IMG_4991.jpeg
IMG_4987.jpeg
IMG_4990.jpeg
IMG_4986.jpeg
E71D06CA-8B5A-4D2A-8EEF-9630F8B283DC (resized).jpeg
F0D80942-3C46-45F1-9873-6B6D89C9A26D (resized).jpeg
IMG_5720 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,137 posts in this topic. You are on page 361 of 363.
#18001 42 days ago
Quoted from WinslowLeach:

I apologize if this has been asked before, but 360 pages is a lot to dig through for a previous answer to a mostly rhetorical question. I am the happy recent owner of a Rush Pro and just added expression lights and Pinwoofer backbox speakers and lights. It's a fantastic combination and I love the work that was put into the programming of the light shows for the songs on the pin. My question is this. When any song is playing during game play, the lights are coordinated with the music. But, when you're in DJ mode with the songs playing, the machine just cycles through various attract mode patterns. Why didn't they use the song-specific light patterns during DJ mode too? Seems like a bit of a waste and would definitely make for a more entertaining visual experience.

The songs in DJ mode are the full tracks, not just the clipped versions for the modes, so it wouldn’t sync up.

#18002 42 days ago

I apologize if this has been asked before, but 360 pages is a lot to dig through for a previous answer to a mostly rhetorical question. I am the happy recent owner of a Rush Pro and just added expression lights and Pinwoofer backbox speakers and lights. It's a fantastic combination and I love the work that was put into the programming of the light shows for the songs on the pin. My question is this. When any song is playing during game play, the lights are coordinated with the music. But, when you're in DJ mode with the songs playing, the machine just cycles through various attract mode patterns. Why didn't they use the song-specific light patterns during DJ mode too? Seems like a bit of a waste and would definitely make for a more entertaining visual experience.

I thought this too.

I still think they could have had two DJ modes... one like it is now with full tracks and a second concert DJ one that cycles through the game selection songs in order or even random showing the edited version with concert footage, and light shows.

Anyway, since there isn't, here's my workaround...

I occasionally stop mid game and watch the concert, and listen to RUSH with the light show. Sometimes cradle up if it's specific parts of songs, sometimes on a new ball.

Here's a trick on a new ball to do this intentionally...

You have to become the DJ as it won't go from song to song but if you want to watch the concert footage plus light show for one of the song selection tracks, on a new ball, select your song and just launch the ball halfway up the lane to hit the first switch and let it fall back down to start the concert footage on the screen. Enjoy the show.

Some notes on this...

You'll get the (annoying) call outs while your ball is sitting in the shooter lane telling you to hurry up and play, etc. This was added in a later code and there is also a setting that was added in the latest code so you can disable those. I like them disabled so I can watch the show when I want without the nagging.

Here's a pro tip to improve the experience if you are intentionally wanting to watch the footage with the light show...

Before you start a game You can select minimal graphics / concert mode on the screen so mostly all just the concert footage on the LCD (There's a setting to set the default display mode too FYI)

If you want to go to another song, you need to end game (hold left flipper and start, but this will also kill you minimal graphics/cocert mode if you selected it) or drain the ball to get a new ball and you'll be at song selection again.

#18003 42 days ago

This was answered a ways back, I believe. From what I recall, some songs are trimmed slightly when in game and the lights are timed to the altered versions. So, they didn't wanna spend the time to sync lights to the full songs or something. Makes sense not to spend time on that when there are games in the pipeline, etc.

#18004 41 days ago

True but if you can select the song at game startup, short plunge a ball, watch the video concert footage in its entirety during a game while not playing, just listening and watching concert and light shows, then why can't there be a "concert DJ mode" that just plays all those same songs in selection order or random with the concert footage that already exists during the game ? (Including cygnus!)

#18005 41 days ago

Finally got around to some loonnngg overdue maintenance. Switched out ramp motor to one that plugs directly into the Node 10 board. Installed new ramp opti sensors. And the much overdue changing out the original scoop protectors along with installing the black rubbered scoop guardian.

Now, it's just a matter of having time to play.

