IMG_3100 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240411_225620072.MP (resized).jpg
20240410_181338 (resized).jpg
IMG_1438 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240407_184826850.MP.jpg
IMG_5558 (resized).jpeg
PNG image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,895 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 358.
#1401 2 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

I know this is the club thread and know most here (similar to myself) are probably big Rush fans, but I just got my LE and played it several times last night and feel a bit like I am missing something that everyone else is seeing.
Did you all immediately like the game? Because (so far anyway) I am not feeling any love for this game. Feels like the 2 scoops are like a black hole in the center of the playfield sucking everything into it… and the ruleset feels (again, so far) confusing and chaotic. Hoping with more plays something will click for me.

No, I had the same feeling. Once you start learning the rules, shots, getting better at the game it starts to open up. If you flip the game and don’t know what to do, it kinda is really meh.

Go watch the latest stream with ray day, I guess they go over rules etc

#1402 2 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

I know this is the club thread and know most here (similar to myself) are probably big Rush fans, but I just got my LE and played it several times last night and feel a bit like I am missing something that everyone else is seeing.
Did you all immediately like the game? Because (so far anyway) I am not feeling any love for this game. Feels like the 2 scoops are like a black hole in the center of the playfield sucking everything into it… and the ruleset feels (again, so far) confusing and chaotic. Hoping with more plays something will click for me.

It’s the scoop! It’s clunky and takes some brutal blows that give off cringeworthy metal on metal sounds. I personally love this game but the scoop in that location was dumb and would have been better left off.

#1403 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinplayer1967:

It’s the scoop! It’s clunky and takes some brutal blows that give off cringeworthy metal on metal sounds. I personally love this game but the scoop in that location was dumb and would have been better left off.

I think that is probably the main thing(s) that I am having trouble getting past here. It felt like I was spending most of my time trying to avoid them, as opposed to hitting something specific and it felt really distracting.

#1404 2 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

Game shoots amazingly well, but IMHO the rules are nigh on impossible to understand/enjoy without having fully read the rules sheet (tome)/watched a video. So make sure you do that. It greatly improved the experience for me.

(The core rules go way beyond what's understandable via inserts on the pf, unlike eg GZ, where you can basically just figure it out in a couple of games. Rules sheet at times feels a bit more like a spec sheet for a complex hardware/software system than for pinball. Eg, see active multiball light patterns instead of just having inserts. That said, it gives a ton of rules flexibility which will be a nice long term net benefit.)

#1405 2 years ago

Anyone know why RUSH LE is not in the machine list?

#1406 2 years ago
Quoted from kool1:

It's too bad because I would have loved an LE but there was no chance of getting one in the Toronto area.

I'm new to this site, but I have noticed that there is next to nothing on the market place for Canadians which is too bad.

Are there Canadians on here that have ever purchased from someone in the US? I'm wondering how much added expense there is beyond shipping. I would imagine there would be tariffs and taxes at the border which would add up to some Big Money.

#1407 2 years ago

I love the game. I do need to dial in the sound...doesn't sound great yet. Have no clue what I"m doing but I feel like that is how Rush is supposed to be. I have no idea what most of their lyrics or art reference are about. Its fitting! I'm also trying to avoid the scoop but others in my family play and wack it every time. At the end of their game I'm like, "ok lets play a different game I see some dirt on the plalyfield I'd like to clean up". I don't like being like that but I'm totally babying this game right now due to the scoop.

#1408 2 years ago

#299 is in the house... setup was very smooth. No troubles with leg bolts or anything else.

First test game without setting pitch was a ripper personal best... Turned out it was 7.55... way steeper than normal but played great. Went back to 6.75, plays great too, but maybe you steep pitch folks are onto something

Love the light show, and the humor callouts are great. Hearing Geddy say numbnuts is hilarious!

20220226_085723 (resized).jpg20220226_085723 (resized).jpg
#1409 2 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

Did you all immediately like the game? Because (so far anyway) I am not feeling any love for this game. Feels like the 2 scoops are like a black hole in the center of the playfield sucking everything into it… and the ruleset feels (again, so far) confusing and chaotic.

I liked it right away, and I was skeptical since I’ve had X-Men already & don’t like tournament calculator rules. But it doesn’t feel like X-Men and the Rushiness of the presentation sucked me in right away. The scoop doesn’t bother me, but I’ve been playing Ultraman all week and that has 48 scoops.

