IMG_6410 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2562 (resized).jpg
IMG_2578 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2574 (resized).jpeg
20240322_163542 (resized).jpg
20240322_163631 (resized).jpg
20240319_194137 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,884 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 358.
#2251 2 years ago

Just wanted to say. I love This post. *thumbs up

Quoted from frosken:

TBH, I don't care about the insane scoring and the bragging (or not) as not every machine is set up the same way, either from the menu settings, the outlane post settings or even the pitch...
I am curious as per who got to (and/or completed) any of the Cygnus X-1 mini wizard modes and if the 2112 wizard mode is already programmed (or not).
I had one game which I was only missing the 3rd time machine Multiball to start Cygnus...and had 4 modes completed. Still ended with only 500-ish Million...
Last night, I couldn't get over 100M...though of grabbing my sledgehammer...those outlanes and bad bounces...argh!!!
...but still LOVE the game though...so many things to do...if you can hit the shots LOL.

#2252 2 years ago

Thank you

#2253 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Added a trough light,Dalmation mod, and one flasher cover. Also changed the default settings from “extra easy” to “medium” and find the game a lot more to my liking.
[quoted image]

Who did you get trough light from, looks great

#2254 2 years ago
Quoted from J-drum11:

Still not a good fix
Keep Your eye on it

Yeah I agree, I literally stare at it when someone else is playing, wish I didn’t have to but it sounds like it’s still an issue

#2255 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Who did you get trough light from, looks great

Lermods - Went with "Ice Blue" to highlight the Owl. Quick 1 minute install w alligator clips. Had my camera a little forward when taking the pic so it looks a little washed out. looks great in person while playing.

#2256 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Lermods - Went with "Ice Blue" to highlight the Owl. Quick 1 minute install w alligator clips. Had my camera a little forward when taking the pic so it looks a little washed out. looks great in person while playing.

Yup, I use his stuff too. Good price, easy install

#2257 2 years ago

The expression lighting is one of my favorite things on the LE. I haven't played any of my other machines in the last couple of weeks since Rush arrived, but had a chance to play both Godzilla and Iron Maiden yesterday.

OMG the other playfields look so DARK now. I actually thought that some of my GI had gone out on IMDN at first, but I felt the exact same way when I played GZ. I have become so accustomed to the extra side lighting.

I've never been a fan of Pinstadiums because they wash out the effects of the light shows, but I now somewhat understand the appeal. I'm going to have to work on the lighting on my other machines (spots, translucent rubber, trough lights, etc)

Anybody else experience the same thing?

#2258 2 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

The expression lighting is one of my favorite things on the LE. I haven't played any of my other machines in the last couple of weeks since Rush arrived, but had a chance to play both Godzilla and Iron Maiden yesterday.
OMG the other playfields look so DARK now. I actually thought that some of my GI had gone out on IMDN at first, but I felt the exact same way when I played GZ. I have become so accustomed to the extra side lighting.
I've never been a fan of Pinstadiums because they wash out the effects of the light shows, but I now somewhat understand the appeal. I'm going to have to work on the lighting on my other machines (spots, translucent rubber, trough lights, etc)

Expression lighting is really great and blows away pinst@dium. I have it on LZ LE and wish that it was on Rush premium from the factory. I'm on two lists at this point and hope Stern makes a bunch of them SOON!

#2259 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Expression lighting is really great and blows away pinst@dium. I have it on LZ LE and wish that it was on Rush premium from the factory. I'm on two lists at this point and hope Stern makes a bunch of them SOON!

The fact that they are choreographed as a part of the light show is what makes them so incredible. This could never be done aftermarket.

#2260 2 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

The fact that they are choreographed as a part of the light show is what makes them so incredible. This could never be done aftermarket.

That code integration is what makes them special. When I think of the amount of music in this game, and how much complex and challenging programming, choreography and other work that must be done JUST for the Expression lights...

Make sure you don't leave Tim, Ray and their team thirsty, the next time you see them!

