IMG_3100 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240411_225620072.MP (resized).jpg
20240410_181338 (resized).jpg
IMG_1438 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240407_184826850.MP.jpg
IMG_5558 (resized).jpeg
PNG image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,892 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 358.
#201 2 years ago

Happy to see this!

#202 2 years ago

That semi of boxed and ready Pros gave ME a semi. Lordy!

#203 2 years ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

Happy to see this!

Guess that's how Stern likes to say 'delay is done' without really making an announcement

#204 2 years ago

Great news. Hope the scoop protector is fixed.

#205 2 years ago

Just bought one of these to add to the game room

RUSH 2 (resized).jpgRUSH 2 (resized).jpg
#206 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Just bought one of these to add to the game room
[quoted image]

Mines on the way too!!

#207 2 years ago

How does one go about getting one of these?

#208 2 years ago

It's a must that I have one for every game I own. Love the look of these banners - they look great when you use those velcro 3M strip wall hangers.

#209 2 years ago

the only 2 options I've seen so far is on a Pinside shop ad out of Joliet, IL for $220 OBO or on Ebay for a little bit more....
Not easy to find hence why I jumped on one. After spending $11K on a machine another couple hundered wont kill me haha

#210 2 years ago

Hahaha, yeah at that point a couple hundred more doesn't make a difference.

#211 2 years ago

Contact ZMeny at flip n out. He usually has most banners at competitive prices. That is where all mine come from.

#212 2 years ago

Does insider connected for an operator let you see stats on the game yet?

#213 2 years ago

Hoping to get a incoming notification tomorrow or wed.

fingers crossed.giffingers crossed.gif
#214 2 years ago
Quoted from metal-mods:

How does one go about getting one of these?

Check with Jason at Classic Game Rooms. I have bought several from him for prices that are far below the typical Ebay ones. He just posted on his facebook page the other day that he had gotten in a shipment of the Rush banners, too (but he has many others to choose from as well).

#215 2 years ago

ok so someone put a big score on the game...what few things do I need to do to make a big score?

#216 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

what few things do I need to do to make a big score?

Haven't played Rush yet, but often the difference these days is when jackpots are collected and what the multiplier is when that happens. Try to max multipliers when you collect.

#217 2 years ago
Quoted from PsychoPsonic:

Haven't played Rush yet, but often the difference these days is when jackpots are collected and what the multiplier is when that happens. Try to max multipliers when you collect.

I'm not a rules guy so it is gonna take me awhile to figure out the game. I need like, shoot this shot or that and keep doing it to make points easy

#218 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I'm not a rules guy so it is gonna take me awhile to figure out the game. I need like, shoot this shot or that and keep doing it to make points easy

Shoot the time machine repeatedly for multi-ball. Rinse and repeat. Incredibly boring (Mando cough cough) but looks possible.

I’d much rather set up a planet mode with as many matching color records as possible to increase shot multipliers, and bring that in with a multiball.

#219 2 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

Shoot the time machine repeatedly for multi-ball. Rinse and repeat. Incredibly boring (Mando cough cough) but looks possible.
I’d much rather set up a planet mode with as many matching color records as possible to increase shot multipliers, and bring that in with a multiball.

I'll try that, and I don't disagree that would be a very boring way to play it. Just looking to drop initials on it for people to go after

#220 2 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

Now we're talkin'

I hear ya northvibe - but rules depth is what gives these games much longer legs than their ancestors, especially in a home situation. The expense of software development is a big part of higher prices, so hope you'll dig in and appreciate all the different tactical and strategic possibilities.

"All this machinery
making modern pinball..."

#221 2 years ago

Oh and I forgot that you should first complete the 1-2-3 combos for the albums that your two songs are on so you are awarded both an add a ball and a smart bomb. Love the nuances that deep rules can provide.

When my wife plays, I’ll just tell her to shoot the time machine.

#222 2 years ago

Now we're talkin'
I hear ya northvibe - but rules depth is what gives these games much longer legs than their ancestors, especially in a home situation. The expense of software development is a big part of higher prices, so hope you'll dig in and appreciate all the different tactical and strategic possibilities.
"All this machinery

oh I'm all for rules. I just am not good at picking up on them while playing. When someone explains (papa tutorial or my friend) then I get the gist. I was just looking for a quick/easy way to drop my name on the game while they are new and not dominated by the good players yet

#223 2 years ago

Now we're talkin'
"All this machinery

I agree - I love discovering more ways to score points over time. One of the many reasons I gravitated away from arcade games to more pinball.

