20240410_181338 (resized).jpg
IMG_1438 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240407_184826850.MP.jpg
IMG_5558 (resized).jpeg
PNG image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6461 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,890 posts in this topic. You are on page 267 of 358.
#13301 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinplayer1967:

Most likely limited. I learned my lesson years ago and dithered on the $399 Iron Maiden topper and missed out, now I just tell my distro when buying a game to reserve a future topper.

I remember reading an interview with Wolfgang Porsche, they asked him how he got their top cars to keep their value so well and being in such high demand, and he replied: we estimate how many we could sell, and we make fewer than that. I guess Stern must have learned the same lesson because they seem to never have any inventory sitting there.

Three years ago I hesitated a couple of weeks before ordering the UV Kit for my Stranger Things, next thing you know it took 16 months before my order was fulfilled. Lesson learned... make decisions fast or be prepared to wait.

#13302 1 year ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

Here’s to the GOAT pinball machine, RUSH!

I became a diehard fan AFTER the pinball

Happy April 1st, 2112

And are you Canadian to boot?
Why did you ignore the country flagship band?
Amazing. . Regardless, welcome to the fan club!

#13303 1 year ago
Quoted from Vino:

$1700 topper or just order more Rush beer…
Tough call

Topper AND Rush Beer = Better Call.

#13304 1 year ago

The accessories are here at Midwest Gaming Classic!

20230401_111320 (resized).jpg20230401_111320 (resized).jpg20230401_111327 (resized).jpg20230401_111327 (resized).jpg20230401_111450 (resized).jpg20230401_111450 (resized).jpg
#13305 1 year ago

I am psyched that I got to meet Ray Day and have him sign my apron at Midwest Gaming Classic.

20230401_114323 (resized).jpg20230401_114323 (resized).jpg
#13306 1 year ago
Quoted from CrashJT:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Topper looks sweet!

#13307 1 year ago
Quoted from CrashJT:

Wow thank you for posting. How did it function? Any thoughts?

So excited to get this!!

#13308 1 year ago
Quoted from CrashJT:

I am psyched that I got to meet Ray Day and have him sign my apron at Midwest Gaming Classic.
[quoted image]

Damn Jim you're everywhere!

#13309 1 year ago

The topper has a bunch of rgb leds behind the gears that change. Th

Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Damn Jim you're everywhere!

Lol. I'm crazy. This was probably too much too soon, but it's fun. They have 3 Rush premiums here. Lines are shorter than tpf.

#13310 1 year ago
Quoted from CrashJT:

The topper has a bunch of rgb leds behind the gears that change. Th

Lol. I'm crazy. This was probably too much too soon, but it's fun. They have 3 Rush premiums here. Lubed are shorter than tpf.

Hope you meant lines not lube...., unless talking about the toppers, lol.

#13311 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

Wow thank you for posting. How did it function? Any thoughts?
So excited to get this!!

I will spend some time later to just look and then will comment. It definitely has rgb lights around it that change up. The gears spin at times. The radio dial spins and the awards seem to go out as you earn them. There's only one premium with all 4 accessories. It shoots a little different from mine, so it's hard to do as much. The shooter doesn't feel bad. I was scared because of the size, that it might suck, but it's not bad. It says Rush 2112 on the plate and has red leds on the plate and in the knob. When there's a ball in the shooter lane the red knob lights up.

#13312 1 year ago

Topper looks great especially compared to the Mando topper. What a waste.

#13313 1 year ago

Anyone know the max height of the topper?

#13314 1 year ago

Man that topper is going to look so sweet on the Pro. With the big owl.
Anyone with Jedi Photoshop skills throw them together real quick?

#13315 1 year ago
Quoted from DrDQ:

Anyone know the max height of the topper?

It's the height of a galaxy s22 ultra from the top of the machine to the top of the back of the topper.

#13316 1 year ago

New Rush pinball sign design if you missed out on the first run. PM me for details. Thanks.

337153DD-0C65-48DB-A0AF-1F86B13E6616 (resized).jpeg337153DD-0C65-48DB-A0AF-1F86B13E6616 (resized).jpeg
#13317 1 year ago
Quoted from CrashJT:

What no 2112 album on the topper?

