IMG_3100 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240411_225620072.MP (resized).jpg
20240410_181338 (resized).jpg
IMG_1438 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240407_184826850.MP.jpg
IMG_5558 (resized).jpeg
PNG image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,895 posts in this topic. You are on page 59 of 358.
#2901 2 years ago

Tough to see all the issues with the game on this thread. Scoop issues and chipping should not occur. Stern needs to test these machines prior to release. Plus the code at delivery was weak. Rush was one of my favorite bands and I love the music. The game is just not living up to my expectations. Bummed out for sure.

#2902 2 years ago

I can only comment on 0.90, since I just got my Premium, but the code is amazing. Shots are amazing - John Borg’s best. Every game thread is going to focus on launch issues initially, it’s the nature of the Pinside beast. Stern is responding to the issues, like they always have. Once this all settles out I think Rush will be in the top ten for a long time.

#2903 2 years ago
Quoted from calprog:

Tough to see all the issues with the game on this thread. Scoop issues and chipping should not occur. Stern needs to test these machines prior to release. Plus the code at delivery was weak. Rush was one of my favorite bands and I love the music. The game is just not living up to my expectations. Bummed out for sure.

What don't you like? Sure it's early code as all games are upon delivery, but there's so much going on, I can't imagine what it will be like on completion. Great art, lighting, callouts, oh yeah, the music is stellar! Curious to hear your thoughts,,,

#2904 2 years ago

Up to 300 plays on my LE, so here's an update on the scoop protectors. They're definitely getting beaten up and rolling up more and more. The edges are lifted around their entire perimeter, on both the upper and lower scoops. Continued wear on the right sidewall of the lower scoop.
The balls are also showing signs of wear, to the point that I want to replace them already. Replacing balls every 300 games is gonna get pricey lol.

I did reach out to Stern directly per my distributor's instructions. A few key points from my correspondence:

1) I was told engineering is working on it, and they have me on the list for when the fix is available.
2) "We do NOT recommend removing the protector at this time, this may void your game warranty. "
3) "For the time being, please bend the flaps back into place and secure them with a small bit of strapping tape until we have an official solution." Not really sure how well I can do this since I can't really get a bend on them, and I'm wary about putting tape on the playfield unless it's something I know will release like painter's tape. (Which will look great, lol)

I do plan to request an extra set of six balls to replace the originals, and based on what I'm seeing & feeling here, the upper scoop definitely needs to be addressed too.

Technically the issue still hasn't adversely affected gameplay with the fork fix in place, but it's definitely getting worse and it's most certainly contributing the aging the balls.

20220315_163130 (resized).jpg20220315_163130 (resized).jpg20220315_163148 (resized).jpg20220315_163148 (resized).jpg20220315_163203 (resized).jpg20220315_163203 (resized).jpg20220315_163234 (resized).jpg20220315_163234 (resized).jpg
#2905 2 years ago

Also one other weird thing I noticed when I pulled up the audits... suddenly I have 7 unaccounted-for games showing. It shows 305 games with 312 lifetime.

I'm 99.5% sure earlier audit checks showed a delta of 1, as is traditional where it gets one game at the factory before getting boxed up.

I experimented to see if maybe cancelling a game -- with or without actually playing it -- caused this, but each time both numbers increased by 1. Anyone else seeing anything similar here?

20220315_163052 (resized).jpg20220315_163052 (resized).jpg
#2906 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Is "Extra Ball" not working on the upper scoop a known bug? In my RUSH temp test the other day, I hit the lit extra ball scoop a number of times and it did not collect. The behind the upper right flipper one worked, just the one for the scoop didn't seem to.

As I understand it, that extra ball shot is a moving target. Sometimes it's the scoop and it can move to the under the flipper shot. Is it failing when the light is indicating it's on the scoop shot? It may have moved from the scoop to the under flipper shot. Not sure what makes it move but Ray mentioned it does move on the TPN stream and is indicated by where it's currently lit.

