IMG_6410 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2562 (resized).jpg
IMG_2578 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2574 (resized).jpeg
20240322_163542 (resized).jpg
20240322_163631 (resized).jpg
20240319_194137 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,884 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 358.
#2051 2 years ago
Quoted from Photopin:

There's been a few people (including myself) post about this, but so far no one's provided a solution. With me it happens on about 80% of the soft shots where I try to set up the Skill Shot.

On mine it sometimes glances off of the wire guide rail on the left hand side. I think I need to adjust the angle of the shooter rod as I've found that it's better if I pull the head of the rod slightly to the left as I plunge.

#2052 2 years ago
Quoted from ghostbc:

Anyone seen this? I am on the code it shipped with .88 and during 2 of my best games the music disappears , game sounds are still there. Next ball music comes back. Also had a two player game going with the wife and it just shut down completely, and came back only after a reboot .

Mine totally froze on one of the songs using version 88 had to power it off too. Updated code to version 89 and played 10 games with no issues so far.

#2053 2 years ago
Quoted from fswanson24:

The show is actually in Louisville, KY. The Louisville Arcade and Pinball Expo. Zach always has a fantastic setup there. Get there early, he usually sells out pretty quick with what he brings.

Yes we are actually taking orders for the Show Specials now and we still have a Rush Pro and Premium available as of this writing.

#2055 2 years ago

RUSH LE #502
Made it up the stairs.
Loving this game!

RUSH LE 502 (resized).jpgRUSH LE 502 (resized).jpgrush le 502 3 (resized).jpgrush le 502 3 (resized).jpg
#2056 2 years ago
Quoted from Photopin:

There's been a few people (including myself) post about this, but so far no one's provided a solution. With me it happens on about 80% of the soft shots where I try to set up the Skill Shot.

I'm having this too, yeah. Haven't find a cause yet

#2057 2 years ago

I can finally join this room. 20+ years in this hobby hoping for RUSH to get made. Ordered an LE months ago and tuned out the release, Pro streams, locations with the game, etc... as I wanted ZERO spoilers. It showed up Wednesday and I just can't stop. John, Ray and everyone involved crushed it in every capacity. So many shots, yet so much flow. The metallic cabinet art and mirror backglass are AMAZING. I like the Avatar/WPT prong captive ball lock, the TWD drop target concept, the LOTR/Austin Powers center, the button "digital Phurba", and soooo much more. And to think how early the code is and it's already great. Just in awe. For years I thought Metallica was Borg's best design. It may have a new rival.

#2058 2 years ago
Quoted from ghostbc:

Anyone seen this? I am on the code it shipped with .88 and during 2 of my best games the music disappears , game sounds are still there. Next ball music comes back. Also had a two player game going with the wife and it just shut down completely, and came back only after a reboot .

I have had this happen as well. Tends to be on the longer balls that I cant seem to finish mode and cant drain lol.

#2059 2 years ago
Quoted from wxforecaster:

I can finally join this room. 20+ years in this hobby hoping for RUSH to get made. Ordered an LE months ago and tuned out the release, Pro streams, locations with the game, etc... as I wanted ZERO spoilers. It showed up Wednesday and I just can't stop. John, Ray and everyone involved crushed it in every capacity. So many shots, yet so much flow. The metallic cabinet art and mirror backglass are AMAZING. I like the Avatar/WPT prong captive ball lock, the TWD drop target concept, the LOTR/Austin Powers center, the button "digital Phurba", and soooo much more. And to think how early the code is and it's already great. Just in awe. For years I thought Metallica was Borg's best design. It may have a new rival.

Rush is all my dreams. I still can't believe it's in my basement.

#2060 2 years ago

The best of Borg designs. No bad shots. Ill say its more enjoyable to shoot that Metallica.

#2061 2 years ago

Grab an LE while you can.

#2062 2 years ago

In terms of the sound, can anyone tell me if buying the headphones adapter with good set of headphones is as good as the amp/sub combo?

#2063 2 years ago
Quoted from Calgedy:

My pin cover.[quoted image]

Love it! I am using one to eliminate paw prints.

#2064 2 years ago
Quoted from jpc211245:

In terms of the sound, can anyone tell me if buying the headphones adapter with good set of headphones is as good as the amp/sub combo?

