IMG_6410 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2562 (resized).jpg
IMG_2578 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2574 (resized).jpeg
20240322_163542 (resized).jpg
20240322_163631 (resized).jpg
20240319_194137 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,884 posts in this topic. You are on page 288 of 358.
#14351 11 months ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

. Something that (oddly) no one seems to talk about is if you have an issue with the pin, Stern will actually help you. .....

On one hand, I'm always amazed people will buy a $7-$10k piece of equipment and then spend more money fixing issues vs putting it on Stern. On the other hand, I got sick of trying to "fix" the rattly plunge and bought the $20 mod. I hated doing that, but it's a 98% fix and no more contacting Stern about "is my shooter rod aligned".

I agree. It can go both ways depending on the complexity and admission and understanding of the problem.
I busted the lower scoop bulb with a air ball (twice actually) and the first time I had the green time machine bulb left in my parts from installing the bulb mod so that was quick and easy. But at the same time
I opened a ticket with Stern and they promptly sent me 5 green bulbs after verifying my eligibility. I only expected 1 honestly.
Recently I blew it out a second time the same way and so now I'm down to 4 replacements. Thankfully they aren't glass.

#14352 11 months ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

Yes, it works great. No, I don't have a part number. Something that (oddly) no one seems to talk about is if you have an issue with the pin, Stern will actually help you. They have that inner loop fix. It takes less than five minutes to install, and has worked 100% for me since installation.
On one hand, I'm always amazed people will buy a $7-$10k piece of equipment and then spend more money fixing issues vs putting it on Stern. On the other hand, I got sick of trying to "fix" the rattly plunge and bought the $20 mod. I hated doing that, but it's a 98% fix and no more contacting Stern about "is my shooter rod aligned".

Another thing that will help the plunge is getting those playfield centering pieces that Stern omitted on Rush to save 3 cents. That will keep the playfield snug in the game and it can't move from side to side after you get your plunger centered. I hope I'm making sense on that.

#14353 11 months ago
Quoted from Vespula:

I agree. It can go both ways depending on the complexity and admission and understanding of the problem.
I busted the lower scoop bulb with a air ball (twice actually) and the first time I had the green time machine bulb left in my parts from installing the bulb mod so that was quick and easy. But at the same time
I opened a ticket with Stern and they promptly sent me 5 green bulbs after verifying my eligibility. I only expected 1 honestly.
Recently I blew it out a second time the same way and so now I'm down to 4 replacements. Thankfully they aren't glass.

You put in a ticket for a 50 cent repair?

#14354 11 months ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

after you get your plunger centered

I need to do this centering first. My plunge degraded after installing the shooter but I just put it on so it's my doing... Clearly didn't get lucky.
You are making sense on the guides, although my first Stern and so I can't say I know what these are, what they look like, where they go, or where to get them.
If my adjustment of the rod gets me where I need to be for a full plunge around the playfield then I'll call it good. Right now I just barely makes it past the top flipper and the plus side is I really can't miss a skill shot plunge....unless I don't pull it all the way back.

#14355 11 months ago
Quoted from Vespula:I need to do this centering first. My plunge degraded after installing the shooter but I just put it on so it's my doing... Clearly didn't get lucky.
You are making sense on the guides, although my first Stern and so I can't say I know what these are, what they look like, where they go, or where to get them.
If my adjustment of the rod gets me where I need to be to her about to full plunge around the playfield then I'll call it good. Right now I just makes it past the top flipper and really can't miss a skill shot plunge....unless I don't pull it all the way back.

Before removing the stock shooter, I place blue painters tape along the top and one side of the stock shooter housing to mark the alignment of the original. That allows you to place the new housing in the same alignment as the original.

#14356 11 months ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

You put in a ticket for a 50 cent repair?

Translation: "why didn't I think of that"

#14357 11 months ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

Before removing the stock shooter, I place blue painters tape along the top and one side of the stock shooter housing to mark the alignment of the original. That allows you to place the new housing in the same alignment as the original.

Now ya tell me. Lol. Thanks. Any tips on what to do when it's too late and you didn't mark it ?
I'm in the loosen screws , adjust, and test and repeat loop until I manage to get it right. Which is probably the answer. No biggie, we'll see how many times it takes me.

