20240410_181338 (resized).jpg
IMG_1438 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240407_184826850.MP.jpg
IMG_5558 (resized).jpeg
PNG image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6461 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,890 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 358.
#2201 2 years ago
Quoted from Mookie:

Expression lights still out.
Check connections inside for this feature are all tight.
Is this common issue.

No it's not common, contact Stern support on their website about the issue. Maybe the board that controls them is bad and they need to send you a replacement.

#2202 2 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Sucks to still be waiting for my LE and you're getting your premium already

Still waiting here too, although they have been in a warehouse for 10 days now, 30 miles from distributor, no drivers is what he's being told. Just think tho, no wear on our scoops!

#2203 2 years ago

Kinda sucks you guys dont have yours yet but the scalpers sure have theirs.

#2204 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Kinda sucks you guys dont have yours yet but the scalpers sure have theirs.

May they all choke on em

#2205 2 years ago

I’m curious, what pins have people sold to make room/$$ for Rush?

I decided to sell my LOTR after owning it for 18 years. I can’t say yet whether Rush will be “better”, but it’s a completely different game for sure (aside from the Time Machine / One Ring). While I’ve had zero problems with Whitestar, it’ll be nice to modernize the sound, graphics and display. I suspect Rush will end up being a classic, in the same way Metallica is. It’s the first Stern music pin since Metallica where the band got actively involved, and I think that kind of enthusiasm makes a game better. I traded Gimli’s callouts for Geddy’s, and I think I’m okay with that.

#2206 2 years ago

So hopefully enough of the machines are out to ask the question: what are the must-have mods?

So far I’ve added a sub, replaced the stock (on the pro) 4” speakers, added mirror blades, and installed PDI Glass. I also have some flasher covers that are pretty cool. And I have that replacement switch from M&M coming.

I know this isn’t GZ or TZ but are there any must-have mods?

#2207 2 years ago

The scoop on my Premium is still Mint! lol

Likely somewhere on the assembly line
Or maybe even packed ready to be shipped.

But that scoop is mint and will likely stay as such until a real solution is made available.
I’m betting on Cliffy.

Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Still waiting here too, although they have been in a warehouse for 10 days now, 30 miles from distributor, no drivers is what he's being told. Just think tho, no wear on our scoops!

#2208 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

My collection has been pretty set in stone for a long time...and it was playing & loving Stern JP that got me to finally say "I want some new games, time to kill off some old ones." I sold ToM to get JP Prem. I sold TSPP to get Godzilla LE. I just sold CV & MMr to make room for Ultraman CE & Rush LE. I actually was gonna sell 1 more for space, but I think I just figured out a way to re-arrange things so I don't have to.

#2209 2 years ago
Quoted from Mookie:

Is this common issue.

I'm getting a new node 2 board tomorrow from Stern. Mine worked, but were all glitchy or locking on. There isn't much to these lights. A node board, distribution board, some wiring and cat5 cables.

Does your node 2 board (left side of cabinet about 1/2 way back) have two steady red LEDs for voltage present and one yellow LED that flickers for communication?

#2210 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I sold TSPP to get Godzilla LE

I just have 2 pins left from 1990-2010, Congo and POTC. I’m super tempted to sell one of those to get GZ Premium, but I feel like I’d be sacrificing “era variety”, if that makes sense. Maybe I’ll sell Fathom or Medusa instead, since I have a bunch of early 80’s Bally pins.

#2211 2 years ago

One game I feel I can make these cool shots
and the next game the ball keeps draining on me.

But my LE is at home
my LE is home!

#2212 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I just have 2 pins left from 1990-2010, Congo and POTC. I’m super tempted to sell one of those to get GZ Premium, but I feel like I’d be sacrificing “era variety”, if that makes sense. Maybe I’ll sell Fathom or Medusa instead, since I have a bunch of early 80’s Bally pins.

It’s always tough to get some go…but go with your gut. Have you played your games a billion times? Are certain ones just kinda sitting there? It’s just stuff - if you want a GZ to play 1000 times, that’s a better use of that spot.

