IMG_3100 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240411_225620072.MP (resized).jpg
20240410_181338 (resized).jpg
IMG_1438 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240407_184826850.MP.jpg
IMG_5558 (resized).jpeg
PNG image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,892 posts in this topic. You are on page 298 of 358.
#14851 10 months ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

$1600 topper… packaged like a $50 china knockoff
Broken in the box. I’m fairly certain they broken it putting it in the box and just said f it.
Packing inserts were not even installed correctly…
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

It's packaged like absolute crap. There's more protective foam indicated in the installation instructions, but it's not packaged that way at all. My original was smashed at the corner, because there's really only bubble wrap protecting the integrity of the entire box. The foam doesn't fit well and shifts easily in shipping. Thankfully my distributor got me a new one right away.

#14852 10 months ago

Same here. 1 extra

Quoted from John_I:

Yeah the kit seems to come with an extra one. The instructions are hard to follow for the ferrite cores, but no matter how I looked at it there was an extra one.

#14853 10 months ago
Quoted from John_I:

Yeah the kit seems to come with an extra one. The instructions are hard to follow for the ferrite cores, but no matter how I looked at it there was an extra one.

I believe I ended up with a large and a small extra. Works good so far. I will double check to make sure i didn't miss one somewhere.

#14854 10 months ago

Interesting...
Did you know that Ray said DJ mixer plays full unedited versions of the songs whereas the concert ones during game play are edited and synched to the concert video.

Has anyone noticed this editing? I haven't. Maybe it's just subtle timing edits and not easily noticed.
I may start the song on Spotify on my phone in sync with the pin and see.

#14855 10 months ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Cmon stern, should of been done like this for $1700. Thanks to Space Coast Pinball, I now like our topper. Very easy 10 minute install. Well done John!!!!

This! Makes the topper really stick out. Hate to mod a mod but this is a def requirement for this topper! Thanks John!

FA6949D1-2EF4-4F5C-ADFA-A5F529BC92CE (resized).jpegFA6949D1-2EF4-4F5C-ADFA-A5F529BC92CE (resized).jpeg
#14856 10 months ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Interesting...
Did you know that Ray said DJ mixer plays full unedited versions of the songs whereas the concert ones during game play are edited and synched to the concert video.

Has anyone noticed this editing? I haven't. Maybe it's just subtle timing edits and not easily noticed.
I may start the song on Spotify on my phone in sync with the pin and see.

The editing I've noticed is removing the La Villa intro and cutting some music from Cygnus Books I and II. The DJ mode plays the uncut songs.

#14857 10 months ago
Quoted from epeabs:

I believe I ended up with a large and a small extra. Works good so far. I will double check to make sure i didn't miss one somewhere.

I also had an extra.

#14858 10 months ago

How do people like the shooter rod? I get it, it’s all subjective, just curious as I’m on the fence.

#14859 10 months ago

It’s ok. Cool that it lights up, but the molding is a little rough around the edges. A fun novelty.

#14860 10 months ago
Quoted from CrashJT:

IMPORTANT Expression Light instruction. When you get yours, check the dip switches on the node board. It SHOULD be set for node 2 (on- off- on- on). Mine came all 4 off (node 8). Caused only left front led to light greenish (See pic). Secondary note also Not In the EL instructions... when you first boot the game, during startup it'll discover the new node at a lower software version. Make sure it mentions "Node 2" as is updating or your switches are wrong.
Adam at support asked me to check that and that fixed my problem!!!
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Which node board switch do you change? I have a Pro and the manual says board in the cabinet should be On Off On On, but I don't see any switches on the board in the cabinet.

I just installed me expression lights, but I get an update failed on the node board, please power cycle game, but it still does not work.

#14861 10 months ago

I went achievement hunting and finally got all 10 albums in a single game. Also got the one for cashing in five albums at once. Those are tough ones, at least for me.

#14862 10 months ago
Quoted from whistlervan:

Which node board switch do you change? I have a Pro and the manual says board in the cabinet should be On Off On On, but I don't see any switches on the board in the cabinet.
I just installed me expression lights, but I get an update failed on the node board, please power cycle game, but it still does not work.

They are on the board that came with your kit. Do all adjustments with power off, close the coin door, and power on.

Also, read through the last 2-3 pages of this thread, it’s covered.

