IMG_2312[1] (resized).JPG
FB_IMG_1709322521153 (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-02-27 235259 (resized).png
PXL_20240224_143017481 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240224_143010432 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240224_142756659 (resized).jpg
book2 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,809 posts in this topic. You are on page 256 of 357.
#12751 1 year ago

Anyone interested in a NEW uninstalled set of Freddy's (Germany) orange plastic protectors for a Prem/LE 23pc? DM me.

IMG_20230307_185320 (resized).jpgIMG_20230307_185320 (resized).jpg
#12752 1 year ago

New to the Rush group. In November I won Pinball Charity Pro raffle. Marco distributes for them. After them not having anything in stock for 4 months, they finally shipped my game, which was a January 2022 build date and the Stern scoop fix was not shipped with the game. Obviously on day 1, the scoop protector began to deform. I scoured through this forum and see there is a mix between the Stern nub fix and the Ninja fix. To my eye, the Ninja seems better, but looking for advice as to what the group thinks is the best. Has the Ninja proven to hold up?

#12753 1 year ago

The Ninjacamp version 2 has proven to hold up. Any complaints you see about that are from v1, which had a thinner connection between the two scoop areas that could eventually fail. The one caveat is don't overtighten the posts that hold it down, since that's what puts stress into it that can make it fail.

My Rush was secondhand with a few hundred games prior. Even as a later build with Stern's improved protector, the metal was still very obviously scraped and worn, so I replaced that with the Ninjacamp protector.

#12754 1 year ago
Quoted from bridgeman:

New to the Rush group. In November I won Pinball Charity Pro raffle. Marco distributes for them. After them not having anything in stock for 4 months, they finally shipped my game, which was a January 2022 build date and the Stern scoop fix was not shipped with the game. Obviously on day 1, the scoop protector began to deform. I scoured through this forum and see there is a mix between the Stern nub fix and the Ninja fix. To my eye, the Ninja seems better, but looking for advice as to what the group thinks is the best. Has the Ninja proven to hold up?

I have a Jan '22 Pro build with a Ninja Camp protector.

Could not be happier - it's been awesome.

#12755 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

I have a Jan '22 Pro build with a Ninja Camp protector.

Could not be happier - it's been awesome.

Thanks. Marco said they are trying to get me the Stern fix directly shipped. Visually I like the Ninja and its more as the game was designed. I ordered the Ninja. Feel I can't go wrong. Thanks for the input.

#12756 1 year ago
Quoted from SterlingRush:

Not that I’ve seen reported. I was curious about this at the beginning, but NinjaCamp’s protector(v2), has been doing a great job, for my machine. I didn’t have any reason to revisit the idea, might be the same for others.

V1 still shows no wear, 900+ plays. Hey Ninja, how about a shooter lane protector?

#12757 1 year ago
Quoted from bridgeman:

The Ninja is great. Their second version is even better than their original. I have a black one that will not show ball marks.

I got rid of the horse blinders.

#12758 1 year ago
Quoted from drummermike:

The Ninja is great. Their second version is even better than their original. I have a black one that will not show ball marks.
I got rid of the horse blinders.

Question: I know the Stern scoop fix came with a MUCH improved hole guard that is a thicker gauge steel than the two(or more) previously released parts. I know the ears/ blinders can optionally NOT be installed. Does the Ninja go straight on the wood? Or does it cover the metal? (Wondering if the OP needs the replacement part anyway.) Thanks.

#12759 1 year ago
Quoted from CrashJT:

Question: I know the Stern scoop fix came with a MUCH improved hole guard that is a thicker gauge steel than the two(or more) previously released parts. I know the ears/ blinders can optionally NOT be installed. Does the Ninja go straight on the wood? Or does it cover the metal? (Wondering if the OP needs the replacement part anyway.) Thanks.

The Ninja fix goes right on the wood, though some have put down mylar first.

#12760 1 year ago
Quoted from Kez11:

The Ninja fix goes right on the wood, though some have put down mylar first.

