20240410_181338 (resized).jpg
IMG_1438 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240407_184826850.MP.jpg
IMG_5558 (resized).jpeg
PNG image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6461 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,890 posts in this topic. You are on page 60 of 358.
#2951 2 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Would be so cool to be able to see the ball in there and I'm sad that I can't.

as stevie richie once said "play taller!"

#2952 2 years ago

Stern tests each game.

That's why you see weird total plays guys.

Same as always.

Most all Stern come with a few test games at the factory, then they reset total plays back to zero

Lifetime plays will show a few more plays vs total plays.

#2953 2 years ago

Can we talk about how awesome and beautiful the drum-clock and time machine are? The drum is built like it’s going to space. I just removed mine for cleaning and waxing the PF. The Time Machine sculpt is beautiful, and the magnet works way better than the one I had on LOTR (which I sold for Rush).

08CF706B-137C-45C4-AF77-B9D5E76D164C (resized).jpeg08CF706B-137C-45C4-AF77-B9D5E76D164C (resized).jpeg745DFDCC-3366-4FA9-A8EF-2753A2FB4FED (resized).jpeg745DFDCC-3366-4FA9-A8EF-2753A2FB4FED (resized).jpeg1752FA8F-7DBB-4740-B228-E61F0B1DB645 (resized).jpeg1752FA8F-7DBB-4740-B228-E61F0B1DB645 (resized).jpeg

#2954 2 years ago
Quoted from turbo2nr:

Stern tests each game.
That's why you see weird total plays guys.
Same as always.
Most all Stern come with a few test games at the factory, then they reset total plays back to zero
Lifetime plays will show a few more plays vs total plays.

This is understood. I'm raising this question because the delta was only 1 when I first got the game, and stayed that way through the first 100 or so plays (last time I'd checked the audits). Now, inexplicably, the delta is 7, so I'm wondering if something in the latest code update made it change that for some reason.

#2955 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I have physical locks enabled and gotten Far Cry MB dozens of times without a ball search. Very cool that the Pre/LE ejects balls from both scoops.

I've only had the problem when 1 ball locks and then I drain BEFORE Far Cry MB. Will have to check in to this more if others are not reporting the same issue.

#2956 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I asked Rayday in chat on one of the live streams he was offering tips on and no answer. So, that's not good.

Scoop has been a real downer for this game.

It was hot on my wish list, but it was supposed to be a positive feature and its anything but!

Gonna wait to see how the game is after next few updates.

#2957 2 years ago

I think there are more changes than just the new bottom scoop bracket. The protectors now have tabs on 3 sides that go all the way under and around the playfield. Can someone with an older LE tell me if this looks different than their scoops?

Bottom scoop:
F488471E-1826-4103-8A77-ACC7FABD8DB4 (resized).jpegF488471E-1826-4103-8A77-ACC7FABD8DB4 (resized).jpeg

89C42B0A-DDD8-4277-9028-5C99D9E61EE9 (resized).jpeg89C42B0A-DDD8-4277-9028-5C99D9E61EE9 (resized).jpeg

Top scoop:

B4E0730C-DE6B-4756-A4F1-ACCAA527428E (resized).jpegB4E0730C-DE6B-4756-A4F1-ACCAA527428E (resized).jpeg

5B48810F-A8EC-4F44-8C88-0FB741227C99 (resized).jpeg5B48810F-A8EC-4F44-8C88-0FB741227C99 (resized).jpeg

Here’s what the new scoop bracket looks like out of the game (I’ll reinstall it after waxing):

0D9C4207-C71A-4C47-8450-D24854967B37 (resized).jpeg0D9C4207-C71A-4C47-8450-D24854967B37 (resized).jpeg

#2958 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Did it look like when Joel did it in that youtube link I posted? Or was it longer?

yes It looked very similar - literally everything on the playfield suddenly dimmed for around 2 seconds and I couldn't use my flippers during that brief time.

#2959 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

yes It looked very similar - literally everything on the playfield suddenly dimmed for around 2 seconds and I couldn't use my flippers during that brief time.

Joel is still able to flip when his happened, so it was just A node reset, not all of them.

If it ONLY happens in multiballs when things are intense, it makes me think your power supply may not be putting out a solid 48v under load, dipping low when there's a heavy draw, causing the board(s) to reset. Do you have a multimeter? If you can verify it's low, there's a pot on the outside you can adjust while you watch your multimeter until it's adjusted to just over 48v so it won't dip low. Just another possible cause...

