20240322_163631 (resized).jpg
20240319_194137 (resized).jpg
20240319_194051 (resized).jpg
IMG_5172 (resized).jpeg
20240313_124509 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240313_232015126 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240313_230406999 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,847 posts in this topic. You are on page 269 of 357.
#13401 11 months ago
Quoted from Craziestsinge:

The topper should have included a brand-new game play mode with an additional bonus Rush track to help justify the steep price

I would be fine with this at this price point, still hoping for Roll the Bones to be added!

Make it happen Borg/Stern!

#13402 11 months ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I would be fine with this at this price point, still hoping for Roll the Bones to be added!

It is a shame that 90's Rush isn't represented with at least a single track. I would have liked to have seen Dreamline as a good Rush "pinball track".

#13403 11 months ago

Big shout out to CrashJT ddebuss Schwaggs , for a couple of new toys added to my machine

New shooter rod installed, love the look, subtle and nice. Although, I’ve had to readjust my skill shot plunge, as this one seems smoother, lol.

As for toppers, I’m really liking this one from Gameroom Mods, it’s so beautifully done when you see it person and up close. Hands down, not missing the “official topper” craziness. Kudos to those that want and got one, I’ll enjoy this at 12% the cost of Stern’s.

Roll the Bones was a huge impact on my life and musical career, only fitting to be displayed with such honor in our home. As mentioned multiple times in this thread, it would have been nice, to have a song from RTB featured. It was planned, just sadly not executed.

Anyway, for those looking for an alternative topper, plenty of options out there, I just wanted to share a little bit of this one from GR Mods. Great customer service and products, as always with them.
547F5253-9040-4BBD-89E8-6918631E1A49 (resized).jpeg547F5253-9040-4BBD-89E8-6918631E1A49 (resized).jpeg5FE02EEB-1811-456E-984A-C5F8F5996177 (resized).jpeg5FE02EEB-1811-456E-984A-C5F8F5996177 (resized).jpegCCA45FE4-58EA-4FF8-B3CD-E9451C0A60E8 (resized).jpegCCA45FE4-58EA-4FF8-B3CD-E9451C0A60E8 (resized).jpegDD1EC820-B4D0-463F-8B78-996D6A17DB23 (resized).jpegDD1EC820-B4D0-463F-8B78-996D6A17DB23 (resized).jpegC0C3E372-8260-44AD-8CB6-13EFC99083A5 (resized).jpegC0C3E372-8260-44AD-8CB6-13EFC99083A5 (resized).jpeg

8C10B717-86A5-4AF8-8DF8-631C2918A143 (resized).jpeg8C10B717-86A5-4AF8-8DF8-631C2918A143 (resized).jpeg
#13404 11 months ago

About The making of Stern’s Rush Pinball there is an animation at 7’04 in Working Day mode. I’ve never seen this one. And you ?

#13405 11 months ago
Quoted from GandalfBlack:

About The making of Stern’s Rush Pinball there is an animation at 7’04 in Working Day mode. I’ve never seen this one. And you ?

I don't recall seeing the "Playing Solitaire" one.

#13406 11 months ago
Quoted from SterlingRush:

Big shout out to CrashJT ddebuss Schwaggs , for a couple of new toys added to my machine
New shooter rod installed, love the look, subtle and nice. Although, I’ve had to readjust my skill shot plunge, as this one seems smoother, lol.
As for toppers, I’m really liking this one from Gameroom Mods, it’s so beautifully done when you see it person and up close. Hands down, not missing the “official topper” craziness. Kudos to those that want and got one, I’ll enjoy this at 12% the cost of Stern’s.
Roll the Bones was a huge impact on my life and musical career, only fitting to be displayed with such honor in our home. As mentioned multiple times in this thread, it would have been nice, to have a song from RTB featured. It was planned, just sadly not executed.
Anyway, for those looking for an alternative topper, plenty of options out there, I just wanted to share a little bit of this one from GR Mods. Great customer service and products, as always with them.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

The topper and shooter look awesome!!! I like the "Roll The Balls" lol

#13407 11 months ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Ignorance and prejudice
And fear walk hand in hand

Quoted from kmad:

Ignorance and prejudice
And fear walk hand in hand

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1/page/266#post-7504668

#13408 11 months ago

Hi, I have a Rush Pro and I really want to purchase/install the Expression Lighting. The issue is - I have a really low ceiling and I'm unable to flip the playfield all the way open to the backbox without it hitting the ceiling. From what I've read, in order to install expression lights the playfield needs to be removed and it appears that you must be able to completely open the playfield to remove it. Is there any work around on this? ... other than carrying the machine out to my yard? Thanks!!

