20240410_181338 (resized).jpg
IMG_1438 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240407_184826850.MP.jpg
IMG_5558 (resized).jpeg
PNG image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6461 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,890 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 358.
#1201 2 years ago
Quoted from netman63129:

Ordered! I completely agree, that fan noise is crazy. Why don't they just run the fan constantly at RPMs that keeps the power supply cooler, instead of waiting for it to reach high temperature and then turning the fan on max and sucking up all the dust in the room? This seems like something that could be fixed in software.

Stern has no control over the fan. It's controlled by a temperature sensing switch within the power supply.

They don't run it all the time for power savings. It's not a lot of power, but over millions of those power supplies, it DOES add up. Also there's no need to run it all the time when in colder times of the year it may not need to come on at all. I think it's a fine setup, they just put the wrong fan in there. I fixed that.

#1202 2 years ago
Quoted from Photopin:

After playing several games, one thing I would have liked to have seen was not using the same songs for both modes and as background music. I think they should have used a selection of songs to flip through for standard play then used different songs for the modes so it's not so repetitive.
Maybe someone who has pull will read this and they'll add 10 more songs to fix that problem.

Probably a licensing cost issue. Too much to add another 5-7 songs for background music. Iron Maiden is the same way.

#1203 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Probably a licensing cost issue. Too much to add another 5-7 songs for background music. Iron Maiden is the same way.

Rush clearly is letting them have everything they want. Don't think it's a cost issue. It might be a memory issue...as the game is stuffed with hours of music & video already. Most likely a creative choice. Most Stern music games let you pick a song to start, whether the songs represent a mode or not. Personally I like when games have a "neutral" song, such as Rolling Stones (Start Me Up on Ball 1), Elvis (C.C. Rider on Ball 1), and DE GnR (Paradise City on Ball 1). AC/DC's song selection worked cuz each song was a specific mode. Metallica lets you pick a song, but all of those songs are also mode specific...so that's kinda like Rush. You can pick Fuel as your "main" song...but then Fuel also starts when you start the Fuel Mode.

I don't know the Rush rules at all yet...does picking a song get you a perk? If not, maybe that's something that's being planned? I do think it would be cool to have extra tracks that are just your Ball 1, 2, 3 "neutral" songs...but then people might complain they can't pick their fav.

#1204 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Rush clearly is letting them have everything they want. Don't think it's a cost issue. It might be a memory issue...as the game is stuffed with hours of music & video already. Most likely a creative choice. Most Stern music games let you pick a song to start, whether the songs represent a mode or not. Personally I like when games have a "neutral" song, such as Rolling Stones (Start Me Up on Ball 1), Elvis (C.C. Rider on Ball 1), and DE GnR (Paradise City on Ball 1). AC/DC's song selection worked cuz each song was a specific mode. Metallica lets you pick a song, but all of those songs are also mode specific...so that's kinda like Rush. You can pick Fuel as your "main" song...but then Fuel also starts when you start the Fuel Mode.
I don't know the Rush rules at all yet...does picking a song get you a perk? If not, maybe that's something that's being planned? I do think it would be cool to have extra tracks that are just your Ball 1, 2, 3 "neutral" songs...but then people might complain they can't pick their fav.

No perks, it's the same as Metallica

#1205 2 years ago

Love the rock pins. All set up.

4C9E0AEA-E483-44F5-A96D-6E30E4B80C1E (resized).jpeg4C9E0AEA-E483-44F5-A96D-6E30E4B80C1E (resized).jpegAE241D73-0C9F-4FB8-9DA0-662531CECD3A (resized).jpegAE241D73-0C9F-4FB8-9DA0-662531CECD3A (resized).jpeg
#1206 2 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Impressive collection!

#1207 2 years ago

Mantis Metallica Protector Part II:

To get to the bottom scoop you must first disconnect and remove the upper scoop assembly, and then the lower scoop assembly.