#14863 10 months ago
Quoted from whistlervan:

The one that came with the EL
On off on on
If they are set correctly then make sure coin door is closed for 48v power to update. If it says node 8 failed update then your dip switches are set to all off like the picture below and needs to be node 2
Screenshot_20230603-115418 (resized).pngScreenshot_20230603-115418 (resized).png

#14864 10 months ago
Quoted from Vespula:

The one that came with the EL
On off on on
If they are set correctly then make sure coin door is closed for 48v power to update. If it says node 8 failed update then your dip switches are set to all off like the picture below and needs to be node 2
[quoted image]

Thanks guys. Figured it out and deleted my post before y’all got to it. Appreciate everyone’s help as always

It’s awesome with the lights !!

#14865 10 months ago
Quoted from whistlervan:

Thanks guys. Figured it out and deleted my post before y’all got to it. Appreciate everyone’s help as always
It’s awesome with the lights !!

Drain isn't delete. It just hides it FOR YOU. There is no delete. You can edit, however.

Glad you got it working!

#14866 10 months ago

Got to play this one of kind Rush machine at the Central Ontario Arcade and Pinball show today. It's a conversion High Speed game. Not super fast like Stern Rush but the game has code with a working DMD and graphics. Very cool.

20230603_105217 (resized).jpg20230603_105217 (resized).jpg20230603_105225 (resized).jpg20230603_105225 (resized).jpg20230603_105603 (resized).jpg20230603_105603 (resized).jpg
#14867 10 months ago

That's awesome! I saw a write up about this on Google!

#14868 10 months ago
Quoted from daveddd14:

Ding ding ding, that was it!
TY

That was my OP, but I'm a few days behind on this thread. Glad it helped. That physical knocker makes a hell of a "thwack!" doesn't it?

#14869 10 months ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

I've received NIB pins from Stern with literally no packing on the bottom. Just wood against cardboard. It was a miracle that it arrived unscathed.

Wow! This is inexcusable. Contrast that to the way CG packaged the topper that came with my MB(r) LE. It was in it's own box, which was strapped to the top of the game box. The box was protected by a wooden frame with a veneer finish! And inside the box, it was screwed to a wooden base to hold it in place. And it is an awesome topper, interactive with RGB LEDs and was included with the LE at a total cost of $9,500.

As far as I'm concerned, Rush plays great without their overpriced topper, and those of you that are buying it at this price point are sending a message to Stern that they can get away with overcharging for an item that should have been included already with an LE priced at over $11,000. They already did away with the goody bag on Rush, and the expression lights on the premium. Next they'll be charging for software updates. But if you just have to have it "because it's Rush, and it completes the game" and will buy it at any cost even if it's inferior quality in some ways and poorly packaged, just know that you are feeding the beast.

#14870 10 months ago
Quoted from Magicman:

That was my OP, but I'm a few days behind on this thread. Glad it helped. That physical knocker makes a hell of a "thwack!" doesn't it?

So loud, it’s awesome to hear, also added one to CCrLE. DP is the lonely one left without now.

#14871 10 months ago
Quoted from Magicman:

Wow! This is inexcusable. Contrast that to the way CG packaged the topper that came with my MB(r) LE. It was in it's own box, which was strapped to the top of the game box. The box was protected by a wooden frame with a veneer finish! And inside the box, it was screwed to a wooden base to hold it in place. And it is an awesome topper, interactive with RGB LEDs and was included with the LE at a total cost of $9,500.
As far as I'm concerned, Rush plays great without their overpriced topper, and those of you that are buying it at this price point are sending a message to Stern that they can get away with overcharging for an item that should have been included already with an LE priced at over $11,000. They already did away with the goody bag on Rush, and the expression lights on the premium. Next they'll be charging for software updates. But if you just have to have it "because it's Rush, and it completes the game" and will buy it at any cost even if it's inferior quality in some ways and poorly packaged, just know that you are feeding the beast.

The beast was starving! I couldn't help myself!

#14872 10 months ago
Quoted from Vespula:

That's awesome! I saw a write up about this on Google!

Cool to see for sure. It was a solid effort!

#14873 10 months ago

So this turned up today - only 5 days shipping from Pinball Life to Sydney with FedEx!!!

Let’s hope it’s not damaged after travelling 1000’s miles! Box looks ok.
IMG_6970 (resized).jpegIMG_6970 (resized).jpeg

#14874 10 months ago
Quoted from Magicman:

Does it help if I haven't bought their last three titles and probably won't buy their next one? There are only two themes I'm still interested in...