#13318 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

What no 2112 album on the topper?

I think it's the collectible ones for the weapon?

#13319 1 year ago

If any Premium owners are interested, I’ve got a WizardMod apron cover w/IC blocker, shooter lane magnet, and action button magnet package, that I’m not going to use.

$50 shipped in the 48 states

#13320 1 year ago
Quoted from CrashJT:

It's the height of a galaxy s22 ultra from the top of the machine to the top of the back of the topper.

...which is 6.43 inches, or 163.3 mm for anyone that isn't stuck in the dark ages.

#13321 1 year ago
Quoted from CrashJT:

I think it's the collectible ones for the weapon?

Hey Crash #1 priority this evening: go to Scott Danesi's show tonight.
Give it a half hour till the crowd's gettin really pumped. Then go pull the plug on him.
Scott LOVES this prank and you guys will laugh all night about it.

#13322 1 year ago
Quoted from Big_Whoopin:

...which is 6.43 inches, or 163.3 mm for anyone that isn't stuck in the dark ages.

Thanks guys. Not good, I may be able to get it to fit.

#13323 1 year ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

I will admit to never hearing Clockwork Angels until the pin was released.
THAT album blew me TF away for sure!
ABSOLUTE MASTERPIECE!

I listened to the album on headphones while I was on the treadmill yesterday. Can confirm, it’s awesome! I saw them on the CA tour too.

#13324 1 year ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

I will admit to never hearing Clockwork Angels until the pin was released.
THAT album blew me TF away for sure!
ABSOLUTE MASTERPIECE!
And actually in my Rush top 5. All killer no filler.
What a way to "exit stage left". Glad they ended on such a magnificent high note.

Quoted from swampfire:

I listened to the album on headphones while I was on the treadmill yesterday. Can confirm, it’s awesome! I saw them on the CA tour too.

I'm going to have to revisit this album... I'm like many my age who were probably more early to mid 80s Rush aficionados And really know that material....
While I would easily say that everything from Rush is great, for regular listening in my Rush playlist I gravitate towards everything permanent waves thru power windows.
I was too young prior, and got involved with other things after power windows, like turning 18 and gaining my freedom and owning my first car. Those albums from permanent waves to power windows all hit me at just the right time, ages 13-18.

There's a good splattering of songs after power windows that are in my playlist. And I most familiar with the older stuff before permanent waves that I absolutely love and have added to my playlist but I don't know the material of the lesser known songs amongst all those albums.
Back in the day Chronicles really pulled me in different directions and stretched my appreciation for material that I wasn't normally listening to back then. It's still one of my favorite compilation albums. Exit stage left was probably the first one that really pulled me into Rush and how good they were live and moving pictures blew my mind and subsequently got me to the Signals tour as my first concert and then grace under pressure, later in the late '90s I got to a test for echo show which I really went to to hear the old stuff. I do regret not going to more shows more but grateful I got to see them twice in the '80s.

The good news in that is that I get to continue to discover rush and fill in those gaps... For example far cry was not familiar to me until this pinball machine and holy moly what a song... I'm still trying to really appreciate one little victory. If it made it on the pinball machine then it's obviously a top 15 song between the band and Ed. And I choose it every now and then to get a little deeper into it but it hasn't fully clicked with me yet. Not saying I don't like it just saying it's still a little unfamiliar and different from the rush that I've spent time with for the decades past.

I've listened to all the albums all the way through At least once in the past but now I'm going to go relisten to clockwork Angels... Thanks for the idea!

#13325 1 year ago
Quoted from DrDQ:

Thanks guys. Not good, I may be able to get it to fit.

You just need to ask yourself, what is more important? The Rush topper or your ceiling? I mean, I don't even know why this is a question.

(And I may be facing the same delimma myself...)

#13326 1 year ago
Quoted from Big_Whoopin:

You just need to ask yourself, what is more important? The Rush topper or your ceiling? I mean, I don't even know why this is a question.
(And I may be facing the same delimma myself...)

Is that truly accurate? It looks much taller than that! I mean the height? If it’s less than 10” I’ll be golden!!!!

#13327 1 year ago
Quoted from ccw2112:

Is that truly accurate? It looks much taller than that! I mean the height? If it’s less than 10” I’ll be golden!!!!

