IMG_6410 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2562 (resized).jpg
IMG_2578 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2574 (resized).jpeg
20240322_163542 (resized).jpg
20240322_163631 (resized).jpg
20240319_194137 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,881 posts in this topic. You are on page 284 of 358.
#14151 11 months ago

Have any of you stuck to the old code 1.01?

I understand that in addition to the cancellation of the extra mystery ball and the one for the 69 ramps, the value bonus returned to zero with each new ball.

It is therefore even more difficult to reach 100 million on the missions and therefore to progress by 10 years for each planet mode. 2112 is moving away for the majority of average gamers.

I understand that there are adjustments for high scores but making wizard modes inaccessible is just frustrating.

I've played over 10000 games and only managed to start 2112 twice without being able to complete it.

I really hope that a new balanced code will come back.

#14152 11 months ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Pretty sure you want the scoop to hit the right flipper. That's what most Rush games I have played do. I saw one game on a youtube vid that dribbled out to the left, so you could tell that one had the coil power way down.

Yeah you are correct. Been playing my GNR lately and it goes to the left, should have jumped on Rush before posting...thanks for keeping me in check.

#14153 11 months ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I'll take 66% odds in Vegas every day, and there will be a fix,,,,,,eventually

I'd bet you'd be whistling a different tune if you had a ball stuffed up your ramp.

#14154 11 months ago

ANOTHER observation/solution regarding STDM scoop ejects: The coil that shoots the ball out of the scoop isn't 100% square with the scoop (at least on my machine). If the plunger isn't hitting the ball straight up the scoop to begin with, that's a bit of a problem. I loosened the screws to not only the scoop but also the coil and firmly rotated them to be as inline as possible. It was miniscule movement, BUT, it's now working 100%. I also removed the washer solution and put the power back to 185.

pasted_image (resized).jpegpasted_image (resized).jpeg
#14155 11 months ago
Quoted from GandalfBlack:

Have any of you stuck to the old code 1.01?
I understand that in addition to the cancellation of the extra mystery ball and the one for the 69 ramps, the value bonus returned to zero with each new ball.
It is therefore even more difficult to reach 100 million on the missions and therefore to progress by 10 years for each planet mode. 2112 is moving away for the majority of average gamers.
I understand that there are adjustments for high scores but making wizard modes inaccessible is just frustrating.
I've played over 10000 games and only managed to start 2112 twice without being able to complete it.
I really hope that a new balanced code will come back.

I have reverted to 1.02 code because of the changes I did not like in 1.10\1.11 code. I really feel taking the mystery lite extra ball reward away and then giving people with a topper bonuses that people without a topper do not get was not right and messed up the game I was used to and I did not like the other changes either.

#14156 11 months ago
Quoted from PokerTech68:

I have reverted to 1.02 code because of the changes I did not like in 1.10\1.11 code. I really feel taking the mystery lite extra ball reward away and then giving people with a topper bonuses that people without a topper do not get was not right and messed up the game I was used to and I did not like the other changes either.

That's how they pseudo justify the topper pricing. They give the buyers a little extra like this extra ball situation.

#14157 11 months ago

Price of the new Stern Rush topper got you down?

Announcing the new budget Rush topper, for those like me who like to watch their pennies!

Ironically, it's The Big Money topper!

It's Money! It's Big! And it's interactive, too!: When you turn it on, it rotates! And when you turn it off, it stops rotating!

Sure, it's US money, not Canadian... but to paraphrase the wise Mr. G. Weinrib: money is money!

Especially when, and this is the inside joke, a real 1909S VDB Lincoln Cent could be worth as much as a new Stern!

Now you, too, regardless of social strata, can bathe in the glory of the Big Money!

Big Money.gifBig Money.gifBig Money.jpgBig Money.jpg

Except... Sorry everybody, I was just joking about selling them, of course. I'm going to leave this one on my game, but anyone else as demented as me would probably want to roll their own, anyway. At least run some flashers to the damned thing. (I do see the coin on eBay.)

Pretty silly idea, overall -- good thing that was what I was going for!

