20240410_181338 (resized).jpg
IMG_1438 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240407_184826850.MP.jpg
IMG_5558 (resized).jpeg
PNG image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6461 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,890 posts in this topic. You are on page 270 of 358.
#13451 1 year ago

Thanks! I should have these built up in about a month. Let me know and I will keep a list.

#13452 1 year ago

I've been "beta" testing these for several months. They look the bomb, and work great. When the machine is off or they are not blinking, they have a grayish ghost look to them. And they're super bright when they are lit. Buy with confidence.

#13453 1 year ago

So I slipped dice on my stock bulbs, had the ball take the lower scoop out once... Knocked off the die, snapped the plastic led bulb in half right off the base. Easy fix. New bulb (from time machine since I had the mod) and fit the die right back on. Fixed in a minute.
With these bulbs, what would happen? Little glass shards everywhere?

Screenshot_20230403-121257 (resized).pngScreenshot_20230403-121257 (resized).png
#13454 1 year ago

It is glass, so yes it can happen. During install yzfguy moved his back a bit into the plastic to have them tucked in a bit.

#13455 1 year ago
Quoted from MG7322:

It is glass, so yes it can happen. During install yzfguy moved his back a bit into the plastic to have them tucked in a bit.

I think moving them in a quarter inch is plenty. Those dice are big, and hang lower than the bulb, so they are tempting fate when a bulb wouldn't be enlarged in diameter like that. I have no concerns about these breaking.
All I had to do was drill these brackets ..

IMG_20230405_143929241_HDR (resized).jpgIMG_20230405_143929241_HDR (resized).jpgIMG_20230405_144443113_HDR (resized).jpgIMG_20230405_144443113_HDR (resized).jpgIMG_20230405_145005791_HDR (resized).jpgIMG_20230405_145005791_HDR (resized).jpg
#13456 1 year ago

Doesn't get much better than THIS!

57643 (resized).jpeg57643 (resized).jpeg
#13457 1 year ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

DO NOT TRUST any of those old videos if you're aiming for score on the current v1.10 code. There are BIG differences.
- The record boost value now resets on a drain. You won't be able to push it to thousands of percentages like Ray and Karl were doing.
- Rainbow records now max at x2 scoring instead of x4, so that also halves what you can get from any song.
- Rainbow records now do not reset on a drain, so you don't have to do it all on the same ball.
- In v1.10, there is NO reward for making all the record colors match. The x3 multiplier for doing this was removed and so all you get is making every shot x2 individually.
- The song mode values were removed from bonus and heavily capped for Cygnus book II. So you might score a billion from songs, but in v1.10 this doesn't blow up into scoring that billion several times over again. You can't get the 15 billion that Ray was doing like that any more.
The basic idea of scoring a billion is still the same: complete songs to get rainbow records to make the values bigger for the next song. But in v1.10, don't chase matching colors or big song percentage boosts (except during a multiball); you need to play and get through more songs.

I didn't care for the rule changes, so I'm not updating my code.

#13458 1 year ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

DO NOT TRUST any of those old videos if you're aiming for score on the current v1.10 code. There are BIG differences.
- The record boost value now resets on a drain. You won't be able to push it to thousands of percentages like Ray and Karl were doing.
- Rainbow records now max at x2 scoring instead of x4, so that also halves what you can get from any song.
- Rainbow records now do not reset on a drain, so you don't have to do it all on the same ball.
- In v1.10, there is NO reward for making all the record colors match. The x3 multiplier for doing this was removed and so all you get is making every shot x2 individually.
- The song mode values were removed from bonus and heavily capped for Cygnus book II. So you might score a billion from songs, but in v1.10 this doesn't blow up into scoring that billion several times over again. You can't get the 15 billion that Ray was doing like that any more.
The basic idea of scoring a billion is still the same: complete songs to get rainbow records to make the values bigger for the next song. But in v1.10, don't chase matching colors or big song percentage boosts (except during a multiball); you need to play and get through more songs.

Seems like a pretty aggressive change. Can understand nerfing the 1000%'s for example. And capping Cygnus 2. But the other changes seem overly aggressive for the sake of nerfing scores of an elite few players.

Is there a current/revised complete ruleset that takes in all the changes?

