20240410_181338 (resized).jpg
IMG_1438 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240407_184826850.MP.jpg
IMG_5558 (resized).jpeg
PNG image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6461 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,890 posts in this topic. You are on page 265 of 358.
#13201 1 year ago
Quoted from upsfeedr:

Question when you put in your expression lights did you have to take out the Playfield?? I watch a video where they say you do.

The expression lights themselves, you can do it without removing the playfield, very carefully. If wanting to apply the art blades that come with it, you may want to remove it to give more room to work. I’ve got pics and description of what I did for the lights, I’ll have to look for the post.

Although, there was a video clip somewhere, of someone mounting art blades on a Ghostbusters, without removing the pf.

#13202 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Just noticed shooter lane is taking some bruising... What's the best protection? Easy install?
[quoted image]

Pin Defender. Picked mine up here in the pinside marketplace.

25ea00d2ddfb7c2c0931d9ff887e74e339586d86 (resized).jpg25ea00d2ddfb7c2c0931d9ff887e74e339586d86 (resized).jpg5d6d6c4a27ba48d4510ed11945ede79695710f7f (resized).jpg5d6d6c4a27ba48d4510ed11945ede79695710f7f (resized).jpg7567d9c7c576b070abb44d3ea8c100105a970d5a (resized).jpg7567d9c7c576b070abb44d3ea8c100105a970d5a (resized).jpge5f61b34d73c7e2ce6e734eb44effe3615868b3b (resized).jpge5f61b34d73c7e2ce6e734eb44effe3615868b3b (resized).jpg
#13203 1 year ago

This only cost $600 Can - spinning drum-set. For me, the topper had to be about the three guys...

20221128_214822 (resized).jpg20221128_214822 (resized).jpg
#13204 1 year ago
Quoted from sscharf:

I'm thinking there should be three levels of toppers - Pro ($250), Prem ($450) and LE ($3,850).
I also found an earlier prototype.
[quoted image]

God i love that demonstrator. Always reminds me of the guy who was selling the Lucas additive at the track.

He said his vette went 5mph faster at the end of the straight at the same RPM - HMMmm... what's wrong with that picture?

#13205 1 year ago

Does that screw down or double sided tape? I might try making one with a 3d printer, although I’m pretty terrible at creating 3d models. Just can’t get the hang of the software.

#13206 1 year ago

I’ve read all the comments about how expensive these accessories are and I get it. Dang! A topper, side armor, lighting system, shipping + tax and I’ll be north of $2500. That’s a lot of money. But, that’s what it costs.
I blow stupid amounts of money on fireworks every 4th of July. POOF! Gone in 20 minutes. Maybe less.
My 85 year old father pulled me aside one year and says “Can I ask how much you spent on all these fireworks?” When I told him the amount he goes, “You’re kidding me!! $500????? Holy Moly. That’s like lighting your cash on fire! *sigh* Well……. Did you get $500 worth of fun outta that?”
I told him that yeah, actually, I think I did. He then said “Then it was money well spent.”
Same mindset applies here.

Here’s a couple observations about the Topper:
I’ wonder how they arrived at the final album art layout. Was anyone else surprised that 2112 isn’t up there? Caress of Steel also didn’t make the cut from the 12 featured albums down to the 10 on the topper. To my eye, Snakes & Arrows on the right side doesn’t add much graphically (at that size, it looks like just a border around a white square.) Yeah we all have our favorites, but omitting 2112 seemed like an odd one to ditch.
I’m also confused by the album art display order. Chronologically, right? (just like in the song selections during the game). Seeing Clockwork Angels sandwiched in between Permanent Waves and Moving Pictures makes my OCD alarm freak out!

47FDFB98-8CC9-4DBB-9EE3-6C510124DB84 (resized).png47FDFB98-8CC9-4DBB-9EE3-6C510124DB84 (resized).png

#13207 1 year ago
Quoted from Bill2112Rush:

I’ wonder how they arrived at the final album art layout. Was anyone else surprised that 2112 isn’t up there? Caress of Steel also didn’t make the cut from the 12 featured albums down to the 10 on the topper. To my eye, Snakes & Arrows on the right side doesn’t add much graphically (at that size, it looks like just a border around a white square.) Yeah we all have our favorites, but omitting 2112 seemed like an odd one to ditch.
I’m also confused by the album art display order. Chronologically, right? (just like in the song selections during the game). Seeing Clockwork Angels sandwiched in between Permanent Waves and Moving Pictures makes my OCD alarm freak out!
[quoted image]

The 10 albums on the topper correspond to the 10 albums you can collect by making 1-2-3 combos. I'm not sure why they chose that order, but they're in that same order in the rule sheet from Stern. Most of them are grouped by what shot starts the combo.

