20240410_181338 (resized).jpg
IMG_1438 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240407_184826850.MP.jpg
IMG_5558 (resized).jpeg
PNG image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6461 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,890 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 358.
#2151 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Played more than a few tonight and I’m still doing cartwheels about it being my first Stern LE ! My LE (via a great dude ) was the first to land .The scoop remedy “as is” is doing the job without a doubt .There’s a little ripple in the front but with as much as these scoops get hit , I’d describe it as status quo .Finishing the modes is Hard ! Left orbit is Hard ! Right Ramp is Hard! Jackpot Ramp is hard ! Setting up the 3rd combo shot is Hard !!! Achieving flow in gameplay is Easy !Hitting the start button again is Easy ! Having fun with this pin ,it’s gameplay , and feel good “call outs” is very easy and Fing Awesome !!! The lightshow is very unique with colors I have not seen in others .Rush music (very unique) is just what the Dr ordered for this one of a kind Masterpiece pinball that will soothe the masses for the longer than normal wait ahead Bottom line is after the next few updates , you will not want to be left standing without a chair .

Good Rush summary - I am far from a good player and I agree with all of that.

I am getting much better at the orbits but that inner jackpot ramp is a b* to hit and even if you do often it's not enough power to get it all the way up.

#2152 2 years ago

Anyone interested don a restored Whitewater plus some cash for a Rush LE?

#2153 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

…but if I locked in colors, the standups don’t change those, do they? If I locked in 2 orange & shoot the Rush standups, the locked in shots should stay orange - only uncollected records should change.

The standups only change the unlocked shots. The Instrument Lane behind the drops, however, will change the locked shots. So, if you don't want to start a particular mode for some reason, you can "reshuffle the deck" by hitting it.

#2154 2 years ago

For those of you looking for plastic protectors for Rush I've just listed a slingshot plastic protector set in my pinside shop. I have a small number of sets ready to ship today but I can make more quickly if the demand is there. There's a decent chance I'll be offering a few more plastic protectors in the near future as well. These will be added to the same page when they are ready but I won't post to this thread. If you have a particular plastics or list of plastic you are interested in let me know and I'll prioritize those plastic protectors. They are made from .06" PETG (1.5mm).

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1167-gameroom-mods/05938-stern-rush-protectors

Stern_Rush_SlingProtector-Both (resized).jpgStern_Rush_SlingProtector-Both (resized).jpgStern_Rush_SlingProtector-Right (resized).jpgStern_Rush_SlingProtector-Right (resized).jpg

#2155 2 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

It no doubt could be done better. It's convoluted enough at home. Just imagine on location. It is what it is, though.

The basics aren’t that convoluted. Pretty stock pinball fare.
-Shoot some records, start modes, play modes.
-Bash the Time Machine, get Multiball.
-Hit lock targets, hit ramp when lock insert lit, shoot scoop to lock for Far Cry MB.
-Targets spell Rush, hit Rush ramp, hurry up mode starts.
-Combos are labeled 1-2-3…then shoot Time Machine for Combo jackpot & to collect albums for “The Weapon”
-Drops/instruments get you scoring perks & also sets up Freewill MB
-Pop bumpers advance the clock which eventually gets you Headlong Flight MB

That’s all you gotta know for lots of fun. Now there’s also other nuance…but you can ignore it if you want.

#2156 2 years ago
Quoted from sudsy7:

The standups only change the unlocked shots. The Instrument Lane behind the drops, however, will change the locked shots. So, if you don't want to start a particular mode for some reason, you can "reshuffle the deck" by hitting it.

I understand that - but what I’m saying is that there have been times where I’ve got 2 solid blue records (Spirit of Radio)…and there are zero orange (Working Man) records lit or blinking…but Working Man is the song that’s ready to start. Seems weird/unintuitive.

#2157 2 years ago

y'all liked the shirt so much i decided to post the trophy (no i did not win it)

20220305_105314 (resized).jpg20220305_105314 (resized).jpg
#2158 2 years ago

LE Number 534 has arrived. Unfortunately getting a VUK error code. The ball goes in it sits there forever and then the whole machine cycles through looking for the ball before it eventually kicks it out. Distributor is talking to stern trying to figure out what’s going on

#2159 2 years ago
Quoted from kmad:

LE Number 534 has arrived. Unfortunately getting a VUK error code. The ball goes in it sits there forever and then the whole machine cycles through looking for the ball before it eventually kicks it out. Distributor is talking to stern trying to figure out what’s going on

Did you check the switch in the VUK to make sure it's registering?