CrashJT said it's the height of a galaxy s22 ultra, and I pulled that phone's dimensions from online... I haven't seen the topper in person myself.

#13328 1 year ago
Quoted from ccw2112:

OK, so I did some "poor internet measuring"... The game's head with is about 27.75". So I took one of CrashJT's images, cropped it to just the top of the head and the topper, then scaled the image so the width was 2775 pixels from head edge to head edge. With that the height of the topper worked out to be 735 pixels, or about 7.35". So if that checks out you only need about 7.5" of space above your head to fit the topper.

YMMV, my measurements are just ballparks, objects in mirror are larger than they appear, if your shooter rod is stiff for more than 4 hours seek medical attention.

#13329 1 year ago
Quoted from Big_Whoopin:

OK, so I did some "poor internet measuring"... The game's head with is about 27.75". So I took one of CrashJT's images, cropped it to just the top of the head and the topper, then scaled the image so the width was 2775 pixels from head edge to head edge. With that the height of the topper worked out to be 735 pixels, or about 7.35". So if that checks out you only need about 7.5" of space above your head to fit the topper.
YMMV, my measurements are just ballparks, objects in mirror are larger than they appear, if your shooter rod is stiff for more than 4 hours seek medical attention.

MONEY !!!!!!!!!!! fingers crossed!!!

#13330 1 year ago

Just watching pinball expo 2022 video with the Stern Rush team and Borg's first concert ever in 81 was Rush. It's great when the designer is a really big Rush fan. A great team behind the game for sure

Also, had no idea about the challenge modes? Did you all know about this? I've been under a rock. Did I miss the posts on this? I'm looking forward to checking those out!

Cool tidbit was Borg said the laser etch on the right ramp was supposed to be costed out of the pro.... But "they kinda forgot." Lol. Thanks for forgetting guys!!
(And extra special shout out for releasing the pro with an expression compatible cabinet!!)

And of course they were glowing about the forthcoming topper design that they said would not disappoint (price excluded, lol). They were right imo. Can't wait!

#13331 1 year ago

In my humble opinion, the best Topper on the best pin. I have not seen a better topper.

Very few toppers that I would even consider buying. For example, the Mando, PF, GF toppers do nothing for me, but this Rush topper is a beaut.

Quoted from Vespula:

And of course they were glowing about the forthcoming topper design that they said would not disappoint (price excluded, lol). They were right imo. Can't wait!

#13332 1 year ago

I'll just leave this right here for now...

Removing the playfield when you install the kit is highly recommended. I tried not to and it just became a pain. You'll have to disconnect 3 cables and cut a couple of zip ties to get one of the node board cables out of the wiring bundle and unplugged. Have a friend or loved one help you pull the playfield out. Much easier to complete the installation this way. And my cab did come with all the pre-drilled holes for the 2 new boards so that helped as well.

Yes, they aren't cheap! Yes, they look fantastic! Yes, they should have been included with the damn premium!

#13333 1 year ago

Updated today. Anyone have a difinitive solution to the Game Validation Error on Rush?

It's not going away and my IC is dead.

20230402_151611 (resized).jpg20230402_151611 (resized).jpg
#13334 1 year ago
Quoted from dzorbas:

I'll just leave this right here for now...
Removing the playfield when you install the kit is highly recommended. I tried not to and it just became a pain. You'll have to disconnect 3 cables and cut a couple of zip ties to get one of the node board cables out of the wiring bundle and unplugged. Have a friend or loved one help you pull the playfield out. Much easier to complete the installation this way. And my cab did come with all the pre-drilled holes for the 2 new boards so that helped as well.
Yes, they aren't cheap! Yes, they look fantastic! Yes, they should have been included with the damn premium!

Thanks for the video, the expression lighting looks awesome! I take it you followed this for playfield removal?

#13335 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

Updated today. Anyone have a difinitive solution to the Game Validation Error on Rush?
[quoted image]

Sorry I don’t. Did you update via Flash Drive or via Insider Connected? Maybe try another update via Flash Drive?

#13336 1 year ago
Quoted from tslayer71:

Thanks for the video, the expression lighting looks awesome! I take it you followed this for playfield removal?