#18006 40 days ago

Well, I finally got a chance to test out my machine after all the maintenance and I've got to say, this game is so much more fun when the time machine grabs the ball and you can actually start modes.

#18007 40 days ago

Question for people who have had the pro Rush Ramp for a while - Are you happy with it? Recommend it? Any issues?

THX!

https://www.interactivepinball.com/store/p/rush-ramp

#18008 40 days ago

Hey group - I just delivered a relatively little-used Rush Premium to my uncle. No known issues from the previous owner. However, we just had a couple random mid-game shut-downs. I’ve got a GZ Prem but have never had a similar issue, so I don’t know where to start with troubleshooting. Any advice?

#18009 40 days ago

I'm not experiencing any shutdowns, and I'm a new pinball owner. I am however a computer engineer and have a great deal of experience with embedded systems (like pinball machines).

Simplest troubleshooting are to take out physical problems. Make sure it's plugged into something that does a good job of power conditioning/surge protection. I would buy a new, higher quality SD card, and re-flash the firmware from Stern. You can always try an A/B test without the USB wifi dongle installed as well.

#18010 39 days ago
Quoted from reconsider59:

Hey group - I just delivered a relatively little-used Rush Premium to my uncle. No known issues from the previous owner. However, we just had a couple random mid-game shut-downs. I’ve got a GZ Prem but have never had a similar issue, so I don’t know where to start with troubleshooting. Any advice?

When ever moving a game it's likely cable connections may have worked loose. Low risk approach would be to carefully check that all connections are secure throughout your game.

#18011 39 days ago
Quoted from zebpin61:

When ever moving a game it's likely cable connections may have worked loose. Low risk approach would be to carefully check that all connections are secure throughout your game.

Thanks - it hasn’t happened since, and this does seem to have been the issue!

#18012 39 days ago
Quoted from reconsider59:

check the coin door button sometimes they get bent in which will cause resets, easiest thing first.

#18013 39 days ago

Just reached 2112 for the first time, got to stage 7 (grand finale), and lost it!!! Not sure if I’ll ever be able to get there again, but man that mode rocks! Has to be one of the coolest wizard modes there is.

IMG_2589 (resized).jpegIMG_2589 (resized).jpegIMG_2590 (resized).jpegIMG_2590 (resized).jpeg
#18014 39 days ago
Quoted from kool1:

Question for people who have had the pro Rush Ramp for a while - Are you happy with it? Recommend it? Any issues?
THX!

I have had the ramp for about 6 months now and love it. The ball occasionally falls off the rail (right after the loop) but I have Precision Halos as well, so it may be a speed issue. Doesn’t happen often enough for me to bother tweaking anything other than flipper power yet.

#18015 39 days ago
Quoted from mIkea:

I have had the ramp for about 6 months now and love it. The ball occasionally falls off the rail (right after the loop) but I have Precision Halos as well, so it may be a speed issue. Doesn’t happen often enough for me to bother tweaking anything other than flipper power yet.

Curious, do you have the precision halos on all 3 flippers? That's what I did, but now the left orbit off the upper right flipper hits low of the side scoop. It looks like if I try to adjust the flipper out any further to try and compensate that it will then be in the way if I want to let the ball exit the orbit and down to the lower part of the playfield. I was hoping there was a flipper hold power adjustment I could tweak but haven't been able to find anything.

#18016 39 days ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

Just reached 2112 for the first time, got to stage 7 (grand finale), and lost it!!! Not sure if I’ll ever be able to get there again, but man that mode rocks! Has to be one of the coolest wizard modes there is.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Whoa.

#18017 39 days ago
Quoted from Big_Whoopin:

Curious, do you have the precision halos on all 3 flippers? That's what I did, but now the left orbit off the upper right flipper hits low of the side scoop. It looks like if I try to adjust the flipper out any further to try and compensate that it will then be in the way if I want to let the ball exit the orbit and down to the lower part of the playfield. I was hoping there was a flipper hold power adjustment I could tweak but haven't been able to find anything.

Yep I have halos on all 3. No issues like you describe though. If anything, that shot is way more accurate.

