IMG_6410 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2562 (resized).jpg
IMG_2578 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2574 (resized).jpeg
20240322_163542 (resized).jpg
20240322_163631 (resized).jpg
20240319_194137 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,884 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 358.
#1901 2 years ago

Gameplay question: what’s a simple strategy for playing this game? I have read the instructions PDF and as much as I’d like to say I understand it all…. I don’t. Trying to explain to a wife or kids what to do other than not lose the balls is OK…. But I’d like to be a little more directed. And for me to learn also.

Any suggestions from anyone who has mastered it yet?

BTW - added a polk psw-10 to my pro…. Love it! Amazon dropped the price on them again so they are cheap. And also added a shaker which is pretty cool.

#1902 2 years ago
Quoted from jid:

Gameplay question: what’s a simple strategy for playing this game? I have read the instructions PDF and as much as I’d like to say I understand it all…. I don’t. Trying to explain to a wife or kids what to do other than not lose the balls is OK…. But I’d like to be a little more directed. And for me to learn also.
Any suggestions from anyone who has mastered it yet?
BTW - added a polk psw-10 to my pro…. Love it! Amazon dropped the price on them again so they are cheap. And also added a shaker which is pretty cool.

shoot records until the red light is on the time machine- then shoot the time machine then shoot the colored lights
Keep shooting the time machine when the green light is on to start multiball

The rest they can learn later

#1903 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

shoot records until the red light is on the time machine- then shoot the time machine then shoot the colored lights
Keep shooting the time machine when the green light is on to start multiball
The rest they can learn later

This

#1904 2 years ago

Got my LE today, #067 despite a Feb. 18 build. Took my time setting it up, updating the code, replacing some rubbers with Titans, and played one game so far... 45 minutes and 1.1 billion! Watch me never get that again.

rush 1.1b.jpgrush 1.1b.jpg

It's a bit generous with extra balls and multiballs. Really like the layout though. Looks like a complex piece of clockwork with ramps everywhere, locks, vuks, clocks, etc. One of the prettiest Stern has made, it looks complex and dazzling. I like it, both how it shoots and how it looks. Hopefully it gets a bit more challenging as the code develops. The only thing that would bring it down for me is if it's 30-45 minutes every game, but I can always fix that myself in settings. And I'm sure I had a bit of beginner's luck, just shooting what's lit.

I'll read through the thread to see if there's answers to some of my questions, like if I should adjust the clock arm by hand or by a setting in the menu (it doesn't line up with the symbols), and how to adjust that back orbit to the upper flipper so balls don't get hung up sometimes. Cheers.

#1905 2 years ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

Got my LE today, #067 despite a Feb. 18 build. Took my time setting it up, updating the code, replacing some rubbers with Titans, and played one game so far... 45 minutes and 1.1 billion! Watch me never get that again.
[quoted image]
It's a bit generous with extra balls and multiballs. Really like the layout though. Looks like a complex piece of clockwork with ramps everywhere, locks, vuks, clocks, etc. One of the prettiest Stern has made, it looks complex and dazzling. I like it, both how it shoots and how it looks. Hopefully it gets a bit more challenging as the code develops. The only thing that would bring it down for me is if it's 30-45 minutes every game, but I can always fix that myself in settings. And I'm sure I had a bit of beginner's luck, just shooting what's lit.
I'll read through the thread to see if there's answers to some of my questions, like if I should adjust the clock arm by hand or by a setting in the menu (it doesn't line up with the symbols), and how to adjust that back orbit to the upper flipper so balls don't get hung up sometimes. Cheers.

I think the LE’s are really long playing pins. Maybe not Lord of the rings long, but long. Definitely need to move the outlane posts to open them up a bit than what you get out of the box. I think the multi balls are generous, the ball saves, the extra balls, etc. Once you get into any kind of multipliers all of a sudden you end up over 1 billion. I could definitely see some more balancing on the scoring with the code. The game seems much easier than Led Zeppelin with the shots Way more accessible. Seems like Tim and Rayday are using a similar concept for scoring but it seems to result in blowing up big time scores quite often as it stands. It’s so much fun though. And it’s themed after Rush which is awesome.

#1906 2 years ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

[quoted image]

I actually set my two lower flippers power to “ normal” setting. It seems to play better for me . I was getting some ball hops before I made the adjustment

#1907 2 years ago
Quoted from gandamack:

Can someone please post a "do this before your first play" list? For example:
1. Set flipper power to .....
2. Adjust audio to ......
etc, etc.
It would be really helpful to have in a single post so I can take a screenshot.
Really appreciate it!

