IMG_6410 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2562 (resized).jpg
IMG_2578 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2574 (resized).jpeg
20240322_163542 (resized).jpg
20240322_163631 (resized).jpg
20240319_194137 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,884 posts in this topic. You are on page 273 of 358.
#13601 1 year ago
Quoted from Drussksu:

I was having a ton of problems with the eject shooting straight down the middle. I did find out my machine was leaning to the left a little, I leveled it and tightened up the scoop protectors. Now it rarely happens. However, I do think it happens more during multiball for whatever reason. Im going to look around for the multiball adjustment.
Yesterday I had a great game. I stacked freewill and hourlong multiballs with the limelight mode running.

Check post #11541 Hayfarmer had a couple of pictures where small washers were used to slightly tilt the scoop to help with SDTM ejects.

#13602 1 year ago
Quoted from usafstars:

Check post #11541 Hayfarmer had a couple of pictures where small washers were used to slightly tilt the scoop to help with SDTM ejects.

The washers worked miracles for me and it was an easy and elegant fix.

#13603 1 year ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Yeah, that's bs. Player One? Haven't bought anything from them in years, never will. Are you sure the tax wasn't already added in though? Both of those are really close to what the prices would be after conversion including the 13% HST.

Tax is not included. It is 2559.95 plus tax. Roughly 200 USD higher than it should be. They say they don't control the pricing and are blaming customs fees and freight costs for the extra gouging.

So, this topper is 1700 USD for Americans, or 1900 USD for Canadians at player one.

#13604 1 year ago
Quoted from Maken:

Tax is not included. It is 2559.95 plus tax. Roughly 200 USD higher than it should be. They say they don't control the pricing and are blaming customs fees and freight costs for the extra gouging.

So, this topper is 1700 USD for Americans, or 1900 USD for Canadians at player one.

Yeah, that's a load of crap. Nitro or US distrib is how I would go. Customs fees, lol

#13605 1 year ago

Not my score, but I just watched this happen. Completed both book 1 and 2, was 11 years off from 2112. This is on the 1.10 code, an arcade machine.

20230412_185329.jpg20230412_185329.jpg
#13606 1 year ago
Quoted from Maken:

That’s why I bought my LZ topper from Nitro, it wasn’t marked up. They sell at Stern advertised price.

#13607 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

That’s why I bought my LZ topper from Nitro, it wasn’t marked up. They sell at Stern advertised price.

My topper and light kit is coming from Nitro. The best!

#13608 1 year ago

Has anyone heard when Expression Light kits are supposed to start shipping? I had originally seen April 4th, but there doesn't seem to have been any movement on it yet.

#13609 1 year ago

thanks, adjusting the protector seemed to fix it, I also put a piece of 3M doublesided adhesive tape on the inside of the protector against the wood to hold it extra flush. unfortunately when I took it off I see the clearcoat is lifting like a piece of paper ;( the wood is OK and the clearcoat is not chipping but it's seperated from the edge I put on some mylar under the protector to hold it down and give it a little more protection.

-brian

#13610 1 year ago
Quoted from mjannusch:

Has anyone heard when Expression Light kits are supposed to start shipping? I had originally seen April 4th, but there doesn't seem to have been any movement on it yet.

I heard accessories are shipping end of April from my distro.

#13611 1 year ago
Quoted from brzezicki:

thanks, adjusting the protector seemed to fix it, I also put a piece of 3M doublesided adhesive tape on the inside of the protector against the wood to hold it extra flush. unfortunately when I took it off I see the clearcoat is lifting like a piece of paper ;( the wood is OK and the clearcoat is not chipping but it's seperated from the edge I put on some mylar under the protector to hold it down and give it a little more protection.
-brian

For future reference, you can use the clear Hard as Nails nail polish, to cover and protect the exposed wood areas. Shooter lane, scoop holes, ect... Just be delicate on how you apply it, smooth application.

#13612 1 year ago
Quoted from mjannusch:

I've heard both "the expression light kits are boxed up and ready - I've seen the pallets, they're just waiting for inventory to finish" in January and "I have no clue when any of this will show up" a couple weeks ago. I don't think there is solid info out there yet.

#13613 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinplayer1967:

My topper and light kit is coming from Nitro. The best!

Quoted from pinballjah:

Topper coming from Nitro also - I would prefer to just pick up but didn't even call P1 this time.

#13614 1 year ago

I ordered the EL kit from P1 mtl… it better not be more than nitro! I was told it would be priced at 499 usd, then do conversion when you pay, so 700 can (ish)… plus tax of course.
Pretty expensive mod for sure. Would love a topper but I just can’t justify the cost… you can buy an older pin for less ffs.