It's a good trick, but joke is on me.... Is it so hard for Stern to add that trick/suggestion in the install instructions.

#14358 11 months ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Man that looks great! Thx. I'll look forward to seeing rocket city offer the gold hardware cleanup kit for it.

Hadn't thought of that! @skyking2301, don't know if you have access to a topper or think this is a worthwile upgrade but if you're interested and since I've already got your kit still to install reach out to me if you want help figuring out the hardware.

Another thing that will help the plunge is getting those playfield centering pieces that Stern omitted on Rush to save 3 cents. That will keep the playfield snug in the game and it can't move from side to side after you get your plunger centered. I hope I'm making sense on that.

I can't say I've seen what you're talking about, but it makes sense to me. My plunge is doing great with the NinjaCamp mod but I'm curious to look into snugging up the playfield.

#14359 11 months ago
Quoted from Big_Whoopin:

Hadn't thought of that! SkyKing2301, don't know if you have access to a topper or think this is a worthwile upgrade but if you're interested and since I've already got your kit still to install reach out to me if you want help figuring out the hardware.

I can't say I've seen what you're talking about, but it makes sense to me. My plunge is doing great with the NinjaCamp mod but I'm curious to look into snugging up the playfield.

I can't seem to find a pic of these inside a game, but if you own Sterns that are not Rush or Godzilla, they are there. I "think" they brought them back for Bond and forward, but maybe Bond is missing them too.

Found it. Here is a post showing what they are and where they go:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/285#post-7098733

#14360 11 months ago

I can't seem to find a pic of these inside a game, but if you own Sterns that are not Rush or Godzilla, they are there. I "think" they brought them back for Bond and forward, but maybe Bond is missing them too.
Here is a post showing what they are and where they go:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/285#post-7098733

I can confirm, that my Bond has them in the cab. My GZ and Rush do not.

#14361 11 months ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

I can confirm, that my Bond has them in the cab. My GZ and Rush do not.

Sweet, thanks for the confirmation. Yeah, Stern introduced shooter problems in those 2 games by omitting these. Every owner of these games should email them and demand a set of those. They obviously realized it caused a problem and back tracked.

#14362 11 months ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Now ya tell me. Lol. Thanks. Any tips on what to do when it's too late and you didn't mark it ?
I'm in the loosen screws , adjust, and test and repeat loop until I manage to get it right. Which is probably the answer. No biggie, we'll see how many times it takes me.

It's a good trick, but joke is on me.... Is it so hard for Stern to add that trick/suggestion in the install instructions.

To be fair, the tape trick only works when the shooter is aligned properly at the factory.

Loosen very loose the 2 red screws. Slightly loosen the 3 Phillips head screws so it’s still holds tight but you can move the housing. Lower the playfield into position and line the tip of the shooter to be centered on the ball. Make sure the housing stays square to the decal cutout (this is purely cosmetic). Carefully lift the PF witout bumping the shooter. Tighten the screws, Phillips first then the red screws.

#14363 11 months ago

Got it.
Tribal knowledge sharing rocks!
Thank you.

#14364 11 months ago

Canadian power duo:

#14365 11 months ago
Quoted from Maken:

Canadian power duo:

Wow, thanks! I can get into this! (Crown Lands)

Talk about Rush-influenced! The bio on their own website mentions Rush six times.

Golly, they are almost more impressive than Rush, if such a thing is possible. The drummer (no slouch) also sings, and the guitar/keyboard guy plays guitar, bass, keyboard and pedals. If Rush's three members made a lot of sound, here's two musicians making nearly as much! The only thing missing is intricate bass lines coinciding with complex guitar...

#14366 11 months ago

Rush expression light kits are available at Marco specialties. Just purchased one.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#14367 11 months ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Wow, thanks! I can get into this! (Crown Lands)
Talk about Rush-influenced! The bio on their own website mentions Rush six times.
Golly, they are almost more impressive than Rush, if such a thing is possible. The drummer (no slouch) also sings, and the guitar/keyboard guy plays guitar, bass, keyboard and pedals. If Rush's three members made a lot of sound, here's two musicians making nearly as much! The only thing missing is intricate bass lines coinciding with complex guitar...

