IMG_4991.jpeg
IMG_4987.jpeg
IMG_4990.jpeg
IMG_4986.jpeg
E71D06CA-8B5A-4D2A-8EEF-9630F8B283DC (resized).jpeg
F0D80942-3C46-45F1-9873-6B6D89C9A26D (resized).jpeg
IMG_5720 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,136 posts in this topic. You are on page 362 of 363.
#18051 25 days ago
Quoted from Enchantress:

I’ve been pondering the thought for a while now. Just not a lot of room to work with.
[quoted image]

Just add a teal window from Pinball Life. It looks like it goes with the glass on the art.

IMG_5720 (resized).jpegIMG_5720 (resized).jpeg
#18052 25 days ago

Ahhhh!

I would’ve made it! I know it. I could feel it.
Still had 2 balls…

Right flipper failed. Just couldn’t keep going.

Now to see what happened to the flipper.

But Man this pin is freaking awesome!!!
GooOoAT!
E71D06CA-8B5A-4D2A-8EEF-9630F8B283DC (resized).jpegE71D06CA-8B5A-4D2A-8EEF-9630F8B283DC (resized).jpegF0D80942-3C46-45F1-9873-6B6D89C9A26D (resized).jpegF0D80942-3C46-45F1-9873-6B6D89C9A26D (resized).jpeg

#18053 24 days ago

Gonna swap out the rubbers pretty soon on my Rush Premium - any tips/suggestions or things to look out for from those of you who've done it? Looks like the one below the clock by the pops and probably the ones behind the drops will be tough to get to.

#18054 24 days ago

Take pix & take your time.

#18055 24 days ago
Quoted from leeoneil:

Already said, but your scores are totally crazy !
I'm still struggling to have more than 100 millions on each missions (Tom sayer champion, La Villa Strangiato champion etc....)
You have 700 millions on some of them.....
1 000 000 000 on La villa....
!
Awesome !

tanx... i suppose its "the beginner luck", as i'm new to pinball !

(lol )

#18056 24 days ago
Quoted from 11strings:

Gonna swap out the rubbers pretty soon on my Rush Premium - any tips/suggestions or things to look out for from those of you who've done it? Looks like the one below the clock by the pops and probably the ones behind the drops will be tough to get to.

It’s pretty easy compared to some games. It’s pretty light on rubber, all things considered. The rubber by the pops & drops are just a matter of removing some plastics & the VUK ramp & putting them back on.

I’d recommend using a slightly bigger size for the rubbers to the right of the ball lock behind the drops. You can see in my pic how the rubber is kinda stressing the post on the right.

IMG_4986.jpegIMG_4986.jpegIMG_4990.jpegIMG_4990.jpegIMG_4997.jpegIMG_4997.jpegIMG_4987.jpegIMG_4987.jpegIMG_4991.jpegIMG_4991.jpeg
#18057 24 days ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It’s pretty easy compared to some games. It’s pretty light on rubber, all things considered. The rubber by the pops & drops are just a matter of removing some plastics & the VUK ramp & putting them back on.
I’d recommend using a slightly bigger size for the rubbers to the right of the ball lock behind the drops. You can see in my pic how the rubber is kinda stressing the post on the right.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

The clears have a really good look with the way they play with the lighting.

#18058 24 days ago
Quoted from Vespula:

The clears have a really good look with the way they play with the lighting.

Yup, they’re great! These are Pinball Life Perfect Play clears. Much more clear than Titans, which are a bit milky.

PP on left, Titan on right.

IMG_5730.jpegIMG_5730.jpegIMG_5732.jpegIMG_5732.jpeg
#18059 24 days ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

Ahhhh!
I would’ve made it! I know it. I could feel it.
Still had 2 balls…
Right flipper failed. Just couldn’t keep going.

Now to see what happened to the flipper.
But Man this pin is freaking awesome!!!
GooOoAT!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Those flippers look cool. Like a 3D effect. Where did you get them?

#18060 24 days ago

I put those on mine also. I regret the clear post sleeves, they wear very fast and look like crap already

#18061 24 days ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I put those on mine also. I regret the clear post sleeves, they wear very fast and look like crap already

Even though they’re thicker than stock Sterns, I generally still love Cliffy post sleeves the best. They never wear out. I’m having good luck with these narrower color sleeves from PBL, tho.