#14875 10 months ago

Topper is undamaged and looks great in person - better than it shows in photos. Though Pinball Life added a lot of extra packaging. Without their stuff, the packaging was woeful and would have definitely been damaged getting over here.

Stock packaging the top half of the box is empty:
IMG_6976 (resized).jpegIMG_6976 (resized).jpeg

Pinball Life to their credit added a heap of extra foam to the front and top - there was no wiggle room at all:IMG_6978 (resized).jpegIMG_6978 (resized).jpeg

IMG_6977 (resized).jpegIMG_6977 (resized).jpeg

#14876 10 months ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Topper is undamaged and looks great in person - better than it shows in photos. Though Pinball Life added a lot of extra packaging. Without their stuff, the packaging was woeful and would have definitely been damaged getting over here.
Stock packaging the top half of the box is empty:
[quoted image]
Pinball Life to their credit added a heap of extra foam to the front and top - there was no wiggle room at all:[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Nice! You'll be installed by the time you read this. The longest part was removing and putting back the 4 mounting screws...!

#14877 10 months ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Does it help if I haven't bought their last three titles and probably won't buy their next one? There are only two themes I'm still interested in...

What are the titles? I'm waiting for Ozzy and Hendrix . Ozzy I hear will come, no one mentions Jimi tho

#14878 10 months ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

What are the titles? I'm waiting for Ozzy and Hendrix . Ozzy I hear will come, no one mentions Jimi tho

I mention Jimi Hendrix every chance I get! I suspect his family would make licensing a nightmare, though.

#14879 10 months ago

some big rush related news was posted today by henderson brewery

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/toronto-airport-to-get-a-yyz-bar#post-7611162

#14880 10 months ago

I live 20 minutes away. Will definitely check it out!

In other news... The eagle has landed!

20230605_141805 (resized).jpg20230605_141805 (resized).jpg
#14881 10 months ago
Quoted from kool1:

The eagle has landed!

Owl?
Congrats!!!
Top this! (Pun}
PXL_20230527_013749175 (resized).jpgPXL_20230527_013749175 (resized).jpg

#14882 10 months ago

Oh and topper achievements were activated today because I got extra ball and millions and never got achievements for those before today

#14883 10 months ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Oh and topper achievements were activated today because I got extra ball and millions and never got achievements for those before today

I've gotten them since I installed the topper.

#14884 10 months ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Owl?
Congrats!!!
Top this! (Pun}
[quoted image]

Beauty eh!

Just need my EL's - still lost.

20230605_225641 (resized).jpg20230605_225641 (resized).jpg

#14885 10 months ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I've gotten them since I installed the topper.

So strange. I got topper extra ball and millions previously but not awarded the achievement until tonight. Strange. Oh well

#14886 10 months ago
Quoted from Vespula:

So strange. I got topper extra ball and millions previously but not awarded the achievement until tonight. Strange. Oh well

We have only gotten frenzy twice, and it really would be cool if there were at least a little sound effect to go along with it, rather than just the little added count- up display.
After having this topper for a while, I feel like it looks cool, and I do like the way the albums light up as you collect them. Other than that, it really is kinda disappointing. I wasn't expecting it to give me a back rub or anything like that, but they could have made it feel like it was choosing the award with the dial. It really just doesn't feel like it is necessary, and I guess that's because it really isn't.
I figured I sort of "had to get it" for the LE to complete it, and if I ever sell, I feel like I would probably recoup the topper cost from someone looking for an LE, but I also feel like FOMO made me do it, and resent the over blown money grab by Stern. It makes me feel like a sucker and it won't happen again. It would be nice to think that a fair price could be asked for these ads ons to keep enthusiasts interested in them, but clearly with the 1k zip tie Godzilla topper, this is the new reality.
I think this is a cool looking topper, but it the whole thing leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

#14887 10 months ago

I think the topper does feel like release code the lights and integration are not finished. What I mean is that it just doesn't do much. It looks the best that's it's going to look in attract mode.

Someone at Stern would be my hero If they would improve on the interaction and the lights of the topper during different moments while you're playing.. There's so much more you could creatively do with the LEDs, the album lights the patterns of all those albums, etc.