#2960 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I think there are more changes than just the new bottom scoop bracket. The protectors now have tabs on 3 sides that go all the way under and around the playfield. Can someone with an older LE tell me if this looks different than their scoops?
Bottom scoop:
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
Top scoop:
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
Here’s what the new scoop bracket looks like out of the game (I’ll reinstall it after waxing):
[quoted image]

That is different for sure.

For the lower scoop
Rev1 had the inner sides, but only the front clipped under the PF - the sides did not
Rev2 had no inner sides at all
Rev3 as you are showing has inner sides, but clips as well... plus the big deflector bracket on top.

thx for the photos

#2961 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Joel is still able to flip when his happened, so it was just A node reset, not all of them.
If it ONLY happens in multiballs when things are intense, it makes me think your power supply may not be putting out a solid 48v under load, dipping low when there's a heavy draw, causing the board(s) to reset. Do you have a multimeter? If you can verify it's low, there's a pot on the outside you can adjust while you watch your multimeter until it's adjusted to just over 48v so it won't dip low. Just another possible cause...

yeah - it only happened when things were intense and it did seem like an overload of some sort. I do not have a multimeter, but I appreciate the response and will have a buddy who is more knowledgeable than myself assist with this if it happens again. Thank you!

#2962 2 years ago

Just got my full playfield protector for Rush LE. 100 eur plus 45 shipping. Looks awesome. Now the Rush LE unboxing and disassemble begins. I will not play it until the protector is on.

20220316_163054 (resized).jpg20220316_163054 (resized).jpg
#2963 2 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

It was hot on my wish list, but it was supposed to be a positive feature and its anything but!

Buck up son. Cliffy and mantras are on the job. Meanwhile just play it. Cut some mylar and add the scoop area if your worried.

#2964 2 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

It's just a pinball machine. Wood, screws, lights... buy it, play it, enjoy it

#2965 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Can we talk about how awesome and beautiful the drum-clock and time machine are? The drum is built like it’s going to space. I just removed mine for cleaning and waxing the PF. The Time Machine sculpt is beautiful, and the magnet works way better than the one I had on LOTR (which I sold for Rush).
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wonder if you can get that clock Drum to work on a pro.

#2966 2 years ago

I know.88 and .89 weren’t out long
But, does everyone notice more buggy things happening since .90 update?

#2967 2 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

Just got my full playfield protector for Rush LE. 100 eur plus 45 shipping. Looks awesome. Now the Rush LE unboxing and disassemble begins. I will not play it until the protector is on.

Nice! Let us know all of your trials and tribulations during the installation.

#2968 2 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

[quoted image]

Nice! The protector will probably help around the scoop too.

#2969 2 years ago

I recall seeing a post somewhere about the machine locking up during multiball. I've probably got 10 games on my LE and already experienced this. A bit disappointing when your trying to get your wife's high score of the machine

#2970 2 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

This is understood. I'm raising this question because the delta was only 1 when I first got the game, and stayed that way through the first 100 or so plays (last time I'd checked the audits). Now, inexplicably, the delta is 7, so I'm wondering if something in the latest code update made it change that for some reason.

Same here...mine was off 1 play, now 7. Only changed after .90 code was applied. It's not a big deal at all, just strange.

#2971 2 years ago

Hey everyone, I wanted to announce a new option to fix your scoops and protect your delicate parts...the "Rush TPU Scoop Protector" is real! Using NinjaCamp's "near-patent pending" technology we've been able to create what I believe is the ultimate fix for our scoop issues. Why is it the ultimate you ask? (I'm glad you asked) There are a couple of reasons:

1) Easy to install
2) No metal on metal
2) Excellent protection
4) Color choices!

Unlike traditional protectors, the TPU version will not cause additional wear to the ball, nor will the protector develop any ugly "wear spots" over time. Furthermore NinjaCamp's process allows for a paper thin top-side edge which improves the overall performance of the scoop. Don't believe me?? Well, first, go fuck yourself and second...just kidding about the first thing. In all seriousness, we've been testing these protectors in two locations for over three weeks with thousands of plays and zero issues! I'll also mention that the solution is aesthetically pleasing. We teamed up with Outpost Kodelia's amazing design team to produce a part so perfect that the "tuning fork" sound from the factory scoop is still in tact.