#18062 24 days ago
Quoted from tscottn:

Pretty sure those are the flipper tops from API's Houdini. They go well with Rush.

#18063 24 days ago

https://store.american-pinball.com/products/steampunk-flipper-bat-topper-set

Quoted from tscottn:

#18064 23 days ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for the tips!

I already ordered the clear Perfect play from Pinball Life last week - maybe I'll wait on replacing the ones behind the drops.

Thanks again!

#18065 23 days ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Same! I ended up going to purple. Still get a little scuffed but I am not good about cleaning either

#18067 21 days ago

There was a pinside shop who made RUSH flipper toppers that looked similar, same colour, same 3D gears etc. if you look through the thread gallery you’ll be able to find em and maybe reach out to whoever made them.

Quoted from tscottn:

thanks.. too bad they are sold out..

#18068 21 days ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

There was a pinside shop who made RUSH flipper toppers that looked similar, same colour, same 3D gears etc. if you look through the thread gallery you’ll be able to find em and maybe reach out to whoever made them.

if your talking about the sticker ones I have those. they look ok.

#18069 21 days ago
Quoted from tscottn:

if your talking about the sticker ones I have those. they look ok.

Apollo18 edit, I think I just found the ones your talking about.

https://pinside.com/pinball/shops/shop/1012-ulekstore/05816-copper-steampunk-designed-flipper-bat-topper-mods-for-rush

#18070 20 days ago

Those covers look like the ones used for "Houdini"

#18071 20 days ago

$20 shipping to Canada for stickers LOL, not happening for me. Yikes.

#18072 20 days ago
Quoted from tscottn:

thanks.. too bad they are sold out..

They've been out of stock before. Bookmark the page and check back on occasion... API will have them available again eventually. Maybe take the available time to coordinate with someone so you can buy 3 sets and split them, each then having enough covers for all 3 flippers.

#18073 20 days ago
Quoted from kool1:

$20 shipping to Canada for stickers LOL, not happening for me. Yikes.

they're not stickers.

from the link description:
Please note: these toppers are NOT made from decals... but are made from the same high quality 1/16" acrylic plastic (with our new printing process) and heavy duty 3M tape on the back for long lasting play and durability.

This MOD truly makes your playfield come to life and adds depth and character to your plain 'ol designed flipper bats. These come in a set of 3... so a quantity of 1 gets you 3 MODs (a left, a right flipper and an upper flipper bat mod).

This design looks AWESOME and COMPLEMENTS Stern's RUSH pinball machines (all models)

NOTE: Our "Copper Steampunk" flipper bat toppers are an aftermarket mod and by no means affiliated with any of the above mentioned pinball machines and/or manufacturers.

#18074 20 days ago

Does anyone think these flipper toppers could add extra undesirable weight mass affecting shots or timing?
I'm not good enough to probably notice but a general curiosity question to the group here..

#18075 20 days ago

the 3d printed higher quality flipper toppers do change it a bit, rather minor, but noticeable.
The printed sticker type of toppers have no effect.

Quoted from Vespula:

Does anyone think these flipper toppers could add extra undesirable weight mass affecting shots or timing?
I'm not good enough to probably notice but a general curiosity question to the group here..

#18076 20 days ago

I personally don’t like the 3d flipper toppers every time I get a game with them like Houdini and my Zep premium they broke both times from airballs or balls somehow jumping the flipper! Anymore I prefer the non 3d printed ones! But if you are one guy and you play here and there they work great for how much everyone plays at our house they just don’t last for us !

#18077 20 days ago

The 3d ones do look better for sure

#18078 20 days ago
Quoted from j_m_:

they're not stickers.
from the link description:
Please note: these toppers are NOT made from decals... but are made from the same high quality 1/16" acrylic plastic (with our new printing process) and heavy duty 3M tape on the back for long lasting play and durability.
This MOD truly makes your playfield come to life and adds depth and character to your plain 'ol designed flipper bats. These come in a set of 3... so a quantity of 1 gets you 3 MODs (a left, a right flipper and an upper flipper bat mod).
This design looks AWESOME and COMPLEMENTS Stern's RUSH pinball machines (all models)
NOTE: Our "Copper Steampunk" flipper bat toppers are an aftermarket mod and by no means affiliated with any of the above mentioned pinball machines and/or manufacturers.