At least this problem precludes me from needing to spend money on a topper - it won't fit!

#13409 11 months ago
Quoted from the_carmanizer:

Hi, I have a Rush Pro and I really want to purchase/install the Expression Lighting. The issue is - I have a really low ceiling and I'm unable to flip the playfield all the way open to the backbox without it hitting the ceiling. From what I've read, in order to install expression lights the playfield needs to be removed and it appears that you must be able to completely open the playfield to remove it. Is there any work around on this? ... other than carrying the machine out to my yard? Thanks!!
At least this problem precludes me from needing to spend money on a topper - it won't fit!

Put a short table under it and take off the legs (of the pin )

#13410 11 months ago

I'm unable to flip the playfield all the way open to the backbox without it hitting the ceiling.

You can easily remove the playfield without lifting it vertical. Slide it out and forward, disconnect cables in backbox, and lift it out. If you don't want to disconnect cables, there's just enough room to lift it out and place on a stool next to the cabinet or lean it up against the cabinet resting on the floor.

#13411 11 months ago

I bet this wouldn’t be super easy to implement, but I’d love if the concert footage could play in the jukebox mode.

#13412 11 months ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

I bet this wouldn’t be super easy to implement, but I’d love if the concert footage could play in the jukebox mode.

I make this request every chance I get.
You can workaround it at times in the game, for the song playing only, and dump the ball under the upper flipper and dont launch, just watch the concert. I have done that a few times. In the new code, with Concert mode, this would be even better.

#13413 11 months ago
Quoted from Vespula:

I make this request every chance I get.
You can workaround it at times in the game, for the song playing only, and dump the ball under the upper flipper and dont launch, just watch the concert. I have done that a few times. In the new code, with Concert mode, this would be even better.

Much better avatar

#13414 11 months ago
Quoted from SterlingRush:

I understand keeping the songs limited, as it's a lot of work to create modes & expression light shows for all of those songs....but - I think it would be cool if even just some snippets of other songs like "Roll the Bones" were included as Game Over music. I'm sure the band would allow that if Stern wanted to add a little extra sauce.

#13415 11 months ago
Quoted from brzezicki:

Can you post a picture of the shooter plate on your machine? I like that a lot and would definitely buy that though I'm not sure if I'd like the gold frame of the picture frame. I'd love to see it on a machine to see how it looks.

Here ya go! I just didn't have one at the time I made the earlier post.

20230404_172437 (resized).jpg20230404_172437 (resized).jpg
#13416 11 months ago

How hard would it be to program in additional background songs that can be selected at start but not set up as modes? It doesn't seem like it would be all that complicated since a majority of the code is already there.

If so, it seems like it would be beneficial to both Rush and Stern to add pay-for-play on songs that weren't on the original list. If you want a specific song, just pocket up some cash and add it to the game.

#13417 11 months ago
Quoted from Photopin:

How hard would it be to program in additional background songs that can be selected at start but not set up as modes? It doesn't seem like it would be all that complicated since a majority of the code is already there.

Expression Lighting makes that more difficult. Every song would need a fully “animated” light show, plus they’d have to add concert footage for the whole song. Not sure what the memory limits of Spike 2 are, but I think Rush has the biggest file size for a Stern pin so far.

#13418 11 months ago
Quoted from Big_Whoopin:

Here ya go! I just didn't have one at the time I made the earlier post.
[quoted image]

oh thanks that especially looks perfect with the color of the LE!

