IMG_3100 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240411_225620072.MP (resized).jpg
20240410_181338 (resized).jpg
IMG_1438 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240407_184826850.MP.jpg
IMG_5558 (resized).jpeg
PNG image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,895 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 358.
#1251 2 years ago
1AB58174-8BBE-4DE9-9805-32B87CA21379 (resized).jpeg1AB58174-8BBE-4DE9-9805-32B87CA21379 (resized).jpeg5D5318BE-EEF4-456D-8DAC-8B70F3423B43 (resized).jpeg5D5318BE-EEF4-456D-8DAC-8B70F3423B43 (resized).jpeg72D9F1D8-760D-402A-8C2F-619C8A0981BB (resized).jpeg72D9F1D8-760D-402A-8C2F-619C8A0981BB (resized).jpegCFDCD8DD-CC07-46C3-A165-347EC18F6C8E (resized).jpegCFDCD8DD-CC07-46C3-A165-347EC18F6C8E (resized).jpeg
#1252 2 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Holy sh!t. There's enough Rush LE flippers out there to have their own thread. 3 screen caps and I don't even get them all.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

If you’re a manufacturer seeing this, do you consider locking an LE (or any NIB) to a buyer for a certain amount of days? Certainly with Insider connect now this could be a possibility. Just a thought experiment here, but:
-disallow spot transfers at the distributor level
-require the game be unboxed and connected/registered with the owner on file with the distributor
-for 60 days, the owner must unlock the game with their IC code each time it’s turned on, after which point it could be unregistered and sold to a new owner

I know it’s not a perfect solution, but it’s enough of a hassle to deter most people from stashing NIB inventory.

#1253 2 years ago

Game found the update via IC now.

#1254 2 years ago

Turns out my wifi network (even with an extender) isn't THAT strong in my arcade room, and it said it would take roughly 8000 hours (or 8000 minutes, I couldn't tell) to download the update via IC. So, I'm downloading to a USB stick now, like an unconnected peasant.

I FINALLY got my Pinwoofer put in, but it had some interesting roadblocks that led to me having a wonderful conversation with a very patient Dan on the phone this afternoon. The power board blew out after I had everything installed and was trying to deal with setup. I had changed the EQ filter mode, heard a pop, and there was no more sound. Dan says it's a coincidence that it happened at that very moment, since the current recommended settings actually tell you to disable that filter mode.

The good news is, I have an identical Pinwoofer KO kit in my Mandalorian, so I swapped the power boards and can now play Rush again. He's sending me a replacement board so I can have Mandalorian back up and running next week. I am absolutely terrible at disconnecting molex connectors from node boards.

Playing the game with actual bass is amazing. I don't have the perfect settings yet because I'm not willing to change the EQ filter again until I have another replacement board just in case it happens again, but it will be well worth the effort when it's done. And Dan was extremely patient with me on the phone.

#1255 2 years ago
Quoted from Blackwolf:

Turns out my wifi network (even with an extender) isn't THAT strong in my arcade room, and it said it would take roughly 8000 hours (or 8000 minutes, I couldn't tell) to download the update via IC. So, I'm downloading to a USB stick now, like an unconnected peasant.
I FINALLY got my Pinwoofer put in, but it had some interesting roadblocks that led to me having a wonderful conversation with a very patient Dan on the phone this afternoon. The power board blew out after I had everything installed and was trying to deal with setup. I had changed the EQ filter mode, heard a pop, and there was no more sound. Dan says it's a coincidence that it happened at that very moment, since the current recommended settings actually tell you to disable that filter mode.
The good news is, I have an identical Pinwoofer KO kit in my Mandalorian, so I swapped the power boards and can now play Rush again. He's sending me a replacement board so I can have Mandalorian back up and running next week. I am absolutely terrible at disconnecting molex connectors from node boards.
Playing the game with actual bass is amazing. I don't have the perfect settings yet because I'm not willing to change the EQ filter again until I have another replacement board just in case it happens again, but it will be well worth the effort when it's done. And Dan was extremely patient with me on the phone.

Dan is great to deal with for sure, pinwoofer is a must for me. On the molex, use a small flat screwdriver and gently spread the tab up, wiggle side to side and it will pop right out. Just takes some practice.

