IMG_6410 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2562 (resized).jpg
IMG_2578 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2574 (resized).jpeg
20240322_163542 (resized).jpg
20240322_163631 (resized).jpg
20240319_194137 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,884 posts in this topic. You are on page 300 of 358.
#14951 10 months ago
Quoted from Vespula:

The majority of the work is the lights it looks like to me. I'm going to lift the playfield out when I install mine so At that point skipping the art blades doesn't make sense when you're already working on an empty box... unless you just absolutely don't love them and want to keep your sides black.
Glad you're thinking about it... ERPDEL !
(every rush pin deserves expression lights)

Funny thing was my wife asked about " why does the sides on this look different" ( she never does that) and I told her about the EL's and showed her a video of them in action. I got the " we got to get those". Hell yeah!

#14952 10 months ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Funny thing was my wife asked about " why does the sides on this look different" ( she never does that) and I told her about the EL's and showed her a video of them in action. I got the " we got to get those". Hell yeah!

That's incredible! If you weren't already married, I'd tell you to marry that girl!!
Now, really test her love and dedication to Rush pinball and show her the topper

#14953 10 months ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

We have only gotten frenzy twice, and it really would be cool if there were at least a little sound effect to go along with it, rather than just the little added count- up display.
After having this topper for a while, I feel like it looks cool, and I do like the way the albums light up as you collect them. Other than that, it really is kinda disappointing. I wasn't expecting it to give me a back rub or anything like that, but they could have made it feel like it was choosing the award with the dial. It really just doesn't feel like it is necessary, and I guess that's because it really isn't.
I figured I sort of "had to get it" for the LE to complete it, and if I ever sell, I feel like I would probably recoup the topper cost from someone looking for an LE, but I also feel like FOMO made me do it, and resent the over blown money grab by Stern. It makes me feel like a sucker and it won't happen again. It would be nice to think that a fair price could be asked for these ads ons to keep enthusiasts interested in them, but clearly with the 1k zip tie Godzilla topper, this is the new reality.
I think this is a cool looking topper, but it the whole thing leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

If you happen to make it to the end, there's a new countdown by Geddy... 10 9, 8...

#14954 10 months ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

told her about the EL's and showed her a video of them in action. I got the " we got to get those". Hell yeah!

Nice. You have a career in marketing!

#14955 10 months ago
Quoted from Big_G:

I just joined pinside. I’m a Rush fan that got into pinball because of this machine. Since we’re on the subject of the topper, I just received this email from my distributor.
LAST CALL FOR RUSH TOPPERS
Hello Rush Customer
Please read this email in its entirety if you are interested in a Rush Pinball topper.
The first run of Rush toppers was allocated to dealers and sold out almost immediately. If you did not make it on the first allocated run, we are now opening up a pre-order for the 2nd run of Rush toppers on a first come, first serve basis. First deposits in - first toppers out.
In order to GUARANTEE a topper to you for this game, we will be requiring a 50% NON-REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT DUE AT ORDER ACCEPTANCE. The balance will be due when the topper is built. This will allow us to make sure we have ordered enough, as well as Stern building enough. Stern announced they WILL build a 2nd run BASED ON DEMAND. So from what we understand from Stern at this time, is that there will only be enough built to meet demand. Stern has told us to expect delivery of the topper in September or October.
ALL REQUESTS FOR A TOPPER MUST BE RECEIVED BY THIS THURSDAY, 5/8/23 BY 5 pm.
If you do not let us know by Thursday, your order cannot be placed. This is the LAST CALL for Rush toppers. Stern will not have another build of this topper.
We apologize for the late notice. We just received this info from Stern yesterday.
Invoices will be sent with a secure EZ pay ACH link from Quickbooks. If you prefer to use a credit card, please let us know and we will turn that link on for you but please note a 4% credit card processing charge will be applied to credit card orders on this item. You are "in queue" once your invoice is paid from the sent invoice. If you have any questions please let us know.
The topper is $1,699.99 plus tax (if applicable) and shipping.
I am not sure if I should name my distributor so not doing so at this time. I do not plan on buying the topper but will provide distributor’s name if it’s ok and people want to use them. No affiliation, just a happy customer.
BTW, I assume the date in their email should
be 6/8 since I received the email today.

Yep, I got that email as well. It’s from Hemispheres Amusements and they’ve been great to work with. However, for the topper, I believe you have to have purchased Rush from them in order to get in the queue.
The good news out of the email is that Stern is gearing up for a second run with a September/October delivery timeline.
When I made my deposit, they told me the Expression Lighting was still back ordered and Stern gave them no updated time frame.