You're welcome! Happy to share this fantastic band with other Rush fans. Their new album, Fearless, just came out recently and it's great. Please support them!

#14368 11 months ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

Rush expression light kits are available at Marco specialties. Just purchased one.

Just got an email that toppers are in stock as well

#14369 11 months ago

yup just ordered both!

#14370 11 months ago

Anybody order from game exchange and hear anything on expression lights yet?

#14371 11 months ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

not now thet are not

Screenshot 2023-05-17 at 12-41-02 502-8013-T1 - RUSH (Stern) Expression Lighting System (resized).pngScreenshot 2023-05-17 at 12-41-02 502-8013-T1 - RUSH (Stern) Expression Lighting System (resized).png
#14372 11 months ago

very frustrated with GAME EXCHANGE.. they are a big distributor. so far crickets about the topper or expression lights.. although I did just get my plunger from them..

#14373 11 months ago

The accepted business practices in this community are questionable at best. Prepaying large amounts and then waiting months for delivery is not only questionable, it violates most credit card company rules. Non-refundable deposits are also strictly controlled by the credit card companies, and nearly every supplier in this community violates those, too.

Its frustrating to put in an order with a well-known business, then 1) have them go radio silent while, 2) other distributors advertise the same parts as available with immediate shipment.

I'm just as guilty as anyone as I pre-order under these rules, too. Lesson learned. This should be my last full-pay-up-front preorder.

#14374 11 months ago

Same here. Plain and simple - pricing has just gotten stupid and I’m sick of waiting for shit to become available.

#14375 11 months ago
Quoted from PBINTHESOUTH:

very frustrated with GAME EXCHANGE.. they are a big distributor. so far crickets about the topper or expression lights.. although I did just get my plunger from them..

I'm guessing this has more to do with Stern than the distributor. JJ has always been great and as with buying anything new as of late, I just need to be patient.

#14376 11 months ago

Well, UPS tried their best to smash mine....

But it made it and it's pretty cool!

IMG_20230517_163118540_HDR (resized).jpgIMG_20230517_163118540_HDR (resized).jpgIMG_20230517_170917310_HDR (resized).jpgIMG_20230517_170917310_HDR (resized).jpg
#14377 11 months ago

I tried posting a video, but apparently pinside doesn't like the format my phone saves them in

#14378 11 months ago
Quoted from Vespula:

I'll look forward to seeing rocket city offer the gold hardware cleanup kit for it.

Quoted from Big_Whoopin:

Hadn't thought of that! SkyKing2301, don't know if you have access to a topper or think this is a worthwile upgrade but if you're interested and since I've already got your kit still to install reach out to me if you want help figuring out the hardware..

Thanks for thinking of me guys, yes, this topper definitely needs a hardware cleanup kit and yes I'll definitely put one together! I have a local friend who got the topper so I'm already working with him right now to build up the BoM. I'll get a placeholder in my shop later tonight.

#14379 11 months ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Wow, that was a valiant effort by UPS. I’m surprised it survived that abuse!

#14380 11 months ago

All 4 accessories arrived today.
I have Prem translite in signed by Borg.
I won't be installing art blades in hopes of stepping into a Premium at some point.

20230517_164437 (resized).jpg20230517_164437 (resized).jpg
#14381 11 months ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I played a handful of games just to watch it move. First topper purchase ever and I get it now.

#14382 11 months ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I would have freaked out until I opened it and it survived.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#14383 11 months ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

I played a handful of games just to watch it move. First topper purchase ever and I get it now.

#14384 11 months ago
Quoted from kool1:Not a peep from Nitro

Just talked to Tommy, he said they are coming in soon!

#14385 11 months ago

<blockquote

Quoted from parsonsaj:

Got my topper installed yesterday. It looks good in the light but in a dark room it’s very much on the dark side, especially when contrasted to the Iron Maiden topper next to it. [quoted image]

I’m still kicking myself for dithering on the $399 Iron Maiden topper years ago! Looks great!

#14387 11 months ago
Quoted from Vespula:

They got back to me same day and sent part two days later. Pretty good.

#14388 11 months ago

Did anyone see a description of how the lights work on the topper and when exactly the dial comes into play? Several games in (one of them an 864m score) and the dial has never activated and we couldn’t figure out the “rules” for the album lights. The album lights on the topper even stopped working at one point in the middle of a game.

