IMG_6410 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2562 (resized).jpg
IMG_2578 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2574 (resized).jpeg
20240322_163542 (resized).jpg
20240322_163631 (resized).jpg
20240319_194137 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,880 posts in this topic. You are on page 353 of 358.
#17601 81 days ago

There's also a DIAG under RUSH called topper motor test. There are 4 switches in the radio dial associated to each of the 4 prizes. As you click the test, the motor will rotate clockwise to the selected switch/award. As the dial spins, as it passes each switch, the related switch number will illuminate on the lcd display.
Switch 100 = Extra Ball
Switch 101 = Advance Time Machine
Switch 102 = Frenzy
Switch 103 = Millions

All of my switches register properly. That being said, I just played a game and the award was advance time machine but the needle was on Frenzy (the next quadrant past). It seems I should adjust something. What delay? The other problem is how to immediately test the dial without having to play a game? Should I write Stern support? Ok, I did write them...

Topper calibration? I earned advance time machine but dial pointer shows Frenzy. I see Rush adj #105-108 allow adding a ms delay for each of the 4 awards, but how do I set that? The motor test seems to light the proper switch as it rotates 100= Extra Ball, 101=Advance Time Machine, 102=Frenzy, 103=Millions. Is this correct? If I were to play with an adjustment #105-#108, how could I test the result without having to play many games and hoping for each award? Thank you!
20240127_143157 (resized).jpg20240127_143157 (resized).jpg20240127_143212 (resized).jpg20240127_143212 (resized).jpg

#17602 80 days ago

Had one of those one last game before bed the other night…. Ended up lasting an hour.

Completed both books, but only got to 2011 . Drained while trying to get those last album combos.

IMG_8256 (resized).jpegIMG_8256 (resized).jpegIMG_8257 (resized).jpegIMG_8257 (resized).jpegIMG_8258 (resized).jpegIMG_8258 (resized).jpeg
#17603 80 days ago
Quoted from CrashJT:

There's also a DIAG under RUSH called topper motor test. There are 4 switches in the radio dial associated to each of the 4 prizes. As you click the test, the motor will rotate clockwise to the selected switch/award. As the dial spins, as it passes each switch, the related switch number will illuminate on the lcd display.
Switch 100 = Extra Ball
Switch 102 = Frenzy
Switch 103 = Millions
All of my switches register properly. That being said, I just played a game and the award was advance time machine but the needle was on Frenzy (the next quadrant past). It seems I should adjust something. What delay? The other problem is how to immediately test the dial without having to play a game? Should I write Stern support? Ok, I did write them...
Topper calibration? I earned advance time machine but dial pointer shows Frenzy. I see Rush adj #105-108 allow adding a ms delay for each of the 4 awards, but how do I set that? The motor test seems to light the proper switch as it rotates 100= Extra Ball, 101=Advance Time Machine, 102=Frenzy, 103=Millions. Is this correct? If I were to play with an adjustment #105-#108, how could I test the result without having to play many games and hoping for each award? Thank you!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Let us know what you discover!

#17604 80 days ago
Quoted from Ceckitti:

Had one of those one last game before bed the other night…. Ended up lasting an hour.
Completed both books, but only got to 2011 . Drained while trying to get those last album combos.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

It's often those one last game games! 11B? I can't fathom that. I can rarely approach 1 B (have surpassed it a few times). Not sure how you are only at 2011 though. Baffling on both sides. Lol.

#17605 80 days ago

Are there instructions regarding the topper adjustments? I didn't know they existed, but if they actually can determine where the needle is, some guidance would be cool. I don't want to just go in guessing numbers for them.

#17606 80 days ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Are there instructions regarding the topper adjustments? I didn't know they existed, but if they actually can determine where the needle is, some guidance would be cool. I don't want to just go in guessing numbers for them.

I played with the delay settings today. See CrashJT's excellent post above for how to access the settings. I toggled back and forth between adjustments 105-108 and the Rush topper diagnostics. I found that delays of anywhere between 100 ms and 500 ms worked in terms of getting the arrows lined up on the middle of each award on the topper, but that's just my machine. Each award on the topper took different delays in order to get the pointer to stop in the middle of each one. It might take a lot more delay, depending on where your pointer sits at rest. In terms of getting the pointer to land on the correct award during gameplay, I haven't had the chance to test that out yet.