We will be selling this solution in two versions, full and partial protection. This allows for owners to decide if they wish to improve the front facing (extremely problematic) protector or both protectors using the same solution. Our engineering team has has also discovered that premium/LE versions of the game may have an additional metal bracket on the underside. We've developed this solution for both configurations, however we would prefer to know as we can slightly tweak the part to ensure a perfect fit.

I've attached a couple of pictures of the protector in "Ghost Rider Grey" and "Bastille Day Black". These should wet your appetite while we configure the store and finalize the details. Partial protection will cost $30 whereas the full protection will be $55. I highly recommend the full protection because it looks and works so awesome! Everything will be listed on Pinside (sales support these forums) and available to ship globally starting next week.

Lastly:
A little bit about NinjaCamp: NinjaCamp, entered into the mod business around the time that Rick and Morty was ending the production run. There were some problems to solve, including a very similar TPU portal protector (https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1326-ninjacamp-mods/05107-rick-and-morty-tpu-portal-protector). We've had fantastic success with that part and subsequently have literally worked to patent the process of producing 3D printed TPU protectors. The quality and fit are amazing! You can read a little more about us on this thread https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ninjacamp-mods. I encourage you to post questions there or PM me directly so that we don't clog up this thread too much, but hell...it is a forum so do whatever you like .

black (resized).jpgblack (resized).jpgfullProtection (resized).jpegfullProtection (resized).jpeggrey (resized).jpeggrey (resized).jpeg
#2972 2 years ago

Like the grey - black stands out a little much for me. Definitely looks better than the current stern v3. Interested

#2973 2 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

We've developed this solution for both configurations, however we would prefer to know as we can slightly tweak the part to ensure a perfect fit.

But why didn't you bevel the edges into the scoop? It's not a perfect fit if it isn't beveled. The edges inside the scoop appear to be 90 degree, which is wrong. That's one of the mistakes Stern already made with their tries.

Also, if you're serious about attempting to patent this, I would advise you to save that money for a nice trip or something. It will be near impossible or impossible to defend. Tons of prior protector art out there, in various materials (mylar, plastic, metal), so TPU doesn't make it special enough to be defensible, IMO.

I think what your doing could be really great, especially since it worked pretty well on Rick and Morty (though the hole was MUCH bigger). Just want to keep it real.

#2974 2 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

we've been testing these protectors in two locations for over three weeks with thousands of plays and zero issues!

Looks interesting, do you have pictures of it after those thousands of plays? Curious how it's stood up.

#2975 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

But why didn't you bevel the edges into the scoop? It's not a perfect fit if it isn't beveled. The edges inside the scoop appear to be 90 degree, which is wrong. That's one of the mistakes Stern already made with their tries.
Also, if you're serious about attempting to patent this, I would advise you to save that money for a nice trip or something. It will be near impossible or impossible to defend. Tons of prior protector art out there, in various materials (mylar, plastic, metal), so TPU doesn't make it special enough to be defensible, IMO.

The inside edge is beveled against the wood. The outside edge retains the stock form of the 90 degree angle. In testing we felt this played the closest to the metal and offered the maximum protection.

As for the patent, the process is potentially unique. I cannot tell you if it will stick or not, but it is in progress. Worst case scenario it isn't something which can be protected and we still have a valuable product for the machine owners. I just thought it would be fun to tell people that I'm trying to grow the business.

#2976 2 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

We will be selling this solution in two versions

Why not license this to Stern and take a percentage of every unit installed on Rush and future titles? Then you would sell a protector for every single unit rather than waiting for some pinhead to contact you. Anyhow, your product looks fantastic.

#2977 2 years ago
Quoted from Reality_Studio:

Looks interesting, do you have pictures of it after those thousands of plays? Curious how it's stood up.

Actually I bet we could grab one tonight! Great question! I'll come back with that.

#2978 2 years ago
Quoted from gandamack:

Why not license this to Stern and take a percentage of every unit installed on Rush and future titles? Then you would sell a protector for every single unit rather than waiting for some pinhead to contact you. Anyhow, your product looks fantastic.

Yep, my end goal is to protect the players interest. It is entirely possible we put the model out there for home printers to make themselves (like I did with my Rick and Morty mods). I would be happy to "license" or work with a big company, but I don't like when big companies see little companies good ideas and steal them (example PinShield and Stern).

I would say, don't look too much into the whole business strategy...nobody is trying to scam on this side of the house. We just want to keep everything far and credit the people who are making the products. Hopefully that makes sense.