#13615 1 year ago

Player One is dead to me.
I would never buy anything from them.
Ever!

#13616 1 year ago
Quoted from mjannusch:

I pulled out my 1.02 SD card, duplicated it to another SD card, then put it back in and updated to 1.10. It reflashed my node boards and was running 1.10. I then put my old 1.02 card in, and it reflashed the node boards back to whatever node firmware is on 1.02. No problems.
You just need to get a copy of the SD card 1.02 software (I don't think you can downgrade using the USB version). I have it, but don't have a good way to get it to you. If nobody else can get it to you, PM me in a few days.
Note: I'm not sure if using the raw SD card image (which won't have your machine's saved data, settings, scores, etc) will cause any undesired behavior with Insider Connected. You might have to re-register your machine or something. Don't know about that.

Stern support answered my email and told me it was okay to go back to 1.02 code from 1.10 by using a USB stick and doing the FULL update with VERIFY. I did it last night successfully and it reflashed the node boards back to the previous firmware versions as well. Of course with anything, your mileage may vary but it worked for me.

Thanks everyone for the input and suggestions. Of course now I am thinking about getting the Expression Lighting and the 2112 Shooter Knob and if I do that I will have to install the 1.10 code anyway.

#13617 1 year ago
Quoted from SterlingRush:

For future reference, you can use the clear Hard as Nails nail polish, to cover and protect the exposed wood areas. Shooter lane, scoop holes, ect... Just be delicate on how you apply it, smooth application.

nice! thanks for the tip. that's good to know for sure.

-brian

#13618 1 year ago
Quoted from tominator:

I ordered the EL kit from P1 mtl… it better not be more than nitro! I was told it would be priced at 499 usd, then do conversion when you pay, so 700 can (ish)… plus tax of course.
Pretty expensive mod for sure. Would love a topper but I just can’t justify the cost… you can buy an older pin for less ffs.

Was quoted 770+tax CAD for EL kit from P1.

Scam.

#13619 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

I've been noticing sometimes in multiball I'll lose one of my balls when the scoop shoots it down the middle because the ball save is not active on the scoop eject during multiball

Am I the only one that has a magical machine that DOES have the ball save on during multiball? Pre and post update. I've heard several of you say and confirm it shuts off during multiball, but I can tell you with 100% certainty my ball save indeed works during multiball. Often, to my unwarranted benefit. Perhaps it's because I increased the time from 1s to 2s?

#13620 1 year ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

Am I the only one that has a magical machine that DOES have the ball save on during multiball? Pre and post update. I've heard several of you say and confirm it shuts off during multiball, but I can tell you with 100% certainty my ball save indeed works during multiball. Often, to my unwarranted benefit. Perhaps it's because I increased the time from 1s to 2s?

There is a specific setting to allow it to work during multiball. Factory default is NO, but you can enable it. Sounds like yours is enabled.

#13621 1 year ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

There is a specific setting to allow it to work during multiball. Factory default is NO, but you can enable it. Sounds like yours is enabled.

Agree with this. The setting is elusive, but as my first Stern, I am still learning the menu's... any hints to narrow down where this setting might live in the decision tree?

#13622 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Agree with this. The setting is elusive, but as my first Stern, I am still learning the menu's... any hints to narrow down where this setting might live in the decision tree?

I believe it is in the Rush adjustments and it is right after the ball save for scoop option.

#13623 1 year ago

The only time I have a ball go straight down the middle from my scoop(pro)usually happens when two balls are in the scoop at the same time and they both get ejected together. Sometimes only one ball comes out but it’s definitely with less power because of the crowded scoop. It’s a bit disappointing but I just play on.

#13624 1 year ago

Could someone please help me with the side scoop switch ?

A Picture of the replacement scoop switch and where/if you changed the screw placement would help A Lot.

Mine keeps giving me side scoop alert
And not working correctly. Switch Getting caught on edge of wood I suspect etc.

Thank you.
Please help me solve this.

#13625 1 year ago

Crickets...

So how's everyone who reset the scores for 1.10 feeling about their new scores...?

I'm just getting into it but got 279m for my GC so far, previous 697m or something like that, and other top are all over from 123 to 197m.... I'm missing that extra ball, I can tell you that.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#13626 1 year ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

Could someone please help me with the side scoop switch ?
A Picture of the replacement scoop switch and where/if you changed the screw placement would help A Lot.
Mine keeps giving me side scoop alert
And not working correctly. Switch Getting caught on edge of wood I suspect etc.
Thank you.
Please help me solve this.