That's a good video! I couldn't remember if there were 2 or 3 connectors in the bottom of the cab plus the data cable. And my shoulders are shot so there's no way I'd try to lift the playfield out on my own.

I have a horrible set of stairs down to my basement. I've resorted to pulling my games apart to make it easier to get them down there. The newer Sterns are fairly easy to do this with. I've moved a lot of games up and down this way. I just figured it out on my own and it has gotten easier over time.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#13337 1 year ago

Finally broke 1.5b last night in an epic game. Had about 5 stupid low scoring game prior, then this happened…..
49462284-7826-4796-BBAA-2C2F44718C8B (resized).jpeg49462284-7826-4796-BBAA-2C2F44718C8B (resized).jpeg

Got to Cygnus1 and scored 500m on that alone. No idea what I was doing.

Funny moment was just as I qualified Cygnus, got a nasty drain and tilted to try to save the ball, got the tilt warning and the flippers went dead. I assumed I had tilted out just before getting Cygnus and was cursing everything. Then the screen kept going with stuff, and the music kept going for ages, and I thought the game had frozen due to tilt plus Cygnus happening at the same time. Was just about to walk away and game came to life and I was in Cygnus.

Fun times. Such a brilliant game.

Oh, and finally installed these.

3BFA9E78-C752-4C9F-977F-C9DBBBAE3A9F (resized).jpeg3BFA9E78-C752-4C9F-977F-C9DBBBAE3A9F (resized).jpeg

Still picture doesn’t do them justice since they glow in time with the light show.

#13338 1 year ago

Feel free to make fun of my little $6 snow owl from Michael’s. I changed the 2 white lights to blue to make him look moonlit (that’s why the owl’s blue on the album).

65198C3C-0801-44B1-92B5-AE0C2D8AC365 (resized).jpeg65198C3C-0801-44B1-92B5-AE0C2D8AC365 (resized).jpeg
#13339 1 year ago

A little more about the accessories. I talked to Mike Vinkour who programed the EL for LZ, Rush and now FF. He explained that the Tim (Sexton) programed the 5 or 6 RGBs behind the gears to intercept the EL signals, so the topper performs the same colors as the EL. Now that I know and take it all in at the same time it's cool! Also confirmed by playing that as you collect "The Weapon" albums, they light up on the topper. (I observed 2 lighting but not in the same game). The armor looks cool. The starman is inset behind a hole in the metal. So be careful when installing it. The shooter knob is not actually wired for light itself. It goes glows because of two red leds below the entrance point of the shooter into the 2112 shooter plate. (If you're concerned abut 2112 not being on the topper, you need the shooter...on the bright side, think of the savings!) I only discovered this by covering the lit red leds and seeing no Illumination. It's done well.

I have an update regarding the topper height. I roughly measured from the back of the topper and the "top"at the back is slightly lower than the highest point (the center gear). I also hadn't noticed a 1/4 - 1/2" plastic lip that exceeds the height of the back of the topper. I'm attaching a pic of the side profile. Sorry for any confusion. Big_Whoopin seems to have a reasonable estimate. And ccw2112 , it's def less than 10",

20230401_123244 (resized).jpg20230401_123244 (resized).jpg20230401_123449 (resized).jpg20230401_123449 (resized).jpg20230401_123451 (resized).jpg20230401_123451 (resized).jpg20230402_141043 (resized).jpg20230402_141043 (resized).jpg20230402_142211 (resized).jpg20230402_142211 (resized).jpg20230402_150958 (resized).jpg20230402_150958 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230402_171137_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230402_171137_Gallery (resized).jpg
#13340 1 year ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Feel free to make fun of my little $6 snow owl from Michael’s. I changed the 2 white lights to blue to make him look moonlit (that’s why the owl’s blue on the album).
[quoted image]

Looks Great!

#13341 1 year ago
Quoted from CrashJT:

ccw2112 , it's def less than 10",

CrashJT …. THANK YOU !!

#13342 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

I'm an IT guy, my only experiences with Rush updates are over wireless.

The error message indicates that your SD card is invalid. Since you just updated, it is doubtful that the card is bad. It simply needs the software reinstalled. You would need a computer download the software and reinstall on the SD card (you will need an SD card reader). I'm sure the Stern site has instructions.