The main reason I made it was that it cost me practically nothing to make. The motor is from the turntable in a microwave oven I got tired of fixing (myself that is; three times was enough!), I discovered the big weird plastic coin in a random auction lot, and the rest I just had sitting around. Take that, Big Money!

(Did everyone catch that? "Watch their pennies"? Man, I slay me.)

#14158 11 months ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Price of the new Stern Rush topper got you down?
Announcing the new budget Rush topper, for those like me who like to watch their pennies!
Ironically, it's The Big Money topper!
It's Money! It's Big! And it's interactive, too!: When you turn it on, it rotates! And when you turn it off, it stops rotating!
Sure, it's US money, not Canadian... but to paraphrase the wise Mr. G. Weinrib: money is money!
Especially when, and this is the inside joke, a real 1909S VDB Lincoln Cent could be worth as much as a new Stern!
Now you, too, regardless of social strata, can bathe in the glory of the Big Money!
[quoted image][quoted image]
Except... Sorry everybody, I was just joking about selling them, of course. I'm going to leave this one on my game, but anyone else as demented as me would probably want to roll their own, anyway. At least run some flashers to the damned thing. (I do see the coin on eBay.)
Pretty silly idea, overall -- good thing that was what I was going for!
The main reason I made it was that it cost me practically nothing to make. The motor is from the turntable in a microwave oven I got tired of fixing (myself that is; three times was enough!), I discovered the big weird plastic coin in a random auction lot, and the rest I just had sitting around. Take that, Big Money!
(Did everyone catch that? "Watch their pennies"? Man, I slay me.)

Very unique and original... and... I spy with my eye, the volume knobs that go to 11... cool addition!

#14159 11 months ago
Quoted from PokerTech68:

I haven't flashed the new code because I'm too worried that I can't go back to the 1.02 code.
What upsets me is that I understand the new update fixes technical issues?

#14160 11 months ago

I haven't flashed the new code because I'm too worried that I can't go back to the 1.02 code.

See my Post #13616 in this topic. I reverted to 1.02 successfully on my RUSH Pro machine with the guidance of Stern support.

#14161 11 months ago

In summary, from what I know it balances the game, supports the new accessories, and adds new features, including system and node board updates. See the release notes.
I'm sure there's some fixes in there...but Ray dealt with the out of balance exploits that were creating inflated scores but people way better than me, and tweaked the rules in other places. A Few may not agree with every change, but it's a very solid and appreciated update despite a few gripes from select people.

It's been proven you can go back, someone did it, (edit, I see the post now) and posted on it, it flashed the node boards back also. USB, coin door closed or pin pulled needed iirc (on all updates really I think).

#14162 11 months ago

First topper pops up on Facebook in the rush group, seems that they are going out

#14163 11 months ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

First topper pops up on Facebook in the rush group, seems that they are going out

Do you have a link?

Also for anyone, I was wondering something about the mystery award ...
Do you let the dice roll animation go all the way through (and take the break sometimes), or do you use the flippers to stop and try and time it to grab the award you want as it's shown?

#14164 11 months ago

I use the flippers to stop it. But I think it is already preset to land on whatever the computer chooses? Using the flippers makes me feel like I'm doing something. Lol

#14165 11 months ago
Quoted from Slogan1111:

I use the flippers to stop it. But I think it is already preset to land on whatever the computer chooses? Using the flippers makes me feel like I'm doing something. Lol

Yeah, the outcome is predetermined. Sometimes you'll get a call out that spoils the reward before the animation is done.

I still hit the flippers.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#14167 11 months ago
Quoted from squaresville:

Yeah, the outcome is predetermined. Sometimes you'll get a call out that spoils the reward before the animation is done.
I still hit the flippers.

Quoted from Slogan1111:

Thanks makes sense.

Ok that's private. Was there any interesting information about the topper?

#14168 11 months ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Thanks makes sense.

Ok that's private. Was there any interesting information about the topper?

It arrived from Arcade Rescue 911, along with EL's.