#2979 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Like the grey - black stands out a little much for me. Definitely looks better than the current stern v3. Interested

Stern V3 kicked us in to high gear. Honestly we wouldn't have touched it if Stern would have come up with a good solution. That shit made me mental and I knew we needed to keep it as close to a "real" scoop as we could.

#2980 2 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Hey everyone, I wanted to announce a new option to fix your scoops and protect your delicate parts...the "Rush TPU Scoop Protector" is real! Using NinjaCamp's "near-patent pending" technology we've been able to create what I believe is the ultimate fix for our scoop issues. Why is it the ultimate you ask? (I'm glad you asked) There are a couple of reasons:
1) Easy to install
2) No metal on metal
2) Excellent protection
4) Color choices!
Unlike traditional protectors, the TPU version will not cause additional wear to the ball, nor will the protector develop any ugly "wear spots" over time. Furthermore NinjaCamp's process allows for a paper thin top-side edge which improves the overall performance of the scoop. Don't believe me?? Well, first, go fuck yourself and second...just kidding about the first thing. In all seriousness, we've been testing these protectors in two locations for over three weeks with thousands of plays and zero issues! I'll also mention that the solution is aesthetically pleasing. We teamed up with Outpost Kodelia's amazing design team to produce a part so perfect that the "tuning fork" sound from the factory scoop is still in tact.
We will be selling this solution in two versions, full and partial protection. This allows for owners to decide if they wish to improve the front facing (extremely problematic) protector or both protectors using the same solution. Our engineering team has has also discovered that premium/LE versions of the game may have an additional metal bracket on the underside. We've developed this solution for both configurations, however we would prefer to know as we can slightly tweak the part to ensure a perfect fit.
I've attached a couple of pictures of the protector in "Ghost Rider Grey" and "Bastille Day Black". These should wet your appetite while we configure the store and finalize the details. Partial protection will cost $30 whereas the full protection will be $55. I highly recommend the full protection because it looks and works so awesome! Everything will be listed on Pinside (sales support these forums) and available to ship globally starting next week.
Lastly:
A little bit about NinjaCamp: NinjaCamp, entered into the mod business around the time that Rick and Morty was ending the production run. There were some problems to solve, including a very similar TPU portal protector (https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1326-ninjacamp-mods/05107-rick-and-morty-tpu-portal-protector). We've had fantastic success with that part and subsequently have literally worked to patent the process of producing 3D printed TPU protectors. The quality and fit are amazing! You can read a little more about us on this thread https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ninjacamp-mods. I encourage you to post questions there or PM me directly so that we don't clog up this thread too much, but hell...it is a forum so do whatever you like .

Design looks great but, from what I see in the picture thee edges are still raised above playfield too much.
Can they be made tapered so the ball isn’t hitting the edges as much
Also why not taper to match design of the hole? Won’t the squared off copy possibly crack.
All legit questions . I like what you’re doing
Would like to see some even more perfected for everyone’s sake
I’m definitely a buyer of a grey one if tweaked a little more.

#2981 2 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Hey everyone, I wanted to announce a new option to fix your scoops and protect your delicate parts...the "Rush TPU Scoop Protector" is real!

Alright, new contender in the Scoopgate saga! Looks very promising to me. Using polyurethane means no dents and dimples. And because of it's elastomeric property, it shouldn't deform/distort along the rounded edge of the hole. It looks extremely professional (especially in comparison to the double blue eraser eye sore!). Maybe it's just the picture, but it looks like the edges might not lay down completely flat on the playfield?

P.S.: And it addresses both scoops, Stern!

#2982 2 years ago
Quoted from gandamack:

Why not license this to Stern and take a percentage of every unit installed on Rush and future titles?

This is hilariously naive. Stern already stole Cliffy's invention of steel protectors that he innovated for a decade or more before they just ripped it off. If they like this TPU solution, they will take that, too. Patenting it is a waste of time and money. The die was cast long ago for this class of product.

#2983 2 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Stern V3 kicked us in to high gear. Honestly we wouldn't have touched it if Stern would have come up with a good solution. That shit made me mental and I knew we needed to keep it as close to a "real" scoop as we could.

That’s ironic, since Stern v3 is arguably the best solution available right now (remove the blue “ears” if you don’t like those). We were so focused on the ears, we missed the fact that there’s a new protector design, secured on 3 sides to the underside of the playfield.