My friend gave me these settings for Godzilla LE, so I tried them on Rush LE. Try them & see what you think. For me, the treble was a tad high & the bass a tad low…so I adjusted those to taste after doing this.

Also with these settings, I brought bothmusic & voice attenuation to -10…which mellows out the sound FX a bit. Maybe too much. I might go -5.

9AAB560D-291A-4B1A-92B1-F093DDB40980 (resized).jpeg9AAB560D-291A-4B1A-92B1-F093DDB40980 (resized).jpeg42FCE3A9-DA57-404F-8ED3-F87B45CD8DBE (resized).jpeg42FCE3A9-DA57-404F-8ED3-F87B45CD8DBE (resized).jpeg69137A6F-0455-4511-9876-4F3C76826AE4 (resized).jpeg69137A6F-0455-4511-9876-4F3C76826AE4 (resized).jpeg8728F54A-E7CF-495B-9B03-3915A8B2A219 (resized).jpeg8728F54A-E7CF-495B-9B03-3915A8B2A219 (resized).jpegA66E2935-5624-4F8A-AF69-396F23DC9849 (resized).jpegA66E2935-5624-4F8A-AF69-396F23DC9849 (resized).jpeg7BD70AE2-6993-4702-8AF4-E651F96C444E (resized).jpeg7BD70AE2-6993-4702-8AF4-E651F96C444E (resized).jpegAA0B76A0-F2C4-419B-9F61-A4D296B8A727 (resized).jpegAA0B76A0-F2C4-419B-9F61-A4D296B8A727 (resized).jpeg8B06B2A0-1B50-45DB-9F7A-C537EE535FAE (resized).jpeg8B06B2A0-1B50-45DB-9F7A-C537EE535FAE (resized).jpegACFA51D4-1CA0-49BC-A897-B4C5B25905FA (resized).jpegACFA51D4-1CA0-49BC-A897-B4C5B25905FA (resized).jpegE0C7060E-990D-4882-9E09-9893F48BDCD6 (resized).jpegE0C7060E-990D-4882-9E09-9893F48BDCD6 (resized).jpegE58C9241-4B1F-4B07-8ADA-CDD2C95147EA (resized).jpegE58C9241-4B1F-4B07-8ADA-CDD2C95147EA (resized).jpeg
#1908 2 years ago

Man wifi updates are sloooow! But i used the time to have an amazing star wars game and blew up the death star so hey ill take it.

First impressions. The LE is very pretty. Probably the best looking mirrored backglass stern has put out in a while. I really love the lights. I could not imagine not having the vuk shot but then again i havent played the pro. Game plays a lot like a borg game so far. A bit clunky in spots but really shoots well overall. Just got about 5 games in before starting the update. Overall fun so far!

#1909 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

. I could not imagine not having the vuk shot but then again i havent played the pro

I really like the VUK shot as it’s a great setup for the left orbit or targets. But when my wife played - she kept hitting the VUK shot over and over and over and was getting annoyed lol. So maybe for some players, the dead end back to the playfield is better.

#1910 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I really like the VUK shot as it’s a great setup for the left orbit or targets. But when my wife played - she kept hitting the VUK shot over and over and over and was getting annoyed lol. So maybe for some players, the dead end back to the playfield is better.

Dead end shot is the easiest shot on the pro playfield and gets hit the most (on purpose and missed shots). It gets tiring for casual players that visit, everyone wants to hit other targets but definitely it's a higher than average skill game.

#1911 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Yep! I agree. Non pinball players or those new to pinball will hit the VUK shot over and over and over again!

#1912 2 years ago

Mine did the same. Hit that shot over and over. I was ready to turn the game off on her... lol

#1913 2 years ago

Wish it fed the left flipper instead

#1914 2 years ago
Quoted from joetechbob:

100%

#1915 2 years ago
Quoted from joetechbob:

Yes like the Professor X shot in X-Men. It's so easy to hit. It's kind of like throwing balls at the ring in LOTR when you're in multiball for a break, but easier.

I really love the right ramp. Those are always tough for me to hit, but this could be my favorite right ramp in any game.