#1256 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I downloaded old fashioned way to USB, no issue. Transferring to USB now

Had that happen too, thankfully I had the USB flash going too.

#1257 2 years ago

Tried a test game on 0.89. Not too shabby! PB for me with my limited number of games so far

20220224_225035 (resized).jpg20220224_225035 (resized).jpg
#1258 2 years ago
Quoted from Blackwolf:

Turns out my wifi network (even with an extender) isn't THAT strong in my arcade room, and it said it would take roughly 8000 hours (or 8000 minutes, I couldn't tell) to download the update via IC. So, I'm downloading to a USB stick now, like an unconnected peasant...

My Wi-Fi is really good and it still says around 3000 minutes to complete, which is more than 2 days...

#1259 2 years ago

Just opened my game today. On my wifi, the update took about 45 min. I wasn’t in a hurry so no big deal. Some of that will be server side.
If I remember correctly, it takes me about that long to download, extract, transfer to usb and then install on a game.

I should note than on my same wifi, GNR updates very quickly.

#1260 2 years ago

Unless you let the updates download in the background, the update takes ~45 min depending on internet speed. Wasn't worth keeping the game down on route, so I'll get the update on my usb stick

#1261 2 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Yeah mine's running right now. Says it's gonna take about 40 min or so, but whatever, I don't have time to play tonight anyway. It was weird, I went to Software Updates and it sat there indicating it was looking for code ... but when I pushed the service button to select Software Update it seemed to find it right away. May have just been timing, but figured I'd mention it just in case.

weird! ya I was wondering if they limit how many connections to their server(s) so they don't take themselves down

Is there a rumor or ETA on the accessories for the game?

#1262 2 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

I should note than on my same wifi, GNR updates very quickly.

JJP uses delta upgrades most of the time - Stern still uses a full package for every upgrade. And now that Stern upgrades are so big, it's quite noticable.. 4+ gigs vs maybe 100megs.

#1263 2 years ago

711 in the house!

17E2BB59-E094-4182-8467-3E03D719AF1E (resized).jpeg17E2BB59-E094-4182-8467-3E03D719AF1E (resized).jpeg
#1264 2 years ago

Got my LE today. I had a late jump on setting up the game, so I just finished the update at 1 am. And, I was like, ok I'll have to try it to once before bed. So...I turned off all the lights, cranked the volume to 30, and pressed the start button. Oh boy, was I pleasantly surprised. This baby flows and just feels great to play. I was having a ton of fun, and I had no idea what I really doing other than hitting shots. An hour later, I'm finally going to bed. But, that was cool. I'll see you soon, Rush. Nite.

#1265 2 years ago

Game does have a pretty strong dedicated following I’ve noticed. It was consistently played most of the night except for a few minutes when the scoop caught the ball and had to shut it down while I bent it back.

One couple said it was on their shortlist for their next pin (they already owned Iron Maiden, Metallica, and Aerosmith), but the scoop issue was going to make it a deal breaker.

CA394E79-14D5-4B68-9003-E06AB87B714E (resized).jpegCA394E79-14D5-4B68-9003-E06AB87B714E (resized).jpeg
#1266 2 years ago

Also, I adjusted the music attenuation. I changed it to -15. That seemed to work well. (Reminder. This increases the music volume.)

Out of the box, it seemed a little off. It was almost like It was going through a filter. Not the clear pop I would expect. Changing the attenuation helped substantially.

#1267 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer31520:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Beautiful collection!

Quoted from northvibe:

Unless you let the updates download in the background, the update takes ~45 min depending on internet speed. Wasn't worth keeping the game down on route, so I'll get the update on my usb stick

My router is in the basement so even with a strong connection - 45 min sounds right. I just play other pins/games while it downloads.

#1268 2 years ago

I'm gonna need to start a shortlist on the side of adjustments - I'm not going to remember where all these posts are when my premium finally arrives!

Change speaker ohms, lower flipper and kickout power, manipulate lock settings for "actual" lock, lower sounds attenuation...

Keep em coming!

#1269 2 years ago
25BEED3F-32D8-4E88-9F6B-CE393A66F348 (resized).jpeg25BEED3F-32D8-4E88-9F6B-CE393A66F348 (resized).jpeg
#1270 2 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Speaking of visibility, anyone else not able to see the inserts in the upper loop? I'm 6 feet tall and can only see them if I stand up on my toes or lean around. A few times I couldn't figure out what to shoot next, because that arrow was flashing and I couldn't see it.

