IMG_6410 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2562 (resized).jpg
IMG_2578 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2574 (resized).jpeg
20240322_163542 (resized).jpg
20240322_163631 (resized).jpg
20240319_194137 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,878 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 358.
#101 2 years ago

Anyone know how long the delay is supposed to last?

#102 2 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

For those pinball browser and Rush fans who prefer 74 to early 80s, might I suggest you sub
Far Cry with the first 2 parts of Fountain of Lamneth (In the Valley and Didacts and Parpets) which is exactly the same time as Far Cry.
One Little Victory could be subbed by Finding My Way OR Grand Designs (just a few seconds difference)
Headlong Flight could be subbed for Natural Science (start at 1:45 and fade out at 9:03)
And again, I really like Far Cry, One Little Victory and Headlong Flight for the record. But hard to beat the early stuff

I totally agree but we won’t know the actual song lengths until the code is release. They often only use a segment of the song. I plan to substitute a few of the songs mentioned, likely with Xanadu and YYZ. Will see what fits best. I have a bunch I used on my Dr Who Pinsound orchestration that may work well.

#103 2 years ago
Quoted from upsfeedr:

where did you get the speaker lights? thanks

speakerlightkits.com

#104 2 years ago

I just got work that LE's are on the line end of next week!

#105 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinplayer1967:

Absolutely, how is Xanadu NOT on this game???

My guess is that the opening to Zanadu is slow, soft and long before the riff kicks in. One of my most favorite Rush tunes and I was surprised as well.

#106 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I just got work that LE's are on the line end of next week!

Does that mean the first run of Pros are done?

#107 2 years ago
Quoted from NEW-B:

Does that mean the first run of Pros are done?

Seems like they only trickled out a few for operators, parts delay, and then onto LEs for now.
Yikes!
Ordered a Counterparts “dad” hat for now.

E255849D-0182-49CE-9B96-BF7B455465B4 (resized).jpegE255849D-0182-49CE-9B96-BF7B455465B4 (resized).jpeg
#108 2 years ago

Isn’t the first run of pros always just for locations?

#109 2 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

Isn’t the first run of pros always just for locations?

No that's relatively new

#110 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

speakerlightkits.com

thanks don't see Rush on the list yet..

#111 2 years ago
Quoted from upsfeedr:

thanks don't see Rush on the list yet..

Should be same as zepp.I hope

#112 2 years ago
Quoted from KAPSIG1:

Fun Game
[quoted image]

Glad to see they put scoop protectors on three machines off the line!

#113 2 years ago

Got my Rush yesterday. One issue I'm already starting to notice with the few games I played was with the scoop protector. It's already starting to get bent with just a few plays and starting to create inconsistency with the kickout. I played my friend's Rush yesterday too which has been on location for a day and the metal flap inside the game was sticking out causing the ball to not go into the scoop properly.

pasted_image (resized).jpegpasted_image (resized).jpeg

#114 2 years ago

Also a new member here! I am waiting for our LE. Also an avid 40 year Rush fan and this will be my first pinball machine. I have been an avid arcade game collector for 20 years and now I have busted my pinball cherry. This site is awesome! Thanks to you insiders here who know the progress of the assembly of these machines and keeping us posted!

#115 2 years ago
Quoted from sfbrian:

Got my Rush yesterday. One issue I'm already starting to notice with the few games I played was with the scoop protector. It's already starting to get bent with just a few plays and starting to create inconsistency with the kickout. I played my friend's Rush yesterday too which has been on location for a day and the metal flap inside the game was sticking out causing the ball to not go into the scoop properly.
[quoted image]

I've noticed that Stern scoop protectors are generally poor quality. I picked up a Deadpool from somebody and the scoop protector was bent up and was preventing balls from entering from the side. I replaced it with a Cliffy protector that was much higher quality.

Hopefully somebody will reach out to Cliffy and get him measurements for the two Rush scoops so he can create upgraded versions. I'll do so when I get my LE if somebody hasn't done it already.

#116 2 years ago
Quoted from sfbrian:

[quoted image]

I'll make sure and watch this. Thanks!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#117 2 years ago
Quoted from Oldworldman:

Also a new member here! I am waiting for our LE. Also an avid 40 year Rush fan and this will be my first pinball machine. I have been an avid arcade game collector for 20 years and now I have busted my pinball cherry. This site is awesome! Thanks to you insiders here who know the progress of the assembly of these machines and keeping us posted!

Congratulations and welcome to the addiction. You will NOT be able to have just one pinball machine. Trust me....

