago

I know it’s been brought up but,
Is there a reason why stern doesn’t have the side scoop ball lock turned on as a factory setting?

#3019 5 months ago
Quoted from J-drum11:

I know it’s been brought up but,
Is there a reason why stern doesn’t have the side scoop ball lock as a factory setting?

We don't know. I asked Rayday live, he didn't address it. I'll ask again when I get a chance.

#3020 5 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

We don't know. I asked Rayday live, he didn't address it. I'll ask again when I get a chance.

I mean it does make sense but, I do notice at times the balls will sit down under and the game will kind of pause for awhile before releasing. Maybe has to be set up better with a future code update first?

#3021 5 months ago
Quoted from J-drum11:

I mean it does make sense but, I do notice at times the balls will sit down under and the game will kind of pause for awhile before releasing. Maybe has to be set up better with a future code update first?

I've had it hold back up to 2 balls in there during multiball for a while. I speculated in the temp test post it may have been an attempt to manage coil temps a little better in multiball.

Or it may just be code gaps. Dunno.

#3022 5 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I've had it hold back up to 2 balls in there during multiball for a while. I speculated in the temp test post it may have been an attempt to manage coil temps a little better in multiball.
Or it may just be code gaps. Dunno.

Guess I’ll shut if off in the meantime til they work it in the code more

#3023 5 months ago
Quoted from J-drum11:

Guess I’ll shut if off in the meantime til they work it in the code more

Just asked and got a direct answer from ray about the scoop physical lock being off by default:
"You’ll just have to wait… and see. In the meantime we can’t recommend it be turned on and thus it is not on by default."

So there you go. Maybe related to the machine losing the ball in one of the multiballs when the physical lock's on that has been reported...

#3024 5 months ago

Great news- Cliffy’s protectors are in testing.
http://www.passionforpinball.com/wip.htm

#3025 5 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Just asked and got a direct answer from ray about the scoop physical lock being off by default:
"You’ll just have to wait… and see. In the meantime we can’t recommend it be turned on and thus it is not on by default."
So there you go. Maybe related to the machine losing the ball in one of the multiballs when the physical lock's on that has been reported...

Thank you

#3026 5 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Weird, it seems to work fine in 0.90. But I’m happy that there’s even more to come.

#3027 5 months ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Weird, it seems to work fine in 0.90. But I’m happy that there’s even more to come.

The incident seems to be very specific. Maybe you just haven't run across it yet...

#3028 5 months ago

Rayday also mentioned during that stream that they are doing something in a future code update to address the long ball times. Hmmm…

Still planning on moving my outposts up a notch - waiting for my Pinmonk owl eye and color mode brackets to arrive and will spend an evening under the hood.

#3029 5 months ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

Rayday also mentioned during that stream that they are doing something in a future code update to address the long ball times. Hmmm…

Software update to move everyone’s outlane posts up? If only! I checked audits after the LAX show and there were just 9 right outlane drains, which seems insane. That one definitely needs to get moved up.

#3030 5 months ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Software update to move everyone’s outlane posts up? If only! I checked audits after the LAX show and there were just 9 right outlane drains, which seems insane. That one definitely needs to get moved up.

I raised my left one up a notch the same day 9.0 was released. That alone lowered my scores and playing time.
Eventually I’ll get around to raising the right
That should really make a difference since balls already go out there off the drop targets

#3031 5 months ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Hey everyone, I wanted to announce a new option to fix your scoops and protect your delicate parts...the "Rush TPU Scoop Protector" is real! Using NinjaCamp's "near-patent pending" technology we've been able to create what I believe is the ultimate fix for our scoop issues. Why is it the ultimate you ask? (I'm glad you asked) There are a couple of reasons:
1) Easy to install
2) No metal on metal
2) Excellent protection
4) Color choices!
Unlike traditional protectors, the TPU version will not cause additional wear to the ball, nor will the protector develop any ugly "wear spots" over time. Furthermore NinjaCamp's process allows for a paper thin top-side edge which improves the overall performance of the scoop. Don't believe me?? Well, first, go fuck yourself and second...just kidding about the first thing. In all seriousness, we've been testing these protectors in two locations for over three weeks with thousands of plays and zero issues! I'll also mention that the solution is aesthetically pleasing. We teamed up with Outpost Kodelia's amazing design team to produce a part so perfect that the "tuning fork" sound from the factory scoop is still in tact.
We will be selling this solution in two versions, full and partial protection. This allows for owners to decide if they wish to improve the front facing (extremely problematic) protector or both protectors using the same solution. Our engineering team has has also discovered that premium/LE versions of the game may have an additional metal bracket on the underside. We've developed this solution for both configurations, however we would prefer to know as we can slightly tweak the part to ensure a perfect fit.
I've attached a couple of pictures of the protector in "Ghost Rider Grey" and "Bastille Day Black". These should wet your appetite while we configure the store and finalize the details. Partial protection will cost $30 whereas the full protection will be $55. I highly recommend the full protection because it looks and works so awesome! Everything will be listed on Pinside (sales support these forums) and available to ship globally starting next week.
Lastly:
A little bit about NinjaCamp: NinjaCamp, entered into the mod business around the time that Rick and Morty was ending the production run. There were some problems to solve, including a very similar TPU portal protector (https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1326-ninjacamp-mods/05107-rick-and-morty-tpu-portal-protector). We've had fantastic success with that part and subsequently have literally worked to patent the process of producing 3D printed TPU protectors. The quality and fit are amazing! You can read a little more about us on this thread https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ninjacamp-mods. I encourage you to post questions there or PM me directly so that we don't clog up this thread too much, but hell...it is a forum so do whatever you like .
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow u 3D printed a scoop?