#1916 2 years ago

The spinner is one of the more satisfying shots for me. I almost don't mid missing the right ramp if I pound the spinner.
I do find that most of my spinner shots end up then going around and UP into the orbit rather than down to the upper flipper. I don't know how this could possibly happen within the confines of known physics, but it does. Anyone else having this happen? Waiting for the ball to drift down to the upper flipper does give me a much needed pause sometimes, but is this as the game was designed, or do I need to adjust the guides right after the spinner?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1917 2 years ago
Quoted from Craiger:

The spinner is one of the more satisfying shots for me. I almost don't mid missing the right ramp if I pound the spinner.
I do find that most of my spinner shots end up then going around and UP into the orbit rather than down to the upper flipper. I don't know how this could possibly happen within the confines of known physics, but it does. Anyone else having this happen? Waiting for the ball to drift down to the upper flipper does give me a much needed pause sometimes, but is this as the game was designed, or do I need to adjust the guides right after the spinner?

I’ve played 2 different Rush games and both have a little rattle at the top when exiting the spinner and upper orbit shot. So I think that’s normal and I really like it. Makes setting up the next shot super easy.

I can’t say I’ve seen the ball go up into the orbit after a spinner shot. Might want to have someone record the ball with their phone with slo motion enabled to see what’s happening at the exit when this happens.

#1918 2 years ago

Yup, would be really nice. Borg 3 flipper layouts seem to have a weird aversion to feeding one of the flippers. TMNT, Tron, etc are the same way. The right flipper here feels much less useful than the left. Not only less shots to go for, but most of them are more dangerous+closer too

#1919 2 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

I’ve played 2 different Rush games and both have a little rattle at the top when exiting the spinner and upper orbit shot. So I think that’s normal and I really like it. Makes setting up the next shot super easy.
I can’t say I’ve seen the ball go up into the orbit after a spinner shot. Might want to have someone record the ball with their phone with slo motion enabled to see what’s happening at the exit when this happens.

My conclusion is sorcery. Pure sorcery. It's the only logical explanation. Probably from the baby in that creepy stroller.

#1920 2 years ago

that right ramp is very much like iron maiden, similar position and its similarly hard to hit for me

#1921 2 years ago

Just got word my premium ships Monday

#1922 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

that right ramp is very much like iron maiden, similar position and its similarly hard to hit for me

The Maiden right ramp is the toughest shot. For some reason this one feels perfect to me, although it's so far away from the flippers I almost forget about it.

#1923 2 years ago

My pin cover.image0 (1) (resized).jpegimage0 (1) (resized).jpeg

#1924 2 years ago

Any thoughts on this? Only other noticeable issue is that the side blade lights on the right side don't work

IMG_20220304_103319 (resized).jpgIMG_20220304_103319 (resized).jpg
#1925 2 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Yup, would be really nice. Borg 3 flipper layouts seem to have a weird aversion to feeding one of the flippers. TMNT, Tron, etc are the same way. The right flipper here feels much less useful than the left. Not only less shots to go for, but most of them are more dangerous+closer too

Sadly never played TMNT (none around anywhere to play for some reason) but yes - Tron.

Right flipper orbit shot is very hard through the bumpers also. So hard to get it through clean.

#1926 2 years ago
Quoted from red-line:

Any thoughts on this? Only other noticeable issue is that the side blade lights on the right side don't work
[quoted image]

Your coin door is closed correct?

#1927 2 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

The right flipper here feels much less useful than the left.

It seems that way, but from right flipper you can hit the prong lock, the instrument drops, the left orbit, the scoop, the Time Machine, and you can even backhand the spinner loop.

#1928 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Your coin door is closed correct?

Yep, coin door closed.

#1929 2 years ago

Anyone have the right flipper get stuck in the up position for a second or so? Done it a few times.

#1930 2 years ago

Don’t know if this has been done yet but,
If you have an Apple Watch and hate taking your phone out all the time.
Take a pic of your insider connect barcode
Crop it And make it a watch face.
When you need it just swipe the watch face left or right to get to it.

650E4C81-2E14-4DDA-9F52-E5B54AF04930 (resized).jpeg650E4C81-2E14-4DDA-9F52-E5B54AF04930 (resized).jpeg
#1931 2 years ago
Quoted from Calgedy:

Anyone have the right flipper get stuck in the up position for a second or so? Done it a few times.

Broken coil stop probably

#1932 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It seems that way, but from right flipper you can hit the prong lock, the instrument drops, the left orbit, the scoop, the Time Machine, and you can even backhand the spinner loop.

Only three of those are mode shots (RGB arrow, etc) though. Left orbit is super hard to hit, spinner can only be hit from a trap. VUK just feeds the right flipper again so it's not that useful either. Drops are super dangerous. Lock is behind the drops so it's not really a separate option. And the scoop isn't really worth ever shooting for outside of multiball where it usually happens by accident anyway.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1933 2 years ago
Quoted from J-drum11:

[quoted image]

What I did is more oldschool - I printed it out. The Insider website has a print feature with dotted lines so you can cut it down to wallet size. I just keep that piece of paper next to my pins - since the QR reader has the light, it sees the paper just fine even when my arcade is dark.

