IMG_6410 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2562 (resized).jpg
IMG_2578 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2574 (resized).jpeg
20240322_163542 (resized).jpg
20240322_163631 (resized).jpg
20240319_194137 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,881 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 358.
#1851 2 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

I just shipped a whole bunch of them out yesterday and a whole bunch more today, so you'll start seeing them soon. Next wave will go out later next week.
More info / pics / videos in the shop: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1282-rocket-city-pinball/05722-rush-signals-mod-dalmatian-hydrant-flasher-dome

[quoted image]

Looking forward to getting!

#1852 2 years ago
Quoted from Jmxdc:

Not yet, sent them a email last week, no response yet.

Hmk, so not just me. I can wait. I'm behind anyway on clearing a spot for it.

#1853 2 years ago

Same here, but I would have thought buying direct they would have pushed them out faster. Not even a ship date and now premiums are going out that's kind of upsetting.

#1854 2 years ago

Do you know if it has a permanent scoop fix or are they shipping premiums with the same issue as the Pro and LE. It may be worth waiting until a fresher batch of premiums is made.

#1855 2 years ago

Any update on that Scoop!?

Really want the Premium run to be with permanent fix

Quoted from Sleal16:

daaaaam! already on premiums! nice.
That being said, anyone who ordered the LE from Stern directly on their site already got theres? I'm guessing they do those after dealing with all the distributors first.

#1856 2 years ago

Hope it’s with the permanent scoop fix.
Please

Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Just got notice my premium is shipping IT'S HAPPENING!

#1857 2 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

.89 does provide some guidance on the screen when you start a mode, but they're explained more clearly in the rulebook that's been linked a few times (here it is again so you don't have to go find it: https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/Rush-Rulesheet.pdf )

This will take some studying...

Screen Shot 2022-03-03 at 11.22.24 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-03-03 at 11.22.24 AM (resized).png
#1858 2 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

I just shipped a whole bunch of them out yesterday and a whole bunch more today, so you'll start seeing them soon. Next wave will go out later next week.
More info / pics / videos in the shop: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1282-rocket-city-pinball/05722-rush-signals-mod-dalmatian-hydrant-flasher-dome

[quoted image]

great Thanks

#1859 2 years ago

UPDATE: DO NOT GO TO 0.89. SHOWSTOPPER BUG. 2nd game since update. Playing Fly By Night Multiball and competed Big Money mode. Game goes dark. Nothing I can do cc'ing timballs

EDIT: Here's the download link if you want 0.88: https://f002.backblazeb2.com/file/gamecode/rush_le-0_88_0.spk.zip

Screen Shot 2022-03-03 at 12.41.09 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-03-03 at 12.41.09 PM (resized).png

#1860 2 years ago

my game came today. Its still sitting in garage until I can get my buddy to help me lug in downstairs. I love the style of the side rails but not a huge fan of the matte black powder coat. It feels nice like powder coat but looks like regular legs to me from further away. Maybe when I have it all set up itll look better. Looking forward to playing and hope the scoop holds up!

#1861 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

my game came today. Its still sitting in garage until I can get my buddy to help me lug in downstairs. I love the style of the side rails but not a huge fan of the matte black powder coat. It feels nice like powder coat but looks like regular legs to me from further away. Maybe when I have it all set up itll look better. Looking forward to playing and hope the scoop holds up!

Wait until you get it set up, I bet the matte legs won't bother you. The machine as a whole is really even more unbelievable looking in person.

#1862 2 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Just got notice my premium is shipping IT'S HAPPENING!

Interesting, I thought premiums were delayed until April and that stern was producing gz pro and premium along with aiq in March. Guess not.

#1863 2 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

UPDATE: DO NOT GO TO 0.89. SHOWSTOPPER BUG. 2nd game since update. Playing Fly By Night Multiball and competed Big Money mode. Game goes dark. Nothing I can do cc'ing timballs
Does anyone have 0.88 to revert to?[quoted image]

Man, I wish I could say I've completed the Big Money mode so I could give some data points on this, but I'm pretty sure I haven't... there's just so much going on in this game. Keep us posted on the feedback you get on the code.