Headphones are an amazing experience but different… I dig both set ups

3EFC5089-6863-46B9-8C2E-56ADC0056129 (resized).jpeg3EFC5089-6863-46B9-8C2E-56ADC0056129 (resized).jpeg
#2065 2 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

Grab an LE while you can.

I agree. With the scoop is looking far improved now, and the code is young, This is a remarkable theme and flow that is huge winner IMO. Additionally no new Stern games until August puts a lot of focus on the most recent production which is Rush.

Interested in what the topper will be because I heard Borg say it was going to be something very specialized.

#2066 2 years ago
Quoted from ccw2112:

[quoted image]

Was it difficult to install? Total apprentice here, if that.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2067 2 years ago
Quoted from jpc211245:

Was it difficult to install? Total apprentice here, if that.

Stern headphone adapter is dead simple to install.

#2068 2 years ago
Quoted from ccw2112:

[quoted image]

Huh, interesting and useless bit of trivia looking at that photo, Rush is the only LCD era Stern, JJP, AP, or Spooky not to have standard Suzo-Happ coin reject buttons. CGC and Heighway use the Suzo-Happ buttons with the fingers holding a coin. DP uses something entirely different. I should go to bed.

#2069 2 years ago

The PHoF in Vegas got tired of having to pull the glass off and bend that tin can Cliffy knockoff every 10 games, so the owner just pulled it off. So now there is a Pro Rush as originally designed.

Yes, I’m sure the playfield will be chipping soon.

Can’t be any worse than the JJP WoZ.

#2070 2 years ago
Quoted from prl867:

tin can Cliffy knockoff

I love a great many things about our hobby.

I would really like the opportunity to love the fact that manufacturerS signed deals with Cliff and got some things in place so there was continuity when Cliff decided to enjoy a well-deserved retirement in the not so distant future.

#2071 2 years ago
Quoted from Photopin:

Same here. It rattles so much it helps me make the super skill shots because it falls back down towards the upper right flipper.

#2072 2 years ago

On the brightside: 1. The issues with the quality of this particular release will hopefully drive the cost down to those out there flipping.
2. Serves as a wakeup call to Stern's engineers and QA.

#2073 2 years ago
Quoted from prl867:

The PHoF in Vegas got tired of having to pull the glass off and bend that tin can Cliffy knockoff every 10 games, so the owner just pulled it off. So now there is a Pro Rush as originally designed.
Yes, I’m sure the playfield will be chipping soon.
Can’t be any worse than the JJP WoZ.

I think the scoop protector issue has more to do with design of the scoop, closer proximity to the flippers and flipper power at max from the factory than subpar metal compared to what Cliffy uses. I turned my flipper power down from hard to soft before the first game and can make all the shots just fine.

#2074 2 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Same here. It rattles so much it helps me make the super skill shots because it falls back down towards the upper right flipper.

On soft shots, mine rattles so much at the incline that it just drops back down. The most annoying thing is, the auto launch then shoots the ball before I can make a second attempt. I was trying to see if there was a way to turn that off other than disabling it completely.

#2075 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

I think the scoop protector issue has more to do with design of the scoop, closer proximity to the flippers and flipper power at max from the factory than subpar metal compared to what Cliffy uses. I turned my flipper power down from hard to soft before the first game and can make all the shots just fine.

And removing the protector and adding Mylar worked great! I have been working on replicating the Stern LE protector with some steel but haven’t quite got it down yet. Hoping Stern beats me to it.

This is with over 200 plays. Not bad, eh?

Yes I did double Mylar. But it works.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#2076 2 years ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

Huh, interesting and useless bit of trivia looking at that photo, Rush is the only LCD era Stern, JJP, AP, or Spooky not to have standard Suzo-Happ coin reject buttons. CGC and Heighway use the Suzo-Happ buttons with the fingers holding a coin. DP uses something entirely different. I should go to bed.

My last 3 games came without them. Stern buttons now. Godzilla mando and now rush.

#2077 2 years ago
Quoted from jid:And removing the protector and adding Mylar worked great! I have been working on replicating the Stern LE protector with some steel but haven’t quite got it down yet. Hoping Stern beats me to it.
This is with over 200 plays. Not bad, eh?
Yes I did double Mylar. But it works.[quoted image][quoted image]

I'm going to do this if I'm not happy with the Stern solution on my pro but I don't want to void my warranty just yet...

