IMG_6410 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2562 (resized).jpg
IMG_2578 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2574 (resized).jpeg
20240322_163542 (resized).jpg
20240322_163631 (resized).jpg
20240319_194137 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,884 posts in this topic. You are on page 297 of 358.
#14801 10 months ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

You're in the Rush thread so of course you'll get replies favoring Rush, but I'll actually throw in that even as a Rush owner and fan of the band and not of Foo, I think Foo is the better game. Rush's layout just doesn't quite flow like it should, Foo is smooth as butter. Rush doesn't open up as a game until you get really good to get deep into the time machine upgrades and album combos and wizard modes, Foo is a fun romp no matter what you're doing. The one area Rush does win is portraying the band better with the real concert media rather than the silly cartoon vibe, but Foo is even perfectly pleasant there too.

Both are great pins.....prefer Rush because I worship them musically and I am not at all into the cartoonish nature of ANY pinball machine. Both machines flow wonderfully.....it's a close call. Personal preference of music wins out for me.

#14802 10 months ago

Just got emails Marcos has toppers and lights in stock.

So does this mean everyone else is getting their stuff in. Hopefully flipinout.

#14803 10 months ago
Quoted from upsfeedr:

Just got emails Marcos has toppers and lights in stock.
So does this mean everyone else is getting their stuff in. Hopefully flipinout.

Sold out on the EL lights

#14804 10 months ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Albums you've collected are lit up on the topper, otherwise this information is only available in the information screens.
Also, I just noticed the album on the topper flashes sometimes, maybe it's indicating I completed the 123 combo and now need to hit the time machine to qualify the album? Maybe it flashes in sync with the yellow bulb on the time machine? Does anyone know?

It means you have the 1-2-3 and are ready to hit the Time Machine to collect the album.

#14805 10 months ago

Just got my Expression Lighting today from Marco. Can't wait to get it installed on my Premium and check out the difference.

#14806 10 months ago

$1600 topper… packaged like a $50 china knockoff

Broken in the box. I’m fairly certain they broken it putting it in the box and just said f it.

Packing inserts were not even installed correctly…

IMG_4958 (resized).jpegIMG_4958 (resized).jpegIMG_4959 (resized).jpegIMG_4959 (resized).jpegIMG_4960 (resized).jpegIMG_4960 (resized).jpeg

#14807 10 months ago

So I finally made it to Cygnus Book 1 wizard mode today! Can’t believe it has taken me this long. Managed to clear the mode and got all five achievements for it. Felt so awesome. Now to focus on Book 2. I haven’t even been close to starting that mode yet so I’m sure I’ve got a long road ahead of me.

Looking forward to the Pacific Northwest pinball show this weekend. So many new games I want to check out.

#14808 10 months ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Broken in the box. I’m fairly certain they broken it putting it in the box and just said f it.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Damn that sucks. After such a long wait and now damaged. Really Sorry to see this. Hopefully they can get you a new one shipped today or just send you a new mold replacement instead of doing a full RMA.

Supposed to get mine today - was told this week, but was also told that 3 weeks ago so Stern is obviously trickling them out as they can…Already received John’s light mod yesterday so I’m ready to go. Really hoping I get the call to pick up today.

#14809 10 months ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Agreed. Mine arrived undamaged, but it sure isn't packaged in any way shape or form to go through a shipper packaged the way it is. There's just foam on the ends (kind of) and bottom. Nothing on top. It should either be packaged protected completely or be put in another box with packing peanuts or similar.

#14810 10 months ago
Quoted from schudel5:

Agreed. Mine arrived undamaged, but it sure isn't packaged in any way shape or form to go through a shipper packaged the way it is. There's just foam on the ends (kind of) and bottom. Nothing on top. It should either be packaged protected completely or be put in another box with packing peanuts or similar.

I've received NIB pins from Stern with literally no packing on the bottom. Just wood against cardboard. It was a miracle that it arrived unscathed.