That then leaves a thick (~3/32") aluminum bottom plate around the lower scoop, whose primary purpose seem to be to lower the bottom scoop lower than the top scoop assembly. I've attached 2 pics that show the issues with using a Mantis Metallica protector:

1) You would have to cut away a piece of the aluminum plate to fit the Mantis protector

2) The Mantis Protector would block one of the bottom scoop mounting holes

Personally at this point I'm going to wait out for Stern's final solution to see what it brings, as the interim solution shipped on the LEs seems to offer decent if not great protection. Depending on Stern's final solution and/or Cliffy/Mantis alternatives will determine the final best scoop protection.
9A05532E-AF1D-4527-9276-C0405D1DBA0F.jpeg9A05532E-AF1D-4527-9276-C0405D1DBA0F.jpeg9C7EB16A-1480-4FAE-B9E1-01A71227FF29.jpeg9C7EB16A-1480-4FAE-B9E1-01A71227FF29.jpeg

#1208 2 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

To get to the bottom scoop you must first disconnect and remove the upper scoop assembly, and then the lower scoop assembly.
That then leaves a thick (~3/32") aluminum bottom plate around the lower scoop, whose primary purpose seem to be to lower the bottom scoop lower than the top scoop assembly. I've attached 2 pics that show the issues with using a Mantis Metallic protector:
1) You would have to cut away a piece of the aluminum plate to fit the Mantis protector
Personally at this point I'm going to wait out for Stern's final solution to see what it brings, as the interim solution shipped on the LEs seems to offer decent if not great protection. Depending on Stern's final solution and/or Cliffy/Mantis alternatives will determine the final best scoop protection.[quoted image][quoted image]

Is that the Metallica Mantis you have shown in the pic?

I have a cnc machine shop...I can make a modification or 2 to make it work.

#1209 2 years ago

What does the Stern VUK look like, assembled from the underside?

#1210 2 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

That then leaves a thick (~3/32") aluminum bottom plate around the lower scoop, whose primary purpose seem to be to lower the bottom scoop lower than the top scoop assembly. I've attached 2 pics that show the issues with using a Mantis Metallic protector:
Personally at this point I'm going to wait out for Stern's final solution to see what it brings, as the interim solution shipped on the LEs seems to offer decent if not great protection. Depending on Stern's final solution and/or Cliffy/Mantis alternatives will determine the final best scoop protection.[quoted image][quoted image]

You da real MVP!
If the mantis was made with the mount flipped to the other side, and adjusted to mate up to those two plate mounting holes you’ve got the solution. No need to cut anything.
Easy peazy, lemon Squeezy.

#1211 2 years ago

New code! .89

#1212 2 years ago

Ray said its "lit"

#1213 2 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

Very Nice!!!!!!

#1214 2 years ago
Quoted from ian866:

Thanks for showing the mantis in the hole, it gives scale and an indication of what is possible to manufacture.
The best solution would be a one piece machined from billet protector that slots in over the top of both scoops and sorts out both the scoop holes and playfield surface at the same time. Would have to be CNC produced, but I believe it's achievable.

I ordered the Mantis protector (only $19) in case.

My RUSH LE is scheduled for Monday.

mike-myers-sprockets.gifmike-myers-sprockets.gif
#1215 2 years ago
Quoted from Craiger:

You da real MVP!
If the mantis was made with the mount flipped to the other side, and adjusted to mate up to those two plate mounting holes you’ve got the solution. No need to cut anything.
Easy peazy, lemon Squeezy.

Even better, mantis with mounting plates on both_ sides, mating up to the existing holes on both sides. The mounting plate on one side would have to be “longer” than the other.

#1216 2 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

That is a sick collection

#1217 2 years ago

Readme for 0.89 code (Pro)
https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/Rush-0_89_0-README_PRO.txt

Happy to see they’re still adding expression lighting affects. Can’t wait to get a set for my soon-to-be arriving pro.

#1218 2 years ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

Readme for 0.89 code (Pro)
https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/Rush-0_89_0-README_PRO.txt
Happy to see they’re still adding expression lighting affects. Can’t wait to get a set for my soon-to-be arriving pro.