#118 2 years ago
Quoted from Oldworldman:

There’s still time to take the red pill .JK congrats

#119 2 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

Congratulations and welcome to the addiction. You will NOT be able to have just one pinball machine. Trust me....

Yeah they said that about my arcade collection when I started that. Had up to 83 working games, then sold off all but 26 games the end of last year, so I am doing better. I was wondering when the pinball bug was going to hit me as I watched all of my arcade collector colleagues crossover into this realm. None of them have looked back!

#120 2 years ago
Quoted from sfbrian:

[quoted image]

This is going to be a common problem I think. There are 2 pros on location here in Northern Virginia and both are showing issues with the scoop protector on the mystery shot. Causes random kickouts and stuck balls due to those wings bending. At least one op is thinking about just taking the protector off until a more permanent solution comes up. Less than 2 days on location. We saw significant damage to that protector after maybe 30 plays. That scoop has to be one of the tiniest ones I have seen. Barely wider than the ball so any bending of that protector is gonna be an issue.

#121 2 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

No that's relatively new

If you mean by the last 4 years or so... yes, that's relatively new in the grand scheme of Stern's existence Has been happening at least as far back as Maiden.

#122 2 years ago
Quoted from sfbrian:

[quoted image]

Yup.. happens within a day or two here with 3 of the 4 rushes onsite. Don't know why the inside tabs are moving so much... but immediate solution is just to remove Stern's poor protector. It's not holding up AT ALL.

#123 2 years ago

I have never bought any LE machine but this time I just had to do it. Cannot wait for it to arrive!

#124 2 years ago
Quoted from Oldworldman:

Also a new member here! I am waiting for our LE. Also an avid 40 year Rush fan and this will be my first pinball machine.

Yeaaaah! Another Rush fan drawn to pinball by this game!!!! You’re a legend!!!

Quoted from Oldworldman:

I was wondering when the pinball bug was going to hit me as I watched all of my arcade collector colleagues crossover into this realm. None of them have looked back!

It’s the natural progression. It’s inevitable. Arcade games are beautiful & nostalgic, but we all hit a point where we realize we’re still only as good at Pac-Man as we were when we were 6. It’s just the same experience every time. Every game on a pinball is unique….and you keep growing & discovering. Games generally never get boring. We look at our arcade games and think “I love it, but I never play it anymore”.

I still have 4 arcade cabinets, but it’s still mostly for nostalgia. I probably wouldn’t lose a wink if I sold them.

#125 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Yup.. happens within a day or two here with 3 of the 4 rushes onsite. Don't know why the inside tabs are moving so much... but immediate solution is just to remove Stern's poor protector. It's not holding up AT ALL.

Since Borg tends to re-use, I wonder if there are any existing Mantis or Cliffys for other Borg games that would fit.

#126 2 years ago

Ugh, FedEx was scheduled to deliver this am at the location and after that window came and went (freight) I called them and they said it won’t be available to even pick up until Monday… thanks for that crap communication FedEx.. so hopefully Monday I’ll grab the games and be jamming to some rush!

#127 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

This is a bummer. My Mando is 700 plays in and the scoop protector on it still looks great.

#128 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Ugh, FedEx was scheduled to deliver this am at the location and after that window came and went (freight) I called them and they said it won’t be available to even pick up until Monday… thanks for that crap communication FedEx.. so hopefully Monday I’ll grab the games and be jamming to some rush!

Yep. With FedEx Freight, I was essentially told to just expect it a day later than scheduled.

FedEx: When it absolutely positively doesn't have to be there overnight.

#129 2 years ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

This is a bummer. My Mando is 700 plays in and the scoop protector on it still looks great.

Same with Godzilla. Mine looks brand new...I wonder how different the design/placement could be to affect it this way.

#130 2 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

This is going to be a common problem I think. There are 2 pros on location here in Northern Virginia and both are showing issues with the scoop protector on the mystery shot. Causes random kickouts and stuck balls due to those wings bending. At least one op is thinking about just taking the protector off until a more permanent solution comes up. Less than 2 days on location. We saw significant damage to that protector after maybe 30 plays. That scoop has to be one of the tiniest ones I have seen. Barely wider than the ball so any bending of that protector is gonna be an issue.

I turned down the kickout power which seemed to help with the inconsistencies with the kickout. It might help slow down the protector issue but it's still going to be a problem. I suggest everybody turn down the kickout power until we get a proper fix.

#131 2 years ago
Quoted from sfbrian:

I turned down the kickout power which seemed to help with the inconsistencies with the kickout. It might help slow down the protector issue but it's still going to be a problem. I suggest everybody turn down the kickout power until we get a proper fix.