#2907 2 years ago
Quoted from Wicked-Flip:

As I understand it, that extra ball shot is a moving target. Sometimes it's the scoop and it can move to the under the flipper shot. Is it failing when the light is indicating it's on the scoop shot? It may have moved from the scoop to the under flipper shot. Not sure what makes it move but Ray mentioned it does move on the TPN stream and is indicated by where it's currently lit.

Yeah, the light definitely moves, but I'm 100% positive it was lit and not moving when I hit it. It was still lit for the shot after I hit it and it kicked the ball out.

#2908 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If it's software, no. Could be a bug that'll be worked out. On mature software it should never happen.
But if it's happening more than once in a blue moon, yes. Does the system menu report an overcurrent error when you bring it up?

Thank you. I’ll check the menu tomorrow for any errors and report back.

#2909 2 years ago

I am just asking myself, what about wear from balls going out of the scoop?

Are we (Stern) absolutely certain that the ball is not striking the protected on eject. If so, besides the support on the sides, this solution is not any different. Hideous as it may be. Oh dear.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#2910 2 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Up to 300 plays on my LE, so here's an update on the scoop protectors. They're definitely getting beaten up and rolling up more and more. The edges are lifted around their entire perimeter, on both the upper and lower scoops. Continued wear on the right sidewall of the lower scoop.
The balls are also showing signs of wear, to the point that I want to replace them already. Replacing balls every 300 games is gonna get pricey lol.
I did reach out to Stern directly per my distributor's instructions. A few key points from my correspondence:
1) I was told engineering is working on it, and they have me on the list for when the fix is available.
2) "We do NOT recommend removing the protector at this time, this may void your game warranty. "
3) "For the time being, please bend the flaps back into place and secure them with a small bit of strapping tape until we have an official solution." Not really sure how well I can do this since I can't really get a bend on them, and I'm wary about putting tape on the playfield unless it's something I know will release like painter's tape. (Which will look great, lol)
I do plan to request an extra set of six balls to replace the originals, and based on what I'm seeing & feeling here, the upper scoop definitely needs to be addressed too.
Technically the issue still hasn't adversely affected gameplay with the fork fix in place, but it's definitely getting worse and it's most certainly contributing the aging the balls.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That actually looks way better than i expected after 300 plays with the current solution. After reading your post i expected to see worse. But still concerning and reason to look forward to the next revision.

#2912 2 years ago

Oh dear lord! Rush have made it into the Daily Mail, how sad. ( you might only understand the irony if you are British ).

#2913 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Node board reset. It happened to Joel on one of his RUSH live streams. Rayday even commented on it. Joel didn't realize what happened.
If it happens a lot, you probably have a short somewhere. If that's the first time you saw it, it may be a software thing with the early software.
Did yours look like this (when he shoots the time machine - Rayday comments on it in the chat):

It happened 3 times during an intense multiball (first ever occurrence) and then played another game and it didn’t happen at all. Ran a quick diagnostic test before work just now and no errors popped up (not too well versed in this area tho). I’ll keep an eye out for it and see how things go. Love this game so far.

#2914 2 years ago
Quoted from soren:

I am just asking myself, what about wear from balls going out of the scoop?
Are we (Stern) absolutely certain that the ball is not striking the protected on eject. If so, besides the support on the sides, this solution is not any different. Hideous as it may be. Oh dear.
[quoted image]

Wonder how easy it is to take that off...

#2915 2 years ago

Update on my connectivity issue. Original problem was the game would see my router but fail connection. I changed the wifi dongle to the one linked below and first thing I noticed was far more routers showed up so range is way better. But more important it did connect and has remained for 2 days now. I am not sure if this was the only thing wrong going on but so far so good. Cheap fix if it continues to connect.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08P4JZ1KB

Garry

#2916 2 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

For the time being, please bend the flaps back into place and sec

That sounds like the advice they've been giving to pro owners, whose protector has flaps on the inside edges, so they can be taped to the bottom of the playfield. Doesn't make sense for an LE though...

#2917 2 years ago

Is anyone else noticing that the Right most pop bumper gets caught on the back of the scoop, so it hangs on the metal scoop back (Hangs the metal pop bumper ring in a down position) until a forceful push sends it back upward again?