#13208 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

pinballjah is in Canada

I was just going by the location in his profile which says Lewiston, NY

#13209 1 year ago
Quoted from squaresville:

The 10 albums on the topper correspond to the 10 albums you can collect by making 1-2-3 combos. I'm not sure why they chose that order, but they're in that same order in the rule sheet from Stern. Most of them are grouped by what shot starts the combo.

Ok thanks for responding.
(You gettin one?)

#13210 1 year ago

Ok thanks for responding.
(You gettin one?)

Man, it was really tempting, but I think I'll be sticking with just expression lights and move the $1700 along to help fund the next pin. But, I guess, never say never! (until they're unobtanium)

#13211 1 year ago
Quoted from Ceckitti:

Pin Defender. Picked mine up here in the pinside marketplace.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

It has a tab that tucks under the side rail and keeps it in place.
Very easy to install. And I looks much better in person than the pictures show. And it does not impede the ball in any way.

#13212 1 year ago

I guess with Kiss and IM toppers going for $1,500-$2,000, Stern is pricing accordingly.

#13213 1 year ago
Quoted from ScoobaDoo:

I 100% agree with this. I don’t quite understand how those on here that claim to be in the hobby since the “good ole days” complain so much about increased prices in what is a “HOBBY”. What was the price back then for eggs, peanut butter, gas, or a Ford truck? Technology and innovation comes with a price. Those prices are also driven by market demand. Right now, demand is at an all time high. Anyone who went to TPF can attest to that….Yes, does Stern price to maximize their return? Sure they do. But I don’t think them or the other companies are sitting back laughing at everyone for buying these accessories. Nobody should be angry at the ones that do buy these accessories. This is a sign of a very healthy market. Just my opinion…

very very valid point. I was worried back in 2008? 2010 that Stern would go out of business and there would be no more pinball (at that point only Stern existed, JJP was just a Stern reseller) so it's good, also we should all realize how lucky we are that we are fortunate enough in life to be able to own and play a pinball when so many can barely hold things down week to week, and that Stern made RUSH! I actually used to think "man it would be funny (and awesome) if Stern made a RUSH" I never thought they actually would (I also never expected to see a Iron Maiden pinball made) Maiden seems more "obvious" as it has a unique theme and art package, but I didn't think I'd ever see a Rush. I stopped buying pinballs back in 2018 and said to myself, "I'm done, the only thing that will get me to buy another pinball is if they make a Rush pinball (believing that would NEVER happen)"... of course they did and now I bought a couple other pinballs too

#13214 1 year ago

Really happy the expression lighting has been released, for a while I was worried it would never happen. Can't wait to see the difference in the game.

#13215 1 year ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

Really happy the expression lighting has been released, for a while I was worried it would never happen. Can't wait to see the difference in the game.

Videos don’t do it justice, wait until they’re installed, and the room is dark except for the machine.

#13217 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

I guess with Kiss and IM toppers going for $1,500-$2,000, Stern is pricing accordingly.

True that. I bought a KISS LE with a topper, routed it for a year at a pizza shop, and easily sold it in a matter of hours on pinside for a $4,000 profit, which I have never made on a machine before. I'm sure the topper made all the difference.

#13218 1 year ago

Oh man, this is so timely. Thank you for doing that!
I'm going to request that be made a key post to help others, and so I can find it when mine get here. PinMonk

#13219 1 year ago

I just attempted to update my Rush Premium to 1.10 using a USB stick. It got to about 1.4GB and errored out saying "Unpack Failure". I tried restarting it several times and still no success. I was told it could be a corrupt SD card. How can I create a new one?

#13220 1 year ago
Quoted from attitude05:

I just attempted to update my Rush Premium to 1.10 using a USB stick. It got to about 1.4GB and errored out saying "Unpack Failure". I tried restarting it several times and still no success. I was told it could be a corrupt SD card. How can I create a new one?

Could be just the file is corrupt. Download a fresh one

#13221 1 year ago
Quoted from attitude05:

How big of a usb? I use 16 gig, never had an issue.

#13222 1 year ago

I also used a 16 gig USB stick. And I've used this many times for other applications and had no issues.

#13224 1 year ago

BWAHAHAHA just heard a new callout ... I was in Freewill multiball and it went terribly -- only got 2.7M on it -- so as the ball drained to end the mode, Geddy said, "What a 'holy horror' THAT was!"

