IMG_3100 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240411_225620072.MP (resized).jpg
20240410_181338 (resized).jpg
IMG_1438 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240407_184826850.MP.jpg
IMG_5558 (resized).jpeg
PNG image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,892 posts in this topic. You are on page 290 of 358.
#14451 11 months ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

thanks! I’m gonna have to print that and post it near the game! I’ll never remember all that!

That was a snip.
Here's the original link to the Stern rule sheet listed on tilt forums
https://insider.sternpinball.com/documents/16/Rush-Rulesheet.pdf

#14452 11 months ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

Sorry, I should have been more clear - The only thing the topper did during the 6B game was light the albums as he completed combos and turn the gears when the time machine was ready. We have never seen the topper mystery award kicked off nor figured out how to start topper frenzy.
Is there any way you can make the topper award more frequent? Or maybe a setting to allow us to make it more frequent?
Can you tell us the rules to start topper frenzy?

Check that the game is not on competition mode.

Topper frenzy is just one of the possible topper mystery awards

#14453 11 months ago
Quoted from Theguyoverthere:

Check that the game is not on competition mode.
Topper frenzy is just one of the possible topper mystery awards

Thanks! I will check that setting.

So topper frenzy isn’t something you can qualify and start, it is only one of the mystery awards?

#14454 11 months ago

We finally got our new to us Rush set up and working. Updated the code, and have absolutely been loving game. I am by no means a mod person, but for the first time I find myself more seriously looking at some things.

I just can't get over the pricetag on the topper though... 1700 is a huge huge ask imo.

As is, this may be my favorite Sterns, and certainly one of Borgie's best.

#14455 11 months ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

So topper frenzy isn’t something you can qualify and start, it is only one of the mystery awards?

Yes

#14456 11 months ago
Quoted from thirdedition:

Then maybe it deserves a topper.

#14457 11 months ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Then maybe it deserves a topper.

For half the price, I would more than likely be in...

#14458 11 months ago

Just had a really good (for me) game and knocked my kid's time Traveller high score down. First time I've heard (in a laughing voice) "I think my friend used to have a high score on this game!" LMAO

#14459 11 months ago

We finally got our new to us Rush set up and working. Updated the code, and have absolutely been loving game. I am by no means a mod person, but for the first time I find myself more seriously looking at some things.
I just can't get over the pricetag on the topper though... 1700 is a huge huge ask imo.

Plenty of other good topper choices out there, use the additional money towards other fun items for the game. Welcome to the club!

#14460 11 months ago

So in the expression light instructions is doesn't tell you how to set the dip switches on the included boards?

#14461 11 months ago
Quoted from tslayer71:

So in the expression light instructions is doesn't tell you how to set the dip switches on the included boards?

I haven't gotten mine yet to confirm but all I know is The key post from CrashJT shows a node board sheet. Where he got that I don't know? Maybe it shipped with them.
And apparently the boards appear to be shipping with all the dip switches off which functions as a Node 8.
And it needs to function as a node 02 according to the sheet for optional expression lights.
You have to set the dip switches to tell the game this or you get a collision error alert because two Node 8 boards exist.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1/page/279#post-7556704

#14462 11 months ago

For half the price, I would more than likely be in...

Give it time. . Took me a while too.

#14463 11 months ago
Quoted from SterlingRush:

Plenty of other good topper choices out there, use the additional money towards other fun items for the game. Welcome to the club!

Is that what you did? You got the roll the bones right?

#14464 11 months ago
Quoted from Vespula:

I haven't gotten mine yet to confirm but all I know is The key post from CrashJT shows a node board sheet. Where he got that I don't know? Maybe it shipped with them.
And apparently the boards appear to be shipping with all the dip switches off which functions as a Node 8.
And it needs to function as a node 02 according to the sheet for optional expression lights.
You have to set the dip switches to tell the game this or you get a collision error alert because two Node 8 boards exist.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1/page/279#post-7556704

Thanks! Ya I'm still curious if included instructions give dip switch settings. Maybe someone with expression lighting can confirm this.