You may not have this switch but look and see if the info helps.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1/page/38#post-6809357

#13627 1 year ago

I think he's referring to the scoop switch, which has a service bulletin and an upgrade kit.

https://sternpinball.com/support/rush-kits/

If you don't have the new style switch assembly, order the kit through your distributor and install it. I did on mine, and the scoop switch has worked 100% after the upgrade. It was intermittent with the old switch mechanism.

#13628 1 year ago
Quoted from aamauzy:

I've heard both "the expression light kits are boxed up and ready - I've seen the pallets, they're just waiting for inventory to finish" in January and "I have no clue when any of this will show up" a couple weeks ago. I don't think there is solid info out there yet.

So true. I think the only answer is really, they will get here when they get here. I’ve waited this long though so a week or two or three or four is whatever at this point.

#13629 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Crickets...

So how's everyone who reset the scores for 1.10 feeling about their new scores...?
I'm just getting into it but got 279m for my GC so far, previous 697m or something like that, and other top are all over from 123 to 197m.... I'm missing that extra ball, I can tell you that.

Well I’ll admit I haven’t reset my scores yet. But I’ve been trying to get out to local arcades to play the new games lately so haven’t played as much at home. Plus I recently did a full tear down of my TAF to get ready for sale and I’m about to do a pretty significant tear down of my GnR to fix a spot where I’m starting to see some playfield pooling. So my pinball time has been spent elsewhere.

#13630 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Crickets...

I’m not good enough to have gotten any utility out of the old exploits. My GC is back up to about where it was before around 2 billion after my reset and some play time

#13631 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Crickets...

I haven't played a lot of games on mine since updating, but I did hit 689 million on my third game. I don't know whether or not that was a fluke.

#13632 1 year ago

What is the best distributor to buy the Rush accessories from? I've looked at a few webpages and either they say "coming soon" so you can't order/backorder or they don't even mention the accessories. Even Stern's own website doesn't let you order them.

#13633 1 year ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

What is the best distributor to buy the Rush accessories from? I've looked at a few webpages and either they say "coming soon" so you can't order/backorder or they don't even mention the accessories. Even Stern's own website doesn't let you order them.

https://www.flipnoutpinball.com/stern-games-copy-1

#13634 1 year ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

This distributor GAP will let you order all of them, it's fcfs, and most everything states all claimed for first run, coming soon, not a firm ETA, but it will at least let you order and get your place in line even if second run..
Read the descriptions.. "fcfs be patient" is the general message.

https://www.greatamericanpinball.com/search?q=Rush&type=products

#13635 1 year ago

Need some help.

Last week I updated the new code and I keep getting a message for validation failure, update SD card.

So I re-flashed the SD card…zzz… takes forever... Get the same message. Re-flashed another SD card……Same message. Put the new code on a thumb drive and ran that. Same thing.

Game runs fine. SIC hardware is on, but SIC does not work. Internet is fine.

So basically SIC is out- runs fine on all of my other machines. I have not tried installing the older code (IC was working fine on that)

I have Scorbit on this machine, but it is unplugged. What the hell. Any ideas?

61708ED5-39D6-4DD3-B42D-8CEEB9D9FC1F (resized).jpeg61708ED5-39D6-4DD3-B42D-8CEEB9D9FC1F (resized).jpeg
#13636 1 year ago

Just noticed a glitch in the new software update. I was in a multiball, I think it was subdivisions. I hit the super jackpot shot and all lighting as well as the flippers went dead until the super jackpot animation was completed. Anyone else notice this?

#13637 1 year ago
Quoted from GranpaDave:

Need some help.
Last week I updated the new code and I keep getting a message for validation failure, update SD card.
So I re-flashed the SD card…zzz… takes forever... Get the same message. Re-flashed another SD card……Same message. Put the new code on a thumb drive and ran that. Same thing.
So basically SIC is out- runs fine on all of my other machines. I have not tried installing the older code (IC was working fine on that)
[quoted image]

Perhaps it's the SIC SD card that is corrupt? IIRC, there's 2 SD cards in these games, one for main code, one for IC.

#13638 1 year ago
Quoted from Drussksu:

Just noticed a glitch in the new software update. I was in a multiball, I think it was subdivisions. I hit the super jackpot shot and all lighting as well as the flippers went dead until the super jackpot animation was completed

Strange. The only thing I can think of is if you had started all the other multiball modes earlier in the game, then you would have entered Cygnus mode which causes a temp power-down. But you did not mention the Cygnus planet mode so I am not sure why this happened.

#13639 1 year ago
Quoted from Drussksu:

Just noticed a glitch in the new software update. I was in a multiball, I think it was subdivisions. I hit the super jackpot shot and all lighting as well as the flippers went dead until the super jackpot animation was completed. Anyone else notice this?