#2261 2 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:The expression lighting is one of my favorite things on the LE. I haven't played any of my other machines in the last couple of weeks since Rush arrived, but had a chance to play both Godzilla and Iron Maiden yesterday.

I will almost certainly order this when available for the Pro.

#2262 2 years ago
Quoted from joetechbob:

Remove protectors, lay down mylar and then replace straightened protectors.
For mylar: One square covering entire hole (inch or so margin around hole), then with an xacto knife, cut an X shape such that you have triangular flaps for each edge. Fold these flaps under, forming them to the sides of the hole. Then, a second layer: Cut rectangular strips that are wide enough to cover each edge of the hole, and long enough to cover from the black key line to under the playfield (about an inch margin).
Don't forget to add mylar to the dead end/up kicker shot to prevent chipping there.
Attached a photo of mine with mylar. Can hardly tell it's there.
[quoted image]

Has anyone been able to get confirmation if this is okay from Stern? I emailed asking if I could put mylar under the protector without voiding my warranty? or if I didn't and the protector damaged the playfield, would they replace it? They won't confirm either way

#2263 2 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Has anyone been able to get confirmation if this is okay from Stern? I emailed asking if I could put mylar under the protector without voiding my warranty? or if I didn't and the protector damaged the playfield, would they replace it? They won't confirm either way

I was told by the distro and the CSR at Stern to leave it.

#2264 2 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

You might get a free unpopulated playfield that you will never swap out if you follow Stern's guidance to not do anything while your temporary fix is not protecting your scoops properly or you can put mylar down until the permanent fix comes out. In all honesty how are they going to know you had mylar down for a period of time while waiting? Do what you have to do to protect your game period because the temporary fix is not a fix, just preventing less damage but damage is still occuring.

#2265 2 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

I wouldn't get my hopes up for a populated replacement playfield if there is damage--with or without mylar--unless it's really, really bad. (That said, mylar will all but guarantee no damage when combined with the protector)

Just my 2 cents, but I wouldn't leave it to chance...

#2266 2 years ago

My distributor said my premium will be the June run. Hope by then the code will be more complete and the scoop protectors are fixed.

#2267 2 years ago
Quoted from kool1:

I was told by the distro and the CSR at Stern to leave it.

"leave it" as in "leave the protector on, don't put mylar under it"?

Quoted from manadams:

You might get a free unpopulated playfield that you will never swap out if you follow Stern's guidance to not do anything while your temporary fix is not protecting your scoops properly or you can put mylar down until the permanent fix comes out. In all honesty how are they going to know you had mylar down for a period of time while waiting? Do what you have to do to protect your game period because the temporary fix is not a fix, just preventing less damage but damage is still occuring.

What "temporary fix" are you talking about? Whether or not I'd swap a playfield, if I ever sell the game you know that a damaged playfield without a replacement handy is going to get less value. I'm not keen on costing myself hundreds of dollars trying to fix stern's mistakes if they're not going to at least confirm I won't make things worse for myself voiding my warranty

Quoted from joetechbob:

I wouldn't get my hopes up for a populated replacement playfield if there is damage--with or without mylar--unless it's really, really bad. (That said, mylar will all but guarantee no damage when combined with the protector)
Just my 2 cents, but I wouldn't leave it to chance...

I'd think that putting mylar under it is the best course, yeah, but Stern specifically is avoiding saying it's okay to do this. Since there is presumably a permanent fix coming eventually, "not leaving it to chance", to me, is to just not play the game until I have the permanent fix installed, since there is no alternative that is guaranteed to be covered under the warranty, apparently

Again, putting mylar under the protector is a pretty obvious step to me, and I'd never have thought anything of it until stern started saying not to take the protector off, and wouldn't confirm to me that mylar was okay. I'm just looking if anyone has gotten any confirmed, non-warranty-voiding information from stern beyond "just leave the bad protector on your playfield and let it potentially dig holes into the wood"

#2268 2 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

What "temporary fix" are you talking about?