#13419 11 months ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Expression Lighting makes that more difficult. Every song would need a fully “animated” light show, plus they’d have to add concert footage for the whole song. Not sure what the memory limits of Spike 2 are, but I think Rush has the biggest file size for a Stern pin so far.

I didn't think about programing the expression lighting.

#13420 11 months ago

Ok I'm so excited. I finally made it into Cignus X-1 book 1! I was at the point where it said to shoot the time machine and I hit it once or maybe twice, but then my balls drained and it said Mission Compromised. Oh well. Got my highest score ever.

20230404_205245 (resized).jpg20230404_205245 (resized).jpg20230404_205247 (resized).jpg20230404_205247 (resized).jpg20230404_205250 (resized).jpg20230404_205250 (resized).jpg
#13421 11 months ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Back in the club after a brief hiatus. Expression lights ordered.[quoted image]

Hey brother, been meaning to text ya. I'll be in Louisville next week for DRI. Was hoping to drop off my Prospector to ya. I miss that machine so gosh darn much...

#13422 11 months ago

For you guys busting a billion...what's yer secret sauce? Help a brother out lol

#13423 11 months ago

Focus on the modes
Let everything else just happen.

#13424 11 months ago

Combos and modes seem to be the getter, along the way, try to setup the harder to reach multiballs, and harder shots of modes, then start your easy multiballs. The multiballs can help complete modes, and also help get you to multiball after multiball.

Once the game gets rolling, it just starts stacking multipliers and bonuses. Even then, you feel like you’re blowing up the game, then find out you’re only at 600,000,000....lol.

Full disclosure, only cracked 1B once, but been close quite a few times now. Think I’m around 350ish plays on the machine.

#13425 11 months ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

Focus on the modes
Let everything else just happen.

This. Sometimes I'll have multiple games just trying to match the records and build up the value, without even starting a multiball. The matching of colour records before starting modes is genius and/or just really appeals to my OCD lol. Haven't really seen anything like it. And such good risk-reward having to constantly hit those bastard RUSH targets. Even little details, deliberate or not, like the RHS sling post being harder to post pass off than the LHS post, meaning hitting those RUSH targets is even more tricky and risky.

#13426 11 months ago
Quoted from CrashJT:

Ok I'm so excited. I finally made it into Cignus X-1 book 1! I was at the point where it said to shoot the time machine and I hit it once or maybe twice, but then my balls drained and it said Mission Compromised. Oh well. Got my highest score ever.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

It must be your lucky apron hehehe I should start charging for my signature - instantly raise your scores with this one neat trick!

#13427 11 months ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

For you guys busting a billion...what's yer secret sauce? Help a brother out lol

For me, I put in a game or two where I barely break 10 Mil then I'm pretty much guaranteed that the next one will be 1 or 2 billion.

#13428 11 months ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Talent.

#13429 11 months ago
Quoted from Theguyoverthere:

It must be your lucky apron hehehe I should start charging for my signature - instantly raise your scores with this one neat trick!

Totally is the lucky apron! Lol.
Thanks again!

Jim

#13430 11 months ago
Quoted from CrashJT:

but then my balls drained and it said Mission Compromised

no comment

#13431 11 months ago

Freudian slip, ROTFL

#13432 11 months ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Hey brother, been meaning to text ya. I'll be in Louisville next week for DRI. Was hoping to drop off my Prospector to ya. I miss that machine so gosh darn much...

Seriously, I've only broken 1B 2x and they were months apart. I really think watching better pinball players play has helped my game. All the mode details are true and can help, but practicing proper nudging and watching real players who are better than you play live where you can see what they do and even ask questions about various techniques. I think that's invaluable. I saw some stuff at TPF and MGC that I've never seen or tried before. (And all the Really good players were in the tournament somewhere else. Lol. ) There were still lots of really nice people who were willing to explain some of their moves (after the game). I'm still not doing ALL that stuff, but it did encourage me to not be afraid of bumping the machine a bit. You all know it's my baby. Lol. But apparently they can stand some reasonable bumping, so why not try. Worst thing that happens is a) you bump it the wrong direction and it drains anyway - learning lesson b) you bump too much and you get a warning right before it drains c) you save it and maybe get a little more confidence. I've watched Abe flips nudging videos, and they're ok, but I find them hard to learn from... but better than nothing. Basically anytime the ball is heading towards the outlines or going literally sideways between the slings (which I think means you've already done something wrong) you need to go into action and give a little shake to try to counteract the inevitable. That's what I did more of tonight. Plus, I only had 15 minutes and of course spent like 30+ lol. And finally, buy some lucky signatures!