#17607 79 days ago
Quoted from Ceckitti:

Completed both books, but only got to 2011 . Drained while trying to get those last album combos.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Jeeeez. Makes my 2.5 bil today look like chicken scratch

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#17608 79 days ago
Quoted from CrashJT:It's often those one last game games! 11B? I can't fathom that. I can rarely approach 1 B (have surpassed it a few times). Not sure how you are only at 2011 though. Baffling on both sides. Lol.

Doesn’t the game start at year 2012? Maybe he played so well that the Time Machine went backwards!

#17609 79 days ago

RUSH TOPPER - my RUSH topper quit working . Belt had come off due to small allen screw loosening up and causing pulley wheel to fall off . See pics . Not too hard to take back cover off to access it .

IMG_7010 (resized).jpegIMG_7010 (resized).jpegIMG_7011 (resized).jpegIMG_7011 (resized).jpegIMG_7012 (resized).jpegIMG_7012 (resized).jpegIMG_7013 (resized).jpegIMG_7013 (resized).jpegIMG_7014 (resized).jpegIMG_7014 (resized).jpegIMG_7015 (resized).jpegIMG_7015 (resized).jpeg
#17610 79 days ago
Quoted from Pinballer31520:

RUSH TOPPER - my RUSH topper quit working . Belt had come off due to small allen screw loosening up and causing pulley wheel to fall off . See pics . Not too hard to take back cover off to access it .
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Still will not work . Motor bad or belt slipping . More troubleshooting needed

#17611 78 days ago

RUSH TOPPER - my RUSH topper quit working . Belt had come off due to small allen screw loosening up and causing pulley wheel to fall off . See pics .

Tell me that "belt" isn't just a playfield rubber. That would be hard to believe.

#17612 78 days ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

Tell me that "belt" isn't just a playfield rubber. That would be hard to believe.

That would be par for the course with Stern. This topper is nothing more than a expensive light box with moving gears that don’t do much. Stern could have done so much better!

#17613 78 days ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

Would you prefer they use the timing chain from a '92 Honda Civic?

#17614 78 days ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

Looks like a silicone belt to me. Similar to what is in the Fish Tales reel mech. Stern uses black playfield rubber, so not a rubber ring.

#17615 78 days ago

We use polycord in robots all the time. Looks a like it https://superiorbands.com/material-handling/polycord/

Even if it were just playfield rubbers though, it only needs a small amount of torque to spin the mech, so playfield rubbers would likely work just fine.

#17616 78 days ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Looks like a silicone belt to me. Similar to what is in the Fish Tales reel mech. Stern uses black playfield rubber, so not a rubber ring.

This was exactly my thought... I saw those images and immediately thought Fish Tales.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#17617 78 days ago

Still will not work . Motor bad or belt slipping . More troubleshooting needed

So is the motor turning or not? That would determine where to go next. If it's not spinning, it's possible that when the pulley fell off it fell onto one of the boards and shorted it out. A friend's R2-D2 topper never worked from the factory. It was discovered after sitting for a few years. Turned out that the leads on the motor were not insulated, assembled touching the metal brackets and it shorted immediately, taking out the driver board.

#17618 77 days ago

Okay, I think this forum may have set a record. I don't think I've ever seen this many posts about getting a topper to work correctly.

#17619 77 days ago

Rush fans are the best. Peer-ee-uhd.

#17620 77 days ago
Quoted from Photopin:

Okay, I think this forum may have set a record. I don't think I've ever seen this many posts about getting a topper to work correctly.

Over the last two years, there's been 360 mentions of "expression lighting". Super cool if you want to talk about all things expression lighting, over and over and over. If you're not? It makes you want to stop following a group for awhile and just check in on occasion due to the saturation.

#17621 77 days ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

Over the last two years, there's been 360 mentions of "expression lighting". Super cool if you want to talk about all things expression lighting, over and over and over. If you're not? It makes you want to stop following a group for awhile and just check in on occasion due to the saturation.

Good point. Yet the expression lighting is a major enhancement whereas the topper seems to be a major disappointment... from what I've been reading.

#17622 77 days ago

My Diverter coil is very "Sticky" - It gets stuck and does not fully actuate about 1/4 of the time. When manually pushing the metal into the coil the movement is rough and gets stuck if the angle of push is even slightly wrong. Before I replace the whole coil, is there any solution to this? Coil lube, a good cleaning?