Is that a setting that’s easily tweaked (like adjusting the volume or bulb brightness)?

#132 2 years ago

So games aren’t shipping with scoop protectors? Could have sworn they said games would come with them on the JD stream.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#133 2 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

So games aren’t shipping with scoop protectors? Could have sworn they said games would come with them on the JD stream.

They're just coming with the crappy Stern protectors. I'm sure Cliffy will put one out pretty quick.

#134 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Yep. With FedEx Freight, I was essentially told to just expect it a day later than scheduled.
FedEx: When it absolutely positively doesn't have to be there overnight.

Yup... my p3 was the same, LUCKILY I was able to run and pick it up on that Friday. I tried to get them to open the trailer so I could go grab them....no such luck... and they couldn't get a lift gate truck until Tuesday. soooo more work but the location needs some games!

#135 2 years ago

Just in time and looks like Wizard mods add a bunch of Rush stuff

https://wizardmod.com/collections/rush-stern-pinball-mods

#136 2 years ago

I too have finally popped my pinball cherry with the Rush Premium. I've dreamed of owning pinball machines since I was 8 and my dad opened a couple of pinball arcades that I got to visit over summers. I've been lurking here for awhile but Rush is just too big of a draw to pass up and I expect to have a few pins in my new game room.

I was told my Rush Premium ought to be a March delivery.

Can't wait to start playing, learning, modding, and talking sht like an old timer.

#137 2 years ago
Quoted from CloverleafKid:

I too have finally popped my pinball cherry with the Rush Premium. I've dreamed of owning pinball machines since I was 8 and my dad opened a couple of pinball arcades that I got to visit over summers. I've been lurking here for awhile but Rush is just too big of a draw to pass up and I expect to have a few pins in my new game room.
I was told my Rush Premium ought to be a March delivery.
Can't wait to start playing, learning, modding, and talking sht like an old timer.

Congrats and welcome aboard! I share your excitement and your choice in Rush models. The blue side art and focus on the Moving Pictures era was my favorite theming. Comparing features made the choice obvious (and my wallet lighter!).
I got my order in late so third quarter delivery is most likely. Keep us posted on when yours arrives!

#138 2 years ago
Quoted from mwong168:

Just in time and looks like Wizard mods add a bunch of Rush stuff
https://wizardmod.com/collections/rush-stern-pinball-mods

Just snagged one of the LE action button magnets, but never was a fan of their other panel offerings....a little overkill for my tastes.

#139 2 years ago
Quoted from Calgedy:

I was mildly surprised One Little Victory and Far Cry made the cut. It seems the band members really liked those two songs, playing them multiple times on their later tours. I like them both, but I don't love them. It's funny, as stated before my favorite era is 2112 through Signals, but Snakes and Arrows and ESPECIALLY Clockwork Angels were excellent albums. I can easily listen to Clockwork Angels all the way through and be happy the entire time....or listen to most of the songs individually and enjoy them the same. They really outdid themselves on their last album. Best since Signals. The last song, The Garden, completely metaphorically speaks to their own career and touring lives at the very end. There is no other song like The Garden in their ENTIRE catalog. So having the artwork for the LE inspired by Clockwork Angels, it works, even though that album is not from my favorite era. To do that at the very end of their careers speaks VOLUMES about all three of them individually and collectively as RUSH. I would have taken Something For Nothing and Anthem over One Little Victory and Far Cry. With that being said, I am stoked with the playlist on this pin....most of the songs are from my favorite era.

I was surprised that Headlong Flight made it. My lease favorite track from Clockwork Angels.

You're right on The Garden - one of a kind and almost every RUSH fan I have spoken to loves it. Was great on the tour.

#140 2 years ago

I'm in for a Pro model. I usually get the the speaker light upgrade to look like the LE. Flipper Fidelity has a kit with 5" speakers and the new grills. I get the light rings and colored plastics from Speakerlightkits.com. I'll get the orange plastics for the pro. Turn on white lights and the rings glow. Add a sub and you're in business.

#141 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Since Borg tends to re-use, I wonder if there are any existing Mantis or Cliffys for other Borg games that would fit.

Unlikely- the scope is particularly narrow.

The only thing i can think of is the factory inner tabs are not as flat as possible to the sides of the scoop and they are getting smashed open during the eject sequence.

It is a vey unusual outcome to see the ball literally suspended in the hole for scoop shots like this. It also causes highly erratic scoop returns as the ball would hit the inner tabs.