345602641_151733707706078_2160906704343374514_n (resized).jpg345602641_151733707706078_2160906704343374514_n (resized).jpg345607259_629116819233391_4613839261617055194_n (resized).jpg345607259_629116819233391_4613839261617055194_n (resized).jpg
#14169 11 months ago
Quoted from JH315:

Congrats! First topper pic and post! Looks cool!
Next install, pics, and review.... Exciting!
What's your first impression?

#14170 11 months ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Congrats! First topper pic and post! Looks cool!
Next install, pics, and review.... Exciting!
What's your first impression?

It’s not mine. I just grabbed the pic so you could see it.

#14171 11 months ago
Quoted from JH315:

It’s not mine. I just grabbed the pic so you could see it.

Gotcha! I wondered.
Thanks for posting that !

#14172 11 months ago
Quoted from JH315:

All looks amazing. Hopefully not too long now for the rest of us.

I saw the video on Facebook also, I can't wait!

#14173 11 months ago

Thank you for sharing.
I don’t have/use FB.

#14174 11 months ago
Quoted from kool1:

I saw the video on Facebook also

giphy.gifgiphy.gif
#14175 11 months ago

I still have heard nothing from cointaker

#14177 11 months ago
Quoted from JH315:

Topper looks awesome…just not $1700 awesome.

#14178 11 months ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

It's totally not worth $1700 (+ shipping), not even close. I bought it anyway.

For collectors and big Rush fans it's a must have and if I'm going to do something stupid, it's going to be a Rush topper.

My $300 Tilt Topper for Jurassic Park looks just as good but obviously no interactive features and I guess that's where Stern gets ya in 2023. I'll bet the GZ topper is at least $2000.

Quoted from Apollo18:

Thank you for sharing.
I don’t have/use FB.

Pinball groups (and a couple of others) is all I do on FB. Seems like no one posts pictures anymore but the groups are very useful.

#14179 11 months ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

I'll reserve my opinion until it's sitting on top of my pro, lit up, and I get to play it integrated into the game. I'm optimistic.
In the end, thinking out loud here to myself, I've spent same money as a stock premium but got the art and translite I prefer and all the aftermarket extras, minus node10 stress and minus 3 or 4 premium features I honestly don't miss or desire.
Knowing myself, I would have justified spendinf the same money on extras even if I had an LE, and just felt the pro was the quickest path to a satisfying compromise with a built in ceiling for all in and staying under 10k. Not all titles have the pro this good and as we know lz and Rush are the only two pros to accept expression lights. Thank you Stern.
Yes, I know in the end my pin is still worth pro $, but I'm happy to have any trim of this, honestly, and I don't see a sale in my future either.

#14180 11 months ago

Wooo! Email notice from UPS that an order from Flip N Out Pinball will be delivered tomorrow! What is in that order? Why a Rush topper!

And of course I'm going away this weekend. (kicks the gound like the Roll the Bones cover kid)

#14181 11 months ago
Quoted from Big_Whoopin:

Wooo! Email notice from UPS that an order from Flip N Out Pinball will be delivered tomorrow! What is in that order? Why a Rush topper!
And of course I'm going away this weekend. (kicks the gound like the Roll the Bones cover kid)

Uh oh. Sweet! Hopefully my email will be soon.

#14182 11 months ago
Quoted from Big_Whoopin:

Damn…I haven’t received my email either from Flip N Out. Now I’m even more anxious!!

Edit: Just received my email!! Woo Hoo!!!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#14183 11 months ago

I got my UPS tracking number yesterday for mine. I got excited, because it showed today as a delivery date when I first got the number. However, 24+ hours later, the status is still "The delivery date will be provided as soon as possible" --- obviously they have yet to pick it up from my distributor, which means I probably won't see it until at least Monday.

Talk about a buzzkill....

#14184 11 months ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

I got my UPS tracking number yesterday for mine. I got excited, because it showed today as a delivery date when I first got the number. However, 24+ hours later, the status is still "The delivery date will be provided as soon as possible" --- obviously they have yet to pick it up from my distributor, which means I probably won't see it until at least Monday.
Talk about a buzzkill....