Mylar in front of both about 2"out, and inside the scoops as well. If you lay it across the scoop, then x cut it, it lays down pretty smooth

#12761 1 year ago
Quoted from bridgeman:

Thanks. Marco said they are trying to get me the Stern fix directly shipped. Visually I like the Ninja and its more as the game was designed. I ordered the Ninja. Feel I can't go wrong. Thanks for the input.

I have the Stern fix but I don't like it. It's in a box on my shelf just in case.

#12762 1 year ago

It’s been a while, so I popped in to see if there’s been a status update on the topper. Nope.
Anybody else remember a photo posted last fall that was potentially a pic of what the thing will look like? Did anything more come of it?

Remember this:
64C6BF5D-1820-4797-8E43-BA6AC04CCB4A (resized).png64C6BF5D-1820-4797-8E43-BA6AC04CCB4A (resized).png

#12763 1 year ago

I heard someone mention the RUSH topper reveal is on 4/4.

#12764 1 year ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

When will Stern offer a topper for this amazing game? Maybe it's 4/4? Maybe not? Will it be affordable? Will they make enough of them? Fear not since Gameroommods is offering a beautiful topper for your game for a limited time. It's inspired by the "Roll The Bones" album cover. It looks amazing when unlit. It looks amazing when lit. Ultra cool with LED lighting effect. For the next couple weeks there's a sizable introductory discount. Until the Stern topper message came we actually were going to end the intro pricing end on 4/3 but that timing would look odd wouldn't it? So now the intro pricing will end on 4/10.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1167-gameroom-mods/07936-stern-rush-lighted-topper

20230308_134053_cropped (resized).jpg20230308_134053_cropped (resized).jpg20230308_120633_cropped (resized).jpg20230308_120633_cropped (resized).jpgrush-roll-the-bones (resized).jpgrush-roll-the-bones (resized).jpg
#12765 1 year ago

Came across this on a Facebook post:

#12766 1 year ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Such a vanilla time signature.. I bet Stern waits til 9/8 or something to keep on theme.

#12767 1 year ago
Quoted from Bill2112Rush:

It’s been a while, so I popped in to see if there’s been a status update on the topper. Nope.
Anybody else remember a photo posted last fall that was potentially a pic of what the thing will look like? Did anything more come of it?
Remember this:
[quoted image]

I sure hope that's not it . The time machine is already not that interesting, we don't need 2!

#12768 1 year ago

Got a strange issue on my new Rush Pro. I got it new a couple of weeks ago and had a few minor issues to correct (lockbar button wasn't registering, sling switches needed adjustment, a few loose connectors), but had everything sorted and running the first day just fine. Then last night I noticed my mystery insert under the lower scoop stopped lighting up. When I looked under the playfield I found several wires in a wire bundle going by this insert crushed and damaged, with one entirely broken. I'm not sure if this happened during assembly and it just took a while to have the one wire entirely break, or if it's possible the wires got into the plunger assembly on the scoop and started getting smashed there. It was pretty close to the plunger when I found it, they were already broken. Anyone seen this sort of problem in this area?

IMG_20230307_225645 (1) (resized).jpgIMG_20230307_225645 (1) (resized).jpg
#12769 1 year ago
Quoted from CrashJT:

I put the second version of the Ninja scoop protector in without any mylar. The Ninja seems to be thinner than the Stern metal protector. The ball rolls in nicely. My pin is home use only so I did not think mylar was needed. But you can do what you want. Mylar will add more protection. Get rid of all the Stern scoop parts.

#12770 1 year ago

New here and curious if anyone knows when we might see art blades, expression lights, or a shooter rod? Got a premium that needs some accessories

#12771 1 year ago
Quoted from OutlawTorn304:

New here and curious if anyone knows when we might see art blades, expression lights, or a shooter rod? Got a premium that needs some accessories

Don't forget the topper

"soon" is all anyone has heard LOL

#12772 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

Don't forget the topper
"soon" is all anyone has heard LOL

I know right. Pretty sure I’ve got a scoop issue also. Sometimes the ball comes out of the lower scoop super slow.