#2984 2 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

1) Easy to install
2) No metal on metal
2) Excellent protection
4) Color choices!
Lastly:

I like the solution, kudos.

#2985 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

That’s ironic, since Stern v3 is arguably the best solution available right now (remove the blue “ears” if you don’t like those). We were so focused on the ears, we missed the fact that there’s a new protector design, secured on 3 sides to the underside of the playfield.

I think the reason Stern put the Big Blue Ears on it is to protect the protector. That tells me they don't have any faith in the protector (without Big Blue), as far as longevity is concerned.

#2986 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Yeah, I am specifically referring to the blue ears. I just think that ruins the game. (my opinion)

For the record, to date I've never had an issue with the scoop on a Stern. That said, I became curious when investigating this scenario and I took the protector off of my Deadpool. I'll be damned if it doesn't slightly cut into the clear coat. Not a big issue at all, but it fueled me to come up with a standard design for replacing these in the future. Obviously it won't be a solution for everyone, but that is why I am billing it as an option.

#2987 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

This is hilariously naive. Stern already stole Cliffy's invention of steel protectors that he innovated for a decade or more before they just ripped it off. If they like this TPU solution, they will take that, too. Patenting it is a waste of time and money. The die was cast long ago for this class of product.

That is really sad if they took Cliffy's design and started replicating. I did not know that. Honestly part of my hesitation in designing this part was that I wanted to protect Cliffy's business because I respect the hell out of what he does. That said, I do think some type of elastomer is a potentially better future solution.

#2988 2 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

That is really sad if they took Cliffy's design and started replicating. I did not know that. Honestly part of my hesitation in designing this part was that I wanted to protect Cliffy's business because I respect the hell out of what he does. That said, I do think some type of elastomer is a potentially better future solution.

Stern does their versions, which are essentially worse than anything of his they're copying, but yeah, if you run into him or talk on the phone and have a half hour, ask Cliff about it. He has a right to be pissed. It wasn't and isn't cool.

#2989 2 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

1) Easy to install
2) No metal on metal
2) Excellent protection
4) Color choices!
Lastly:

That's a very impressive design...but being made of plastic, I wonder how long these will last.

#2990 2 years ago
Quoted from J-drum11:

Design looks great but, from what I see in the picture thee edges are still raised above playfield too much.
Can they be made tapered so the ball isn’t hitting the edges as much
Also why not taper to match design of the hole? Won’t the squared off copy possibly crack.
All legit questions . I like what you’re doing
Would like to see some even more perfected for everyone’s sake
I’m definitely a buyer of a grey one if tweaked a little more.

The picture may be deceiving. The edge is actually about .38mm whereas the aluminum/steel(whatever) is .48mm. The TPU version is slightly thinner in the current version. I think that is why I liked the play so much. Granted my .48mm metal protector is more like .5mm+ because it is warped to hell after only 137 games.

If you taper the visible edge you actually reduce the amount of support material. I learned this on my Rick and Morty protector where I actually padded the inside edge to ensure there was as much as possible. Again this may be deceiving in the photos but it literally looks exactly like the metal version before it.

I'm 100% with you on the even more perfected designs. I personally love this stuff and just want to keep iterating until we get low cost amazing solutions. Over time, the price of these will dive. Right now %12 of the cost is all about fees, boxes, shipping, etc. If enough people are into this stuff, 3D printing on a whole is very economical.

#2991 2 years ago

Just installed the PinWoofer DIY amp upgrade on Rush LE. We all know spike 2 is underpowered. This kicks it up a notch while still utilizing the upgrade Stern LE speakers. It sounds wonderful. So much more bass when you can properly drive the speaker in the cabinet. Also a very clean and well integrated plug and play install. As an electrical engineer myself I appreciate the design and ease of use. It was just what I was looking for just a little extra kick while utilizing the already upgraded stock LE speakers.

E0E243F0-5BB6-4298-B463-8E3A5D133C77 (resized).jpegE0E243F0-5BB6-4298-B463-8E3A5D133C77 (resized).jpeg
#2992 2 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

That's a very impressive design...but being made of plastic, I wonder how long these will last.

TPU is flexible like a bendy iphone case, not rigid, so it might do okay. He originally tried PETG on the rick and morty protector, which was a disaster, so I recommended ninjaflex (which is a brand of TPU) and that seems to have done really well.

HOWEVER, that R&M scoop is a lot larger and sees a LOT less action than the RUSH scoops, so time will tell.

