IMG_4991.jpeg
IMG_4987.jpeg
IMG_4990.jpeg
IMG_4986.jpeg
E71D06CA-8B5A-4D2A-8EEF-9630F8B283DC (resized).jpeg
F0D80942-3C46-45F1-9873-6B6D89C9A26D (resized).jpeg
IMG_5720 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,132 posts in this topic. You are on page 319 of 363.
#15901 11 months ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Dilemma:
Then I have to decide which pin to put it in and then 1 game would sound amazing and the other 5 will sound just “ok”. OCD would kick in and then a week later all my pins would have to have it and then I’m out $3,000!

Just a damn shame frugality, stubbornness, mental bondage and socalled "OCD" controls you resulting in inaction with CRAPPY stock sound and feeding a stranglehold of a dangerous all or nothing mentality. This is a nonsense argument fabricated for you and by you .. a false narrative that you're choosing and believing and completely having with yourself. It's this fact and not the crappy sound that concerns me the most, however. A symptom to a bigger issue.
No external force or person is forcing You to live in this self-imposed prison. Limiting beliefs like this are severely crippling, bleed into other areas of your life when unchecked, but can be broken once you explore what in your life is causing them. Just moving in the opposite direction based on things like logic and faith can be enough to move the needle and the sky is the limit.
Once you can acknowledge it you can move past.When you change your perspective, you change your life.
Somehow you managed to break through this behavior already and acquire six pinball machines. Whatever fortitude you possess for that should be familiar enough and that should give you confidence to shift and apply it to rewire your mental framework to reshape your perspective in this and then know you're giving yourself a gift that will positively affect all areas of your life... Forever. Dont ignore or just dismiss it. Tap into that. Use it for victory and the gifts that brings! OCD is a fun acronym to throw around jokingly but when you really believe it yourself, and it limits you, red flag! You've stumbled into a pit deeper than you expected. I want to give you a hand up, friend.
These are band pins and the sound is a huge part of the game. Open your eyes and try to see how you have locked on like a pitbull to weakness and submissiveness like this when mentally and financially you have achieved a collection of your quality yet just let yourself be beat by a force that is 100 percent self imposed and a psychological barrier that you have full control of?
Give your brain and OCD (Which honestly using the term OCD is an excuse/lie That is purposefully self-limiting in order to keep maintaining status quo in your current perspective} so reframe, in a perspective that will make a plan that let's you improve, own and really enjoy your impressive collection/investment, 1 PW every 6 months or something like that you can negotiate with yourself, in a satisfying plan that You can execute on which is going to be completely in your control, completely your timing and completely in an order of priority, starting with Rush as a first step. But the first step is critical to executive that muscle by starting your walk on the path to mental peace.
Take back what's always been yours! Get back in the driver seat of your life, make a plan and move the needle! Reframe. Again, it's worth repeating, when you change your perspective, you change your life.

#15902 11 months ago

Dang Dude,OMG.This must be sarcasm or Humor otherwise What.

#15903 11 months ago

It's different things to different people! Your perspective belongs to you. You get to decide.

#15904 11 months ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Just a damn shame frugality, stubbornness, mental bondage and socalled "OCD" controls you resulting in inaction with CRAPPY stock sound and feeding a stranglehold of a dangerous all or nothing mentality. This is a nonsense argument fabricated for you and by you .. a false narrative that you're choosing and believing and completely having with yourself. It's this fact and not the crappy sound that concerns me the most, however. A symptom to a bigger issue.
No external force or person is forcing You to live in this self-imposed prison. Limiting beliefs like this are severely crippling, bleed into other areas of your life when unchecked, but can be broken once you explore what in your life is causing them. Just moving in the opposite direction based on things like logic and faith can be enough to move the needle and the sky is the limit.
Once you can acknowledge it you can move past.When you change your perspective, you change your life.
Somehow you managed to break through this behavior already and acquire six pinball machines. Whatever fortitude you possess for that should be familiar enough and that should give you confidence to shift and apply it to rewire your mental framework to reshape your perspective in this and then know you're giving yourself a gift that will positively affect all areas of your life... Forever. Dont ignore or just dismiss it. Tap into that. Use it for victory and the gifts that brings! OCD is a fun acronym to throw around jokingly but when you really believe it yourself, and it limits you, red flag! You've stumbled into a pit deeper than you expected. I want to give you a hand up, friend.
These are band pins and the sound is a huge part of the game. Open your eyes and try to see how you have locked on like a pitbull to weakness and submissiveness like this when mentally and financially you have achieved a collection of your quality yet just let yourself be beat by a force that is 100 percent self imposed and a psychological barrier that you have full control of?
Give your brain and OCD (Which honestly using the term OCD is an excuse/lie That is purposefully self-limiting in order to keep maintaining status quo in your current perspective} so reframe, in a perspective that will make a plan that let's you improve, own and really enjoy your impressive collection/investment, 1 PW every 6 months or something like that you can negotiate with yourself, in a satisfying plan that You can execute on which is going to be completely in your control, completely your timing and completely in an order of priority, starting with Rush as a first step. But the first step is critical to executive that muscle by starting your walk on the path to mental peace.
Take back what's always been yours! Get back in the driver seat of your life, make a plan and move the needle! Reframe. Again, it's worth repeating, when you change your perspective, you change your life.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#15905 11 months ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Take back what's always been yours! Get back in the driver seat of your life, make a plan and move the needle! Reframe. Again, it's worth repeating, when you change your pers