#1410 2 years ago

Setup my LE a couple days ago - been too busy playing to post!

The artwork is just stunning. Love the guitar strings in the armor, the backglass mirroring.

Love the gameplay just as much as the pro I played several weeks ago. A couple differences from the pro but very much the same. Smooth as butter ramp shots.

The dead end shot that comes rocketing back at you on the Pro is replaced with the time machine shot when the ramp is down. It doesn't rocket back at you the same but it feels equally as weird.

Loving insider connect. Took a screen shot of my QR code to make it easy to log in.

I dropped the flipper power to mid - just as fun and not as many air balls.

Switched the speaker impedance to 4 ohms
Connected a 12" sub to CN5
Raised the treble and mids on the backbox speakers
Set the music attenuation to -20
Sounds REALLY great now!

Dropped the trough eject and auto launch power.

Upgraded over WIFI - worked perfectly - took about an hour so don't try if you are in a hurry.

#1411 2 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

Setup my LE a couple days ago - been too busy playing to post!
The artwork is just stunning. Love the guitar strings in the armor, the backglass mirroring.
Love the gameplay just as much as the pro I played several weeks ago. A couple differences from the pro but very much the same. Smooth as butter ramp shots.
The dead end shot that comes rocketing back at you on the Pro is replaced with the time machine shot when the ramp is down. It doesn't rocket back at you the same but it feels equally as weird.
Loving insider connect. Took a screen shot of my QR code to make it easy to log in.
I dropped the flipper power to mid - just as fun and not as many air balls.
Switched the speaker impedance to 4 ohms
Connected a 12" sub to CN5
Raised the treble and mids on the backbox speakers
Set the music attenuation to -20
Sounds REALLY great now!
Dropped the trough eject and auto launch power.
Upgraded over WIFI - worked perfectly - took about an hour so don't try if you are in a hurry.

what product did you use to connect your ext subwoofer?

#1412 2 years ago
Quoted from Jcanuck72:

I'm new to this site, but I have noticed that there is next to nothing on the market place for Canadians which is too bad.
Are there Canadians on here that have ever purchased from someone in the US? I'm wondering how much added expense there is beyond shipping. I would imagine there would be tariffs and taxes at the border which would add up to some Big Money.

Hey as a Canadian collector who has always bought a lot of machines and sold many outside of Canada there is only HST on the Canadian dollar value of the machine . It’s fairly simple to purchase .

In my Honest opinion for why there is not as many in the market here is cause it’s a soft market for my experience buyers are cheaper and don’t just drop the cash or commit to buying usually days of questions calls videos etc and no sale at the end . Again this is my personal experience only… but if I post one for sale in the USA and the price is at current market value or below it’s snapped up easily after a good description and pics are exchanged ..

Hope that helps ..

If you ever want something brought into Canada let me know I’m happy to help as long as your willing to commit with prompt payment it’s very simple process .

Cheers

#1413 2 years ago
Quoted from upsfeedr:

what product did you use to connect your ext subwoofer?

I made my own cable using 0.100 molex connector and pins.

#1414 2 years ago

Alright i have to ask, bc I also consider home theater to be somewhat of a hobby.

I’ve never heard of changing a speakers impedance using a simple menu setting like this. The speakers are rated at 8ohms for a reason I’d think. By lowering impedance to 4ohms you’re lowering resistance and drawing more power from what already seems to be an insufficient amp.

So maybe an audio expert can explain whats happening here and if this is really a good idea?

#1415 2 years ago
Quoted from Localspeedshop:

Hey as a Canadian collector who has always bought a lot of machines and sold many outside of Canada there is only HST on the Canadian dollar value of the machine . It’s fairly simple to purchase .
In my Honest opinion for why there is not as many in the market here is cause it’s a soft market for my experience buyers are cheaper and don’t just drop the cash or commit to buying usually days of questions calls videos etc and no sale at the end . Again this is my personal experience only… but if I post one for sale in the USA and the price is at current market value or below it’s snapped up easily after a good description and pics are exchanged ..
Hope that helps ..
If you ever want something brought into Canada let me know I’m happy to help as long as your willing to commit with prompt payment it’s very simple process .
Cheers

Thank you for posting this.

#1416 2 years ago

More pictures. Side art detail is impressive. I do hope the add more concert footage and YYZ wizard mode.