#13433 11 months ago

Lol!!

#13434 11 months ago

I just watched Ray's 14b video this morning for the first time and I learned so much from watching him play and talk through moments with Dalton.... Really helpful.

Thanks Ray!! All your videos have made a huge impact on me at a perfect time with an epic game. The more I watch and learn the more fun it gets. I'm not sure, as my first Stern, that I could have enjoyed it to the extent that I do without them. Much appreciated.
I just need a signature apron so I can break 1billion too.

#13435 11 months ago
Quoted from cooked71:

This. Sometimes I'll have multiple games just trying to match the records and build up the value, without even starting a multiball. The matching of colour records before starting modes is genius and/or just really appeals to my OCD lol. Haven't really seen anything like it. And such good risk-reward having to constantly hit those bastard RUSH targets. Even little details, deliberate or not, like the RHS sling post being harder to post pass off than the LHS post, meaning hitting those RUSH targets is even more tricky and risky.

I really want/need to understand this better.

#13436 11 months ago
Quoted from 6point5degrees:

I really want/need to understand this better.

Me too. I'm watching this again for the umpteenth time.. around 15 minutes Ray starts to try to build a mode and get all 6 records matching, which is what he calls the advanced strategy, or greed method. lol.
Edit: as called out in a future post The new code 1.10 changes this. Here's the post:

Quoted from vikingerik:

DO NOT TRUST any of those old videos if you're aiming for score on the current v1.10 code. There are BIG differences.
- The record boost value now resets on a drain. You won't be able to push it to thousands of percentages like Ray and Karl were doing.
- Rainbow records now max at x2 scoring instead of x4, so that also halves what you can get from any song.
- Rainbow records now do not reset on a drain, so you don't have to do it all on the same ball.
- In v1.10, there is NO reward for making all the record colors match. The x3 multiplier for doing this was removed and so all you get is making every shot x2 individually.
- The song mode values were removed from bonus and heavily capped for Cygnus book II. So you might score a billion from songs, but in v1.10 this doesn't blow up into scoring that billion several times over again. You can't get the 15 billion that Ray was doing like that any more.
The basic idea of scoring a billion is still the same: complete songs to get rainbow records to make the values bigger for the next song. But in v1.10, don't chase matching colors or big song percentage boosts (except during a multiball); you need to play and get through more songs.

But all the same, here's the video:

Next up ...
This long tutoring rules video with Joel and Ray is really good for basic noob total approach, basic rules, (same disclaimer above that it was made with old code!) and it's not a gameplay video per se, and it's long .....but Ray really walks Joel through from knowing nothing and first plunge, how to play, and all in a very elementary way. As Joel plays for first time and knows nothing, he is processing (like records colors concepts as they relate to modes and multiballs) all in real time, and his questions are working through it from that perspective ... very helpful to watch as his brain bends (not as much as mine!) into a pretzel, and then he restates what he thinks he knows and heard and Ray is able to correct and teach .. lucky!! . The fact that they are using a pro, and I have a pro, is a bonus!! Thanks for this ! I don't know what code this video is on but it's not latest, so if you are 1.10+ then scoring and rules may/will be different!

#13439 11 months ago
Quoted from Vespula:

You forgot to mention "Out of stock!"

Crazy quick!

#13440 11 months ago

I guess we'd have to know how many orders it takes for Stern to reach sell out status to be really impressed.
Distros snapped them up?
I hope I made the cut for first run!

#13441 11 months ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I vote for YYZ!!

#13442 11 months ago

Are we sure they were ever "in stock" on the Stern website? Or did they just publish place holders marked "out of stock" to disallow ordering until stock is truly available?

As of a couple days ago, my distro had "no clue" when he'd receive accessories - maybe those logistics are still being worked out with placeholders just being published for when that info IS ready?