#2160 2 years ago

The delivery and setup guys are talking to a tech on the phone with Stern so I’m letting them work it. The alarm code pops up at startup., The VUK plunges half a dozen times and the error code pops up before a ball even loads. Then when playing, a ball goes in it sits for 5 to 20+ seconds, then you can hear a bunch of clicks where it’s searching for a ball then after all that the ball pops up During multi ball 2 balls were in at once and it couldn’t pop either out.

#2161 2 years ago
Quoted from kmad:

The delivery and setup guys are talking to a tech on the phone with Stern so I’m letting them work it. The alarm code pops up at startup., The VUK plunges half a dozen times and the error code pops up before a ball even loads. Then when playing, a ball goes in it sits for 5 to 20+ seconds, then you can hear a bunch of clicks where it’s searching for a ball then after all that the ball pops up During multi ball 2 balls were in at once and it couldn’t pop either out.

Just sounds like the VUK switch needs to be adjusted or replaced. Does the switch register in switch test mode? That will tell you everything you need to know.

#2162 2 years ago

Almost sounds like the switch is stuck closed. Might be a miss-adjusted switch or wired up wrong using the normally closed contacts or just a bad switch.

#2163 2 years ago

Hmmm. No Rush LE in Top 100 and Rush Pro sits at #115.

#2164 2 years ago

Quick question:

Anyone having airballs/jump balls trying to hit the left ramp?

Noticed that when hitting the ball towards the ramp from the upper flipper, it often happens that the ball jumps and hits the jackpot light plastic and comes back (or also happened that the ball hits the top of the diverter and comes back down the ramp).

Over the past weekend, I get yet another "interesting shot": The ball jumps over the ramp and lands in the left orbit (after hitting the side and/or lands on the pop bumper plastics)

The upper flipper strength is set at normal or medium.

Also new behavior: shooting the spinner rejects the balls and comes back down (rather than loop into the upper flipper....and no, there was ZERO spinner shots beforehand.

Just wondering if anyone else have the same issues and/or have a quick fix for these occurrences.

#2165 2 years ago

It was a misalignment on the switch. It looked like it wasn’t touching the edge when you look down from the top but just below that apparently it was making a connection. Just need to be pulled a little bit to one side and all the problems cleared up. Woo hop. Up and running! Sweet shooting machine

#2166 2 years ago
Quoted from frosken:

Quick question:

Anyone having airballs/jump balls trying to hit the left ramp?

Noticed that when hitting the ball towards the ramp from the upper flipper, it often happens that the ball jumps and hits the jackpot light plastic and comes back (or also happened that the ball hits the top of the diverter and comes back down the ramp).

This is happening to mine too. Haven't been able to figure out what is causing it to airball. Maybe the screw on the ramp flap?

#2167 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I understand that - but what I’m saying is that there have been times where I’ve got 2 solid blue records (Spirit of Radio)…and there are zero orange (Working Man) records lit or blinking…but Working Man is the song that’s ready to start. Seems weird/unintuitive.

Stuff happens fast in this game. Take the glass off and play with the logic, so everything is in slow motion. If you then definitely find a bug, document the sequence that caused it and report it to the Stern software boys. It won't do any good to complain about it here.

#2168 2 years ago
Quoted from sudsy7:

Stuff happens fast in this game. Take the glass off and play with the logic, so everything is in slow motion. If you then definitely find a bug, document the sequence that caused it and report it to the Stern software boys. It won't do any good to complain about it here.

LOL, I'm not complaining. I'm asking others about their experiences to try to figure out if this is a bug or something I'm misunderstanding.

#2169 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

LOL, I'm not complaining. I'm asking others about their experiences to try to figure out if this is a bug or something I'm misunderstanding.

LOL. I just told you how to figure out if it's a bug!

#2170 2 years ago
Quoted from gripwhip:

Hmmm. No Rush LE in Top 100 and Rush Pro sits at #115.

Give it some time it will.
The machine is one of stern’s best imo

#2171 2 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

This is happening to mine too. Haven't been able to figure out what is causing it to airball. Maybe the screw on the ramp flap?

