IMG_6410 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2562 (resized).jpg
IMG_2578 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2574 (resized).jpeg
20240322_163542 (resized).jpg
20240322_163631 (resized).jpg
20240319_194137 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,884 posts in this topic. You are on page 282 of 358.
#14051 11 months ago
Quoted from kool1:

Well if it's all true the last few NIB around will probably get snapped up soon.

I think a reason they're possibly discontinuing them is there's likely more than "a last few" out there. Automated has had stock continuously for months.

Quoted from Boslaw:

For mine personally, it’s due to heavy ribbing. You can find a few posts from me earlier in the thread about this. Stern promised me a new playfield last August but I can’t get any status on when I’ll receive it despite repeated emails from me and my distributor.

It took me two years to get a replacement playfield for my BKSOR, with many false updates along the way. I wish you luck!

#14052 11 months ago
Quoted from PinballRockDude:

Joined the club picked up my game Tuesday. Long journey to get here first couldn’t see how Rush music would work in pinball. Then heard Bond would be then next title and that would be my next game. Well went to locations played Bond tried to like it, really tried to like it. Other than the the Hawkeye like shot (left orbit 2012 Avengers game I enjoy) I found Bond uninspired, clunky and close to a box of lights. While playing on location and disliking Bond more played Rush it kept me coming back for more. Great variety of shots, great call outs, and an easy to learn code but with depth. Because of the theme this is a game is under rated but will continue to catch on. Looking forward to enjoying this came for a long time to come.

Congrats! Where did you get it? Did you pick it up new? If not does it have any mods? If you did, there's a few essentials.

#14053 11 months ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

Michael Barnard (did the art for Rush) just said “It’s not discontinued”.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Awesome news. I would be shocked if they didn't at least do a final run. They always announce that when they DC a pin as far as I know.

Joined the club picked up my game Tuesday. Long journey to get here first couldn’t see how Rush music would work in pinball. Then heard Bond would be then next title and that would be my next game. Well went to locations played Bond tried to like it, really tried to like it. Other than the the Hawkeye like shot (left orbit 2012 Avengers game I enjoy) I found Bond uninspired, clunky and close to a box of lights. While playing on location and disliking Bond more played Rush it kept me coming back for more. Great variety of shots, great call outs, and an easy to learn code but with depth. Because of the theme this is a game is under rated but will continue to catch on. Looking forward to enjoying this came for a long time to come.

Bond can be a good game but there is definitely still a journey ahead to get there. I will see out and play again when they get to 1.0. I'm a huge Bond fan but I will wait.

Congrats on Rush - welcome! It's a good group here.

#14054 11 months ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Congrats! Where did you get it? Did you pick it up new? If not does it have any mods? If you did, there's a few essentials.

I'd argue that there are no essential mods. You can enjoy any pin, stock, with adjustments. I'd say there are some no brainer mods, like the EL kit. Come on Stern. Where's my lights?

#14055 11 months ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

I'd argue that there are no essential mods. You can enjoy any pin, stock, with adjustments. I'd say there are some no brainer mods, like the EL kit. Come on Stern. Where's my lights?

Fixes are mods too. My order of essential n order of importance...
Inner Orbit fix, shooter lane fix, possibly spinner exit fix. Noisy Power supply fan fix, sound fix pinwoofer (fix because there is zero sound quality stock on Rush that on pro/pre can only be explained as intentional)
The rest are mods not essential and personal choices... Like a shaker, for example...

#14056 11 months ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Picked it up used at this point nothing has been added to the game. Clean slate, which is good because I don’t like random action figures stuck in the game.

#14057 11 months ago

I must say the lit drop targets are a classy addition to the game....

#14058 11 months ago

Picked it up used at this point nothing has been added to the game. Clean slate, which is good because I don’t like random action figures stuck in the game.

I only suggested essentials, if you don't have any, once you play enough and notice the issues those fix, one option is to visit ninja camp store to get the remedies needed for your pro.

#14059 11 months ago
Quoted from SterlingRush:

Don’t forget “Mode completed”

You're right!

#14060 11 months ago

Was playing last night and at the end I stared at the apron and noticed a discrepancy between production pros and the release photos. Release photo shows all apron decals have a gold border. Production games seem to only have a gold border on the shooter gage decal. I've never seen a production game with the border around the other 3 apron decals. Do any pro owners, here, have the gold border. Snip of the promo photo for reference.

rushproapron (resized).pngrushproapron (resized).png
#14061 11 months ago

Do any pro owners, here, have the gold border.