#13459 1 year ago
Quoted from Magicman:

Vespula May be time to replace your GNR avatar with a Rush avatar. Then again, it may be time to replace my Pinball Magic avatar with a Rush avatar.

Quoted from Vespula:

First love... it is tough.

Vespula I see you finally put your first love behind you. Good move.

#13460 1 year ago
Quoted from Magicman:

I think he wants a foo

#13461 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

This will probably get updated at some point, if not already (I didn’t dig into it):

http://tiltforums.com/t/stern-rush-rulesheet/7409

#13462 1 year ago

No turning back now, I reset all my high scores per the recommendations with the new code!

#13463 1 year ago
Quoted from swampfire:

This will probably get updated at some point, if not already (I didn’t dig into it):

Thanks - yeh, they start talking about it at the end - page 181 http://tiltforums.com/t/stern-rush-rulesheet/7409/181

Guess I should trust these players that are way better than I am. Hope to put some time on the new rules this weekend.

#13464 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Seems like a pretty aggressive change. Can understand nerfing the 1000%'s for example. And capping Cygnus 2. But the other changes seem overly aggressive for the sake of nerfing scores of an elite few players.

Quoted from swampfire:

Quoted from cooked71:

Thanks - yeh, they start talking about it at the end - page 181 http://tiltforums.com/t/stern-rush-rulesheet/7409/181
Guess I should trust these players that are way better than I am. Hope to put some time on the new rules this weekend.

I'm one of these people that has really struggled with the record colors, rainbow colors, shifting them around, collecting all six, etc. It just hasn't clicked with me yet. I think I'm understanding with the new code.. because it seems more logical.
There's no real benefit to getting all six colors which was confusing to me , and now if I'm understanding correctly the rainbow records don't all disappear after the ball drain, so now I can control my planet modes easier without obsessing over matching colors and the rainbow records become the goal to increase my scoring 2x and I get to keep them after I drain.
I'm sure I missed something I'm probably have something wrong but to me this is a step in the right direction and cleans things up.

#13465 1 year ago
Quoted from Magicman:

I thought about your post when I changed it. I'm just all about Rush these days. Thankfully pins don't have feelings and pin-polygamy is encouraged. your turn?

Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I think he wants a foo

Lol. I do want to play Foo, but it'll be a one night stand.
Or should I say, a roll in the hay..

#13466 1 year ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Doesn't get much better than THIS![quoted image]

Screenshot_20220827-191914 (resized).pngScreenshot_20220827-191914 (resized).png
#13467 1 year ago

Heck, I got "vapor metallic" bulbs for free back when I bought well-routed machines. Usually the entire GI was "vapor metallic".

#13468 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

Heck, I got "vapor metallic" bulbs for free back when I bought well-routed machines. Usually the entire GI was "vapor metallic".

I usually chuck those in the trash when converting to LEDs.

#13469 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

to me this is a step in the right direction and cleans things up.

That’s my feeling too. It’s a lot simpler. It takes more work to get the rainbow records, but carrying them over to the next ball is really nice.

#13470 1 year ago
Quoted from schudel5:

[quoted image]

Thats a great pitcher!!
Wish I knew where to get some of that.... 11.9% too ... wow.

#13471 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Thats a great pitcher!!
Wish I knew where to get some of that.... 11.9% too ... wow.

LOL! I was about to grammar police you until Iactually looked at the name of the beer that is awesome

#13472 1 year ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

LOL! I was about to grammar police you until Iactually looked at the name of the beer that is awesome

I think it's(Moving Pitchers) in reference to the Time Machine Tour post- intermission film (3:34)...

Btw, Geddy also reprised the "Director Voice" from this video in some of the callouts. Eg "The World Is The World Oh sorry, lost my train of thought there. Just Hit The Ball!"

#13473 1 year ago

Found this little gem on Etsy.
Resin covered wooden pick.

20230406_134255.jpg20230406_134255.jpg
#13474 1 year ago

PRO V1.10 - March 28, 2023
==========================
Note: Due to changes affecting scoring in this release, the Rush pinball development team recommends that all pinheads reset high scores by going to UTIL -> RESET -> GC, and UTIL -> RESET -> HSTD.

Done!! Let's rock the code!!!

