IMG_3100 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240411_225620072.MP (resized).jpg
20240410_181338 (resized).jpg
IMG_1438 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240407_184826850.MP.jpg
IMG_5558 (resized).jpeg
PNG image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,892 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 358.
#1501 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The playfield GI is powered in sections. Does just the lower GI go out? Usually if it's a short in a bulb or bulb socket, there's a second page on the tech message to tell you what section to check. But since you just have 1/1 there's no second page here.
So basically to narrow down where the short is, you need to unplug connectors from Node8 one at a time and play. You'll lose insert or GI lighting for that area, but if it solves the problem you know where to look.
So on node 8 (the rectangular board by the flippers under the playfield) unplug
Connector labeled CN15 - bottom GI red/white/blue
And then play and report back.

I unplugged the CN15 and played three games with no issues. The last one was a really long game too where I set a new high score.

#1502 2 years ago
Quoted from BeeGee6533:

Ok, so I flashed another SD card and for an evening it booted up and worked. Now, today it won’t boot up again. Just stuck on the album screen. Flashed another SD card. Worked for a bit. Shut it down and it won’t boot up again. Any ideas of what’s going on?
Quick rant: Stern’s quality is garbage lately, sorry for saying. This on an expensive NIB LE. I’ve had significant issues with each Of the 3 NIB sterns I’ve purchase in the last 8 mos.

Did you check the power output from the power supply to make sure it's outputting a solid 48v?

#1503 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Did you check the power output from the power supply to make sure it's outputting a solid 48v?

Not sure how to do that?

#1504 2 years ago
Quoted from Photopin:

I unplugged the CN15 and played three games with no issues. The last one was a really long game too where I set a new high score.

Okay, so something on CN15 is suspect and causing an overcurrent problem.

Bottom Red GI (7 bulb) is pin 5
Bottom White GI (10 bulbs) is pin 6
Bottom Blue GI (7 bulbs) is pin 7

Do you know how to extract pins from the CN15 connector? If you do, you can narrow it further down to which one of those is where the problem is by removing the three pins, plugging CN15 back in, and adding each back one at a time until it fails again, otherwise you have to check them all.

#1505 2 years ago
Quoted from BeeGee6533:

Not sure how to do that?

Do you have a multimeter to measure DC voltage?

#1506 2 years ago
Quoted from Photopin:

Has anyone checked out what the 'Director's Cut' version is under game settings?

Usually it's the programmers preferred settings. I think on LOTR it removes the Bash Balrog mode & adds a troll mode that isn't normally there. Sometimes games have the setting but it doesn't do anything. Not sure if it does anything for Rush - but theoretically, it'll be Tim/Ray's preferred settings.

#1507 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Do you have a multimeter to measure DC voltage?

Unfortunately no, I don’t. I’ll put that on the list. Thx!

#1508 2 years ago

I'm seeing some really long game times although not with a hole lot of points as I have no clue what I'm doing yet. I'm finding the out lanes likely need to be adjusted. The stock position (easiest) does not see a lot of action. That's not something I usually complain about but I may move them to the middle at least.

#1509 2 years ago
Quoted from BeeGee6533:

Unfortunately no, I don’t. I’ll put that on the list. Thx!

You're not SOL. You have other spike machines. Prem/LE spike all used the RSP-500-48 power supply. Try swapping the power supply out of them and into this one and seeing if that fixes the issue. It's just a few plugs once you get to them by taking the metal cover off the bottom.

I really think the problem may be with your CPU board since the SD didn't fix it, but a low output power supply would cause this too, and is the easier check.

#1510 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

For God's sake can't somebody make a Starman cover for that Insider Connected thing on the apron? It'd be great for people like me who have no intention of using IC to have that light up on the apron and cover the ugly white square. Pleeeeeease?

What you think of this? Was thinking of using this if I move IC to the front of the game.

