IMG_6410 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2562 (resized).jpg
IMG_2578 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2574 (resized).jpeg
20240322_163542 (resized).jpg
20240322_163631 (resized).jpg
20240319_194137 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,880 posts in this topic. You are on page 354 of 358.
#17651 66 days ago

My diverter suffers from the same slow down problem! It appears you have solved it in your video.

Would be amazing to have my diverter speed restored with a brilliant 3d printer creation such as that!

Why do you say "possible fix" in your post?
Are there other solutions or maybe different solutions you are working on?

#17652 66 days ago
Quoted from Vespula:

I wouldn't spend thousands more for an LE just for EL, which is what I think you said your thought process was, but I would take $500 of the money post-sale and buy the EL for a premium that I had been playing, added any mods or fixes, and confirm to have no node 10 problems.
If your LE is NIB .... Well, need I say more?
Fingers crossed.
Keep your premium, get EL after the sale.

I have an extra NIB EL set for $450 shipped if anyone needs it.

#17653 66 days ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Why do you say "possible fix" in your post?
Are there other solutions or maybe different solutions you are working on?

Maybe other fixes have already been implemented, but I failed to find them on the 350+ pages.
This "possible fix" (maybe there are others) is a solution that works perfectly for me, nothing else in the pipeline.

#17654 65 days ago
Quoted from Bos007:

Maybe other fixes have already been implemented, but I failed to find them on the 350+ pages.
This "possible fix" (maybe there are others) is a solution that works perfectly for me, nothing else in the pipeline.

I agree. Haven't seen this, but definitely needed.. great job.
Do you plan to market this? I'm interested.

#17655 65 days ago

I thought I'd share my latest labor of love... First, I 3D-printed the starman twice. I flipped one upside down to make mirror images replicating Neil's bass drum graphics. I painted the stars red and the men bronze using Testors enamel, then applied a clear coat spray. Finally, I affixed them to the speaker grilles with super glue (because I'll never need to remove them). They look cool when they reflect the EL!

IMG_8327 (resized).jpgIMG_8327 (resized).jpgIMG_8328 (resized).jpgIMG_8328 (resized).jpg
#17656 65 days ago

I'm always interested when I see engineering fixes like this. I wonder, why didn't Stern make this small tweak? Did they run out of time to optimize the design? Was it "good enough"? Or is there a reason the designed it exactly like they did? We'll likely never know, but good job improving the flow regardless.

#17657 65 days ago
Quoted from Dobler:

Anyone else here surprised to see that the Godzilla topper ranked higher in the TWIPYs than Rush? They are both overpriced for sure, but Rush at least has some interaction with the game. These two shouldn’t have been anywhere close to each other in my opinion. I think it’s just another indication how Rush in general is always under appreciated.
I did buy a Rush topper and I’m still mad at myself for paying that much, but I’m also mostly glad I got it.

Just numbers. So many more GZ games out there and so many more GZ toppers.

Rush topper is much more interesting but I doubt most people have even seen one.

Quoted from CrashJT:

I talked to Adam today at Stern support about the topper arrow and the tests. He had to talk with the developer. What he found is this. The topper has the lights and the arrow. The arrow switches in the switch test allow it to stop in the areas as described in the quoted post. If your arrow stops in those places, the hardware is working. When they programed the Mystery Award, they decided to use the lights to indicate the award. The arrow spins whenever the gears spin and stops where it stops. The arrow is programed separately to indicate the RUSH stand up targets (I believe during Bastille Day Hurry Up). If you hit the 'R' the arrow moves to the top left 10 O'Clock (extra ball) position. If you hit 'U' the arrow moves to the 2 O'Clock (millions) position, if you hit the 'S' it moves to the 4 O'Clock (advance tm) position, and hitting 'H' points it to the 8 O'Clock (Frenzy) position.
Thank you Adam for your help!

I will have to try this. Thanks.

#17658 65 days ago

Hmm, so it stops spinning during Bastille Day and only moves when you hit the respective letters?
If so, doesn't surprise me I've never seen it because that mode Is difficult and short, and takes a bit of attention.. No time to be looking at the topper! But I'll make the effort next time to confirm this behavior now that I know about it.