I’ve had some air balls once in awhile during a multi ball.
Once I set up the machine a little tighter in the level bubbles it died down for me
I also dropped the bottom flippers power down to normal

#2172 2 years ago
Quoted from J-drum11:

Give it some time it will.
The machine is one of stern’s best imo

It’s really amazing. It needed some out of the box tweaks to declunkify a few things - but now it plays like it should. I’ve got about 100 games on mine now, and I’m really, really happy with it. It’s a dream theme that came through with being a dream game in the end. I was skeptical at first - worried that a tweaked X-Men playfield, no Lyman (he was such a huge Rush fan, RIP), and perhaps too complex/confusing rules would result in a game I might not get into, despite loving the theme. But man - it all gels SO well. Borg’s design with SexRay’s rules are just WORKING. Fun, well choreographed, satisfying, addicting. Pretty organic up front rules with depth master later. Originally I was like “I have to buy it cuz it’s Rush, but if I don’t dig it…oh well, I’ll sell”….but now I’m like “BOLTED TO THE FUCKING FLOOR”.

#2173 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

The basics aren’t that convoluted. Pretty stock pinball fare.
-Shoot some records, start modes, play modes.
-Bash the Time Machine, get Multiball.
-Hit lock targets, hit ramp when lock insert lit, shoot scoop to lock for Far Cry MB.
-Targets spell Rush, hit Rush ramp, hurry up mode starts.
-Combos are labeled 1-2-3…then shoot Time Machine for Combo jackpot & to collect albums for “The Weapon”
-Drops/instruments get you scoring perks & also sets up Freewill MB
-Pop bumpers advance the clock which eventually gets you Headlong Flight MB
That’s all you gotta know for lots of fun. Now there’s also other nuance…but you can ignore it if you want.

Thanks for this...it actually helps a dimwit like me. I hate sifting through 10 pages of rules trying to decipher the gist of it.

#2174 2 years ago

Has anyone put a coat of "hard as nails" on the inside of the scoops or the VUK hole? How is it holding up if so?

#2175 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

with SexRay’s rules

B568FD6A-39CD-4F53-9792-0C4EA2C33470 (resized).jpegB568FD6A-39CD-4F53-9792-0C4EA2C33470 (resized).jpeg
#2176 2 years ago
Quoted from J-drum11:

I’ve had some air balls once in awhile during a multi ball.
Once I set up the machine a little tighter in the level bubbles it died down for me
I also dropped the bottom flippers power down to normal

What would the lower flipper strength have to do with airballs from the upper flipper?

#2177 2 years ago

Tim Sexton & RayDay = SEXRAY. I’m making this a thing. Embrace it.

#2178 2 years ago

Rarehero
is there something "else" that you're trying to tell us?

#2179 2 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

Rarehero
is there something "else" that you're trying to tell us?

Probably?

#2180 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Thanks for this...it actually helps a dimwit like me. I hate sifting through 10 pages of rules trying to decipher the gist of it.

Took me quite a few games to get the hang of it. Watching YouTube videos definitely helped with some strategies.

#2181 2 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

Rush Side Loop Switch Fix
As others have noted, the switch on the Side Loop (the shot between the Side Ramp and the Dead End Shot), has trouble registering strongly hit balls. I would estimate that less than 50% of my shots were being registered. This is not unique to my machine - I've seen it happen on just about every Rush I've seen on stream, and also on the Pro I've played on location. The problem is that fast balls will get some air going around that sharp turn, and won't fully depress the switch mechanism. You can try bending up the wire loop but you will risk bending it too far, and balls can get stuck when rolling down in the other direction.
This is not unique to Rush - I remember there was tight U turn shot on Rick and Morty that exhibited the exact same problem. The solution there was the exact same one here - swap out the physical switch with an MRS switch from Sonic
I contacted Matt last week and sent him some pictures - he had a switch mailed to me within a few days and I just installed it this morning. I took some pics while I was installing so thought I'd make a quick guide.
Here is the problem switch from both topside and bottom:
[quoted image][quoted image]
Here is what I got from Matt. The switch is very nicely made and fits perfectly in the slot.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
This is the original switch after removing the two hex screws fastening it to the playfield. The MRS has a nice length of tinned wire attached to it, so I just snipped off the two wires from the old switch.
[quoted image]
I then stripped the insulation of those wires about an inch, twisted the wires together, and soldered them. I used heat shrink tubing to prevent any shorts. Here is the final installed product:
[quoted image]
Lastly, this is what it looks like from above. The switch sits just below playfield level.
[quoted image]
I fired up the machine and played a test game and the switch worked perfectly. I didn't notice a single instance where it failed to trigger. I was just messing around at first just focusing on that one loop, but then got in the groove on ball 3 and ended up setting a new GC. Of course it was because of the switch.... LOL
[quoted image]