Who is your distro?

#14185 11 months ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Who is your distro?

Classic Game Rooms

#14186 11 months ago

Still waiting here. Mine got pushed out to next week.

#14187 11 months ago
Quoted from Big_Whoopin:

Any chance you got my Flip N Out email that my EL is shipping????? Can dream right?

#14188 11 months ago

Still waiting for my EL`s and Topper from Flip N out.. no email yet got 2 of the 4 so Far..

#14189 11 months ago

Wow, seems like a lot of us purchased EL kits from flip n out… let’s hope stern allocates more kits to them or else we are going to be waiting a LONG time.

#14190 11 months ago

Finally made it to Book 2. My best game so far, 3.1 billion. This game is a workout.

#14191 11 months ago
Quoted from zebpin61:

Any chance you got my Flip N Out email that my EL is shipping????? Can dream right?

Well, I haven't received any email from Flip N Out since I placed my order. I've got an account with UPS so I get notification when they get a record of a shipment headed to my address. So maybe your EL kit or other toppers ordered through FNO have shipped but no notice has been sent?

#14192 11 months ago

Ditto with FNO. Placed a topper order the first hour they were open, paid in full, and haven’t heard anything since.

#14193 11 months ago

I knew with 11 posts since earlier there was topper talk going on! But alas, no topper unboxing YET.
Who's gonna get it first and document the opening and setup!!! I think this weekend is the weekend...
I feel it...

#14194 11 months ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

Wow, seems like a lot of us purchased EL kits from flip n out… let’s hope stern allocates more kits to them or else we are going to be waiting a LONG time.

I am also on this list as I ordered my Rush from him! Hope we all get them soon.

#14195 11 months ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Still waiting here. Mine got pushed out to next week.

Next week for Me too.

#14196 11 months ago
Quoted from Vespula:

I knew with 11 posts since earlier there was topper talk going on! But alas, no topper unboxing YET.
Who's gonna get it first and document the opening and setup!!! I think this weekend is the weekend...
I feel it...

It's weird.. You would think large batches would go out.. Not just odd ones here and there.

#14197 11 months ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I'll take 66% odds in Vegas every day, and there will be a fix,,,,,,eventually</blockquote

I'll reserve my opinion until it's sitting on top of my pro, lit up, and I get to play it integrated into the game. I'm optimistic.
In the end, thinking out loud here to myself, I've spent same money as a stock premium but got the art and translite I prefer and all the aftermarket extras, minus node10 stress and minus 3 or 4 premium features I honestly don't miss or desire.
Knowing myself, I would have justified spendinf the same money on extras even if I had an LE, and just felt the pro was the quickest path to a satisfying compromise with a built in ceiling for all in and staying under 10k. Not all titles have the pro this good and as we know lz and Rush are the only two pros to accept expression lights. Thank you Stern.
Yes, I know in the end my pin is still worth pro $, but I'm happy to have any trim of this, honestly, and I don't see a sale in my future either.</blockquote

Classic Game Rooms

Jason is awesome. Recommend

#14198 11 months ago

Freewill multi ball. Alex. "You play that guitar solo!" Lol.

#14199 11 months ago

What's great about this game is I'm still hearing new callouts from time to time.

#14200 11 months ago

Plug for the gold Precision Flippers on Rush LE. Had then here for a while and finally got around to installing them. Not only do they make a huge difference to gameplay, but they look incredible. Perfect match to the gold steampunk aesthetic of the LE.
IMG_6873 (resized).jpegIMG_6873 (resized).jpeg

Still absolutely loving this game - currently my go to game and nothing else is close. Easily Borgs best layout. It’s a shame more don’t give it a chance. I’m not a Rush fan at all, but in the context of this game I’m enjoying the music alot.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Virginia Beach, VA
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

10,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tatamy, PA
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 42.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Blaine, WASHINGTON
$ 229.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 35.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 17,881 posts in this topic. You are on page 284 of 358.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1/page/284?hl=diablorush and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.