#2213 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I decided to sell my LOTR after owning it for 18 years. I can’t say yet whether Rush will be “better”, but it’s a completely different game for sure (aside from the Time Machine / One Ring). While I’ve had zero problems with Whitestar, it’ll be nice to modernize the sound, graphics and display. I suspect Rush will end up being a classic, in the same way Metallica is. It’s the first Stern music pin since Metallica where the band got actively involved, and I think that kind of enthusiasm makes a game better. I traded Gimli’s callouts for Geddy’s, and I think I’m okay with that.

I sold my Godzilla Premium. Not because I didn’t like it but it’s the game I can get again NIB the quickest and will be ran the longest compared to my other titles. It was also the most valuable and easiest to sell quickly. I have my Rush LE now and absolutely love it the more I play it but really miss my Godzilla. The bright side is when my second Godzilla shows up several months from now, it will be like getting a new exciting game all over again

#2214 2 years ago

Got my LE today. Nothing extra but the paperwork

#2215 2 years ago

I'm super excited. Ordered the Premium on 12/30. FedEx called today to schedule a delivery on a pallet.. a game. Oh boy! Can't wait till Wednesday! My build date was "supposed" to be April.

#2216 2 years ago
Quoted from Hoteldrummer:

I sold my Godzilla Premium. Not because I didn’t like it but it’s the game I can get again NIB the quickest and will be ran the longest compared to my other titles. It was also the most valuable and easiest to sell quickly. I have my Rush LE now and absolutely love it the more I play it but really miss my Godzilla. The bright side is when my second Godzilla shows up several months from now, it will be like getting a new exciting game all over again

Not to go off subject but, I have a Rush LE but
Just ordered a Godzilla premium without playing to have another machine
Won’t get til maybe August
Did I make a good move?

#2217 2 years ago

An educated guess says yes

C653483D-0078-49CC-A63A-4B8C258809F3 (resized).jpegC653483D-0078-49CC-A63A-4B8C258809F3 (resized).jpegD8363477-7085-4382-B198-2BF34008E776 (resized).jpegD8363477-7085-4382-B198-2BF34008E776 (resized).jpeg
#2218 2 years ago
Quoted from Mookie:

Is this common issue.

Do you have a multimeter?

Can you post a pic of the two small boards on the left side of the cabinet that the expression lighting plugs into?

#2219 2 years ago

image0 (2) (resized).jpegimage0 (2) (resized).jpegimage1 (1) (resized).jpegimage1 (1) (resized).jpeg

Man, if you can get the multiballs going on top of each other you can really score a ton pretty quickly. Still seemingly scratching the surface.....the pin is so much fun it's ridiculous.

#2220 2 years ago

Noticed our premium shipped with the outlanes closed all the way up. Our pro shipped in the middle position.

The premium is playing wayyy longer than our pro did initially and scores are way higher too

#2221 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Honestly, the exact same thing happened to me with a game previously. I decided to take a more assertive approach, went on Linkedin and connected with a VP from the company. Within 3 hours of sending my initial message to the person at the company, the game was in my basement. I was getting nowhere with Customer Service, same response for 9 days. Worth a shot.

#2222 2 years ago

I guess I just needed to cry here about it, a few hours after I posted, I got this from my distributor!! Headin down tmrw

IMG_9229 (resized).jpgIMG_9229 (resized).jpg

#2223 2 years ago
Quoted from J-drum11:

Did I make a good move?

Godzilla is a great game - can't go very wrong and it's easy to sell.

Quoted from flynnibus:

Noticed our premium shipped with the outlanes closed all the way up. Our pro shipped in the middle position.
The premium is playing wayyy longer than our pro did initially and scores are way higher too

I closed up my Pro outlanes. I need all the help I can get. I think the VUK on the premium helps slow the game down and sets up nice shots, the dead end on Pro can go SDTM.

#2224 2 years ago
Quoted from J-drum11:

Did I make a good move?

Absolutely!

#2225 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

The outlanes closed definitely make the game easier. I am planning on opening mine up as the game times are just way too long. Seems like whenever I want to play one quick game it ends up being 30+ mins.

The other major factor is the time machine ramp - the blue nubs open up the shot compared to the posts on the Pro. And as mentioned the VUK is safer than the dead end.

#2226 2 years ago

My Le came in. Has the scoop issue been resolved? Or is this still a issue?