#14956 10 months ago

I received my EL from Hemispheres a couple of weeks ago. I was near the top of the waitlist. They didn’t require a deposit for the EL, just the topper. I didn’t order the topper.

#14957 10 months ago
Quoted from kermit24:

The lights that come on the topper are already tied to the expression lights. That’s part of the issue with the topper being back lit.
It’s the front part of the topper plastics that need to have some light on them.

Right... I'm speaking specifically to using the EL to illuminate the front of it.

#14958 10 months ago
Quoted from OutpostKodelia:

Right... I'm speaking specifically to using the EL to illuminate the front of it.

Maybe even two strips, one on the front and then another onealong channel on the inside to hyperlite the gears and behind the plastics.

You could have two options. Front and inside individually or both. For those that might have John's mod and want to enhance it with a center strip... Disclaimer: I haven't looked through the middle to see if there's even room, but it seemed like an idea.

I'm tempted to box up my topper and send it to you so you can do it right (and faster)

#14959 10 months ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Maybe even two strips, one on the front and then another onealong channel on the inside to hyperlite the gears and behind the plastics.
You could have two options.
I'm tempted to box up my topper and send it to you so you can do it right (and faster)

As awesome as that would be, I'm not sure I'd be comfortable taking someone's topper like that, not at that price tag anyways. Though... if you could scan and email me the manual, that could be very helpful and a lot less risky!!

#14960 10 months ago

As awesome as that would be, I'm not sure I'd be comfortable taking someone's topper like that, not at that price tag anyways. Though... if you could scan and email me the manual, that could be very helpful and a lot less risky!!

It's not as great as you want it to be but I'll scan it for you! Give me a couple hours...

#14961 10 months ago
Quoted from Vespula:

You could have two options. Front and inside individually or both. For those that might have John's mod and want to enhance it with a center strip... Disclaimer: I haven't looked through the middle to see if there's even room, but it seemed like an idea.

You just described Lermods topper mod

#14962 10 months ago
Quoted from Vespula:

It's not as great as you want it to be but I'll scan it for you! Give me a couple hours...

Hopefully it at least shows which node board they're using (I think I know, but confirmation is good) and which connections they're using on it. But thank you so much! You can probably skip boilerplate and text only pages, mostly looking for the details I just mentioned.

#14963 10 months ago

No manual in my box, but I assumed where the connections went. But I did get some bubble wrap and foam protecting the top, sides, and bottom so I’m happy with that!

#14964 10 months ago

I put my game next to my CLASH poster in the corner of the room, is this going to rip the space time continuum and am I going to get hurt?

#14965 10 months ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

I put my game next to my CLASH poster in the corner of the room, is this going to rip the space time continuum and am I going to get hurt?

Yes wear a helmet

#14966 10 months ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Yes wear a helmet

Hm
Better make it 2 helmets. Just to be safe.

#14967 10 months ago

Hopefully it at least shows which node board they're using (I think I know, but confirmation is good) and which connections they're using on it. But thank you so much! You can probably skip boilerplate and text only pages, mostly looking for the details I just mentioned.

It's the empty Ethernet connection on the board in the Backbox and power to the open connection on PS just below . No expression lights required for topper.

#14968 10 months ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

No manual in my box, but I assumed where the connections went. But I did get some bubble wrap and foam protecting the top, sides, and bottom so I’m happy with that!

Mine was also bubble wrapped though the box arrived in perfect condition.

The instruction book was overkill - 1 piece of paper with 2 pictures would have been sufficient LOL.

#14969 10 months ago

The instruction manual was useful to me to show that Stern skipped out on two pieces of packing material...

#14970 10 months ago
Quoted from Big_Whoopin:

The instruction manual was useful to me to show that Stern skipped out on two pieces of packing material...

I thought Step 5 was the most helpful
2023-06-08_14-24-27 (resized).jpg2023-06-08_14-24-27 (resized).jpg
OutpostKodelia
Kaydee- Scan Of install PDF attached.
RUSH Topper Install.pdfRUSH Topper Install.pdf

#14971 10 months ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Crap! I forgot that step!

#14972 10 months ago

Have one Rush banner left, great reproduction, 24 x 62 inches. Has the four corner grommets. Asking $110US with shipping included within Canada/US. Can do better price if combine with other banners. Thanks.

78BEDD68-0707-44A0-8A30-9DECA7A31267 (resized).png78BEDD68-0707-44A0-8A30-9DECA7A31267 (resized).png
#14973 10 months ago
Quoted from CrashJT:

If you happen to make it to the end, there's a new countdown by Geddy... 10 9, 8...