#13225 1 year ago

So I was going to buy expression lighting for $500, but I don't really want to take the play field off, do I really have to do that, can I just tip it up. Seems like a terrible design by stern if that is required

#13226 1 year ago
Quoted from davewash:

So I was going to buy expression lighting for $500, but I don't really want to take the play field off, do I really have to do that, can I just tip it up. Seems like a terrible design by stern if that is required

How is any other design even possible?

#13227 1 year ago
Quoted from davewash:

Takes about 3 mins to take a PF out of the cab. There’s videos on YouTube that are great and can follow along with. It’s literally 2 cords that you unplug.

Don’t let it scare you, this is part of being a pinball owner.

#13228 1 year ago
Quoted from davewash:

You can do it! No big deal!

#13229 1 year ago
Quoted from attitude05:

This is why I update with the sd card. The only issue is you have to learn to use diskpart to re-format the sd card for reuse.

#13230 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

This is why I update with the sd card.

Any suggestions to how to fix it?

#13231 1 year ago

Some news about Rush Topper and improvements ?

I expect not only informations about albums collected but also about albums ready to collect. For exemple Fixed light on the cover when collected and fast blink on the cover for ready to collect.

#13232 1 year ago

...makes my OCD alarm freak out!
[quoted image]

just like the fact that nearly every single topper has the pinball (or in this case, the band) name on it when it's already directly below it on the backglass/translite.
at least in this case, it's small enough on radio face that it's not too distracting (given that it's one all 10 of the albums as well

#13233 1 year ago

Sorry if this has been asked before but is there a way to download the older versions of the game code. I thought they used to all be on the Stern download page but now only the most recent version is available.

Thanks for any help with this.

#13235 1 year ago

I’ve read all the comments about how expensive these accessories are and I get it. Dang! A topper, side armor, lighting system, shipping + tax and I’ll be north of $2500. That’s a lot of money. But, that’s what it costs.
I blow stupid amounts of money on fireworks every 4th of July. POOF! Gone in 20 minutes. Maybe less.
My 85 year old father pulled me aside one year and says “Can I ask how much you spent on all these fireworks?” When I told him the amount he goes, “You’re kidding me!! $500????? Holy Moly. That’s like lighting your cash on fire! *sigh* Well……. Did you get $500 worth of fun outta that?”
I told him that yeah, actually, I think I did. He then said “Then it was money well spent.”
Same mindset applies here.
[quoted image]

I'm getting closer to pulling the trigger. After the initial price shock, I'm slowly moving to the FOMO phase Stern was hoping for.

Life is so short and the only thing I spend my money on for myself is pinball. Rush is the soundtrack to my youth and my life - why shouldn't I have this.

#13236 1 year ago

I've never ordered accessories before - what's the usual experience? I see Flip n Out is taking orders and deposits through their website. I emailed Troy at Tilt and asked to order accessories since he and I have had a few good in-person chats and I've bought used games from him recently - he acknowledged my email, but didn't seem to want a deposit. At least - he didn't ask me for anything yet!

I guess it's like ordering a machine? Some dsitros take deposits, some don't - everyone has their own process?

Does Stern usually make a point to limit production? Or do they TYPICALLY make as many of each accessory as can be ordered? The shooter knob and armor I'm not worried about, since you can still find plenty of those for other games it's clear that Stern makes a ton. Topper - if I can get it - cool, if I can't - I'll survive. I know "typical" practices are completely out the window over the last couple years, but that's all the info we have to go on.

The EL though - I was previously (in January) told it would be super limited, but based on FnO appearing to leave their order form open indefinitely and taking a nonrefundable deposit, I'm wondering if maybe production increased. It definitely doesn't seem like Zach's style to take non-refundable deposit on something unless he knows for certain that he'll receive it to sell.

So - I'm a little confused about the ultimate/intended availability of EL. Is it going to be limited or not? Who knows!

#13237 1 year ago
Quoted from aamauzy:

I've never ordered accessories before - what's the usual experience? I see Flip n Out is taking orders and deposits through their website. I emailed Troy at Tilt and asked to order accessories since he and I have had a few good in-person chats and I've bought used games from him recently - he acknowledged my email, but didn't seem to want a deposit. At least - he didn't ask me for anything yet!
I guess it's like ordering a machine? Some dsitros take deposits, some don't - everyone has their own process?
Does Stern usually make a point to limit production? Or do they TYPICALLY make as many of each accessory as can be ordered? The shooter knob and armor I'm not worried about, since you can still find plenty of those for other games it's clear that Stern makes a ton. Topper - if I can get it - cool, if I can't - I'll survive. I know "typical" practices are completely out the window over the last couple years, but that's all the info we have to go on.
The EL though - I was previously (in January) told it would be super limited, but based on FnO appearing to leave their order form open indefinitely and taking a nonrefundable deposit, I'm wondering if maybe production increased. It definitely doesn't seem like Zach's style to take non-refundable deposit on something unless he knows for certain that he'll receive it to sell.
So - I'm a little confused about the ultimate/intended availability of EL. Is it going to be limited or not? Who knows!