#1864 2 years ago
Quoted from Craiger:

Wait until you get it set up, I bet the matte legs won't bother you. The machine as a whole is really even more unbelievable looking in person.

they dont bother me, I just wasnt wowed by them. Im sure the entire package will wow me especially expression lighting which ive never seen in person.

#1865 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

while I like the matte finish, I'm feeling that a really dark bronze matte finish would have looked better than black and played well with all of the clockwork gears on the cabinet.

still trying to coordinate my 6+ hr round trip to pick up my LE this weekend.

#1866 2 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

while I like the matte finish, I'm feeling that a really dark bronze matte finish would have looked better than black and played well with all of the clockwork gears on the cabinet.

You're not the wrong. You could have a run of the mill black finish and it would not look drastically different.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1867 2 years ago
Quoted from Craiger:

Man, I wish I could say I've completed the Big Money mode so I could give some data points on this, but I'm pretty sure I haven't... there's just so much going on in this game. Keep us posted on the feedback you get on the code.

Don't worry - I suck. I haven't finished it either.

Quoted from Guinnesstime:

This will take some studying...
[quoted image]

That's the easy part of the rules... It's the rest I can't remember any of.

#1868 2 years ago

Rush Side Loop Switch Fix

As others have noted, the switch on the Side Loop (the shot between the Side Ramp and the Dead End Shot), has trouble registering strongly hit balls. I would estimate that less than 50% of my shots were being registered. This is not unique to my machine - I've seen it happen on just about every Rush I've seen on stream, and also on the Pro I've played on location. The problem is that fast balls will get some air going around that sharp turn, and won't fully depress the switch mechanism. You can try bending up the wire loop but you will risk bending it too far, and balls can get stuck when rolling down in the other direction.

This is not unique to Rush - I remember there was tight U turn shot on Rick and Morty that exhibited the exact same problem. The solution there was the exact same one here - swap out the physical switch with an MRS switch from Sonic

I contacted Matt last week and sent him some pictures - he had a switch mailed to me within a few days and I just installed it this morning. I took some pics while I was installing so thought I'd make a quick guide.

Here is the problem switch from both topside and bottom:

IMG_0901 (resized).jpegIMG_0901 (resized).jpegIMG_0902 (resized).jpegIMG_0902 (resized).jpeg

Here is what I got from Matt. The switch is very nicely made and fits perfectly in the slot.

IMG_0900 (resized).jpegIMG_0900 (resized).jpegIMG_0899 (resized).jpegIMG_0899 (resized).jpegIMG_0898 (resized).jpegIMG_0898 (resized).jpeg

This is the original switch after removing the two hex screws fastening it to the playfield. The MRS has a nice length of tinned wire attached to it, so I just snipped off the two wires from the old switch.

IMG_0904 (resized).jpegIMG_0904 (resized).jpeg

I then stripped the insulation of those wires about an inch, twisted the wires together, and soldered them. I used heat shrink tubing to prevent any shorts. Here is the final installed product:

IMG_0905 (resized).jpegIMG_0905 (resized).jpeg

Lastly, this is what it looks like from above. The switch sits just below playfield level.

IMG_0906 (resized).jpegIMG_0906 (resized).jpeg

I fired up the machine and played a test game and the switch worked perfectly. I didn't notice a single instance where it failed to trigger. I was just messing around at first just focusing on that one loop, but then got in the groove on ball 3 and ended up setting a new GC. Of course it was because of the switch.... LOL

IMG_0907 (resized).jpegIMG_0907 (resized).jpeg

#1869 2 years ago

The Flat finish looks the same as any old regular black in my lineup,nothing limited or special about it.Overall the game looks great.