#17659 65 days ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Hmm, so it stops spinning during Bastille Day and only moves when you hit the respective letters?
If so, doesn't surprise me I've never seen it because that mode Is difficult and short, and takes a bit of attention.. No time to be looking at the topper!

And it really makes no sense. The inserts at those targets light when hit, so why would anyone ever look up to see the position of the arrow? Seems like a sad attempt at making it seem interactive after they bailed on the arrow and used the topper lights to indicate the award.

#17660 65 days ago

I had my best game in a long while last night. 504 million (664gc)and I beat 4 or five of my previous award high scores. Super fun game. I was blasting through time and I think I got headlong flight mb twice? Is this possible?

Edit: I think what happened was I got headlong flight and then another multiball so it started then when done headlong continued.

#17661 65 days ago

after some requests by PM, here's the link to the .stl file for the 'tweaked' diverter piece
Have fun with it, I do hope it fixes your game !

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:6480300

blender_ss (resized).pngblender_ss (resized).png
#17662 65 days ago
Quoted from Vespula:

I had my best game in a long while last night. 504 million (664gc)and I beat 4 or five of my previous award high scores. Super fun game. I was blasting through time and I think I got headlong flight mb twice? Is this possible?
Edit: I think what happened was I got headlong flight and then another multiball so it started then when done headlong continued.

You can stack Headlong Flight while another multiball is running, but you can't stack other MBs once Headlong is already going, and there's no scenario where any other MB ends while Headlong keeps going.

That said, this is the exception which is what you probably did: with Far Cry going, you started Headlong, then completed Far Cry where it transitions into One Little Victory Laps. (And completing Far Cry to get its super plus some OLV supers is the biggest sudden way to gain a lot of years.)

Starting Headlong twice in a game is possible, but is a really long way to go, you need to advance quite a bit farther on the drum clock the second time (starts at 5 pm instead of 8 pm IIRC), and the rules for upgrading pop bumpers for minutes change to be significantly more difficult.

(It's also possible you might have mistaken an add-a-ball from mystery or the weapon for another multiball starting.)

#17663 65 days ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

You can stack Headlong Flight while another multiball is running, but you can't stack other MBs once Headlong is already going, and there's no scenario where any other MB ends while Headlong keeps going.
That said, this is the exception which is what you probably did: with Far Cry going, you started Headlong, then completed Far Cry where it transitions into One Little Victory Laps. (And completing Far Cry to get its super plus some OLV supers is the biggest sudden way to gain a lot of years.)
Starting Headlong twice in a game is possible, but is a really long way to go, you need to advance quite a bit farther on the drum clock the second time (starts at 5 pm instead of 8 pm IIRC), and the rules for upgrading pop bumpers for minutes change to be significantly more difficult.
(It's also possible you might have mistaken an add-a-ball from mystery or the weapon for another multiball starting.)

Yes!
I was in far cry mb now that you mention it and I believe that's when qualified headlong... I was really rocking at that time and since I've not been in that situation to comprehend what was happening exactly.
Plus I did get the time traveller award for reaching 2040 after my game ended so I clearly completed steps and gained extra years which also makes sense.
The drum scenario is possible also but if I did it I wouldn't have known about it other than thinking I kicked off headling AGAIN which is what I thought happened. Maybe it did? Since it's less likely, and I was in far cry, I think the answer it's still the same and headlongX2 isn't as likely.
Your knowledge of this game is nothing short of amazing.
Thanks.

#17664 65 days ago

You can't kick off Headlong while it's already running, it always continues to the end of the multiball and then the drum clock resets and you have a long way to go before you can get it again.

The stack of Far Cry - Headlong - One Little Victory is the only sequence where more multiballs can start *twice* during an existing multiball. (You can also do add-a-balls four times in total during all this, one from mystery and three from separate Weapon uses.)

#17665 64 days ago

Skill shot/programming question: What, exactly, ends your ability to accomplish a skill shot?