#17623 77 days ago
Quoted from Rexdeanrds:

My Diverter coil is very "Sticky" - It gets stuck and does not fully actuate about 1/4 of the time. When manually pushing the metal into the coil the movement is rough and gets stuck if the angle of push is even slightly wrong. Before I replace the whole coil, is there any solution to this? Coil lube, a good cleaning?

Coil sleeve could be the culprit. Or the stop. Definitely no lubrication. Could also have gotten loose and misaligned.

#17624 77 days ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

Quoted from zebpin61:

Good point. Yet the expression lighting is a major enhancement whereas the topper seems to be a major disappointment... from what I've been reading.

ELs are just awesome on any compatible pin and not crazy expensive. If the topper was $1000 fine but $1700 was a bit much. I was expecting more function out of it.

Quoted from Photopin:

I still can't figure it out, no clue. It shouldn't be this hard.

#17625 76 days ago

My topper isn’t working either when I wiggle the orange Arm it will turn a little but it’s not working correctly seems like it’s binding some where

#17626 75 days ago
Quoted from zebpin61:

it seems like every online store has stock of toppers.. and I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that anyone who wants a topper at 1700 bucks has already sprung for it. Hoping there will be some market adjustments coming and I'll be in on a topper at around a grand myself

#17627 75 days ago
Quoted from orangedude71:it seems like every online store has stock of toppers.. and I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that anyone who wants a topper at 1700 bucks has already sprung for it. Hoping there will be some market adjustments coming and I'll be in on a topper at around a grand myself

Wishful thinking.
Wouldn't surprise me if orders are drop shipped from Stern.

#17628 75 days ago
Quoted from orangedude71:

Hoping there will be some market adjustments coming and I'll be in on a topper at around a grand myself

It may drop to $1599 on sale from distros, but it’ll be just like the Mando topper that is still available everywhere and still expensive. Your only chance at a discount topper will be from someone who sold their machine and the buyer didn’t want the topper, and is now trying to sell it on. Even then it probably won’t be 1k. No one wants to sell that badly when they could just sit on it longer. They don’t take up much space.

#17629 75 days ago
Quoted from orangedude71:

it seems like every online store has stock of toppers.. and I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that anyone who wants a topper at 1700 bucks has already sprung for it. Hoping there will be some market adjustments coming and I'll be in on a topper at around a grand myself

They will probably sit in inventory for the foreseeable future wherever they are. It doesn't sound like Rush will get a final run in 2024 which is the last year of the license for Stern.

In my eyes Stern made a game I never dreamed would ever get made. I will never sell my Rush or my topper so I don't care that much.

#17630 75 days ago

I've got an extra rush topper (I hedged my bets and ordered from 2 distributors) and then forgot to cancel the 2nd order. if anyone is interested, pm me for a price.
obviously, it would be easier if the buyer was local to the metro detroit area, but I would be willing to over box and ship it.

#17631 75 days ago

I think back to my initial thoughts on the Rush reveal, my first few times playing it, and now owning one, am wondering why I doubted it from the start. I love that topper.

#17632 74 days ago
Quoted from Groo:

I think back to my initial thoughts on the Rush reveal, my first few times playing it, and now owning one, am wondering why I doubted it from the start. I love that topper.

Similar sentiments. Favoriite band like most of you... Once I knew there was a Rush pin in existance (I wasnt shopping or looking), I put it on my list to go play a pro on location, it was in rough shape, sound very low, room noisy, out of level and ragged out... played like crap.
I walked out thinking I saved 7k. One month or two later I was at our Music City Pinball distro's upscale arcade (game terminal) and they had a pro on the floor, it was off peak hours, and pin volume was turned up. I dumped 50 bucks of tokens in it and was hooked. I played for almost an hour and not long after I started researching which model to get, and where to get it. All three models are bad-ass but the pro made the most sense for me since I knew I would mod it up. I love playing my pro and I love that topper, and modded it up, pinwoofer, the expression lights, and the NinjaCamp Expressive lights for the topper, back box and undercabinet plus many other extras. Its fantabulous to play!

Quoted from kool1:

It doesn't sound like Rush will get a final run in 2024 which is the last year of the license for Stern.