#224 2 years ago

I hear ya northvibe - but rules depth is what gives these games much longer legs than their ancestors, especially in a home situation

There's different types of depth, though. There's depth like LOTR, which is more story/mode based & is a bit more organic for the player to understand....and there's tournament-scoring math-chess calculator depth, which is confusing & boring for many of us. I just hope this game has enough "Pavlovian moments" & isn't 100% about knowing how to move the beads on the abacus.

#225 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

There's different types of depth, though. There's depth like LOTR, which is more story/mode based & is a bit more organic for the player to understand....and there's tournament-scoring math-chess calculator depth, which is confusing & boring for many of us. I just hope this game has enough "Pavlovian moments" & isn't 100% about knowing how to move the beads on the abacus.

Agree.

Why is Iron Man so good? One reason - the 35 million countdown jackpot.

The brain/player needs big rewards to trigger reward centers in the brain.

Intermittent reinforcement is the most powerful motivator and in tons of video games, but seems lacking in many pinball games.

Or just plain old positive reinforcement.

Put back 'wow' moments into pinball games.

Vacation jackpot in WH20 - fantastic example of rewarding a player with lighting effects, big scoring etc, and a big 'wow' moment.

BSD. 10, 20, 30 million - another 'wow', big reward.

FT. 100 million SJ.

Wayne Neyens, Gottlieb designer really understood that the more you reward the player, the more times they say 'I was so close, maybe next time', my more coin goes into the game!

#226 2 years ago

I have an email into Pirate Pinball in Benecia, CA to get updated delivery timing for the RUSH LE and to see if the delay was officially for the scoop protector. I am sure it was, but still would like to hear it from a distributor. Jeannie at Pirate Pinball is awesome...so is the owner Chris Koontz.

#227 2 years ago

Pulled both protectors. Taking the underside subway is easiest for the side protector

230E95B9-9CF1-47EB-B1D4-0014E5B34602 (resized).jpeg230E95B9-9CF1-47EB-B1D4-0014E5B34602 (resized).jpeg3B48CD44-6E26-4C80-B425-87AA99260AEF (resized).jpeg3B48CD44-6E26-4C80-B425-87AA99260AEF (resized).jpeg454D2B7F-9266-4C83-AE33-CC7A0FADC3AA (resized).jpeg454D2B7F-9266-4C83-AE33-CC7A0FADC3AA (resized).jpegD9E4B17B-D91A-4BB1-81BC-5CA06BCE6C8C (resized).jpegD9E4B17B-D91A-4BB1-81BC-5CA06BCE6C8C (resized).jpeg
#228 2 years ago

Interestingly enough.. we've seen zero issues with the side protector on all the Rushes on location here (up to 4 now).

Which suggests that the problem really manifested more with the eject action - as the side one doesn't have an eject on the pro. Or maybe it is purely the width... the side scoop is wider than the lower scoop.

#229 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Interestingly enough.. we've seen zero issues with the side protector on all the Rushes on location here (up to 4 now).
Which suggests that the problem really manifested more with the eject action - as the side one doesn't have an eject on the pro. Or maybe it is purely the width... the side scoop is wider than the lower scoop.

My side scoop was starting to lift and show dents…. But from the 10-20 plays it looked ok.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#230 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

My side scoop was starting to lift and show dents…. But from the 10-20 plays it looked ok.
[quoted image][quoted image]

The edges lifting isn't the main concern though.. nearly all protectors do that (some more than others). CGC Monster Bash comes to mind... At least that is still playable. The killer on this issue was that it killed the game in a way that was unrecoverable unless you can take the glass off. The ball would 'hang' where no ball search could ever free it. It was the movement of the tabs in the playfield cutout that were the dealbreaker.