Dood you took it off the deep end! I was using OCD in ‘pinball world jest’. I don’t truly suffer from it - my apologies for the miscommunication or if any takes offense by me using the term light heartedly.

As of now, I’m content w stock + 12” sub for each. I play and have a passion for all of my games and have no plans on selling them. If I have 1 game that sound way superior to all the others having pinwoofers, I’d want all of the games in my home up to that level. I would think any other home collector would want the same, no?!
So I’ve Never heard them in person - Don’t know what I am missing and I’m ok with it right now. So no prison for me - I’m content my man!

#15906 11 months ago

I tried. Blue pill is a choice too.

#15907 11 months ago
Quoted from Vespula:

I tried. Blue pill is a choice too.

#15908 11 months ago

If ya want send a set my way I’d be more than happy to pop them in! That would reduce my future expense down to $2,500 haha. I know how pinball works for me…let’s use speaker lights or toppers as an example in a home lineup… things just start looking unfinished if some have and some don’t! I take pride in my collection!

#15909 11 months ago
Quoted from Vespula:

50023742-ec49-429d-b04b-8c53b35e0435_text.gif50023742-ec49-429d-b04b-8c53b35e0435_text.gif
#15910 11 months ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

[quoted image]

#15911 11 months ago

Dang, the shilling is strong in here. Almost to Pinstadium levels. Lol.

#15912 11 months ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

If ya want send a set my way I’d be more than happy to pop them in! That would reduce my future expense down to $2,500 haha. I know how pinball works for me…let’s use speaker lights or toppers as an example in a home lineup… things just start looking unfinished if some have and some don’t! I take pride in my collection!

Ha, if I thought it would help I would but in good conscience I can't as that would create the imbalance you are trying to avoid and you would have learned nothing.

#15913 11 months ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Ha, if I thought it would help I would but in good conscience I can't as that would create the imbalance you are trying to avoid and you would have learned nothing.

Haha true! Above all I appreciate the concern for my well-being! Perhaps I’ll try a set down the road when money opens up.

Sincerely,
- Fellow pinball enthusiast and RUSH fan.

#15914 11 months ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Above all I appreciate the concern for my well-being!

You got it! Message received!
No shilling here.
I profit nothing except to satisfy the desire to help my "Fellow pinball enthusiast and RUSH fan."

#15915 11 months ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Never tried, but maybe I should have. Thought it may sound muddy. I wanted each to be independent for volume control. Perhaps overkill, but the Klipschs had some huge discounts going on in the past.

For what it's worth the $75 Pinnovators sub mixer let's you set level individually on all 5 inputs. I had used it with 3 pins at one point and it sounded fine to me although I'm not an audiophile. Not using it now since I'm down to just one pin.

#15916 11 months ago

I've searched the forum. Had a few ask about it with no responses. My lower pop bumper randomly fires. No rhyme or reason. Except maybe the flippers? But. Fires when ball just sitting in the shooter lane. With nothing going on. I would guess vibrations. But where and how?

#15917 11 months ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

We have 18 songs? Most music pins have 8 to 10, gnr has a ton, but you can't hear them without starting a song mode, which is stupid I think. Very happy with Rush, it and Metallica will never be sold.

I think that’s my main gripe with Foo. You only have about 8 songs to choose from, and all the good ones are tied to modes. But you do spend most of the game in modes, so I guess it’s not that bad.