#14811 10 months ago

All but one of the many Stern toppers I've purchased over the years came directly from a local brick and mortar distributor. I drive the 1.5 hours each way to get them the second they arrive. The boxes are always pristine when I get them, so pictures like those above give me shivers! I'm thinking the toppers shipping in bulk in the same size boxes all stacked together helps them to arrive at the distros with a minimum of banging around, dropping, getting crushed, etc. For those having them mailed directly to them from a distro, maybe it is a good idea to ask for double boxing?

#14812 10 months ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

Have to give a shout-out to John_I for his awesome topper light kit! If you play in a dark room you need this mod! Super easy install and looks great. Before and after pics:[quoted image][quoted image]

How white is the white setting? Every pic has looked blue-ish.

#14813 10 months ago
Quoted from John_I:

All but one of the many Stern toppers I've purchased over the years came directly from a local brick and mortar distributor. I drive the 1.5 hours each way to get them the second they arrive. The boxes are always pristine when I get them, so pictures like those above give me shivers! I'm thinking the toppers shipping in bulk in the same size boxes all stacked together helps them to arrive at the distros with a minimum of banging around, dropping, getting crushed, etc. For those having them mailed directly to them from a distro, maybe it is a good idea to ask for double boxing?

Yeah, mine wasn’t broken like that but I did notice they only put a foam piece on one side like the photo for some reason and one corner of the base got bent…

#14814 10 months ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

How white is the white setting? Every pic has looked blue-ish.

The white is definitely a cool white, and you are not wrong that it looks blueish. I wish there was a way to change the tone of the white but it appears that white is white on the remote. Some of the other colors that you can choose actually look pretty cool too, but in a perfect world it would be nice to have a warmer white than the LED strip provides. Still light years better than an unlighted topper, IF you are playing in a dark room!

#14815 10 months ago

I’m just even more convinced now that accessories are being outsourced.

The plastic shell is so fragile it’s really disappointing given the price point stern is selling at. You’d break this thing grabbing it anywhere but the base.

#14816 10 months ago
Quoted from mstang01:

Yeah, mine wasn’t broken like that but I did notice they only put a foam piece on one side like the photo for some reason and one corner of the base got bent…

it's funny that you mention that. mine was the same, 2 end pieces of foam on the bottom, and 1 on the right end. nothing on the left.
and yet the 1st step of the instructions tell you to remove all [4] pieces of foam.

at $1699, I want that piece of foam that I was shorted. I specifically had my vendor overbox mine after seeing some of the damage on earlier received toppers

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#14817 10 months ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I have only ever ordered two Stern toppers and both came damaged, so I’m at a 100% damage rate. Luckily, my RUSH topper only needed the bottom mounting plate bent back to normal. My Black Knight - SOR topper had more extensive damage. The boxes are too thin and the packing material isn’t good enough. This is all probably a good indicator of Stern’s actual cost to make the product or they would do a better job on packaging.

#14818 10 months ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I noticed that PBL is selling the playfield plastics for the Pro, (I have the premium).
The only noticeable difference I see in the plastics is the VUK plastic. Are there any other differences?

Yes there are differences. I bought a BASIC set of sling protectors from a pro and quickly learned they were different. Didn't fit the premium. Largely because the vuk returns the ball to the right side, that plastic is different on the sling as well as (likely) the vuk area. The Premium has the forks on the slot behind the drops (not sure if plastics change for this or not). The ramps are slightly different and possibly the plastics in the sides might be? The area under the clock? The right scoop on a pro can't fire a ball but don't know if this affects the plastic (doubt it, but don't know).

#14819 10 months ago

Apparently my expression lights arrived at my distributor broken. Still waiting on topper as well. After waiting for forever for my GNR and months for my Rush it doesn’t bother me at this point. I’ll be stoked when they arrive, but I’m not going to stress about it. Helps that I haven’t ever had to put a deposit down for anything from them too though.

#14820 10 months ago

I need some help to understand why i cannot force a ski pass from right to left flipper. Ball travels up the right inlane after right flipping just fine but its momentum dies when returning to the rubber. Left corner nudge just results in a danger but there is not enough force to get the ball across. I use stock flipper rubber and my incline is 6.8.

For those that can successfully do this. What flipper rubber do you use? What incline? Anyone had to make adjustments to help that you can pass along?