#18018 39 days ago
Quoted from Big_Whoopin:

I've got halographics on all three flippers, my left orbit to side scoop is 100% (as long as there is enough speed to get the ball to the scoop). I don't remember making any micro-adjustments to dial in the accuracy.

#18019 38 days ago

Hmm... OK, thanks for the info. I'll look into my setup on that upper flipper a bit more when I get a chance.

#18020 37 days ago
Quoted from kool1:

THX!

I’ve had no issues with mine. Highly recommend. Nitro had these in stock at one time.

#18021 37 days ago
Quoted from mIkea:

Quoted from Pinplayer1967:

I’ve had no issues with mine. Highly recommend. Nitro had these in stock at one time.

Thank you - I think I may move ahead with this and give it a try.

#18022 33 days ago

I had forgotten about that ramp mod, I pulled the trigger as well.

#18023 33 days ago

The ramp mod on the pro is awesome. I think it works better than having a VUK on the premium honestly. Super smooth and satisfying.

#18024 33 days ago

Anyone know if this ramp mod gets in the way of the ninjacamp RUSH 'EXIT... STAGE LEFT' LOOP LIGHT REPLICATOR mod?
https://pinside.com/pinball/shops/shop/1326-ninjacamp-mods/06755-rush-exit-stage-left-loop-light-replicator

#18025 33 days ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Anyone know if this ramp mod gets in the way of the ninjacamp RUSH 'EXIT... STAGE LEFT' LOOP LIGHT REPLICATOR mod?
https://pinside.com/pinball/shops/shop/1326-ninjacamp-mods/06755-rush-exit-stage-left-loop-light-replicator

Yep.
I put the sign on a hex post, which I then realized I should have done in the first place.

#18026 33 days ago
Quoted from mIkea:

Yep.
I put the sign on a hex post, which I then realized I should have done in the first place.

Thank you
Would it be too much trouble to share a picture?

#18027 32 days ago

Now that I understand how to spot which combos I’ve collected & going for the uncollected, I got a new Album Champion of 7! Has anyone collected all 10 album combos in 1 game?

IMG_5665 (resized).jpegIMG_5665 (resized).jpeg
#18028 32 days ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Thank you

Of course- NP. Looked for one one on my phone but I have everything except that. I’ll snap a few pics when I get home.

#18029 32 days ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Thank you

Sorry can’t really see the post I guess.

CE547AD5-C3FF-4339-806A-1F0D639E04F3 (resized).jpegCE547AD5-C3FF-4339-806A-1F0D639E04F3 (resized).jpegDBB8B9D0-C7D1-4F71-8316-49E4900C1452 (resized).jpegDBB8B9D0-C7D1-4F71-8316-49E4900C1452 (resized).jpeg
#18030 32 days ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Now that I understand how to spot which combos I’ve collected & going for the uncollected, I got a new Album Champion of 7! Has anyone collected all 10 album combos in 1 game?

I just looked to see if I could find any stats at Stern's website. I have gotten the collect 5 albums achievement (which only 5% of players evidently have) but I've not gotten the collect ALL albums (which only 0.31% have.

I don't know what my max number is.

#18031 32 days ago
Quoted from lospugs:

I just looked to see if I could find any stats at Stern's website. I have gotten the collect 5 albums achievement (which only 5% of players evidently have) but I've not gotten the collect ALL albums (which only 0.31% have.
I don't know what my max number is.

It's in the attract mode credits, my max is 7 also like Rarehero

#18032 32 days ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I've done it. Nothing special happens, but they reset and you can collect them again for another use of the Weapon on any that you used.

#18033 32 days ago

Almost all, a pitiful 9 albums for me

20240614_235642 (resized).jpg20240614_235642 (resized).jpg
#18034 32 days ago

Hey Rush fans, I am in a comp on another Forum where I have to pick a RUSH song, knowing nothing of the band much which song should I choose!

#18035 32 days ago
Quoted from DKong:

Hey Rush fans, I am in a comp on another Forum where I have to pick a RUSH song, knowing nothing of the band much which song should I choose!

