20240319_194051 (resized).jpg
IMG_5172 (resized).jpeg
20240313_124509 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240313_232015126 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240313_230406999 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240313_230353824 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240313_230324405 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,839 posts in this topic. You are on page 266 of 357.
#13251 12 months ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Took the words right from my fingers... very happy with the Pro.
I also got the shooter rod.
But I didnt want to mess up my side cabinet art with the flipper button armor/protector, and didnt care about it anyway, but it looks pretty good on the Premium, I think.

Quoted from Dobler:

My distro said shipping end of April.
I went in on expression lights (no brainer) and a topper. The pricing gave me serious pause on the topper, but I caved and went for it. I bought a Pro because I wanted to leave budget for both of those. My thought was would I want a Premium without them or a Pro with them and that made my decision. I’d love to have a Premium (or LE for sure) with the extras, but I’m actually really happy with the Pro.

Pro savings definitely pay for the topper and lights. The VUK and clock didn't matter that much to me.

I'll probably pull the trigger. I have added a shaker headphone jack, custom Rush lights and upgraded speakers with a woofer. Pass on armor. I don't want the art covered either.

20230305_160414 (resized).jpg20230305_160414 (resized).jpg
#13252 12 months ago
Quoted from CrashJT:

If anyone cares about an easy Expression Light install, you MIGHT want to check the lower center left inside side of your Rush cabinet for 7 predrilled holes that the EL boards screws into. If you don't have them, you'll need to drill your own. On my Premium they were NOT predrilled. I explain how I made a template from the circuit board and drilled them in this post.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1/page/184#post-7108131

Are these them holes?

A2BF8C30-AF98-40E2-9405-8303CA74E7A2 (resized).jpegA2BF8C30-AF98-40E2-9405-8303CA74E7A2 (resized).jpeg
#13253 12 months ago
Quoted from Ten31:

Are these them holes?[quoted image]

indeed they are.

#13254 12 months ago

Finally played planet mode(from menu select), had a fun time playing that.

It got me thinking though, two things:
-For those who don’t have the NinjaCamp scoop sleeves installed, how long before that “tang” sound from hitting the scoops, drives you nuts while playing?

-For those that don’t have any cooling fans on their flipper coils, how much do you struggle in long games?

Just things that came to mind, while I had ball chaos going on, chasing planets.

#13255 12 months ago
Quoted from SterlingRush:

-For those that don’t have any cooling fans on their flipper coils, how much do you struggle in long games?

RUSH is a pretty slow build to fade, doesn't come in until 50 minutes to an hour, so you'd have to be having an incredible game to feel it in a single game. Or, playing a bunch of games in a row would do it. It's not a Stranger Things, where you're into fade in about a half hour or less, depending on play style.

#13256 12 months ago

Over a year ago when I got my LE I told my distributor to put me on the list for a topper, figuring it would be around 1k.
I started saving.
After the release of the Mando topper, I upped my guess of the RUSH topper being around 1.2-1.5k and still kept saving.
When it came out at nearly 1.7k I was like DAMMIT! It looks cool but that's a lot of freaking money for something that sits on top of my machine, and I'll never look at while I'm playing.
Still, I thought I'd wait a day or two before making up my mind.
Now, a couple days later, I'm telling myself 1.7k for some plastic gears, LEDs and motors? I'll pass and use my money to buy another pin....or two.

#13257 12 months ago
Quoted from Photopin:

something that sits on top of my machine, and I'll never look at while I'm playing.

Is this true? I thought it was code interactive, informational and enhanced the gameplay.

#13258 12 months ago

Quick to judge
Quick to anger
Slow to understand
*IS ME*

#13259 12 months ago

Been hung up on that awesome track last few days
WITCH HUNT

#13260 12 months ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Is this true? I thought it was code interactive, informational and enhanced the gameplay.

Yes, it's supposed to be interactive but you'll probably never see it while you're playing. It will be something for other people to look at while you're playing and I okay alone most of the time.

#13261 12 months ago

On another note, I was joking about this the other day but slapped (very sloppily) this together just to see if it would work. It's about 2 inches tall.

Yes it works but I'd be afraid an air ball would send tiny rocks flying everywhere inside the machine.

IMG_20230330_194822863 (resized).jpgIMG_20230330_194822863 (resized).jpg
#13262 12 months ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Quick to judge
Quick to anger
Slow to understand

Those who know what's best for us must rise and save us from ourselves

#13263 12 months ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Those who know what's best for us must rise and save us from ourselves

Such a lyrically deep track. Currently 5 minutes in on Cygnus X-1 Book II

#13264 12 months ago

Ignorance and prejudice
And fear walk hand in hand

#13265 12 months ago

Got to play a nice pro at 7venth Sun brewery in Tampa. Definitely isn’t getting enough play since I got 2 replays in one game.