#1870 2 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

As others have noted, the switch on the Side Loop (the shot between the Side Ramp and the Dead End Shot), has trouble registering strongly hit balls. I would estimate that less than 50% of my shots were being registered. This is not unique to my machine - I've seen it happen on just about every Rush I've seen on stream, and also on the Pro I've played on location. The problem is that fast balls will get some air going around that sharp turn, and won't fully depress the switch mechanism. You can try bending up the wire loop but you will risk bending it too far, and balls can get stuck when rolling down in the other direction.
This is not unique to Rush - I remember there was tight U turn shot on Rick and Morty that exhibited the exact same problem. The solution there was the exact same one here - swap out the physical switch with an MRS switch from Sonic
I contacted Matt last week and sent him some pictures - he had a switch mailed to me within a few days and I just installed it this morning. I took some pics while I was installing so thought I'd make a quick guide.
[quoted image][quoted image]
Here is what I got from Matt. The switch is very nicely made and fits perfectly in the slot.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
This is the original switch after removing the two hex screws fastening it to the playfield. The MRS has a nice length of tinned wire attached to it, so I just snipped off the two wires from the old switch.
[quoted image]
I then stripped the insulation of those wires about an inch, twisted the wires together, and soldered them. I used heat shrink tubing to prevent any shorts. Here is the final installed product:
[quoted image]
Lastly, this is what it looks like from above. The switch sits just below playfield level.
[quoted image]
I fired up the machine and played a test game and the switch worked perfectly. I didn't notice a single instance where it failed to trigger. I was just messing around at first just focusing on that one loop, but then got in the groove on ball 3 and ended up setting a new GC. Of course it was because of the switch.... LOL
[quoted image]

Excellent write up!!! Very good....love it when high scores are a result : )

Matt
M&M Creations
"We Don't Touch Your Balls..."

#1871 2 years ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

Hope it’s with the permanent scoop fix.
Please

I imagine it's the same as the LEs this early in the process. Will chime in next week!

#1872 2 years ago

[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Thank you for this - will have to check it.

Do you have a link for this switch?

#1873 2 years ago
Quoted from Sonic:

Excellent write up!!! Very good....love it when high scores are a result

Mine arrived and will go on this weekend! I tweaked my switch to register most of the time as a stop gap, but it would catch very slow roll backs. Though after I did adjust it I got a 5 bil run. This mod cured a LOT of problems with Rick and Morty so its well worth it

#1874 2 years ago
Quoted from kool1:

Thank you for this - will have to check it.
Do you have a link for this switch?

Just send a PM to @sonic. I don't know if he has it in his shop or not yet.

#1875 2 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

Thoughts on the Gold Vein used on the Hobbit? I think that would look sharp!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1876 2 years ago

[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Thanks for sharing

#1877 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Interesting, I thought premiums were delayed until April and that stern was producing gz pro and premium along with aiq in March. Guess not.

Premiums were made and appear to be done.. may have been hiccup on a part before shipping.. good news above.. NEXT RUN is April..several PREMIUM photos are published on Sterns FB page..

#1878 2 years ago

[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

I've also had a few cases where a slow ball got stuck on this switch as it came back down the loop, which the MRS should also fix...

#1879 2 years ago

Can someone please post a "do this before your first play" list? For example:
1. Set flipper power to .....
2. Adjust audio to ......
etc, etc.

It would be really helpful to have in a single post so I can take a screenshot.
Really appreciate it!

#1880 2 years ago

Got the premium translite in today, think it turned out nice. Great colors!

28AA6AE6-ED24-421B-817C-694922FD931F (resized).jpeg28AA6AE6-ED24-421B-817C-694922FD931F (resized).jpeg
#1881 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

[quoted image]

where did you get those?

#1882 2 years ago
Quoted from upsfeedr:

where did you get those?

Made them in my work shed. LCD frames you can buy most distributors.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1883 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Thoughts on the Gold Vein used on the Hobbit? I think that would look sharp![quoted image]

I have this on my Maiden. Here is an example.

35101B1C-CC73-42E7-B151-8611D158259F (resized).jpeg35101B1C-CC73-42E7-B151-8611D158259F (resized).jpeg
#1884 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

[quoted image]

I'm hoping to buy the Pro translite to install on my premium. Are the translites already available for purchase?

#1885 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

[quoted image]

That looks good !!!