#14821 10 months ago

Help!

Installed expression lights
But now keep getting this message (pictured below)

Then keeps telling me to power cycle.
And same messages issues again.

Anyone know ?

Thanks
F52D8A96-CBCE-44A7-A1CD-3723DEDAEA55 (resized).jpegF52D8A96-CBCE-44A7-A1CD-3723DEDAEA55 (resized).jpeg

#14822 10 months ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

Help!
Anyone know ?
Thanks

There is no message shown, but I'm gonna go out on a limb and say"check the dip switches"

#14823 10 months ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

Help!
Anyone know ?
Thanks

Set your dip switches on the node board to on off on on. .. come wrong from the factory set to Node 8 (all off) and it needs to be a node 2

Key post with picture here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1/page/279#post-7556704

#14824 10 months ago

#14825 10 months ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

Update worked once I changed the switches.
BUT HELP
Side blade LED’s are not working.
Not in game, not in attract mode and not in test ALL LED mode.
What could be wrong ?

Did you do it with the game on?
If so reboot your game it needs to update the board.
And it needs 48 volt power so pull the pin or leave the coin door closed

#14826 10 months ago

#14827 10 months ago
Quoted from j_m_:

it's funny that you mention that. mine was the same, 2 end pieces of foam on the bottom, and 1 on the right end. nothing on the left.
and yet the 1st step of the instructions tell you to remove all [4] pieces of foam.

Mine came broken in the box. I had to ship it back for repair. It was missing the packing on one side and that is the side where the topper broke.

IMG_6882 (resized).jpegIMG_6882 (resized).jpeg
#14828 10 months ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

Help
Rebooted 3 times now.
All node board updates are complete
But side blades LEDs not responsive
[quoted image]

check the black wire, looks like the connector came out

532E5285-591A-4573-99A2-9A4BBDE54B12 (resized).jpeg532E5285-591A-4573-99A2-9A4BBDE54B12 (resized).jpeg
#14829 10 months ago

#14830 10 months ago
Quoted from ateze:

I need some help to understand why i cannot force a ski pass from right to left flipper. Ball travels up the right inlane after right flipping just fine but its momentum dies when returning to the rubber. Left corner nudge just results in a danger but there is not enough force to get the ball across. I use stock flipper rubber and my incline is 6.8.
For those that can successfully do this. What flipper rubber do you use? What incline? Anyone had to make adjustments to help that you can pass along?

Why not post pass? Right to Left is not as easy as Left to Right, but it’s pretty safe.

#14831 10 months ago
Quoted from j_m_:

at $1699, I want that piece of foam that I was shorted. I specifically had my vendor overbox mine after seeing some of the damage on earlier received toppers

It's obviously sloppy work when they are packaging it. The foam in mine had two end caps and one kinda scrap piece. Only one end cap (that holds around the base of the topper was actually where it was supposed to be. Pretty sure mine looks like they broke it trying to push it down into the box.

The whole thing looks like some cheap knockoff. I still want proof these are being built at Stern.. I'm highly suspect.

#14832 10 months ago

I just hope I get my damn topper soon. I'm At the point where I wish I could just cancel my order and reorder from a shop that actually has it in stock. tired of waiting as I Could of had this thing weeks ago. I'm Never preordering ever again!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#14833 10 months ago

Mine was shipped with one foam piece on the end and some cobbled up bubble wrap covering the top.
No damage but clearly a real miss on the approach to packing these Stern.

#14834 10 months ago

they sent me the wrong topper

#14835 10 months ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

Help
Rebooted 3 times now.
All node board updates are complete
But side blades LEDs not responsive
[quoted image]

First question, did you do all of your work with the power off? You should, if you haven’t.

Double check your work with the instructions provided, also you can compare to pics in my previous post, when I installed the LZ kit in my Rush.

It’s either something simple, or you did a no no, if you did anything with power on.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1/page/184#post-7108717

#14836 10 months ago

Problem solved.

Expression Lights are working

I had this wire (picture below) reversed.

Corrected and all good.
Thanks to everyone who replied and advised.

