IMG_3100 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240411_225620072.MP (resized).jpg
20240410_181338 (resized).jpg
IMG_1438 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240407_184826850.MP.jpg
IMG_5558 (resized).jpeg
PNG image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,895 posts in this topic. You are on page 296 of 358.
#14751 11 months ago
Quoted from solid_snake:

I think I located the clicking sound. It's 2 microswitches that are activated by the gears turning. I just sort of fiddled around with it with my fingers and no longer hear the clicking so that's better I guess. Also, do the gears pretty much just turn constantly during the game for everyone? They stop every once in a while but only for a few seconds then they go right back to turning. Just checking to see if that's how it's supposed to be. Thanks.[quoted image]

Quoted from solid_snake:

Yeah I was wondering about that too. They don't seem to line up, but the topper seems to be working fine. Anyone else want to take a pic of theirs? I highlighted in blue the 2 switches and the black arrow circled in orange is what I'm wondering if that's supposed to be touching the switches also (right now it isn't).
Edit: Yeah I think only the front of the 2 microswitches is activating when it rotates. I can get the rear one to register only by manually pressing it in Switch Test
[quoted image]

The motor keeps turning as it's waiting for it's reference to trigger and tell it where it is.

As I won't be spending what amounts to nearly quarter of a game on something that isn't really needed, I can't help further by taking a look.

What I would advise you to do is contact Stern and ask them to send a replacement. They shouldn't be sending S!*t like this out. Whoever built it needs to be flogged as it's so obviously not been done correctly.

#14752 10 months ago

Just got the Email my Expression Lights are shipping out today from Pinball Life thank you can’t wait.

#14753 10 months ago

Anyone here own the Foos pinball yet and care to give a review and how it compares to Rush? I see it sitting at number one on Pinside. Is it really that good?

#14754 10 months ago

#14755 10 months ago
Quoted from jonboy71:

Anyone here own the Foos pinball yet and care to give a review and how it compares to Rush? I see it sitting at number one on Pinside. Is it really that good?

I have played the pro extensively (neighbor has it) and I put about 10 games on an LE over the weekend. Excellent game. Is it better than Rush? Well that depends.

IF you like a lot of flow and/or love the Foo Fighters, this is a better game for you.

IF you like the deeper code, are happy with how your game shoots and love your Rush catalog, you probably prefer Rush.

I would totally own a FF, it's fun. I like Foo Fighters music but I don't love it so the music may not hold me longer term like Rush does. I don't think you can go wrong with either game or both games.

#14756 10 months ago

Foo fighters = “Heavy metal for moms” still cracks me up. For me, RUSH 100% is a better game. Played Foo once and wasn’t wow’d by it at all. Plus I just can’t stand foo’s music.

#14757 10 months ago

Im keeping both but Rush will be hard to beat.Rush music is more my taste but love me some FooToo.Both play Fun.This coming from a Guy who still dont understand all the rules.

#14758 10 months ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I love rush, best game I've bought. Have played it 2 times since ff arrived , only to test the topper

Pretty much same here, I just played some Rush this morning because I felt bad for it . I love Rush and definitely prefer it’s music, but FF is also a great game and though I never cared for their music on the radio I’m finding I like it a lot while playing.

#14759 10 months ago
Quoted from jonboy71:

I see it (Foo) sitting at number one on Pinside. Is it really that good?

Just about every new game that comes out sits at number 1 during the honeymoon...until the next new shiny thing comes along.

#14760 10 months ago
Quoted from solid_snake:

Yeah I was wondering about that too. They don't seem to line up, but the topper seems to be working fine. Anyone else want to take a pic of theirs? I highlighted in blue the 2 switches and the black arrow circled in orange is what I'm wondering if that's supposed to be touching the switches also (right now it isn't).
Edit: Yeah I think only the front of the 2 microswitches is activating when it rotates. I can get the rear one to register only by manually pressing it in Switch Test
[quoted image]

Your hunch is correct. Here is mine, from both the left and right side ("MILLIONS" plastic text is from right, "EXTRA BALL" from left):

IMG_2097 (resized).jpgIMG_2097 (resized).jpgIMG_2098 (resized).jpgIMG_2098 (resized).jpg
#14761 10 months ago

My "extra" topper shipped today.
$1715 will get it shipped to you anywhere in the continental USA.
DM me if interested.

#14762 10 months ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

My "extra" topper shipped today.
$1715 will get it shipped to you anywhere in the continental USA.
DM me if interested.

still cheaper than mine.