I'm pretty tall and still have to lean to see some of them. I've been thinking about a mod to mount a small strip of mirror above the lane

#1271 2 years ago
Quoted from kool1:

Beautiful collection!

My router is in the basement so even with a strong connection - 45 min sounds right. I just play other pins/games while it downloads.

Mine only saw the 2.4Ghz SSIDs and the display showed 244 which I'm guessing is minutes. Said it was downloaded 1 of 5 but I ended up turning it off. Seems way quicker to just use a USB stick.

#1272 2 years ago
Quoted from aamauzy:

I'm gonna need to start a shortlist on the side of adjustments - I'm not going to remember where all these posts are when my premium finally arrives!
Change speaker ohms, lower flipper and kickout power, manipulate lock settings for "actual" lock, lower sounds attenuation...
Keep em coming!

Might be a good topic for a standalone thread. Might add doing the updates to the list. (As I await my first NIB, I'm downloading and unzipping to a USB in fevered preparation, but am wondering where the usb port is on the machine. I mean, I'm sure I'll be able to find it, but always nice to have some idea where to look.)

#1273 2 years ago
Quoted from Craiger:

Might be a good topic for a standalone thread. Might add doing the updates to the list. (As I await my first NIB, I'm downloading and unzipping to a USB in fevered preparation, but am wondering where the usb port is on the machine. I mean, I'm sure I'll be able to find it, but always nice to have some idea where to look.)

The main CPU board in the center of the backbox. Unlock the speaker panel and flip it down, remove the translite, and you'll see one main board in the center. Very close to the center of that board are two USB ports - one of them will be occupied by the WIFI dongle for Insider Connected. Insert your flash drive in the other one, power on the machine, and you should be good to go.

USB updates are much faster for me, even though I have a router in my game room. I think if you want really fast updates you'd need to run a dedicated CAT6 cable to every machine. Rush is the largest update I've ever seen from Stern - around 8GB.

#1274 2 years ago

Thanks TBD, Much appreciated! Can't wait to see your DIy audio.

And I didn't even know we could hardwire these! I happen to have a handy ethernet port nearby....

#1275 2 years ago
Quoted from kool1:

Beautiful collection!

ya it is 5 files at a few gb each..gonna take a bit :/

#1276 2 years ago
Quoted from Craiger:

Thanks TBD, Much appreciated! Can't wait to see your DIy audio.
And I didn't even know we could hardwire these! I happen to have a handy ethernet port nearby....

Thanks - the DIY audio will be coming this weekend.

Now that they've provided an "official" reason for running cables into your machine from outside (CAT6 cable for Insider Connected), I wish they'd provide a cleaner way of getting the cables into the machine. The only way I'm aware of is through the vents on the bottom of the cabinet near the back. There is a mesh screen stapled down and you need to remove a staple or two to get enough slack to slide a cable through. I do this all the time with external subs, but always wish there were an opening with a dust protector designed for passing cables in and out.

I've never installed a Stern topper but there must be some way to run wiring from the top of the backbox inside.

#1277 2 years ago

Holy sh!t. There's enough Rush LE flippers out there to have their own thread. 3 screen caps and I don't even get them all.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I love the one ad stating “Unfortunately I have to sell it....”
....but I’m asking $4K more.

Explain to me, the value these people have added to the game, to ask/expect $2-4K over MSRP. I know their reasoning(or can gather), but want them to actually explain how they added that kind of value to a machine that’s still in the box, lol.

Wet dreams I guess, there was one only a couple of hours from me, and had their price actually been based in reality, it would have been sold and in my house by now.

People aren’t here to financially support your overspending habit people.....

#1278 2 years ago
Quoted from SterlingRush:

I love the one ad stating “Unfortunately I have to sell it....”
....but I’m asking $4K more.
Explain to me, the value these people have added to the game, to ask/expect $2-4K over MSRP. I know their reasoning(or can gather), but want them to actually explain how they added that kind of value to a machine that’s still in the box, lol.
Wet dreams I guess, there was one only a couple of hours from me, and had their price actually been based in reality, it would have been sold and in my house by now.
People are here to financially support your overspending habit people.....