Sorry not stickers but with the shipping to me is $40, too much money.

#18079 19 days ago
Quoted from Gamingrulin:

I personally don’t like the 3d flipper toppers every time I get a game with them like Houdini and my Zep premium they broke both times from airballs or balls somehow jumping the flipper! Anymore I prefer the non 3d printed ones! But if you are one guy and you play here and there they work great for how much everyone plays at our house they just don’t last for us !

Exactly right!

#18080 19 days ago
Quoted from kool1:

Sorry not stickers but with the shipping to me is $40, too much money.

if you can give me a head's up prior to the next time you cross the border into the u.s., I could reach out to david (ulek), grab you a set, and set up an exchange point since I reside reasonably close to the ambassador bridge.

I know that david normally vends at the VFW show (which I believe that you attended), but could not this year.

#18081 16 days ago
Quoted from j_m_:

if you can give me a head's up prior to the next time you cross the border into the u.s., I could reach out to david (ulek), grab you a set, and set up an exchange point since I reside reasonably close to the ambassador bridge.
I know that david normally vends at the VFW show (which I believe that you attended), but could not this year.

If you are going to Expo let me know.

#18082 16 days ago
Quoted from kool1:

If you are going to Expo let me know.

yep, I will be there. david probably will as well

#18083 16 days ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Does anyone think these flipper toppers could add extra undesirable weight mass affecting shots or timing? ...

No

#18084 11 days ago

Here is a complete shocker!!

Stern Pinball Renews License for Rush

"First up is Stern Pinball. According to the distributor Mad Pinball, Stern has renewed its license for its 2022 game Rush and it is doing another production run of both Pro and Premium models in October of this year. At this point, it looks like it will only be a limited run of one build".

https://www.knapparcade.org/post/stern-pinball-renews-license-for-rush-new-funhouse-limited-edition-gameplay

#18085 11 days ago
Quoted from kool1:

"First up is Stern Pinball. According to the distributor Mad Pinball, Stern has renewed its license for its 2022 game Rush and it is doing another production run of both Pro and Premium models in October of this year. At this point, it looks like it will only be a limited run of one build".
https://www.knapparcade.org/post/stern-pinball-renews-license-for-rush-new-funhouse-limited-edition-gameplay

Saw this. Has the node board issue been resolved? Glad they are doing this. Great shooter and game.

#18086 11 days ago
Quoted from 95er:

Saw this. Has the node board issue been resolved? Glad they are doing this. Great shooter and game.

Great question.
If so, that means there should be NOBODY with any unresolved issues at this point.

#18087 11 days ago

What is “one build” ?

Quoted from kool1:

#18088 11 days ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Great question.
If so, that means there should be NOBODY with any unresolved issues at this point.

I never had an issue…does that count?

Quoted from Apollo18:

What is “one build” ?

It’s scheduled for one batch of games to be built, that’s it. For the year, anyway. Sterns could always up the license again in the future if there’s demand.

#18089 11 days ago

They obviously renewed the license you would think you would renew it for another year or 2! Unless they renewed if for one last run but they haven’t said it’s the last run so!

#18090 11 days ago
Quoted from Gamingrulin:

They obviously renewed the license you would think you would renew it for another year or 2! Unless they renewed if for one last run but they haven’t said it’s the last run so!

It sounds like Rush only licenses for 1 year increments. The batch they build will likely be enough to satiate demand for the year.

#18091 11 days ago
Quoted from 95er:

From what I hear it is not resolved for everyone. I have a pro so I have never had an issue.

Quoted from Rarehero:

It’s scheduled for one batch of games to be built, that’s it. For the year, anyway. Sterns could always up the license again in the future if there’s demand.

Exactly. Most distros have no stock anymore and I'm sure there is some demand out there. Stern has not done a run since 2022.

#18092 11 days ago

Happy Bast… I mean.. 4th to all Rush owners!