#14465 11 months ago
Quoted from tslayer71:

Thanks! Ya I'm still curious if included instructions give dip switch settings. Maybe someone with expression lighting can confirm this.

If that's the only sheet that came with it You really have to do some shrewd deduction, or understand the node board system or have been down this road before. I would not have done it correctly myself and I would have just installed it and come to pinside for the answers! Now if I could just get my expression lights shipped....

#14466 11 months ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Is that what you did? You got the roll the bones right?

Correct, went with Gameroom Mods RtB topper. Worked right out of package, and as expected, no disappointments, lol.

And they make awesome products with great communication:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1167-gameroom-mods/07936-stern-rush-lighted-topper

#14467 11 months ago
Quoted from tslayer71:

Cannot confirm for the Rush version of lights, but I do believe the LZ kit had the dip settings mentioned, I’d have to find the sheet to 100% confirm.

It would be strange to have that info omitted for the Rush sets.

#14468 11 months ago
Quoted from SterlingRush:

Worked right out of package, and as expected, no disappointments, lol.

How it should be. Say, can I borrow some money?

#14469 11 months ago

Keypost Thanks CrashJT,read more on his origional post.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#14470 11 months ago
Quoted from tslayer71:

see above

#14471 11 months ago

That pic shows the Prem/LE version.

Has it been confirmed this is the same dip switch setting for the pro model?

#14472 11 months ago
Quoted from Vespula:

How it should be. Say, can I borrow some money?

If you get in good with them, they might offer a layaway plan, lol.

#14473 11 months ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

[quoted image]

Ya, that sheet came with my pro. So if in the EL instructions they say the board must be a node 2, then technically they've explained it....

#14474 11 months ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

That pic shows the Prem/LE version.
Has it been confirmed this is the same dip switch setting for the pro model?

It's just a generic node board sheet and not express the light specific, but so because the premium & LE both have all the features and all the boards, that's the reference guide.
If you're adding a LE feature such as the expression lights to either your premium or your Pro, then you would Just reference n the description and set the dip switches to be node 2.

But again like I said, I would not have pulled this off without another sheet in the box telling me to set expressionized to node 2.....somebody like me with no experience will not think to reference this not understanding the system so if there was another sheet in there that said expression lights are node 2 set the dip switches according to the included sheet, then I could have done that.

It doesn't matter what model pin you have.... expression lights are controlled by node 2

#14475 11 months ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

[quoted image]

It already is. That's how I found it originally.

#14476 11 months ago

With the way these toppers are going, do we need a new high score option for games with Toppers?

This is possibly the most game integrated topper so far - extra balls and a frenzy mode. Really don’t like the way this is going. I’ve got a feeling Foo topper will be even worse.

#14477 11 months ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I still can't figure out what the adjustment does that changes milliseconds for the topper.
My albums are working, and I've only played a dozen or so games, but the two times I got a topper mystery award weren't very satisfying. The display seems to announce it before the topper indicates so you don't even need to look up at it. It does look nice, but I was hoping the arrow would behave like the spider in scared stiff ... It spins around and then randomly stops on an award as you watch it.
Hoping that someone can explain the settings adjustment, and that as these get out there, a code update improves it a little.
I like the topper, but still feel like a sucker for paying so much.

Stern games all have issues with mystery awards being actually awarded before the screen tells you what you’ve been awarded. Not sure why they can’t code that better. From memory it’s only Spike games I’ve noticed it on.

#14478 11 months ago
Quoted from Vespula:

It already is. That's how I found it originally.

yes ,thats why it starts with Key Post but I did leave out the space between words .Flog me

#14479 11 months ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

yes ,thats why it starts with Key Post but I did leave out the space between words .Flog me

Lol, that response deserves a good gif.