Sometimes the ball leaves the shooter lane, hits no other switches, I let it drain, and then pops back into the shooter lane ready for another launch. Over and over. Other times, the seemingly exact same conditions cancels the attempt and auto-launches. Any ideas what the difference is?

#17666 64 days ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

Skill shot/programming question: What, exactly, ends your ability to accomplish a skill shot?
Sometimes the ball leaves the shooter lane, hits no other switches, I let it drain, and then pops back into the shooter lane ready for another launch. Over and over. Other times, the seemingly exact same conditions cancels the attempt and auto-launches. Any ideas what the difference is?

Three total hits of the switch higher up in the plunger lane. After that you lose the skill shot privilege. The idea is that you can fall short of plunging to the upper flipper and try again, but after three tries, you're done.

(I'm not quite sure how the game counts it when you cross that switch both going up and going down. That may count as one hit, or as two if there's a long time in between.)

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#17667 64 days ago

It’s Two switch hits, and you lose the skill shot.

Quoted from vikingerik:

Three total hits of the switch higher up in the plunger lane. After that you lose the skill shot privilege. The idea is that you can fall short of plunging to the upper flipper and try again, but after three tries, you're done.
(I'm not quite sure how the game counts it when you cross that switch both going up and going down. That may count as one hit, or as two if there's a long time in between.)

#17668 64 days ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

3. The upper switch in the shooter is hit on the way up, back down and up again.

#17669 64 days ago
Quoted from tktlwyr:

3. The upper switch in the shooter is hit on the way up, back down and up again.

Just counting along with the last few posts - it has to be at least 4 hits... Over the shooter lane switch and back down is 2. Then the second plunge attempt if done correctly hits that switch a third time, but the skill shot is still lit to hit. Therefore, the 4th switch hit is what turns off the skill shot.

Regarding the auto-plunger, I believe it's the 2nd switch hit which validates the playfield and causes the auto-plunger to engage.

#17670 64 days ago
Quoted from Bos007:

after some requests by PM, here's the link to the .stl file for the 'tweaked' diverter piece
[quoted image]

Many thanks for sharing, I really appreciate it.

Excellent flow now to the right flipper via the diverter, this is how it should have been designed, well done!!!

#17671 63 days ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

Quoted from Apollo18:

Quoted from tktlwyr:

Quoted from GrooTheWanderer:

Just counting along with the last few posts - it has to be at least 4 hits...

I can tell you two issues with all of these answers. They make sense, but:
1) There have been times the ball leaves the shooter lane, hits zero switches, and then immediately autolaunches.
2) There have been times the ball leaves the shooter lane, hits zero switches and repeats literally a half dozen times allowing me seemingly unlimited attempts. Comical when it's happening, but confusing when it doesn't seem to be consistent. I feel like it's a programming glitch. The switches appear 100% fine.

#17672 63 days ago
Quoted from Bos007:

[quoted image]

really cool. Thanks for the share. I'll try to have a friend make this for me and report back!

#17673 63 days ago

It took: Lanes in the most closed position, Dead end ramp cheater mod, and Titan Rubbers, But I have FINALLY gotten to book two. Ended at year 209(4?). Yes the game was set to "baby mode" when it comes to post positions and the dead end ramp, but I'm still very proud to be seeing progress

IMG_0432 (resized).jpegIMG_0432 (resized).jpegIMG_0435 (resized).pngIMG_0435 (resized).png

#17674 60 days ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

It's late, but if I'm reading that correctly, Adam told you the arrow does nothing useful using lots of words.

He offered that they wanted the arrow to stop in the award, but because of the switches and motor it is abrupt. On a "wheel of chance" you expect to see it slow to a stop. Not be spinning full blast and come to a screeching halt. That may be why they decided to use the lights to show the award. They wanted to try something fun with the arrow so they programed it to the Rush targets. They could have done nothing with the arrow, but they did that instead.

#17675 60 days ago

#17676 60 days ago

I will get this. One day

Also, a reminder
RUSH pin is GOAT!