Having the same issue on my Pro. Thank you for the detailed write-up. I ordered a switch!

#2182 2 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

Did anyone get extra plastics or a key fob with their game? I didn't get anything.... Wishful thinking that maybe my game is just missing them? I guess if not included I will need to look at eBay or somewhere for a nice key fob. Any suggestions?

Nope! Nothing!

#2183 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It’s really amazing. It needed some out of the box tweaks to declunkify a few things - but now it plays like it should. I’ve got about 100 games on mine now, and I’m really, really happy with it. It’s a dream theme that came through with being a dream game in the end. I was skeptical at first - worried that a tweaked X-Men playfield, no Lyman (he was such a huge Rush fan, RIP), and perhaps too complex/confusing rules would result in a game I might not get into, despite loving the theme. But man - it all gels SO well. Borg’s design with SexRay’s rules are just WORKING. Fun, well choreographed, satisfying, addicting. Pretty organic up front rules with depth master later. Originally I was like “I have to buy it cuz it’s Rush, but if I don’t dig it…oh well, I’ll sell”….but now I’m like “BOLTED TO THE FUCKING FLOOR”.

Agree 100% with everything
Always wanted a Rush pinball
Wrote stern all the time
Had no intention of buying another game.
I found out about rush after the announcement.
Bought an LE because, I’m a huge Rush fan
And I’m very happy with the outcome all around. I will always be the one that says why did they not Have a spinning drum kit mechanism on the playfield but, I’m looking forward to the future updates.
I hope the topper is not a let down

#2184 2 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

What would the lower flipper strength have to do with airballs from the upper flipper?

Maybe I mis understood you?
I just saw airballs in General

#2185 2 years ago

In am legitimately expecting this to be the GOAT Topper. It will be next level.
And will require 8’ ceilings. Fact.

Quoted from J-drum11:

Agree 100% with everything
Always wanted a Rush pinball
Wrote stern all the time
Had no intention of buying another game.
I found out about rush after the announcement.
Bought an LE because, I’m a huge Rush fan
And I’m very happy with the outcome all around. I will always be the one that says why did they not Have a spinning drum kit mechanism on the playfield but, I’m looking forward to the future updates.
I hope the topper is not a let down

#2186 2 years ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

In am legitimately expecting this to be the GOAT Topper. It will be next level.
And will require 8’ ceilings. Fact.

Can’t wait

#2187 2 years ago

Favorite song light show so far? Mine right now is One Little Victory. The sound and lights on that one really work for me. Interested to hear which ones others think they nailed.

#2188 2 years ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

Favorite song light show so far? Mine right now is One Little Victory. The sound and lights on that one really work for me. Interested to hear which ones others think they nailed.

They're all really cool...I find myself digging Big Money...something about that neon pink light show just screams mid-80's...very appropriate for Big Money. There's one that goes full rainbow at one point, but I forget which one that is offhand. Fly By Night, maybe?

#2189 2 years ago

Just got the call earlier from my distributor.. Premium on way.. should be here Thursday afternoon!

#2190 2 years ago
Quoted from jid:

Having the same issue on my Pro. Thank you for the detailed write-up. I ordered a switch!

Where did you order the switch from.

#2191 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

They're all really cool...I find myself digging Big Money...something about that neon pink light show just screams mid-80's...very appropriate for Big Money. There's one that goes full rainbow at one point, but I forget which one that is offhand. Fly By Night, maybe?

Nice. I will go back and give Big Money a closer look.