#3032 5 months ago
Quoted from swampfire:

It was actually game times, not ball times. Maybe they are just going to turn it into a 2 ball game by default

He also didn’t specifically mention it was code.

A63B01BD-0CF3-4F1B-8D83-6F85CBD2D1EA (resized).jpeg
#3033 5 months ago

Opened mine up today. Wow this is gorgeous in person. The shots are absolutely a blast. I will say this is Borgs crowning achievement in terms of flow and shot geometry. The best spinner in Pinball. Beautiful 123 combos. Ramp diverter changes the flow and game. Ray crushed the rules so far. U don't feel disappointed afterwards like you failed aka Avengers. My kids love it.

Now about the sound settings? LE has quality speakers. But the cabinet bass is missing.

20220316_213001 (resized).jpg
#3034 5 months ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

My friend gave me these settings for Godzilla LE, so I tried them on Rush LE. Try them & see what you think. For me, the treble was a tad high & the bass a tad low…so I adjusted those to taste after doing this.
Also with these settings, I brought bothmusic & voice attenuation to -10…which mellows out the sound FX a bit. Maybe too much. I might go -5. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Does this setting fix the sound?

#3035 5 months ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

I’ll get a picture later tonight and I’ll post asap!

Looks like a creative design. I could be interested. Also, like everyone else, I’m watching for a cliffy metal design. Mylar is holding up on my pro. But it isnt on location. And I’d prefer a more permanent fix.

Suggestion RE the ninjaflex scoop: If you want to cut down on shipping costs, etc… license the STL so we can print it ourselves. That would reduce manufacturing costs. And we can all buy it through Cults. Easy stuff!

Thanks for trying to solve the problem! It is good to have options!

#3036 5 months ago
Quoted from Reality_Studio:

Looks interesting, do you have pictures of it after those thousands of plays? Curious how it's stood up.

Million dollar question

#3037 5 months ago
Quoted from Av8:

Wow u 3D printed a scoop?

Not the full scoop, just the protector around the front.

#3038 5 months ago
Quoted from kool1:

Million dollar question

I showed the original test version (which has been running the longest in a very busy public place) on this post https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1/page/60#post-6833448. It looks slightly different because of the style of print and the prior damage to the scoop. I’ve had people ask and this style may be an option should people prefer it. Currently I am trying to limit the number of SKUs to something which could be rapidly fulfilled so that people can start getting these as soon as next weekend.

#3039 5 months ago
Quoted from jid:

Looks like a creative design. I could be interested. Also, like everyone else, I’m watching for a cliffy metal design. Mylar is holding up on my pro. But it isnt on location. And I’d prefer a more permanent fix.
Suggestion RE the ninjaflex scoop: If you want to cut down on shipping costs, etc… license the STL so we can print it ourselves. That would reduce manufacturing costs. And we can all buy it through Cults. Easy stuff!
Thanks for trying to solve the problem! It is good to have options!

I am all about handing out .stl files, but the more complex TPU designs are getting tricky. They require special materials and process to ensure they come out perfectly. All of that stuff is considered a “trade secret” and I would like to protect it from large companies which could rapidly produce these parts.

Like I said earlier, none of my attempt to patent the process or charge for the design is centered around screwing the community. It is only about making sure that what I consider an evolutionary manufacturing technique is protected from the big boys.

I hope that makes sense to everyone. If you want to wait a bit before buying one I may be able to do a non-commercial license like some of my other products.