#2227 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

An educated guess says yes
[quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome line up!!!

#2228 2 years ago
Quoted from calprog:

Mine has these two little spike looking arms that go over the outer part of the protector. Seems to be fine so far

#2229 2 years ago

Any more unboxing videos?

#2230 2 years ago
Quoted from Calgedy:

[quoted image][quoted image]
Man, if you can get the multiballs going on top of each other you can really score a ton pretty quickly. Still seemingly scratching the surface.....the pin is so much fun it's ridiculous.

Wow!!! I cranked out a 1.5b score and thought I was balling!! Lol. You killed it!!

#2231 2 years ago

When I opened the game, my first few scores were over a billion cuz of the ease of starting Multiball. I set the MB settings to normal (they’re easy by default) and now multiballs are far more sparse and feel more earned….and my scores are usually around 300k now lol

#2232 2 years ago
Quoted from jid:

So hopefully enough of the machines are out to ask the question: what are the must-have mods?
So far I’ve added a sub, replaced the stock (on the pro) 4” speakers, added mirror blades, and installed PDI Glass. I also have some flasher covers that are pretty cool. And I have that replacement switch from M&M coming.
I know this isn’t GZ or TZ but are there any must-have mods?

Don’t forget the shaker motor and real knocker kit. If you want the expression lighting kit, get one on order from your distro as well as topper.

#2233 2 years ago

Wouldn’t be surprised if in the next few updates we see some adjustments to default scoring or settings.
You guys are throwing down some serious numbers!

#2234 2 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Wouldn’t be surprised if in the next few updates we see some adjustments to default scoring or settings.
You guys are throwing down some serious numbers!

The combo jackpot is the big exploit that is causing these huge scores. If you get the Bass running (2x combos) during multiball, and are able to stack up multiple combos without collecting at the Time Machine, the collect will eventually be huge. Follow that up by shooting the side ramp Super Jackpot to collect that combo again at 2x....

Saw Escher Lefkoff do this exploit on stream and he got 11B+. This will get nerfed somehow.

I've not tried the exploit as I am shooting lots of Time Machine shots during multiball, so the jackpot doesn't grow.

I also heard that Laserlos got a 25B Drum Bonus on stream but have no clue how he did that.

#2235 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

When I opened the game, my first few scores were over a billion cuz of the ease of starting Multiball. I set the MB settings to normal (they’re easy by default) and now multiballs are far more sparse and feel more earned….and my scores are usually around 300k now lol

Yeah good idea, I was worried it would be too easy after a day of playing and getting pretty far

#2236 2 years ago

Added a trough light,Dalmation mod, and one flasher cover. Also changed the default settings from “extra easy” to “medium” and find the game a lot more to my liking.

EEDD99DA-FA4B-4CDF-BDF1-B1DD64BFE24E (resized).jpegEEDD99DA-FA4B-4CDF-BDF1-B1DD64BFE24E (resized).jpeg
#2237 2 years ago
Quoted from J-drum11:

Did I make a good move?

I hope so, I did the same.

#2238 2 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

The outlanes closed definitely make the game easier. I am planning on opening mine up as the game times are just way too long. Seems like whenever I want to play one quick game it ends up being 30+ mins.
The other major factor is the time machine ramp - the blue nubs open up the shot compared to the posts on the Pro. And as mentioned the VUK is safer than the dead end.

Pro is definitely a faster game. The VUK slows LE/Premium down and the pro ramp shot is harder.

I wish I had the problem of long games LOL.

#2239 2 years ago

Eric Stone w/ a 81B game last night. This was his final drain (warning - some choice language within)

https://clips.twitch.tv/DarkInquisitiveFalconKappaRoss-pCQXPexfrG3LDIlY

#2240 2 years ago

TBH, I don't care about the insane scoring and the bragging (or not) as not every machine is set up the same way, either from the menu settings, the outlane post settings or even the pitch...

I am curious as per who got to (and/or completed) any of the Cygnus X-1 mini wizard modes and if the 2112 wizard mode is already programmed (or not).

I had one game which I was only missing the 3rd time machine Multiball to start Cygnus...and had 4 modes completed. Still ended with only 500-ish Million...