1E4EDD96-1431-4153-B8DA-973C7F64E5E9 (resized).jpeg1E4EDD96-1431-4153-B8DA-973C7F64E5E9 (resized).jpeg
#13266 12 months ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

Got to play a nice pro at 7venth Sun brewery in Tampa. Definitely isn’t getting enough play since I got 2 replays in one game.
[quoted image]

Sweet!
I'm hoping to run into a premium that I can spend some time playing one day.

#13267 12 months ago

Anyone make a custom insider card that kinda matches the clockwork factory instruction card?

#13268 12 months ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Anyone make a custom insider card that kinda matches the clockwork factory instruction card?

I have not.

#13269 12 months ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/custom-apron-cards-printable-versions-only/page/28#post-6770296

#13270 12 months ago

I removed them and got the wizardmod vinyl apron cover

Screenshot_20230331-021246 (resized).pngScreenshot_20230331-021246 (resized).png
#13271 12 months ago
Quoted from SterlingRush:

Finally played planet mode(from menu select), had a fun time playing that.
It got me thinking though, two things:
-For those who don’t have the NinjaCamp scoop sleeves installed, how long before that “tang” sound from hitting the scoops, drives you nuts while playing?
Just things that came to mind, while I had ball chaos going on, chasing planets.

I actually love the sound of the “tang” as you call it. Feels great when you nail that bottom scoop for an Add-a-ball during MB, kinetic satisfaction as they call it. Gonna keep using the original scoop for as long as I can.

#13272 12 months ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

I actually love the sound of the “tang” as you call it. Feels great when you nail that bottom scoop for an Add-a-ball during MB, kinetic satisfaction as they call it. Gonna keep using the original scoop for as long as I can.

Every time you hear that “Tang”= ball scratches and play field damage. I wish Stern would lose these scoops so close to the flippers. The scoop cover really works good though

#13273 12 months ago
Quoted from Pinplayer1967:

Every time you hear that “Tang”= ball scratches and play field damage. I wish Stern would lose these scoops so close to the flippers. The scoop cover really works good though

Zero playfield wear and balls seem fine after about 500 plays on my machine. (Pro)

#13274 12 months ago
Quoted from Vespula:

That’s what pushed my rationalization LOL for such a ridiculous price. Sounds like a new mode with additional achievements and high scores. Plus the ability to track progress of combos.

I bought this machine on theme alone as Rush is my all time favorite band, but to my pleasant surprise it has actually become my favorite pin of all time as well. So it is bolted to the floor so why not trick it out. I also skipped buying any of the aftermarket mods to save funds for this. I did end up getting a shaker motor though.

#13275 12 months ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Quick to judge
Quick to anger
Slow to understand
*IS ME*

I'm often entertained that you (IIRC) never listened to Rush prior to getting the pin, and have since been completely absorbed by the music.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#13276 12 months ago
Quoted from Dobler:

That’s what pushed my rationalization LOL for such a ridiculous price. Sounds like a new mode with additional achievements and high scores. Plus the ability to track progress of combos.
I bought this machine on theme alone as Rush is my all time favorite band, but to my pleasant surprise it has actually become my favorite pin of all time as well. So it is bolted to the floor so why not trick it out. I also skipped buying any of the aftermarket mods to save funds for this. I did end up getting a shaker motor though.

I broke down and I put my deposit down today.

It's not a rational decision at all - rationalization is definitely possible to get the credit card out though. RUSH!!!!!!

#13277 12 months ago
Quoted from kool1:

It's not a rational decision at all - rationalization is definitely possible the get the credit card out though. RUSH!!!!!!

I have a friend who had a good quote that might sum this up

"Moderation in everything, including moderation"

Enjoy your accessories when you get them! you only live once.
(On a side note I actually bought Rush too because my love of rush, I acctually did not like the art at all, and the broken down one I played without being able to hear it at a arcade did not impress me. once I actually got it though, could hear it and played a clean fast machine..... it's certainly one of my all time favorites and right now I cannot stop playing it)

#13278 12 months ago
Quoted from brzezicki:

I have a friend who had a good quote that might sum this up
"Moderation in everything, including moderation"
Enjoy your accessories when you get them! you only live once.
(On a side note I actually bought Rush too because my love of rush, I acctually did not like the art at all, and the broken down one I played without being able to hear it at a arcade did not impress me. once I actually got it though, could hear it and played a clean fast machine..... it's certainly one of my all time favorites and right now I cannot stop playing it)

I don't know if you've done it, but the pinwoofer upgrade is amazing for the sound of this machine. I was very hesitant at first an had it hooked up to an external powered sub, but I just installed the pinwoofer kit and WOW! is all I can say.