For example, when the ball drains or the game ends, It just goes dark and sits there. And there's plenty of other moments within the game with the topper could be participating along with the game, instead it just turns on and off. There are so many times I look up when the topper should be doing something and it's just sitting there. Such as The freaking mystery award routine.... seriously it should be doing something special then for sure. What about The game counting all its bonuses, after a drain, That's right it's doing nothing Just sitting there. Nothing is really done with the album lights at all and those are one of the coolest features....or music's playing still on the outro, anytime something's going on with the game the topper should be doing something and it seems like it's sitting there off or completely dark most of the time. The album lights stay off way too much.

Another idea I had was That maybe they ought to do the opposite with the album lights. Make them all on by default. And in attract mode each one goes off and back on in order. Also when you're playing all 10 albums are lit so it looks prettier and when you qualify an album the light goes out, or flashes. That would also help with the darkness issue.

The 4 award lights on the radio go out way too much and just makes it even darker. They should also stay on much more. And have different patterns and flashing speeds. Choreographed with the different moments in the game. Most of the time those radio lights should be on. Go ahead and flash them if you want to, make them more interactive, especially during the topper mystery or mystery graphic routine, it should be doing something special then for sure like fast blinking the radio lights or doing some cool album lighting pattern starting on the outside album blinking and moving in really quick back and forth like it' towards the radio dial award lights that are flashing very rapidly. So much more that can be done with the lights and patterns based on what's going on with the game on this topper.

The topper is just too dark too often and not doing anything during many moments of the game.
It's like it's only a programming is to do basically one thing turn on then off from a few trigger switches like pops. When a game ends ball drains or The game is going through its transitions it just goes dark and dead. Topper code Love is needed!!

overall it would be great if Theguyoverthere or someone at Stern would show some topper code love in the game and really make the integration more active special.
For the price you think it would and as it stands the capability is there so that could do so much more. Very little thought or effort was put into the topper code integration with the moments of the game. As in none. Please Ray. Gears On and off during a few moments of the game with A half dozen blinky lights is, well, not what it could be. I know there's some creativity there that's during that can be used to really take this to a polished code level for the topper.

Someone at Stern just actually needs to play the game with the topper and watch how often it goes dead and look at all the opportunities where the topper should be uniquely part of the game, or going berserk. Maybe they are??? I'm hopeful.
Plus consider my idea of lighting up all the albums by default and having them go dark as you qualify them So you're trying to turn them all off basically. I want to see those rush albums lit up.

#14888 10 months ago
Quoted from Vespula:

I think the topper does feel like release code the lights and integration are not finished. What I mean is that it just doesn't do much. It looks the best that's it's going to look in attract mode.

Someone at Stern would be my hero If they would improve on the interaction and the lights of the topper while you're playing..

For example, when the ball drains or the game ends, It just goes dark and sits there. And there's plenty of other moments within the game with the topper could be participating along with the game, instead it just turns on and off. There are so many times I look up when the topper should be doing something and it's just sitting there. Such as The game counting all its bonuses, after a drain, or music's playing still on the outro, anytime something's going on with the game the topper should be doing something and it seems like it's sitting there off or completely dark most of the time.

Another idea I had was That maybe they ought to do the opposite with the album lights. Make them all on by default. And in attract mode each one goes off and back on in order. Also when you're playing all 10 albums are lit so it looks prettier and when you qualify an album the light goes out, or flashes. That would also help with the darkness issue.

The 4 award lights on the radio go out way too much and just makes it even darker. They should also stay on much more. Most of the time those radio lights should be on. Go ahead and flash them if you want to, make them more interactive, especially during the topper mystery or mystery graphic routine, it should be doing something special then for sure like fast blinking the radio lights or doing some cool album lighting pattern starting on the outside album blinking and moving in really quick back and forth like it' towards the radio dial award lights that are flashing very rapidly. So much more that can be done with the lights and patterns based on what's going on with the game on this topper.

The topper is just too dark too often and not doing anything during many moments of the game.
It's like it's only a programming is to do basically one thing turn on then off from a few trigger switches like pops. When a game ends ball drains or The game is going through its transitions it just goes dark and dead. Topper code Love is needed!!

overall it would be great if Theguyoverthere or someone at Stern would show some topper code love in the game and really make the integration more active special.
For the price you think it would and as it stands the capability is there so that could do so much more. Very little thought was put into the code integration with the moments of the game. As in none. Please Ray.

Someone at Stern just actually needs to play the game with the topper and watch how often it goes dead and look at all the opportunities where the topper should be part of the game, or going berserk, Plus consider my idea of lighting up all the albums by default and having them go dark as you qualify them So you're trying to turn them all off basically. I want to see those rush albums lit up.