#13443 11 months ago
Quoted from aamauzy:

Are we sure they were ever "in stock" on the Stern website? Or did they just publish place holders marked "out of stock" to disallow ordering until stock is truly available?
As of a couple days ago, my distro had "no clue" when he'd receive accessories - maybe those logistics are still being worked out with placeholders just being published for when that info IS ready?

They are just there for reference, in my experience. There are very very few items in the accessories shop that are actually able to be purchased.

#13444 11 months ago

DO NOT TRUST any of those old videos if you're aiming for score on the current v1.10 code. There are BIG differences.

- The record boost value now resets on a drain. You won't be able to push it to thousands of percentages like Ray and Karl were doing.

- Rainbow records now max at x2 scoring instead of x4, so that also halves what you can get from any song.

- Rainbow records now do not reset on a drain, so you don't have to do it all on the same ball.

- In v1.10, there is NO reward for making all the record colors match. The x3 multiplier for doing this was removed and so all you get is making every shot x2 individually.

- The song mode values were removed from bonus and heavily capped for Cygnus book II. So you might score a billion from songs, but in v1.10 this doesn't blow up into scoring that billion several times over again. You can't get the 15 billion that Ray was doing like that any more.

The basic idea of scoring a billion is still the same: complete songs to get rainbow records to make the values bigger for the next song. But in v1.10, don't chase matching colors or big song percentage boosts (except during a multiball); you need to play and get through more songs.

#13445 11 months ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

This is great summary of the changes....I think the videos are definitely still great for who are still learning the basic concepts.

Everybody needs to go in to their settings and follow the recommendations in the 1.10 release notes and clear out all their scores and start over.
Now when somebody says they got 1+ billion you'll have to ask "Which code ?"

#13446 11 months ago

This! Is a Must!

Seconded!

#13447 11 months ago

Get a Harbour Freight lift table.

#13448 11 months ago
Quoted from drummermike:

Get a Harbour Freight lift table.

Could take the playfield out and gently put it on a side table.

#13449 11 months ago

Use lift table to raise pin. Take off legs. Lower pin.

I wish I had bought my HF lift table after buying my first pin. It gets used for many projects.

#13450 11 months ago

Check out these vapor metallic glass led bulbs from Mitchell lighting. Mitch has wedge base bulbs in his pinside shop for other games, and made these bayonet base bulbs for me. They will be available soon in his shop.
I did drill new mount holes in the metal L brackets for the scoop LEDs and put a spacer in for the jackpot bulb, as they are long bulbs, and I wanted them tucked in a bit.
I love them, and they look great when off as they match the steam punk vibe and earth tones of the game, and they are nice and bright when they flash.
Hit Mitch up with any interest, I know you want these
They take away the cheap look of those stock bulbs with the colored ring base showing, and class up the game a little.

IMG_20230405_145821021_BURST016 (resized).jpgIMG_20230405_145821021_BURST016 (resized).jpgIMG_20230405_145821021_BURST020 (resized).jpgIMG_20230405_145821021_BURST020 (resized).jpgIMG_20230405_145829404_BURST000_COVER (resized).jpgIMG_20230405_145829404_BURST000_COVER (resized).jpgIMG_20230405_145829404_BURST001 (resized).jpgIMG_20230405_145829404_BURST001 (resized).jpgIMG_20230405_145848422_BURST000_COVER (resized).jpgIMG_20230405_145848422_BURST000_COVER (resized).jpgIMG_20230405_145848422_BURST003 (resized).jpgIMG_20230405_145848422_BURST003 (resized).jpgIMG_20230405_145848422_BURST004 (resized).jpgIMG_20230405_145848422_BURST004 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
Lighting - Interactive
NinjaCamp Mods
Interactive
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball
Toppers
$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods
Sound/Speakers
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
9,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Algonquin, IL
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People
Toys/Add-ons
$ 42.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 50.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Pyramid Pinball & Arcade
Other
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
There are 17,847 posts in this topic. You are on page 269 of 357.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1/page/269?hl=diablorush and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.