Downloading now, hope ours is here Monday or Tuesday

#1219 2 years ago

Looks like a solid update. Is this:

" - Songs started by a mode or multiball will now end if the mode ends while
the ball is in play."

the change to song behavior that many folks seem to be asking for? I'd assume this means that, after a song mode ends, you return to the song you were listening to previously.

#1220 2 years ago

Maybe they're reading along & listening, or maybe it's a coincidence, but with the new code they've addressed three things that I offered some constructive criticisms on earlier:

- Added an additional skill shot opportunity when the ball returns to the shooter lane during the game.
- Songs started by a mode or multiball will now end if the mode ends while the ball is in play.
- Added mode instructions to the start of modes.

I'm not fully clear on the updates to Mystery (e.g., "- Changed the Mystery display effect priority to play before multiball jackpots and mode awards.") but this doesn't sound like the fix (yet) that I'm hoping for that doesn't stall the balls in there during multiball modes, but we'll see.

Anyway, if you Stern guys have been watching and taking our feedback, THANK YOU! If not and it's just coincidence, hey, that's cool too.

#1221 2 years ago
Quoted from aamauzy:

Looks like a solid update. Is this:
" - Songs started by a mode or multiball will now end if the mode ends while
the ball is in play."
the change to song behavior that many folks seem to be asking for? I'd assume this means that, after a song mode ends, you return to the song you were listening to previously.

That's what Metallica does

#1222 2 years ago

Holy sh!t. There's enough Rush LE flippers out there to have their own thread. 3 screen caps and I don't even get them all.

Screen Shot 2022-02-24 at 8.36.36 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-02-24 at 8.36.36 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-02-24 at 8.36.20 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-02-24 at 8.36.20 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-02-24 at 8.36.47 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-02-24 at 8.36.47 PM (resized).png
#1223 2 years ago

Has anyone tried to download the update via IC? My route rush isn’t seeing the update yet but I usually do it via usb

#1224 2 years ago

Only a few plays in but this game is way better than I was expecting. Only other Borg game I had was TMNT, which I found to be very clunky and frustrating. Rush flows incredibly well and the shots feel great. Scoop issue is a bummer but I’m definitely having a good time so far. I will say I don’t actually care for Rush music at all so I’m sure that’s more of a plus if you do.

#1225 2 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Holy sh!t. There's enough Rush LE flippers out there to have their own thread. 3 screen caps and I don't even get them all.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

As an LE owner this is counter productive, but I hope they all take a big loss. Flippers are scum.

#1226 2 years ago

Think some of flippers might be Distributors or someone selling it for the distributor?

#1227 2 years ago

Just received my LE today!
The game is absolutely beautiful!
All shots are easy to make , great flow.
Not usually a fan of side flippers but this is set up very nice .

Ok the scoop thing. Yes after about 10 plays even the new scoop is bending up a little at corners. In the meantime time a grabbed a spare ball a applied gentle pressure on the outer edges and rolled it down flat .
And like every machine I have owned
I applied a strip of laminate at the edges of scoop and beginning of ramps to Cover the sharp edges of the metal chipping balls.
I’ve never had a problem with this method and when removing I wihold my hand on it for some heat then gently slowly lift off.

Hope they come out with a better fix in meantime.

#1228 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Has anyone tried to download the update via IC? My route rush isn’t seeing the update yet but I usually do it via usb

Yeah mine's running right now. Says it's gonna take about 40 min or so, but whatever, I don't have time to play tonight anyway. It was weird, I went to Software Updates and it sat there indicating it was looking for code ... but when I pushed the service button to select Software Update it seemed to find it right away. May have just been timing, but figured I'd mention it just in case.

#1229 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Have you completed IC registration?

#1230 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Have you completed IC registration?

Yeah, should have. It is in my insider pro account.