I was wondering what that was, thanks for the heads up.

#14974 10 months ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I was wondering what that was

Another indication the topper code needs love...

#14975 10 months ago

Got my topper this week and installed it tonight. It went from Stern to distributor and then reshipped to me. Arrived in great condition and properly packaged! I agree that it isn't all that interactive...but it might be magic! I only cracked a billion once before the code update and 600 million since. First game with the topper I got 1.2 billion and Cygnus Book I for the first time! Well worth the price tag

20230608_181107 (resized).jpg20230608_181107 (resized).jpg20230608_193307 (resized).jpg20230608_193307 (resized).jpg
Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#14976 10 months ago

Just installed the pinwoofer on my Rush Premium. As most of you already know, totally worth it. Not only does the pin sound much better, but what I really noticed was all the play sounds and call outs I was missing. Much more clear, and much "more" better . I posted pics of the old/new speakers. The old speakers are light and complete crap. Frankly, I'm surprised the stock speakers had any sound at all! Works great with the external volume knob. Also, I decided to mount the internal amp in the middle of the machine as, I really didn't want to lose the placement of the coin box. Seems the only reason not to do that is because you cannot adjust the settings easily. But once, adjusted, you really don't mess with the amp much. Cheers, & thanks for the kit pinwoofer!

Pinwoofer1 (resized).jpgPinwoofer1 (resized).jpgpinwoofer2 (resized).jpgpinwoofer2 (resized).jpg
#14977 10 months ago
Quoted from spaisley:

Just installed the pinwoofer on my Rush Premium. As most of you already know, totally worth it. Not only does the pin sound much better, but what I really noticed was all the play sounds and call outs I was missing. Much more clear, and much "more" better . I posted pics of the old/new speakers. The old speakers are light and complete crap. Frankly, I'm surprised the stock speakers had any sound at all! Works great with the external volume knob. Also, I decided to mount the internal amp in the middle of the machine as, I really didn't want to lose the placement of the coin box. Seems the only reason not to do that is because you cannot adjust the settings easily. But once, adjusted, you really don't mess with the amp much. Cheers, & thanks for the kit pinwoofer! [quoted image][quoted image]

Exactly. Welcome to the great awakening.

#14978 10 months ago
Quoted from Morehops4:

Got my topper this week and installed it tonight.

Talk about a tight fit! That pic makes it look like what, a half inch clearance to the ceiling? Woah!

#14979 10 months ago

1960 Time Machine Movie. Rod Taylor. Did you know? Did you know your rush time machine in your pin is inspired from that movie? I was watching a rerun of big bang theory, and this episode they buy the original Time Machine prop from the 1960 movie. As I watched I realized the 3 lights on the top matched my Rush Pin! What!!!??? Ok, so the red and yellow lights are reversed, but how did I not see this before? I did some quick searches, but found nothing. This has to be a thing. Am I the only one that didn't know? Wow...

BBT-TM (resized).jpgBBT-TM (resized).jpgRodTaylor-TM (resized).jpgRodTaylor-TM (resized).jpgRodTaylor2-TM (resized).jpgRodTaylor2-TM (resized).jpgRush-Time-Machine (resized).jpegRush-Time-Machine (resized).jpeg
#14980 10 months ago
Quoted from spaisley:

1960 Time Machine Movie. Rod Taylor

Yeah, but have you seen this? Is it a good movie? Worth the watch?
Definitely similar!

#14981 10 months ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Yeah, but have you seen this? Is it a good movie? Worth the watch?
Definitely similar!

It is said by some to be an absolute classic. Keep in mind it's from 1960, so special affects are a bit dated, but... a classic sci-fi flick!

#14982 10 months ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Did you then explain to her that you’ll have to pay in full now, but will have zero clue when it might be delivered?

Could be months. Could be years!

#14983 10 months ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Did you then explain to her that you’ll have to pay in full now, but will have zero clue when it might be delivered?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#14984 10 months ago

So sweet, so simple. Will add when Andy’s hardware cleanup kit arrives.

IMG_1105 (resized).jpegIMG_1105 (resized).jpeg
#14985 10 months ago
Quoted from spaisley:

1960 Time Machine Movie. Rod Taylor. Did you know? Did you know your rush time machine in your pin is inspired from that movie? I was watching a rerun of big bang theory, and this episode they buy the original Time Machine prop from the 1960 movie. As I watched I realized the 3 lights on the top matched my Rush Pin! What!!!??? Ok, so the red and yellow lights are reversed, but how did I not see this before? I did some quick searches, but found nothing. This has to be a thing. Am I the only one that didn't know? Wow...
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Interesting!!