#2993 2 years ago
Quoted from sudsy7:

Alright, new contender in the Scoopgate saga! Looks very promising to me. Using polyurethane means no dents and dimples. And because of it's elastomeric property, it shouldn't deform/distort along the rounded edge of the hole. It looks extremely professional (especially in comparison to the double blue eraser eye sore!). Maybe it's just the picture, but it looks like the edges might not lay down completely flat on the playfield?
P.S.: And it addresses both scoops, Stern!

The edges lay very flat actually. We found that you could ripple the edges if you tighten the posts by screwing them topside, but I've got that noted in my instructions. The nice thing is that you can back it out and fix it right away. My original design wasn't even considering using the posts. Outpost Kodelia really upped the ante by going that route. Ultimately it turned out to be an amazing design.

#2994 2 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Yeah, check my video on the Rick and Morty protector. You can flex and bend it all day. I believe with enough force you could warp it permanently but I can't do that with my hands alone. Also there is no way to break this shit. It was actually PinMonk who originally recommended I investigate it based on a stiffer design I was making. I grabbed a couple of rolls and fell in love with the material.

#2995 2 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

The picture may be deceiving. The edge is actually about .38mm whereas the aluminum/steel(whatever) is .48mm. The TPU version is slightly thinner in the current version. I think that is why I liked the play so much. Granted my .48mm metal protector is more like .5mm+ because it is warped to hell after only 137 games.
If you taper the visible edge you actually reduce the amount of support material. I learned this on my Rick and Morty protector where I actually padded the inside edge to ensure there was as much as possible. Again this may be deceiving in the photos but it literally looks exactly like the metal version before it.
I'm 100% with you on the even more perfected designs. I personally love this stuff and just want to keep iterating until we get low cost amazing solutions. Over time, the price of these will dive. Right now %12 of the cost is all about fees, boxes, shipping, etc. If enough people are into this stuff, 3D printing on a whole is very economical.

I’m all for it!
The quicker the better.
I’m a buyer /tester now if you have one ready

#2996 2 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

The edges lay very flat actually.

I like everything about it then. The final test, however, will be the sustained brutal bash testing of actual Rush gameplay. That's where the rubber, or in this case TPU, will meet (and hopefully beat) the road. I like your confidence in the product!

#2997 2 years ago

Aniraf it’s definitely an interesting design. I’m surprised nobody has tried a 3D-printed protector before.

The Blue Ears don’t bother me, but with Stern’s updated scoop protector design I might take the ears off for a while. If the metal protectors start to deform, I’ll try your solution. Appreciate you putting this out there.

#2998 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

TPU is flexible like a bendy iphone case, not rigid, so it might do okay. He originally tried PETG on the rick and morty protector, which was a disaster, so I recommended ninjaflex (which is a brand of TPU) and that seems to have done really well.
HOWEVER, that R&M scoop is a lot larger and sees a LOT less action than the RUSH scoops, so time will tell.

HAHAHA! I literally just typed that you suggested TPU! I was really scared to get into that material but after putting in my hours, I love it now! I really appreciate the prompting.

Quoted from Reality_Studio:

Answering both of you on number of plays and wear. I don't have an exact count but this is a picture of our earliest prototype. It has been installed in one of the most popular pinball bars in Arizona for three weeks now. I guestimate that the machine sees a minimum of 400 full games a day with thousands of balls. This machine has so many plays that within the first day of unboxing the owner had to remove the metal and go with the raw wood. That wood then got wrecked (hence the wide lip on this one).

I will work on getting an exact count of plays, but this is a game we use in one of our leagues. As many of you on this forum know, league players will not tolerate anything . I love them, but sometimes I want to say "it is just pinball". The reviews we've gotten around the valley are so positive that every location wants one immediately.

F10EB912-C715-4C05-A184-F98B270F10E9 (resized).jpegF10EB912-C715-4C05-A184-F98B270F10E9 (resized).jpeg
#2999 2 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

1) Easy to install
2) No metal on metal
2) Excellent protection
4) Color choices!
Lastly:

nice will it come in purple ?

#3000 2 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Answering both of you on number of plays and wear. I don't have an exact count but this is a picture of our earliest prototype.

...and that's TPU? It looks like brushed steel.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
WilliPinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 194.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Lighting - Led
Gameroom Mods

Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 42.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

There are 17,890 posts in this topic. You are on page 60 of 358.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1/page/60?hl=aniraf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.