#1886 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

[quoted image]

I think that looks fcuking sharp! Was thinking of doing this color on my GOT LE. Hopefully the guitar on the site would look ok. I think this is the official color for the Hobbit, if anyone knows for sure? Thanks for posting. Vein is better as no fingerprints.

https://www.prismaticpowders.com/shop/powder-coating-colors/EVS-1512/grecian-gold-vein

#1887 2 years ago

I found the gold vein here and had it done by Steve.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-can-powder-coat-your-pinball-armor-for-29500-plus-return-shipping/page/5#post-6748897

By the way.... I have Hobbit as well. Only difference really is that Hobbit has a clear coat on top as it looks much more glossy.

#1888 2 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I'm hoping to buy the Pro translite to install on my premium. Are the translites already available for purchase?

Email terry at pinball life and he can get one for you. His pricing isn't outrageous, either. I got a JP The Pin translite from him for around $100. Someone else was charged $160 by Gameroom guys.

#1889 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

I found the gold vein here and had it done by Steve.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-can-powder-coat-your-pinball-armor-for-29500-plus-return-shipping/page/5#post-6748897
By the way.... I have Hobbit as well. Only difference really is that Hobbit has a clear coat on top as it looks much more glossy.

Did this a long time ago on LOTR

IMG_2333 (resized).JPGIMG_2333 (resized).JPG
#1890 2 years ago

Anybody seen an issue where the reader is lit but won’t attempt to scan? I reset the cable on the node board but may also have to pop the apron to reseat it on the reader. This is on my Rush LE. Was working and just stopped. Can’t figure out why.

#1891 2 years ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

Anybody seen an issue where the reader is lit but won’t attempt to scan? I reset the cable on the node board but may also have to pop the apron to reseat it on the reader. This is on my Rush LE. Was working and just stopped. Can’t figure out why.

Make sure your brightness is up on your phone. Sometimes, turn it way up.

#1892 2 years ago
Quoted from Lateralus:

Make sure your brightness is up on your phone. Sometimes, turn it way up.

Yeah thought about that. But it scans just fine on my other IC games.

#1893 2 years ago

TinyBlackDog
Nice write up. Thank you.
I don’t think one should have to start soldering new switches into an 11 thousand dollar game though... kinda disappointing really.

#1894 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Thoughts on the Gold Vein used on the Hobbit? I think that would look sharp!

Just did it on my Indy with Radcals too! Love it.

PXL_20220303_220817157 (resized).jpgPXL_20220303_220817157 (resized).jpgPXL_20220303_220855937 (resized).jpgPXL_20220303_220855937 (resized).jpgPXL_20220303_220912140 (resized).jpgPXL_20220303_220912140 (resized).jpg
#1895 2 years ago
Quoted from tominator:

TinyBlackDog
Nice write up. Thank you.
I don’t think one should have to start soldering new switches into an 11 thousand dollar game though... kinda disappointing really.

darth-altering-deal (resized).pngdarth-altering-deal (resized).png
#1896 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Thoughts on the Gold Vein used on the Hobbit? I think that would look sharp![quoted image]

Mixed feelings. I think it will look good but might be over kill.
If I had extra parts I would try it
Honestly RUSH screams red but, unfortunately they didn’t go the route with the LE but , Red would work with premium or pro .

The black, possibly gold vein and maybe some sort of deeper darker red rust might work well

#1897 2 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Uh....You can get the Pro translite on a Pro model.

#1898 2 years ago
Quoted from gandamack:

Uh....You can get the Pro translite on a Pro model.

I have a premium on order. I just like the pro translite.

#1899 2 years ago

When did your distributor say to expect delivery of your premium? When did you order? I am trying to figure out when I can expect mine. Thx

#1900 2 years ago
Quoted from gandamack:

When did your distributor say to expect delivery of your premium? When did you order? I am trying to figure out when I can expect mine. Thx

I ordered my premium on day one. I was told to expect my machine some time in the 3rd qtr.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 210.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 42.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Lighting - Led
Gameroom Mods

There are 17,881 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 358.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1/page/38?hl=largemouthass and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.