#1231 2 years ago

JFC how did y'all manage to post 340 posts in a day?!
You owe me 45 minutes!
I'm with JJ and haven't heard anything yet, but I'm not bothering him. It'll be soon enough. Worried about the scoop, but think removal and mylar will be my solution.

#1232 2 years ago

What are you all turning through eject power down to?
Just dropped mine to 180

#1233 2 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Yeah mine's running right now. Says it's gonna take about 40 min or so, but whatever, I don't have time to play tonight anyway. It was weird, I went to Software Updates and it sat there indicating it was looking for code ... but when I pushed the service button to select Software Update it seemed to find it right away. May have just been timing, but figured I'd mention it just in case.

Weird, it had about 20 minutes left and then it just stopped, saying it was on 0.88 and was up to date. I wonder if they pulled the code back for a bug or something?

#1234 2 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Weird, it had about 20 minutes left and then it just stopped, saying it was on 0.88 and was up to date. I wonder if they pulled the code back for a bug or something?

I downloaded old fashioned way to USB, no issue. Transferring to USB now

#1235 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

What are you all turning through eject power down to?
Just dropped mine to 180

I dropped mine to 150

#1236 2 years ago

Sorry to repeat my question. Just wondering if you all are able to select DJ mixer/standard/competition by holding the flipper buttons? Mine won’t do anything when I hold them both. I’m on .88 but trying to update to .89 via wifi. I’m on free play in settings. Thx for any insight!

#1237 2 years ago
Quoted from BeeGee6533:

Sorry to repeat my question. Just wondering if you all are able to select DJ mixer/standard/competition by holding the flipper buttons? Mine won’t do anything when I hold them both. I’m on .88 but trying to update to .89 via wifi. I’m on free play in settings. Thx for any insight!

There’s prob a setting that’s set to off by default. That’s how it is on AC/DC & Met, anyway.

#1238 2 years ago

Holy sh!t. There's enough Rush LE flippers out there to have their own thread. 3 screen caps and I don't even get them all.

251783D8-23E1-4FF7-9615-52689989A1B3 (resized).jpeg251783D8-23E1-4FF7-9615-52689989A1B3 (resized).jpeg
#1239 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

There’s prob a setting that’s set to off by default. That’s how it is on AC/DC & Met, anyway.

I’ve been looking in settings but can’t seem to find it if it exists. Never had this issue on my other recent Sterns. Thx for the response!

#1240 2 years ago
Quoted from BeeGee6533:

I’ve been looking in settings but can’t seem to find it if it exists. Never had this issue on my other recent Sterns. Thx for the response!

I’m also getting auto launches when I soft plunge and don’t clear the shooter lane. Can’t find a setting to turn that off either.

#1241 2 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Oooh thanks for pointing this out, I'm gonna turn mine on next time I play (which wont be today, too busy). I hate virtual lock, and thereby the virtual lock for Far Cry annoys me. The whole point of it being a "lock" is that the ball stays there. Hard to put into words, but having a ball physically secured/trapped/locked in place is just more rewarding, like I've made progress in changing the configuration of the game and feels like more of an objective to jailbreak it. It's "real", and not just a "here the computer will keep track for you". I'm sure some of you understand what I mean.

Turning on the side scoop lock actually makes the little window in the PF useful too -- I was confused by this, since Far Cry never locked balls in there, what was the point of the window? Now you can see them. Though, you cant really see the first one unless you lean way forward. Can definitely see the second one though.

Speaking of visibility, anyone else not able to see the inserts in the upper loop? I'm 6 feet tall and can only see them if I stand up on my toes or lean around. A few times I couldn't figure out what to shoot next, because that arrow was flashing and I couldn't see it.

#1242 2 years ago

Holy sh!t. There's enough Rush LE flippers out there to have their own thread. 3 screen caps and I don't even get them all.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

A little optimistic on the prices, too.