20220225_150815 (resized).jpg20220225_150815 (resized).jpg20220225_152031 (resized).jpg20220225_152031 (resized).jpg
#1417 2 years ago

Not sure if this is correct RUSH thread for this but, I’m seriously hoping they make a great topper for this machine!
Any rumors about a possible design?
I still feel this missed out on a spinning drum set on the play field.
Maybe this could be part of topper design?
Also figured they would utilize the Dragon somewhere but, that didn’t happen.
That should have been the “match”
Screen video with dragon flying at you blowing fire with the match #.
Kind of like the concert footage
Just my longtime Rush fan input

#1418 2 years ago
Quoted from J-drum11:

Not sure if this is correct RUSH thread for this but, I’m seriously hoping they make a great topper for this machine!
Any rumors about a possible design yet?
I

#1419 2 years ago

What is the impressions for the clockwork drum for LE owners?
Does it integrate pretty well in the game?
Would be cool to work in a drum solo or midnight madness mode since it keeps real time.

#1420 2 years ago
Quoted from Photopin:

When I first unboxed mine on Sunday I had an issue with the flippers going dead during the first two-to-four games. It already had the 0.88 code on it, which had just came out. After that, I played it for about a week with no issues at all.
Tonight, I played about six games then installed 0.89. On the first game I started having the flippers go dead again.
I went into diagnostics and ran the Tech Report and it came up with nothing.
Is anybody else having this issue?
I'm wondering if it has something to do with the installation of new code and just needs a couple of games to get things ironed out.

This morning I got back on thew machine hoping a reboot of shutting it down then restarting would fix the problem. It was actually first. I played an entire game where the flippers did not work for a single shot

Quoted from Photopin:

When I first unboxed mine on Sunday I had an issue with the flippers going dead during the first two-to-four games. It already had the 0.88 code on it, which had just came out. After that, I played it for about a week with no issues at all.
Tonight, I played about six games then installed 0.89. On the first game I started having the flippers go dead again.
I went into diagnostics and ran the Tech Report and it came up with nothing.
Is anybody else having this issue?
I'm wondering if it has something to do with the installation of new code and just needs a couple of games to get things ironed out.

I was hoping things would be better this morning after shutting off the game and restarting but it was actually worse. I couldn't even get through 3 balls where it would let me hit it once. However, when I ran the Tech Report this morning I got this message.

Any ideas?

IMG_20220226_123021209 (resized).jpgIMG_20220226_123021209 (resized).jpg
#1421 2 years ago

Hope that helps ..
Cheers

Thanks for this. It's helpful to someone new to the hobby.

#1422 2 years ago
Quoted from Photopin:

This morning I got back on thew machine hoping a reboot of shutting it down then restarting would fix the problem. It was actually first. I played an entire game where the flippers did not work for a single shot

I was hoping things would be better this morning after shutting off the game and restarting but it was actually worse. I couldn't even get through 3 balls where it would let me hit it once. However, when I ran the Tech Report this morning I got this message.
Any ideas?[quoted image]

Had the same issue on another game. You probably have a bulb shorting out.
Does part of the g i go dark when flippers die? If so go through that section with a good bulb and find the culprit.
One guy posted on pinside that it wasn’t until he blew up pics of sockets that he found a tiny copper wire in the socket...
Re seat all bulbs and cat 6 cables and report back.

#1423 2 years ago
Quoted from tominator:

Had the same issue on another game. You probably have a bulb shorting out.
Does part of the g i go dark when flippers die? If so go through that section with a good bulb and find the culprit.
One guy posted on pinside that it wasn’t until he blew up pics of sockets that he found a tiny copper wire in the socket...
Re seat all bulbs and cat 6 cables and report back.

By 'that section' do you mean the lower play field?

#1424 2 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

What is the impressions for the clockwork drum for LE owners?
Does it integrate pretty well in the game?
Would be cool to work in a drum solo or midnight madness mode since it keeps real time.

Yes, because there's never any opportunity to look up at the screen to see what time you've progressed to, whereas the clock is right there in the game so you can easily glance at it without taking your eyes away from the action.

#1425 2 years ago
Quoted from Photopin:

By 'that section' do you mean the lower play field?

The playfield GI is powered in sections. Does just the lower GI go out? Usually if it's a short in a bulb or bulb socket, there's a second page on the tech message to tell you what section to check. But since you just have 1/1 there's no second page here.