#231 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

The edges lifting isn't the main concern though.. nearly all protectors do that (some more than others). CGC Monster Bash comes to mind... At least that is still playable. The killer on this issue was that it killed the game in a way that was unrecoverable unless you can take the glass off. The ball would 'hang' where no ball search could ever free it. It was the movement of the tabs in the playfield cutout that were the dealbreaker.

Ahhh; sure, then yes the front scoop is the culprit.

So k just left the location and got a call thag when you start a game on rush it just keeps firing balls, over and over. I’m assuming a trough switch issue or opto. Anyone see this on any stern spike 2?

#233 2 years ago

Very cool that the action button has a couple different features. This game is gonna be badass.

#234 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:ok so someone put a big score on the game...what few things do I need to do to make a big score?

Scoring wise all my biggest scores (billion+) I'm always getting Headlong Flight multiball stacked with another multiball, with a Weapon add a ball ready for them. Good for a few hundred million by itself. Modes seem to be worth ~50 mil if you complete them usually.

#235 2 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Scoring wise all my biggest scores (billion+) I'm always getting Headlong Flight multiball stacked with another multiball, with a Weapon add a ball ready for them. Good for a few hundred million by itself. Modes seem to be worth ~50 mil if you complete them usually.

haha I have no idea what any of those are...I need to spend some time on this game..

Rules dropped!
https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/Rush-Rulesheet.pdf?utm_source=constantcontact&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=20220202_RushCode

now I just need to fix the issue with the constant ball kick out and I'll get some games in tonight.

#236 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Very cool that the action button has a couple different features. This game is gonna be badass.

Similar to GZ, long hold to activate heat ray, quick tap to bring in Anguirus, for an added ball during any multi ball.

#237 2 years ago

I can't quote anyone, but the new update is 6.4GB!!! holy smokes

#238 2 years ago

Pro Service and Operations manual

T1 Operation and Parts Manual.pdfT1 Operation and Parts Manual.pdf

#239 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

It's a must that I have one for every game I own. Love the look of these banners - they look great when you use those velcro 3M strip wall hangers.

I love the banners but I have too many machines and not enough wall to hang them.

#240 2 years ago

Lol they added a "scoop eject ball save" - aka the "bent fake cliffy spray effect bandaid".

#241 2 years ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

Check with Jason at Classic Game Rooms. I have bought several from him for prices that are far below the typical Ebay ones. He just posted on his facebook page the other day that he had gotten in a shipment of the Rush banners, too (but he has many others to choose from as well).

Quoted from northvibe:

I can't quote anyone, but the new update is 6.4GB!!! holy smokes

Sounds like a lot of high quality music in there!

#242 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

I love the banners but I have too many machines and not enough wall to hang them.

I just do the glass covers based on the banner images. About $20 all in.

#243 2 years ago

Anyone hear when LE's are shipping?

#244 2 years ago

Cary on the scoop issues

#245 2 years ago

hoping to hear that the scoop issue is resolved before LEs go on the line. Im not the best pinball tech so I hope I dont have to do pinball surgery before playing my LE!

#246 2 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Anyone hear when LE's are shipping?

End of the month

#247 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

hoping to hear that the scoop issue is resolved before LEs go on the line. Im not the best pinball tech so I hope I dont have to do pinball surgery before playing my LE!

I absolutely agree. This is my first LE and first NIB too. The last thing I want to do is try and attempt a fix.

#248 2 years ago

NIB pro delivered today to our location is having the scoop issue. The distributor had told me production had gotten delayed but was back on track before ours shipped so I don't know if that means the scoop in ours was put in after this delay or what, but suffice to say the game we received after ~30 plays is showing a hell of a lot of wear on the scoop and started to fail on ball kickouts. Looks like I'm going to have to remove it tomorrow.

#249 2 years ago
Quoted from kool1:

Cary on the scoop issues

So it looks like they should not have chamfered the hole so much. Then add a little better quality protector and have no problem. Quite a few ways to fix this, but maybe not at this point in production. The PF's are all made I imagine. Specially bent protector that follows the chamfer better?

#250 2 years ago
Quoted from kool1:

Cary on the scoop issues

Protectorgate

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 17.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 275.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Virginia Beach, VA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 194.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

$ 42.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
10,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tatamy, PA
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

There are 17,892 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 358.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1/page/5?hl=parsonsaj and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.