A6D1002A-0E43-4330-8985-5D58EB3D66A3 (resized).pngA6D1002A-0E43-4330-8985-5D58EB3D66A3 (resized).png
#1511 2 years ago

Bump x 1000

Quoted from beelzeboob:

For God's sake can't somebody make a Starman cover for that Insider Connected thing on the apron? It'd be great for people like me who have no intention of using IC to have that light up on the apron and cover the ugly white square. Pleeeeeease?

#1512 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You're not SOL. You have other spike machines. Prem/LE spike all used the RSP-500-48 power supply. Try swapping the power supply out of them and into this one and seeing if that fixes the issue. It's just a few plugs once you get to them by taking the metal cover off the bottom.
I really think the problem may be with your CPU board since the SD didn't fix it, but a low output power supply would cause this too, and is the easier check.

Thx so much for the help, Pinmonk! You rule.

#1513 2 years ago
Quoted from BeeGee6533:

Thx so much for the help, Pinmonk! You rule.

Pinmonk is great. The CPU might be bad. If you email Stern at [email protected] and give them the info, they'll probably send you a new SD card first. If that doesn't work, then they'll send you a new CPU.

#1514 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

What you think of this? Was thinking of using this if I move IC to the front of the game.[quoted image]

Thats great, but too much for that small rectangle. I think the Starman would fit perfectly there.

#1515 2 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Pinkmonk is great.

That's my wife. She's great, too.

#1516 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Okay, so something on CN15 is suspect and causing an overcurrent problem.
Bottom Red GI (7 bulb) is pin 5
Bottom White GI (10 bulbs) is pin 6
Bottom Blue GI (7 bulbs) is pin 7
Do you know how to extract pins from the CN15 connector? If you do, you can narrow it further down to which one of those is where the problem is by removing the three pins, plugging CN15 back in, and adding each back one at a time until it fails again, otherwise you have to check them all.

Does it take a special tool?

#1517 2 years ago
Quoted from BeeGee6533:

Ok, so I flashed another SD card and for an evening it booted up and worked. Now, today it won’t boot up again. Just stuck on the album screen. Flashed another SD card. Worked for a bit. Shut it down and it won’t boot up again. Any ideas of what’s going on?
Quick rant: Stern’s quality is garbage lately, sorry for saying. This on an expensive NIB LE. I’ve had significant issues with each Of the 3 NIB sterns I’ve purchased in the last 8 mos.

are you sure you are enabling high voltage after your software changes? Make sure your coin door is closed, or the switch pulled out so the game can talk to the node boards.

#1518 2 years ago

Remember the first time you really listened to music on headphones??? Try it …. ????

601D3FDB-6C17-44EF-A1D5-F2248ED2A8F6 (resized).jpeg601D3FDB-6C17-44EF-A1D5-F2248ED2A8F6 (resized).jpeg
#1519 2 years ago
Quoted from Photopin:

Does it take a special tool?

You can do it without a tool, but a tool makes it easier. Basically you want to press in the little raised nub that locks the pin into the holder and then tug on the pin to slide it out once you have it depressed. You may have to re-bend the pin out so it will "catch" when you put the pin back in when you're done, or it might slip out all by itself.

#1520 2 years ago

I'm guessing that the answer is no, but is there a way to turn off the Stern Insider Connect log in screen from coming up on the LCD screen in attract mode? If the QR reader is covered up, there isn't a reason to have to see the log in screen. Maybe I'm missing the settings somewhere.

#1521 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

That's my wife. She's great, too.

LOL

#1522 2 years ago

Starting to get the hang of it.....One Little Victory Lap after completing Far Cry Multiball is freakin' AWESOME!!! What a RUSH!!!!!

C9CF70AE-18F2-46ED-9628-8E0CBCB3FB60 (resized).jpegC9CF70AE-18F2-46ED-9628-8E0CBCB3FB60 (resized).jpeg
#1523 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

are you sure you are enabling high voltage after your software changes? Make sure your coin door is closed, or the switch pulled out so the game can talk to the node boards.