#2078 2 years ago

Did anyone get extra plastics or a key fob with their game? I didn't get anything.... Wishful thinking that maybe my game is just missing them? I guess if not included I will need to look at eBay or somewhere for a nice key fob. Any suggestions?

#2079 2 years ago
Quoted from ccw2112:

[quoted image]

Considering this, but the first step was to make sure the whole neighborhood can hear it. I cut the molex connector just to the left of the bottom speaker cabinet, and spliced in a new one with an additional run of speaker wire that I fed along the left cabinet strain relief cables and out beneath one of the mesh-plated holes at the back (removed one staple). Fed that into a nice 10" subwoofer and let me tell you. Geddy's bass and some of Stern's digital sound effect IMMEDIATELY come to love.

BTW, the bands call out in the game. SUPER impressed with Geddy and Alex's work. It's clear to me that Ed Robertson's voice coaching for how to make the reads work in pinball was a HUGE success.

My hands down favorite. I probably missed it the first 3 times and then I had the "a-ha" moment and couldn't stop laughing.
When you start La Villa Strangiato, sometimes Geddy will say "Alex and I wrote the lyrics for this one".

#2080 2 years ago

BTW, the bands call out in the game. SUPER impressed with Geddy and Alex's work. It's clear to me that Ed Robertson's voice coaching for how to make the reads work in pinball was a HUGE success.
My hands down favorite. I probably missed it the first 3 times and then I had the "a-ha" moment and couldn't stop laughing.
When you start La Villa Strangiato, sometimes Geddy will say "Alex and I wrote the lyrics for this one".

That's a great one, but the one that really made me laugh out loud was during Working Man: Geddy says "Uh oh, HR wants to see you"

Anyone who has to deal with a corporate HR department will understand....

#2081 2 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

Did anyone get extra plastics or a key fob with their game? I didn't get anything.... Wishful thinking that maybe my game is just missing them? I guess if not included I will need to look at eBay or somewhere for a nice key fob. Any suggestions?

Mine only came with a manual and what looks like a QR code sticker that I assume is to cover up the IC reader.

You used to get extra plastics, drop target stickers, pricing cards, etc. Now...nothing.

#2082 2 years ago

Just had my whole machine lock up in middle of multi ball.
Playfield lights all went dark , music stopped playing and screen froze.
Anyone else yet?
Obviously a bug

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2083 2 years ago
Quoted from J-drum11:

Anyone else yet?
Obviously a bug

Yes. Happened to me last night at the start of one of the time machine multiballs. The display just froze and everything else went dark. Had to power off the machine. This is my first lockup in close to 100 games, so overall I think the code is really stable.

#2084 2 years ago

I find it interesting too that people complain about cost cutting, but I noticed the pf support rails are back on the pro. First one I've bought in a while so not sure when the added them back in but thank you Stern!

#2085 2 years ago
Quoted from J-drum11:

Anyone else yet?
Obviously a bug

I had same thing happen. Are you on .88 or .89? I am on .88.

#2086 2 years ago

There's definitely issues with Stern's Quality Control department. There have been so many minor issues with this machine I feel like Insider Connected needs to add new categories for 'Problems Corrected'.

#2087 2 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

Yes. Happened to me last night at the start of one of the time machine multiballs. The display just froze and everything else went dark. Had to power off the machine. This is my first lockup in close to 100 games, so overall I think the code is really stable.

How is lock up after 100 games stable ? Are any of you who have had the lock up on the latest code .89 ?

#2088 2 years ago
Quoted from ghostbc:

How is lock up after 100 games stable ? Are any of you who have had the lock up on the latest code .89 ?

I'm on .89 and haven't had this issue, only played about 15-20 games so far though.

#2089 2 years ago

Hello, I am new on this forum and just setup my first new Rush LE which looks fantastic but am having a problem with the top right flipper not fully working. It sporadically functions 20% of time. I updated the firmware to the latest .89 and still doesn’t fully move. Is it a bad coil or cable issue? Thanks for any help!

#2090 2 years ago
Quoted from Prognic:

Hello, I am new on this forum and just setup my first new Rush LE which looks fantastic but am having a problem with the top right flipper not fully working. It sporadically functions 20% of time. I updated the firmware to the latest and still doesn’t fully move. Is it a bad coil or cable issue? Thanks for any help!