#15918 11 months ago

#15919 11 months ago
Quoted from Adaminski:

This post is me venting...
I like Rush. The shots feel good, it has plenty to do, a variety of multiballs, a great soundtrack, and some good callouts. I know many of the rules, have completed all of the song modes multiple times, achieved victory mode on some of the multiballs, scored >1 billion in the last few weeks that my machine has been working again on the latest code, and scored 2.2 billion on earlier code.
But......
There is one solid chink, nay, a chunk, in it's armor, and that is La Villa Strangiato. I'm unsure how they did it, but this mode is simultaneously difficult, tedious, boring, and not fun. On top of that, if one gets far enough in the mode, the music gets boring. As in Spinal Tap "A Jazz Odyssey" boring. The whole mode is horrendous.
I groan out loud and prepare for a long trudge when I mistakenly start this song mode.
Difficult and exciting is OK. An example of that (IMO) is Working Man - takes a lot of shots to win, the helpful orange shots move around the playfield but are not ordered, and the final shot is the challenging left orbit through the pops. And the music helps keep your adrenaline going. Or maybe Escape From Boba Fett on Stern Star Wars - the lights are out except for the flashers, the mode is timed, the music makes your adrenaline rush, and there are only 6-ish shots.
We have a small collection at home, and I don't change out games frequently. I enjoy Rush and plan to keep it around for awhile. But it will eventually get switched out. And La Villa Strangiato would be the main reason.
Today I had a nice 700+ million game, but ball 3 drained while working on shot 11 of La Villa Strangiato. Sigh.
[quoted image]

I was away for a while. Wanted to chime in with food for thought. LVS mode is hard for medium level players as it's 14 shots. Totally agree. Another of my pins has a similar mode that is even worse... WOZ Fireball Frenzy points out shots that you need to make, but if you hit the wrong shot 4x the witch burns the scarecrow and you've lost the mode! At least you can "try" LVS and the music is good.

#15920 11 months ago

WTF has happened to this thread?

#15921 11 months ago
Quoted from Vespula:

You sold your premium?
Are you hunting for a LE? I see it in your wish list.

Ya, I miss it. But, the node board drama was driving me crazy.

#15922 11 months ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Buy pinwoofer!! Cmon , you can buy 1 set, you just need to do it.

The pinwoofer setup is a must have item. I put in Maiden and would not hesitate to put in a Rush machine if I were you. Besides, the owner of Pinwoofer is one of the good guys in this crazy hobby.

#15923 11 months ago
Quoted from Slogan1111:

I've searched the forum. Had a few ask about it with no responses. My lower pop bumper randomly fires. No rhyme or reason. Except maybe the flippers? But. Fires when ball just sitting in the shooter lane. With nothing going on. I would guess vibrations. But where and how?

Adjust the switch below the playfield, the blades are probably touching and need to have a wider gap. Lots of YouTube videos on how to adjust a pop bumper switch.

#15924 11 months ago

Thank you. Wasn't sure if it was switch driven or some type of opto. I'm new to tinkering with newer stern machines. Early ss machines, no problem.

#15925 11 months ago

Anyone with a pro add the illuminated clock mod? Wanted to know if you thought it was worth adding to the game. Thanks.

#15926 11 months ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

WTF has happened to this thread?

Drugs, or not enough of them

#15927 11 months ago
Quoted from Big_G:

Anyone with a pro add the illuminated clock mod? Wanted to know if you thought it was worth adding to the game. Thanks.

I would like to know this as well, I keep eyeballing it and am hesitant to pull the trigger.

#15928 11 months ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

I would like to know this as well, I keep eyeballing it and am hesitant to pull the trigger.

Same, $200 seems steep for what it does, or doesn’t do.

#15929 11 months ago
Quoted from Big_G:

I thought about it but I didn't love after looking at close up pictures it and honestly with the other mods I have added (Red Barchetta, Signals Dog/Hydrant, bass guitar, Presto Rabbit, Dice etc) I felt like my playfield was already pretty packed with toys.

I don't think it's functional with the game is it?

#15930 11 months ago
Quoted from kool1:

I thought about it but I didn't love after looking at close up pictures it and honestly with the other mods I have added (Red Barchetta, Signals Dog/Hydrant, bass guitar, Presto Rabbit, Dice etc) I felt like my playfield was already pretty packed with toys.
I don't think it's functional with the game is it?

