IMG_6410 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2562 (resized).jpg
IMG_2578 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2574 (resized).jpeg
20240322_163542 (resized).jpg
20240322_163631 (resized).jpg
20240319_194137 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,884 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 358.
#1601 2 years ago

I’m gonna try this out, thanks. Out of the box this is by far the worst sounding Stern pin I’ve ever owned. I attempted to play with attenuation settings but it hardly made any change. I’ve had guests at our location tell me it sounds like it’s underwater. Also, our scoops look like they’ve been chewed on within 20 plays. Front scoop is so badly destroyed you can’t get a ball through it. I’ve bent it back like 15 times now. Just tonight I had to retrieve four balls from it and rebend. I’d pull it out completely but the playfield looks F’d up underneath too.

Quoted from Craziestsinge:

With regards to the complaints about sound quality, I noticed that the default setting is a "10 Khz" filter (or something to that nature) that seems to muffle and tone-down the music and sound effects. If you remove the filter in settings, the music and sound effects all of a sudden come through much clearer. Not sure if this was the correct way to go to improve the sound, but I am liking the results.

#1602 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I’m gonna try this out, thanks. Out of the box this is by far the worst sounding Stern pin I’ve ever owned. I attempted to play with attenuation settings but it hardly made any change. I’ve had guests at our location tell me it sounds like it’s underwater. Also, our scoops look like they’ve been chewed on within 20 plays. Front scoop is so badly destroyed you can’t get a ball through it. I’ve bent it back like 15 times now. Just tonight I had to retrieve four balls from it and rebend. I’d pull it out completely but the playfield looks F’d up underneath too.

Wow. Sucks to be you.
Anyhow here's Wonderwall

#1603 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Wow. Sucks to be you.
Anyhow here's Wonderwall

RIP Riley. Such a great album.

#1604 2 years ago

Fudgggge

#1605 2 years ago
Quoted from aamauzy:

❤️

#1606 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Wow. Sucks to be you.
Anyhow here's Wonderwall

Quoted from aamauzy:

♥️♥️

#1607 2 years ago

Would certainly be better if it were a Power Trip pin, that’s for sure. Luckily this is just a location game. Just peeved by the headaches brought on by low quality parts.

Quoted from Gryszzz:

Wow. Sucks to be you.
Anyhow here's Wonderwall

#1608 2 years ago

I know there are a lot of threads about waxing pinball machines. I was wondering if anyone here has experience with this wax? Would like to use it on my Rush as soon as I get to play a few more games. Thank you

6E2C7AE3-0791-4084-ACDC-02CEC0ECC821 (resized).jpeg6E2C7AE3-0791-4084-ACDC-02CEC0ECC821 (resized).jpeg
#1609 2 years ago
Quoted from jpc211245:

I know there are a lot of threads about waxing pinball machines. I was wondering if anyone here has experience with this wax? Would like to use it on my Rush as soon as I get to play a few more games. Thank you [quoted image]

Boo. Have to deal with hazed up residue that you wipe off before polishing, which I hate in a pinball machine playfield. End up with hazy wax crap in your star post bases, etc. P21S has spoiled me.

#1610 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Boo. Have to deal with hazed up residue that you wipe off before polishing, which I hate in a pinball machine playfield. End up with hazy wax crap in your star post bases, etc. P21S has spoiled me.

Thank you, Is this your preference for wax?

966E8771-7E3D-483B-AA54-A23CB863E462 (resized).jpeg966E8771-7E3D-483B-AA54-A23CB863E462 (resized).jpeg
#1611 2 years ago
Quoted from jpc211245:

Thank you, Is this your preference for wax?
[quoted image]

Yeah, that's the stuff I use. Wipe on, wipe off, buff with a lambswool attachment on a cordless drill. Then curse your poor skills playing pinball on glass for the next 20-30 games until it calms down.

I used this on route games for years and it kept the playfields immaculate.

#1612 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah, that's the stuff I use. Wipe on, wipe off, buff with a lambswool attachment on a cordless drill. Then curse your poor skills playing pinball on glass for the next 20-30 games until it calms down.
I used this on route games for years and it kept the playfields immaculate.

Do you actually use a buffer or just hand buff? I’ve always been afraid to use an attachment but that sounds like a good idea!

#1613 2 years ago
Quoted from jid:

Do you actually use a buffer or just hand buff? I’ve always been afraid to use an attachment but that sounds like a good idea!

When you have a day's worth of machines to buff on a route, hand buffing will not do. I helped on a route for years and this is what I used. With the attachment (a small one - like 3" diameter, not a big one) I could get it nice and shiny in a minute or maybe two and on to the next machine. Just make sure it's a soft lambswool pad, nothing abrasive, and don't press down. You just want it to glide over the playfield while it's turning rapidly. P21S wipe on, shop cloth wipe off the excess, buff with lambswool, final wipe with clean shopcloth.