Do I need to worry about anything there - or just let it be?

#2918 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Wonder how easy it is to take that off...

It is mounted on the 2 posts on the side of scoop. So.. easy. I hope the Mantis or Cliffy (or Clantis) is mounted on same 2 posts.

#2919 2 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

The upper scoop switch is awefully touchy to get setup to register reliably. I can’t get physical locks to work without it. I wonder if that’s the same problem with extra ball on yours

I think I finally fixed my upper scoop. I replaced the micro switch with a new one and it stays closed. I think my original required a tiny bit more force to activate.

#2920 2 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

If you have the bass active you can still make combos

True, but I believe they no longer count toward lighting and building combo jackpots/collecting albums. So I think they just give you the normal points you get for completing a combo. That's my understanding from the .90 readme at least.

#2921 2 years ago
Quoted from gsrogers:

Update on my connectivity issue. Original problem was the game would see my router but fail connection. I changed the wifi dongle to the one linked below and first thing I noticed was far more routers showed up so range is way better. But more important it did connect and has remained for 2 days now. I am not sure if this was the only thing wrong going on but so far so good. Cheap fix if it continues to connect.
amazon.com link »
Garry

Nice!! Was it straight-up plug and play, or did you need to adjust a setting or cycle on and off the wifi, etc?

#2922 2 years ago

Diverter and right ramp issue..
Forgive me if this has been covered but I could not find anything in my search.
I’m having many of the other issues mentioned here, but I’m wondering if anyone has had and fixed these.
1. Right ramp only registers 50% of the time.
2. The diverter jumps back and forth randomly for about 10+ seconds then stops. (Can’t figure out how to add a vid)
Maybe they are related? The optical sensor on the right ramp behind the play field?
I need to check if the diverter jumps back and forth if I have it selected to the left flipper.
Love Rush and the Rush premium!

#2923 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah, the light definitely moves, but I'm 100% positive it was lit and not moving when I hit it. It was still lit for the shot after I hit it and it kicked the ball out.

Extra ball moves back and forth with every hit of the slings.

#2924 2 years ago
Quoted from Craiger:

Nice!! Was it straight-up plug and play, or did you need to adjust a setting or cycle on and off the wifi, etc?

It was plug it in, turn the game on, and go through the wifi setup. Super easy and the antenna does not touch the backglass.
I am just hoping this is a permanent fix for my game. So far so good.

#2925 2 years ago
Quoted from Valorguy:

Is anyone else noticing that the Right most pop bumper gets caught on the back of the scoop, so it hangs on the metal scoop back (Hangs the metal pop bumper ring in a down position) until a forceful push sends it back upward again?
Do I need to worry about anything there - or just let it be?

Happened here at least once that I noticed, pop bumper by itself eventually freed itself. Wondering if there is a little play in the pop or scoop to move them apart by a hair or more to make the contact / stickiness less possible..

#2926 2 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Also one other weird thing I noticed when I pulled up the audits... suddenly I have 7 unaccounted-for games showing. It shows 305 games with 312 lifetime.
I'm 99.5% sure earlier audit checks showed a delta of 1, as is traditional where it gets one game at the factory before getting boxed up.
I experimented to see if maybe cancelling a game -- with or without actually playing it -- caused this, but each time both numbers increased by 1. Anyone else seeing anything similar here?
[quoted image]

I have the exact same issue. off 7 plays....although mine is only at 110 plays.

#2927 2 years ago
Quoted from Zukram:

Happened here at least once that I noticed, pop bumper by itself eventually freed itself. Wondering if there is a little play in the pop or scoop to move them apart by a hair or more to make the contact / stickiness less possible..

or just shave a bit off the ring in that spot.

#2928 2 years ago
Quoted from Wicked-Flip:

I had another game where it went into the upper scoop 5 times when Extra Ball Light was on that scoop and did not register. Frustrating. It does bounce back from upper scoop to the under the upper right flipper shot. That one seems to register every time.