Was it all the lights or just the lower GI lights?

#13640 1 year ago
Quoted from GranpaDave:

Need some help.
[quoted image]

Leave the game powered on overnight and it should fix itself by morning, is the advice I’ve been told is the remedy for this type of error message (since you already tried re flashing the code several times)

#13641 1 year ago
Quoted from Photopin:

Was it all the lights or just the lower GI lights?

All the lights. Not a Cygnus mode everything relit after the super jackpot animation completed.

#13642 1 year ago

Re: ball save from lower scoop eject ... I've seen it happen occasionally but not regularly on all four of the machines I play periodically (my own, a friend's, and at two locations). Seems impossible to eliminate 100% but the ball save feature is nice to have on just in case.

Funny story about this feature: I got hosed at a tournament a few months ago -- ball ejected from lower scoop and went SDTM ... no worries, because it had the ball save feature on ... but it hit the apron in a way that it bounced and rolled back up toward the left outlane ... by the time it rolled back down into the drain, the ball save had turned off and I lost the ball!

IIRC, I came back with a big third ball and won the game, so no harm no foul ... but boy was it frustrating at the time!

#13643 1 year ago
Quoted from Drussksu:

Happened to me exactly once since updating and not since then.

Although my interlock is no longer shutting off the HV but I don't think that's related to code updates

#13644 1 year ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Re: ball save from lower scoop eject ... I've seen it happen occasionally but not regularly on all four of the machines I play periodically (my own, a friend's, and at two locations). Seems impossible to eliminate 100% but the ball save feature is nice to have on just in case.
Funny story about this feature: I got hosed at a tournament a few months ago -- ball ejected from lower scoop and went SDTM ... no worries, because it had the ball save feature on ... but it hit the apron in a way that it bounced and rolled back up toward the left outlane ... by the time it rolled back down into the drain, the ball save had turned off and I lost the ball!
IIRC, I came back with a big third ball and won the game, so no harm no foul ... but boy was it frustrating at the time!

Had that exact same scenario once.
Meanwhile, I've turned on this feature setting to enable ball save in multiball and very happy with it set to on. The loss of a ball sdtm after scoop eject isn't something I enjoy anytime. There's plenty of other ways for this game to punish me legitimately.. Glad this is a setting.

#13645 1 year ago
Quoted from Theguyoverthere:

Leave the game powered on overnight and it should fix itself by morning, is the advice I’ve been told is the remedy for this type of error message (since you already tried re flashing the code several times)

I was very skeptical, honestly. This worked! Thanks!

#13646 1 year ago
Quoted from GranpaDave:

Need some help.
[quoted image]

Same thing happened to me - just let the game run for a while and it will go away alone.

I just left it on a couple of times for an hour or two.

#13647 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

I've turned on this feature setting to enable ball save in multiball and very happy with it set to on. The loss of a ball sdtm after scoop eject isn't something I enjoy anytime. There's plenty of other ways for this game to punish me legitimately.. Glad this is a setting.

Same here, and it's fun to occasionally save a ball that WASN’T the scoop ball, just with lucky timing. I know some folks don't like that, but for a home game I have no problem with it. Still fair for all players, it can happen to anyone.

#13648 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Crickets...

I had 550ish million on the 1.10 code on my RUSH Pro machine after playing it for a few days but ended up going back to 1.02 code. I missed the light extra ball from the mystery shot too. I pre-ordered a 2112 shooter rod that may require the 1.10 code though so may need to update to 1.10 once it arrives. If that is the case I think I will switch my replay award to extra ball instead of a credit to offset the missing extra ball mystery award. I am really hoping that Stern puts the mystery award light extra ball back though in the next code update for people without a topper.

#13649 1 year ago
Quoted from Rexdeanrds:

Although my interlock is no longer shutting off the HV but I don't think that's related to code updates

My interlock also stopped shutting off HV after the most recent update. My district is going to send me a new switch but kinda weird that it happened on 2 newish games after an update.

#13650 1 year ago
Quoted from Boslaw:

My interlock also stopped shutting off HV after the most recent update. My district is going to send me a new switch but kinda weird that it happened on 2 newish games after an update.

Your HV switch has two wires going to it. Put your machine in switch test mode.Take another wire/jumper and short the two wires going to the HV switch. If you see it register in the test you have a bad switch. If not it's something else...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 194.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Blaine, WASHINGTON
11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 8.00
Apparel - Unisex
arcade-cabinets.com

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 229.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
WilliPinball Mods

10,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tatamy, PA
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 17,884 posts in this topic. You are on page 273 of 358.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1/page/273?hl=aamauzy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.