Hi! Welcome to the forum.
You’re going to have to check that flippers function in diagnostics, then inspect it from underneath...( lift playfield) ...
Check for loose or poirly soldred wires, make sure everything is tigt, check coil stop,switch, coil sleeve, basically the entire mechanism.

#2091 2 years ago
Quoted from jpc211245:

Love it! I am using one to eliminate paw prints.

Excellent. I am not sure why others question blankets and pin covers. Eliminates dust build up, scratching from animals etc. When I am not at home why does the pin need to be uncovered? No one is there to look at it lol.

#2092 2 years ago
Quoted from ghostbc:

I had same thing happen. Are you on .88 or .89? I am on .88.

I’m on .89

#2093 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

I'm on .89 and haven't had this issue, only played about 15-20 games so far though.

I am on 0.89 and yesterday display froze and it all locked up. I wish I would have noted which MB was running. I just power cycled and got back to fun!

#2094 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

My last 3 games came without them. Stern buttons now. Godzilla mando and now rush.

My December run Beatles and B66 also had the stern coin rejects. So I agree. Likely a full cutover. Whether driven by cost or supply chain I don’t know.

687388FC-E8BD-45AF-B521-9B35F4994695 (resized).jpeg687388FC-E8BD-45AF-B521-9B35F4994695 (resized).jpegBF4F13EF-F2AA-42A1-B564-A682D0D302B4 (resized).jpegBF4F13EF-F2AA-42A1-B564-A682D0D302B4 (resized).jpeg
#2095 2 years ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

My December run Beatles and B66 also had the stern coin rejects. So I agree. Likely a full cutover. Whether driven by cost or supply chain I don’t know.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Yikes! I just noticed in those pics my glass need a dusting.

#2096 2 years ago
Quoted from Prognic:

Hello, I am new on this forum and just setup my first new Rush LE which looks fantastic but am having a problem with the top right flipper not fully working. It sporadically functions 20% of time. I updated the firmware to the latest .89 and still doesn’t fully move. Is it a bad coil or cable issue? Thanks for any help!

You probably have too wide a gap on the front (cabinet side) part of that switch. Look at the picture. The right side of the switch is gapped pretty narrow. The left side is wider for a full flipper activation. Get yours to look like mine and it should help. I hope.

16465855792109209304852652632318 (resized).jpg16465855792109209304852652632318 (resized).jpg
#2097 2 years ago

Loving this machine so far!
I know they will update codes and fix some bugs.

As an incredibly huge Rush fan , I still wish they would incorporate a couple things.
There’s a lot of references to “roll the bones” on the machine yet there’s no roll the bones sound track? Wouldn’t it make sense to have a roll the bones multiball on this machine?
They also could have had a “ hold your fire “
Type multi ball. 3 red balls on the playfield would have been awesome!

Someone needs to make a drums mod for the poppers.
And stern should make each popper have a drum sound. 1 snare, 1 bass drum, one tom
To sound like a drum fill when hitting those
There’s so much more potential to this machine.

#2098 2 years ago
Quoted from J-drum11:

Loving this machine so far!
I know they will update codes and fix some bugs.
As an incredibly huge Rush fan , I still wish they would incorporate a couple things.
There’s a lot of references to “roll the bones” on the machine yet there’s no roll the bones sound track? Wouldn’t it make sense to have a roll the bones multiball on this machine?
They also could have had a “ hold your fire “
Type multi ball. 3 red balls on the playfield would have been awesome!
Someone needs to make a drums mod for the poppers.
And stern should make each popper have a drum sound. 1 snare, 1 bass drum, one tom
To sound like a drum fill when hitting those
There’s so much more potential to this machine.

I was surprised that they didn't include Roll The Bones. If I'm not mistaken I don't think any of their songs from the 90's are on this.

#2099 2 years ago

Hi all,

On my pro, the right spinner activate the record of the right loop. And the right loop activate the record of the right spinner....

I am the only one to have this issue ?

Thanks

#2100 2 years ago

Anyone have news on Rush Expression lights? I was not lucky enough to get a LE. That’s mod that is a must for the Pro and Premium.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 16.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Pyramid Pinball & Arcade

10,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tatamy, PA
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
WilliPinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 210.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Virginia Beach, VA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 275.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Lighting - Led
Gameroom Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 17,884 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 358.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1/page/42?hl=largemouthass and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.