#12773 1 year ago

Dont hold your breath

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#12774 1 year ago

no kidding...its a F'n Joke that no accessories are available over a year after the game has been released. nada. zip. nothing. Hoping the 4/4 reveal date is accurate. Comon Stern help us RUSH fans out.

#12775 1 year ago

This is a celestial voice telling you, you suck!

Never heard that call out before. Ged cracks me up.

#12776 1 year ago
Quoted from ddebuss:

When will Stern offer a topper for this amazing game? Maybe it's 4/4? Maybe not? Will it be affordable?

I can stop the quote right here and answer part of your question......
Answer is NO

#12777 1 year ago
Quoted from tslayer71:

7.5 pitch is really steep. I'd try lowering the pitch. I've got mine at 6.5 - 6.6 and it's more than fast/challenging enough. Vespula ya gotta level your pins. Should be one of the first things you do when you get a game. I'd get something like this: amazon.com link »
People are gonna say get this app on your phone or this little cube thing. Get whatever you want. The more surface area you measure, the more accurate it will be. As to how to level a game - search the forums, there's tons of posts on it

I also need a digital level and before I order this one, can the dimensions be confirmed. Amazon says it’s 1.2” wide by 2.2” high which I find kind of big for a torpedo style level, the 10” length does seem about right.

Thanks,
David

#12778 1 year ago
Quoted from rocketman:

I also need a digital level and before I order this one, can the dimensions be confirmed. Amazon says it’s 1.2” wide by 2.2” high which I find kind of big for a torpedo style level, the 10” length does seem about right.
Thanks,
David

I just got it. It is right. It's slightly larger than torpedo you'd expect but it works ... After you put a AAA in it. Lol.
I checked my GNR last night since I had the glass off and it was level side to side and 6.5 on pitch. So that's pretty cool. Rush is next.

#12779 1 year ago

If you are going digital, get the small cube one so you never have problems finding a spot to place it.

#12780 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

I just got it. It is right. It's slightly larger than torpedo you'd expect but it works ... After you put a AAA in it. Lol.
I checked my GNR last night since I had the glass off and it was level side to side and 6.5 on pitch. So that's pretty cool. Rush is next.

Thanks for the quick confirm and just ordered it. I actually used high school trig to figure my Rush Pro is 6.45 degrees by measuring the rise with a level torpedo level and the inverse tangent gives the degree.

Good idea with the small cube and will look into what is offered and probably get one too .... more to have 2 digitals for QC purposes.

#12781 1 year ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

get the small cube one

This?
Klein Tools 935DAG Digital Electronic Level and Angle Gauge, Measures 0 - 90 and 0 - 180 Degree Ranges, Measures and Sets Angles https://a.co/d/4ONxVUj

#12782 1 year ago

Something like that, there are also cheaper ones that work just fine, this isn't an engineering exercise.

#12783 1 year ago

Under $20 and on order so we'll see how this one works ..... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07VGWYVWF

#12784 1 year ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

If you are going digital, get the small cube one so you never have problems finding a spot to place it.

One of the challenges with the cube ones is it's not as obvious to get it 100% parallel to the slope of the playfield. Rotate it even ever so slightly, and it will read off. But that said, it is a good tool to have. Actually I made a video comparing my favorite methods, check it out!

#12785 1 year ago
Quoted from rocketman:

Thanks,
David

Meh.. i just use an iPhone app. Gets me in the neighborhood

#12786 1 year ago
Quoted from orangedude71:

Which app?

#12787 1 year ago
Quoted from orangedude71:

For ballparking it on Android I already had the app "GPS Status" installed which has a bubble level feature. I have heard of an app that is designed for sounding out when certain measurements are reached? Don't know what it is named or on what platform. Useful for if you're under the machine and leveling solo.

Note that with any level a useful test after measuring is to turn it 180° and measure again. If you don't see the same measurement then your level is out of calibration. You can compensate by doing the rotation and splitting the difference between the two measurements.