There might be a way to boot from the old version, then do the upgrade.

#13343 1 year ago
Quoted from CrashJT:

A little more about the accessories. I talked to Mike Vinkour who programed the EL for LZ, Rush and now FF. He explained that the Tim (Sexton) programed the 5 or 6 RGBs behind the gears to intercept the EL signals, so the topper performs the same colors as the EL. Now that I know and take it all in at the same time it's cool! Also confirmed by playing that as you collect "The Weapon" albums, they light up on the topper. (I observed 2 lighting but not in the same game). The armor looks cool. The starman is inset behind a hole in the metal. So be careful when installing it. The shooter knob is not actually wired for light itself. It goes glows because of two red leds below the entrance point of the shooter into the 2112 shooter plate. (If you're concerned abut 2112 not being on the topper, you need the shooter...on the bright side, think of the savings!) I only discovered this by covering the lit red leds and seeing no Illumination. It's done well.
I have an update regarding the topper height. I roughly measured from the back of the topper and the "top"at the back is slightly lower than the highest point (the center gear). I also hadn't noticed a 1/4 - 1/2" plastic lip that exceeds the height of the back of the topper. I'm attaching a pic of the side profile. Sorry for any confusion. Big_Whoopin seems to have a reasonable estimate. And ccw2112 , it's def less than 10",
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Aww the topper has silver nuts and washers?? I'm out.
Nah, I know... I'll wait for the brass hardware kit to show up on the Market here. I'm back in!!!
Seriously, that is so stout. Very pleased, at the crown Rush deserves.

#13344 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Aww the topper has silver nuts and washers?? I'm out.
Nah, I know... I'll wait for the brass hardware kit to show up on the Market here. I'm back in!!!

Haha thanks for the tip! I didn't get the topper but a local friend did, so I'll have a look see when he gets it and will add it to the shop accordingly. Hopefully it's not nearly as difficult as the main kit was!! lol

#13345 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Funny moment was just as I qualified Cygnus, got a nasty drain and tilted to try to save the ball, got the tilt warning and the flippers went dead. I assumed I had tilted out just before getting Cygnus and was cursing everything. Then the screen kept going with stuff, and the music kept going for ages, and I thought the game had frozen due to tilt plus Cygnus happening at the same time. Was just about to walk away and game came to life and I was in Cygnus.

Cygnus starts by killing the flippers, that's normal. The intro to Cygnus (both books) is very lengthy, with seven or eight pages of instructions that each stay up for about ten seconds. I'd bet that somehow the tilt warning video took precedence and overrode all the instructions, but the game was still marking time as if displaying them, before starting the mode.

Was your 1.5B on the new code (v1.10)? 1.02 had higher scoring that was nerfed.

#13346 1 year ago
Quoted from swampfire:

[quoted image]

I put a low cost owl in mine as well and it hasn't changed how the game plays at all.

#13347 1 year ago

Can anyone tell me after upgrading to v1.10 if adjustments are saved or go back to default? I guess the easiest way to tell would be if your game is still in free play after the upgrade. Thanks!

#13349 1 year ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

Cygnus starts by killing the flippers, that's normal. The intro to Cygnus (both books) is very lengthy, with seven or eight pages of instructions that each stay up for about ten seconds. I'd bet that somehow the tilt warning video took precedence and overrode all the instructions, but the game was still marking time as if displaying them, before starting the mode.
Was your 1.5B on the new code (v1.10)? 1.02 had higher scoring that was nerfed.

Yeh, I realised when it came back to life that it was just a coincidence that I thought I had tilted when in fact it was Cygnus. It's a very long intro - not sure what it was telling me - I'm assuming it was a summary of the scoring I had built up for Cygnus?

I think it's 1.02 I'm still on - havent updated for a while - but i'll take it

#13350 1 year ago

I read today that Alex's favorite album is Moving Pictures. He said everything just fell into place, and it was the most fun he had recording an album. Grace Under Pressure and Vapor Trails he said were nightmares to record.
Go figure ha.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Lighting - Led
Gameroom Mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 42.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 210.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

10,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tatamy, PA
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 17,890 posts in this topic. You are on page 267 of 358.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1/page/267 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.