I assumed you had an LE which has the temp scoop fix with the metal forks over top of the sides of front scoop. If you have a pro then it is even more urgent you put something down to protect it regardless of what Stern advises to not do.

#2269 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

was it hard to install the expression lights? did you really have to take playfield off the pin to install? i seen the video where he did that

#2270 2 years ago

I have one bolt that will not go in on the front left leg on my LE. I've tried it from the front and the back. Suggestions?

#2271 2 years ago
Quoted from upsfeedr:

was it hard to install the expression lights? did you really have to take playfield off the pin to install? i seen the video where he did that

On LED Zeppelin expression lights came installed on both Premium and LE, so I've not done an installation. Unfortunately it only comes on LE for Rush. It doesn't look too difficult. The expression lighting basically sits and screws in a routed out channel and connects to an existing harness. The kit will come with art blades that match the art on the strips themselves.

These lights are really well designed with excellent diffusing over the LEDs. They give both cool visuals along the sides of the game AND colorful GI type lighting on the playfield and all without burning bright spots which would be uncomfortable on the eyes.

#2272 2 years ago
Quoted from jonboy71:

I have one bolt that will not go in on the front left leg on my LE. I've tried it from the front and the back. Suggestions?

Try swapping with another bolt from another leg to see if the problem is the bolt itself or the nutplate inside the game. Also, sometimes the plastic leg protector is attached to the cabinet off center a little and keeps the bolt from going straight into the hole...

#2273 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

I assumed you had an LE which has the temp scoop fix with the metal forks over top of the sides of front scoop. If you have a pro then it is even more urgent you put something down to protect it regardless of what Stern advises to not do.

Sorry, yeah, a pro.

#2274 2 years ago
Quoted from jonboy71:

I spray the threads with silicone spray to make them easier to go in. Stern's leg plate threading has gotten really rough, so it feels like you're cross-threading on a NIB machine when you're not. Probably more hidden cost reduction.

#2275 2 years ago
Quoted from jonboy71:

Re-tap the captive nut. If you deal with pins for very long you're going to want a tap for leg bolts anyway. Be gentle starting it but it should go into the captive nut in the leg anchor without a ton of force.

If you can't re-tap it you can always just replace the leg anchor. They're not expensive and fairly easy to swap out.

Not sure if this one is compatible with current Sterns, but this is what I'm finding:

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/535-7394-00

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2276 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I spray the threads with silicone spray to make them easier to go in. Stern's leg plate threading has gotten really rough, so it feels like you're cross-threading on a NIB machine when you're not. Probably more hidden cost reduction.

Or powder coated leg bolts.

#2277 2 years ago
Quoted from jonboy71:

I helped set up a GZ that had a bolt that wouldn't start. It turned out that a staple that holds the triangular piece of wood in the corner was in the way. Something to check.
In

#2278 2 years ago

Does anyone else HATE the service buttons they're using on Rush? The LE here has really mushy buttons with no spring/resistance to speak of and no stroke, so you end up sometimes getting two or three presses instead of a single one with proper resistance when you press. Sometimes you get nothing and have to re-press. Do I have defective buttons, or is this another stealth cost-reduction?

#2279 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Does anyone else HATE the service buttons they're using on Rush? The LE here has really mushy buttons with no spring/resistance to speak of and no stroke, so you end up sometimes getting two or three presses instead of a single one with proper resistance when you press. Sometimes you get nothing and have to re-press. Do I have defective buttons, or is this another stealth cost-reduction?

Same issue.

#2280 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

OMG I thought it was just my buttons...

#2281 2 years ago

Mine are just fine on my 4 Sterns

#2282 2 years ago

Someone much earlier in this thread described this machine as “play. Hit start and play again. Then repeat.” They nailed it. This game makes you want to keep playing. More and more.

Same complaint RE: the crappy service buttons, BTW!

#2283 2 years ago

#772 is in the house now.