Most likely limited. I learned my lesson years ago and dithered on the $399 Iron Maiden topper and missed out, now I just tell my distro when buying a game to reserve a future topper.

#13238 1 year ago

just watched this video on installing the expression lights

#13239 1 year ago

I’ve never cared for toppers, not a “all my pins must have a topper” kind of guy
But same here.

Passing on the Maiden topper at $399 still burns me.

Quoted from Pinplayer1967:

Most likely limited. I learned my lesson years ago and dithered on the $399 Iron Maiden topper and missed out, now I just tell my distro when buying a game to reserve a future topper.

#13240 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

I'm getting closer to pulling the trigger. After the initial price shock, I'm slowly moving to the FOMO phase Stern was hoping for.
Life is so short and the only thing I spend my money on for myself is pinball. Rush is the soundtrack to my youth and my life - why shouldn't I have this.

Nice! We will have North America Pro owners represented!

#13241 1 year ago

Anyone here anything on when accessories will be shipping?

#13242 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Sometime during spring, is what I have heard and read.

#13243 1 year ago

Accessories will start shipping sometime in April

#13244 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

My distro said shipping end of April.

I went in on expression lights (no brainer) and a topper. The pricing gave me serious pause on the topper, but I caved and went for it. I bought a Pro because I wanted to leave budget for both of those. My thought was would I want a Premium without them or a Pro with them and that made my decision. I’d love to have a Premium (or LE for sure) with the extras, but I’m actually really happy with the Pro.

#13245 1 year ago

I love my Rush premium! I will probably buy the expression lights even though I think they are way overpriced. They can keep that stupid fucking topper for that kind of money. Don’t have any others, and I won’t miss not having this one.

#13246 1 year ago

I gotta say, the Exit Stage Left mod from NinjaCamp is a must-have, even for a skinflint like me.

I initially balked at $135, but I used money I got for some parts lying around, and I am so glad I did! I can tell a lot of thought went into this mod. The rubbery mounting tab is genius; I didn’t even know one could 3D print that kind of material.

For less than 1/12th the cost of the topper, it's a definite no brainer.

Now I just need to remember to look at it!

#13247 1 year ago

If anyone cares about an easy Expression Light install, you MIGHT want to check the lower center left inside side of your Rush cabinet for 7 predrilled holes that the EL boards screws into. If you don't have them, you'll need to drill your own. On my Premium they were NOT predrilled. I explain how I made a template from the circuit board and drilled them in this post.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1/page/184#post-7108131

#13248 1 year ago
Quoted from CrashJT:

If anyone cares about an easy EL install, you MIGHT want to check the lower center left inside side of your Rush cabinet for 7 predrilled holes that the EL board screws into. If you don't have them, you'll need to drill your own. On my Premium they were NOT predrilled. I explain how I made a template from the circuit board and drilled them in this post.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1/page/184#post-7108131

This is great, a lot of PrePro owners will benefit from your info once their EL shows up. Key Post PinMonk

#13249 1 year ago
Quoted from Dobler:

I went in on expression lights (no brainer) and a topper. The pricing gave me serious pause on the topper, but I caved and went for it. I bought a Pro because I wanted to leave budget for both of those. My thought was would I want a Premium without them or a Pro with them and that made my decision. I’d love to have a Premium (or LE for sure) with the extras, but I’m actually really happy with the Pro.

Took the words right from my fingers... very happy with the Pro.
I also got the shooter rod.
But I didnt want to mess up my side cabinet art with the flipper button armor/protector, and didnt care about it anyway, but it looks pretty good on the Premium, I think.

#13250 1 year ago

Well after 9 months (June 2022) my replacement time machine magnet showed up from Stern unexpectedly. I had all but forgotten about the support ticket and figured I'd never see it. I was able to get the original working; so I guess it's a spare. Makes me kind of worried if something catastrophic (node 0 failure) were to happen how long it would be down.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Lighting - Led
Gameroom Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 17,890 posts in this topic. You are on page 265 of 358.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1/page/265 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.