We can’t figure out how to activate it nor how the album lights work…

#14389 11 months ago

Anyone that buys a lot from Marco know whether a topper being “in stock” means in stock or just pre-order?

#14390 11 months ago
Quoted from JeepSnob:

Anyone that buys a lot from Marco know whether a topper being “in stock” means in stock or just pre-order?

It means it’s in stock and ready to ship. I already got my tracking info from FedEx that it’s been shipped.

#14391 11 months ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

It means it’s in stock and ready to ship. I already got my tracking info from FedEx that it’s been shipped.

Great. Thanks. Placed my order as well.

#14392 11 months ago

Thanks for posting that eye candy. Good to see a PRO all decked out - gives me a good idea of what my game will look like.

As pissed as I am that I am hearing nothing about my orders, truth is I have no time this week / weekend to install the EL's anyway. Hoping next week I get some shipping notifications!

#14393 11 months ago

Back to my dark topper… here’s a 10 second video in attract mode in a dark room. Can anyone else who has one confirm if theirs is equally dark? I pinged Borg and he seems to think there may be some GI lights not working.

#14394 11 months ago

Just got a note that El and topper will ship this week.
I wonder if these toppers are going to be limited in qty or how do they decide how many to produce initially?
I guess at some point supply and demand will say doesn't make sense to make more.
If there's 4000 pins made (random even number picked) do they starting percentage and make half? Say 2000 toppers first run? Or 25 percent? Then based on pre orders make another batch? Just curious how they might max supply but not be left with too much excess inventory in the end...

#14395 11 months ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

Back to my dark topper… here’s a 10 second video in attract mode in a dark room. Can anyone else who has one confirm if theirs is equally dark? I pinged Borg and he seems to think there may be some GI lights not working.

I just watched Georgiapinball video again from earlier and I don't see any lights on his in your dark areas on attract mode. I'm thinking that was a big miss by Stern not considering playing in or attract mode in the dark or dimly lit room which is how many people such as myself like to play. Sounds like even Borg will be disappointed to find this out.

Too bad.
I guess the modder community will have to come to the rescue once again.
Lermods
Schwaggs
SkyKing2301
OutpostKodelia

Let the race begin..

#14396 11 months ago
Quoted from Vespula:

I just watched Georgiapinball video again from earlier and I don't see any lights on his in your dark areas on attract mode. I'm thinking that was a big miss by Stern not considering playing in or attract mode in the dark or dimly lit room which is how many people such as myself like to play. Sounds like even Borg will be disappointed to find this out.
Too bad.
I guess the modder community will have to come to the rescue once again. Lermods @gameroommods @rocketcity, @ninjacamp.
Let the race begin..

I don’t have a topper, but it would seem some up lighting on the center piece might work. Happy to help if there is interest.

#14397 11 months ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

I haven't played mine in a pitch dark room, I had some neons on. I'm pretty sure mine has the same amount of lighting as yours

There are more background led lighting effects going on during game play as opposed to that attract mode, so it doesn't seem so dark.

Now that I figured out how to link a video, here is one for anyone curious about the noise while the game is in after-game attract mode. It includes my son's fart noise at the end

#14398 11 months ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I don’t have a topper, but it would seem some up lighting on the center piece might work. Happy to help if there is interest.

I'm guessing it would need to be backlit, as light would reflect off the plastic if shined from in front of it.
I see reflections of everything in the room off of it when the lights are on.

#14399 11 months ago
Quoted from Vespula:

I wonder if these toppers are going to be limited in qty or how do they decide how many to produce initially?

giphy.gifgiphy.gif
#14400 11 months ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I'm guessing it would need to be backlit, as light would reflect off the plastic if shined from in front of it.
I see reflections of everything in the room off of it when the lights are on.

Happy to help if someone wants to try some lighting. Just reach out.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8.00
Apparel - Unisex
arcade-cabinets.com

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 35.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

10,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tatamy, PA
$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Virginia Beach, VA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

Lighting - Led
Gameroom Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 27.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 17,884 posts in this topic. You are on page 288 of 358.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1/page/288?hl=diablorush and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.