No.
I just replaced my apron cards on my pro with these from eBay, you probably already saw my post about this earlier, also attached is an early picture where you can see mine probably looked like yours does now.

PXL_20230430_205316986 (resized).jpgPXL_20230430_205316986 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230505-100450 (resized).pngScreenshot_20230505-100450 (resized).png
#14062 11 months ago

I bought my very first pin and it was delivered yesterday - Rush Pro, NIB. I'm so excited to finally own a pin, but am feeling a little overwhelmed. I think I've got everything set up correctly, but I have a (probably stupid) question: Does the pin come with wifi, or do I need to buy a usb wifi adapter?

#14063 11 months ago
Quoted from SuperProfe:

I bought my very first pin and it was delivered yesterday - Rush Pro, NIB. I'm so excited to finally own a pin, but am feeling a little overwhelmed. I think I've got everything set up correctly, but I have a (probably stupid) question: Does the pin come with wifi, or do I need to buy a usb wifi adapter?

It's already installed. Just need to set it up in the net menu. You also have to register it to you IC account.

#14064 11 months ago
Quoted from SuperProfe:

https://sternpinball.com/support/how-to-set-up/

#14065 11 months ago

It's already installed. Just need to set it up in the net menu.

I'll have to look at it again when I get home from work today. If I recall correctly, when I was looking at the net menu, I couldn't find a way to turn the wifi on. Thanks for your help!

#14066 11 months ago

Just spoke with Melissa from Cointaker @ Allentown Pinfest. She stated that Stern is not producing any more Rush pins.

Now if that means "currently" or "forever" or "until a vault release"... your guess is as good as mine.

They also don't have any updates on arrivals of toppers.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#14067 11 months ago

What is it now 5-6 weeks since the topper went “on sale” and nothing. Still haven’t gotten my Shooter either. That’s Pathetic Stern….
Some sellers are claiming delivery by 5/15. I’ll believe it when I see it.

#14068 11 months ago

My motor kit arrived from my distributor today. Will be installing this weekend.

20230505_142639 (resized).jpg20230505_142639 (resized).jpg20230505_142649 (resized).jpg20230505_142649 (resized).jpg
#14069 11 months ago

For those installing the expression light kits here is something I ran into which may help. Ultimately the jumper switches on the new node board that drives the lights came set incorrect from the factory. This cause a node board 8 update failure message and the playfield would not activate or light on power up.

Here is how the dip switches on that board should be - which solved my problem. Game booted and updated fine then.

IMG_4761.jpegIMG_4761.jpegIMG_4762.jpegIMG_4762.jpeg
#14070 11 months ago

I have an open warranty claim with Stern for a replacement playfield (going on 9 months). Now my power distribution board has failed and Stern doesn't want to replace because I'm "2 months out of warranty." This should be fun.

Direct quote from my distro to Stern today: "What about status on the playfield? WIth the game getting discontinued I dont want this to fall though the cracks"

#14071 11 months ago
Quoted from Big_Whoopin:

Just spoke with Melissa from Cointaker @ Allentown Pinfest. She stated that Stern is not producing any more Rush pins.
Now if that means "currently" or "forever" or "until a vault release"... your guess is as good as mine.
They also don't have any updates on arrivals of toppers.

Yeah. Not a single Rush game at Allentown. Last year. That was the game in Cointaker's booth.

#14072 11 months ago
Quoted from Slogan1111:

Yeah. Not a single Rush game at Allentown. Last year. That was the game in Cointaker's booth.

How does the game of the year not make it to arguably the show if the year??!!

#14073 11 months ago
Quoted from tominator:

How does the game of the year not make it to arguably the show if the year??!!

Seems that the distros that bring all the "new" games don't have any RUSH! There weren't any RUSH at TPF, and there was only one at Louisville this year.

A game that sells out to the point where distros don't have them to show off barely a year after it launches at the big shows deserves at LEAST an official last call - not an unceremonious drop from any and all production. I find it hard to believe that it's already discontinued.