#14480 11 months ago
Quoted from usafstars:

DiabloRush is correct. It doesn’t take much. Just grab half of the scoop from the right side with a cloth and pliers and give it a small bend downwards. That should help push the ball toward the left flipper. May take a few tries but I’m sure you’ll get the right angle.

this worked surprisingly well for me. thanks for the tip. Now Rush plays "right"

#14481 11 months ago

My power dist board died a few weeks ago (now replaced by Stern). No visible damage. I have zero mods installed- all factory parts. I don’t understand how boards like that just go bad in a light use home only environment. Doesn’t seem to happen in any other type of product at the rate it happens in these pins.

#14482 11 months ago
Quoted from Boslaw:

My power dist board died a few weeks ago (now replaced by Stern). No visible damage. I have zero mods installed- all factory parts. I don’t understand how boards like that just go bad in a light use home only environment. Doesn’t seem to happen in any other type of product at the rate it happens in these pins.

How many products have as many parts that all must work together?

#14483 11 months ago

So are all of you requesting kits for the node 10 problem proactively or waiting for an issue to surface? I have an LE and haven’t had a problem, but I also have low plays. I haven’t received any bulletins from Stern.

#14484 11 months ago

Installed the topper and it works great. It looks amazing when it is moving. It does have the same problem that the GoT topper had in that it needs some front lighting. This topper sits back a little further than GoT, so shouldn't be a problem to put in a strip LED in front of it. It just needs a way to mount without letting the LEDs be visible to the player. I have that designed and printing on my 3D printer as I type this. If it works out, I might offer it up on my Pinside shop.

I'm taking a break from installing the Expression Lighting. That ran into a little hiccup. The steel bar on the back of the light strip wouldn't fit into the channel in the cabinet at the spot where it makes the 90 degree bend. A couple of taps with the hammer and wood chisel in a spot that is completely hidden and all was well. The GF has a bad back, so I didn't even try to pull the playfield. I put it up on the lock bar and lifted the rear into the service position. It took a little jockeying, but the lights went in easily. I never remove the playfield to do art blades anyway.

#14485 11 months ago
Quoted from Boslaw:

Did you hear a relay clicking on boot up that goes away?
There are multiple reports of this with FF pins where the caps in pdu are theorized to be barely in spec and causing power issue on boot triggering a relay in the power supply to open and close making that noise. It seems that it stabilizes after boot up. It was tested swapping noisy pdu with a quiet pdu from gz and the problem followed the pdu and gz started clicking.

Here's couple post about it from there..
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/foo-fighters-official-owners-club-rock-aliens/page/76#post-7589346

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/foo-fighters-official-owners-club-rock-aliens/page/76#post-7589519

#14486 11 months ago
Quoted from andrewket:

So are all of you requesting kits for the node 10 problem proactively or waiting for an issue to surface? I have an LE and haven’t had a problem, but I also have low plays. I haven’t received any bulletins from Stern.

I contacted my distributor to try and get a node 10 and motor proactively. They contacted Stern and Stern is not sending these out to anyone that doesn't have issues. Their response is if you haven't had any issues yet, chances are you won't later. Not what I wanted to hear. I picked up a node 10 on my own just in case.

#14487 11 months ago
Quoted from schudel5:

I contacted my distributor to try and get a node 10 and motor proactively. They contacted Stern and Stern is not sending these out to anyone that doesn't have issues. Their response is if you haven't had any issues yet, chances are you won't later. Not what I wanted to hear. I picked up a node 10 on my own just in case.

I also reached out to Stern and was told the same. I'm good with it, I don't think we should expect them to send out parts "in case" something happens, as long as they will do the right thing if it does.

#14488 11 months ago
Quoted from andrewket:

The node 10 board isn’t the problem, it was a batch that had the wrong size pins for the wire gauge on the motor I believe (there’s a long thread). Loose connections etc. we’re also thought to be potential causes, but they probably boiled down to pin size issues. If your board fries and you change it you’ll just fry another board unless you fix the root cause.
Did you check the pins on your motor to see if you have anything to worry about?