#14763 10 months ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

I’ll run it by OutpostKodelia. I’m sure she could do it if there is enough interest.

I'd be in for this! Purchased your "Exit Stage Left" light which was awesome! This is a real opportunity to fix yet another Stern design flaw!

#14764 10 months ago
Quoted from jonboy71:

You're in the Rush thread so of course you'll get replies favoring Rush, but I'll actually throw in that even as a Rush owner and fan of the band and not of Foo, I think Foo is the better game. Rush's layout just doesn't quite flow like it should, Foo is smooth as butter. Rush doesn't open up as a game until you get really good to get deep into the time machine upgrades and album combos and wizard modes, Foo is a fun romp no matter what you're doing. The one area Rush does win is portraying the band better with the real concert media rather than the silly cartoon vibe, but Foo is even perfectly pleasant there too.

#14765 10 months ago

I think both are great. At the moment I like Rush more because of the deeper rules and the fantastic wizard mode. Foo is very easy and the code is not finish yet but I am sure there will come something good.

#14766 10 months ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

You're in the Rush thread so of course you'll get replies favoring Rush, but I'll actually throw in that even as a Rush owner and fan of the band and not of Foo, I think Foo is the better game. Rush's layout just doesn't quite flow like it should, Foo is smooth as butter. Rush doesn't open up as a game until you get really good to get deep into the time machine upgrades and album combos and wizard modes, Foo is a fun romp no matter what you're doing. The one area Rush does win is portraying the band better with the real concert media rather than the silly cartoon vibe, but Foo is even perfectly pleasant there too.

Translation might be that foo is easy but it feels good? I know the code is incomplete and in think some modes aren't even written And it's missing call outs you know it's got a lot of negatives that could really positively change the perception once Stern completes it.
and
I'm looking forward to playing it but the music and sat morning cartoon concept isn't appealing to me on first impression. I will say what I have seen of it... if it was a rock band pin like Rush it would be not even something I would play on location. Do not want to listen to foo music.
But because the music is kind of background and almost secondary to the theme it makes it more tolerable and unique. So that's a positive in my mind because it tones down the music I don't like. But it's almost too unique to call It a rock pin. It's like a cartoon adventure pin with Foo fighter music in the background.
that said
I bet I will like the game on location which might be the same with me as gz ... Fun, yes, but I never care to play it again and definitely not interested to own it.

Rush, my favorite band....Played it on location, couldn't quit hitting the start button. Had to own it. It's Not easy to me at all.... Complicated rules And the more I learn and play the more I love them... Lots of runway.
Feel like I get value from it because of that playing over the years and that it will take me years to get good at Rush which was exactly what I wanted.

I almost just deleted this whole post before sending because I thought, who cares what I think. I still think I'm probably right on that.

#14767 10 months ago

I own a Rush LE, have played a Foo Pro a few times. For me Rush wins on music/band alone but the FF Pro would not get turned away from my collection. To me the nice thing about the FF Pro is the layout seems great to me. I haven't touched a Prem/LE but I think the Pro is a great version *WITH THE EXCEPTION* of the missing EL ability. I'm just way to captivated by that on Rush. And I enjoy the cartoon look of FF especially when I get to focus on it while someone else is playing. If Rush were a 20+ year younger band I bet they wouldn't have been opposed to a similar treatment given how goofy I know they can be. But given where Rush was at for the time of the pin the concert footage treatment seems more appropriate.

In the end it comes down to personal tastes but strip away the bands and I think both are still great machines with FF /maybe/ having an edge.

#14768 10 months ago

I noticed that PBL is selling the playfield plastics for the Pro, (I have the premium).
The only noticeable difference I see in the plastics is the VUK plastic. Are there any other differences?

#14769 10 months ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

Yep, I'm in a Rush thread which is exactly where I wanted to ask the question. Most responses were positive towards Foo. I wanted to see what the general consensus was amongst Rush fans and how it compared to the Rush pin.

#14770 10 months ago
Quoted from jonboy71:

Yep, I'm in a Rush thread which is exactly where I wanted to ask the question. Most responses were positive towards Foo. I wanted to see what the general consensus was amongst Rush fans and how it compared to the Rush pin.

I’ll probably pick up Foo once I finish my latest restoration. They both shoot great but are distinctly different in how they flow.

#14771 10 months ago

RUSH Topper

The Best Topper Ever.

It is the best and coolest topper I have ever seen.
The design is exciting, eye-catching, intriguing, and fits/flows seamlessly with the pin. Really looks like it belongs, as though it was always there.