“Unfortunately I have to sell it....

1) Because I have another game coming
2) Just had some house expenses come up
3) I've looked at the gameplay and it's not for me

I'm sure there's others

#1279 2 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

I've never installed a Stern topper but there must be some way to run wiring from the top of the backbox inside.

Their backboxes have a roughly 1" hole on the top, with a black plastic plug in place to cover it up from the factory. Good spot to run a cable in, even if it is at the very top of the game.

#1280 2 years ago

Had not listened to Grace Under Pressure in a few years. Listened last night.

I know most people like the old stuff but what a f**king great album. Absolutely love it. Afterimage is burned in my brain today - can't stop singing it in my head.
Rush-Grace-Under-Pressure-album-cover-web-optimised-820 (resized).jpgRush-Grace-Under-Pressure-album-cover-web-optimised-820 (resized).jpg

#1281 2 years ago

“Unfortunately I have to sell it....
1) Because I have another game coming
3) I've looked at the gameplay and it's not for me
I'm sure there's others

But I'm also adding $2k to the price because of this.

#1282 2 years ago

At this time I think listing to $12.5k is probably the highest to break even depending if you had to pay taxes and shipping. $11.1k + $900 tax ~8% + $500 shipping on the high end. Folks listing higher than that are seeking bonus IMO.

#1283 2 years ago
Quoted from NEW-B:

Bernie_Sanders_Again_Asking"_Meme_Template-2 (resized).jpegBernie_Sanders_Again_Asking"_Meme_Template-2 (resized).jpeg
#1284 2 years ago

Tonight and tomorrow night at 9pm EST, we will be streaming our LE! twitch.tv/wilddogarcade

#1285 2 years ago
Quoted from Coyohtay:

Tonight and tomorrow night at 9pm EST, we will be streaming our LE! twitch.tv/wilddogarcade

I need some tips and tricks to score big points. I suck. LOL

#1286 2 years ago

I was assured upgrading to a gold-plated garbage disposal would theme-integrate better with my cooking

#1287 2 years ago
Quoted from kool1:

Had not listened to Grace Under Pressure in a few years. Listened last night.
What a f**king great album. Absolutely love it. Afterimage is burned in my brain today - can't stop singing it in my head. [quoted image]

Definitely an underated Rush album. Kid Gloves is my favourite. Alex has a great guitar solo that he professes to be one of his best ... as far as I know they have never preformed it live. Not sure why as it's a great tune!

#1288 2 years ago
Quoted from NEW-B:

66l7yc (resized).jpg66l7yc (resized).jpg
#1289 2 years ago
Quoted from Jcanuck72:

Definitely an underated Rush album. Kid Gloves is my favourite. Alex has a great guitar solo that he professes to be one of his best ... as far as I know they have never preformed it live. Not sure why as it's a great tune!

Now that you mention - I've never seen live that I recall.

It is a great tune for sure. I wish there were more recent songs on the pin but I understand their picks.

#1290 2 years ago
DE5B37FA-D8AE-4C6C-A1CA-14B444311BAF (resized).jpegDE5B37FA-D8AE-4C6C-A1CA-14B444311BAF (resized).jpeg
#1291 2 years ago

That's just ridiculous.

#1292 2 years ago

It looks like the area well out in front of the scoop through the arrow is wearing badly or is that just a camera artifact?

#1293 2 years ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

It looks like the area well out in front of the scoop through the arrow is wearing badly or is that just a camera artifact?

Nope it’s wearing

#1294 2 years ago

#1295 2 years ago

Does this justify a new playfield? Lmao

#1296 2 years ago

YIKES.....

#1297 2 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Does this justify a new playfield? Lmao

Maybe? Seems like the scoop exits should have had Mylar.

#1298 2 years ago

OK thats it. I'm not playing any more games. I just played my FIRST game and then stopped to look here. Ouch! Question.....I'm waiting on the code update.....and set it to lock all balls in the scoops but now when I drain, it goes in to ball search until it kicks it back out. Is this a bug in the original code?

#1299 2 years ago

Now I'm kind of glad my pro is being made last

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8.00
Apparel - Unisex
arcade-cabinets.com

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

10,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tatamy, PA
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 275.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 16.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
WilliPinball Mods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 35.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 17,895 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 358.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1/page/26?hl=pinwoofer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.