Yeah, I thought of that of course. High power is indeed enabled. That interlock switch is its normal position and the coin door is closed.

#1524 2 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Starting to get the hang of it.....One Little Victory Lap after completing Far Cry Multiball is freakin' AWESOME!!! What a RUSH!!!!!
[quoted image]

Just did the same thing, but only got to about 646 mil. It's really a fun game, and more code to come. Anyone notice there's no lane change coded?

#1525 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Just did the same thing, but only got to about 646 mil. It's really a fun game, and more code to come. Anyone notice there's no lane change coded?

I think that was purposeful, to keep you from being able to just loop the right ramp to complete the lanes any time you want.

#1526 2 years ago

Not a bad run today

20220227_185849 (resized).jpg20220227_185849 (resized).jpg
#1527 2 years ago
Quoted from ccw2112:

Had to be very careful here…. ♥️♥️
[quoted image]

How did you get that ? If you don’t mind of course

#1528 2 years ago
Quoted from ccw2112:

[quoted image]

I want to give you 2112 Upvotes for that pic CCW … simply impressive!

#1529 2 years ago
Quoted from ccw2112:

[quoted image]

That wasn’t made for any ole drummer

#1530 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

I heard from Geddy (paraphrased)“ I can play bass, sing, and play keyboards and you can’t even hit a ball!”
Also heard him call me a “hoser” haha

Clearly another reason Ed from BNL was the right choice to spearhead the sound/voice direction of this title. When all said and done this game will be a masterpiece.

#1531 2 years ago

I’m having two small issues.

1. My right pop bumper keeps getting stuck in the down position…it’s not a stick coil and it moves up and down freely when I mess with it by hand. I think it’s actually getting stuck on the back of the top scoop. Anyone else noticing this?

2. My right orbit rejects a bit - I wonder if I need to bend the metal wire/guide on the left a bit. How does the positioning on mine look compared to yours?

7D7F2626-8777-415E-A373-2C2E05FD0AF1 (resized).jpeg7D7F2626-8777-415E-A373-2C2E05FD0AF1 (resized).jpeg44BB6D8A-90E7-4D8F-8366-D6EC5A014B14 (resized).jpeg44BB6D8A-90E7-4D8F-8366-D6EC5A014B14 (resized).jpegC209D487-1E4B-4545-B854-F11DE76C9AD4 (resized).jpegC209D487-1E4B-4545-B854-F11DE76C9AD4 (resized).jpeg
#1532 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

My right pop bumper keeps getting stuck in the down position…it’s not a stick coil and it moves up and down freely when I mess with it by hand. I think it’s actually getting stuck on the back of the top scoop. Anyone else noticing this?

I'm having the same issue, yeah. There's a small but clear wear mark on the back side of the scoop

#1533 2 years ago

Kind of surprised by the hate for the Rush Pro by some pinsiders this week. I'm far from a pinball expert but the game plays very well and I find it more fun than other pros I play regularly like Aerosmith, Guardians, Metalica, Stranger Things and Star Wars.

I'm wondering of the scoop issues are contributing to this? Probably early code also.

Annotation 2022-02-28 083707 (resized).pngAnnotation 2022-02-28 083707 (resized).png

#1534 2 years ago

I’m having two small issues.
1. My right pop bumper keeps getting stuck in the down position

I did have an issue with a game that the stem of the bumper skirt was "popping" off the "spoon" under the play field, I had to adjust so it wouldnt "slip" off. but the coild was not locked on.

#1535 2 years ago
Quoted from kool1:

Kind of surprised by the hate for the Rush Pro by some pinsiders this week. I'm far from a pinball expert but the game plays very well and I find it more fun than other pros I play regularly like Aerosmith, Guardians, Metalica, Stranger Things and Star Wars.
I'm wondering of the scoop issues are contributing to this? Probably early code also.
[quoted image]

Pinball reviews are pretentious AF and I sometimes read them for laughs. I think it’s a great game with tight shots, it’s not an easy game and for some it will be frustrating. Playing Rush a few times on location isn’t going to give someone the full experience and sound this machine offers.