What is interesting to me about this is that they were GONE for a good while NIB. Then the distro I bought mine from (GAP) who was out of stock forever, just not long ago listed PRO available again...and also Premium (LAST ONE) and the premium says out of stock now, but the PRO is still listed as available NIB on his website as well as here on Pinside. Also Midwest Gaming has it listed NIB on Pinside so there has been small surge of Pro availability for months now.
I wonder if Stern is still making Pros for select dealers because no node1 stepper motors issue and just keeping it low PROfile. dunno.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#17633 72 days ago
Quoted from Vespula:

What is interesting to me about this is that they were GONE for a good while NIB. Then the distro I bought mine from (GAP) who was out of stock forever, just not long ago listed PRO available again...and also Premium (LAST ONE) and the premium says out of stock now, but the PRO is still listed as available NIB on his website as well as here on Pinside. Also Midwest Gaming has it listed NIB on Pinside so there has been small surge of Pro availability for months now.
I wonder if Stern is still making Pros for select dealers because no node1 stepper motors issue and just keeping it low PROfile. dunno.

No more made since 2022 but Stern may have had some stock that was re-allocated from one dealer to yours.

#17634 67 days ago

Anyone else here surprised to see that the Godzilla topper ranked higher in the TWIPYs than Rush? They are both overpriced for sure, but Rush at least has some interaction with the game. These two shouldn’t have been anywhere close to each other in my opinion. I think it’s just another indication how Rush in general is always under appreciated.

I did buy a Rush topper and I’m still mad at myself for paying that much, but I’m also mostly glad I got it.

#17635 67 days ago
Quoted from CrashJT:

Switch 100 = Extra Ball
Switch 102 = Frenzy
Switch 103 = Millions
[quoted image][quoted image]

I talked to Adam today at Stern support about the topper arrow and the tests. He had to talk with the developer. What he found is this. The topper has the lights and the arrow. The arrow switches in the switch test allow it to stop in the areas as described in the quoted post. If your arrow stops in those places, the hardware is working. When they programed the Mystery Award, they decided to use the lights to indicate the award. The arrow spins whenever the gears spin and stops where it stops. The arrow is programed separately to indicate the RUSH stand up targets (I believe during Bastille Day Hurry Up). If you hit the 'R' the arrow moves to the top left 10 O'Clock (extra ball) position. If you hit 'U' the arrow moves to the 2 O'Clock (millions) position, if you hit the 'S' it moves to the 4 O'Clock (advance tm) position, and hitting 'H' points it to the 8 O'Clock (Frenzy) position.
Thank you Adam for your help!

#17636 67 days ago
Quoted from CrashJT:

I talked to Adam today at Stern support about the topper arrow and the tests. He had to talk with the developer. What he found is this. The topper has the lights and the arrow. The arrow switches in the switch test allow it to stop in the areas as described in the quoted post. If your arrow stops in those places, the hardware is working. When they programed the Mystery Award, they decided to use the lights to indicate the award. The arrow spins whenever the gears spin and stops where it stops. The arrow is programed separately to indicate the RUSH stand up targets (I believe during Bastille Day Hurry Up). If you hit the 'R' the arrow moves to the top left 10 O'Clock (extra ball) position. If you hit 'U' the arrow moves to the 2 O'Clock (millions) position, if you hit the 'S' it moves to the 4 O'Clock (advance tm) position, and hitting 'H' points it to the 8 O'Clock (Frenzy) position.
Thank you Adam for your help!

It's late, but if I'm reading that correctly, Adam told you the arrow does nothing useful using lots of words.

#17637 67 days ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Coil sleeve could be the culprit. Or the stop. Definitely no lubrication. Could also have gotten loose and misaligned.

Cleaned the coil and coil sleeve with some naphtha and re-seated the coil support and it's working super solid now.

#17638 67 days ago

So I currently have both a Premium and NIB LE, I promised to a guy (great dude) who I bought the premium from he can buy the LE from me. I am loving this pin as a bolt to the floor game. Is this expression lighting a game changer? I am kinda hoping I get to keep the LE, just for the lighting. My premium has a shaker and Invisa.

Thoughts?

#17639 67 days ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

So I currently have both a Premium and NIB LE, I promised to a guy (great dude) who I bought the premium from he can buy the LE from me. I am loving this pin as a bolt to the floor game. Is this expression lighting a game changer? I am kinda hoping I get to keep the LE, just for the lighting. My premium has a shaker and Invisa.
Thoughts?

Expression lighting is a game changer... search this thread to see the many excited declarations to this effect. Enjoy.

#17640 67 days ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Is this expression lighting a game changer?

Based on comments, 90% here will say yes. I'm a no. Cool? Yes. Worth the money? No. But if you're an LE customer, we may value things differently.