#13279 12 months ago
Quoted from brzezicki:

the broken down one I played without being able to hear it at a arcade did not impress me. once I actually got it though, could hear it and played a clean fast machine..... it's certainly one of my all time favorites and right now I cannot stop playing it

This is EXACTLY what happened to me. I went to Game Galaxy and a Pro was leaning sideways and went to the outlanes everytime, I couldnt hear it, just horrible. I walked out thinking how much money I saved. Weeks later went into Game Terminal, and that Pro was pristine, and was off hours and I could hear it.... I played a solid 30 minutes for 50 bucks and ... 2 months later I own a Pro. Pinwoofer and home use, its awesome.

Quoted from NEW-B:

I don't know if you've done it, but the pinwoofer upgrade is amazing for the sound of this machine. I was very hesitant at first an had it hooked up to an external powered sub, but I just installed the pinwoofer kit and WOW! is all I can say.

Yes, its a must have. The detail and all the game sounds that jump out you didnt know were there with PW, and audiophile quality it gives Rush music... WOW! is all I can say too.

#13280 12 months ago
Quoted from kool1:

It's not a rational decision at all - rationalization is definitely possible to get the credit card out though. RUSH!!!!!!

You may be able to trade it for a GnR LE one day, the way the price on that game is going.

#13281 12 months ago
Quoted from Big_Whoopin:

I'm often entertained that you (IIRC) never listened to Rush prior to getting the pin, and have since been completely absorbed by the music.

Haha. I know it may seem that way, but I'll never forget hearing Working Man for the 1st time on my "cool" neighbor's 15" Cerwin Vegas.
That was in 1988. I went out and bought that cd right away, and still have it.
I missed out on a lot of their more obscure tracks, like Witch Hunt, etc.
Wouldn't call myself a superfan but I do love everything Rush.

#13282 12 months ago

I will admit to never hearing Clockwork Angels until the pin was released.
THAT album blew me TF away for sure!
ABSOLUTE MASTERPIECE!
And actually in my Rush top 5. All killer no filler.
What a way to "exit stage left". Glad they ended on such a magnificent high note.

#13283 12 months ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

You may be able to trade it for a GnR LE one day, the way the price on that game is going.

Lol

#13284 12 months ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

GNR could be made better with some new code. Not sure if that will happen. Other big issue of course is JJP kept making them forever...

#13285 12 months ago

Clockwork Angels on blast tonight, you know this.

#13286 12 months ago

Mannn...Alex sliding into that B on the title track just blows me away everytime

#13287 12 months ago
Quoted from PokerTech68:

Sorry if this has been asked before but is there a way to download the older versions of the game code. I thought they used to all be on the Stern download page but now only the most recent version is available.
Thanks for any help with this.

I always look at the download file name in the browser, copy it, paste it in the browser address bar, then change the name to point to the old code.

#13288 12 months ago

That neighbor and I ended up fighting like 10 times.
Monthly ass whoopin in his own front yard.

#13289 12 months ago

I was living in NC when he scared my 12 yr old dog in Indy off with firecrackers, on purpose. Threw them at him.
I whipped his ass bloody for that.

#13290 12 months ago

Dickhead also turned me onto 2112. I didn't get it then. I was primarily punk those years.

#13291 12 months ago

Anybody else drive 12 hours to beat an old neighbor's ass?

#13292 12 months ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Anybody else drive 12 hours to beat an old neighbor's ass?

I'm about to drive out and beat yours!

#13294 12 months ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I'm about to drive out and beat yours!

SORRY CHARLOTTE HORNETS 95 WINDBREAKER prank caller

#13296 12 months ago

Listening to 60 mph wind gusts. Shit is crazy.

#13297 12 months ago
Quoted from kool1:

Atta Boy! Feed the pin addiction, just one more LOL

#13298 12 months ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I always look at the download file name in the browser, copy it, paste it in the browser address bar, then change the name to point to the old code.

I tried that and cannot get it to work. I tried multiple naming conventions and could never get an old one to work. Thanks for the suggestion though. If you can get it to work now please let me know how you did it.

#13299 12 months ago

Here’s to the GOAT pinball machine, RUSH!

I became a diehard fan AFTER the pinball

Happy April 1st, 2112
7D40C38E-7E12-4175-A08D-954C444842D4 (resized).jpeg7D40C38E-7E12-4175-A08D-954C444842D4 (resized).jpeg

#13300 12 months ago

$1700 topper or just order more Rush beer…
Tough call

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Life
Shooter rods
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 229.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation
Armor and blades
$ 50.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 20.00
Electronics
Gameroom Mods
Electronics
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball
Other
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
9,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Algonquin, IL
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 35.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
8,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Auburn, NH
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
NinjaCamp Mods
Protection
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
Machine - For Sale
Portland, OR
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods
Shooter rods
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 17,839 posts in this topic. You are on page 266 of 357.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1/page/266?hl=ripit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.