Here's Pro release notes:
https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/03/RUSH_PRO_1.10-README.txt

Here's PreLe release notes:
https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/03/RUSH_LE_1.10-README.txt

#13475 1 year ago

Bug.

Scoop eject sdtm in multiball doesn't ball save.

#13476 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Bug.
Scoop eject sdtm in multiball doesn't ball save.

There's an adjustment for that exact scenario, but it is defaulted to OFF since in multiball it's impossible to tell where the ball drained from

#13477 1 year ago
Quoted from Theguyoverthere:

There's an adjustment for that exact scenario, but it is defaulted to OFF since in multiball it's impossible to tell where the ball drained from

Yeah I guess the scenario where the scoop ejects, but it goes to the right flipper and another ball just happens to drain it the exact one second mark.. yep, You could get that ball back and it wasn't a fault of a sdtm.

I'd rather have the free one then lose my scoop straight down the middle
Kind of like when the ball bounces out of the trough area back on to the flipper. Love that.

#13478 1 year ago
Quoted from Theguyoverthere:

Oh hey I just realized who I was talking to lol Thanks by the way for pointing me to a setting that could change that.... Whlle I got you..
Do you have an idea of the level of effort to integrate the song video footage into the DJ jukebox mode?

#13479 1 year ago

If the person that scored 30B on the leaderboard is present, I would love to know if it was on a pro or premium, and what code. Crazy score! Congrats!

#13480 1 year ago

Ok so I think the new code drains more.

#13482 1 year ago

I know having matching colours locked for a song increase the scoring for that coloured song, but does it also increase the value of the shot in terms of completing the song?

#13483 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I know having matching colours locked for a song increase the scoring for that coloured song, but does it also increase the value of the shot in terms of completing the song?

The matching colored shots score double points for the mode scoring, and in Working Man yes you’ll get double minutes (progress). If you’re struggling to beat working man save it for later when you have all the wildcards to breeze through, or try and match up the oranges.

#13484 1 year ago
Quoted from CrashJT:

Ok I'm so excited. I finally made it into Cignus X-1 book 1! I was at the point where it said to shoot the time machine and I hit it once or maybe twice, but then my balls drained and it said Mission Compromised. Oh well. Got my highest score ever.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Can you now select Cygnus from Jukebox mode? Love this

#13485 1 year ago

https://crownlands.lnk.tt/FearlessWE

If you have five minutes spare, take a listen to this band. All I can say is this is the closest you'll ever get to any new "Rush" Music.

Truly stunning group, possibly the second coming ??

http://www.crownlandsmusic.com

Screenshot 2023-04-07 at 11.53.23 (resized).pngScreenshot 2023-04-07 at 11.53.23 (resized).png

Screenshot 2023-04-07 at 11.54.49 (resized).pngScreenshot 2023-04-07 at 11.54.49 (resized).png
#13486 1 year ago
Quoted from ian866:

If you have five minutes spare, take a listen to this band. All I can say is this is the closest you'll ever get to any new "Rush" Music.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

These guys are coming to my work this Monday opening for “July Talk”. Looking forward to meeting them.

Quoted from Vespula:

I thought about your post when I changed it. I'm just all about Rush these days. Thankfully pins don't have feelings and pin-polygamy is encouraged.

Haha!
“Pin-polygamy “!
Love it.

#13487 1 year ago
Quoted from ian866:

Truly stunning group, possibly the second coming ?

We're seeing these guys live on Sunday!

#13488 1 year ago

Had a once in a lifetime game last night at my local distributor’s showroom after winning a tournament. Reached Cygnus X1 The Voyage for the 2nd time ever, Hemispheres for the first time and somehow finished it all the way through, even when I couldn’t during the challenge mode.

After getting through both X1s I was stuck at the year 2092. For 2 more years via finishing Spirit of the Radio again and maybe a SJP in a multiball?

Flailed around a while longer and finished at 2094. Looked at instant info for hints, but didn’t quite get what all the #/10s meant next to each mode/song.

I’ve been playing pinball for 13 years now and this was without question the singular most satisfying game I’ve ever played.

Anyone with a Rush LE looking for a first run Foo Fighters premium by chance?

FA27F36A-0490-47F8-B11A-D78BD53002FD (resized).jpegFA27F36A-0490-47F8-B11A-D78BD53002FD (resized).jpeg
#13489 1 year ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

Anyone with a Rush LE looking for a first run Foo Fighters premium by chance?