#12788 1 year ago

Pinguy’s app is pretty commonly used. It will call out the level so you can hear it while you are under the game turning levelers.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/pinguy/id782973821

#12789 1 year ago

I’m using iHandy level but the one mentioned further down the thread looks like a better solution

#12790 1 year ago

Clinometer app for android works great. Been using it for years. It doesn't matter if your phone is angled slightly when laying down, it self-adjusts readings as needed.

Screenshot_20230310_104736 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230310_104736 (resized).jpg
#12791 1 year ago
Quoted from Enchantress:

Anyone interested in a NEW uninstalled set of Freddy's (Germany) orange plastic protectors for a Prem/LE 23pc? DM me.
[quoted image]

Bump

#12792 1 year ago
Quoted from andre060:

One of the challenges with the cube ones is it's not as obvious to get it 100% parallel to the slope of the playfield. Rotate it even ever so slightly, and it will read off

This can't be stated loudly enough. I rest it on a trimmed paint stirrer across the flippers to make sure it's 100% parallel. I find eyeing it to be extremely difficult.

#12793 1 year ago

Our replacement node 10 board blew again a couple of days ago. But instead of just seeing the node 10 not initialized notification on startup, it says nodes 4, 8 and 10 not found. Could the node 10 issue have taken out the other 2 boards somehow? I don’t even know where to begin with this one.

#12794 1 year ago

I have reason to believe a lot of people on this thread will be seeing some long awaited good news from Stern very soon. May be a few days or a few weeks, but soon. I can't say more so please don't ask, but mark my words and remember this post. I will say this... my right side expression lights have not been working for almost a year. Today, they are working!

#12795 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Dont hold your breath
[quoted image]

Check out the latest Slam Tilt podcast during the "Ball bag" listener mail section. They go over my email of a LONG list of complaints towards Stern on how they are treating Rush owners and the game itself.

Its starting to get ridiculous.

https://open.spotify.com/episode/7MUCWptHTdZMrvgBh4l6cu?si=Bs_eByofQcySyiNl1B7unQ
(about 44:45 into the episode.)

#12796 1 year ago
Quoted from Magicman:

I have reason to believe a lot of people on this thread will be seeing some long awaited good news from Stern very soon. May be a few days or a few weeks, but soon. I can't say more so please don't ask, but mark my words and remember this post. I will say this... my right side expression lights have not been working for almost a year. Today, they are working!

I'll subscribe to your optimism. How were you able to fix your broken lights? Do tell...

#12797 1 year ago

Ok yes, I've checked into it and heard the following from a reliable source... So info is out... And I quote:

...those expression light kits should be available soon. I believe they are going to make an announcement soon about all the accesories for Rush, which includes those.

#12798 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Ok yes, I've checked into it and heard the following from a reliable source... So info is out... And I quote:
...those expression light kits should be available soon. I believe they are going to make an announcement soon about all the accesories for Rush, which includes those.

My source that said “any day now” in January said yesterday “they have said not a word” about Rush accessories - I sure hope your source is more up to date than mine!!

#12799 1 year ago

I just came from the Louisville Arcade Expo. There was 1 Rush Premium there sitting in a row with Bond, Godzilla, Turtles, Mando...

I looked over at one point, there was one person waiting to play each of the other games. There were 10 people in line to play Rush.

#12800 1 year ago
Quoted from Photopin:

I just came from the Louisville Arcade Expo. There was 1 Rush Premium there sitting in a row with Bond, Godzilla, Turtles, Mando...
I looked over at one point, there was one person waiting to play each of the other games. There were 10 people in line to play Rush.

As it should be

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Attleboro, MA
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 138.00
Lighting - Interactive
ArcadeMade
Interactive
$ 35.00
Rubber/Silicone
NinjaCamp Mods
Rubber/Silicone
Lighting - Led
Gameroom Mods
Led
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball
Decals
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 135.00
Lighting - Interactive
NinjaCamp Mods
Interactive
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
9,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Auburn, NH
9,975 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Algonquin, IL
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
There are 17,809 posts in this topic. You are on page 256 of 357.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1/page/256 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.