F13347AC-E4DD-4FD6-8782-FD82F1441129 (resized).jpegF13347AC-E4DD-4FD6-8782-FD82F1441129 (resized).jpeg
#17677 60 days ago

Having a new problem - Time Machine magnet isn't grabbing balls as they pass through and not getting credit. As a result, I can't start song modes or collect 123 albums. The opto switch on top of ramp worked during diagnostic switch test. Everything else seems fine. Recently replaced node 10 and motors in ramp and clock. Had a few dozen plays with no problem. Magnet not working began as a sporadic issue; now it never grabs the ball and never gives ramp credits. Any ideas how to fix this? Thanks.

#17678 59 days ago
Quoted from Jodester:

Has anybody else had a magnet go bad on a premium or LE?
I have been working with Kyle at Stern and it looks like my magnet has died. There is still 48 volts going to the magnet, but nothing happening when triggered.
Any tips on disassembly of the time machine? In the manual, it looks like I need to pull the ramps to get to the upper screws to remove the mech.

Did you ever get this fixed? I'm having a similar problem.

#17679 59 days ago

Hey any of You guys that want a Rush Topper but dont want to pay so much
Go to see the thread By Gryzz.Hes selling for 1300 I think.Awesome deal IMO
I got nothing to do with it I just see it and know somebody wants it at that price.

#17680 59 days ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Hey any of You guys that want a Rush Topper but dont want to pay so much
Go to see the thread By Gryzz.Hes selling for 1300 I think.Awesome deal IMO
I got nothing to do with it I just see it and know somebody wants it at that price.

Gryzz is a solid guy too. If I didn't have one, I'd jump on this.

#17681 59 days ago

Warning to all using Ninja Camp scoop protector, it does NOT protect the play field! I have had mine installed sense November 2022. Just found this yesterday. Installing the Stern version and going back to using the front scoop bumpers. If I had not removed the original, the play field damage would not have occurred.

20240217_135634 (resized).jpg20240217_135634 (resized).jpg
#17682 59 days ago
Quoted from YYZ2112YYZ:

Having a new problem - Time Machine magnet isn't grabbing balls as they pass through and not getting credit. As a result, I can't start song modes or collect 123 albums. The opto switch on top of ramp worked during diagnostic switch test. Everything else seems fine. Recently replaced node 10 and motors in ramp and clock. Had a few dozen plays with no problem. Magnet not working began as a sporadic issue; now it never grabs the ball and never gives ramp credits. Any ideas how to fix this? Thanks.

Mine started doing the same thing and I haven't had time to get around to looking into it. I suspect it's one of the connectors is loose or the opto sensors at the top of the ramp are out of alignment. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. At other times it will start the mode with a solid hit to the bottom of the ramp then grab the ball the next time through and show the video. It's frustrating as hell because you can't do anything in this game if you can't start a mode.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#17683 59 days ago

I have the PinMonk Mylar installed under the Scoop protector. Would highly recommend to everyone as the scoops are very high traffic areas, and I think should be considered regardless of what scoop protector you’re using.

https://pinmonk.com/products/rush-scoop-mylar

The NC scoop protector saved this pin for me.
A pin which is now IMHO GOAT

Quoted from ateze:

Warning to all using Ninja Camp scoop protector, it does NOT protect the play field! I have had mine installed sense November 2022. Just found this yesterday. Installing the Stern version and going back to using the front scoop bumpers. If I had not removed the original, the play field damage would not have occurred.[quoted image]

#17684 59 days ago
Quoted from ateze:

Warning to all using Ninja Camp scoop protector, it does NOT protect the play field! I have had mine installed sense November 2022. Just found this yesterday. Installing the Stern version and going back to using the front scoop bumpers. If I had not removed the original, the play field damage would not have occurred.[quoted image]

I added Mylar before using the ninja camp protectors to fend off something like this from happening. That said, I’ll probably go back to the Stern ones if the ninja camp one ever wears out.

#17685 59 days ago

Sadly, I’d sell my Rush If I was ever was forced go back to the stern fix. It’s horrendous.

#17686 59 days ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Sadly, I’d sell my Rush If I was ever was forced go back to the stern fix. It’s horrendous.