#14074 11 months ago

People need to look past the theme to discover this is a great pinball game. I’m still shocked I like it as much as I do. If it’s truly discontinued I think this one will rise in value for sure as more people get time on it. Great shooter and great set of rules.

#14075 11 months ago
Quoted from aamauzy:

Seems that the distros that bring all the "new" games don't have any RUSH! There weren't any RUSH at TPF, and there was only one at Louisville this year.
A game that sells out to the point where distros don't have them to show off barely a year after it launches at the big shows deserves at LEAST an official last call - not an unceremonious drop from any and all production. I find it hard to believe that it's already discontinued.

It's not DC'd and it is sold out mostly everywhere. Showroom models are likely gone at most distributors.

It is sad no one brought one to the show though!

It's even more sad that I didn't go to the show..

#14076 11 months ago

Good news - Just picked up my shooter rod and my topper should be ready next week. Excited to see it in action!

Could use some buffing as others mentioned. Blinks in attract mode - overall happy with it.
IMG_1290 (resized).jpegIMG_1290 (resized).jpegIMG_1291 (resized).jpegIMG_1291 (resized).jpeg

#14077 11 months ago

There is one Rush at Allentown, but just in the tournament section.

#14078 11 months ago
Quoted from Big_Whoopin:

There is one Rush at Allentown, but just in the tournament section.

Yes. I stand corrected. Forgot about that one.

#14079 11 months ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

my topper should be ready next week. Excited to see it in action!

I've been wondering who would have the first topper to post about. Maybe it's you! I hope it is!

#14080 11 months ago

Are you supposed to lose all of your your record boost value on a drain? This is a more recent change to the code, I feel like it wasn't always this way. Feels super bad to spend a decent amount of time building up a value in the multiple hundreds only to lose it on a drain. What's weird is that the records you've hit stay solid...so if you have only 1 record still blinking when you drain, on the next ball that will still be the only record you can collect...at 0% boost. Feels like a bug?

#14081 11 months ago

Also tilt forums says based on 1.10 but not all the rules don't seem to have been updated, in records and planet modes it still says ; get all 6 record shots to the same color for 3x scoring for all shots during the mod.
Maybe more errors, but I'm not the best one to proof it, that's for sure! I'm still referencing and reading it over and over and every now and then when I'm ready for it something clicks.

http://tiltforums.com/t/stern-rush-rulesheet/7409#heading--planets.

#14082 11 months ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Also tilt forums says based on 1.10 but not all the rules don't seem to have been updated, in records and planet modes it still says ; get all 6 record shots to the same color for 3x scoring for all shots during the mod.
Maybe more errors, but I'm not the best one to proof it, that's for sure! I'm still referencing and reading it over and over and every now and then when I'm ready for it something clicks.
http://tiltforums.com/t/stern-rush-rulesheet/7409#heading--planets.

I'm referring to the percent multiplier that shows up in the top left of the screen before you start a mode. You'd think if you lost the value, the locked records would all go back to blinking, but that's not what happens. Anybody else notice this?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#14083 11 months ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Good news - Just picked up my shooter rod and my topper should be ready next week. Excited to see it in action!
Could use some buffing as others mentioned. Blinks in attract mode - overall happy with it.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I love the look of it. Waiting arrival on mine, just wish it weren't the size of a doorknob.

#14084 11 months ago

I'm playing with making some new designs for my protectors a kind of "upgraded or "premium" edition.
something longer and more like the long stern armor but still super easy attach and... well... much much much more fairly priced.

does anyone have any strong feelings or ideas for rush protectors ideas?
I was thinking of replicating my rush fly by night owl design. but looking for other ideas?
(please not the star man again, I'm starman'ed out, and Stern has a starman armor design (although a bit pricy but it exists)

here's some ideas for generic longer shapes I'm thinking off though also open to cool ideas for armor shape.
if anyone has any ideas they'd like to see about the "insert art" or shape of the armor please PM me or respond to the thread.

IMG_2300 (resized).JPGIMG_2300 (resized).JPG
#14085 11 months ago
Quoted from H3XAG0N:

I'm referring to the percent multiplier that shows up in the top left of the screen before you start a mode. You'd think if you lost the value, the locked records would all go back to blinking, but that's not what happens. Anybody else notice this?