#14489 11 months ago
Quoted from mstang01:

The node 10 board isn’t the problem, it was a batch that had the wrong size pins for the wire gauge on the motor I believe (there’s a long thread). Loose connections etc. we’re also thought to be potential causes, but they probably boiled down to pin size issues. If your board fries and you change it you’ll just fry another board unless you fix the root cause.
Did you check the pins on your motor to see if you have anything to worry about?

Don't forget the over tightened zip ties that break the internal small fragile wires were suspected to contribute as well.

#14490 11 months ago

Your wish is my command! See pic below of the upcoming Topper Hardware Cleanup Kit installation from Rocket City Pinball! Note, I have a few comments on things that can/should be changed from this setup, so read on.

I gave an assortment of hardware to my local friend who has the topper, to try out. As expected, it looks SO much better as the hardware now blends in. See arrows in the picture below, and text below that for my comments.

- White arrows: He opted to leave these black instead of replacing them with gold. I think the lower ones look fine, but I'd probably still replace the upper ones. Same goes for the top-most one under 'Rush', black might work here too -- so in the final kit I'll include enough gold screws to replace ALL of the ones in the radio face and you just decide which you want to replace and which you want to leave black.

- Yellow arrows: These should be replaced with silver -- however they're not easily accessible without removing the radio face. He opted to leave them. Depending on how tall you are, these may not be visible from the player's perspective. Again, I will include the necessary quantity of silver screws. All four of the player-facing brackets should have silver screws, except the upper locations on the outermost brackets -- put gold here, as shown in the pic.

- Green arrow: I didn't have enough silver screws (more are on order) so he put a gold one here. This should be silver to blend in better with the Vapor Trails image.

- Black arrows: I provided screws for the gears too (so you don't have a silver screw sticking out of a gold nut); he installed a shorter length screw than the original -- the shorter screw DOES fully engage the locking feature but doesn't protrude from the nut, it sits flush with the nut surface. If everyone's good with this, I'll provide this length. IF ANYONE HAS HEARTBURN HERE, let me know, and I'll get the OEM length so they stick out. I have zero concern from a structural/mechanical standpoint, especially since the locking threads are engaged (in the aerospace industry we generally want two full threads protruding, but as they say, this isn't rocket science) ... it's really more about looks. Does it look clean/good with the screw end flush or do you want protrusion?

Initially we thought about keeping the OEM black screw at the center of the gears and putting a black washer there -- I will provide 4 black washers with the kit in case anyone likes that, but obviously the gold looks great too.

Let me know what you guys think. I had to order up some additional hardware to complete the kit, so I won't be able to ship kits until the new hardware comes in. I also have some end-of-school-year family activity craziness coming up. As such, kits likely won't ship til second week of June.

I'm also playing with some knob replacement ideas, more to follow on those. Please discuss -- headed for a tournament with my daughter, will be back on later!

#14491 11 months ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Your wish is my command! See pic below of the upcoming Topper Hardware Cleanup Kit installation from Rocket City Pinball! Note, I have a few comments on things that can/should be changed from this setup, so read on.
[quoted image]
I gave an assortment of hardware to my local friend who has the topper, to try out. As expected, it looks SO much better as the hardware now blends in. See arrows in the picture below, and text below that for my comments.
[quoted image]
- White arrows: He opted to leave these black instead of replacing them with gold. I think the lower ones look fine, but I'd probably still replace the upper ones. Same goes for the top-most one under 'Rush', black might work here too -- so in the final kit I'll include enough gold screws to replace ALL of the ones in the radio face and you just decide which you want to replace and which you want to leave black.
- Yellow arrows: These should be replaced with silver -- however they're not easily accessible without removing the radio face. He opted to leave them. Depending on how tall you are, these may not be visible from the player's perspective. Again, I will include the necessary quantity of silver screws. All four of the player-facing brackets should have silver screws, except the upper locations on the outermost brackets -- put gold here, as shown in the pic.
- Green arrow: I didn't have enough silver screws (more are on order) so he put a gold one here. This should be silver to blend in better with the Vapor Trails image.
- Black arrows: I provided screws for the gears too (so you don't have a silver screw sticking out of a gold nut); he installed a shorter length screw than the original -- the shorter screw DOES fully engage the locking feature but doesn't protrude from the nut, it sits flush with the nut surface. If everyone's good with this, I'll provide this length. IF ANYONE HAS HEARTBURN HERE, let me know, and I'll get the OEM length so they stick out.
Initially we thought about keeping the OEM black screw at the center of the gears and putting a black washer there -- I will provide 4 black washers with the kit in case anyone likes that, but obviously the gold looks great too.
Let me know what you guys think. I had to order up some additional hardware to complete the kit, so I won't be able to ship kits until the new hardware comes in. I also have some end-of-school-year family activity craziness coming up. As such, kits likely won't ship til second week of June.
I'm also playing with some knob replacement ideas, more to follow on those. Please discuss -- headed for a tournament with my daughter, will be back on later!