C740E854-F052-4B40-AC8E-C84F16038349 (resized).jpegC740E854-F052-4B40-AC8E-C84F16038349 (resized).jpeg

#18093 11 days ago

This picture reminds me that my 7-year-old daughter counted 8 naked guys on my Rush pinball yesterday- in case anyone was wondering.

#18094 11 days ago
Quoted from kool1:

From what I hear it is not resolved for everyone.

If this is true and they have another run, this disappoints me if they don't (a) do anything different with the new prem builds and (b) don't resolve the existing issues.. that would be a rub to know there's new build with resolved issues but someone's wasn't going to be fixed/replaced. (This isn't me, specifically, I have a pro also)

I'm going back in my lane before I start something. I just feel bad for anyone that stem caused them to have to shove a tennis ball up their ramp.

#18095 11 days ago

I personally know several people with premium /LEs and they are all ok now so... It may be a very small number.

#18096 10 days ago

What issues does the node board cause?

#18097 10 days ago
Quoted from Copyhead:

What issues does the node board cause?

Node board 10 blows up unpredictably and (at a minimum) the clock and lift ramp will not work until the board is replaced. No one, including Stern, seems to know why the board fails. Seems to affect Premium and LE games only, as the clock and lift ramp do not exist on Pros.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rush-node-board-10-issues-and-non-issues-list

#18098 10 days ago
Quoted from RCA1:

Node board 10 blows up unpredictably and (at a minimum) the clock and lift ramp will not work until the board is replaced. No one, including Stern, seems to know why the board fails. Seems to affect Premium and LE games only, as the clock and lift ramp do not exist on Pros.

The entire board itself only exists on premiums, so it can only fail there.

A premium game is playable if node 10 dies. The clock doesn't affect gameplay, and you can do something to prop up the lift ramp so it's just static there like a pro. It's not a great situation but you do still have a game and not a brick.

The consensus in the other thread seems to be that the leads that carry current to the motors are too thin, so they overheat. Some people have flowed more solder or replaced them with thicker wires, and that may make it hold up better. Compared to Godzilla which has the same board, Rush's components pull more power and operate more frequently (the drum clock goes every time you hit a bumper) so that's why it doesn't happen on Godzillas with the same board. (This is all speculation and not firsthand knowledge, I owned a Rush Pro not premium.)

#18099 10 days ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

The consensus in the other thread seems to be that the leads that carry current to the motors are too thin, so they overheat. Some people have flowed more solder or replaced them with thicker wires, and that may make it hold up better.

This is incorrect. The leads from the motor are thin, but the potential problem was from Stern installing zip ties too tightly, damaging the wires beneath the sheathing. This MAY have been an issue for some owners. Stern ultimately started sending motors without having the wires zip-tied and eliminating the intermediate harness. Some owners are still having issues.

Additionally, incorrect gauge connector pins were crimped onto the wire leads and were missing the unshielded wire at the crimp. That’s where the solder comes in. The best solution was to replace with the correct gauge connector pins.

One of the owners opened a motor to see if the wires were replaceable, but he determined it was too complex.

Ultimately, some owners have had Node 10 blow without either motors connected to it. There are two electrical engineers looking at this issue in the thread (thank you mbwalker and Necro2112 ), but a solution hasn’t been determined yet.

FWIW, I’ve got a Rush LE with 1,000 plays and haven’t had an issue. I did proactively replace the motor, eliminating the intermediate harness, and crimped the proper size connector pins to the leads from the motor.

#18100 10 days ago

I'm curious. For those who have played both the Pro and Premium/LE a lot, is it easier to get to the wizard modes on the Pro or the Premium/LE. I've got an LE and though I've gotten to Book 1 multiple times, I've never gotten to the others in game play. I'm not a pinball wizard, but I'm still pretty good and don't see myself ever getting beyond Book 1 and I've had games that lasted over an hour.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 194.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 138.00
Lighting - Interactive
ArcadeMade

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 44.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
PinSteps for Rush Pre-order!
PinShades

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

$ 18.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

12,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Corinth, MS
7,999 (Firm)
There are 18,136 posts in this topic. You are on page 362 of 363.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.