Last night, I couldn't get over 100M...though of grabbing my sledgehammer...those outlanes and bad bounces...argh!!!

...but still LOVE the game though...so many things to do...if you can hit the shots LOL.

#2241 2 years ago
Quoted from calprog:

Mine has 100 plays and both protectors are lifting and look pretty beat up. Wood in lower scoop wearing. I have stopped playing until a permanent fix is in place. Haven’t taken the protectors off so I’m hoping the clear coat hasn’t chipped off.

#2242 2 years ago
Quoted from Bwheels:

Mine has 100 plays and both protectors are lifting and look pretty beat up. Wood in lower scoop wearing. I have stopped playing until a permanent fix is in place. Haven’t taken the protectors off so I’m hoping the clear coat hasn’t chipped off.

Remove protectors, lay down mylar and then replace straightened protectors.

For mylar: One square covering entire hole (inch or so margin around hole), then with an xacto knife, cut an X shape such that you have triangular flaps for each edge. Fold these flaps under, forming them to the sides of the hole. Then, a second layer: Cut rectangular strips that are wide enough to cover each edge of the hole, and long enough to cover from the black key line to under the playfield (about an inch margin).

Don't forget to add mylar to the dead end/up kicker shot to prevent chipping there.

Attached a photo of mine with mylar. Can hardly tell it's there.

PXL_20220308_181101941.MP.jpgPXL_20220308_181101941.MP.jpg
#2243 2 years ago
Quoted from Hoteldrummer:

Mine has these two little spike looking arms that go over the outer part of the protector. Seems to be fine so far

Still not a good fix
Keep Your eye on it

#2244 2 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

warning - some choice language within

Eric is a colorful guy!

#2245 2 years ago
Quoted from joetechbob:

For mylar: One square covering entire hole, then with an xacto knife, cut an X shape such that you have triangular flaps for each edge. Fold these flaps under, forming them to the sides of the hole. Then, a second layer: Cut rectangular strips that are wide enough to cover each edge of the hole, and long enough to cover from the black key line to under the playfield (about an inch margin).

Don't forget to add mylar to the dead end/up kicker shot to prevent chipping there.

This is great. I'm waiting for my machine, and ordered my first ever mylar. What I had envisioned is nowhere close to these great instructions.

#2246 2 years ago
Quoted from joetechbob:

For mylar: One square covering entire hole, then with an xacto knife, cut an X shape such that you have triangular flaps for each edge. Fold these flaps under, forming them to the sides of the hole. Then, a second layer: Cut rectangular strips that are wide enough to cover each edge of the hole, and long enough to cover from the black key line to under the playfield (about an inch margin).

Quoted from joetechbob:

Great advice thanks. I know they are still working on a fix so hope it works out. In the meantime I will do this so I can at least play it.

#2247 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

That makes sense.........

#2248 2 years ago
Quoted from frosken:

TBH, I don't care about the insane scoring and the bragging (or not) as not every machine is set up the same way, either from the menu settings, the outlane post settings or even the pitch...
I am curious as per who got to (and/or completed) any of the Cygnus X-1 mini wizard modes and if the 2112 wizard mode is already programmed (or not).
I had one game which I was only missing the 3rd time machine Multiball to start Cygnus...and had 4 modes completed. Still ended with only 500-ish Million...
Last night, I couldn't get over 100M...though of grabbing my sledgehammer...those outlanes and bad bounces...argh!!!
...but still LOVE the game though...so many things to do...if you can hit the shots LOL.

I need to set the multi-ball to normal. Not bragging, just wanted to post how easy it seemed to get to that number. I get it now....I have to change multi-ball settings.

#2249 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinplayer1967:

Don’t forget the shaker motor and real knocker kit. If you want the expression lighting kit, get one on order from your distro as well as topper.

Is it possible to order the topper now before its been released?

#2250 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

Is it possible to order the topper now before its been released?

Not yet, but you can get "on the list" for one with your distributor more than likely.

So I guess technically you can "order" one, but it's often more like an "interest check" and queue.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

6,799 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sellersburg, IN
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 8.00
Apparel - Unisex
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
WilliPinball Mods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 17,890 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 358.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1/page/45?hl=pinwoofer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.