Yes, you now lose that on a drain. That was a change in v1.10 code last month, after Karl and the other streamers were blowing up a mode to like +1000% and not bothering to start it until their last ball. Now you should play your mode instead of farting around with the boost value forever.

But yes, the records that earned that boosted value don't go back to blinking/uncollected, so you get slightly stuck that you don't have a big boost value but you're limited to only the remaining shots to increase it further (until you shoot them all to reset them all.)

But you shouldn't lose the solidness of the records just to make the shots available for boosting again - you should keep the x2 shots that you did earn towards the mode.

I could see a possible compromise, that you keep the portion of the boost value only from the records that stay solid, but that would be even more complicated and harder to explain.

#14086 11 months ago
Quoted from brzezicki:

I'm playing with making some new designs for my protectors a kind of "upgraded or "premium" edition.
something longer and more like the long stern armor but still super easy attach and... well... much much much more fairly priced.
does anyone have any strong feelings or ideas for rush protectors ideas?
I was thinking of replicating my rush fly by night owl design. but looking for other ideas?
(please not the star man again, I'm starman'ed out, and Stern has a starman armor design (although a bit pricy but it exists)
here's some ideas for generic longer shapes I'm thinking off though also open to cool ideas for armor shape.
if anyone has any ideas they'd like to see about the "insert art" or shape of the armor please PM me or respond to the thread.[quoted image]

How about MMCXII, Roman numerals for 2112.

Or since it’s based around the Time Machine tour, what about Rash?

#14087 11 months ago
Quoted from SterlingRush:

How about MMCXII, Roman numerals for 2112.
Or since it’s based around the Time Machine tour, what about Rash?

interesting I do miss seeing roman numberals on everything. I was just thinking that I never see them on movies anymore etc (though maybe I just am not looking) that would definitely be cool.

In regards to Rash what where you thinking ? the name in the rush font or something else?
I wonder maybe too roman numerals 1974 for when they started (at least as the Rush we all know and love) and on the other side 2020 for when Neil Peart died and Rush ended?

#14088 11 months ago
Quoted from brzezicki:

interesting I do miss seeing roman numberals on everything. I was just thinking that I never see them on movies anymore etc (though maybe I just am not looking) that would definitely be cool.
In regards to Rash what where you thinking ? the name in the rush font or something else?
I wonder maybe too roman numerals 1974 for when they started (at least as the Rush we all know and love) and on the other side 2020 for when Neil Peart died and Rush ended?

Rash probably similar to the first album style, much like the shirt they put out, but doesn’t have to be. It might be a little too far out there, for people who don’t know about it, lol.

#14089 11 months ago

Saw the shooter knob at Cointakers booth.
Quality is terrible. Looks like a tried my first 3d print job with crappy plastics. Lol. It was rough, unpolished, and the sticker was falling off. Geez Stern?

#14090 11 months ago
Quoted from Slogan1111:

Saw the shooter knob at Cointakers booth.
Quality is terrible. Looks like a tried my first 3d print job with crappy plastics. Lol. It was rough, unpolished, and the sticker was falling off. Geez Stern?

Yes, but for only $140 what do you expect?

#14091 11 months ago

Might as well have a sucker sticker on it. Lol

#14092 11 months ago
Quoted from Photopin:

Yes, but for only $140 what do you expect?

Lol

#14093 11 months ago

Man, I hope this topper isn't terrible in person. I'm excited to get mine but a little nervous after this sad shooter rod...

#14094 11 months ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Man, I hope this topper isn't terrible in person. I'm excited to get mine but a little nervous after this sad shooter rod...

It's pathetic. And I own one. Makes me feel better about the Zeppelin dreidel shooter I bought, though.

#14095 11 months ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

It's pathetic. And I own one. Makes me feel better about the Zeppelin dreidel shooter I bought, though.

Don't bump that dreidel, they split in half

#14096 11 months ago

Geez if they are that bad I’m half tempted to buy a bunch of clear red ones and laser the tops to put the starman in and sell them for 1/2 of the price I’ve got a new laser cutter coming “sometime” that can do taller objects like a shooter rod. That’s just sad. If I were Gary stern I’d be ashamed of having my last name associated with junk.