69648DD9-5BE9-448F-966F-25DA9EAF3347 (resized).jpeg69648DD9-5BE9-448F-966F-25DA9EAF3347 (resized).jpeg

#14837 10 months ago

Cmon stern, should of been done like this for $1700. Thanks to Space Coast Pinball, I now like our topper. Very easy 10 minute install. Well done John!!!!

#14838 10 months ago

Outstanding

#14839 10 months ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

Problem solved.
Expression Lights are working
I had this wire (picture below) reversed.
Corrected and all good.
Thanks to everyone who replied and advised.

[quoted image]

Isn't the connector keyed so it can't be plugged in reversed?!

#14840 10 months ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Isn't the connector keyed so it can't be plugged in reversed?!

Do you know how expensive those plastic key pins are? They had to get cost cut, bro.

#14841 10 months ago

Arrived today from Nitro Pinball and had all the foam in correct spots and no damage to the topper! Waiting on Johns led illumination kit to install it. Looks and feels impressive so far!

AF91ABC0-AEFA-4211-AF93-D8D596962377 (resized).jpegAF91ABC0-AEFA-4211-AF93-D8D596962377 (resized).jpeg
#14842 10 months ago

Installed my EL kit this evening. Pretty straight forward and works great. What a huge improvement over "stock". Time frame to install was just a hair longer than listening to all 4 sides of All the World's a Stage on vinyl.

20230602_214615 (resized).jpg20230602_214615 (resized).jpg20230602_224509 (resized).jpg20230602_224509 (resized).jpg
#14843 10 months ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Cmon stern, should of been done like this for $1700. Thanks to Space Coast Pinball, I now like our topper. Very easy 10 minute install. Well done John!!!!

That's killer! Wow.

Delivery of my topper delayed to Tuesday now. Terrible.

#14844 10 months ago
Quoted from Pinplayer1967:Arrived today from Nitro Pinball and had all the foam in correct spots and no damage to the topper! Waiting on Johns led illumination kit to install it. Looks and feels impressive so far!
[quoted image]

What!? It's installed in 10 minutes!!!! Do it.

#14845 10 months ago
Quoted from Vespula:

What!? It's installed in 10 minutes!!!! Do it.

I'm calling shenanigans, it takes at least 15min to install the dozen EMI interference magnets!

I didn't try, but remain fairly certain that without them a space/time portal would generate inside the cabinet. No way Node 10 would survive. LOL

#14846 10 months ago
Quoted from jaycbarnett:

I'm calling shenanigans, it takes at least 15min to install the dozen EMI interference magnets!
I didn't try, but remain fairly certain that without them a space/time portal would generate inside the cabinet. No way Node 10 would survive. LOL

Topper install

#14847 10 months ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Topper install

D'oh! I'm not adequately caffeinated apparently, carry on.

#14848 10 months ago
Quoted from jaycbarnett:

D'oh! I'm not adequately caffeinated apparently, carry on.

I'm waiting on my espresso now....
But looking at the EL pics, I noticed all those... Crazy. Are they ferrite cores? Why are so many needed, or why needed at all?

#14849 10 months ago
Quoted from Vespula:

I'm waiting on my espresso now....
But looking at the EL pics, I noticed all those... Crazy. Are they ferrite cores? Why are so many needed, or why needed at all?

Yep, and 3 different sizes as well, some looped and some not, on CAT5 as well as power. Crazy. PinMonk could probably explain it. FWIW, I ended up with a large one uninstalled and my game hasn't blown up yet. ....yet.

#14850 10 months ago
Quoted from jaycbarnett:

Yep, and 3 different sizes as well, some looped and some not, on CAT5 as well as power. Crazy. PinMonk could probably explain it. FWIW, I ended up with a large one uninstalled and my game hasn't blown up yet. ....yet.

Yeah the kit seems to come with an extra one. The instructions are hard to follow for the ferrite cores, but no matter how I looked at it there was an extra one.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Virginia Beach, VA
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 35.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
WilliPinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

10,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tatamy, PA
$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 17,884 posts in this topic. You are on page 297 of 358.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1/page/297 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.