#2192 2 years ago

Waiting on my home Pro still and my eye was, admittedly, wandering to a couple other options. So I went back out to the nearby location and confirmed that, yes, I am still in on this game. Shots are a blast, even if a little lopsided. Time Machine is difficult enough to make it a novelty. I didn't live in the scoops, thankfully, and when I did hit them it was a nice breather. And I have to say, I actually like the dead end shot on the Pro. It feeds back to the right flipper so cleanly - I feel like I might get tired of the pause and upkick on the Prem/LE (this also may just be my way of justifying a cheaper spend lol). Callouts are goofy and fun, just how pinball should be.

Two things I am hoping for clarity on from those who are deeper on the rules than I am:

1) When I hit the first record shot on the playfield (for example, pink for Big Money), it will lock in that song, right? But there were times I would do that and it seemed there were then no other pink shots to hit for a bit. Do I just need to hit the same pink shot again to get everything changing toward pink to rack up more record shots before starting the mode?

2) A couple times all the shots went white - not sure if this was during Bastille Day, or if some other objective. Little help?

All in all, looking forward to getting this in the garage, hopefully sometime in April. I need to brush up on how to get some bigger points (maxed out at 166 M) but it should be a ton of fun to flip!

#2193 2 years ago
Quoted from upsfeedr:

Where did you order the switch from.

Send a PM to Sonic. Or search this big thread (yes this one) for the write up from TinyBlackDog with the switch info. I sent a PM to Sonic and had it ordered pretty quickly. Once you start counting the # of times it doesn’t register you realize your score depends on this switch!

#2194 2 years ago

Last night I did something I'd never be able to so on any machine with ramps. I switched the flippers to the soft setting. Surprisingly, I could still make every shot easily. Best of all, it's not beating the crap out of the scoops.

#2195 2 years ago

nm, figured it out myself

#2196 2 years ago

Everyone's talking about all the songs they would have liked to have seen on the machine. That got me thinking Stern could take a hint from CGC's and how they're releasing a 'special' edition of code for CCR at an additional price.

Stern wouldn't even have to put a lot of effort into it. Just get the rights to a couple more songs then charge customers to add them into the background music library.

I'd certainly pay money to have some of the stuff from albums that were left out doing nothing more than blasting while I'm playing.

#2197 2 years ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

Waiting on my home Pro still and my eye was, admittedly, wandering to a couple other options. So I went back out to the nearby location and confirmed that, yes, I am still in on this game. Shots are a blast, even if a little lopsided. Time Machine is difficult enough to make it a novelty. I didn't live in the scoops, thankfully, and when I did hit them it was a nice breather. And I have to say, I actually like the dead end shot on the Pro. It feeds back to the right flipper so cleanly - I feel like I might get tired of the pause and upkick on the Prem/LE (this also may just be my way of justifying a cheaper spend lol). Callouts are goofy and fun, just how pinball should be.
Two things I am hoping for clarity on from those who are deeper on the rules than I am:
1) When I hit the first record shot on the playfield (for example, pink for Big Money), it will lock in that song, right? But there were times I would do that and it seemed there were then no other pink shots to hit for a bit. Do I just need to hit the same pink shot again to get everything changing toward pink to rack up more record shots before starting the mode?
2) A couple times all the shots went white - not sure if this was during Bastille Day, or if some other objective. Little help?
All in all, looking forward to getting this in the garage, hopefully sometime in April. I need to brush up on how to get some bigger points (maxed out at 166 M) but it should be a ton of fun to flip!

1) you can't lock in a mode. Whichever color you collect the most of is the mode you'll play. If there are no more flashing records of the color you want hit the rush targets to randomize the colors of the flashing records
2) that happens after you complete the drops to collect an instrument bonus and reset them iirc

#2198 2 years ago
Quoted from PBINTHESOUTH:

Just got the call earlier from my distributor.. Premium on way.. should be here Thursday afternoon!

Sucks to still be waiting for my LE and you're getting your premium already

#2199 2 years ago

Expression lights still out.

Check connections inside for this feature are all tight.

Is this common issue.

#2200 2 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Sucks to still be waiting for my LE and you're getting your premium already

Sucks to be picking up a Premium when you have an LE coming. Haha.

(I’m kidding, very happy to be getting a Premium.)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
WilliPinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Virginia Beach, VA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

6,799 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sellersburg, IN
$ 16.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lermods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 17,890 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 358.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1/page/44?hl=konjurer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.