#3040 5 months ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

It was actually game times, not ball times. Maybe they are just going to turn it into a 2 ball game by default
He also didn’t specifically mention it was code.
[quoted image]

Ball times are really too long. Farcry MB is activated too much. Bastille Day too much. Mystery too much. I've kind of chilled out on playing until code is flushed out.

its-too-much-seinfeld-kramer.gif
#3041 5 months ago
Quoted from Av8:

Opened mine up today. Wow this is gorgeous in person. The shots are absolutely a blast.

Wait, you have your playfield protector installed already?

#3042 5 months ago
Quoted from mIkea:

http://www.passionforpinball.com/wip.htm

These look great. Good job Cliffy.

#3043 5 months ago
Quoted from mIkea:

Yeah, but Cliffy is not fully satisfied with how the front scoop is holding up. This scoop takes a beating that only a Mantis-style protector can take, but Aniraf's non-metal solution may be the game changer when all is said and done.

#3044 5 months ago
Quoted from Photopin:

[quoted image]

Don’t know which is more impressive: you found that nick, or you got all the multiballs! Solid job on both!

#3045 5 months ago
Quoted from jpc211245:

[quoted image]

It’s basic function looks to be as a giant washer/spacer. It allows the lower scoop mech to mount lower than the side scoop mech, allowing the balls to travel from the side mech to the lower mech easier. When I sent this bracket off to Mantis to help him design a scoop protector I just used a bunch of fender washers in it’s place, which were a bit of a hassle to install. After that I could understand why Stern used this bracket instead of just washers for ease of assembly.

#3046 5 months ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

I am all about handing out .stl files, but the more complex TPU designs are getting tricky. They require special materials and process to ensure they come out perfectly. All of that stuff is considered a “trade secret” and I would like to protect it from large companies which could rapidly produce these parts.
Like I said earlier, none of my attempt to patent the process or charge for the design is centered around screwing the community. It is only about making sure that what I consider an evolutionary manufacturing technique is protected from the big boys.
I hope that makes sense to everyone. If you want to wait a bit before buying one I may be able to do a non-commercial license like some of my other products.

I can’t think of anything in 3D printing post processing that is patentable. You print TPU and then you post process it. If your post-processing includes sanding, or even animal sacrifice, it is still just post processing the print. I’m starting to lose credibility in your idea when you call it an evolutionarily manufacturing technique. Designing and printing takes time. And the rolls of ninjaflex cost something. But at the end of the day, it sounds like you printed a model you designed and then you did something to it. That’s great! It doesn’t mean that it is any harder than anything else to print and post process.

#3047 5 months ago

Aniraf i think it is great that you are trying a new approach to solve this problem. I for one would love to try it. It is people like you that continue to amaze me with the talent pool in this community. Thanks for trying to pave the way for us.

#3049 5 months ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Ball times are really too long. Farcry MB is activated too much. Bastille Day too much. Mystery too much. I've kind of chilled out on playing until code is flushed out.
[quoted image]

Set the outlane posts all the way up. Put the smaller mini-post rubbers on the posts, or better yet, take them off on the post between the inlane/outlane. Set ball save to 5 seconds. Set all the multiball ball saves to the lowest times possible. Set all the multiballs to hard. Turn off extra balls.

You can make this game as hard as you want in the adjustments as well as moving the posts and changing the rubber rings or eliminating them.

#3050 5 months ago

New in my Pinside shop:

From the (not-so) brilliant mind of Slobovich, Music Agent for RASH, comes the world's greatest musical invention: The GeFilter!!! A wondrous Time Machine to transport your musicians across the spectrum of Time!!!

The GeFilter plate is multi-color 3D printed and backed with magnetic strips for easy mounting and removal.

Two versions are available: Standard and LE.

The Standard version features the GeFilter logo on a black backing plate.

The LE version can be personalized to match the number for your RUSH LE pinball. Once your order for an LE version is placed I will reach out and contact you to get your desired number. Then your LE version will be custom made. Due to the custom versions being made to order please allow a few days for these to ship.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1227-willipinball-mods/06609-rush-gefilter-plate-standard-or-le
14D7A569-83CF-47B5-9578-E78860915EC0.jpeg3AD2EE38-48E2-4845-8470-DEBF2B51EFB1.jpeg985BF16C-CBDB-4A03-B182-2D33E0CC7488.jpegA2D2006B-39F7-4F9D-A55A-EF4AD53CFE98.jpeg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newbury, OH
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 27.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Machine - For Sale
San Diego , CA
There are 8,958 posts in this topic. You are on page 61 of 180.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!