#1243 2 years ago

All LE Owners (and future Premium Owners):

Go into Settings - Rush Settings - Side Scoop Locks Balls and change it from NEVER to ALWAYS. This will allow the side scoop to lock the first ball (when lit), plunge a new ball, then shoot the bottom scoop (when lit) to start Far Cry multiball. Both balls will eject simultaneously from the two scoops. I have NO IDEA why this is disabled by default, but it is such an amazing effect. Seriously. Do it right now. If you get balls in both scoops during multiball they also eject the same way.

Really liking the 0.89 code. So many awesome new callouts and animations. Love that the songs time out with the multiballs/hurryups. I didn’t think this bothered me that much, but now I realize how annoying it was. Great update.

I’m trying not to be too much of a fanboy, but every night I’m playing “just one more game” (x10) and every time a multiball starts I’ve got a huge grin on my face. I don’t know what it is - maybe it is the music, the lights, the amazing smooth shots. The whole package is just absolutely perfect. No question this is my favorite machine that I own right now and may be my favorite ever, and I’ve been collecting for over 20 years. Stern has knocked it out of the park on this one and it will certainly go down as one of the all time best.

P.s. I did a “poor man’s” DIY audio upgrade last night that made a huge difference. I’m gathering details and will post what I did later. Upgrading the audio is a game changer.

#1244 2 years ago

I Noticed no one on the west coast has any listed.

#1245 2 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

Go into Settings - Rush Settings - Side Scoop Locks Balls and change it from NEVER to ALWAYS. This will allow the side scoop to lock the first ball (when lit), plunge a new ball, then shoot the bottom scoop (when lit) to start Far Cry multiball.

Also note, there's a separate setting (up near the high end, one of the last few) regarding auto-launch after lock. Since you've now set it to actually lock a ball, it'll kick a new one into the shooter lane, so you can use this other setting to either have a breather and launch it yourself, or let it auto-launch right away. Auto-launch is the default.

#1246 2 years ago
Quoted from upsfeedr:

I Noticed no one on the west coast has any listed.

Probably just not here yet. Mine is on a truck but won't be here in CA until next week...

#1247 2 years ago

Holy sh!t. There's enough Rush LE flippers out there to have their own thread. 3 screen caps and I don't even get them all.[quoted
image][quoted image][quoted image]

Pepperidge Farm remembers

#1248 2 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

Go into Settings - Rush Settings - Side Scoop Locks Balls and change it from NEVER to ALWAYS. This will allow the side scoop to lock the first ball (when lit), plunge a new ball, then shoot the bottom scoop (when lit) to start Far Cry multiball. Both balls will eject simultaneously from the two scoops. I have NO IDEA why this is disabled by default, but it is such an amazing effect. Seriously. Do it right now. If you get balls in both scoops during multiball they also eject the same way.
Really liking the 0.89 code. So many awesome new callouts and animations. Love that the songs time out with the multiballs/hurryups. I didn’t think this bothered me that much, but now I realize how annoying it was. Great update.
I’m trying not to be too much of a fanboy, but every night I’m playing “just one more game” (x10) and every time a multiball starts I’ve got a huge grin on my face. I don’t know what it is - maybe it is the music, the lights, the amazing smooth shots. The whole package is just absolutely perfect. No question this is my favorite machine that I own right now and may be my favorite ever, and I’ve been collecting for over 20 years. Stern has knocked it out of the park on this one and it will certainly go down as one of the all time best.
P.s. I did a “poor man’s” DIY audio upgrade last night that made a huge difference. I’m gathering details and will post what I did later. Upgrading the audio is a game changer.

❤️

#1249 2 years ago

Anyone in Florida get their LE yet or hear when they may be in? I’m not hearing anything.

#1250 2 years ago
Quoted from kmad:

Anyone in Florida get their LE yet or hear when they may be in? I’m not hearing anything.

Yes, mine was delivered on Saturday, though it was through a distributor in south Florida who got several all at once on Thursday or Friday.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Virginia Beach, VA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

10,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tatamy, PA
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 17,890 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 358.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1/page/25?hl=geddy2112 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.