Not with game play.
I passed on it and would have paid more for something that looked more polished like the pre/le... A resin cast version like Lior mods, and with individual lights for the hour and spinning hand... Tied into the same clock light is fine- it lights up and the hand spins in sync with the on/off illumination of the clock graphic located on the playfield below the pops. Here's his video

#15931 11 months ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Not with game play.
I passed on it and would have paid more for something that looked more polished like the pre/le... A resin cast version like Lior mods, and with individual lights for the hour and spinning hand... Tied into the same clock light is fine- it lights up and the hand spins in sync with the on/off illumination of the clock graphic located on the playfield below the pops. Here's his video

I agree - I would have paid more for something a little nicer

#15932 11 months ago

Node-10 not found “Again” This game is seriously flawed!! It has been the most problematic Stern I have ever owned with the most emails ever sent. I was one of the Original Owners with only 25-plays that had the Node-10 not found issue 1-1/2 years ago, After blowing multiple $200 Node-10 boards and countless hours inspecting every wire/connector, Stern finally sent a new Ramp Motor and Node-10, it has worked for 15 plays over the past 6-months, now last night I got the dreaded Node-10 not found and of course the ramp /clock are dead. What could it possibly be this time??

#15933 11 months ago

I don't think it's functional with the game is it?</blockquote

One reason to install it is the callouts about Neil’s drum clock or shoot the drum will makes sense although not sure that’s that important.

#15934 11 months ago
Quoted from Big_G:

Same, $200 seems steep for what it does, or doesn’t do.

I received the suspended owl as a gift and exchanged it for the illuminated clock (thanks to Mezel Mods for the great customer service). Easy install. The clock hands movement has no bearing on the game. I dig it enough, but maybe not if I had to shell out my own money.

#15935 11 months ago
Quoted from 6point5degrees:

I received the suspended owl as a gift and exchanged it for the illuminated clock (thanks to Mezel Mods for the great customer service). Easy install. The clock hands movement has no bearing on the game. I dig it enough, but maybe not if I had to shell out my own money.

Thanks for the input. One reason I can see adding it is that the callouts “that’s Neil’s drum clock “ and “shoot the drum “ will make more sense with it there but not super important.

#15936 11 months ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

And multiball helps Strangiato in one particular way. The combo-streak timer is paused while a ball is in the bumpers... and the autoplunge in multiball is constantly sending balls into the bumpers. I've had cases where the combo streak still continued even after 20 or more real-time seconds between shots. Yeah it's hard to look up and know if you still have the streak multiplier going (or even sometimes to know where the next shot is), but if you can pull off all that, Strangiato can have a huge payoff. It might feel unbalanced, but it's good, that the song modes have some different feel and risk-reward characteristics between them.

I’m sure this is just random luck but I beat LVS tonight for the first time and the only reason is because of multi-ball since I didn’t really pay attention to what shots I needed to make. All I focused on was keeping the multi-ball going and hitting some balls at the various loops, ramp, scoops, Time Machine, etc. and mode completed. So it definitely can help.

#15937 11 months ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

I bought it. Cool effect, but expensive for what you get.

#15938 11 months ago
Quoted from Fuzzdaddy:

I bought it. Cool effect, but expensive for what you get.

How is the power hooked up? Where do you run the wire?

#15939 11 months ago
Quoted from Big_G:

How is the power hooked up? Where do you run the wire?

The wire runs down to the cabinet board near the left button and plugs into a free slot there (don't remember which one). There's a light sensor you tape in front of the playfield clock light which control the motion of the clock: when the clock light on the playfield lights, the clock lights and spins.

#15940 11 months ago
Quoted from Fuzzdaddy:

The wire runs down to the cabinet board near the left button and plugs into a free slot there (don't remember which one). There's a light sensor you tape in front of the playfield clock light which control the motion of the clock: when the clock light on the playfield lights, the clock lights and spins.

when you start a mode the clock supposed to spin... problem is the tape keeps moving the sensor and the clock always spins. not the way its supposed to work. i keep on fiddling with the tape. its a hassle.. but it is cool

#15941 11 months ago

Who saw the GOAT from Letterman ?

https://fb.watch/m9cc1DDNH3/?mibextid=nU6edR

#15942 11 months ago
Quoted from gmanrulz46:

when you start a mode the clock supposed to spin... problem is the tape keeps moving the sensor and the clock always spins. not the way its supposed to work. i keep on fiddling with the tape. its a hassle.. but it is cool

Why does it move? Isn’t it secured under the playfield?

#15943 11 months ago

dont know if this is of any interest to you guys, but the moving pictures 40th super deluxe box set is the cheapest its ever been. there are some cool toys in it if your looking to dress up your pin..

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09SV8DDH1/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_3

#15944 11 months ago
Quoted from Big_G:

Why does it move? Isn’t it secured under the playfield?

due to the shaker motor ..tape comes loose. sensor keeps on moving..