I kinda disagree about the albums. The "wanting to see the albums lit up" is what makes completing them a little more fun. If they started out lit up, that goal would be gone.

#14889 10 months ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I kinda disagree about the albums. The "wanting to see the albums lit up" is what makes completing them a little more fun. If they started out lit up, that goal would be gone.

Not gone at all. Just flipped.
What I mean is having them lit up at the start of the game means you need to qualify them still. It starts lit up. You're trying to make each go dark.
Maybe you understood me but still don't like the idea.
It's just about the only way I could think to make the topper brighter and I want to be able to see all the albums lit up in the beginning when I look at it And if the light's out then that's how you know you qualified the album. It's just would be opposite to the way it is now. If it's controversial make it a setting in the menu.
Topper album lights default = on or off

Right now It looks the best in attract mode... there's no reason to look at the topper except to glance and see qualified albums. It's never doing anything worth looking at or different when I look at it. It's either on, or it's off and often dark and just sitting there at times during the game where I think it should be doing cool animations.
Needs code love.

#14890 10 months ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Someone at Stern would be my hero If they would improve on the interaction and the lights of the topper during different moments while you're playing.. There's so much more you could creatively do with the LEDs, the album lights the patterns of all those albums, etc.

For example, when the ball drains or the game ends, It just goes dark and sits there. And there's plenty of other moments within the game with the topper could be participating along with the game, instead it just turns on and off. There are so many times I look up when the topper should be doing something and it's just sitting there. Such as The freaking mystery award routine.... seriously it should be doing something special then for sure. What about The game counting all its bonuses, after a drain, That's right it's doing nothing Just sitting there. Nothing is really done with the album lights at all and those are one of the coolest features....or music's playing still on the outro, anytime something's going on with the game the topper should be doing something and it seems like it's sitting there off or completely dark most of the time. The album lights stay off way too much.

The 4 award lights on the radio go out way too much and just makes it even darker. They should also stay on much more. And have different patterns and flashing speeds. Choreographed with the different moments in the game. Most of the time those radio lights should be on. Go ahead and flash them if you want to, make them more interactive, especially during the topper mystery or mystery graphic routine, it should be doing something special then for sure like fast blinking the radio lights or doing some cool album lighting pattern starting on the outside album blinking and moving in really quick back and forth like it' towards the radio dial award lights that are flashing very rapidly. So much more that can be done with the lights and patterns based on what's going on with the game on this topper.

For the price you think it would and as it stands the capability is there so that could do so much more. Very little thought or effort was put into the topper code integration with the moments of the game. As in none. Please Ray. Gears On and off during a few moments of the game with A half dozen blinky lights is, well, not what it could be.

Someone at Stern just actually needs to play the game with the topper and watch how often it goes dead and look at all the opportunities where the topper should be uniquely part of the game, or going berserk, Plus consider my idea of lighting up all the albums by default and having them go dark as you qualify them So you're trying to turn them all off basically. I want to see those rush albums lit up.

I only have a couple of games with the topper late last night but my initial reaction was also that it doesn't do much also. Would love to see it lit up more for sure, I agree, something in the code could be done.

I agree with yzfguy though - I prefer to see the albums light vs go dark as you progress.

#14891 10 months ago

I just wish that the albums you collected during the game stayed lit during the end of ball bonus. That's when I look up to see which ones I've collected and, unfortunately, the whole thing is dark. If it was ball 3, I guess I don't get another chance to see which ones they were. Disappointed with that.

So far, with the topper installed and at least 25 games played, I've never gotten a topper award yet.

#14892 10 months ago
Quoted from schudel5:

I just wish that the albums you collected during the game stayed lit during the end of ball bonus. That's when I look up to see which ones I've collected and, unfortunately, the whole thing is dark. If it was ball 3, I guess I don't get another chance to see which ones they were. Disappointed with that.
So far, with the topper installed and at least 25 games played, I've never gotten a topper award yet.

Yeah the end of ball bonus is exactly what I was highlighting in my post where it really needs to be doing more and your point about leaving the albums lit up that you qualified through that routine is spot on.
It took me a lot of games to get my first topper award and I felt the same way but now I've had frenzy once, extra ball twice, millions twice, and advanced time machine once.
Another thing to point out is that if you're not paying attention you might not realize you got the topper award because the topper isn't doing anything. You got to pay attention to the LCD graphic or just be aware of what's going on. There's not much fanfare and you'd think with winning a topper award the topper would be going berserk for a second. It's not like you don't already know what the award is beforehand... So randomly flash all those album covers and light up the radio dial and super blink the one you got... Do something special with the LEDs.