#14097 11 months ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Mine arrived and it is not terrible in person. That said it is also not great. I polished it a little but it is still not as shiny as I would like and has a small blemish or two. The sticker doesn't look too bad, at least it's on straight. Considering the cost of the Gozilla unlit mothra egg is $40 more, I suspect the $140 for a lit shooter might actually be a slightly discounted price based on them not turning out very well. LOL

Otherwise the shooter is not nearly as big as it looks in the pictures. That was actually a pleasant surprise in an otherwise not-so-great purchase.

#14098 11 months ago

The modern Stern stuff is fairly poorly made with nearly nonexistent QA. My last 3 NIB pins needed a thorough inspection to resolve dozens of loose posts, parts, etc. $2000 toppers. $200 shooter rods. They’re monetizing everything in sight, with a distant priority for quality. I bought NIB WPC95 pins, and those were far better made. Today, JJP and American Pinball (both of which I’ve bought NIB) are way-better built, with a few specific exceptions (JJP modern flipper clamps are garbage).

Stern’s business model works because they’ve been the only game in town for quite a while. Personally, it’s only great news for the hobby to have quality competition. It may take time, but Stern should face consequences for shoddy construction and QA.

#14099 11 months ago

Agree w some statements regarding the shooter. Mine lights up well and there is no huge bubbles present or anything. Couldn’t really tell it was a sticker as mine looks pretty damn good. Only negative is There’s a rough line all around the circumference of the face so I’ll need to buff that down. Also like the 2112 plate more than the moving pictures frame one I had previously. (I have an extra new one of those if anyone is looking) Could have been worse / could have been better - it is what it is and I’m ok with it. Some called the LZ one obnoxious and I love it so no complaints on the odd size/shape of this one.
From what I’ve seen, the topper should be very cool so I have high expectations. Hope it has a nice wow factor.

#14100 11 months ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

The modern Stern stuff is fairly poorly made with nearly nonexistent QA. My last 3 NIB pins needed a thorough inspection to resolve dozens of loose posts, parts, etc. $2000 toppers. $200 shooter rods. They’re monetizing everything in sight, with a distant priority for quality. I bought NIB WPC95 pins, and those were far better made. Today, JJP and American Pinball (both of which I’ve bought NIB) are way-better built, with a few specific exceptions (JJP modern flipper clamps are garbage).
Stern’s business model works because they’ve been the only game in town for quite a while. Personally, it’s only great news for the hobby to have quality competition. It may take time, but Stern should face consequences for shoddy construction and QA.

I'm hearing lots of complaints about the shooter quality, the lack of transparency from Stern on various issues, the cost of the topper, and pre-pay for accessories and then crickets on delivery schedules. Also general quality control. All of these points are valid. One side of my EL went out shortly after I got my NIB game, and it took almost a year to get a replacement. But I did finally get it, and I must say that Adam in customer service was a big help in solving that problem. It's legitimate to expect Stern to live up to their service agreements - especially at these prices for new games. Things like bad node boards, etc.

Now the truth that hurts. Some of you guys will buy ANYTHING Stern or a mod maker puts out there for your Rush game - regardless of quality or cost. You continue to support the preorder model, the outrageous cost of a topper (not to mention the long wait times), and will pay over $100 for a shooter that many people - myself included - thinks looks like something from the Wal-mart toy section. I don't say this to hurt anyone's feelings, and this is just my own perspective on some of these issues after having read almost every post in this thread over the past year. But if you knowingly overpay for toppers, and buy shooters that you know ahead of time look like crap, or if you are willing to pay in advance for items with no promise of a delivery date, then you must shoulder some of the blame for Stern's less than stellar business practices.

If you want better from Stern, then demand better by using or not using your wallet. That's called purchasing power. I absolutely love my game, and the mods I've installed. Mod makers like Ninjacamp and Gameroom Mods just to name a couple have greatly improved this game, helping to solve known issues, and those guys firmly stand behind their mods. But I have to say, there are a few Rush owners on this forum that would seemingly buy Rush lollypops if someone makes them, and then complain about how they look or taste. We, as customers, have not only the power to influence Stern's business practices, but a responsibility to hold them to a higher standard when they let us down. Otherwise, we have no right to complain or expect better from them.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 210.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 17.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Virginia Beach, VA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 194.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 275.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

Lighting - Led
Lermods

Lighting - Led
Gameroom Mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 17,884 posts in this topic. You are on page 282 of 358.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1/page/282?hl=aamauzy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.