Plus cash

So you own a pro, blew up a premium, but want a LE - but in exchange for your FF pre spot?
Maybe this is only confusing to me?

#13490 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Plus cash
So you own a pro, blew up a premium, but want a LE - but in exchange for your FF pre spot?
Maybe this is only confusing to me?

You hit the nail on the head. Looking for a LE, have a NIB FF premium in trade.

#13491 1 year ago

Something Rush inspired, that I picked up yesterday. Always wanted to learn more/better myself musically, after drumming for 30+ years.

Being that Alex used Ovation for so many years, couldn’t help myself when this deal came around. Now to learn how to actually use it, besides flubbering through basic chords, lol.

9626F47B-54DE-45C1-ADA8-036585B4E325 (resized).jpeg9626F47B-54DE-45C1-ADA8-036585B4E325 (resized).jpeg6FA1A973-093E-4FB0-B364-E4DEBBB73763 (resized).jpeg6FA1A973-093E-4FB0-B364-E4DEBBB73763 (resized).jpeg659341C8-68EF-46CF-BFAD-50AA7041C144 (resized).jpeg659341C8-68EF-46CF-BFAD-50AA7041C144 (resized).jpeg
#13492 1 year ago

Awesome. I taught myself guitar in order to play Rush. 15 years later, and I love it. 2112, The Trees, Spirit of Radio, and 2 dozen others. Learning curve was steep, took a few years to get really comfortable. Makes me appreciate Rush all the more.

#13493 1 year ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

Looking for a LE, have a NIB FF premium in trade.

Just generally curious...
Its that even a fair trade? I'm trying to imagine that deal with my zero experience in trading and basic value understanding based only on pinside market and that seems like you'd have to throw 3k of cash in to even get someone considering it.

#13494 1 year ago

Just watched the making of Rush Pinball by Stern. It’s a great, short nugget. Borg mentioned that there’s a setting in the game for more humorous call outs by the band. Anyone know where that setting is?

#13495 1 year ago
Quoted from ScoobaDoo:

Just watched the making of Rush Pinball by Stern. It’s a great, short nugget. Borg mentioned that there’s a setting in the game for more humorous call outs by the band. Anyone know where that setting is?

I believe it is under adjustments, then Rush. I upped mine to frequent. Default is normal.

#13496 1 year ago
Quoted from ian866:https://crownlands.lnk.tt/FearlessWE
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Nice!

Will you be in Toronto sometime this year?

#13497 1 year ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

After getting through both X1s I was stuck at the year 2092. For 2 more years via finishing Spirit of the Radio again and maybe a SJP in a multiball?
Flailed around a while longer and finished at 2094. Looked at instant info for hints, but didn’t quite get what all the #/10s meant next to each mode/song.

The #/10s are amount of years you've collected from that mode/song out of the 10 possible. Each song awards 5 years for completing or 10 years if you score at least 100 million on it. (If you finish a song a second time, you don't get the 5 years again.) The multiballs, albums, and Bastille Day hurryup also have years available with differing totals and requirements. Collecting 100 years total gets to 2112, of course. See the rulesheet on Tiltforums for full details.

#13498 1 year ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

The #/10s are amount of years you've collected from that mode/song out of the 10 possible. Each song awards 5 years for completing or 10 years if you score at least 100 million on it. (If you finish a song a second time, you don't get the 5 years again.) The multiballs, albums, and Bastille Day hurryup also have years available with differing totals and requirements. Collecting 100 years total gets to 2112, of course. See the rulesheet on Tiltforums for full details.

Thanks for the info, it was the not scoring 100 million in the modes that held me back from 2112.

#13499 1 year ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

Thanks for the info, it was the not scoring 100 million in the modes that held me back from 2112.

If the pin was not on the latest 1.10 code it doesn't count anyway.

#13500 1 year ago

Finally wiped my scores per Stern's recs today - I like the updated default score "holder" names!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 229.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Pyramid Pinball & Arcade

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 194.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 16.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lermods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

$ 210.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 42.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

6,799 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sellersburg, IN
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 27.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 17,890 posts in this topic. You are on page 270 of 358.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1/page/270?hl=aamauzy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.