#2929 2 years ago

To all the owners of multiple Stern machines:
In your honest assessment, does Rush have more or the same amount of issues when compared to other Stern nib machines?

#2930 2 years ago

I had a problem with LEDs flickering or going out altogether. I swapped node boards with LZ, and the problem stayed with Rush. I finally thought to reseat the connectors on the LED boards, and that fixed it. I feel a little dumb for not figuring that out right away, but I learned a lot going through the Spike schematics so it’s all good.

ADC90F32-30A2-40EE-9668-4BAEEAA4BB38 (resized).jpegADC90F32-30A2-40EE-9668-4BAEEAA4BB38 (resized).jpeg
#2931 2 years ago
Quoted from gandamack:

In your honest assessment, does Rush have more or the same amount of issues when compared to other Stern nib machines?

Just wondering if this title is the Pontiac Aztek of Stern machines?

#2932 2 years ago
Quoted from gandamack:

Outside of the scoop, as far as what i've read since I'm still waiting on the game, sounds like the issues are similar things found in mass production from most Stern games. loose connections/wires, power tweaks needed for coils, coil stops needing replacements, lots of minor things that come from getting games built by mass amount of people in short timelines. An IMDN i got NIB recently had needed several adjustments b/c things were off out of the box. Still some light issues I need to fix.

#2933 2 years ago
Quoted from gandamack:

is what you're really asking "is RUSH the breaking bad of pinball"?

#2934 2 years ago
Quoted from gandamack:

Let’s see…

LZ: spent an hour figuring out why my EM stage was stopping halfway up. Another hour tweaking the stage and spinner. Shooter lane gate came off, so I bent the wire to make it stay on this time.

Stranger Things: a few hours to get the Demogorgon’s face hole in the right place, so that I could hit it reliably. Ball hang on the 1-way gate.

Jurassic Park: several hours spent finding a short in a GI socket. Ball hang at the back of the raptor pen. All 3 coil stops broke.

MET: first batch off the line, had lots of issues. I spent weeks going back and forth with Chas, found a diode installed backwards. Magnets not level with playfield, on and on. Game has been rock solid for 8 years though.

Rush Premium: had to reseat LED connectors because LEDs would flicker or go out. If I understood Spike better this would have taken 5 minutes instead of a few hours.

For me it’s about the same.

#2935 2 years ago

Sterns play very well out of the box. They may have some tweaks needed, but overall we can count on setting a game up and having it play reliably immediately. Usually the tweaks we need are things that don't show up immediately, or are minor. Pretty happy with them. That isn't to say they are fault free - but for us, they are able to play and earn, consistently almost without fail right out of the box. That's the $$

Obviously the Rush scoop is odd-man out to that history... but was easily resolved in 15mins.

#2936 2 years ago

What does the window in the playfield do? Ive only seen it drop the ball in and kick it out. Is it a physical ball lock area like Metallica?

#2937 2 years ago
Quoted from gandamack:

Zero issues with mine,

#2938 2 years ago
Quoted from gandamack:

Mines been solid. Elvira and STh by far the worst I've had from Stern.

#2939 2 years ago

One switch problem with mine. Fewer problems than my other NIB Stern games and one JJP.

#2940 2 years ago
Quoted from Calgedy:

I have the exact same issue. off 7 plays....although mine is only at 110 plays.

Very weird. Anyone else seeing this also? (Game showing 7 extra lifetime games instead of 1.) Wonder if it's a bug in one of the code updates somehow?

Quoted from huo:

What does the window in the playfield do? Ive only seen it drop the ball in and kick it out. Is it a physical ball lock area like Metallica?

When you turn Far Cry lock to actively lock the ball, yes. The problem is, when figuring out where to put the window, they used the eye angle for when Bigfoot plays the game. Even a tall player like me absolutely cannot see the first ball locked in there AT ALL from where the player stands. I'm honestly pretty disappointed about this -- it pretty much defeats the purpose. Maybe it's visible when looking straight down at it with cameras for streaming, but 99.9% of the games out there won't be doing this. I'd highly recommend Stern move the location of the window for future runs so the player can actually see it. As it is now, you can see the top half of a second ball when it goes in there, but that's only momentary since it'll move one ball to the lower scoop to eject, or eject them both, depending on what's happening.