So basically to narrow down where the short is, you need to unplug connectors from Node8 one at a time and play. You'll lose insert or GI lighting for that area, but if it solves the problem you know where to look.

So on node 8 (the rectangular board by the flippers under the playfield) unplug

Connector labeled CN15 - bottom GI red/white/blue

And then play and report back.

#1426 2 years ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

Alright i have to ask, bc I also consider home theater to be somewhat of a hobby.
I’ve never heard of changing a speakers impedance using a simple menu setting like this. The speakers are rated at 8ohms for a reason I’d think. By lowering impedance to 4ohms you’re lowering resistance and drawing more power from what already seems to be an insufficient amp.
So maybe an audio expert can explain whats happening here and if this is really a good idea?

The upgraded speakers in the backbox are are 4 ohms in the LE.

#1427 2 years ago

Hope that helps ..
Cheers

My buddy picks up pins in NY regularly but I think in the case of Rush, Toronto demand for LEs was off the chart being their hometown.

I know of 2 people that should have been able to get one because of past business with the distro and didn't. This was my first NIB so I was never getting one.

#1428 2 years ago
Quoted from Jcanuck72:

I have bought a few machines in the US, Shadow, GnR, LZ, WPT, etc. Some times I drive down and pick them up directly or other times I had them shipped to a depot near Niagara Falls. They will receive a skid for $30US. Then you present the receipt at the Canadian border customs office and pay your 13% based on what you paid for the game. If you stay over 48 hours, the first $800 is tax free. Never actually shipped a game across the border.

#1429 2 years ago

Had 4 balls in the scoop at once, seem to handle it ok. Have it set at the lowest setting.

#1430 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

I have bought a few machines in the US, Shadow, GnR, LZ, WPT, etc. Some times I drive down and pick them up directly or other times I had them shipped to a depot near Niagara Falls. They will receive a skid for $30US. Then you present the receipt at the Canadian border customs office and pay your 13% based on what you paid for the game. If you stay over 48 hours, the first $800 is tax free. Never actually shipped a game across the border.

Which depot in Niagara did you use?

I used Shippsy to get stuff here and NY address for Niagara pick ups in the past.

#1431 2 years ago

Having an issue with my LE. Ive had it for two days and the game has been working fine. .89 code has been running for a day and a half. All of a sudden today the game will not boot up. Upon powering up I get the quick initializing Stern logo screen, and then the image of a rush album but the game will not power up beyond this screen no matter how many times I turn it off and on. No lights on the play field or the back box or the QR code reader, etc. It’s just frozen. Any thoughts on how to rectify this?

#1432 2 years ago
Quoted from BeeGee6533:

Having an issue with my LE. Ive had it for two days and the game has been working fine. .89 code has been running for a day and a half. All of a sudden today the game will not boot up. Upon powering up I get the quick initializing Stern logo screen, and then the image of a rush album but the game will not power up beyond this screen no matter how many times I turn it off and on. No lights on the play field or the back box or the QR code reader, etc. It’s just frozen. Any thoughts on how to rectify this?

Remove SD card from back box and flash a brand new one from instructions under support on Sterns site.
These cards have often been flakey from the factory.

#1433 2 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Remove SD card from back box and flash a brand new one from instructions under support on Sterns site.
These cards have often been flakey from the factory.

thx! I’ll give it a try

#1434 2 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Potential bug in 0.89 code... was had just started Far Cry multiball then got an extra ball and the game froze up. Not sure if that's what triggered it, but that's the first lockup I've had. Had no lockups ever during 0.88, and 1st game into 0.89 crashes, so almost certainly new code related. I'm liking everything else about it though!

I had exactly the same thing happen. Must be a code issue.

974805A0-52AC-435D-AB68-F11501E5D20F (resized).jpeg974805A0-52AC-435D-AB68-F11501E5D20F (resized).jpeg
#1435 2 years ago

Beautiful great playing game. Still tweaking things but we’re having a good time with this one. Thanks GAP!

17599F66-7268-4CF2-9384-6E90E7DC5A43 (resized).jpeg17599F66-7268-4CF2-9384-6E90E7DC5A43 (resized).jpeg85A452E5-B92C-4E83-BB3B-92C91103F5BB (resized).jpeg85A452E5-B92C-4E83-BB3B-92C91103F5BB (resized).jpegA1240758-655E-454F-B8A0-0B004944AD11 (resized).jpegA1240758-655E-454F-B8A0-0B004944AD11 (resized).jpeg
#1436 2 years ago

These game rooms are looking great … Rush fits right in!!