Not an endorsement of these specific one (I bought mine long ago), but to give you an idea:
Pads with velcro backing
https://www.amazon.com/Antrader-Woolen-Buffer-Velcro-Polishing/dp/B07BFV5CSK

Backing plate to use with drill that the buffing pads hook to:
https://www.amazon.com/Dual-Action-Fastener-Flexible-Backing-Polishing/dp/B08B88X495

#1614 2 years ago

Has anyone paid higher than MSRP from a distributor for Pro's or Premiums? Just trying to get my funds lined out for a Pro and I'm curious what to expect (ie: what my save goal should be).

#1615 2 years ago

Who agrees, this metal plate needs a decal? How about “Enter Xanadu”?

93A2AC1B-354B-4FD2-83E3-36AB9EA1DA74 (resized).jpeg93A2AC1B-354B-4FD2-83E3-36AB9EA1DA74 (resized).jpeg
#1616 2 years ago
Quoted from VDrums2112:

Has anyone paid higher than MSRP from a distributor for Pro's or Premiums? Just trying to get my funds lined out for a Pro and I'm curious what to expect (ie: what my save goal should be).

Should be just MSRP on pro/premium. I have seen delivery included in a higher price though.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1617 2 years ago
Quoted from kool1:

Should be just MSRP on pro/premium. I have seen delivery included in a higher price though.

Quoted from VDrums2112:

Plenty of dealers selling at MSRP. It is the LEs that are unobtanium. Unless you look in the classifieds!

Speaking of Pros, what did Stern say (if anything) about what they are doing with the pros that got the art with the extra strings on the bass? Anything or it is just going to be rare/collectible?

#1618 2 years ago

my LE just arrived at the distributor's this morning. I just need to coordinate a time to pick it up.
(of course, that's really not an issue since it will undoubtedly sit unboxed until a proper solution is made available for the scoops.

is it just me or are those "forks" a bad idea? they seem like just another pair of hard objects to create nicks/scratches in the pinballs and subsequently damage the playfield quicker. fingers crossed that mr. renear & mr. stair will produce and offer up solid forms of protection for the scoops.

#1619 2 years ago
Quoted from VDrums2112:

I won’t do it…there are plenty of distributors out there that will sell Pros and Premiums at MSRP. LE’s are another story, just means I’ll live without one.

#1620 2 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

is it just me or are those "forks" a bad idea? they seem like just another pair of hard objects to create nicks/scratches in the pinb

It seems like it - but so far the ball just kinda glides over them, even from the sides. I still would like to see a better solution…but nothing is getting ripped up on the forks.

#1621 2 years ago

thought i'd share the shirt design for the Rush launch party at AYCE GOGI this weekend

274340266_5075155382540617_3360736761697481982_n (resized).jpg274340266_5075155382540617_3360736761697481982_n (resized).jpg
#1622 2 years ago
Quoted from McIntyre905:

I heard some people say it's good to wax NIB games before you play them?

Waxing is a waste of time on modern games (since the early 90’s). The factory clearcoat should help protect the playfield better than wax. You will need to keep the playfield, balls, rubber rings, etc, clean with regular cleaning with a cleaner like Novus 1 and/or 2 for the playfield. You can use lighter fluid or Naphtha to clean the rubber rings and glass cleaner on the balls and glass. From the factory, the balls may be packed with a protective oil coating that needs to be cleaned off before use.

#1623 2 years ago

Regarding the scoop:

The new scoop protector went out on LEs. I would reasonably assume that it would go out on all games moving forward. Shipping to the original pro owners may simply be a matter of supply.

The new solution is not perfect, as the “forks” affect the ball going into the scoop. It does appear to be holding up to my minimal home use.

#1624 2 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

Regarding the scoop:
The new scoop protector went out on LEs. I would reasonably assume that it would go out on all games moving forward. Shipping to the original pro owners may simply be a matter of supply.
The new solution is not perfect, as the “forks” affect the ball going into the scoop. It does appear to be holding up to my minimal home use.

This isn't the final fix. This was a band aid while the final fix is being finished.

#1625 2 years ago

The stars have aligned. We got this machine for my stepdad for his bday gift. Looks like his LE is arriving tomorrow on his birthday!

#1626 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

This isn't the final fix. This was a band aid while the final fix is being finished.

Yes this is absolutely accurate. I am told they are “close” to having another fix. Hopefully this is the final fix for the scoop.

#1627 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Toronto distro told me the same thing - they are almost finished testing the replacement protector.

Quoted from SonOfaDiddly:

thought i'd share the shirt design for the Rush launch party at AYCE GOGI this weekend[quoted image]

I want one!

#1628 2 years ago

So when this final scoop fix is installed, do we box up the current LE and send the whole machine back to Stern? What a headache.

#1629 2 years ago

Does Stern plan to address the sound issues with this particular machine? Seriously, was the Quality Control team on vacation when they put this pin out?

#1630 2 years ago
Quoted from gandamack:

So when this final scoop fix is installed, do we box up the current LE and send the whole machine back to Stern? What a headache.

It's not difficult to do, sure, we shouldn't have to, but previous removals of scoops is really 15-20 minute job

#1631 2 years ago
Quoted from gandamack:

Does Stern plan to address the sound issues with this particular machine? Seriously, was the Quality Control team on vacation when they put this pin out?