Would be so cool to be able to see the ball in there and I'm sad that I can't.

#2941 2 years ago
Quoted from huo:

Yes it is an actual lock. In the settings it looks like you can tell it to keep the balls until multi ball starts. It defaults to just a virtual lock. I was kinda wondering why it defaults this way? Issues maybe? I haven’t tried it as a physical lock yet.

#2942 2 years ago
Quoted from Flypie:

Yes it is an actual lock. In the settings it looks like you can tell it to keep the balls until multi ball starts. It defaults to just a virtual lock. I was kinda wondering why it defaults this way? Issues maybe? I haven’t tried it as a physical lock yet.

Its not properly coded yet I believe. I have mine as a physical lock and it goes in to ball search at times. Others have stated the same.

Quoted from gandamack:

It sure isn't as ugly. lol

#2943 2 years ago

I'm really curious why they defaulted it to virtual... when it's a main value add feature of the higher end models. I've been weary to enabling it because they disabled it for some reason...

#2944 2 years ago

Ball locks in the upper scoop is fully coded. It is enabled using Rush adjustment #5

If you get ball search when a ball is locked in the upper scoop, you have a problem with the microswitch that detects the ball in position 1 of the scoop (position 2 is an opto).

I think they disable physical locks by default due to the difficulty in getting the roller micro switch adjusted to register properly. It’s quite touchy and a bad design IMO

#2945 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

It happened 3 times during an intense multiball (first ever occurrence) and then played another game and it didn’t happen at all. Ran a quick diagnostic test before work just now and no errors popped up (not too well versed in this area tho). I’ll keep an eye out for it and see how things go. Love this game so far.

Did it look like when Joel did it in that youtube link I posted? Or was it longer?

#2946 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I'm really curious why they defaulted it to virtual... when it's a main value add feature of the higher end models. I've been weary to enabling it because they disabled it for some reason...

I asked Rayday in chat on one of the live streams he was offering tips on and no answer. So, that's not good.

#2947 2 years ago

I have physical locks enabled and gotten Far Cry MB dozens of times without a ball search. Very cool that the Pre/LE ejects balls from both scoops.

#2948 2 years ago

I've also had physical locks enabled since .89 and never had a ball search. I am surprised that it isn't enabled by default, so there must be some issue that I've not run into. The ball search that people are getting consistently must be hardware (switch) related or else it would be happening to everybody.

The dual scoop eject at start of multiball is a really neat effect. I also like being able to plunge the ball after a lock with another skill shot opportunity.

Hopefully any minor bugs will be worked out over time and it will become enabled by default for everybody.

#2949 2 years ago
Quoted from gandamack:

From the nib ones I owned:

AC/DC Lucy Vault: Distributor took over an hour to fix the canon which didn't work right out of the box.

Black Knight Sword Of Rage Pro: No issues at all.

Elvira LE: My most problematic Stern machine, ramp getting stuck, gargoyles getting stuck, had to remove the house to make some fixes, etc...

Godzilla LE: No issues at all.

Rush Pro: Aside from the scoop taking a beating, no issues at all.

So for me Rush has been pretty good.

#2950 2 years ago
Quoted from joetechbob:

Mines been solid. Elvira and STh by far the worst I've had from Stern.

Appreciate the feedback. Sorry to use a Pontiac Aztek as a comparison. I meant in terms of reliability, not how the machine looks. I think the LE is a work of art. The Premium and Pro, not as beautiful as the LE. The band members portraits on the playfield seem cheap which is weird because some of the other artwork is quite intricate.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 229.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 194.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 210.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Lighting - Led
Gameroom Mods

10,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tatamy, PA
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

$ 17.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 275.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 17,895 posts in this topic. You are on page 59 of 358.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1/page/59?hl=mbrave77 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.