#1437 2 years ago

Looks like a premium sighting at Logan Arcade. Is this just for a release party or is anyone hearing theirs is on the way?

#1438 2 years ago

Not sure if anyone else has tried this but I been holding off playing my pro cause of possible chipping issues. The other night I was on my way to a tournament 2 hours away and I was thinking why don’t I try copy what stern did. I end up making a protector similar to sterns today out of lexan. I first bent my original stern provided protector back as close to factory as possible. And made tgis and installed it. Seems to be holding up well which is good cause our release tournament is tomorrow. It’s a bit crude but it will do the job until I get a replacement or make a 2.0 version.

39A26567-1872-4050-BC9E-59BD0F90369F (resized).jpeg39A26567-1872-4050-BC9E-59BD0F90369F (resized).jpeg69DFED2A-13EB-4AA3-892D-86E682218513 (resized).jpeg69DFED2A-13EB-4AA3-892D-86E682218513 (resized).jpeg
#1439 2 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

These game rooms are looking great … Rush fits right in!!

Now that I have my music trilogy (AC/DC, Met, Rush), I’m debating whether to put them together or keep them in separate spots. Visually I think they’ll look cool together - but I feel like if all 3 are being played at once, all that competing music becomes an issue.

#1440 2 years ago
Quoted from kool1:

Which depot in Niagara did you use?
I used Shippsy to get stuff here and NY address for Niagara pick ups in the past.

UPS Lewiston, great service.

#1441 2 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

Agree 100%. I played last week and I have no idea what is going on. I plan to watch some video play and read the rules. The machine has no call outs to tell you what to hit etc? I am currently disappointed with the coding I can tell you that. The music is great though. Big RUSH fan for over 30 years.

#1442 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Beautiful great playing game. Still tweaking things but we’re having a good time with this one. Thanks GAP!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

can i ask what are you using for the external subwoofer?

thanks

#1443 2 years ago

Live stream with programmer. I’m still trying figure out how I got 3 Billion GC.

#1444 2 years ago
Quoted from upsfeedr:

can i ask what are you using for the external subwoofer?
thanks

Rush has a Polk 10” as a test for now and my other 3 are Klipsch Reference 12”

The Klipsch’s sound way better

#1445 2 years ago

♥️♥️

09DC448A-118A-4D54-A730-039E29E660F6 (resized).jpeg09DC448A-118A-4D54-A730-039E29E660F6 (resized).jpeg
#1446 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Rush has a Polk 10” as a test for now and my other 3 are Klipsch Reference 12”
The Klipsch’s sound way better

sorry should have asked what are you using to hook up your subwoofer.. i have extra REL sub that im going to use

Pinwoofer ect?

#1447 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Now that I have my music trilogy (AC/DC, Met, Rush), I’m debating whether to put them together or keep them in separate spots. Visually I think they’ll look cool together - but I feel like if all 3 are being played at once, all that competing music becomes an issue.

I go music pin every other for this very reason. Love how they look together but its a lot of music when played next to each other.

#1448 2 years ago
Quoted from upsfeedr:

sorry should have asked what are you using to hook up your subwoofer.. i have extra REL sub that im going to use
Pinwoofer ect?

Just soldered a speaker cable to the cabinet Speaker terminals and ran it to the sub.

#1449 2 years ago

Cracked a billion! I dunno if that’s good for this game or not, but I’ll take it.

This is def a longer playing more Multiball heavy game than the Elwin Sterns I’ve gotten used to - but I think that’s OK for this theme. When a pin is based on a band with long songs, a longer game seems to be the move. I can listen to Rush on a loop while sitting there doing nothing - I can listen to them while playing a long pinball game.

437F5014-CBB9-4A55-9E99-E9E5E3E8842B (resized).jpeg437F5014-CBB9-4A55-9E99-E9E5E3E8842B (resized).jpeg

#1450 2 years ago

Until there is a formal jukebox mode, you can just start a game, select a song and it will play the song to the end with the ball sitting in the shooter lane. When it finishes playing that song, it starts playing the next. Jukebox mode!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oxford, GA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

6,799 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sellersburg, IN
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 229.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Virginia Beach, VA
$ 16.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lermods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 17,895 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 358.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1/page/29 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.