Game integration with the code looks great so far. Would definitely say it enhances the game and the overall Experience that is R U S H Pinball!

The “darkness” in front of the Radio so far seems to work for me, or rather not an issue at all, as it Enhances the backboard plastic art with space & airships etc. it’s nice.
I like that. I could see it possibly being intentionally that way.

Well done to the design and engineering team on this Topper. You guys knocked it out of the park.

GOAT Topper for the GOAT Pin.

This Pin made me a Rush fan. (True Story)

#14772 10 months ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

Would definitely say it enhances the game and the overall Experience that is R U S H Pinball!

+1

#14773 10 months ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

RUSH Topper
The Best Topper Ever.
The design is exciting, eye-catching, intriguing, and fits/flows seamlessly with the pin. Really looks like it belongs, as though it was always there.
Game integration with the code looks great so far. Would definitely say it enhances the game and the overall Experience that is R U S H Pinball!
The “darkness” in front of the Radio so far seems to work for me, or rather not an issue at all, as it Enhances the backboard plastic art with space & airships etc. it’s nice.
Well done to the design and engineering team on this Topper. You guys knocked it out of the park.

Finally, someone talking about Rush again, and not Foo.....lol.

#14774 10 months ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

RUSH Topper
The Best Topper Ever.

Better than CCr?

Side non topper question- I bought my game with a physical knocker installed and am not sure how to turn it on. I turned off the knocker volume but it didn't work when I hit replay and the q24 standard adjustment knocker isn't there anymore? Any idea how to get it to work?

#14775 10 months ago
Quoted from daveddd14:

Better than CCr?
Side non topper question- I bought my game with a physical knocker installed and am not sure how to turn it on. I turned off the knocker volume but it didn't work when I hit replay and the q24 standard adjustment knocker isn't there anymore? Any idea how to get it to work?

I thought you just had to go into the menu system and switch the knocker from electronic to mechanical?

#14776 10 months ago
Quoted from Vespula:

I thought you just had to go into the menu system and switch the knocker from electronic to mechanical?

Looked through all the menu's, manuals, and other threads and couldn't come up with anything.

#14777 10 months ago
Quoted from daveddd14:

Looked through all the menu's, manuals, and other threads and couldn't come up with anything.

Check this out
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1/page/139#post-6962706

Could be a knocker install key post PinMonk

#14778 10 months ago
Quoted from daveddd14:

Better than CCr?

Yes.
As an overall package, Rush Topper is better.
CCr is very cool and catches the eye, sounds etc
But after seeing it 2-3 times I stopped looking at it
RUSH Topper, just keeps me…engaged.

#14779 10 months ago

Ding ding ding, that was it!

TY

#14780 10 months ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

Yes.

Can’t wait to see one, the Cowboy with the gun raising, moving, and bouncing is the best I’ve seen but haven’t seen them all.

#14781 10 months ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

Yes.

The problem is, you don't need to ever look up at the topper. The game display tells you what your mystery award is. Of the needle looked like it was randomly choosing your award, maybe it would seem like it was "doing something." The needle would appear to have a function, but does not.
I think it looks cool, but still don't see how it is functional or is really integrated into the game other than the led light show. I like it, but still kinda underwhelmed.

#14782 10 months ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I think it looks cool, but still don't see how it is functional or is really integrated into the game other than the led light show.

The album cover lights.

#14783 10 months ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

RUSH Topper
The Best Topper Ever.

Wow... Getting excited. According to tracking my topper arrives Monday from Nitro.

Still no word on my day 1 hour 1 Expression Lights from Flipnout though.

Unbelievable..

#14784 10 months ago
Quoted from upsfeedr:

Just got the Email my Expression Lights are shipping out today from Pinball Life thank you can’t wait.

are you sure its the lights and not just the side blades for the lights? just asking because somebody posted a link and after you read the fine print its just the side blades without the actual lights. very misleading.

#14785 10 months ago
Quoted from kool1:

Wow... Getting excited. According to tracking my topper arrives Monday from Nitro.
Unbelievable..

yeah, not a word either.

#14786 10 months ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

are you sure its the lights and not just the side blades for the lights? just asking because somebody posted a link and after you read the fine print its just the side blades without the actual lights. very misleading.

Hopefully he didn't pay $500 for art blades.