#14893 10 months ago

My Pro is on its way this afternoon!

IMG_7700.gifIMG_7700.gif
#14894 10 months ago
Quoted from kool1:

I only have a couple of games with the topper late last night but my initial reaction was also that it doesn't do much also. Would love to see it lit up more for sure, I agree, something in the code could be done.
I agree with yzfguy though - I prefer to see the albums light vs go dark as you progress.

At least the potential to improve the code exists so that gives me hope.
The album idea was a stretch, I know, but I was desperate. It's not the worst idea but I didn't think most would like it.
What about if they all lit up to start with and then when you qualified one it would flash? Oh, wait, that's right, there's a flashing routine on the topper album's currently when you you get the combo but haven't qualified the album at the time machine.
I think that flash is synced with the orange light on the time machine.

#14895 10 months ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I still laugh when Geddy yells " noooooooooo" when I hit the left outlane

Quoted from Vespula:

I do notice the call out "Nooooooooo!"only on drain of ball 3 with no extra balls unless I'm mistaken

Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Yup, and I recall only the left outlane, but I may be wrong, that's where I've noticed it

Just heard it on the right outlane last night. You've maybe noticed this already..

#14896 10 months ago
Quoted from Vespula:

At least the potential to improve the code exists so that gives me hope.
The album idea was a stretch, I know, but I was desperate. It's not the worst idea but I didn't think most would like it.
What about if they all lit up to start with and then when you qualified one it would flash? Oh, wait, that's right, there's a flashing routine on the topper album's currently when you you get the combo but haven't qualified the album at the time machine.
I think that flash is synced with the orange light on the time machine.

Lots of potential for improvement and further integration I think - not sure if we will get. Maybe we need to shoot an e-mail or PM to Rayday.

#14897 10 months ago
Quoted from kool1:

Lots of potential for improvement and further integration I think - not sure if we will get. Maybe we need to shoot an e-mail or PM to Rayday.

Theguyoverthere is reading. PinballLife is his life. Rush is his favorite baby! Right Ray?? Right??

#14898 10 months ago

Circling back on my topper frustration. Just as Theguyoverthere suggested, my game was set to competition mode (for some reason). In this mode, the topper will never activate or award a topper based mystery awards.

The key that is very helpful (and nice touch in the code) is when the game being played is in competition mode, the topper award inserts (extra ball, millions, etc) are dark! Once you disable comp mode, these inserts light during the game indicating they are in play!

I second what Vespula said, lots of opportunities for the topper to be doing something when it’s just dark and not moving. I would love to see a random attraction mode movement like R2D2 does and SW.

#14899 10 months ago

I would think a minimal first step for extra topper features would be at end of ball to pulse the albums collected when that part of the bonus is being awarded. That seems like a no brainer.

#14900 10 months ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

We have only gotten frenzy twice, and it really would be cool if there were at least a little sound effect to go along with it, rather than just the little added count- up display.
After having this topper for a while, I feel like it looks cool, and I do like the way the albums light up as you collect them. Other than that, it really is kinda disappointing. I wasn't expecting it to give me a back rub or anything like that, but they could have made it feel like it was choosing the award with the dial. It really just doesn't feel like it is necessary, and I guess that's because it really isn't.
I figured I sort of "had to get it" for the LE to complete it, and if I ever sell, I feel like I would probably recoup the topper cost from someone looking for an LE, but I also feel like FOMO made me do it, and resent the over blown money grab by Stern. It makes me feel like a sucker and it won't happen again. It would be nice to think that a fair price could be asked for these ads ons to keep enthusiasts interested in them, but clearly with the 1k zip tie Godzilla topper, this is the new reality.
I think this is a cool looking topper, but it the whole thing leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Kinda felt the same way brother! The Frenzy mode is disappointing: No sound effects or music to get the player excited that they just entered !!!FRENZY!!!
Just a lazy count-down timer and a brief graphic at the conclusion of the mode that displays for less than a second - meh!
That being said, the RUSH topper is probably one of the best available currently, but that is certainly not saying much for the price of the darn thing!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 35.00
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

6,799 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sellersburg, IN
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Lighting - Led
Lermods

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Virginia Beach, VA
$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 17,892 posts in this topic. You are on page 298 of 358.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1/page/298 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.