Tom Sawyer

#18037 32 days ago
Quoted from Big_Whoopin:

Hmm... OK, thanks for the info. I'll look into my setup on that upper flipper a bit more when I get a chance.

Derp, this one was all me. When I got the halo flippers I also got the keyed shafts and clamps. I knew I didn't need to torque the clamp screws down on these like normal clamps, but apparently I hadn't tightened then enough. Keeping a close eye as I played I spotted that they had some dead bounce to them. Checked underneath and sure enough all 3 were loose. Tightened down more so they felt solid. I can now hit the orbit-to-side-scoop shot again most of the time. I may need to spend some more time dialing these in though as it still hits the scoop a little lower than I remember with the stock flippers.

Thanks for the confirmation that this was a "me" problem and getting me to re-examine my setup!

#18038 32 days ago
Quoted from DKong:

Far Cry or YYZ.

#18039 32 days ago

Well I might as well make this my first (second post ) post since this is the pin that has started our collection journey…. Rush is a theme that attracted me as a fan. I had many days playing the moving pictures cassette and then the chronicles CD… but when my wife and I played the pin at a local arcade, we were both hooked. Each shot is the right balance between easy/hard that you get that sense of satisfaction after they are made… We have put a fair number of mods on it and every vendor has been great to work with! The support from this community has been exceptional… look forward to exchanging ideas with y’all In the future. Take it easy.

#18040 32 days ago

YYZ
Fly By Night
Subdivisions

(Even if The Trees is one of my favorites)

#18041 32 days ago
Quoted from Whoblewyou:

Well I might as well make this my first (second post ) post since this is the pin that has started our collection journey…. Rush is a theme that attracted me as a fan. I had many days playing the moving pictures cassette and then the chronicles CD… but when my wife and I played the pin at a local arcade, we were both hooked. Each shot is the right balance between easy/hard that you get that sense of satisfaction after they are made… We have put a fair number of mods on it and every vendor has been great to work with! The support from this community has been exceptional… look forward to exchanging ideas with y’all In the future. Take it easy.

My 1st pin too! I had a list but one popped up with expression lights by me and here we are. Love the damn thing but wow does it kick my teeth in. It's definitely made me a better player when I go to locations at least. Don't think I'll ever get some of these scores I see but still playing almost daily. It's been fun so far even with the scoop issues and dreaded node board but mines only needed minor maintenance. Fingers crossed and cheers.

#18042 31 days ago

I agree with all the song choices of course!
But
What?
What about working man?!
And
And..
And...

#18043 31 days ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

10 !!!???

pin (resized).JPGpin (resized).JPG

#18044 31 days ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

10 !!!???
[quoted image]

10 clearly isn't the max ?
Maybe someone can clue me in and expand my knowledge of the game which won't take much

#18045 31 days ago
Quoted from Vespula:

10 clearly isn't the max ?
Maybe someone can clue me in and expand my knowledge of the game which won't take much

There are 10 albums combos - but once you get them all, you can get them again.

#18046 31 days ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

There are 10 albums combos - but once you get them all, you can get them again.

I hope I do!
Didn't know. Thank you

#18047 30 days ago

Already said, but your scores are totally crazy !
I'm still struggling to have more than 100 millions on each missions (Tom sayer champion, La Villa Strangiato champion etc....)
You have 700 millions on some of them.....
1 000 000 000 on La villa....
!
Awesome !

#18048 28 days ago

Has anyone made anything cool to cover up that ugly ass ic reader?

#18050 27 days ago
Quoted from Slogan1111:

Has anyone made anything cool to cover up that ugly ass ic reader?

I’ve been pondering the thought for a while now. Just not a lot of room to work with.

6E919EFD-6277-4FBE-BA43-84BCF2E30120 (resized).jpeg6E919EFD-6277-4FBE-BA43-84BCF2E30120 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 275.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

10,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 16.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lermods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Florissant, MO
$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

7,999 (Firm)
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Fenton, MO
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 8.00
Apparel - Unisex
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 18,137 posts in this topic. You are on page 361 of 363.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.