RushLE (resized).jpgRushLE (resized).jpg
#2284 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Mine are just fine on my 4 Sterns

Mine have been fine up until Rush. It seems like they have made a change, and not for the better.

#2285 2 years ago
Quoted from cataylox:

#772 is in the house now.[quoted image]

fits in that space nicely.

#2286 2 years ago
Quoted from jonboy71:

Go back through this thread. The issue came up a couple times when the LE's first came out. Some of the inside leg plates weren't mounted correctly so when you remove the bolt they shift. Easiest solution is to unscrew the leg bolt mounts, put the leg on (with the machine off the ground) then screw the mount plate back into place.

#2287 2 years ago
Quoted from cataylox:

#772 is in the house now.[quoted image]

You Get that from Jordan at NextLevelPinball?

#2288 2 years ago
Quoted from kool1:

I closed up my Pro outlanes. I need all the help I can get. I think the VUK on the premium helps slow the game down and sets up nice shots, the dead end on Pro can go SDTM.

We always had a safe return on the dead-end shot. The delay in the VUK firing is really annoying.. it's like intentionally delayed like it's going to play some effect, but never does. Hopefully software tightens that up.

#2289 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Been a problem for awhile on the last few games... the buttons just don't seem to make reliable contact and need more presses. Just crappy parts.

#2290 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

We always had a safe return on the dead-end shot. The delay in the VUK firing is really annoying.. it's like intentionally delayed like it's going to play some effect, but never does. Hopefully software tightens that up.

I agree. It would feel way better if it fired immediately

#2291 2 years ago

Absolutely love this game but, I Definitely have to open up the out lanes more and bring the difficulty up a bump.
25 minute first ball.
35minute gameplays at times.
I’m just banging the ball around with out really knowing everything yet.
There’s so many spots to buy some time during multi ball play
Code is still new and know it will keep getting better.
I set the tilt weight a little in favor of the machine.
Does everyone install tilt feature for home play? It’s a must for me i know some dont
Also is everyone setting the side scoop for ball lock?

#2292 2 years ago
Quoted from upsfeedr:

You Get that from Jordan at NextLevelPinball?

Yes, Picked it up today!

#2293 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Been a problem for awhile on the last few games... the buttons just don't seem to make reliable contact and need more presses. Just crappy parts.

It didn't stand out to me on Godzilla Pro's service menu, but I'm DEFINITELY noticing on Rush LE. Hate them.

#2294 2 years ago
Quoted from cataylox:

Yes, Picked it up today!

I get mine there tomorrow!!!

#2295 2 years ago

TAKE YOURSELF A FRIEND

20220308_152414 (resized).jpg20220308_152414 (resized).jpg
#2296 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I can confirm, I saw your machine there this morning. Living only 3 miles away from the place helped get mine quick.

#2297 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Dead end is usually safe alone but not always and during multiball it makes the playfield much busier with more drains.

#2298 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Alright Hayfarmer gets the last 1. Sorry I am not chuckling at your expense.

#2299 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Don't know any better so fine for me.

#2300 2 years ago
Quoted from J-drum11:

Absolutely love this game but, I Definitely have to open up the out lanes more and bring the difficulty up a bump.
25 minute first ball.
35minute gameplays at times.
I’m just banging the ball around with out really knowing everything yet.
There’s so many spots to buy some time during multi ball play
Code is still new and know it will keep getting better.
I set the tilt weight a little in favor of the machine.
Does everyone install tilt feature for home play? It’s a must for me i know some dont
Also is everyone setting the side scoop for ball lock?

Set your game to 6.8 - 7.0 slope and open the outlane posts to the top hole on each side. A small change like that can impact ball times greatly. And yes, keep a moderately-sensitive tilt.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

10,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tatamy, PA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Blaine, WASHINGTON
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Gameroom Mods

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 8.00
Apparel - Unisex
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

There are 17,884 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 358.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1/page/46?hl=hoteldrummer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.