Nice work. Agree with your decisions.
Looks great! Let us know when they're ready for order!

#14492 11 months ago

Here's the proper node board setting for the Expression lights.

20230521_135126 (resized).jpg20230521_135126 (resized).jpg

#14493 11 months ago
Screenshot_20230521-125653 (resized).pngScreenshot_20230521-125653 (resized).pngScreenshot_20230521-125807~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20230521-125807~2 (resized).png
#14494 11 months ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

I gave an assortment of hardware to my local friend who has the topper, to try out.

Yes it does look a lot better. The gears especially look better. The other thing is the topper is really, really easy to work on for this mod. The gears come off with a single screw and the rest of the three hardware sets on each gear can be swapped at a workbench and put back on. The front face hardware all goes into tapped holes so there is no tiny backing hardware to lose. Very easy. I was a little lazy and didn't swap out the two black screws along the bottom because they are just a bit tougher to work on.

I just tested a mock up of my topper GI lighting system and it looks better than I had hoped. As I mentioned before, if it works out I'll sell some through my Pinside shop.

#14495 11 months ago
Quoted from spaisley:

So I'm going for the lighting kit, and the shooter knob, but as for the topper? I really would love that, but man... I think I'll order this set for $60 and velcro them on the top.
https://www.rushbackstage.com/product/6XAMRU131/rush-80s-edition-bobblehead-dolls?cp=102112_102214_102531

I've done that already and I think it looks great. The bobblehead effect is fun to see when you're nudging the machine!

IMG-6711 (resized).jpgIMG-6711 (resized).jpg
#14496 11 months ago

Is this what the pinball world is turning into? We're now getting enhancements for $1800 toppers...which are technically a mods...

Next this you know, someone will be selling mods, to modify the mods, which were purchased as mods for the mods that are in your machine.

Is this pinball or Monty Python?

#14497 11 months ago
Quoted from Photopin:

Is this what the pinball world is turning into? We're now getting enhancements for $1800 toppers...which are technically a mods...
Next this you know, someone will be selling mods, to modify the mods, which were purchased as mods for the mods that are in your machine.
Is this pinball or Monty Python?

Welcome to “Pimp Your Pin!”

#14498 11 months ago
Screenshot_20230521_212803_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230521_212803_Chrome (resized).jpg
#14499 11 months ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

How many products have as many parts that all must work together?

Seriously? Thousands. Cars for starters. Also, parts working together has nothing to do with it. Boards generally don't just fail on their own.

#14500 11 months ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Did you hear a relay clicking on boot up that goes away?

I have a Foo too, I'll have to check that.

Rush was working fine for a year. I updated to the latest code and then the board stopped working - no indication of any problem. I'm sure the update was a coincidence, but that is the only thing that changed from working to not working.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Led
Gameroom Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
$ 35.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

There are 17,892 posts in this topic. You are on page 290 of 358.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1/page/290?hl=diablorush and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.