I had no idea but all very cool. Thanks for posting.

#14986 10 months ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Haha ugh! Yeah I feel bad for the guys/gals who that’s happening too. Smfh ….

#14987 10 months ago
Quoted from ccw2112:

So sweet, so simple. Will add when Andy’s hardware cleanup kit arrives.
[quoted image]

Nice find!

FYI for everyone else that wants to dress up the knob: https://www.mojotone.com/Mojotone-Antique-Gold-Chicken-Head-Knob
$1.50 each, $6.99 USPS first class shipping (cheapest available) in the US, credit cards and Paypal accepted. Given the cheap price compared to the shipping I've ordered 2 extra. If anyone in the SE PA area wants to pick one up from me for $2 at Pinball Gallery in Malvern send me a PM.

I mean, free shipping on orders over $99 if someone wants to buy 66 of 'em...

#14988 10 months ago
Quoted from spaisley:

It is said by some to be an absolute classic. Keep in mind it's from 1960, so special affects are a bit dated, but... a classic sci-fi flick!

... i was so afraid by the Morlocks !!!

#14989 10 months ago
Quoted from Vespula:

[quoted image]
OutpostKodelia
Kaydee- Scan Of install PDF attached.
[quoted image]

Thanks for that! And yeah, you weren't kidding on how little detail that has in it. But I think I know what I need to know to proceed. Now to just pin down the details and work on the prototype!

#14990 10 months ago
Quoted from spaisley:

I'm pretty sure it won an academy award for special effects.

#14991 10 months ago
Quoted from Photopin:

I'm pretty sure it won an academy award for special effects.

Yeah! It did! From wikipedia.

Gene Warren and Tim Baar won the 1961 Academy Award for Best Effects, Special Effects.

The film was nominated for the 1961 Hugo Award for Best Dramatic Presentation.

#14992 10 months ago

Does anyone have any idea why my Rush is launching all balls to the shooter lane from the trough? Just started happening yesterday...

#14993 10 months ago
Quoted from Animal:

Does anyone have any idea why my Rush is launching all balls to the shooter lane from the trough? Just started happening yesterday...

I have my trough eject turned down to the minimum, still plenty of power, might try that

#14994 10 months ago
Quoted from Animal:

Check if the balls are magnetized, if so replace them. Also reseating the connections on the trough boards can help too.

#14995 10 months ago
Quoted from Animal:

Mine did this right out of the box. It turns out that the wire harness for the opto detector at the trough was completely missing. My distro had to fab one up onsite to get me working.

All of that is to say test the trough opto sensor. It's not seeing the balls.

#14996 10 months ago
Quoted from Big_Whoopin:

Nice find!
FYI for everyone else that wants to dress up the knob: https://www.mojotone.com/Mojotone-Antique-Gold-Chicken-Head-Knob
$1.50 each, $6.99 USPS first class shipping (cheapest available) in the US, credit cards and Paypal accepted. Given the cheap price compared to the shipping I've ordered 2 extra. If anyone in the SE PA area wants to pick one up from me for $2 at Pinball Gallery in Malvern send me a PM.
I mean, free shipping on orders over $99 if someone wants to buy 66 of 'em...

Plan to order one - thanks!
Guests have mentioned the bright orange just seems out of place. Lol
Can you post a pic when you get this installed?
Not sure how easy the existing one is to remove.

#14997 10 months ago
Quoted from Vino:

Plan to order one - thanks!
Even casual guests have mentioned the bright orange just seems out of place.lol
Can you post a pic when you get this installed?
Not sure how easy the existing one is to remove.

https://a.co/d/4q18TEe

#14998 10 months ago

Ya, it was 5 bucks more, but I think the brass will look good. Just a set screw to remove. Hoping the shaft is sane size tho

#14999 10 months ago
Quoted from Animal:

Watch the balls in the trough exit. If the game tries to launch a ball into the shooter lane and it doesn’t make it, the ball will stack on top of the next in line. The game will try and clear that by trying to eject the ball again. Watch to see if this is what is happening.

#15000 10 months ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Ya, it was 5 bucks more, but I think the brass will look good. Just a set screw to remove. Hoping the shaft is sane size tho

but free shipping

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Virginia Beach, VA
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 275.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

6,799 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sellersburg, IN
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

There are 17,884 posts in this topic. You are on page 300 of 358.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1/page/300 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.