This is not a saucer shot… thats the ball held up by the inner tabs
9E657E15-4412-4F5C-A9FC-DB5EDCFF5CD7 (resized).jpeg9E657E15-4412-4F5C-A9FC-DB5EDCFF5CD7 (resized).jpeg

#142 2 years ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

Mando is a saucer - this is a full scoop

#143 2 years ago
Quoted from sfbrian:

Power won’t stop the ball from hitting the tabs. If you want to keep it on, you gonna flatten those inner tabs or shape them in a manner to avoid the contact at the edge.

Its interesting that the hole doesn’t have a true bevel edge either. It has this like routed lip to make it not a hard cormer… instead two smaller corners

#144 2 years ago
Quoted from sfbrian:

[quoted image]

Yep already had to tear that off mine on location and bend it back. We contacted our distributor and where told stern knows there is an issue and working on a fix. Also Balls coming out of the scoop are spraying everywhere on ours lots of sdtm ejects. Probably will have to code in ball save out off the scoop the mech has a long trough with the coil at the back. There is lots of room for the ball to move around before it gets to the scoop causing inconsistent ejects. Doesn't matter what I set the eject power to its inconsistent no matter what unless it so low it trickles out the scoop because then it goes down the middle every time .

#145 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Power won’t stop the ball from hitting the tabs. If you want to keep it on, you gonna flatten those inner tabs or shape them in a manner to avoid the contact at the edge.
Its interesting that the hole doesn’t have a true bevel edge either. It has this like routed lip to make it not a hard cormer… instead two smaller corners

I bent ours back on location 2 days ago pulled the whole thing off and bent the tabs to put pressure on the playfield it's already bent back towards the middle any off center shots to the right of the scoop have bent the corner of the fake cheap cliffy and slowly bent the flap back toward the middle of the scoop. Lame but as I said in my^ post we contacted our distributor and stern knows its an issue and is working on a fix. We will see what happens.

#146 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

speakerlightkits.com

I don't see Rush listed. Are they out of stock?

#147 2 years ago
Quoted from mc8045:

I bent ours back on location 2 days ago pulled the whole thing off and bent the tabs to put pressure on the playfield it's already bent back towards the middle any off center shots to the right of the scoop have bent the corner of the fake cheap cliffy and slowly bent the flap back toward the middle of the scoop. Lame but as I said in my^ post we contacted our distributor and stern knows its an issue and is working on a fix. We will see what happens.

Yes, knowing the scoop was having issues just HOURS after unboxing due to deformation it was clear to me no amount of repositioning/bending would have any hope of staying consistent enough to not require multiple service calls a week. Every game in the area has the issue in after just a few dozen games... it can't hold up at all.

So we punted on it and its 100% reliable without it there. 10mins to take off. As you said, Stern is aware and 'working on a fix' but no details on what it is. Maybe just a thicker one or the side tabs being the type that secure into the wood, or is better secured by going under both posts there, instead of just the one so it can't move as easy.

#148 2 years ago
Quoted from jonboy71:

I don't see Rush listed. Are they out of stock?

He hasn't listed it yet until he has a physical game to test sizes and connections on. But you can just order for any recent game...should fit fine.

#149 2 years ago

So the protector appears to be a well-intentioned and appreciated stumble out of the gate, but quick fail is best fail, right?

The list of common issues I've seen reported with some consistency from the few games out so far seems to be:

1. Scoop protector (not ideal to, but removable with no game impact)
2. Crickets

Is that good? That seems pretty good. Interested to hear about continuing experiences.

#150 2 years ago

The sounds in the game as it plays now are ok... not stand out but not a detriment I think. Not nearly as annoying as in the initial reveal.

The call-outs aren't great. The writing isn't so awful, it just doesn't seem to fit the energy of the moment. The humor is there, just kinda in character to Alex .. it just doesn't make you smile as much.

The biggest issue for our 'new' plays has been understanding what to do. The screen design is really hard to read as the player (way too small of text).. and lack of guidance in call-outs and on the display for most stuff. Obviously areas they can improve upon in software.

The game is fun to shoot... and gets real fun in multiball. The mix of the cross-playfield shots and the loops make it fun when alot is going on.

Software is new of course... but I hope they improve the screen and guidance stuff. The animations and media stuff for the most part are nice and enjoyable.

I like the game more than TMNT when it hit the street, and way more than LZ. I'm still optimistic it can be made into a B+/A game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Pyramid Pinball & Arcade

$ 16.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lermods

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 27.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 17,878 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 358.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1/page/3?hl=konjurer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.