In play it’s still pretty easy to make the mystery scoop in my experience with the stern scoop fix from the factory. It also makes the ejects 100% never go straight down the middle.

The NC protector is alright, but it definitely gets way over hyped in this thread.

#17687 59 days ago

While it did function, For me it is the real estate it takes up - blocks ball paths and I hated it.

#17688 59 days ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

While it did function, For me it is the real estate it takes up - blocks ball paths and I hated it.

I don't think I've ever thought "Those rubbers/whatever got in the way". I agree it looks funky, but I like it.

#17689 59 days ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

... I agree it looks funky ...

Yep. Reminds me of horse blinders:

main-qimg-ba0d055f80b2338e41f8c7c1fa5dc064 (resized).jpegmain-qimg-ba0d055f80b2338e41f8c7c1fa5dc064 (resized).jpeg

#17690 59 days ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Yep. Reminds me of horse blinders:
[quoted image]

They do, but I never cared or thought about it until someone here pointed it out. Mine are gray, not blue.
I can make the mystery scoop like they aren't there.
Never hit them in the sides that I noticed either but I'm sure I probably missed at least one opportunity for the ball to slide in sideways.. meh.
Blinders on or off, we All hail RUSH, the goat per Apollo18

#17691 58 days ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

I don't think I've ever thought "Those rubbers/whatever got in the way". I agree it looks funky, but I like it.

Thats the beauty of having options

#17692 57 days ago

I finally made it to Book 1.

Drained trying to start my last mode (Tom Sawyer). Super fun, 890M book 1. More than doubled my previous GC score, now on to start book 2.

book1 (resized).jpgbook1 (resized).jpg
#17693 55 days ago
Quoted from lospugs:

I finally made it to Book 1.
Drained trying to start my last mode (Tom Sawyer). Super fun, 890M book 1. More than doubled my previous GC score, now on to start book 2.[quoted image]

Way.....to......go..... DAD!

SOMEDAY...... someday.

I played all the wizard modes last night for practice... Such a fun diversion. I forget they are there. 2112 is a super fun wild ride.

#17694 55 days ago

Thanks. Frankly, the best part about it is now (I think) I get to play Book1 as one of my song selections. Such a fun riff to get the game moving.

I honestly haven't turned it back on since then, pretty busy time of year for me, but I've been close to Book 1 and 2 about 10 times (either 1 MB, or 1 mode left to complete) but hadn't ever closed the deal before. Hopefully tomorrow night I'll get back at it.

#17695 55 days ago
Quoted from Bos007:

[quoted image]

Thanks for making this available. What is the preferred material to use in printing this part?

#17696 54 days ago
Quoted from Magicman:

Thanks for making this available. What is the preferred material to use in printing this part?

I used PETG, 50% infill

#17697 54 days ago

Id be interested in a review of Ninjacamp's Expressive Speaker Lights Kit as Im thinking of getting them. I have an LE with Expressive Lights.

FYI, I had the known node failure, but fixed months ago...

#17698 54 days ago
Quoted from Animal:

Id be interested in a review of Ninjacamp's Expressive Speaker Lights Kit as Im thinking of getting them. I have an LE with Expressive Lights.

No regrets here. They really help accent the playfield Expression Lights.

#17699 54 days ago
Quoted from Animal:

Quoted from Photopin:

No regrets here. They really help accent the playfield Expression Lights.

Ditto. Awesome love the exp sync, and looks great.
Also have the under cab, back box and topper ninja kit.. pairs in my room nicely with GNR in an attract mode light show dual. Mesmerizing.

You may have seen this video on ninja market listing

Attract mode video

#17700 53 days ago

Well, got back at it...and got through Book 2! Drained trying to collect 1-2-3s to get from 2108 to 2112

But by far my best game. Oddly started with two terrible drains, about 50 million to start ball 3.

book2 (resized).jpgbook2 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Blaine, WASHINGTON
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 17.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.00
Apparel - Unisex
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

There are 17,880 posts in this topic. You are on page 354 of 358.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1/page/354?hl=bigguybbr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.