#15945 11 months ago
Quoted from gmanrulz46:

due to the shaker motor ..tape comes loose. sensor keeps on moving..

I see our clock being discussed here and first I want to say thank you to those who have purchased it and continue to support our small business. Just a few points to address some of the comments here. If there are more questions or comments, please reach out, we take feedback seriously.

We designed the clock ourselves, it is 3D printed in multiple pieces that we assemble with parts of it hand painted. For example, the clock face has raised lettering that we painstakingly hand paint. In general, we try to keep the price of our mods reasonable and have barely raised prices in recent years, but they do reflect the time and cost it takes us to make the products.

The clock mod is powered with 5v and is triggered by the drum insert on the playfield so when that insert is lit or flashing, the clock will light and the hand will spin. I am sorry it does not meet the expectations for some and that we can’t mimic the look or performance of the Premium/LE version, but we like it and had it in our game. As a general point, we don’t make any mods that we wouldn’t put in our own game.

As for the sensor wire, a lot of our mods utilize this set up and I don’t think I’ve ever received feedback that a shaker motor caused the sensor wire to come loose so we will keep an eye out for it. Good quality 3m or gorilla duct tape will hold it in place. We have shaker motors in all of our games and have never had the sensor wire come loose.

I hope this helps clarify our thinking on the clock and thanks again for those who support our small business.

#15946 11 months ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I see our clock being discussed here and first I want to say thank you to those who have purchased it and continue to support our small business. Just a few points to address some of the comments here. If there are more questions or comments, please reach out, we take feedback seriously.
We designed the clock ourselves, it is 3D printed in multiple pieces that we assemble with parts of it hand painted. For example, the clock face has raised lettering that we painstakingly hand paint. In general, we try to keep the price of our mods reasonable and have barely raised prices in recent years, but they do reflect the time and cost it takes us to make the products.
The clock mod is powered with 5v and is triggered by the drum insert on the playfield so when that insert is lit or flashing, the clock will light and the hand will spin. I am sorry it does not meet the expectations for some and that we can’t mimic the look or performance of the Premium/LE version, but we like it and had it in our game. As a general point, we don’t make any mods that we wouldn’t put in our own game.
As for the sensor wire, a lot of our mods utilize this set up and I don’t think I’ve ever received feedback that a shaker motor caused the sensor wire to come loose so we will keep an eye out for it. Good quality 3m or gorilla duct tape will hold it in place. We have shaker motors in all of our games and have never had the sensor wire come loose.
I hope this helps clarify our thinking on the clock and thanks again for those who support our small business.

Thanks for your post. Take the negative comments with a grain of salt. Like most posts, people like to complain about things. Your clock is worlds better than the shooter knob that Stern released and they have much more resources at their disposal. Your clock is hand painted and they put a sticker on their knob. But they did make a beautiful pin with Rush.

#15947 11 months ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Hey, Rob...there are two types of people: those who do and those who criticize. Thanks for being one of those people who do and thus enrich the hobby. I may not buy all of your mods, but I appreciate the work that goes into them.

#15948 11 months ago

I think it's just one of those mods that's very good, the price is fair but for me it just needs more like resin. I'm not criticizing the mod just stating why I didn't buy one.
I would seriously pay 400+ bucks for a replica of the Stern clock in resin that lights up and moved with the drum light.
I would also prefer each hour to be round like the Stern drum and light up just that circle not the entire face to light up. That info is for any modder with these skills that may be listening.
Honestly if that kind of mod appeared 600 isn't unrealistic considering what Lior charges for his. That level of detail, materials and quality is what would get my attention.
It is something mod-wise I'm missing that I want.
But that doesn't mean I don't appreciate the work, the existence of it and the price point is very reasonable.
I'm a big lermods supporter and have gotten many things there including custom led requests.
A+ mods and modder. Without a doubt!

#15949 11 months ago
Quoted from Lermods:

i will try gorilla duct tape..

#15950 11 months ago
Quoted from Mrbill:

dont know if this is of any interest to you guys, but the moving pictures 40th super deluxe box set is the cheapest its ever been. there are some cool toys in it if your looking to dress up your pin..
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09SV8DDH1/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_3

wow great price i paid 299 oh well maybe ill buy another so i can open one of them...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
St. Augustine, FL
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Lighting - Led
Gameroom Mods

$ 44.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8.00
Apparel - Unisex
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 17.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
PinSteps for Rush Pre-order!
PinShades

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 16.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lermods

$ 275.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 18,132 posts in this topic. You are on page 319 of 363.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.