#1536 2 years ago

Anyone else get their ball stuck at the gap at the top of the center ramp when you don't hit it up there hard enough? That's kind of annoying.

#1537 2 years ago
Quoted from joetechbob:

Game shoots amazingly well, but IMHO the rules are nigh on impossible to understand/enjoy without having fully read the rules sheet (tome)/watched a video. So make sure you do that. It greatly improved the experience for me.
(The core rules go way beyond what's understandable via inserts on the pf, unlike eg GZ, where you can basically just figure it out in a couple of games. Rules sheet at times feels a bit more like a spec sheet for a complex hardware/software system than for pinball. Eg, see active multiball light patterns instead of just having inserts. That said, it gives a ton of rules flexibility which will be a nice long term net benefit.)

Having recently received the game, this is my experience as well. The game plays very well, however unlike most pinball machines that I have played in the past, it goes way too fast to understand what you have to do. There are few dramatic pauses or chances to breath.
Yesterday I had family members over to play. They're all new at pinball and had a blast playing, however I found that they kept hitting the VUK shot over and over again (b/c it is the easiest shot in the game) and thought they were progressing or scoring. I don't recall a pinball machine recently where it is possible to make the same boring shot over and over ad infinity.
This game really takes time to fully appreciate.

#1538 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Anyone else get their ball stuck at the gap at the top of the center ramp when you don't hit it up there hard enough? That's kind of annoying.

Maybe steepen a bit? Not sure yet, I go get mine wed!!

#1539 2 years ago

Oh so close to being an LE owner today...unfortunately R&L ruined that for me...

rush 2 (resized).jpgrush 2 (resized).jpg
#1540 2 years ago
Quoted from bouche03:

Oh so close to being an LE owner today...unfortunately R&L ruined that for me...
[quoted image]

Oh no!! That sucks

#1541 2 years ago
Quoted from bouche03:

[quoted image]

Boy that was an expensive mistake. Sorry man.....

#1542 2 years ago
Quoted from bouche03:

[quoted image]

Whoa - they tried taping the box back together?!

I can’t totally tell from the pic, but it looks like the game might be OK? Wonder if there’s any chance it’s OK in there despite the horror box.

#1543 2 years ago
Quoted from bouche03:

[quoted image]

Ack!!!!

Was there a lot of damage?

#1544 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Yeah it has happened a few times .Twice I knocked it through during MB the other time the ball search popped it out .

#1545 2 years ago
Quoted from bouche03:

[quoted image]

Someone really doesn’t like that machine ! Sorry to see that .

#1546 2 years ago
Quoted from bouche03:

[quoted image]

can you open it up and look or are you just saying hard pass ? I would be pretty upset.

#1547 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Maybe steepen a bit? Not sure yet, I go get mine wed!!

I'm at 7 degrees now. And the game is lightning fast.

#1548 2 years ago
Quoted from bouche03:

[quoted image]

Damn...that sucks

#1549 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

can you open it up and look or are you just saying hard pass ? I would be pretty upset.

I opened it up. The driver was super apologetic and was the one that suggested opening it. Upon inspection the head was fine. The glass was fine too. But the bottom edges of the cabinet had been hit and split/mushroomed. I should have taken pics, but had already closed the box up. The box says enough though!

#1550 2 years ago
Quoted from bouche03:

I opened it up. The driver was super apologetic and was the one that suggested opening it. Upon inspection the head was fine. The glass was fine too. But the bottom edges of the cabinet had been hit and split/mushroomed. I should have taken pics, but had already closed the box up. The box says enough though!

curious what le number it was

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Pyramid Pinball & Arcade

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 16.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lermods

$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 275.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

6,799 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sellersburg, IN
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 229.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 17,892 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 358.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1/page/31 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.