#14787 10 months ago
Quoted from kool1:

Unbelievable..

yes nothing from he did answer my email they blame it on stern

#14788 10 months ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

no its for the whole kit.. im sure they are not just going to sell the art blades for what the whole kit cost.. yes i did see those on there i did email after to purchasre to make sure and Margaret pbl said i got the last kit...

image0 (resized).pngimage0 (resized).png
#14789 10 months ago
Quoted from Vespula:

The album cover lights.

I think those look cool as they light up, but is there an actual function? A reward for getting them all?

#14790 10 months ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I think those look cool as they light up, but is there an actual function? A reward for getting them all?

There is an achievement for all 10.

Plus, (per TiltFourms) Collecting five albums lights the extra ball, and collecting all ten albums adds +1x to all further combo jackpots & allows albums to be collected again.

After scoring the Combo Jackpot, the side ramp lights for Combo Super Jackpot worth 2x the value of the Combo Jackpot. The number of 1-2-3 shots scored determines how long the Combo Super Jackpot is lit for.

#14791 10 months ago

Have to give a shout-out to John_I for his awesome topper light kit! If you play in a dark room you need this mod! Super easy install and looks great. Before and after pics:

4D86EB9C-2853-4282-A4C1-7F93799570FC (resized).jpeg4D86EB9C-2853-4282-A4C1-7F93799570FC (resized).jpegA2D0416B-C7B2-40CF-94BA-EC282A1C9D75 (resized).jpegA2D0416B-C7B2-40CF-94BA-EC282A1C9D75 (resized).jpeg
#14792 10 months ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Plus, (per TiltFourms) Collecting five albums lights the extra ball, and collecting all ten albums adds +1x to all further combo jackpots & allows albums to be collected again.
After scoring the Combo Jackpot, the side ramp lights for Combo Super Jackpot worth 2x the value of the Combo Jackpot. The number of 1-2-3 shots scored determines how long the Combo Super Jackpot is lit for.

Man, I will never be able to learn all of these rules!! That's cool, I always just felt like I was collecting combos for some extra points.

#14793 10 months ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Albums you've collected are lit up on the topper, otherwise this information is only available in the information screens.
Also, I just noticed the album on the topper flashes sometimes, maybe it's indicating I completed the 123 combo and now need to hit the time machine to qualify the album? Maybe it flashes in sync with the yellow bulb on the time machine? Does anyone know?

#14794 10 months ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Man, I will never be able to learn all of these rules!! That's cool, I always just felt like I was collecting combos for some extra points.

I feel the same way but you're making progress. Lots of runway....
I printed this page out.

Pinside_forum_7581236_0 (resized).pngPinside_forum_7581236_0 (resized).png
#14795 10 months ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

Nah, Rush pinball greatest pinball that ever was or ever will be. Foo is very fun though.

#14796 10 months ago

This is an unexpected, easy way to illuminate the topper. I bought a three-pack of these LED lamps for other uses but decided to try one on the machine. You can change the color of the light and adjust brightness. It's magnetic and sticks to the top of the machine nicely, plus it's low-profile. Something to consider if you want to light up the topper. Seems to hold a charge well. You do have to turn it on and off manually.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B58WDT92

#14797 10 months ago
IMG_7494 (resized).jpgIMG_7494 (resized).jpgIMG_7495 (resized).jpgIMG_7495 (resized).jpg
#14798 10 months ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

RUSH Topper
The Best Topper Ever.

For toppers, it is pretty good. There are few toppers out there that are better. I can't help thinking however that it could have used a more robust mechanical system for the price (like actually emulating the numbers on the "Gefilter" using a high speed motor).

The fact that there is no "Cuckoo clock" feature that integrates with the "Working Man" mode is also disappointing.

Adding an additional music track for owners who bought the topper would have also been a huge bonus.

..Just blue-skying here...

#14799 10 months ago
Quoted from kool1:

Unbelievable..

Here's the situation. Distributors and resellers get stock from Stern. Stern only sent FNO a sliver of what it needs to cover orders in the first run. Whether you ordered early or not, there's nothing FNO can do because they have to wait for Stern to make it. I'm sure FNO is just as frustrated as the rest of us... but, Zach says all orders will be fulfilled. So, you don't need to worry about being hung out to dry. Patience, brother.

#14800 10 months ago

Stranger Things UV kit buyers:

IMG_0126 (resized).jpegIMG_0126 (resized).jpeg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
10,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tatamy, PA
$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Pyramid Pinball & Arcade

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

Lighting - Led
Gameroom Mods

$ 35.00
6,799 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sellersburg, IN
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 17,895 posts in this topic. You are on page 296 of 358.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1/page/296 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.