Try disabling the sound "Filter" in settings. I'm sorry I don't remember off hand what the name of the filter is. Once the filter is disabled, the music and SFX seem to come through louder and clearer.

#1632 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

It's not difficult to do, sure, we shouldn't have to, but previous removals of scoops is really 15-20 minute job

So, you think they will send us some type of DIY scoop kit?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1633 2 years ago
Quoted from Craziestsinge:

ry disabling the sound "Filter" in settings. I'm sorry I don't remember off hand what the name of the filter is. Once the filter is disabled, the music and SFX seem to come through louder and clearer.

Roger that.

#1634 2 years ago
Quoted from gandamack:

Yep. You'll remove the plastics above the scoop, remove the old protector and replace it with a new one. It'll be like any other "fix" any pinball manufacturer sends out.

#1635 2 years ago
Quoted from gandamack:

Quoted from schudel5:

Yep. You'll remove the plastics above the scoop, remove the old protector and replace it with a new one. It'll be like any other "fix" any pinball manufacturer sends out.

While it is annoying to have to do this kind of thing and Stern should have had it right from the beginning, it really is a fundamental part of owning a pinball machine.

#1636 2 years ago
Quoted from gandamack:

Quoted from schudel5:

Correct. Also keep in mind that ALL protectors (be it Stern OEM, Mantis, or Cliffy) will never be 100% in stopping all wear, they just slow it down to an acceptable rate or by becoming the wear item themselves that over time may need to be replaced. Also keep in mind that sometimes the best protection might be a combo of some or all of them, as they may address problem points slightly differently.

#1637 2 years ago

External Sub Woofer ? REALLY worth it ???

#1638 2 years ago
Quoted from ccw2112:

External Sub Woofer ? REALLY worth it ???

Yes - 1000%

#1639 2 years ago
Quoted from gandamack:

Other than the quality of the scoop protector, there have been zero quality issues with my Rush pin.

I am very happy with everything else - pin absolutely rocks!

#1640 2 years ago

Got my new LE over weekend and got few games in. Last night got a "quick" game in. Played for what seemed like forever. Still learning the rules and tips but got up to 878k. Had all lights off and volume up. Really easy to get into the game with the flow etc. With the scoop locks at one point I thought MB was over and then 4 balls were ejected.

Anyway at the end of the game all the side lights go dim and some basic white play field lights came on when I was putting initials in. After being sucked so far into the game, music and lights. When they went off and the generic white lights on playfield came on it really reminded me how the lights come on AFTER a concert/encore. Felt like the concert was over. IT was a cool feeling. Maybe I was too into it but that is a good thing.

Would love for them to add in few white side lights during this to really give the feeling that the house lights just came on.

Only played a few games and need to adjust the pitch. Love it so far.

Also the new scoop has held up so far but we will see.

#1641 2 years ago
Quoted from SonOfaDiddly:

thought i'd share the shirt design for the Rush launch party at AYCE GOGI this weekend[quoted image]

That looks awesome. Are these available to order?

#1642 2 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

That looks awesome. Are these available to order?

not really, but you can always come play

it's not my design, but they do get rad designs at AYCE

#1643 2 years ago

Man....
Was hoping to have an unboxing party this weekend but they can't get it to me till next Mon. First world problems..
Just hoping it arrives intact lol

#1644 2 years ago

I've had a couple of missed calls from "private" numbers...hoping theyre not delivery scheduling attempts. Not getting voicemail or any other follow up though.

#1645 2 years ago
Quoted from pindoc1:

Waxing is a waste of time on modern games (since the early 90’s). The factory clearcoat should help protect the playfield better than wax.

okaaaay.gifokaaaay.gif
#1646 2 years ago
Quoted from kool1:

Other than the quality of the scoop protector, there have been zero quality issues with my Rush pin.
I am very happy with everything else - pin absolutely rocks!

yup, id say the least issues with any other pin they have produced in the last 6-8 yrs

#1647 2 years ago

Pinball Hall Of Fame in Vegas has a Pro featured front and center when you walk in. Unfortunately, the scoop looks beat to hell like some of their oldest games in the house!

rushpin (resized).jpgrushpin (resized).jpg
#1648 2 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

yup, id say the least issues with any other pin they have produced in the last 6-8 yrs

My LE has had quite a few issues

#1649 2 years ago

#980 in the house...

Side scoop eject power lowered
Trough eject power lowered
Mylar in shooter lane
Play while I (we) wait for Cliffy

IMG_3543 (resized).jpegIMG_3543 (resized).jpegIMG_3544 (resized).jpegIMG_3544 (resized).jpeg
#1650 2 years ago
Quoted from jonboy71:

Pinball Hall Of Fame in Vegas has a Pro featured front and center when you walk in. [quoted image]

That's so awesome!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.00
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

6,799 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sellersburg, IN
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 210.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

There are 17,884 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 358.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1/page/33?hl=konjurer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.