#17641 67 days ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

Based on comments, 90% here will say yes. I'm a no. Cool? Yes. Worth the money? No. But if you're an LE customer, we may value things differently.

I use to be until Elvira 40th still feeling the burn so dropping back to a simple premium guy when I can.

#17642 67 days ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Thoughts?

It might be true to say No one has ever regretted buying EL on RUSH. They visually enhance the game and sync with the music so well. Arguably the best Stern implementation of EL to theme, but I'm biased, and it's got to be in the top 3 for sure. Never seen any owners club go ga-ga more over the EL integration than on this pin.
That said..
I wouldn't spend thousands more for an LE just for EL, which is what I think you said your thought process was, but I would take $500 of the money post-sale and buy the EL for a premium that I had been playing, added any mods or fixes, and confirm to have no node 10 problems.
If your LE is NIB .... Well, need I say more?
Fingers crossed.
Keep your premium, get EL after the sale.

#17643 67 days ago

Game changer. Definitely

I wouldn’t recommend them for just any pin, or most pins (ie FF likely not gonna get it)
But for RUSH, 100% ELs worth it

Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Is this expression lighting a game changer?
Thoughts?

#17644 67 days ago
Quoted from Vespula:

It might be true to say No one has ever regretted buying EL on RUSH. They visually enhance the game and sync with the music so well. Arguably the best Stern implementation of EL to theme, but I'm biased, and it's got to be in the top 3 for sure. Never seen any owners club go ga-ga more over the EL integration than on this pin.
That said..
I wouldn't spend thousands more for an LE just for EL, which is what I think you said your thought process was, but I would take $500 of the money post-sale and buy the EL for a premium that I had been playing, added any mods or fixes, and confirm to have no node 10 problems.
If your LE is NIB .... Well, need I say more?
Fingers crossed.
Keep your premium, get EL after the sale.

Thanks and I know it may not be popular on this thread but to date I have not played a music pin that compares to G&R I mean I don't like their music but that pin and its light shows are magical. Hair up on neck stuff. I love Rush as a band, I forgot how much I liked them. And this Rush game is titties in my face kinda good now!!!

#17645 67 days ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Thanks and I know it may not be popular on this thread but to date I have not played a music pin that compares to G&R I mean I don't like their music but that pin and its light shows are magical. Hair up on neck stuff. I love Rush as a band, I forgot how much I liked them. And this Rush game is titties in my face kinda good now!!!

You just named my two pins. EL is very well done on Rush.... That being said, I agree with you... Rush is my band and the pin has made me a better player and what better music to play pinball..... but since you're making unpopular comments , I will too. ... GNR is a masterpiece.

#17646 67 days ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

Has anyone found an effective way to make the "diversion" from the right ramp to the right flipper better? On my game, it gets hung up every time on the diverter and greatly slows the ball down.

Same issue here since day one, now more than a year ago. Browsing through this topic, it seems a lot of people have this problem.
Finally I decided to make an new 3d printed diverter. Since I'm rather new to 3d modelling, it took me some time and test-prints

Here's the draft printed 'final result'. It works perfectly !
Basically, I recreated the diverter but reworked the top half
more info on that later (already 10pm here)

gr

rush_diverter (resized).pngrush_diverter (resized).png
#17647 66 days ago
Quoted from Bos007:

Same issue here since day one, now more than a year ago. Browsing through this topic, it seems a lot of people have this problem.
Finally I decided to make an new 3d printed diverter. Since I'm rather new to 3d modelling, it took me some time and test-prints
gr[quoted image]

I see you added some extra curve to it. It that an attempt to keep the ball speed up?

#17648 66 days ago
Quoted from Bos007:

gr[quoted image]

Oh this is very interesting!

#17649 66 days ago

NIB shooter rod. $130 shipped

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#17650 66 days ago

this was the problem with the diverter on my game :
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1V83Xf1EsuEjyJWwkqGh_e694CWG0L2iO/view?usp=sharing

this is a video of a possible fix :
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ebk_UOluZaNYCN2Nhn79DRkYLWeh4FBt/view?usp=sharing

rush_diverter-v1_vs_v2 (resized).pngrush_diverter-v1_vs_v2 (resized).png
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 35.00
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

$ 194.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Pyramid Pinball & Arcade

$ 27.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

$ 35.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

$ 42.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Blaine, WASHINGTON
$ 210.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

10,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tatamy, PA
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 17,880 posts in this topic. You are on page 353 of 358.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1/page/353?hl=bigguybbr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.