#1934 2 years ago
Quoted from J-drum11:

[quoted image]

I tried setting this up but my watch face shuts off unless I turn it up to read it. Not sure if there is a setting to keep it active longer - would be great if that could be done just for that watch face to preserve battery when using other faces.

#1935 2 years ago
Quoted from J-drum11:

Neat idea, I don't mind taking out my phone but drives me absolutely bonkers that it makes me login every time. I was able to use "Widgetsmith" to add a photo of it to one of my home screens - similar concept.

#1936 2 years ago
Quoted from Calgedy:

It could just be the button needs to be worn in. Or you can clean off any burrs. I had that happening on my Mando. It went away on it's own after a week or so.

#1937 2 years ago
Quoted from Blackwolf:

What I did is more oldschool - I printed it out. The Insider website has a print feature with dotted lines so you can cut it down to wallet size. I just keep that piece of paper next to my pins - since the QR reader has the light, it sees the paper just fine even when my arcade is dark.

I’m going to do that too .
Just figured this might be another useful way.
They need an option to place it in your
iPhone wallet

#1938 2 years ago
Quoted from Flippersaurus:

It could just be the button needs to be worn in. Or you can clean off any burrs. I had that happening on my Mando. It went away on it's own after a week or so.

Thanks.......it was literally two or three times for 1-2 seconds. 50 plays on my LE so far. I figured this as well. Appreciated.

#1939 2 years ago

#61 is in da house.

Does anyone know if expression lights come on when game is idle mode, machine turned on,
but no game being played.

#1940 2 years ago
Quoted from zoor0pa:

Neat idea, I don't mind taking out my phone but drives me absolutely bonkers that it makes me login every time. I was able to use "Widgetsmith" to add a photo of it to one of my home screens - similar concept.

Well my other idea was going to just print out a small version and laminate to back of my iPhone case in the corner.
Home is one thing but, there’s a couple pinball arcades near me I’d like to have it out quicker.

#1941 2 years ago
Quoted from J-drum11:

I’m going to do that too .
Just figured this might be another useful way.
They need an option to place it in your
iPhone wallet

I captured it on my iphone and then favorite'd the photo. that allows me to find it quickly

#1942 2 years ago

Example ...

Screenshot_20220304-151151 (resized).pngScreenshot_20220304-151151 (resized).png
#1943 2 years ago

Anyone else getting an extremely loud screeching sound when entering high score initials? Like extremely loud

#1944 2 years ago
Quoted from McIntyre905:

Anyone else getting an extremely loud screeching sound when entering high score initials? Like extremely loud

Probably your knocker noise that can be turned down or off in standard adjustments menu.

#1945 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Probably your knocker noise that can be turned down or off in standard adjustments menu.

Okay I'll try and find that. It came from the speakers is that the same?

#1946 2 years ago
Quoted from McIntyre905:

Okay I'll try and find that. It came from the speakers is that the same?

Since games lately dont have physical knockers, games have the virtual sound effect version enabled by default. Some like to keep it on, I turn it off in the settings the first chance I get.

#1947 2 years ago

#806 in the house and shooting great ! Our first NIB purchase and my favorite band of all time (saw them live 14 times since '83). Couldn't be happier !

We've only had time for about 20 plays total so far but have a quick question: Running the latest version software... has anyone else noticed any bugs with mystery bonus not awarding ? Last night, my wife got 5,000,000 awarded as a mystery bonus; but it wasn't added to her score ! 23 million going into the scoop.... 23 million coming back out of the scoop ! I know it's still early code... but it was odd to see.

#1948 2 years ago
Quoted from Mookie:

#61 is in da house.
Does anyone know if expression lights come on when game is idle mode, machine turned on,

Yes, Expression lights are on even when not in a game. See my set-up attempt here...

#1949 2 years ago
Quoted from Mookie:

#61 is in da house.

Yes, they should be part of the attract mode light show with the rest of the lights.

#1950 2 years ago
Quoted from Mookie:

#61 is in da house.

Yes. Expression lights come on immediately when the game is booted up and run during attract mode.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

10,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tatamy, PA
$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Virginia Beach, VA
$ 275.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Pyramid Pinball & Arcade

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 42.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 17,884 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 358.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1/page/39?hl=mbrave77 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.